Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Girl ignored me. Need some advice.
 Kittyxoxoxo
Msg: 26 (view)

Girl ignored me. Need some advice.
Posted: 10/2/2014 2:27:38 PM
What part of 'she's just not that into you' don't you get?
Stop living in denial. She doesn't want to date you. Now swallow that bitter pill, put on your big boy undies, and move on. Or see a psychiatrist.
 Kittyxoxoxo
Msg: 33 (view)

what should i do if a girl says she like guys who are proactive
Posted: 9/19/2014 11:01:50 AM
@rftv1020

The whole constant touching thing works if you're reading her body language right. Even then, it seems a bit much. If i like a guy, i don't mind him touching me a few times through out our date at the beginning stage, but no more. Holding my hand and putting a hand on the small of my back is too much. It's annoying and feels almost controlling. It's like 'why are you always touching me? do you a have a problem keeping your hands to yourself? what's your agenda?'
 Kittyxoxoxo
Msg: 27 (view)

someone who loves you or someone you love?
Posted: 9/18/2014 10:49:44 AM
I don't think anyone would choose the second option.
 Kittyxoxoxo
Msg: 140 (view)

what's up with cuddling?
Posted: 9/18/2014 10:03:29 AM
Some probably think by saying something like 'cuddling'=showing cute affection=girls like affection=appealing to her emotions=easy way to get quick sex.

Of course it's not always about sex. But in this case, the guys you are describing (the wham bam thank you ma'am types) are clearly trying to get quick sex.
 Kittyxoxoxo
Msg: 26 (view)

what should i do if a girl says she like guys who are proactive
Posted: 9/18/2014 9:52:07 AM
I never really understood the whole "bad boy" appeal that some girls like. Not all girls like bad boys, just some (i'm sure you already know that). I can see their appeal, but they are not my preferred choice and never have been. I've always liked the good boys/gentlemen (not the pretend nice guys).
She's not proactive at all, but yet she expects you to be? Sounds like a future headache.
Don't be anything you're not. You'll find someone who likes you for you.
 Kittyxoxoxo
Msg: 96 (view)

Moving too fast stories?
Posted: 9/18/2014 9:42:13 AM
I've had a few guys declare themselves as my boyfriend/deleting my account because i have them now/or talk about being in love/ or getting jealous or protective if past guys, guy friends, or wild lifetyle are mentioned. It's so effing creepy and pathetic. I just give them the "oh please" look. They either laugh about it or get mad that i don't believe them.
They are playing mind games are the crazy controlling abusive types, or just scammers.
They must think because i'm young and pretty, that i have no brains or that i'm just that gullible or desperate to fall for their bs. LOL
 Kittyxoxoxo
Msg: 95 (view)

Moving too fast stories?
Posted: 9/18/2014 7:54:30 AM
Ignore those types of men that do the whole

"let's vacation together/when is you next vacation? let's travel together"
"i'm going to so and so state and staying at a hotel with a bunch of my buddies for the weekend, want to come too?"
"i'm driving over to my parents/my parents are coming over to my afternoon barbeque party, want to come to the bbq?"
"ever thought about marriage?..maybe our marriage?"
"i have twins in my family, do you like twins?" (hinting towards you having twin kids/or just kids with him).

After only meeting you for the first time, or knowing you for like 2 weeks. Those guys play mind games, or are scammers.
 Kittyxoxoxo
Msg: 50 (view)

Beware of negging!!
Posted: 9/18/2014 7:43:48 AM
Yup. I've met up/had dates with some 'negging' guys-men. I don't fall for that crap. Those are the same ones that play the same mind games of chatting you up and acting really interested then ignoring you because they want you to feel "insecure" or whatever game that was (the topic was posted of this forum about a month ago). If they end up ignoring me or downplaying, i just do the same thing right back. They realize that i'm not falling for their games so they start texting me\blowing up my phone, so that they can try to get my attention back. It's really pathetic and sad.
 Kittyxoxoxo
Msg: 74 (view)

