Msg: 12 (view)

Thrifty or Tacky?
Posted: 1/2/2014 4:36:13 AM
OP.....so when's the second date??
 ManofAdventure28

Embarrassed people may know me
Posted: 1/1/2014 8:20:55 AM
Kj521....I thought that WAS the reason he hadn't put up a photo.....although I haven't entirely ruled out the possibility that he's a smurf....
 ManofAdventure28
Msg: 2 (view)

the mall, bowling, mini golf or drinks?
Posted: 1/1/2014 7:15:32 AM
Really the date itself doesn't matter so much..... The key thing is to make the date fun. So if you're the sort of person who struggles to make conversation with a complete stranger then take her somewhere where there is lots of inbuilt conversation....like a fair. But before you go there....I would always suggest a drink or two to break the ice and see whether you get on....then after 10 mins you can go to the mini golf course/fair/petting zoo (which should be just around the corner or on the same site).
 ManofAdventure28

Just looking for a profile review
Posted: 1/1/2014 7:10:47 AM
OK.......

Your new years resolution should be to replace all your pictures....the close ups are either blurry/light deficient. This is easily resolved. You should have a few pics which show your face clearly and a few full length. They should show you in a variety of situations....and no, the karma sutra sort.

Your profile has too many "I think"/"I might" lines. Women like decisiveness. You don't think you are easy going....you know it. In fact...your name on your birth certificate is "John "easy going kick-ass" Smith. If you say you are funny....you really need to show it. Better still...don't say you are funny, be funny. I've never watched a stand up comedian proceed to tell the audience that he's very funny and they will laugh at his jokes.

The line about women laughing at you makes you sound like you lack confidence....it's the same as "I think/I might".

All in all, there wasn't a lot of substance. Be aware that a lot of women don't play sports....but if you want a sporty/athletic woman then sell this better. Women can be quite competitive too. Challenge her to a game of tennis/tiddlywinks.

Inject some fun, passion and humour into your profile. It shouldn't read like an essay. It should reflect your personality.
 ManofAdventure28
Msg: 8 (view)

how does a man appear confident?
Posted: 1/1/2014 6:56:11 AM
Being smart has nothing to do with being confident.....a lot of smart people suck when it comes to being confident because they lack people skills. I'm not saying that's the case with you....it just underlines my point.

My take on confidence is:

1. Being comfortable in any situation....because you've seen them all...hell, you might even have invented a few of them.

2. Not trying too hard....confident people don't try to show that they are confident. If a woman ever said to a confident guy that she didn't think he was confident, he'd laugh it off because a truly confident person isn't worried about that. He'd probably make a funny comment like "well....I always get nervous around pretty women" and then wink at her. Or he'd say "is this better?" and fold his arms, slouch and avoid eye contact. Women are very good at picking up on confidence in a guy...occasionally they'll even test to see if a guy is really confident by questioning his "confidence"-perhaps this is what the interviewer was doing? A confident person wouldn't have objected to learning a new piece of machinery....even if they though it was pointless. An arrogant person would point out to their interviewer than the machinery was trivial and therefore there was no point in learning it.
3. A confident person would never make a post asking "how does a man appear confident?" or worry that women don't perceive him as confident.

But as probably the smartest guy in the room....you already knew all that ;)
 ManofAdventure28
Msg: 10 (view)

Embarrassed people may know me
Posted: 1/1/2014 6:42:05 AM
You put the "in", in "insecure".....nowadays everyone is on a dating site.....plus, if the town is as small as you make out....people will already know that you're single....at least by having a profile, you're doing something about it.
 ManofAdventure28
Msg: 34 (view)

Never Had Many Complaints
Posted: 1/1/2014 6:39:49 AM

Here's for bringing back 'good ole' fashioned pillow talk'!

One wonders if 'kids these days' even know of the concept!

Actually we've replaced pillow talk with texting and social media ;)
 ManofAdventure28
Msg: 50 (view)

Please help....I am so worried!
Posted: 1/1/2014 6:34:30 AM
Marrying him won't solve your problems as your combined financial situations/lack of jobs etc mean that he won't meet the financial requirements to be granted indefinite leave to remain as a Spouse. His solicitor in Ghana should already have told him this....but is probably only interested in his money.
 ManofAdventure28
Msg: 25 (view)

If you could ask your Ex one Question...
Posted: 12/28/2013 3:02:24 PM
"Which of your friends and sisters fancied me?"
 ManofAdventure28
Msg: 6 (view)

Flirting or Friendly
Posted: 12/28/2013 5:00:44 AM
OP....You say winking....I say, I had something in my eye....

