Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: VFW Hernando, MS November 24th, Live Band/Dance
 TxSippiGal
Msg: 3 (view)

VFW Hernando, MS November 24th, Live Band/Dance
Posted: 11/13/2012 11:46:17 PM
Hey I went ahead and signed up so you could send out the mass mailing but I will not be attending.. more than likely I will be working that weekend.

I heard it is a great venue... I hope people will try it out..
 TxSippiGal
Msg: 8 (view)

November 10th. 8:00p.m. VFW Dance/Live Band
Posted: 10/25/2012 3:11:43 PM
can't be there but wanted to sign up for the mass mailing...
 TxSippiGal
Msg: 44 (view)

If you miss your ex should you let them know or keep it to yourself?
Posted: 10/25/2012 2:07:27 PM
I think that even though you miss him you need to move on with your life and focus on your own happiness which I don't think includes him and his current situation. You can not be happy in a relationship that is not what you want it to be so why torture yourself. From what you said you told him what your problems were with your relationship and it is up to him change them and contact you.

If per chance you ran into him and he told you he missed you I think it would be ok to tell him the same... but only under this type of situation would I tell him.

Now it might be ok to contact him and just say "hope you are doing well".. but I would leave it at that..
 TxSippiGal
Msg: 21 (view)

How would you react to this one?
Posted: 10/25/2012 1:55:28 PM
I think you just answered your own question... it is just plain ole creepy to me
 TxSippiGal
Msg: 23 (view)

Is he flirting? Trying to get my attention?
Posted: 10/25/2012 1:48:56 PM
Well.. you never know what someone else is thinking... but I think you should hang back... let him bear the responsibility of contacting you.. he might be lonely and remembering the good times... but if you hang back.. and only respond occasionally... keep yourself on a path taking care of you.. and he starts to come more toward you.. then you will know there could be something there.

If you allow him to totally control the pace at which he comes towards you.. in fact lean back from him a little.. then that will set up a nice scenario where he can actually freely examine his true feelings and also protect your heart. If he decides to be more aggressive then you can hang back and allow him to come to you.. It is actually a win /win proposition... you will both win no matter how it turns out..

But you can not "help" this along... he has to be the one that sets the pace.. and controls how far and how quickly he approaches..all you can do if you like the attention is to be receptive to his contact..
 TxSippiGal
Msg: 72 (view)

best friends quarrel over POF guy
Posted: 10/24/2012 10:38:56 PM
PDS?

I am not trying to be contrary but...some older women usually do not grow out of this... they get worse... believe me hahaha... It is a jungle out there for senior citizens.
 TxSippiGal
Msg: 71 (view)

best friends quarrel over POF guy
Posted: 10/24/2012 10:36:54 PM
She is not your friend... so be nice to her but don't give her any more information... I only tell my single friends about a guy if I trust them (the girlfriend) totally.

Also, she is chasing him... so let her.. don't pitch a fit.. and don't say anything to him.

You let him chase you... be juicy, romantic, feeling, soft, warm.. etc. Figuratively lean back so he will move closer to you. Her chasing after him will just drive him to you because you are the cool girl!!!

If you allow yourself to be in desperation mode he will sense that and go "ewwww" and back off.. you want him to say "ewww" about her.. and he will..

You know I had a friend in High School who went after every guy I said I liked... There was one special guy.. he was a preacher's kid and oh was I in love with him..hahaha.. Well she went after him.. when she found out that I liked him... He never said anything to me about her except for one thing... When we had our senior pictures made he just very nonchalantly said "hey, I like your picture so much better than Linda's picture". That was all he had to say to me.. I knew what he was telling me.
 TxSippiGal
Msg: 69 (view)

We Shouldnt Be On Here
Posted: 10/24/2012 10:23:52 PM
I am in the begining of a relationship but nothing has been said about exclusivity. We did not meet on POF but on another site. He and I both are on the other site... and quite frankly it is not my business what he is doing on the other site. I have been sitting under a relationship coach and she recommends to keep options open till the man says he wants things to be exclusive.

