Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: balsamic
 Lario
Msg: 2 (view)

balsamic
Posted: 12/29/2011 6:06:04 AM
Drizzle a little over vanilla ice cream. Don't over do it.

That and extra virgin olive oil are all that's needed for salad dressing.
 Lario
Msg: 87 (view)

Odd dating requests...
Posted: 9/30/2008 6:10:59 PM
Well I don't know if it's weird or not, but after reading this, I just threw out all my old, stretched out "holy" underwear !
 Lario
Msg: 6 (view)

I'm not exactly sure what to do on a date
Posted: 9/12/2008 10:45:21 AM
What's her favorite hobby? Why?? What's your favorite hobby? Talk about stuff like that.

Take her to a museum / botanical gardens or something. Then you can talk about what you like or don't like.

Go to some place with people, use crazy glue and glue a quarter to the floor. Then sit on the sidelines have a beer and watch people try to pick it up. etc...

Avoid religion and politics completely.

Once you get to talking with her about one thing, the next thing will be easier.
 Lario
Msg: 55 (view)

first date- he farts in the restaurant!!
Posted: 9/10/2008 11:19:46 PM
I can understand why you would be upset. He didn't even offer you the opportunity to let you pull his finger first . What a cad!
 Lario
Msg: 28 (view)

Sexual Harrassment Harrassment
Posted: 9/9/2008 1:31:48 PM
Reply to post 16 / firegurl61-17

I have had someone ask me what is written on my shirt...I am big busted..why is he asking about my shirt if he wasn't looking at my chest?

Well what WAS writtin on your shirt. Don't we wear shirts with quotations, illustrations etc so that people WILL look at them.

I once had a woman tell me to "quit looking at her tits". They were falling out of her top / no bra and nipples on high alert. How the hell could I NOT look.
 Lario
Msg: 76 (view)

Sorry Hun, I'm Pregnant...
Posted: 8/27/2008 2:25:51 PM
Just bide your time Jonny Mac. You buddy and the chick will split up and you'll have a buddy again and you'll be able to listen to all the drama.
 Lario
Msg: 39 (view)

What does my children come first mean to you?
Posted: 8/27/2008 9:20:28 AM
to fishbill
show how much you understand his disappointment because the date was cancelled, a good blow job really helps.
ROFLMAO!
 Lario
Msg: 3 (view)

Repeatedly breaking dates.....
Posted: 8/17/2008 11:08:42 PM
ShinyToyGuns, I think she was upset because he repeatedly broke dates... To break a date just to drive a child to a party seems a poor excuse to me. It would be acceptable to drop the child at the party while on the date, after all both parties have children.

I'm sure we'll all agree that one has children, they should come before dating but most likely the fella just wasn't into you Cindy.
 Lario
Msg: 18 (view)

Fox news did it again... (Ted Stevens)
Posted: 8/16/2008 11:59:55 PM
Charlesedm said,
Well guess what fox news did? They displayed his party membership as a democrat

Charles,

I just checked out Fox News website at the politics section I did a search for Ted Stevens which turned up 10 stories NONE of which said Stevens was a Democrat. One of the stories did not mention party affiliation. The other 9 said he was republican.

Looks like it's someone other than Fox that is pulling our leg.
 Lario

another one bites the dust.......
Posted: 8/12/2008 3:03:04 PM
Oh yea... now that's attractive!
 Lario

Hooked up with friend....now what?
Posted: 8/5/2008 8:56:09 AM
You did absolutely nothing wrong. No one was in a relationship. Don't believe the people on here who are trying to facilitate your guilt trip. Go ahead and be friends with both parties.
 Lario
Msg: 5 (view)

I'm told I look XX years younger than my age ...
Posted: 8/5/2008 7:53:26 AM
Seems that most every time a woman tells me that.. I think... oh no you don't either.

I'm a terrible judge of age so when a woman asks me how old I think she is, I will deduct 5 years from what I actually believe... Once I answered a woman and I was still 5 years too high...
 Lario
Msg: 164 (view)

ETHNIC ATTRACTION...
Posted: 7/30/2008 3:05:55 PM
It's natural for birds of a feather to flock together... Why should it be different for humans...
 Lario
Msg: 323 (view)

I was told I am a bad mother because I smoke marijuana.
Posted: 7/24/2008 8:08:24 AM
The only problem I see with you partaking as a single mother is that Marijuana is currently illegal. I don't know what state you live in, but if you were arrested for possesion, what would happen to your daughter? Would she be taken in by child services? Is that something you would be willing to risk for weed????

