Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Why dont instant messages get a reply?
 hdhighway
Msg: 30 (view)

Why dont instant messages get a reply?
Posted: 4/17/2008 6:26:34 PM
We are on a social dating website. If a person does not want to talk on the IM they should turn it off. If someone takes the time to give another a friendly hello, it seems like it is just good manners to respond with at least a " I am busy right now" or " no thank you" or something, they took the time, anything else seems rude. The computer generated refusal is as rude " this person dont want to talk to you" real nice... If you were walking down the road and someone gave you a friendly howdie do, the same response would be to spit in their eye. Good grief we are on a dating site here, a little bit of good manners goes a long way. No wonder some send a email back and are offended.
 hdhighway
Msg: 72 (view)

Being truthful doesnt always work
Posted: 4/8/2008 8:13:16 PM
If you have any respect for yourself be truthful always. It will set you free. Just think of the work invlolved in being a liar - it never ends you would tell another to cover the last one and then when it blows up in your face ... it is messy and hurtful and you will be hated with a passion instead of forgotten or thought of as the one that got away - Be thankful for that
 hdhighway
Msg: 49 (view)

Can you make love to someone you are not in love with?
Posted: 4/8/2008 7:59:50 PM
Non Refundable, do not ever run up to me and try your pelvic gyrations on me ... unless you buy me dinner first
 hdhighway
Msg: 458 (view)

Why do so many people seem to hate cops?
Posted: 4/8/2008 7:45:46 PM
Ben or any other police officer that is really interested in how the public perseves them, write to me and I will tell you my personal experiances. It is not the job, or the individual officers it is the mindset of the institutution. I will tell you this on here, I have met one decent officer out of twenty and that seems to be a general consenses here and in the general public. There is good reason for that - it does not come out of no where , it is earned. I will not publicly embarress anyone in particular here but contact me listen to my experiances - you will be ashamed. The reason I make you this offer is I do not want to see it go further - I want my grandkids to be able to look up to authorities I want the police to be respected and you should too.
 hdhighway
Msg: 3 (view)

Why would a man or a woman need to look in a prison to find a partner?
Posted: 3/13/2008 1:15:36 AM
In this country we throw more folks in prison per capita than any other country in the world. It is big big business. 1 out of 4 people are in prison jail probation or parole. Do ya think that that many belong there? Maybe a few are really decent people caught up in the politics of the business? Just a thought............................
 hdhighway
Msg: 463 (view)

Must not do drugs....?
Posted: 3/3/2008 12:54:40 AM
Because very stupid people do not realize that a drug is a drug. They try to throw legal and illeagal into the mix to excuse their own drug use and are in a state of denial or stupidity whatever - you choose.
 hdhighway
Msg: 403 (view)

Must not do drugs....?
Posted: 2/11/2008 3:37:43 PM
Oh for Christ sake - no sense at all - Look, I do not know you - I do not want to know you - Look back on this post and others and try to explain yourself - here you called a very nice lady stupid and uneducated - and do not think anything about it. You are not very nice. POF undoubtedly agrees, they have the record - NO I WILL NOT UNBLOCK YOU please do not use the forums to follow me around and bait me.
 hdhighway
Msg: 401 (view)

Must not do drugs....?
Posted: 2/11/2008 3:15:28 PM
kittenshare - I had to block you because you contacted me with your weak arguments last night and you were not nice. That is why I blocked you - now who are you to say be nice? Then when you were blocked you had your girlfriend play her games with me. Behave? Please - I had POF check all my emails that were sent and recieved as well as the IM because of your girl friends threats. They know exactley how well you behave. Try not to talk with me directly here or elsewhere - if you have any sense and want to stay on here, just leave me alone.
 hdhighway
Msg: 399 (view)