Plenty of matches in your area?
Posted: 9/14/2014 5:50:18 PM
I find there are plenty of matches in my area. I'm a city-urban girl from Montreal, and Montreal is a very lively urban city, it's also very old/Parisian style. So my 'ideal matches' fit the city that i live/grew up in.
I think Europe would also fit too, but Montreal is good.
Maybe try moving if your goal in life is to find someone that fits your 'ideal' match and if moving is at no expense to you.
 Kittyxoxoxo
Msg: 30 (view)

To ask for First kiss on first date?
Posted: 9/12/2014 3:59:04 PM
If i look interested in you, then go for it. If i don't (and trust me, you will see the signals), you will be kissing the palm of my hands while i try to push your unwanted lips away from me lol.
 Kittyxoxoxo
Msg: 27 (view)

What is the oddest thing someone has said to you on a first meet/first date?
Posted: 8/31/2014 3:01:13 PM
Sure have met my fair share of weirdos/idiots

- The plan was to get a quick takeout at a restaurant near his place then head back to his place and eat/hang out/watch a movie there. We got takeout at the restaurant (he seemed nice), then while we were walking to his place and we were getting near it, i noticed he had tears running down his face and he started sniffing. It got louder and louder. I got a bit freaked out, but since i was very understanding i asked if he was ok in a concerned manner, and that he could tell me if there was something wrong. He just shook his head and kept on walking and sniffling. At this point i've stopped walking because i'm a bit freaked out and concerned. He noticed that i wasn't walking along with him and he was like "come on, it's ok, my place is just right here". I shook my head, and told him that i wasn't going anywhere until he told me what was going on because he was starting to scare me. All of a sudden he stopped crying and said that nothing was the matter. Then started to look for his phone. When he couldn't find it on him, he started freaking out, patting himself and saying "where is my phone?!". When he couldn't find it, he looked towards me, then started patting me down and saying "where's my phone?!". At this point i'm yelling back "I don't have your phone! Don't touch me!". There was no way i was going anywhere with this guy, i was going to go turn around and go home right that minute, so i slowly started backing away while he checked his pockets again (i thought he was a psycho and didn't want to alarm him). After like 5 seconds finally did find his phone in his pockets and acted like it was nothing. He was like "come on, let's go, everything is good". I looked around at my surroundings (no one was around at the time, but luckily a man was walking towards our direction, so i felt somewhat safe in leaving this guy because if he was to attack me, i could yell for the stranger for help). I told him i wasn't going anywhere with him because he was freaking me out, and i turned around and started walking towards the nearest metro. After 10 seconds of walking, i hear footsteps running towards me and him yelling "wait! i don't get it? come back!". He runs in front of me and asks me what's wrong. I told him why i was leaving and that he knew why i was leaving. I walked past him and just kept on walking, luckily he didn't follow me after that. I felt lucky that night, because who knows what plans he had for me if he had gotten me into his home. Never again. Learned my lesson.

- I had a date with one guy, the plan was to meet at the metro for a certain time, then go out to dinner from there. When i got to the metro, i called him asking if he was there/near by. He called and told me that he was going to be there in 5 mins, because something important came up last minute. 5 mins past, nothing. Then 15 mins. I told myself that if he wasn't here in 5 more mins i was leaving. As soon as those last 5 mins past, i started heading home. I took like 4 steps and my phone started ringing. He said that he was at the metro right now and that he was heading downstairs towards the turnstiles (where i was at). He spotted me, and acted all**** and suave. I asked him why did he take 20 mins when he told me 5? (I was pissed at this point and was planning on ending our date anyways, but i just wanted to hear his lame excuse). He showed me a piece of paper he had in his hand, and told me that he was trying to get a new pharmaprix card to get some extra points (wtf?). I looked at him like "are you effing serious?". Then he had the nerve to tell me that we should hurry up and leave right now because he still wants to go back to pharmaprix and finish filling out the little pamphlet to get is extra points card. As soon as he said that, i turned around and just walked away. 2 mins later he started blowing up my phone and begging me to come back (he called 14 times, but i never picked up). My phone at the time had an issue with blocking people. It would just say "blocked number" to the people i blocked, but they would still be able to call (i got it fixed).