You have a child depending upon you! I'd say your actions are somewhat irresponsible.
 Lario
Msg: 32 (view)

Should Obama Embrace His Muslim Heritage?
Posted: 7/4/2008 12:10:53 PM
IF he is elected... look for him to do just that.
 Lario
Msg: 96 (view)

SHOULD I INFORM HE'S WIFE SHE'S BEING CHEATED ON?
Posted: 7/4/2008 12:07:49 PM
Absolutely NOT! The men shouldn't have told you to begin with. Stay out of it.
 Lario

Did I up date my profile and go visible to soon?
Posted: 6/24/2008 5:53:12 AM
How did he know you had updated your profile and became "Visible" again if he wasn't looking around... Wipe the slate clean of him and move on...
 Lario
Msg: 10 (view)

I'm so confused! please someone explain this to me!
Posted: 6/22/2008 6:10:52 AM

So we agree to meet up tonight, he was going to come over to my place to chill out, sounds great....

Never let a first meeting be at your place.... NEVER.... despite all the phone, yahoo chat, texting etc, you don't REALLY know anything about him.

Pick a public place for lunch or coffee..
 Lario
Msg: 32 (view)

If someone offered you money to marry them to get their citzenship..would you???
Posted: 6/14/2008 6:24:55 PM
How much money???
 Lario
Msg: 3 (view)

Obama leave the church.
Posted: 5/31/2008 6:43:15 PM
I don't think his leaving the church makes one bit of difference. He's been going there for years and if you listen to the sermons of those pastors mentioned in your post and watch th reactions of the parishoners... I wouldn't want anyone I saw in any of the videos I've seen as my president. We've all heard that "Birds of a feather flock together"... well Obama was for years one of that flock !!! A president who would unite America?? What a lie!!!!
 Lario
Msg: 23 (view)

Monkey Shirt Racist?
Posted: 5/14/2008 8:28:57 PM

Miniwheatswheatswheats on 5/14/2008 657 PM
Subject: Monkey Shirt Racist?
Message: THANK YOU get_mad_baby....I give up on this thread, its almost as if they just skipped over my posts where I QUOTE exactly from the article why its Racist.
Here, I'll even quote myself:
What's not to get? Ummmm....since when have Caucasians been historically depicted in a derogatory manner as monkeys??! Your arguments are invalid.
Stop mentioning the George Bush cartoon, that argument is invalid.

Yes... Only Miniwheatswheats opinion counts 'round here...
 Lario

barbara walters admits to having had an affair with a married congressman
Posted: 5/2/2008 8:08:56 PM
How could she have self respect??? How could he?? She's a haint ! If his buddies find out he'll never hear the end of it!
 Lario
Msg: 26 (view)

The gum trick
Posted: 4/5/2008 2:56:58 PM
Good lord folks... y'all reckon she may just be acting polite. I mean, if you don't bring gum for everyone, don't break it out.
 Lario
Msg: 54 (view)

What can i do with Bacon fat?
Posted: 2/17/2008 5:13:24 AM
Tips for Northerners Moving South
1) Save all manner of bacon grease; you will be instructed in its use later.

Obviously you are a recent migrant from the north who has settled in Dixie and are awaiting your instructions. You will be contacted in the near future by my brother's sisters cousin' soon as he finishes brazing new copper coil on the kettle.
 Lario
Msg: 19 (view)

Cutting boards
Posted: 2/12/2008 6:07:29 PM
I like wood, I like the look and idea of bamboo. But my mother should get in on this. She has 2 cutting boards, both wooden, one for rolling our flour / pie crust etc and the other made for her by her father over 50 years ago (both are older than I am) ! Still uses 'em both and though the one used for meat etc. has some small cracks, it's still good.

I read something about some study where they said that the wood was actually better about inhibiting bacteria growth (after another study said it was worse)??? I don't know 'bout that, but I do know we never got food poisoning from any of my mothers cooking while growing up.
 Lario
Msg: 64 (view)

Black-only schools
Posted: 2/5/2008 3:10:29 AM
This is an absolutely ridiculous idea. and speaks to the victimization syndrome... These kids are victims because the school system is not serving their needs ?!?!?!.. Horsecrap.

Schools should teach the 3 r's first... Reading, 'riting and 'rithmetic . These area essential. If the kids are not learning the basics, they'll never become tomorrows scientists, teachers, doctors, engineers. Get the 3 r's down and them move to the arts, music, etc.
 Lario
Msg: 159 (view)

Men who ride Harleys
Posted: 1/26/2008 6:24:57 PM
This entire thread sucks....
 Lario
Msg: 33 (view)

After the break-up: What to do with all the gifts from your ex?
Posted: 1/26/2008 3:44:39 AM
If the socks are orange.... send 'em to me... I just loooove orange socks.