So that is what I am doing now... I am keeping my options open and one way is to keep on POF.

Also, I have a lot of friends on this site I have met over the years and I like to keep my profile active to keep up with the parties and stuff.

So... I think you need to drop it for now.. because it seems to me that the idea to get off the site was yours and not his.
 TxSippiGal
Msg: 10 (view)

Sept. 29, 2012 Memphis Dance/Karaoke
Posted: 9/5/2012 9:32:12 PM
Well don't nun ya'll get excited... I can't come but thought I'd sign up to get your 20 or what ever you need to do the mass mail out... Miss you guys.. but gotta make the moooola..
 TxSippiGal
Msg: 20 (view)

March 17th, 2012 St. Patrick's Day Dance/Meet & Greet/Pot Luck
Posted: 3/15/2012 4:46:53 PM
Hey Edith, gee wished I could make it but I got a hot date!!!! hahahahah that is with a job.. $$$$$$$ money..money..money... hehehe... Anyway thanks for the invite.. hope you guys have fun.. I will make it some day!!!!!! roflmbo.
 TxSippiGal
Msg: 11 (view)

Memphis, Nov.26, 2011 Meet & Greet Dance
Posted: 11/15/2011 3:15:52 PM
I have signed up to help with mass emailing but will not be attending since I will be spending Thanksgiving with someone special in Dallas... Hope ya'll have a great time... I will miss you guys.. but this will be a great party I am sure...
 TxSippiGal
Msg: 27 (view)

Springtime Dance & Potluck, Whitehaven VFW, Memphis, Tn, April 30, 2011
Posted: 4/11/2011 4:37:00 PM
Re: Honeybear's drunken weenie remark

It is ok Jim as long as there aren't any human "drunken weenies" in attendence.. buahahah rofl...
 txsippigal
Msg: 18 (view)

St. Patrick's Day Dance and Potluck, Whitehaven VFW, Memphis, TN March 19, 2011
Posted: 3/2/2011 5:02:01 PM
Ok put me down... I'll russle up some green hehehe.
 txsippigal
Msg: 24 (view)

End of the Month Dance VFW Whitehaven, Memphis, TN Feb. 26, 2011
Posted: 2/23/2011 4:34:50 PM
Count me in... yahoooo!!!
 txsippigal
Msg: 4 (view)

Memphis 09/18/2010 Whitehaven VFW Band/Dance
Posted: 9/9/2010 5:47:30 PM
Weeeellllll.. I got all excited and then realized there is a home ball game that Saturday and I am booked.. bad news I won't be there.. good news is I am making $$$$$$

to all!!!!
 txsippigal
Msg: 2 (view)

Pics from 2/13/2010 Valentine's Party
Posted: 2/15/2010 6:59:30 PM
Where are the pics?? I wanna see since I wasn't there..
 txsippigal

Pics - Christmas Party 12/5/09 - Memphis
Posted: 12/6/2009 3:31:05 PM
Tonia, I had a wonderful time last night. Thanks Jim for the picture taking also. Sorry about the settings on this site I wonder if we could contact the admins to see if something could be done about that.

Everyone have a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.
 txsippigal
Msg: 37 (view)

Christmas Party - Pot Luck - VFW, Memphis, Tennessee - December 5th
Posted: 12/4/2009 4:49:29 PM
Hey Tonia,

I am still bringing meatballs but change my 2nd. to deviled eggs..

Ann
 txsippigal
Msg: 13 (view)

Christmas Party - Pot Luck - VFW, Memphis, Tennessee - December 5th
Posted: 11/21/2009 3:25:08 PM
Hi all.. I am so excited about this party.. last Christmas's party was great I had a great time.. and hmmmm I have spotted my mistletoe I am going to cut down and bring... hehehe... I will have plenty for everybody.. hehehe..

For those interested in the band.. the music they play is classic rock, country rock, and classic country... they are really pretty good.. and well worth the $5 cover charge... Last time I heard them They did a rendition of the blue grass tune "Don't Walk On This Heart of Mine" that was to die for.. it was so good.. I thought we was gonna have church!!!!

