Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Should men act their age?
 ds444
Msg: 31 (view)

Should men act their age?
Posted: 6/10/2009 5:36:10 AM
How true!

farceur wrote:
It's exactly age appropriate for old people to declare their ageless youthfulness and unwillingness to be defined as old, at heart. That is acting your age: When you get old, tell everyone you're still young at heart.

Knowing how to play is a free and wonderful gift that hopefully all of us received during childhood. No sense squandering it, eh?

You seem a playful writer and you're very good at it. So by all means carry on!
 ds444
Msg: 40 (view)

The Value of Silence
Posted: 6/7/2009 4:53:49 PM
Gotta love that one, windswept
 ds444
Msg: 55 (view)

What do women over 50 find desirable and undesirable in a man's profile?
Posted: 6/6/2009 4:20:05 PM

I do have to comment, in Mr. Gaddflye`s defense, that I feel he is only a lost sheep following blindly the accepted attitude of older single males in upscale Southern California communities.
{long invective deleted}

Wildflower - perhaps you should thing about moving.
 ds444
Msg: 19 (view)

Do past relationships really mold our future ones???????
Posted: 6/6/2009 11:53:40 AM
I consider it folly to pretend that our past does not affect who we become; we are products of our experience. This necessarily colors your lenses.

Hopefully both people learn something helpful about themselves in each relationship.
 ds444
Msg: 91 (view)

Are older men sometimes intimidated by older sexy women?
Posted: 6/5/2009 11:06:47 AM

Look at the profiles! The majority of women who specify an age range for men they might be willing to hear from, generally go from ten to fifteen years younger, to only a couple of years older. I have looked at many profiles of very attractive women my age (62) only to be stopped short by the "45 - 60" age specs. And to quote one..."I don't want a grandpa!"

HDspringer09, perhaps you would like me find it illuminating to see a table that listed the minimum and maximum age specification averages across all profiles. Segregated by gender and age. For example:

Age = age of person in profile
Min = minimum age for a match
Max = maximum age for a match

Females
Age Min Max
25 22.6 35.3
26 25.1 36.6

Males
Age Min Max
25 19.6 31.3
26 20.1 31.6

No doubt some admin could come up with such a report and we would not have t0 speculate. But what would be the fun in that?
 ds444
Msg: 37 (view)

The Value of Silence
Posted: 6/5/2009 5:49:08 AM
While not directly in line with the concept of being able to share time just being with someone, a valuable application of silence is to just stop talking about yourself.
 ds444
Msg: 18 (view)

Interest not shared?
Posted: 5/24/2009 2:08:28 PM
My experience has been that unless I initiate contact, I get nothing but "winks" and "hi there"s and such crap. Maybe I'm ugly, or my real profile (not posted here, obviously) sucks that badly.

Between the three dating sites that I have been on, I have sent maybe 20-30 emails. All but a couple have elicited responses and probably nearly half of them led off with comments about "thanks for reading my profile" . Evidently, that is unusual. --> Why bother to contact someone without paying attention?!? <--

I am visual like most males and readily confess a bias to respond to those for whom I can imagine an initial attraction. But I *have* responded to a profiles with no pix, and in most cases a profile generally has to tell me something. As a least one person on this thread mentioned, something to work with is definitely better (yeah, that is hypocritical until I put mine back up there... deal with it).
 ds444
Msg: 16 (view)

Made my heart skip a beat
Posted: 5/24/2009 6:04:17 AM
I doubt there are many of us that don't want such love. Hopefully it is out there for us all.
 ds444
Msg: 18 (view)

How do you get over someone you love?and begin to move on?
Posted: 5/24/2009 5:36:07 AM
While I agree with your sentiments about tomorrow not being guaranteed and wanting to share my love now, there is the other person to consider. My guess is that heartbreak is often a two way street - in my current situation it certainly is.

Not taking the time to get over someone just leads you to hurting someone new. I can personally attest to what a horrible strategy it can be.
 ds444
Msg: 17 (view)

How do you get over someone you love?and begin to move on?
Posted: 5/24/2009 5:28:37 AM
Several people have advised taking time. I did not take enough after my wife died (started dating 11 months later). Things did not work out with the first gal through no fault of hers. Since then, I've been through an infatuation and then dated a woman that was so very much of what I hope for. But I've blown that one too.

When my wife died, my father told me to wait three years. But I went more the route advocated by a few here summarized by "pick yourself up and get back out there". It definitely did not work for me.

So I'm heartbroken again. While it may sound absurd to compare the end of a 28 year relationship (24 married) to the end of one lasting 7 months, our emotions work in odd ways. In the "breakup" with my wife there was leukemia to blame. This time there is only me to blame.

At least one suggested completing the grieving process. I have some work to do there, and I would guess you do too. I speak from personal experience that you will do both yourself, and more importantly some totally undeserving other person, a disservice unless you finish grieving the loss of your current relationship first.

Please consider trying to be whole before you get back in the game. But don't ask me for advice on how to do that, as I have not gotten it right.
 ds444
Msg: 38 (view)

How Many Times Have You Said I Love You?
Posted: 10/12/2008 5:06:02 PM
Many, many times. But only when it was true.

Since I have had the good fortune to have years with people in our home to say it to daily it was perhaps a bit easier than for some.
 ds444
Msg: 10 (view)

What if the Statue Of Liberty was on the US/Mexico Border ?
Posted: 12/4/2007 5:17:45 PM
When that inscription was made, there was no massive Federal confiscation of the fruits of the labor of legal citizens for redistribution to natives of foreign countries illegally in the United States.
 ds444
Msg: 151 (view)

Who would be the best American President in 2008
Posted: 12/4/2007 4:42:28 PM
Ron Paul is the only non-statist and therefore is the only candidate that might actually enhance individual freedom in the United States.

And best of all, he supports FairTax.
 ds444
Msg: 14 (view)

Charleston Chew
Posted: 11/6/2007 9:00:40 PM
Timing looks good. I live in the Midlands, so a little more advanced warning would be appreciated.

Show ALL Forums