Sometimes winking is just another way of saying hi to a friend when you see them but they're across the room and you're busy/in a conversation etc.....now if he suggests some mutual winking in the shower..together....
 ManofAdventure28
Msg: 15 (view)

Am I just like other guys she maybe met here?
Posted: 12/28/2013 4:48:46 AM
You want to open her up? In a post-mortem sort of way or in a colourful stockings sort of way??

I think the real issue is that you live 60 miles apart.....that's a hell of a long way to travel to meet someone you don't know.....have you "opened-up" all the girls in your town?
 ManofAdventure28
Msg: 17 (view)

Never Had Many Complaints
Posted: 12/28/2013 4:45:50 AM
I also have women fill in a feedback questionnaire after the event.....obviously I have to wait until they re-gain the feeling in their hands ;) (not because I've tied them up or because of the side effects of chloroform etc)
 ManofAdventure28
Msg: 4 (view)

If you could ask your Ex one Question...
Posted: 12/28/2013 4:43:35 AM
My question is simple: How does it feel knowing that you'll never find a guy as awesome as me again? ;)
 ManofAdventure28

Advice needed
Posted: 12/28/2013 4:40:56 AM
DO NOT SEND THE EMAIL. Unfortunately life is not like a disney/hollywood rom-com....she will not run into your arms and confess her true love for you, apologising for being such a fool.

She doesn't want a relationship. You can't say or do anything to make someone change their mind. You have 2 options:

1. You both agree to take a step back and keep seeing each other, take things slowly etc (which will be nigh on impossible since you've confessed your feelings for her etc)

2. You move on and trust that out of the 7 billion other people in the world....at least one of them will surpass her. Risky I know :p

Yea...I know I said there were two options...really there's only option 2. My advice....next time you realise you want to make it official with a girl...resist the urge to have the talk. A relationship is something that should naturally happen over time. Both parties will know they are in a relationship based on the amount they see each other....how long they've been seeing each other etc
 ManofAdventure28

How can a woman make a man fall in love with her?
Posted: 12/26/2013 3:44:48 AM
I was watching Harry Potter the other day (The Half Blood Prince) and they just used love potions....perhaps you could give that a shot?
 ManofAdventure28
Msg: 33 (view)

driving and dating can It really be hard?
Posted: 12/24/2013 7:58:31 AM
Driving and dating can it really be hard?? Yes.....because both require your full attention to gain optimum results so it's not advisable to try and multi-task.

As for walking over the oceans to see your date....wouldn't it just be easier to charter a boat? Or book a plane ticket? No one likes a show off and it will save on having to carry your luggage.
 ManofAdventure28

opinion about a situation
Posted: 12/24/2013 7:43:10 AM
You did well, you went on three dates, you enjoyed her company and she was obviously interested-women don't go to the effort of going on dates unless they like the guy. Next time, try to mix up the dates a bit. If you're not the most eloquent of talkers....why arrange dates where you have to sit and talk?? It's like shooting yourself in the foot and then signing up for a marathon.
Try doing more active things, going to places where there's lots of things going on so there's inbuilt conversation.

P.s I thought for a minute you were going to say how you were now performing a post-mortem on your date.....that would be a bad end to things Dexter ;)
 ManofAdventure28
Msg: 11 (view)

A 10/10 with a language barrier, very strange date, stranger day after
Posted: 12/24/2013 7:36:56 AM
That's the French for you.....complicated ;)
 ManofAdventure28

How old do I look?
Posted: 12/22/2013 8:27:38 AM
You look about 16......years old.....the fact that 3 of your 4 pics are shots of your tattoos tells me that you're aware of this fact and trying to over-compensate.

I would suggest a fake beard/moustache....some glasses and of course....a tweed jacket
 ManofAdventure28
Msg: 139 (view)

What is the worst way you were ever dumped?
Posted: 12/22/2013 6:42:37 AM
My first relationship.....I'd been dating the girl for 6 months. We'd seen each other during the summer holidays and spoke the night before we went back to the same uni....everything was fine. When we arrived back....she avoided me for a week-made easier by the fact that we were now beginning our second year of uni, so she was living out and I didn't know the address. When I eventually bumped into her....I pretty much had to dump myself. Eventually she gave me the cliches of how it wasn't me, it was her and she didn't want a relationship at the moment....then less than 1 week later she was in a relationship with another guy. I was crushed.