I am going to bring my world famous meatballs... and maybe veggie pizza..

I can't wait to see everyone and hug everyone's neck.. and guys don't forget... PUCKER UP!!!!

Just as a personal testimony for the newbies.. I myself have been reflecting on my 2nd year on POF and I can say with out a doubt it was a good decision I made when I joined and decided to become involved with the meet and greets.. etc.

I am currently in a "lets see what happens" relationship with a man I met on POF back in Summer of 2008 (I joined in fall of 2007). I have dated quite a bit men I have met here on POF and I would say with out a doubt that the majority of them have been great to date and many have become friends of mine who I hold very dear.

So as the New Year approaches I hope that those of us who remain on the site will continue to make our meet and greets as great has they have been in the past.. and that our friendships will continue to grow over 2010.

If you have any one you know who is not on POF I hope that you will invite them.. the more the merrier.. also I am contacting the former POFers who I know and inviting them to come.
 txsippigal
Msg: 5 (view)

Pics from Meet & Greet, Saturday, 24 October, VFW at 1942 Lynnbrook, Memphis, TN
Posted: 10/26/2009 3:48:33 PM
Hey All, sure wished I could have been there also but so glad you had a good turn out.. I was so tired from the week and all the ball game preperations.. and I just vegged out Sat. night and Sunday.. got some stuff done with all the pretty weather also..

I can't wait to see the pictures..
 txsippigal
Msg: 46 (view)

Meet & Greet, Saturday, 24 October, VFW at 1942 Lynnbrook, Memphis, TN 38116
Posted: 10/24/2009 9:55:11 AM
I am still debating on whether or not to come... if I don't show you will know that I decided not to come.. still getting over my head cold.. and probably wise to just go home and go to bed... well yall have a good time.. and wished I could be there.
 txsippigal
Msg: 29 (view)

Posted: 10/15/2009 5:06:34 PM
Ok ya'll I just found out that the game.. Arkansas vs Ole Miss is at 11:30 am!!!! yipeee.. unless that time is changed I can be at the meet and greet!!!!! so I am so excited!!!!
 txsippigal

Posted: 10/12/2009 4:16:36 PM
Weeeeeelllll.. SHOOT A MONKEY!!!! I forgot something...

Durn it.. I can't come to the meet and greet.. I have a prior committment.. and do not think I will be able to get free in time to come.. That is the day of the Arkansas/Ole Miss game and I have already committed to babysit a sweet wittle boy named Griffin.. I don't know the time of the game yet and it could change several times before the date depending upon television..

So if the game is early like 11 am.. I could make it easily but if it is like at 2 pm or night.. I won't..

So.. that is the way the cookie crumbles!!!!

Hey Resa that band was there the night of the Sardis picnic. They are older guys.. but they play a lot of good rock and roll. .. plus the great country standards. They have even changed up some old familar songs and given them a new twist..

I am real picky about what bands I like and what bands I don't like.. and I loved these guys.. they played a good mixture of fast dancing and slow belly rubbing tunes.. they are sure worth the trip to come out.

Wasn't it "Don't Tread On This Heart Of Mine"??? that they did so well??? it is an old blue grass tune but they blues'd it up some.. took some of the grass out of it hahahaha.. and updated it.. And the guy who sang really could sing blues well.. I was flabbergasted.. I thought we wuz gonna have church it was so good!!!!
 txsippigal

why dont women like bigger men?
Posted: 10/9/2009 8:39:05 PM
I am currently seeing a man who is quite a bit over weight. I love him just the way he is. I am concerned for his health since I have started thinking about my health and have dropped about 50 lbs. in the last couple of years. He does not have to lose weight for me to love him or approve of him.. but as I consider maybe a long term relationship with him.. his weight could very well be a factor for me. I don't want to be a widow a couple of years into our marriage.. and my only issue is that for the most part this is something that can be changed.. But I do understand how hard it is to change one's lifestyle.. I have battled that myself. It is a hard balance for me..

Hey fellers Dr. Oz says for every 10 lbs. you lose you gain an inch where it counts... hehehe..

