Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: east european migrants, what does it mean for dating?
 there-sownrose
Msg: 9 (view)

east european migrants, what does it mean for dating?
Posted: 12/23/2013 1:46:06 AM
T1M to answer your op, no I am not the least bit threatened and I honestly couldn't give a toss.
 there-sownrose
Msg: 2 (view)

Wifi, Microwaves and the Consequences to our Health
Posted: 12/20/2013 3:34:59 AM
Being a radiographer and working with radiation day in and day out I cannot even bring myself to sensibly address this topic. Lightstar you are going off on a tangent,.
 there-sownrose
Msg: 72 (view)

accents
Posted: 12/10/2013 11:17:33 AM
I like Northern accents particularly north eastern (Middlesbrough) mostly cos it reminds of a man that I absolutely adore.

Can't stand south western accents, Plymothian is just awful.
 there-sownrose
Msg: 337 (view)

Favorite Quotes
Posted: 12/6/2013 11:28:44 AM
Rimmer to Holly in Red dwarf "you jumped up filofax"

Lucy Watson to Spencer Matthews in Made in Chelsea "You are a whole new level of disgusting"
 there-sownrose
Msg: 115 (view)

Motorway speed limits.
Posted: 12/4/2013 11:51:20 AM
That may be lightstar but my friend who is a special with the traffic cops has said that in Devon they won't stop you if you are going below 90, 80 in poor conditions. They also do not want the traffic slowing to 70mph when they see a police car, so I never do, I carry on at 80 as long as it is safe to do so. They are not interested in the average driver going 10 mph over the speed limit on a major road. The real dangerous drivers are the ones going 100+, flashing their lights, weaving across lanes and driving a foot behind the car in front, usually in a BMW!!!
 there-sownrose
Msg: 120 (view)

women what do you like a hairy chest or a smoth chest ?
Posted: 12/3/2013 1:12:19 AM
I am unsure what a "smoth" chest is, it is something I have yet to encounter.

Not a fan of huge rugs, a little bit is acceptable, that is all.
 there-sownrose
Msg: 35 (view)

Is music important?
Posted: 11/24/2013 9:36:20 AM

not the be all & end

I read that as bell end
 there-sownrose
Msg: 104 (view)

Are people on PoF genuine you think?
Posted: 11/22/2013 3:03:01 PM

I've been fortunate to have over 80 women make initial contact with me

80 in 9 months?

Nope, don't forget we are on American date system here, that's since 2/11/2013 in the UK if this user is to be believed.... LOL
 there-sownrose
Msg: 18 (view)

Why Don't People Stay Together Anymore?
Posted: 11/22/2013 2:59:54 PM
I think there are some very valid reasons why you might not stay with someone.
Speaking personally, I did not stay with my first long term bf because he was abusive, my 2nd cheated on me and dumped me on valentines day for the other women who he later married. My daughters father was married to someone else so clearly that was not a committed relationship!!
Now I only to date casually, I seem to like the idea of meeting someone but I can't bear the thought of having someone full time and I realise that I don't actually need it either.

So I think the reason people don't stay together is, because, they don't have to.
 there-sownrose
Msg: 40 (view)

Buzzing Bedroom Buddies (and other things ...)
Posted: 11/21/2013 11:44:21 AM

Dear Miss SownRose.
Thank you for your recent order online. We strive to always have our advertised items in stock however the item you chose from of displays was not for sale. That was our fire extinguisher. Please choose another item.
Yours, Anne Summers

EH????

Ann Summers don't make the best vibrators.
 there-sownrose
Msg: 35 (view)

Buzzing Bedroom Buddies (and other things ...)
Posted: 11/20/2013 12:14:43 PM
I've had a few different toys over the years and only ever use them when I fancy a change and on my own, for me it's for satisfying an itch as quickly as possible whereas with a partner it's a completely different experience and I don't need extras. If a partner wanted to introduce toys I'd give it a try.

Dave, what on earth did you search for to bring up this thread??!!
 there-sownrose
Msg: 6 (view)

Alcohol: what are we going to do?
Posted: 11/10/2013 11:07:58 AM

I think if alcohol was banned the nation would eventually adapt,

Because prohibition worked so well in the US?!!