Second time-just recently. Met a beautiful girl with the personality to match. We dated for a month. One day, we're on the bed and suddenly without any warning....she says: Can you go now? I leave because I never stay where I'm not wanted. She sent me a text 4-5 hours later telling me that she's really sorry. She said she's struggling with the whole relationship thing and is scared that she'll feel that she is trapped because she was in her last relationship. She then she says she doesn't want a relationship, she thought she was fine but clearly not. And that was it.
 ManofAdventure28
Msg: 13 (view)

Looking for a review... Looking for Opinions
Posted: 12/22/2013 6:10:46 AM
Great first pic......not a fan of the third pic.

Try to add some humour to your profile.....women love a funny guy and it will help you to stand out from the crowd
 ManofAdventure28
Msg: 9 (view)

Meeting someone before xmas...
Posted: 12/22/2013 6:02:25 AM
Flowers to her house would work for you....are you planning on collecting them from hers? ;) Just have him send the flowers to your address....unless you're into the drama
 ManofAdventure28
Msg: 57 (view)

When he doesnt want to touch anything but your nipples
Posted: 12/22/2013 5:59:11 AM
Sounds like it's time to start growing nipples from your other body parts....really surprised you didn't think of this earlier ;)
 ManofAdventure28

Should temporarily end a friendship with my ex-girlfriend who recently broke up with me?
Posted: 12/22/2013 5:20:07 AM
She broke up with you.....the reason doesn't matter too much. The painful fact is that she doesn't want to go out with you as a boyfriend anymore. Anytime a girl doesn't want to date me.....no matter how hard it is....I accept it and move on. You deserve to be in a relationship with someone who wants to be in a relationship with you....not clinging to the hope that if you're lucky she might let you plump her cushions and fan her in the hot summer months.

You need to .stop all contact with your ex....as this is the only way to ensure you actually start to move on from her. Get back to having a life of your own. Go out and make new friends.
 ManofAdventure28
Msg: 34 (view)

help! recent break up and ex moved on quick
Posted: 12/22/2013 4:21:05 AM
You'll be fine. And next time a woman starts telling you about her financial problems, smile to yourself and don't get involved....otherwise I'm going to start calling you "Hugh Heffner" ;)
 ManofAdventure28
Msg: 32 (view)

Posted: 12/22/2013 4:14:43 AM
You missed the point of my post...and focused on my comment about sexual favours...that was a joke.

The point still stands that you acted more like a parent/sugar daddy than a potential bf......it's not your duty to put her through school and be responsible for the decor of her flat. Doing this makes it seem as if you are lacking in confidence and trying to buy her affections. If you take nothing else out of your relationship with her, take that lesson from it.
 ManofAdventure28

Please give suggestions on my profile.
Posted: 12/22/2013 4:09:45 AM
You captured my attention with the opening paragraph.....and I'm not even gay....I was expecting good things and then you got a little serious and boring. Think of your profile as you talking with a friend.....you're relaxed....you're making jokes.....you're not trying to "sell yourself"....in short, you're interacting with someone you know and who already likes you.

Take out the bit about how much you drink....I don't know if I missed something but I wasn't getting an alcoholic vibe off you.....until you started insisting that you weren't one ;)
 ManofAdventure28

Jeans for Christmas?
Posted: 12/22/2013 3:57:13 AM
Personally I don't see the problem with buying him something he needs and wants....sounds like the point of Xmas. How long have you guys been going out?
 ManofAdventure28
Msg: 29 (view)

Posted: 12/22/2013 3:49:44 AM
Sorry to hear about your breakup....however......what were you doing financing a girl who you only just started a relationship with? You sound like you were trying to control her and buying her affection. That's not nice guy behaviour.....and trying to stop her from having male friends?? That's big "NO-NO" behaviour. If you're going to do all those things then you need to do them expecting nothing in return. Better still....don't do them. When I hold a door open for a woman or give up my seat on the tube....I'm not expecting some sort of (sexual) favour in return. To be blunt....you sound like you're majorly insecure and hence you were trying to control her and everything about your interactions with her. You need to be confident in yourself and like you for who you are.

ManofAdventure28
Msg: 28 (view)

Contact from ex after a year
Posted: 12/20/2013 9:44:48 AM
You're an attractive woman...he's probably kicking himself that he lost you....

Usually ex's get back in contact when they are down on their luck with the opposite sex.....so they go back to someone who they've been intimate with thinking, well we had sex before.....chances are I can get her to have sex with me again. He doesn't want to be friends.....he wants to get in your pants.
 ManofAdventure28
Msg: 6 (view)

Think I could use a review
Posted: 12/20/2013 9:40:12 AM
Your pics have been covered.....you need to get clearer pics of your face.