What I have seen especially in my 50's that being over weight for both men and women takes a serious toll on your health and your sex life... There are also many complications that occur because of being over weight like diabetes, heart disease, kidney problems.. impotence, lack of libido.

I can't count the number of men I have dated who were impotent because they were on several different kinds of heart medications because they wouldn't modify their diets and life style.. sure they might say that there is a drug for that but what does it accomplish to have more drugs to an already drugged body.
 txsippigal
Msg: 5 (view)

Posted: 10/8/2009 9:13:27 PM
I am putting an "amen" to what the host posted about this band.. they were fantastic.. and last time we were all together we had a blast..

So yall come cuz the more the merrier.. besides I want to dance with all the fellers!!!!

I am looking forward to this.....
 txsippigal
Msg: 7 (view)

Sardis Picnic Photo's October 3,2009
Posted: 10/5/2009 9:07:50 AM
Oh I forgot.. THANK YOU TONIA for catching me with my mouth open on every shot with me in it..!!!! rofl...
 txsippigal

Sardis Picnic Photo's October 3,2009
Posted: 10/4/2009 11:41:01 AM
I had a great time at the picnic it was a beautiful day.. I really liked the Karaoke people also. Had a great time at the VFW later on that night.. it was worth the drive because the fellowship was great.. the dancing was great.. and the band was fantastic.
 txsippigal
Msg: 73 (view)

Sardis Lake Fall Picnic - Oct. 3, 2009 Food ,Games , Karaoke- Come Join The Fun !
Posted: 10/3/2009 10:17:53 PM
Hey Shebbie, we sure did miss you and did have a great time..

Oh, be sure and ask Mike what story he was telling on you.. I got in on the tail end of it and just heard your name...
 txsippigal
Msg: 45 (view)

Sardis Lake Fall Picnic - Oct. 3, 2009 Food ,Games , Karaoke- Come Join The Fun !
Posted: 9/26/2009 12:08:28 PM
Hey Cindy, I heard from Mike and it looks like he will be here for the picnic... so you can add another one to the list... let us know if there is anything else we need to bring or help with since we are close being down here in Oxford...

We do have some friends we are going to be visiting with who live near the lake.. so we will probably be there around noon or so..
 txsippigal
Msg: 10 (view)

Posted: 9/10/2009 11:21:35 AM
Cindy,

Should I have been able to have gone directly to the forum post from your email that was in my inbox? I couldn't go directly to the forum from the email.... at least I didn't think I could do that..

Oh well.. I figured it out..

Count me in for deviled eggs

Folks, this is a great great venue for a picnic. This is down around where I live and it is clean, and easily accessable.. a great place to bring your bikes too...

Ann
 txsippigal
Msg: 39 (view)

Meet & Greet VFW -Sept. 12, 1942 Lynnbrook Memphis Tn - LIVE BAND 8 p.m. -12 a.,m..
Posted: 9/10/2009 11:16:11 AM
Hi all.. put me down for this.. and hopefully I can come..

Ya'll this band is well worth the cover charge!!! and of course you have a safe environment where you can meet and greet people.. and you can have a good time.. dancing and visiting..

I think this is just the "ticket" so to speak...
 txsippigal
Msg: 11 (view)

Meet & Greet VFW -1942 Lynnbrook Memphis Tn - LIVE BAND 8 p.m. -12 a.,m..
Posted: 8/26/2009 8:06:26 PM
I can't wait for this. We will have a fun time.
 txsippigal
Msg: 33 (view)

Meet & Greet - Whitehaven VFW, Saturday, August 15, 2009
Posted: 8/14/2009 3:17:22 PM
I got my stuff for the meatballs!!!!!!! We are gonna have sooooo much fun...
 txsippigal
Msg: 30 (view)

Date A or B or neither???
Posted: 7/31/2009 4:26:12 PM
I myself have found myself in a similar predicament in the past... and let me tell you.. I am not one who is happy to just "settle" for a warm body near me. I think you gave both men a fair chance 3 dates should be enough to see if there is even a hint of a spark there for you..