Keep the stuff... but take the photo's down and box 'em up until y'all get back together. In a few years come home drunk, pull 'em out, realize you still love her and call her at 2 am.
 Lario

Should you Wear Orange on the First Date? Thumbs up or down
Posted: 1/21/2008 7:09:10 PM
well if you feel that way, just forget about askin' me for a date.. I wear orange socks every day! And they are too cool for school....
 Lario
Msg: 53 (view)

Drinks on a first date?
Posted: 1/18/2008 5:09:50 PM
I see no problems with having a drink on a first date, but I usually will feel out (not to be confused with feel up) my date and see if she's in the mood for one. If she doesn't seem to be, I'll pass also.
 Lario

The world of dating while living with a male/female roommate.
Posted: 1/18/2008 4:35:23 PM
Wasn't there a Seinfeld episode that covered this subject?
 Lario
Msg: 17 (view)

Another chance, or is it really time to hit the road?
Posted: 1/17/2008 4:41:54 PM
Marry Him. Get him to admit to fatherhood and accepting responsibilty for his actions. Talk to his ex girlfriend and tell her he's gotten you pregnant. She'll think less of him. Tell him you're going to do that.. matter of fact, have him arrange a meeting with the 3 of you and let hi tell her while you're there.

I'm not saying give him another chance.. I'm saying give your child a chance for a happy family life and the both of you can still do that for your child.
 Lario
Msg: 360 (view)

Men posing with cars
Posted: 1/16/2008 5:24:09 PM
What a funny thread.. and old too... I didn't know men posed with their cars for photos... I thought only women did it.... ('course I don't go lookin' at men's profiles)... What's really funny is the number of women who make it a point to show cleavage in not just one but multiple photo's.... Keep it up girls... Lario likey
 Lario
Msg: 11 (view)

Push presents??? How effed up is this?
Posted: 1/11/2008 6:25:27 PM
I think a child is about the best reward anyone could hope for.
 Lario
Msg: 29 (view)

Who is Racist?
Posted: 1/11/2008 4:33:11 PM

Can you say double standard?

DOUBLE STANDARD! I have NEVER heard anyone say "spadework" in reference to anything . ... ain't that kinda like sayin' "Jesse Jackson is an old spearchucker" I think someone said that once and caught hell for it.
 Lario

First meeting behavior
Posted: 1/11/2008 4:29:39 PM
Throw him back... He just wants to get laid... or give him what he wants and he'll leave you alone after that.....
 Lario
Msg: 29 (view)

Broken up via Email: How cowardly!
Posted: 1/7/2008 6:33:57 PM
Dude, at least she let you know she wanted out and gave an explanation. Sure it was easier on her to do it that way, but remember, as Simon and Garfunkel said, "There must be 50 ways to leave your lover".

Move on and don't whine about it.
 Lario

Going off half cocked...
Posted: 1/3/2008 7:39:07 AM
Kurt Vonnegut wrote a book called "Deadeye****. It's been many years since I read it but the jist of the story begins with a man's son went into his fathers locked gun safe/room, (I think it was locked) picked up a high powered rifle and randomly shot it out an upstairs window. The bullet traveled across town and hit a pregnant woman while she vacuumed the floor. From then on out he was known as "Deadeye**** , a double murderer.

It's a great book.

I've known for years of people shooting firearms on New Years... We used to shoot a 22 first as an adios to the previous year and a shotgun next (louder) to ring in the new. As an insurance adjuster periodically find bullets imbedded in roofs. Makes for a nice photo to show the insured. Most are only partially imbedded and can be removed with fingers (the bullet having lost velocity on the downward fall)
 Lario
Msg: 12 (view)

Baby...give me the recipe before you go, pleeease!
Posted: 1/2/2008 3:24:34 PM
Oh yes... I'm not a big fan of potato salad but my ex wife made a "Taragon Potato Salad" that had to set up for a day or overnight or something... Holy smokes that was good. Then I had a girlfriend who made a killer onion cassarole... the ex girlfriend I did call a couple of years back and she was happy to give me the recipie. The ex wife...... yikes !!!
 Lario

First contact... no response. Should I give it another shot?
Posted: 12/28/2007 9:58:09 AM
I went thru a similar experience and I wrote again. I did get a reply but it wasn't pleasant at all so it didn't turn out so well for me, but.. Take the chance and write again. What have ya got to loose.
 Lario
Msg: 43 (view)

Fact checking
Posted: 12/28/2007 8:14:40 AM
Just you wait... the guy will be asking for money for a plane ticket back to America. This is typical of the scams guy's receive from "women" all the time. They'll claim to be living in the U.S. and will have to return to the home country, usually because of their mother's health.