Your profile reads like a description.....which is a problem when you consider that that's what every other guy has done. So now you're back to square 1 and effectively competing on looks. You need to inject personality into your profile....you say you're funny, that you are quick with a joke, that you usually get laughs.....you need to showcase your skill set. I am quite funny followed by no jokes=I am not funny.....and if you "lied" about that....well, the woman is going to think..."what else has he been creative with".

You need to ppproach this as if you were having a conversation with a friend over a drink. When you're actually talking to your mates, you never say I'm quite funny....you just make them laugh.
 ManofAdventure28
Msg: 37 (view)

Wow, thick skin is needed for this site?
Posted: 12/20/2013 9:33:02 AM
OP.....you're thinking about this all wrong. She did you a MASSIVE favour....sure you wasted some time but in the long run, you saved much more than you wasted.
 ManofAdventure28

New to the online thing... Advice?
Posted: 12/20/2013 9:30:14 AM
My advice.....move to a bigger town/city. Not only are the job prospects/women better but it won't be such a pain arranging a meet with a girl
 ManofAdventure28
Msg: 78 (view)

How to be less shallow?
Posted: 12/19/2013 11:57:13 AM
OP...sounds pretty normal to me. Guys are visual creatures. I doubt it would end well if you tried to date someone that you don't fancy....all you need to do is find a woman whose personality matches her looks.
 ManofAdventure28
Msg: 89 (view)

Why do women wear shirts that show alot in public?
Posted: 12/19/2013 5:40:10 AM
Anyway....I don't really give much thought to why women wear revealing clothes....I suspect the obvious answer is because they like the top, it makes them feel sexy etc. I just thank the lord that they do wear these clothes.
 ManofAdventure28

Is she using me for dinners?
Posted: 12/19/2013 5:33:50 AM
Why do you keep taking her for dinner? If you keep feeding a woman, she'll eventually come to think of this as normal.....Why don't you go someplace fun....go ice skating, shoot some pool, go bowling, play twister.....if you have to do dinner.....try cooking for her....and stop trying to press the whole sex thing. The more you keep wondering why you haven't had sex and keep initiating it....the more she'll pick up on this and the less likely she'll have sex with you.

Why didn't you and her have sex when you were both naked?
 ManofAdventure28
Msg: 43 (view)

When to kiss
Posted: 12/19/2013 5:29:37 AM
A good moment.....if you're flirting, joking around....that's usually a good moment. Try sitting next to her....on a couch....it makes kissing a lot easier if there's no table directly between you.
 ManofAdventure28

NEVER felt this low! (long, sorry!)
Posted: 12/19/2013 5:06:32 AM
We've all been there mate. Unfortunately the reality is that most relationships don't work out or last....so you need to:

1. Take the positives out of having dated 2 beautiful women. (Yes, your head will tell you that you lost them...but the reality is...you deserve to have someone that wants to be with you as much as you do with them.....be thankful that they were honest enough to end things with you rather than give you false hope).
2. When you're in a relationship....don't forget about your life. It's tempting to put everything into the relationship, spend 24/7 with them but it's not a good idea. You need your own interests and friends and you need to keep that part of your life going.
3. Now that you're single, you need to do things. Sitting at home beating yourself up won't help you. You may not feel like going out but do it. Call up some friends and go out...maybe somewhere new. Take up a new hobby. Join a gym. Work on yourself and being happy in yourself.
 ManofAdventure28
Msg: 21 (view)

A man that cannot finish the deed??
Posted: 12/19/2013 3:59:52 AM
She clearly needs to just say to him....hey let's try this way of kissing. She shows himwhat she likes.....and then tells him to copy. If she really wants to make her point....she can mimic his technique.

If she doesn't want to go through the "training" phase....then she should just end it.
 ManofAdventure28
Msg: 17 (view)

How much do looks matter to girls.
Posted: 12/19/2013 3:44:51 AM
Seems like you'd be better placed asking some of your female friends what areas you need to work on etc. Don't say "hey....how come you've never fancied me?", but ask them for advice and help as a friend. Most women love helping their friends out....especially when it involves romance etc

Ask and hang out with some of your guy friends who are good with women. See what they do, ask for advice and then put into practice.
 ManofAdventure28
Msg: 119 (view)

How do you get a womans attention in the real world
Posted: 12/19/2013 3:38:27 AM

unless you're attractive, have fun with a sexual harassment accusation.