My ex husband and I had major passion in our relationship.. yes we did grow apart but there was nothing I would not have done for him even at the end.. because of that passion. I think it is that spark of passion that makes the dull hum drum of life more palatable.. Yes with time passion can fade but if it is there at the onset it is easy to reignite.. you can't reignite something that won't burn..

I would rather be alone than have to live with someone who doesn't light my fire from time to time. I don't expect him to be Fabio.. hmmm I don't even like Fabio but yall know what I am talking about.

And it is funny for me how I find a spark with someone.. sometimes it is a quirky little habit that endears him to me.. sometime it is his passion for life.. sometimes it is his mind or his beliefs that he is passionate about..

One of the last men I had that spark with... man he was something.. We only had one date.. but he was the total package.. he was funny, passionate about his work, compassionate about people and animals, 180 degrees different from me in his belief system which added this delicious tension between us that only highlighted our attraction for each other because we were so different in that area, 14 years older than me, and believe me when I say that I was not very coy with him about wanting to see him again... but we have never gone out again. I would date him in a heart beat if he ever called me again.. but I guess it is not to be... waaah.. but he was something else.

So I am saying all of that to say this.. that for me.. the memory of that date to this day warms me and the chemistry between us still makes me smile. Yes, I am meeting other men.. and have met some who are fabulous.. .. but even though we only went out one time it was so spectacular that I am grateful to have gotten to spend that time with him even for that one evening.

So.. I think you know your answer.. Now it might not be someone else's answer.. but it will be your answer.
 txsippigal
Msg: 2 (view)

Meet & Greet - Whitehaven VFW, Saturday, August 15, 2009
Posted: 7/23/2009 7:51:43 PM
Hey Linda,

I will be there for sure..not sure about Fred yet.. but looking forward to having a good time..not sure what I am bringing yet.
 Txsippigal
Msg: 3 (view)

Sardis Lake Picnic - June 6,2009
Posted: 6/10/2009 4:56:14 PM
That is so great sirlapsalot.. I am so glad that Debbie got to go..

Yes, we had a wonderful time.. met some new friends.. and I think we reached some around the Oxford area that were on POF already so hopefully they will come up for the once a month meet and greet in Whitehaven.

I can not wait for the next get together..

This was a great group of people who were at this one.. everyone had a good time and sort of did their own thing .. My suntan is just now showing!!!!

I appreciate so very much Thad, Big Daddy Jimmy, Honey Bear Jim, and Deleta for showing up and doing the "man" thing by keeping those coals a'goin. Fella's we ladies appreciate your leadership so much... and a big kuddos and hugs from me to you!!! Ya'll are the greatest!!!
 Txsippigal
Msg: 1 (view)

Sardis Lake Picnic - June 6,2009
Posted: 6/7/2009 7:42:23 AM
Thanks to all those that came out to the picnic! The food was great and the weather was fantastic!! I think we all had a goodtime , we had several people wanting another one in the Fall . Jerry (jerr105) will be hosting the fall picnic .
We made alot of new friends and hope to see them at the next event, as well as the regulars .Thanks to all those that came out and participated .
 TxSippiGal
Msg: 87 (view)

POF Picnic at Sardis lake on June the 6th 8am to 9pm
Posted: 6/4/2009 5:23:06 PM
Weather is looking great for Saturday !

Jeff glad to see you signed up , haven't seen you in awhile ......

TxSippiGal
Msg: 85 (view)

Posted: 6/3/2009 9:34:05 AM
Welcome to all the new singups !!! Looks like this is going to be a GREAT turnout !!!

Be sure to bring (or wear) those swimsuits , towels, fishing poles and bait ,and your cooler and drinks ........

The games we have are horseshoes, volleyball, ladderball, badminton, and lawn darts ........if you have any you want to bring , that would be great....

See everyone there ....
 TxSippiGal
Msg: 83 (view)

Posted: 6/1/2009 9:47:00 PM
If anyone has any Frisbee's , or Badminton please bring them .........
We have Volleyball, Horseshoes, Magnetic Lawn Darts ,Ladderball , and 2 rackets and birdies....