There are websites full of stories where people were scammed. Do a little searching for those sites and you're liable to find this fella's name on there. I get unsolicited emails from such people all the time on my y*hoo email account.

What ever you do, don't send him money.
 Lario
Msg: 76 (view)

is everyone over 30 taking antidepressants?
Posted: 12/26/2007 6:05:44 PM
I'm way over 30 and the only anti-depressants I've ever been on were Hawaiian Shirts. I'll notice that when I'm depressed, I start wearing gray. Then I'll go buy some bright colored Hawaiian shirts and it'll turn things right around. Now-a-days I wear orange socks every day and it keeps me from getting depressed.
 Lario
Msg: 23 (view)

CHEATING as a self defense, protection tool....
Posted: 12/26/2007 2:44:04 PM
What a selfish way to look at a relationship. Sure plenty of people have left a spouse or significant other for another person only to find the grass is not greener on the other side. Tough! There is no justification for cheating.
 Lario

A lack of respect
Posted: 12/25/2007 8:13:23 PM
Gee you've raised an interesting question. I believe that this site does not allow naming names etc. When I read such posts, I try to keep in mind that I'm only getting one side of the story and that with 2 people involved, there are probably 3 sides to the story; his, hers and the truth.
 Lario
Msg: 69 (view)

Is it ever ok to date a friends ex?
Posted: 12/25/2007 12:25:34 PM
It should be quite ok so long as everyone's over the relationship. I once went out with a girl who several YEARS earlier, a buddy had been seeing (the same time he was seeing other women). I told the buddy about it when I next saw him (he was engaged at this point). It pissed him off and said, that girl had just ruined her chances of ever being with him again. I said ***hole, you're engaged. Seems he likes to keep his options open at all times.
 Lario
Msg: 86 (view)

Clean shaven = trustworthy?
Posted: 12/24/2007 7:10:49 AM
Any one reckon that Gillette, on whom behalf the survey was made, wanted to sell a few razors here?

Let's say the survey was right. Would the degree of facial hair correspond to the degree of "un-trustworthyness". I've got a soul patch so would that mean I'm mostly trustworthy?
 Lario
Msg: 9 (view)

This is my two cents
Posted: 12/23/2007 8:17:27 AM
Joe Kule said,
If there REALLY was a "leader" in the pack, he or she would be running as an Independent candidate and NOT as a Republican or a Democrat. This country needs a viable 3rd party...period!

Now I agree with that absolutely.
 Lario
Msg: 4 (view)

Mike Huckabee quote - what do you think?
Posted: 12/23/2007 12:35:52 AM
When I saw the subject of this thread I wondered if was going to be a "Let's all slam God and Religion" thread. Sure looks like that's what it is too.

I haven't read the books or speeches those quotes come from. Taken alone, quotes often imply a meaning other than that which was intended. That being said, I can see where Mr. Huckabee is coming from with the "Integrity left to define itself becomes evil" idea. People will and do choose their own standards as to what is right and wrong. Our society shows that to be true over and over again. What was formerly unnatural or immoral behavior is perceived as "natural for me".

My mind is certainly not made up as to who will get my vote for president, but it most likely will not be a democrat or republican. I too do not wish for the government try and legislate faith (or the lack of it). However, I will not avoid or fear any candidate just because they publicly profess their faith (excepting those who develop faith just in time elections). I wonder if any of those who have already responded to this thread will.
 Lario
Msg: 13 (view)

Just Venting....Think She's Cheating.....
Posted: 12/22/2007 10:48:00 AM
As long as she works with someone she used to date, you're gonna have an issue with their outside the office contacts. Just because you're a bit paranoid doesn't mean they're not boinking. I'm wondering why she had to go over to see him to exchange gifts. Were the gifts not appropriate for the office? Sounds fishy to me...
 Lario

Sometimes weird is not wonderful, what do you think?
Posted: 12/20/2007 1:01:47 PM
ROFLMAO !!! Sorry but I had to laugh... In this case, I don't believe that weird is wonderful. Report him to the POF police. He shouldn't be on here.

Show ALL Forums