Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Knob hand positions - my experiences
 ellymyosotis
Msg: 14 (view)

Knob hand positions - my experiences
Posted: 6/22/2014 12:22:26 PM
I have booked driving lessons so I can feel knobs.

I thought I had skills but obviously there is more to learn.
 ellymyosotis
Msg: 22 (view)

Are The Royal Family Sexy Enough?
Posted: 7/26/2013 12:36:05 PM
I will let noone know if anyone from the Royal household contacts me to date via POF.

Are they sexy enough? How the hell can any one judge unless in that circle and anyone of curtesy would not be posting details here.
 ellymyosotis

The Beauty of a Woman's Hand
Posted: 7/26/2013 10:49:47 AM
I enjoy giving a HJ and as often as I enjy a BJ.

There is something about a HJ when I have space to see a reaction as well as feel it. There is something nice in watching his head tilt or him biting his lip. There is something special when he then tells me how.. something I cannot see and sometimes don't hear when giving a bj.

Role reversal though .. He cannot hear when my thighs are blocking his hearing so sometimes finger enjoyment is better as it is and can be shared.
 ellymyosotis
Msg: 26 (view)

Meeting at His House on the First Date. RED FLAG right?
Posted: 7/26/2013 10:42:34 AM
I cannot find a complete thread about safe datind and there are many including one of my own.

Date in a safe enviroment never at each others home. Never take a lift in a car with someone you have never met before.. so many things I could say but surely common sense outweighs desperate needs?
 ellymyosotis
Msg: 36 (view)

The Best Sex Ever....
Posted: 7/26/2013 10:32:01 AM
The best sex ever are the very few and occasional people you allow into your head as well as your body.
 ellymyosotis
Msg: 17 (view)

who remembers Roller Skating and Roller Discos
Posted: 7/26/2013 10:28:15 AM
I could roller skate never got the ice thing though.

I bought a pair of inlines when 30. That was one of the things on my bucket lists then.. that and learning to ride a bike.

Think I got both and went on with the inlines to be able to dance but haven't picked u a pair for 10 years. Can still ride a bike!:-)
 ellymyosotis
Msg: 16 (view)

who remembers Roller Skating and Roller Discos
Posted: 7/26/2013 10:26:49 AM
I could roller skate never got the ice thing though.

I bought a pair of inlines when 30. That was one of the things on my bucket lists then.. that and learning to ride a bike.

Think I got both and went on with the inlines to be able to dance but haven't picked u a pair for 10 years. Can stil ride a bike!:-)
 ellymyosotis
Msg: 10 (view)

Can you admit - what kind of drunk are YOU?
Posted: 7/26/2013 10:08:35 AM
I admit to being well past but never yet (as far as I remember or having been told) wet my pants or pucked in a friend purse!

2-7 definately not. 1 I know I am sexy but you are not going to pull while I am taking care of my mate!
 ellymyosotis
Msg: 39 (view)

How to breakup with someone?
Posted: 7/25/2013 1:16:39 PM

Ok, I do not want to go over everything again. So I will say just this one thing: Girl A has an ACTIVE dating profile on O-K.Coopid.

So I think it's ok for me to meet Girl B and date her.

And yes, I have told Girl B about Girl A.

You have already stated you do not wish to continue with Girl A .. what difference does her having an active dating profile make? You have one too?
 ellymyosotis
Msg: 8 (view)

To the Bryan Adams fans-- what is your favorite BA song and your favorite album?
Posted: 7/24/2013 12:29:58 PM
One of the best concerts I ever attended was Bryan Adams. I was transfixed.

Album - Reckless
Track - Always be Right There
 ellymyosotis
Msg: 1 (view)

Diabetic help
Posted: 7/24/2013 12:05:07 PM
I need to learn alot more about diabetic cooking and certainly baking. There are many websites and I am trying recipies but the best ones are those from people that use them.

I need a recipe for a diabetic birthday cake within the next month, something I have never done before. Help please
 ellymyosotis
Msg: 37 (view)

How to breakup with someone?
Posted: 7/24/2013 12:01:02 PM
There is only one way and that is to say you do not want to continue being in that relationship.

It is nice if you can say why but sometimes that can lead to a space that causes further problems.

You need to say you want to end it.
 ellymyosotis
Msg: 27 (view)

Income Tax and benefit transparency
Posted: 7/23/2013 4:22:05 PM
I have not seen this sort of quarrel before but hope each and every one of you will reply to the thread and personally in an apology for the disrespect give to the OP
 ellymyosotis
Msg: 14 (view)

Could it get any better?
Posted: 7/23/2013 4:09:50 PM
Yes we find out Martina Navratilova, Jesse Owens and Seve Ballesteros were all British along with Nelson Mandela and Mother Theresa.
Plus the Tykes(Barnsley) will life the Chanpions League .. ever
 ellymyosotis
Msg: 12 (view)

Who still goes out to pull?
Posted: 7/23/2013 3:42:13 PM
Geordie I will not ignore you as you have posted some points to my threads that I have considered but mostly ignored due to your form of posting
If ever you do post a nice message to somebodies thread without a barbed undercourrent please let me know as I would not wish to miss a millennium event!
 ellymyosotis
Msg: 11 (view)

Bi Coastal Dating
Posted: 7/23/2013 3:01:08 PM
I am from the UK and dated a gentleman from Chicago for about four years.