I agree that education is the key and I will lecture anyone I think it appropriate, in fact I think you DT have been on the receiving end a number of times.

However, working in the NHS I have to say that actually it is obesity that is much more worrying in terms of cost and the nations health. Saying that though, the population needs a cull so perhaps.....
 there-sownrose
Msg: 10 (view)

Why online dating is a doomed endeavour.
Posted: 11/10/2013 4:52:11 AM
Now now T1M, behave yourself. Couple of individuals not a couple in relation to threesomes! I have already made my thoughts clear on this topic in a previous thread ;)

But yes, now you've put it that way, you are right, there is that instant judgement, I wasn't thinking that through properly!
 there-sownrose
Msg: 7 (view)

Why online dating is a doomed endeavour.
Posted: 11/10/2013 4:03:08 AM

Cuzz, you illustrate my point perfectly. You want that connection before you agree to meet, and yet its IMPOSSIBLE to establish that without meeting someone in person... No matter how much you think you know someone from online messages, the only way to actually know someone, is to actually know them, in person.

Establishing a real connection with someone requires at least a good glimpse into the core of who they are. And you can't do that online.

So then meet asap, what's the problem? I meet within a week of first message usually.

I've met a couple that I've instantly liked, lots that I know I'd never fancy and some I've not been sure about. In fact I'm still not sure about the one that I've been seeing for over 3 months. So I disagree, it doesn't always 10 secs to make that decision as to whether an emotional connection can be established.

There is no magic formula, just go with it and chill out.
 there-sownrose
Msg: 306 (view)

Favorite Quotes
Posted: 11/9/2013 6:52:36 AM
Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self esteem, first make sure that you are not, in fact, just surrounding yourself with ***holes - William Gibson
 there-sownrose
Msg: 15 (view)

Posted: 11/8/2013 1:23:03 PM

You don't have to reply to everyone, but when it reaches a point where your not even reading a guys message and that guy is probably someone you'd be happy to flirt with in a bar/club, you know that the side is turning you narcissistic.

I do though. I read every single message and profile. Few are what I am looking for so I don't waste their or my time.

In real life I flirt with everyone, men and women, be it in a bar, work or supermarket etc. Does not mean I'm interested in them or fancy them...it's just a pleasant way of interacting with another human being. I rarely fancy a man in real life, just the same as on this website.

We are not all suffering with "kids in the a sweet shop syndrome" but you can continue to tell yourself that if it makes you feel better.
 there-sownrose
Msg: 12 (view)

Posted: 11/8/2013 11:44:52 AM

Keep to your standarts I say, dont aim too high

Am I the only person that thinks this is a contradictory statement?

I am a genuine person on here but that doesn't mean I must reply to everyone that messages me, that's my prerogative. It would be very arrogant to assume that someone should reply to you just because you think that they should. It takes 2 to make a good match doesn't it?
 there-sownrose
Msg: 27 (view)

Fizzy Drinks May Lead To Teenage Violence !!
Posted: 11/2/2013 5:37:48 AM

What is consumed has a massive effect on the state of mind and behaviour.

I wonder what would happen if I consumed a load of B*llocks?
 there-sownrose
Msg: 43 (view)

Long/short hair for the mature ladies
Posted: 11/2/2013 1:55:27 AM

I do not often not see your point of view but are you drinking?
I have never seen you make such a blanket ( pun intended) statement.

I promise I wasn't! It is a blanket statement but as I said, personal to me. Long hair on men freaks me out a bit and makes me feel a bit sick. I can't explain it, it just isn't right!!
 there-sownrose
Msg: 41 (view)

Long/short hair for the mature ladies
Posted: 11/1/2013 12:21:17 PM
It is my feeling that no man should have long hair (excepting Neil Young).

That's just personal to me though, other women my feel differently.
 there-sownrose

Is dating just a hobby
Posted: 10/26/2013 5:39:48 AM

just means that you find them physically attractive enough to have sex with.

and for me that means a relationship too. Is that just me? I need to be with someone I find physically attractive which is a bummer as I know loads of interesting fun women who just don't do it for me but with whom I can spend a lot of time in their company.