Must not do drugs....?
Posted: 2/11/2008 2:53:46 PM
Carrie - I think it is a disgrace that what someone else does can effect your job. I think it is a disgrace that a man can not put thier energy into something other than selling drugs. ( I include the pharm execs that dump so many drugs on the public that they know they are being abused) I think it is a disgrace that we spend 35 grand a year to house drug users while splitting up and devestating their families. I also think that you desrve to have in your life anything and anyone that gives you happiness. I wish you well. I do know the differance about what the propaganda says about pot and the truth. I own a bar and see every day the damage that liquor does. I do not smoke pot but know the laws are unjust so I say so. Your friend that put you in the middle of his nonsense without you knowing was an ass and the chances are he always will be.
 hdhighway
Msg: 395 (view)

Must not do drugs....?
Posted: 2/11/2008 10:41:35 AM
Carrie - If someone put me in a situation like that - I would be pissed. You have every right to have whoever you choose around you. If you block out the occasional pot smoker, you are blocking some very fine people. If that is your choice to do so, you have that right.
 hdhighway
Msg: 393 (view)

Must not do drugs....?
Posted: 2/11/2008 12:16:35 AM
Although you have every right to not have it around you, and no one would argue otherwise, your "study" is brought to you from the same folks who put Heroin in the same catagory as pot. There are some valid points made in their propaganda mixed with BS. Even if cannibis was determined to be as dangerous as tabbacco, folks smoke much less. They do not tell you that the THC and CBD in cannibis are not cancer causing and actually have anti cancer causing properties. The problems associated with smoke are being avoided by the use of a vaporizer by a lot of people today. I love how they use kids for their "facts" - I remember how much fun we all had filling out those studies. How truthfull do you think those studies are? The bottom line is you copied BS - nothing but- and did not go to both sides of the issue for the truth that you may find somewhere in the middle. Everything in life is a risk I suppose, hide from it in your house and it might burn down. EDIT: For christ sake - I just checked out where some of the information came from - a 1975 study done by the folks who testified that cigarettes do not cause cancer. Brilliant research honey..............
 hdhighway
Msg: 383 (view)

Must not do drugs....?
Posted: 2/10/2008 1:49:15 PM
Dood - You must be a rocket scientist. The only problem I have is when people use misinformation to be judgemental of others. When they use the term "how educated can you be" or "duh" excessivley and I look back at their profile and forum quotes to find 58 misspelled words and even more misinformation - I feel the need to say something. I agree with almost everything you have said and you were able to say it without being judgemental of either side of the debate this has turned into. My hat is off to you..... For some of those that think it is ok to be judgemental... I do think that there should be a box to check that says "must not be ignorant" I would not judge anyone unless that is how they would like to play, then the gloves will come off. I welcome intelligent conversation but truth and honesty must be used to make a point.
 hdhighway
Msg: 376 (view)

Must not do drugs....?
Posted: 2/10/2008 12:46:31 PM
forum 101 -
YOUR QUOTE: YOU BE A PATRIOT, AND FIGHT FOR INJUSTICE, BUT, COULDN'T YOU PICK SOMETHING TO FIGHT FOR, THAT MORE PEOPLE WOULD BENIFIT, AND NOT JUST THE DRUGGIES?

How silly is that!! ANY injustice against anyone is a injustice against us all. It allowes the mindset to exist to descriminate against any group of folks.
 hdhighway
Msg: 373 (view)

Must not do drugs....?
Posted: 2/10/2008 12:20:04 PM
HEY FORUM 101 ..........Who is flaming who???? I did not address you until you addressed me. yep at one time you would have been the scurge of society being a divorcee.... Maybe even strung up as a witch...... It was legal to persecute people like you. Was it right? NO - I would have come to your defense. How many bad situations do you have to decide not to continue? I do think that those bad situations affect your kids, maybe someone should worry if you don't. I do not have a thing against you for having herpes, I do think you should be honest with people about it. Who is pulling crap out of the air? Check your facts. Check my facts. Do not judge others and you will not be judged.
 hdhighway
Msg: 366 (view)