We could not meet as often as we wished and in the end we had to make the descision about moving but neither of us felt we could.

Eight years on he remains one of my best friends.
 ellymyosotis
Msg: 40 (view)

Is it reasonable to expect women you meet online to share the driving?
Posted: 7/23/2013 2:56:14 PM
I do not drive but insist when meeting we are at a half way stage even though the public transport for me from a rural area is so expensive.

I do this as a respect to the person I am meeting as well as for a safety issue.
 ellymyosotis
Msg: 36 (view)

8 years age difference in relationship
Posted: 7/23/2013 2:42:02 PM
Does an eight year age gap matter?

He is on average income at 60-80 (I want his job). She is on 20-25 (I want her job too)
He is white. She is Asian .. should that matter?
Both obviously intelligent. Both obviously good looking (in the eye of the beholder).
Both stated as nice, funny and genuine people.

At no point have you mentioned why age is a problem.
Is there a hint of jealousy?
 ellymyosotis
Msg: 9 (view)

Who still goes out to pull?
Posted: 7/23/2013 2:31:53 PM
Though new to a job by only four months I have gained a confidence in my love of the job and now have a great amount of laughter with my work friends. Over the past month there have been reasons to have two parties, one that started at a pub and one that ended at one.

That confidence must be showing as both times I have been approached and from that certain collegues are viewing me differently.

I do enjoy the online but had forgotten how nice it is to have the other side too.
 ellymyosotis

Income Tax and benefit transparency
Posted: 7/21/2013 7:46:58 AM
Agree with some and disagree with others.

The UK we choose to live in is not always the UK we are proud of.
 ellymyosotis
Msg: 2 (view)

why sign up to an event then not show up
Posted: 7/21/2013 6:37:41 AM
The previous site I was on tried this but it ended up just being forumites and very few of those also.

There is a fear to keep securty and if you wanted to be so open most people can get to a dating venue. I personally would not make the effort to a dating thing but would go to a general organised event and have fun people watching and wandering which ones are POF mates.
 ellymyosotis
Msg: 3 (view)

Blocking Question
Posted: 7/21/2013 6:33:10 AM
If you have been blocked .. heyho.. move on to the next.

Realise you have a problem when you have been blocked by 5 or more until then happy playing!
 ellymyosotis
Msg: 74 (view)

Good Looks
Posted: 7/15/2013 12:54:43 PM
I have been chatting to someone for about two months never knowing how they looked. I met them this weel and no would not be attracted to but our previous mails and calls.. yes still may progress.
 ellymyosotis
Msg: 404 (view)

girls with high sex drive
Posted: 7/15/2013 11:55:10 AM
I have always had a high sex drive but have never been cheap!

Hard to describe when even within a relationship you want again and they don't. Good sex is the one that makes you want more.
 ellymyosotis
Msg: 52 (view)

Is attraction a choice ?
Posted: 7/15/2013 11:33:38 AM
Attraction is on different levels. As a young would never have realised that.

Yes I want to have eye candy at a level older than the levi jeans bloke but would choose attraction in thought over body
 ellymyosotis
Msg: 28 (view)

Is music important?
Posted: 7/14/2013 1:57:52 PM
It is always nice to enjoy similar taste but not important in al aspects of a relationship.

That having been said I would choose not to be with someone that always listens to hip hop and he would probably choose not to be with me always listening to 80's retro ( just for infornation I do not).

I think you are overthinking this. Loads of things are said in profiles to create an ice breaker moment from the difficult minutes to a good conversation.
 ellymyosotis
Msg: 53 (view)

Signs of Getting Old
Posted: 7/14/2013 1:48:06 PM
When blue veins no longer means cheese and biscuits.
When a shared shower means you need them to help you in and out.
When lubricant is applied to your wheel chair instead of ...
 ellymyosotis

Wants Children/Does not want Children. Could you change your mind?
Posted: 7/14/2013 1:35:28 PM
I would have said I didn't want kids but marrying someone so much older than me (27 years) I had to make the choice then or possibly never.

Glad I took the choice to have children and I would not advise waiting.
 ellymyosotis
Msg: 24 (view)

I can no longer talk to my best mate
Posted: 7/5/2013 11:16:39 PM
I read what was said and told him about here and he didn't smirk or make fun of me. He actually offered that him and his would be close having a meal if I felt the need for that backup in safety. His miss rang to tell me a website that she had used before meeting him.