Other dates i've had have gone decent/well. But these 2 stood out as the worst.
 Kittyxoxoxo
Msg: 91 (view)

Do women get bothered when you approach them in public?
Posted: 8/2/2014 2:17:00 PM
I don't mind men approaching me in public. It's how they approach that is the problem. It has to be respectful. I can't stand being approached in a public place (not a bar/club), and they practically start undressing you with their eyes or say something about your body. It's even worst when you're with family. It happened once when i was with my dad a few years back, and this idiot was trying to ask for my number and flirt, my dad just ended up giving the guy death glares while i just stood there awkwardly and said no. Really uncomfortable situation lol
 Kittyxoxoxo
Msg: 9 (view)

Your opinion is needed!
Posted: 7/24/2014 11:04:42 PM
I said some.
And it so is true..
 Kittyxoxoxo
Msg: 5 (view)

Your opinion is needed!
Posted: 7/24/2014 12:21:55 PM
One of the major reasons could be your height. Some girls don't like dating men that aren't considered tall. It sucks that it's how some women are.
 Kittyxoxoxo
Msg: 6 (view)

Multiple views after message, no reply
Posted: 7/24/2014 12:17:12 PM
I've done this a few times. Those times were because i was hesitant (everything looks good, but one or a few things on the profile that i wasn't sure i was ok with).
 Kittyxoxoxo
Msg: 55 (view)

Musical taste being a dealbreaker?
Posted: 7/24/2014 12:08:41 PM

One thing i can't stand is when people say they to listen to "everything" and like all types of music. i dont have many peeves but this one i cannot stand for the life of me. 9.99 times out of ten their personality is revealed through that statement, like somehow they're better than you because they listen to led zeppelin or the shins or freaking dubstep.

Sounds like projection on your part, buddy. Might want to see a psychologist for that..
 Kittyxoxoxo
Msg: 54 (view)

Posted: 7/24/2014 12:00:06 PM

You can tell a person's personality and their intelligence level based on the music selection.

And this has got to be one of the dumbest posts i've ever read. Maybe that says something about your intelligence?
 Kittyxoxoxo
Msg: 53 (view)

Posted: 7/24/2014 11:54:59 AM

the old beer drinkin, my woman done left, my truck wont start, my job done gone kinda stuff

LMAO. Reminds me of the time i stayed over at my dad's friend's place. The only thing he played out loud from the stereo were those kind of songs (he had a bunch of CDs of it). It drove me nuts after several songs. He played it morning to night, non-stop. I was ready to commit myself into an insane asylum.

The last gal I saw IRL raised a red flag when she had Tupac "Dear Mother" on her laptop. I like a few of his songs but HATE that one. The red flag was her reason for liking the song. Tupac (or the character he portrays in that song) is a doormat, a total mama's boy, forgiving her for being a drug addict and a bad parent. Liking that song suggests she wants to be abusive and for the victim to be a doormat.

To the poster that wrote the quote above: Wow, you completed missed the whole message of the song. Sad for you.

Good thing music is not one of my deal breakers, no matter how sh*tty my partner's taste is. That's just ridiculous.
 Kittyxoxoxo
Msg: 97 (view)

You have to ignore a girl to get her attention?
Posted: 7/23/2014 11:28:39 AM

it's stupid games people play.

nobody can ever just be honest with each other and be true. instead they have to play mind games and be ridiculous.