When I read Spiders post I assumed that in the first instance you weigh up whether you would want to get physically involved with them and then assess whether you feel there is relationship potential as well. I didn't assume he meant he was just going to sleep with them and nothing else, just that was the first thing to judge during dating.

Personally I think that physical attraction is usually instant but that it takes a little longer to get to know a person and whether you have a connection outside of the physical.

No Dave it is not just you and I could say that I believe that most people would agree with you whether they realise it or not. If you are spending time with someone and having sex with them, that is a relationship. Relationships take many forms and guises, committed or not, long or short, casual or serious, just depends on the individuals involved.
 there-sownrose
Msg: 5 (view)

A different kind of lovin
Posted: 10/25/2013 4:58:39 AM

The problem lies more in the fact that they had a law about each couple only being allowed to have one child, this led to people choosing to keep or terminate pregnancies by choice and as most people saw male babies as being more financially viable (more likely to get good jobs, support the family etc) they ended up with a situation of men outnumbering women by 3 to 1. This means of course that the majority of males will not ever find love and the women have free range to be as picky as they want in finding the man they want.

That is CHINA not JAPAN!!!!!!!!!! 2 very different countries and cultures.
 there-sownrose
Msg: 3 (view)

Is dating just a hobby
Posted: 10/21/2013 11:25:40 AM
I enjoy dating and have been on plenty. But it's not as a hobby, I do want to meet someone who will be a permanent fixture in my life.
The forums are entertaining to a point.
 there-sownrose
Msg: 14 (view)

Spider season .... help
Posted: 10/21/2013 11:21:37 AM

Like the whole global warming and climate change thing (and climate gate), research is expensive and the results often favour the sponsor.

And who do you imagine sponsors research into Arachnophobia? Hoover? LOL I imagine this is more likely to be University funded and should be free from bias.

Anyway, this is my all time favourite spider you tube clip

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QwruG6TSrAQ

Would you get a cup for this one??
 there-sownrose
Msg: 2 (view)

Spider season .... help
Posted: 10/19/2013 5:40:24 PM
A Henry/Hetty hoover could be your next best friend
 there-sownrose
Msg: 72 (view)

Miley Cyrus Pics, Something to Worry about? Or Storm in a Teacup?
Posted: 10/17/2013 2:25:43 PM

Loving all this, so much hypocrisy, 'don't tell someone to do that! What gives you the right?'
And in the next breath, 'If you want to say this, PM them!!' Telling him what to do!
Honestly! And I have said this before, IF YOU HAVE NO KNOWLEDGE OR INTEREST IN THE SUBJECT OF THE POST, WHY JOIN IN??? 'I have no interest whatsoever in....'so why butt in?.

TBH I couldn't give a flying f*ck what one celebrity said to another or whether Miley Cyrus is acting like a prick, that is all I have to say on the subject.

Oluben, I, don't take any of these forums seriously and if you read my post properly and not just the words perhaps you might be able to see that, the same goes for other posters comments. There obviously is no intonation in the written word but don't take everything so literally. And no I am not scared of Colin, why would I be? He is an avatar on a forum, just as you all are.
 there-sownrose
Msg: 67 (view)

Miley Cyrus Pics, Something to Worry about? Or Storm in a Teacup?
Posted: 10/17/2013 12:29:36 PM

I was going to cut and paste your replies and pick them apart one by one, but it isn't worth the time and energy. You've ignored the actual on-topic points I made and just focused on the personal points I raised, proving that being personally attacked on a forum is never a nice thing. Which makes your contribution to this part of the thread even stranger. Because Colin does this all the time. He acts like a hooligan on these boards. Starting flame wars for no reason and flinging insults without any provocation. I don't think I've ever seen you pull him up on his behaviour, which I guess is fair enough. Maybe he's a friend, or maybe you're scared. Or maybe both. But do you really think, after reading his last stroppy reply to my post, it was a smart thing for you to jump in and "back him up" with such a misinformed opinion?

If myself and Colin have another argument (and I'm sure it won't be long) try to stay out of it. If he's big enough to start fires he's got to be big enough to handle getting burnt. Let him get burnt by himself.

LOLOLOLOLOL Oluben, my my.

I have a suggestion as you seem to be a bit confused. Go back and re-read the replies on this thread.