Thanks to all x
 ellymyosotis
Msg: 15 (view)

Posted: 6/29/2013 2:01:03 PM
Thanks to all that replied.

I purposely did not go into total facts because I believe that creates a forum post but now feel I should answer where I can.

Firstly I have to say that John with numbers has picked up I am a widow but talking about an ex. I wonder if the attitude would be different if divorced and mentioning ex. Somehow widows of both sexes have to greave for life. I was 30 and no not played the field but have tried to have a life. So I do have an ex.

To those that say you cannot have a best mate who is also an ex ..I disagree. The ex I am talking about in this thread is 11 years ago. We spit when our daughter was 17 days old after only eighteen months dating. I do not have to reveal that but can say with clarity that it was the best thing we did both as parents and business partners.

He is my best friend and is seeing me smile. I cannot tell him why because I am internet dating. He is old school pubs date.

That is as simple as the thread was meant.
 ellymyosotis

Posted: 6/27/2013 8:56:23 AM
My best mate is my ex and we are not falling out or anything else like that.
He has had a girlfriend for two years and I adore her and the way she has adapted to my children. I hope she is as pleased at the way I have intergrated hers into our/my family.
He and she in fairness have picked up on my smiling. The reason is this site. Yes some idiots out there but some genuines to and I am smiling. Feel like a woman rather than just Mom.
But I cannot tell my best mate why. Advise needed.
 ellymyosotis

I love the film Grease but 50's or 60's
Posted: 6/11/2013 3:32:58 PM
Sorry if I have placed this wrongly and thanks moderators if you move it to where it will be read.

I adore the film Grease but the more I watch it I see they have used a 50's vibe when openly saying this is a 60's based film.

I am a vintage buff and having bought from the US when I was in business do see their thoughts but do they have the same thoughts as us as UK and does the rest of UK see US as I do? Have to add in my best buys were probably Germans and all the UK/US bases within Europe.

Little worldly knowledge but would love to know yours on Grease....is the word!
 ellymyosotis

an old lady depends on her tv for company and stimulation... its her connection with the world and p
Posted: 6/11/2013 2:51:17 PM
I am sorry I said that because I work in a nursing home but not as a carer. I walk into rooms every day with people wth plasmas and stuff they dont understand.

I believe it is better to give independance.
 ellymyosotis
Msg: 3 (view)

Not tonight dear, I've got a......................?
Posted: 6/11/2013 2:27:47 PM
I am nearing 50 and never had a headache yet.

Broken hips are looking on the cards but where there is a will, there is a way!
 ellymyosotis
Msg: 40 (view)

Fleshlights
Posted: 6/11/2013 2:18:04 PM
I really still do not know enough about this toy but it has been mentioned okay for a woman to have a vibrator. I enjoy mine but are equally happy for mt partner to enjoy that too.

Can a fleshlight not be enjoyed as a couple?
 ellymyosotis
Msg: 16 (view)

Men are nice on this site when being regected.
Posted: 6/11/2013 1:35:50 PM
General message to those that have asked.

I clearly state a Hi is not enough but I still reply with my reasons. To those that have sent on a message but not enough content in their profile I reply with my reasons clearer stated. To everyone that does not drop in to those I have chatted at least a couple of times and have my reasons why I have not continued. Some people have come back and I hope I can say they are friends. Some have come back and said No thank you mainly because I am hard work but if you had chance to ask them I hope they would say there has been nothing other than politeness.

I do not mind being rejected. I do need an answer but a simple.. sorry not working for me is enough!
 ellymyosotis
Msg: 52 (view)

How to date while in recovery
Posted: 6/8/2013 6:35:16 AM
I am an alcoholic.

I hadn't drank for about 5 years but recovering my life had to do social. The drink started to creep up again and I am now back in AA and councilling for drinking socially but my thought behind that.

I know I am on the brin of never a drink in my life again and the true people I am chatting with do not have a problem whith honesty about the struggle.
 ellymyosotis
Msg: 42 (view)

Is there anybody else out there who thinks the cuckold lifestyle sounds so hot?
Posted: 6/8/2013 6:27:09 AM
Some of the vids I watch are this but they are fantasy and not a line I could cross into reality
 ellymyosotis

STIs when 40 plus
Posted: 6/7/2013 3:14:43 PM
Do you think about that aspect of checking your health?

My late teens were late 80's early 90's and no one could escape what the new sexual disease HIV/Aids. With no reason I regularly tested to make certain I was okay to date but then go married, got older and was not chancing life and just put it off.

When I decided to internet date I did have a normal check but not the full check for sexual transmitted ( now rectified) . Now Chlamydia is the big thing as it can be so underlying.