Must not do drugs....?
Posted: 2/10/2008 10:51:30 AM
Ok forum 101 - first I put hardley a thought to my post, but much more than you did. I know you and many like you as long as we are going to be judgemental, YOU bring kids into the world, divorce twice, have herpes and YOU are going to judge others? YOU want to call others stupid? Tell me where you get your information? There are countrys where drugs are legal and the crime that you speak of is not there. Who are YOU to say what is right for anothers own good? Like the seatbelt use, it may save a few lives here and there but the government does not need to micromanage peoples lives. If you remember the first design that only went across the lap, it was mandated but when they found it hurt more than it helped it was redesigned. Do YOU just make this stuff up or follow like a sheep? Did you think it a great idea when later they passed a law allowing the police to pull people over to see if they had on a seatbelt? I suppose a sheep would. Did YOU even consider that they no longer would need probable cause and one more American freedom was eroded? Looking past YOUR nose, it has everything to do with Jews , Indians, slavery, etc, BAD LAWS are just that and they should be opposed. Sorry to be the one to tell YOU, but pot is not something you can get "hooked" on. I am sorry because YOU should have the intelligence to have researched that. I don't smoke pot myself, but I have in the past and by the way the only thing I have been arrested for is peeing in a black only bathroom and protesting the amount of chemicals that Dow piped into a river. YOU be the sheep that you are, I will be a true patriot and protest ( yes maybe more than most) any injustace I see. YOU have every right to associate with whoever YOU want, but if YOU judge expect to be judged. DEAL WITH IT
 hdhighway
Msg: 360 (view)

Must not do drugs....?
Posted: 2/9/2008 10:44:39 PM
I was 14 when I was arrested the first time. I was in Mississippi and used the black only bathroom at a gas station. Being a white boy and somewhat of a rebal and smart enough and patriotic enough to oppose bad laws, when they gave me trouble, I also drank some water from the black only faucet. I was arrested and got my ass kicked over my shoulders, it was illegal. Was it right? Only those with moral integrity and true patriotisim opposed that injustice. Slavery in America is a major black eye for us all. Only those with moral integrity and true patritisim opposed that injustice. Killing off of the Indian Nation was the law of the land. Whas it right? No one with true patritisim and moral interity would say it was. So it is hard to listen to the wawanana wawa of pot being illegal, therfore immoral BS . Only the true patriot and moral Americans are going to stand against unfair and immoral laws. The rest of the sheep will say oh well, it is the law.. just like the german people did when the Jews went to the gas chambers. The sheep of this country are responsible for allowing the jailing of pot users and splitting of families who are only pursueing happiness in their own way, according to our constitution. If it is not your cup of tea I defend your right to not be around it. But to be so judgemental of folks the way you are, to use the weak kneed against the law defence to descriminate against the other half will not do. It shows how patriotic and moral you are.
 hdhighway
Msg: 354 (view)

Must not do drugs....?
Posted: 2/9/2008 2:37:10 AM
Again, it is about being judgemental and using the term character flaw and talking about what is legal and illeagal. I suppose that you would have been burning the witches in Salem, and persecuting the Jews in Germany, after all what is a little ethnic cleansing amoung friends? It was the law afterall. The term character flaw that you use is directed at the wrong folks pal.
 hdhighway
Msg: 69 (view)

have you ever dated a biker and should you tell potential relationships about him
Posted: 2/9/2008 2:13:41 AM
How can this even be a question?? It's not like the guy is a lawyer - polititian - or a corporate lobbyist. Most bikers are much more moral than that.
 hdhighway
Msg: 92 (view)

Then what?
Posted: 1/16/2008 3:14:56 AM
Now that was a whole lot of typing to say nothing. Like hearing yourself talk?
 hdhighway
Msg: 339 (view)

Must not do drugs....?
Posted: 1/8/2008 1:21:05 PM
Ok - Iamjumbo - character flaw? normal person? regular people? We must all go by your standards now? How about this : normal, regular folks without character flaws don't let thier belly get so big that they reularly pee in thier own belly button. That would leave you out of the mix wouldn't it.

Show ALL Forums