If someone is flaming....ignore
If someone wants to disagree with you....don't take it as a personal insult
No one was "siding" with anyone (this is not a school playground...or is it??)
It is not wise to order people about on here, that's d*mn rude and what gives you the right? If you post something on here then anyone has the right to reply as it's a public forum. If you want to have a private discussion with Colin, then do so, via pm.

Finally, it is just a forum.
 there-sownrose
Msg: 18 (view)

is this government supported racism?
Posted: 10/10/2013 9:57:20 AM

Exactly I agree, and who knows; in the near future those badgers and foxes could be vital immigrant food, (whilst the rest of us live on wasp salads and grasshopper on toast.)

hmm well that depends on how the badger cull goes, the immigrants may have to be content with grass sandwiches whilst we feast on the immigrants, might as well put them to some use eh?
 there-sownrose

New boyfriend seems to enjoy making me jealous?
Posted: 10/4/2013 4:45:52 PM
yawn - your 23 not 12. If you don't like it get rid. If you don't want to get rid, suck it up and get on with it.
 there-sownrose
Msg: 4 (view)

pof walk
Posted: 10/3/2013 12:18:06 PM
Who cares when it is. It's only 2 pounds to park!!!!
 there-sownrose
Msg: 7 (view)

20 dates no spark :-s
Posted: 10/3/2013 7:23:46 AM
I've dated I think 24 different men in the last couple of years. There has been just one that I felt real chemistry with and I'd marry him tomorrow if he asked me (on the proviso that he leave the Navy lol).
But there have been several others that I've enjoyed their company enough to see again and there has been potential. What I'm trying to say is, if I fancy someone then I'll see how it goes, it doesn't have to be immediate fireworks. Relationships take time to develop.
Having said that, if you haven't wanted to have sex with any of your dates I think you'd be right not to persue anything further with any of them.
 there-sownrose
Msg: 38 (view)

Scared of commitment
Posted: 9/29/2013 1:18:47 AM

its a depressing thought that people shun commitment , because they see it as something used to control each other or play mind games with each other, i get it... but it makes me sad, even though it would take someone amazing to get me into a relationship now i'm still open minded on it all and i'd like to think i wouldnt shy away from it, it if came along.... :(

Makes me sad too Night. The idea of commitment terrifies me (always has) but I know if the right person came along, I'd be theirs, 100%

I've been seeing someone for a little while now on a casual/no commitment basis (his choice) but it is not enough for me so I'm still actively looking in the meantime.
 there-sownrose

is this government supported racism?
Posted: 9/22/2013 7:11:37 AM
Indeed Notts, I must say that I prefer my lemons in a G & T.

The conservation issue is an interesting one though, whether attributed to the human race or to any other living species. To play Devils advocate, what is the point of conservation when all life is transient. Who are we conserving it for?

Just to be clear I do not advocate arbitrarily wiping out any species but I do believe that conservationists are fighting a losing battle.
 there-sownrose
Msg: 30 (view)

Vaccinating Babies
Posted: 9/10/2013 12:14:08 PM

So as you say it’s easy to manipulate statistics, then you give me some statistics from the World Health Organisation, the same people who brought us the $wine flu.

BMJ Exposes WHO Corruption

http://www.theepochtimes.com/n2/health/bmj-exposes-who-corruption-37268.html

The link you have added is not the editorial, it is an inflammatory conspiracy theory article written on the real editorial which if you read carefully concludes there was no wrong doing by the WHO though they need to be more transparent in their methods and watch their budgets more carefully.

I have used WHO/NICE/NHS stats many times when writing papers, national office of statistics is also a good reference option.

And yes, most of those current deaths were in the 3rd world, so what? Global deaths of measles have decreased by 72% since vaccinations have come about. Are you saying that actually we should let people die of measles and that it's tough sh*t if you contract the disease? Do you think we should not bother with polio vaccines? What about smallpox that has been irradicated, do you think we should not have bothered?