If anyone plays and instrument be sure to bring it and help Ken out , he is bringing his guitar .........pickin and grinnin uh?????

Can't wait to see everyone , this is going to be so much fun !!!!
 Txsippigal
Msg: 80 (view)

Posted: 6/1/2009 6:43:03 PM
Lala,
Oh my yes this will be a family event.. just let us know how many you are going to bring.

Look at the slide show at the beginning of the thread and you will see lots of play ground equipment.. a beach.. etc.

You might want to bring some outside game too..

Sure there will be name tags.

Ann
 Txsippigal
Msg: 79 (view)

Posted: 6/1/2009 8:32:19 AM
Hey Laurie,

Welcome.. I will put you down on the list.. If you haven't already, and I haven't checked the sign up list yet, but go and add yourself on the first page to the sign up list. It will say something like "to add yourself to list click here".. that will help us keep everyone straight.

I will be glad to meet you on Saturday.

Ann
 Txsippigal
Msg: 78 (view)

Posted: 5/31/2009 6:14:47 PM
Welcome cdye24!!! We are sure you will have a great time along with your guests. If you haven't already please sign up on the first page of this thread. Also, there is a list of side items that you can bring. Just let us know what type of side you want to bring and I will put you on the food list.

I myself am bringing cole slaw and deviled eggs..

Hey TomThumb, good to hear.. hmmm can you bring an extra helment for me??? I want you to take me riding hehehe.. There will be plenty of food I am sure.. I always make too much!!!

Ann
 Txsippigal
Msg: 77 (view)

Posted: 5/31/2009 4:25:21 PM
Welcome Rogerlee52.. do you know what you are going to bring and will you bring extra people?
 Txsippigal
Msg: 73 (view)

Posted: 5/31/2009 12:01:11 PM
Hey JustMe.. we are sorry you aren't going to be able to attend.. but.. glad you are going on your trip early.. have fun .. and please keep an eye out for the next party.
 TxSippiGal
Msg: 71 (view)

Posted: 5/30/2009 8:23:16 PM
It's ok TomThumb we do understand ........ just bring what you can ....

we will have some extra chairs there ......

See ya there ..
 Txsippigal
Msg: 65 (view)

Posted: 5/28/2009 3:41:31 PM
Welcome Bettiehh I will get your name on the list.. along with your friends.. you will have a great time!!!
 Txsippigal
Msg: 15 (view)

letter to his wife from his mistress
Posted: 5/27/2009 10:38:11 PM
The truth is.. if he/she will cheat with you.. he/she will cheat on you.. so don't be too sure you are the only one.. I am sure he has others..

And don't believe he is staying with her because of the kids.. I would be willing to wager that it is all about the money.. divorce is expensive esp. with children.. he is thinking about his retirement plus his toys.. he wouldn't be able to afford his toys if he leaves her...plus he would probably have to give up 1/2 his pension.. and then there is the house.. they'd have to sell and now days in this economy they won't get as much for it.. Also, the prestige.. he would be considered a low life to leave his wife for another woman.

But believe me he is getting something out of the marriage or he would leave it.
 Txsippigal
Msg: 77 (view)

Let's Party in Jonesboro June 20th
Posted: 5/27/2009 10:29:12 PM
Kevin and Shebbe,

I echo what Linda just said. I am committed to the Jonesboro party and that is the one I will attend. We are bringing several friends with us from the Memphis area and I am getting the word out to the men online that I meet from that area.

We are going to have a great time.. and this will be a great kick off for Jonesboro.

Now guys you put on your dancin shoes cuz we aren't gonna let you sit for long!!! hehehe
 Txsippigal
Msg: 63 (view)

Posted: 5/27/2009 4:04:56 PM
Welcome Delta Farm Girl.. glad you are making it. As far as what to bring.. pick what you want to bring based on the list at the beginning of the forum.. but most importantly.. bring yourself!!!

Welcome Shebbie - we are so excited you are bringing your foster children (7) so folks if you have extra games and stuff to bring that would interest kids.. be sure and bring them..

Show ALL Forums