Do you sexual health checks?
 ellymyosotis
Msg: 12 (view)

Posted: 6/7/2013 2:40:08 PM
Thanks Alice and that information is helpful.

However I still do not understand the comment that I should know something I dont.

Thanks for help. I am now finding watching the forums is essential before posting.
 ellymyosotis
Msg: 15 (view)

FIRST DATE, SHOULD THE LADY OFFER TO BUY THE THIRD ROUND?
Posted: 6/7/2013 2:32:20 PM
I am uncomfortable about this situation.

I was brought up with the idea that if you were asked on a date.. the date would pay. I was also brought up with the thought that a woman never ask for a date.

Fast forward now I still do not ask for dates. Expect them to pay first date but after that equals. Meal by meal, drink by drink and hopefully at some point bed and breakfast share!
 ellymyosotis

Posted: 6/7/2013 2:23:29 PM
Darn. You lot are so nice! This has not been my experience previously and I think it is wonderful.

Maybe I was on wrong sites before. Maybe the moon is made out of green cheese.

It was a thanks thread and seems I am not the only one appreciating!
 ellymyosotis
Msg: 10 (view)

Posted: 6/7/2013 2:14:22 PM
AP1.

I don't understand your reply so please help.
I joined back endor Match/ early april. I do not have an exact date and would not know how to look for one.
 ellymyosotis
Msg: 6 (view)

No luck for months - Halp?!
Posted: 6/3/2013 5:31:27 PM
Anothe fishy has advised you in clear words.. it is a numbers game or about the amount of effort you are prepared to make.

I reply but reject 90% of first contact mails because there is no thought.

I cannot offer you more than has previously been said other than take the effort you would if you saw someone in real life and try to type a message to express that.
 ellymyosotis
Msg: 23 (view)

Fleshlights
Posted: 6/3/2013 5:20:26 PM
I do not think anyone is wrong in using anything that is pleasurable and legal.

I have to admit I didn't know what a fleshlight was but a few years ago did tell someone how to find a monkey spanker.

If it is what you want to try go for it. As a girl and I hope I will be backed up by this statement, a vibrator is not the same as the real thing so do not put all your dreams into a mechanical devise.
 ellymyosotis
Msg: 35 (view)

My Daughter, The Teenage Nudist
Posted: 6/3/2013 5:09:18 PM
I got introduced into nudism about 25 years ago as the ex of my husband had joined a thought program that embrassed it.

It was very uncomfortable when my step daughter came to live with us at 15years old. I was uncomfortable. Her brothers at 18,19 and 23 eft the house. Dad was mortified. It was hard to find a route where she could have the freedom she had learned and have the boys have their life too in the same house. Dad never accepted.

Not for me and I do feel there is an aspect that nudism can be forced on you in the way a long timeago vegetarianism was. It does not offend me but just not for me but happy to admit the best feeling in the world is to come home from work, shower and walk around the house unclad.
 ellymyosotis

Posted: 6/3/2013 4:03:51 PM
I have internet dated for a while and enjoyed most of the time doind so hence still doing so.

I have never found a site like this when the men are so polite when being rejected.

I always reply to first contact messages. I believe if the effort has been made a response is curtious.. even when the message is Hi x or Any more pics? I am just incredibly surprised here how polite people are when I send back sorry but not for me.

Has the world turned nice while I was sleeping or does POF have a school of politeness?
 ellymyosotis
Msg: 39 (view)

what was the biggest age difference between couples?
Posted: 6/3/2013 6:02:18 AM
Him being older ... I was 21 he was 48.

Me being older ..I was 44 he was 23
 ellymyosotis

Love after the loss of a partner
Posted: 6/3/2013 5:41:41 AM
I can only say to people that go into a situation with someone who has lost a partner.. please do not judge too harshy.

It was very hard for me to have my first relationship after the death of my husband. I still felt married (and do today) and I felt I was betraying a trust. It took me a while to realise that I wasn't. My husband loved me and would have wanted me to have a life after his death. Noone could ever replace him but I wouldn't want them to but I have found I can love equally but differently. Hard to describe but guess the same as a parent loving more thanone child. You love them equally but differently as they are different people with different charactors.

Being widowed is a weekness but also a stregnth. Maybe we do keep alittle in reserve having felt that hurt but it is not to block others out it is to protect ourselves.
 ellymyosotis

Ignorance is bliss
Posted: 6/3/2013 5:22:36 AM
I would most certainly have backed down in a working situation. I could not have thought of working 8 or so hours a day with someone in a difficult situation. Noone can like every person they ever have to work with but they do have to spend that time so putting things on a clean edge is better because closing time means you don't have that worry anymore.

On a personal level I am a sulker but learning how to handle it. I would wait and hoped they would appologise first but now even leave myself messages so if it goes on too long I do force myself to make the effort and back down.

Life is too short to have awkward moments when not needed.

Show ALL Forums