I'm not quite sure what your point is but perhaps you are against any medical intervention and think nature should just take it's course. Working in healthcare I do not believe this and if help is available then it should be available to all.
 there-sownrose
Msg: 49 (view)

Old and alone.
Posted: 9/9/2013 9:40:36 AM
My beloved Nan died last week. Her husband of 60 years and 2 of her children by her side. So many family members came to visit her while she was in hospital the nurse commented she had never seen the like. She was so loved by everyone.
I don't want to be alone when I get old.
 there-sownrose
Msg: 25 (view)

Vaccinating Babies
Posted: 9/9/2013 1:08:16 AM

In this study, the Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System (VAERS) database, 1990–2010, was investigated
http://het.sagepub.com/content/31/10/1012.full
“Our findings show a positive correlation between the number of vaccine doses administered and the percentage of hospitalizations and deaths.”

I'm sure I don't need to tell you that it is very easy to manipulate statistics. What are the estimated number death in this period related to vaccine administration?

Would it help if you knew the number deaths that measles has caused in 2011? My source is WHO - 158000 deaths.
According to WHO before vaccination commenced in 1980, measles caused 2.6 million deaths annually. It is still the leading cause of death in children and there is no antiviral treatment available.

People talk about the "risk" of vaccines even though there has not been any where near enough evidence to make definite conclusions but they have forgotten what a deadly disease measles is, they imagine that it is something like chicken pox where you might feel a bit dodgy for a few days, it is not.

If everyone suddenly stopped vaccinating their children, measles will make a comeback, just as TB is. Everyone must make their own decisions but remember it is not a decision you are making for yourself but on behalf of your child.
 there-sownrose

Scared of commitment
Posted: 9/8/2013 4:40:37 AM
THe thought of committing to any kind of relationship terrifies me. Doesn't mean that I won't do it though with the right person.
 there-sownrose
Msg: 22 (view)

Vaccinating Babies
Posted: 9/8/2013 4:13:10 AM
We no longer routinely vaccinate for TB which is terrifying and very short sighted. A money saving exercise in the short term perhaps but not in the long term.
 there-sownrose
Msg: 23 (view)

What sort of people are attracted to the armed forces and the Police force these days?
Posted: 9/5/2013 9:04:43 AM

Id love to date a man in uniform, Id feel protected and I have a LOT of respect for people who risk their lives to protect us

Well unfortunately real life is not a movie and your romantic view of what it is like to be with someone in the forces does not match reality (in my experience).

I've mostly dated naval officers (not on purpose, they just seem to find me!!). I've observed an emotional detachment in all of them, perhaps it's because they are away so much I don't know.

Certainly in Plymouth, pof is known as plenty of sh*gs by the navy boys and that's what they come on here for. This is why I am now trying to avoid and stick to civvies.
 there-sownrose

Vaccinating Babies
Posted: 9/5/2013 12:40:39 AM
No one has ever been able to prove the link between autism and the MMR vaccine. However measles and mortality rates speak for themselves. Vaccinate, no question.
 there-sownrose

Great news regarding Syria:)))
Posted: 8/31/2013 11:51:20 AM
102 minutes is showing on channel 4 this evening. It's the only 9/11 programme worth watching.

vvvv I was on the Aldgate train too Lightstar
 there-sownrose
Msg: 10 (view)

Great news regarding Syria:)))
Posted: 8/31/2013 3:24:24 AM

If they don't, then there is a an extremely good chance that the next time chemical weapons are used, it'll be central London........

Whether we get involved or not, something has to be done.

Or NY. This was always one of my worries living and working in London, especially after being caught up in the 7/7 bombings, it was always at the back of my mind. I wouldn't move back again now.

The thing is, there is no right or wrong answer or course of action with this sort of situation, only the benefit of hindsight. One thing I am sure of though, there is no glory in war.
 there-sownrose
Msg: 11 (view)

UFO's?
Posted: 8/31/2013 12:45:13 AM

(from narrow minded, uninformed dogmatists like yourself)

I'm neither of these things and if you actually read what I had written properly you would understand the reasons why I do not believe aliens have visited our planet. My heart's with science which if you've ever studied it you'll understand contains many leaps of faith, but they are all backed up with real evidence.

