Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Lying about age.
 rainman12
Msg: 17 (view)

Lying about age.
Posted: 7/11/2013 10:30:49 AM

Picture one of those American Idol, or any of the knock off shows.

American Idol is a knock off show....just thought I'd point that out since this thread has no real point....
 rainman12
Msg: 2 (view)

Who would you rather date?
Posted: 2/4/2013 11:57:21 AM
C - NEITHER- since there is no other information to determine if there's any other reasons to date this woman besides her preference for crayons and/or run of the mill food.
 rainman12
Msg: 9 (view)

Does time of day matter for the first message?
Posted: 9/21/2012 3:45:05 PM
I would notice the time, but I'd take it in context. If they work shift work, this could be when they got home afterwork. If they have kids, maybe they were busy during the day, but their kid is up all night and they figure this is their chance to message/respond to messages, since they're going to be up anyway. If they're younger, don't have a job/kids to explain it away, I'd think they're probably just out partying, which in itself isn't a bad thing, but it depends what you are looking for.
 rainman12

Is my ex not interested?
Posted: 9/20/2012 3:33:31 PM
About 2 weeks ago he asked me to hang out and I completely avoided that question because I wasn't sure if I wanted to or not. I thought that he would forget about it for awhile. But he asked again the next day, I told him I would but when it came time to nail down a date and time I danced around it and we ended up not nailing something down. A few more days pass and he asks one more time, I figure at this point that he really really wants to see me so I accept and we set up a time to go mountain biking the next day (that was this past sunday).

Maybe he just got the feeling that after putting himself out there 3 times that you only accepted, not because you actually wanted to see him, but more to shut him up. That's how you're coming across in writing, to strangers on the internet - I can only imagine how he sees it from his end, as someone who knows you better from how you've treated him in the past.
 rainman12
Msg: 18 (view)

need advice
Posted: 7/12/2012 7:48:38 PM
I haven't read others' replies, but I figure if he's not making time for you when you're making (or planning to at the very least) time to see him, regardless of it being 6 weeks or 6 years, he's got other things on his mind. You should move on. Others might argue that he's trying not to smother you by spending all his time with you, or that maybe you're smothering him (which may be the case - not sure from my end), either way, f he can't spend a few hours in a weekend after you've travelled to see him) he's probably not interested, or has some steady FBs on the go. Go your own way and find someone who wants to be with you, even if that means moving where ever your job takes you....probably more adventure in that anyways
 rainman12
Msg: 8 (view)

I have never been on a blind date!
Posted: 4/22/2012 1:50:46 PM

I can not cope with the thought of someone not liking me, and I hate awkwardness! Is confidence everything?

Welcome to life. Tough call - if you're too confident, it might turn off some guys that are feeling the same way as you, shy and awkward when meeting someone for the first time. I'll admit that if someone seems shy and timid on their first meet with me, then I think there's reasons for having a second date. And maybe a third.....to find out more! It really comes down to how comfortable you feel with that person, and whether or not you could see yourself opening up more and more, and becoming more comfortable over time - if the answer is yes, GOOD! That's dating - as much as people speak of instant attraction and everything just "clicks"....it's not how it works for a lot of us, it takes a few times to meet and figure out if this is someone we'd like to see more of - that's why it's called dating. Sometimes you know right away if you want/don't want to ever see the person again, but a lot of times you're unsure. You want them to tell you all the reasons why/why not you should see them again, but you're hesitant to do the same....now flip sides of the table at the restaurant and that's how they're feeling.
 rainman12
Msg: 16 (view)

How long is 'intercourse'?
Posted: 3/3/2012 3:45:24 PM
Intercourse is as long as you want it to be. My GF cums fairly quickly so I'm lucky enough I can go back to my beer....

J/K....there's no right answer for this question...hot and bothered quickies can last a minute....slow passionate screwing can last as long as either of you wants.

If you're worried that you're having to hand finish everything - well, keep trying I guess - been there done that from the penis end of it. It doesn't always happen! My GF doesn't always make me cum and vice versa. If it's a thing that happens everytime though, I'd have to suggest that maybe that's just the way life is for you (ee a Dr , do yoga, massages etc though because stress is a sex killer) - if he's any kind of lover he'd still want to pleasure you. Hell I know I find that hot if you grab my hand and guide it all over the place - shows confidence that a gal knows what she wants and wants me to do it even if intercourse isn't the fix.
 rainman12
Msg: 13 (view)

he washes after sex
Posted: 3/3/2012 3:28:36 PM
I prefer having a shower after as well, although I can live without. It's not about you being dirty or anything, and I can agree with the condom ickyness, it's more about me feeling clean....although it's a bit (not total) of a turn off (hygenically and not necessarily emotionally/physically) to be with a...an "unfresh" partner....maybe he feels he's not fresh enough for you, for a second round, or maybe he's sending passive aggressive hints, maybe it's both. Grab some soap and hop in the shower with him - go green, save some water and see what happens! Showering is a good thing!
 rainman12
Msg: 6 (view)

Translation please?
Posted: 8/25/2011 6:47:45 PM
Agreed, cut and paste job. He's casting lots of lines and seeing what nibbles. But like others have said, if you're interested, message him back, if you're not, don't.
 rainman12

Feeling intimidated?
Posted: 2/9/2011 5:05:14 PM
Who's bringing up the dating question anyway?

