Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: The school bully
 pistashio
Msg: 84 (view)

The school bully
Posted: 6/1/2013 6:02:38 PM
Agreed but in everyone or a fraction? Even I get frustrated when playing a game which is not going well, then again I find games a great play to vent some steam.
 pistashio
Msg: 82 (view)

The school bully
Posted: 6/1/2013 12:51:32 PM
This is an opinion, he is confident, he gets good grades, wins awards so he feel popular placing I'm at the top of the ladder. Yes this is good in my opinion but because he is at the top of the ladder he feels he has the power of a boss. I see you have a leader child he will probably fly in this world. Leaders also need to learn teamwork, respect to those under him (I'm not saying he does not know these) .

I have played games such as CoD and there is no teamwork in it, I also play assassins creed and that game is "one beats all up." Do i think these games effect his ways as a bully... No but that depends if he is talking about the games and performing actions of the characters in the game. Is he in with the wrong groups while in game? Maybe a pushing group that always feel it is right and rest are wrong.

Does he play sports, football, hockey, even doubles badminton, volleyball? Great ways to get involved with team work. This might be a bit risky but does he have interested in Martial Arts? If so you might enroll him for the discipline aspect of it. If you do talk to the Martial arts school about the problem some are very concerned about kids who bully and educate them more to the discipline side of it.
 pistashio
Msg: 11 (view)

Is this weird?
Posted: 6/1/2013 12:35:03 PM
You know I recall as a kid I was afraid of steps with no rise on the rise/run part of them. Not sure if these are steps you might be talking about but I think this is kinda natural for kids to be scared a little of steps. My opinion is he wants a firm footing before he takes the next step so that he does not fall. I'm sure it will pass and he will be flying up and down with in time. So no i do not think it is weird.
 pistashio
Msg: 80 (view)

Passive-aggressive humor?
Posted: 6/1/2013 12:20:05 PM
Did I find it funny? I rolled my eyes at the "Him" parts.
 Pistashio
Msg: 4 (view)

Getting profile photo's and profile review (I'm male in Regina)
Posted: 6/1/2013 11:15:19 AM
Take a self picture of yourself with a digital camera (use timer) stand against wall with nothing on it (pictures etc ) take a close shot but nothing too close. Last use a room with lots of light to prevent shadows on the wall.

Cannot review your profile yet but try something unique. I wrote my profile as if I was a salesman and got a lot of positive feedback on it.
 pistashio
Msg: 14 (view)

Meeting Strangers
Posted: 6/1/2013 10:14:54 AM
Forgive me I miss read. Public spots are fine, private spots are not.
 pistashio
Msg: 13 (view)

Meeting Strangers
Posted: 6/1/2013 10:13:20 AM
I have a question to you, if I asked you to meet for coffee after two chats what would be the problem? You meet people in bars, at work, malls each day. You pass strangers camping, hiking, fishing ... I see no problem asking to meet in a public place but if you do not feel comfortable with that yet at least say you do not so you can see a reaction.just do not make it sound like a rejection as I bet you will ever hear from him again. Nobody likes rejections.
 pistashio
Msg: 12 (view)

What do you do when you find your ex on here?
Posted: 6/1/2013 10:05:52 AM
Stay on PoF, if he is looking for intimate encounters I doubt he will log in much since as Marcus put it in his letter, "there is about 6000 women looking for encounters of 3 million users and of the 6000 a fraction are women" If I were you I would be laughing. I'm assuming one of the reasons you and he were matched is you are close to each other. Anyway my guess is that he will probably leave the site due to being unable to find someone because of the intimate encounter.most women will not receive message from men looking for encounter o good luck to him.
 pistashio
Msg: 23 (view)

newly seperated..............
Posted: 6/1/2013 9:55:55 AM
I do not see anything wrong with using the site to meet new people away from his/ her friends, or open new doors, or just chat because they (the newly separated) does not feel like going out. Also possible they feel they have a better chance of getting to know someone online than they do in a bar. Maybe they feel more open and comfortable behind the computer than they do in person. I for one have always felt more open behind the computer when talking to new people than I do person took person. If meeting them later comes up I feel more confident and can break the ice easier. Maybe the newly separated is just looking for someone to socialize with while dealing with their issues.
 pistashio
Msg: 6 (view)

There is some much more in the search for a soulmate
Posted: 6/1/2013 9:37:34 AM
You know I'm beginning to wonder if there is a bug in the system. Reason I say this is for 6year I had a PoF account and not one message from anyone. I closed that account and started from scratch. So far two people sent me messages and 2want to meet me. Do not get me wrong though, I felt something was not working right with my old account. This time around I'm not sure of it is me or the account but. I tried to send one lady a reply to her message to me and message I sent never said replied. Then there is the recent letter Marcus sent us that explains that messages will not go through with things such as sexual content in them but Marcus never said what sexual content is. Is it strip and tease in the same sentence despite the fact it could be a joke? So what I am saying is PoF seems buggy since I could sen to one lady but not another.

I do however think people do go after others with looks but seems to me having a good profile does help to get people interested. But over all I think Marcus should be looking at is message system because it seriously seems buggy, programmer to programmer.

Show ALL Forums