Co-sign.
 Kittyxoxoxo
Msg: 38 (view)

would you date a military man?
Posted: 7/23/2014 11:24:48 AM
@hemingway114

Yup. That's also another reason why i don't date military men. I never really thought about the narcissist part, but i'm not into drill sargents, being given orders, and living in some sort of strict/perfection household. As a very liberal and hippie-ish type, that's just asking for trouble. I couldn't date a person who is in a high risk position like firemen/cops/etc..),

PTSD isn't something i'm into either (i know not all military men have PTSD)

Also i'm sure a lot of people know about the seamen cheating from back in the days and sometimes bringing home a disease and some wanting a divorce, because they traveled to other countries and places, and got with foreign hookers from Asia or some place. Yes the army isn't the navy, but they sure do have a lot in common, and going to other countries is one of them.
I heard something about the military doing things like that to reconnect the soldiers with their wives, but never really looked into it that much.
 Kittyxoxoxo
Msg: 35 (view)

Posted: 7/22/2014 8:11:03 PM
Exactly. I dunno how those military wives/girlfriends do it, but you'd have to be the type that doesn't mind any sort of affection or contact from your partner for long periods. I'd need to be in contact and be affectionate with my partner almost everyday unless one of us travels.
 Kittyxoxoxo
Msg: 12 (view)

nice guy or douche?
Posted: 7/22/2014 8:01:27 PM
Your boyfriend is a douchebag. His best friend is a douchebag. Douchebags of a feather, flock together.
 Kittyxoxoxo
Msg: 5 (view)

Nippled Out
Posted: 7/21/2014 11:05:27 PM
No it doesn't really bother me, it's normal and common. Sometimes I notice them and get a bit sheepish, but it doesn't bother me at all and I don't do anything about it. I've had people mention that my nipple was hard and giggle about it, but I just end up shrugging my shoulders and laughing about it.
 Kittyxoxoxo
Msg: 12 (view)

confusing situation for two gay guys dating
Posted: 7/21/2014 12:45:54 PM
Sounds like he's the type that likes living in the moment and going through the motions until he gets that "aha!" moment of if he wants to be with you or not. Can be very frustrating for someone like you who likes to plan/label things right away and knows what they want and tries to get it. I'm pretty sure he is enjoying the sex that you're having, and wants to take his sweet time just living in the moment. He doesn't want to let you go because he is having a good time with you, but at the same time it's seen as somewhat selfish of him to have his cake and eat it too (getting laid, and taking his time with you by living in the moment), while you are kind of getting the short end of the stick because things aren't exactly going your way.
It's up to you if you want to do things his way and live in the moment, seeing where things go (could be ending up in a relationship, or could be one of those casual type relationships where there is no commitment, you're just dating & living in the moment and taking things slow one day at a time).
Or you could just end things with him, and try to find someone more on your level of dating.

Hope all goes well for you :)
 Kittyxoxoxo
Msg: 4 (view)

normal to be nervous?
Posted: 7/20/2014 4:36:46 PM
Of course it's normal to be nervous. You are human.
 Kittyxoxoxo
Msg: 48 (view)

Keep or Throw Away Photos after Breaking Up???
Posted: 7/20/2014 4:27:43 PM
Depends on your relationship with this person, your history, how it ended, and why it ended.

One of my ex's (serious relationship) was a pathological liar, a coward, and extremely heartless towards the ending of our relationship. Not a nice guy at all. The smart thing was to complete block this person from my life (getting rid of pictures, gifts, objects, reminders, blocking on FB/social sites ASAP. Don't delay these things, do it right away. Unless you will just delay the start of the healing process, and i realized that.) and just trying to move on. Worked very well for me :)
 Kittyxoxoxo
Msg: 25 (view)

Got suckered by a Catfish last night.
Posted: 7/20/2014 4:14:47 PM
You were a victim of your own loneliness. Even if she would have gave you every sign in the book that she was a catfish and you saw it, you would have continued chatting with her because you were that lonely and you needed to scratch that itch off. It's that horrible itch we all get sometimes, it's just learning how to resist, no matter how deep it is. Ever get that urge to do something seriously reckless? you know you shouldn't do it, and all the signs point to it being a really horrible idea and the consequences, but you still do it anyways because that itch/urge just won't go away until you satisfy it? Then when you finally do, regret/shame/guilt/anger starts to settle in afterwards. It sounds like your situation. You have some personal issues you need to deal with (loneliness), and why you can't seem to resist it, to the point it makes you do/act in extreme ways.