I'm a realist and not a fantasist however, I also do not feel the need to fling insults and throw my toys out of the pram because not everyone agrees with me.
 there-sownrose
Msg: 16 (view)

What sort of people are attracted to the armed forces and the Police force these days?
Posted: 8/30/2013 9:21:54 AM
Well after my latest disaster with a military man I won't be dating any more. Which is a shame and I try not to discriminate against certain jobs but each one has had baggage and an inability to connect emotionally. In others words, just out for a sh*g....!!
 there-sownrose
Msg: 8 (view)

UFO's?
Posted: 8/30/2013 3:17:49 AM

1. The 2007 Alderney airline incident, where captain Ray Bowyer and his passengers were buzzed by two (absolutely) massive UFO's for several minutes. (Multiple witness's, a very credible witness in the pilot , plus corroborating evidence from ground radar and other airliner's in the area)

2. The Westall incident, where a UFO landed next to a school (FFS! lol) in 1966 and was seen by hundreds of pupil's and many teacher's, there is a superb docu about this case, you can find it on youtube here: http://youtu.be/oi5pc1nL2rE (multiple witness's, credible witness's in the school teacher's

3. The japan airlines incident, where a japanese airliner was chases by an absolutely enormous UFO for about an hour in 1986. You can find plenty of documentaries that cover this incident on youtube too. (Multiple witness's, credible pilot witness's and radar corroboration)

4. The 1976 tehran incident, where two iranian jets chased a UFO in the skies over Tehran for a considerable time, considered one of the most credible sightings ever documented (Multiple witness's on both ground and in the air, credible pilot witness's, radar corroboration)

Group hysteria, do you have any idea how easy it is to alter someones perception of reality and more importantly their memory? Eye witness accounts in general are unreliable to the extreme, ask any police officer and they'd tell you the same.

....All these cases can be researched at wikipedia and youtube etc.

How disappointing that you believe these are credible resources. Study the physics behind faster than light travel and you may understand day-traders point better. Might also help to research evolution. Remember that the universe is only about 14 billion years old (just under) which isn't a long time or the development of complex lifeforms that also happen to be sentient and capable of space travel. Also consider Stephen Hawkings point, if an alien lifeform were to find us they are unlikely to be friendly and we'd definitely know about it!
 there-sownrose
Msg: 125 (view)

Pet's Names
Posted: 8/30/2013 3:07:37 AM
We had a cat called Puss
 there-sownrose
Msg: 26 (view)

Fathers rights in the UK
Posted: 8/15/2013 9:57:15 AM

Why did I choose to share my story with you? I don't know really...I just want to say to anyone else who may be dealing with these issues to stay strong, keep talking to people and don't fall into the dark abyss that I did. I've lost everything which is quite liberating in regards to material goods but I've a big challenge ahead of me now, even bigger than before.

Had a tear in my eye reading your post. We've only heard your side of the story of course but I think it is a terrible mistake to deny a child access to a parent. I actively take my daughter to see her father (he can't be bothered to come here) because I want her to know that I did everything I could for him to be in her life. I'd be devastated if when she grows up we fall out because she thought I was stopping her knowing her father..

Sadness :(
 there-sownrose
Msg: 15 (view)

Cruel demands
Posted: 8/14/2013 1:48:10 AM

But Rose, surely they were all lunatics if they dated you?

I jest of course. Here's a present for you: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9zj4NhC8ahM

Not lunatics Ben, arrogant d*cks as is my preference.

Thanks for the link, I'll upload it to my fb this very minute,
 there-sownrose

Cruel demands
Posted: 8/13/2013 1:08:08 AM

Almost like something written at the end of a school report, lol. Have you (or anyone else) got any tips on how a man can deduct freakiness on the phone? Would save many guys a LOT of time if you have....

There are usually a few red flags on a profile or in a message that might point towards your pofer being a lunatic. I've never got to the point of chatting to one on the phone let alone met one and I've had a lot of dates. Perhaps its an intuition thing? What I really meant was don't be so bowled over that a woman is talking to you on here that you miss some obvious signs. Keep your wits about you.

OP did the right thing though by ending the telecon when he did with as little drama as possible.
 there-sownrose
Msg: 4 (view)

Cruel demands
Posted: 8/11/2013 6:03:27 AM
I wouldn't worry to much about why this women was such a freak OP. Just thank your lucky stars that you dodged a bullet and be a bit more discerning next time.

Show ALL Forums