Unless you're saying that to someone at work, in which case I'd strongly urge you to re-consider, I'd bet good money on there being no sexual harrassment accusation. Most women can take a joke, they even like jokes with sexual connotations and the delivery is far more important than looks.
 ManofAdventure28
Msg: 117 (view)

How do you get a womans attention in the real world
Posted: 12/18/2013 3:10:19 PM
How do I get a woman's attention in the real world.??

I slap her on the ass and when she turns round I say "it wasn't me.....but Im glad I have got your attention ;)"

It's got a 99.99% success rate. Seriously. For some reason, police women love it even more than non-police women...go figure
 ManofAdventure28
Msg: 26 (view)

Dating Confusion
Posted: 12/18/2013 8:19:26 AM
OP....You seem to be falling into the same trap again and again.

In between dates, you shouldn't be spending hours texting.Get her on the phone and set up a date-this should take a few mins. There should be no hour long texting sessions. You're not in a relationship with her yet.
Quit trying to work out her intentions and instead work out yours. You like her, you want to see her again, call her and ask her when she's free. If you're also free that day, then do something. If not, find a day when you are both free. If she agrees and you meet up again, you will have your answer as to her intentions-she is interested enough to want to see you again.
If she brushes you off and/or cancels after arranging a date....she's probably not that interested. If she does cancel, then say....that's cool. Call me if you fancy doing something another time. Then do exactly what you did last time, move on with your life. Maybe she'll contact you, maybe she won't.

It really is that simple.
 ManofAdventure28
Msg: 5 (view)

relationship labels
Posted: 12/18/2013 8:07:18 AM
If you want an "exclusive thing"....and you would like to keep seeing him if you like him and spend time together doing things outside of the bedroom....it's a relationship....even if you're not looking to get married. The not meeting the family thing.....not quite sure how that fits in with the whole being exclusive and doing "couply things".....would you one day hope to live together? if the answer is no, then it sounds more like an "arrangement of sorts".....like I said: "it'c complicated".
 ManofAdventure28
Msg: 119 (view)

Am I overreacting?
Posted: 12/18/2013 7:56:01 AM
OP.....WHAT???

Why do you feel like you were threatened? You're not a wife beater are you?
She got annoyed because a woman was being verbally or physically attacked (it's not entirely clear which one) and it's happened to her in the past. Seems pretty understandable. You, on the other hand, got annoyed because you're not a guy who beats women and therefore what she was saying, doesn't apply to you?? Are you sure you weren't just looking for an excuse to end the relationship with her? Or are you embarrassed because part of you thinks that maybe she should have checked if the woman and child are ok?
 ManofAdventure28
Msg: 79 (view)

Why do women wear shirts that show alot in public?
Posted: 12/18/2013 7:45:38 AM

I just started the thread because I thought it was a good topic to talk about. I know some women wear some revealing shirts and when you see them in public and they notice you looking they give you that ticked off look. I know most of these women have men because they have men holding their hands or they have a diamond wedding ring or a guy is walking with them and they kiss in public.

How long are you watching these people for? You know that if you see them enter a house together, it's probably time to call it a day, right?

Personally a woman has never given me a ticked off look for "appreciating her fashion/womanly attributes"....but that's probably because I do it and then continue with my day. If you're finding that women are "forever" giving you ticked off looks, it's time to put the binoculars away and move the car down the road.
 ManofAdventure28

relationship labels
Posted: 12/18/2013 7:39:02 AM
I call it "complicated".

Sounds like a relationship to me....presumably you're not expecting all this from the off? You're working up to this point?
 ManofAdventure28
Msg: 21 (view)

Problems in group of friends over a girl
Posted: 7/18/2013 6:00:25 AM
I reckon you should get with this girl, have sex and then make your "friend" watch the tape. If you could get the girl to moan things like "oh my god.....you're so much bigger that "joe" could ever hope to be"....even better.
 ManofAdventure28
Msg: 28 (view)

Did I get stood up? Should I move on?
Posted: 7/18/2013 5:54:10 AM

About two hours before I was about to drive off she sent me a text that her father was in the ER and she was gonna go see him(her father lives in another city).

I think it's a warning sign that she was willing to put her father in the ER jsut to get out of a date with you.......ask her if she can pick up a nurses outfit for the next date??
 ManofAdventure28
Msg: 96 (view)

Can guys be bisexual?
Posted: 7/18/2013 5:52:21 AM
Guys can't be bi-sexual.....everyone knows that we can't multi-task.

Show ALL Forums