Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Does this ever get any easier?
 greybear63
Msg: 32 (view)

Does this ever get any easier?
Posted: 4/2/2013 8:19:53 PM
As far as it getting easier - No- you just learn to cope with it
Probably not what you want to hear but you learn to deal with it
I've been a single dad for 24 years and had my hands full many times, Eventually you realize it was all worth it
and Yes I've dealt with the women who were not interested in dating someone with kids, and it seems like that's all that are out there, and you are better off without someone like that in your life or around your children
sometimes the only person you can count on is yourself but that's ok too
You will find you are stronger than you ever thought you could be
 greybear63
Msg: 260 (view)

Women question a man over 50 and not been married?
Posted: 3/17/2013 10:29:16 AM
Hoopsfan, I have to wonder about your reply here.
you can't automatically assume that the man is at fault because his relationships haven't lasted longer than 1 or 2 years, you have to remember that there was another person involved that had a hand in, if not caused the relationship to end.
and as far as not been involved with someone for an extended period of time it's hard to find a good partner if they are always searching for red flags, if looking for them is what you are doing you will find them every time.
 greybear63
Msg: 397 (view)

Are men over 40 more afraid to approach women?
Posted: 3/14/2013 9:24:50 PM
I'm not so sure that those of us are Afraid to approach women but as aussiesealady
stated a lot of women on here have a Huge Laundry list of Must Haves or put things like "Bring Your A Game" - "Make Me Laugh" and it makes you stop and think that she is just too much work , Frankly they are looking for the Million Dollar man here in the scratch and dent isle.
and truthfully those guys aren't going to be here on an on line dating site
Not that there aren't a lot of perfectly great people here you just can't set your sights too high!
 greybear63
Msg: 13 (view)

Some advice plz
Posted: 2/12/2013 5:49:35 PM
I tend to agree with carolann 0308

You never said how long you have been chatting, but if it's been over a month then it is time for a meet, otherwise all signs point to him being a flake.
No matter how much you think you know about him or the opinions that you have formed, have been spoon fed to you by him!

you sound like you are willing to compromise everything for this person you don't know, it is easy to get caught up in the desire for someone in your life that you will do anything (I made this mistake a time or two in my life and got burned for it) if it is going to happen then it will in its own time, it's hard but take a breath and talk it over with the guy, if he is a good guy he will understand, if not he will try to rush things

Show ALL Forums