Good luck.
 Kittyxoxoxo
Msg: 7 (view)

Old friends looking to contact again,
Posted: 7/20/2014 3:24:19 PM
and also good luck.
 Kittyxoxoxo
Msg: 6 (view)

Old friends looking to contact again,
Posted: 7/20/2014 3:22:30 PM
If you plan on being in an actual bf/gf relationship with her, than you're putting her on this pedestal, when you never even had a romantic relationship with her. It's easy to have an "amazing time and memories" with someone you were only banging, and never had any real commitment to. You're in love with the idea of her, and what she gave you as a fwb and projecting it onto a serious relationship. Drop all wishful thoughts and ideals of someone you only had fwb with, because you will be sorely disappointed if she doesn't measure up to your memories/fantasy.

If you just plan on banging her, than ignore the above.
 Kittyxoxoxo
Msg: 20 (view)

he texted me he doesn't know what he wants his ex contacted him
Posted: 7/20/2014 2:46:40 PM
At least he didn't tell you how "conflicted" he was about the returned evil ex, but didn't mind continuing a sex life with you..
Yea, one guy i was dating (never had sex with him) said that to me once. He may have been telling the truth about the returned evil ex, but i knew his pathetic a*s was lying about the "feeling conflicted/head messed with" part, and wanting to keep seeing me for sex only at this stage until he got his head cleared. He was using any kind of lie and excuse to get sex from me at this point. I called him out on it and he looked mighty sheepish. Left him after that. LOL
 Kittyxoxoxo
Msg: 189 (view)

Calling you Sweetheart or hun or sweetie
Posted: 7/20/2014 2:19:22 PM
I don't like it when strangers (men that i'm not dating) call me that. It's usually said in a condescending way (it's pretty obvious too).
 Kittyxoxoxo
Msg: 89 (view)

Oral sex during period?
Posted: 7/20/2014 1:54:05 PM
Yes. I've actually had a few guys beg to give me oral when it was the time of the month. I kept rejecting it because i thought the idea of it was gross because of all that blood and bacteria (but somewhat appealing, because they were willing to go that far). I did let one guy do it, but only towards the end of my period (when i was lightly discharging), and he liked it. Another guy i was seeing randomly stuck his finger down my pants when i was menstruating (we were cuddling on the couch), then stuck the finger in his mouth to taste it, then said he didn't mind the taste of my period. I just stared at him, then busted out laughing because of how bizarre the situation was.
 Kittyxoxoxo
Msg: 92 (view)

You have to ignore a girl to get her attention?
Posted: 7/20/2014 1:25:15 PM
Just don't do it. It would be a big fail on the man's part because i'd just ignore him right back. I've had this happen to me a few times. They thought they were being suave and smart, but when they realized i wasn't falling for their playground/mind games, they immediately tried to get my attention back. It was pathetic.
 Kittyxoxoxo
Msg: 33 (view)

Posted: 7/20/2014 1:12:34 PM
Never.
I might as well be single if i'm going to be in a relationship with a military man.
 Kittyxoxoxo
Msg: 16 (view)

what the heck?
Posted: 7/20/2014 1:10:49 PM

who does that?

A loser who is desperate for sex, that's who.
 Kittyxoxoxo
Msg: 11 (view)

I think I figured it out!!!
Posted: 7/20/2014 1:01:41 PM
I never liked the idea of a wingman in reality. Online sounds even worst.

Show ALL Forums