Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Age of consent laws:Outdated?
 elikgl
Msg: 62 (view)

Age of consent laws:Outdated?
Posted: 6/10/2008 6:56:56 PM
I know I had a sexual experience when I was much younger. I have no 'regrets' per se about it. I think I turned out fine, based on whatever that could have done to me.

Based on that I don't think I agree with the laws. But I'm sorry to those where it didn't work that way. It's horrible.
 elikgl
Msg: 14 (view)

Virgin at 26?
Posted: 6/10/2008 6:51:51 PM
I'm kind of with you John. I had a sexual experience when I was very young, though, but don't think it was the root of any of my problems..more I believe it was the way i was raised in an environment which made me embarrassed about having a relationship.

Many years later and I'm suffering from it. Not that I'm all that socially awkward, just when it comes to being comfortable meeting someone new and expressing my interest.
 elikgl
Msg: 11 (view)

tired of your society and want to move abroad to find your mate???
Posted: 6/6/2008 8:13:00 PM
I'd do it. I feel something is lacking in people in this neck of the woods. I think no matter where you're from originally, there's always something more tantalizing about people from other cultures/places.
 elikgl
Msg: 51 (view)

Does not having sex while very young damage you?, Thoughts on this-no scorn
Posted: 6/6/2008 8:06:20 PM
I believe I had sex when I was around 5 or maybe 6, at least I know something happened back then with a girl who must have been 15.

To be honest i don't believe i was harmed. I never felt any of it was traumatic and i would say my memory of it was something 'fun' if i'm allowed to say so. i think the real harm was in parents who never made me feel like having a girlfriend was OK, among other issues. So for a long time I've felt quite repressed.

i don't think everyone should all go around trying to 'get some' but i really don't see what the big deal we've made about sex is.
 elikgl
Msg: 410 (view)

Ever Wonder Why Single Men Do Not like Single mothers?
Posted: 6/6/2008 12:44:04 AM
I was up in arms against the ones who shut off a relationship when they found out about the kids, I still am a bit but started thinking about what it entails. Actually what is most dis-tasteful to me is their lack of explanation on why it wouldn't work for them. I can't stand people who think that kids are little sh'ts who disobey everything they tell them, and I don't like the idea of someone with no real interest in a kid's life becoming their parent. So, for the better in that sense. But back to being alone for the parent. People have too many preconceptions of what a 'relationship' is, to me that's the big issue I think.

I personally would love to raise kids, and wouldn't mind being a father past the baby stage to start, which seems like a more difficult time for me to deal with. But I would like to pass the ol' DNA sequence along too.

Here were my thoughts:
-If I started a relationship with someone with kids, I would want to be a figure in the kids' lives. It would also be in the best interest of everybody to hold off meeting the kids until a bit into the relationship. If I do form a good relationship with the kids, what happens when the other person breaks it off with me? That would be gut-wrenching, especially if any time with the youngsters is taken away.

-how far away IS the other parent, anyway? I wouldn't want to deal with them. And if the two despise each other now, somehow they must have met and thought this was a good idea. How do I know that won't happen to me?

-What exactly is the woman expecting of me? Financially? Emotionally? How does her impression of how to raise children fit with mine?

-since I do want kids of my own, is she ever going to want to help me on that front..?

I'm sure I could come up with some others, probably at least as important. All of them are things that I think I could work out, but they're pretty big to be faced with immediately perhaps.

The modern culture has this idea that once you break up with someone you're going to hate their guts and wish them dead and talk behind their backs all day, especially if they had kids with you. And all the stereotypes around it to wit. Well, having had (at least) one relationship go sour at such a late stage maybe it seems ominous already.
 elikgl
Msg: 54 (view)

My son is a 19 year old virgin..
Posted: 6/6/2008 12:23:01 AM
Get him off the thought of 'can't get sex'. The issue is in not having a real relationship.

He might have anxiety or other issues when it comes to meeting women. Find things he likes to do and find out where he can meet with women. Help him feel less embarrassed about expressing his attraction for someone. My family was horrible for this and I'm suffering for it now, and I'm older. Coming from my parents my only impression was that having a 'crush' was something to poke fun at. At least he trusts you enough to talk to you about it.

Show ALL Forums