If you're asking him whether he'd date you, he's probably trying to put it to you gently that he's not that into you and this reason gives him a fairly easy out.

If he's bringing it up, he might be beating around the bush and trying to see if you're open to the suggestion or not before deciding if he wants to pursue it further.

As for the intimidation factor: It's not solely about intimidation, it's a dynamic of intimidation vs interest. From what he's said it sounds like his interest isn't enough to overcome his intimidation. If he was more interested he'd be less intimidated.
 rainman12

So I walk into this Jack-in-the-Box... What should I have said...
Posted: 10/29/2010 7:40:43 PM
....insert sourdough joke here....

Shouldn't have said anything. Should wrote your name and number on the paper sleeve the straw comes in and blown it at her. Classy.
 rainman12
Msg: 7 (view)

Need help deciphering her actions!
Posted: 10/29/2010 7:37:56 PM
OK. Just to sum up what others have said because I'm bored and haven't been round these parts much lately:

She has a BF, BF probably isn't a big fan of the "playing" etc. She's choosing her BF not being pissed over you not being confused. Not rocket science is it?
 rainman12
Msg: 14 (view)

a little advice
Posted: 10/12/2010 7:45:43 PM

playing hockey

Is she a Leafs fan? If either of you are, you should not breed. If she's a Sens fan, go for it.

Ask her out. You already dated a bit....why not suggest seeing if it goes anywhere further. Worst case scenario she laughs it off if you've known each other that long. It might be awkward if she says no, but not a friendship killer.
 rainman12

Talking bout Rings, and weddings....BOOM she with another guy
Posted: 10/11/2010 1:14:27 AM

we have different views on dating, where I generally only date one person at a time, and she doesnt...I found this out the hard way.

A) something to find out sooner rather than later - conversation could have determined this early. B) something that neither one can change about the other. Definite red-flag. This is where you shoulda cut the line, got a new hook and bait and re-cast.

that she also didnt know what she wants relationship/love life wise, because she just hopped from one relationship to another.

Dodged a bullet before you invested any more time. Count yourself lucky.

I'd just like to know more about this kind of situation so that if another woman tries to pull something similar...

We can't help you avoid similar situations, too many variables involved, but beware the red-flags, sounds like there were plenty here that you didn't see or ignored.
 rainman12
Msg: 4 (view)

What shoes to wear???
Posted: 10/11/2010 12:40:49 AM
I like to hear the sound of his weight on a wooden floor. I like a little jangle of a keychain in there too. It's a masculine symphony to my ears.

Or the sound of the janitor. The boots and the keys were like a cat bell, we knew when to run.

Never (to my knowledge) been turned down for a second date because of my shoes. My face and personality on the other hand.....

edit - sorry....left out they should be clean - would you date a girl that showed up for a first meet with dirty shoes? I do think that clean (or at least not super dirty, depending on the situation) would show a little bit of effort on her part. I'd do the same.
 rainman12

hooking up
Posted: 10/11/2010 12:06:02 AM

he told me it's all he can offer me right now so i have to decide if i'm ok with that.

...think about this for a bit....we'll get back to it.

...it's not like we haven't spoken since...

And what have you talked about? The weather? Thanksgiving plans? The Canucks naming Henrik as their captain? Kinda possibly important info.

he told me it's all he can offer me right now so i have to decide if i'm ok with that.

Oh yes, back to this. One, first decide if you're ok with this. We can't answer that for you. Two, this sorta sounds like a cop out. He might be trying to get the milk without buying the cow from the sounds of it. There might be other girls in the picture or he might just legit not be interested in anything more than some hook ups or he might just be waiting to see what your reaction is.
 rainman12

Future children
Posted: 10/10/2010 11:55:10 PM

^^^If OP adopts or become a foster parent, then he might as well have kids of his own.

Or, you know, he could adopt or become a foster parent (reiterating ThNewDeal). Have the joys of having a kid without his s/o being pregnant and pushing one out, or if he meets someone unable, but willing to have kids.... Plus there's plenty of kids out there that don't have picket fences and all that good stuff. Plenty of good reasons to not have biological children.

Also, what if you meet someone with kids already? Being 29 that's a good possibility. I'm agreeing with the majority here - hold off on making a decision, but know that there's plenty of opportunities or alternatives out there worth exploring.
 rainman12
Msg: 3 (view)

SHOULD I ASK HER OUT
Posted: 10/10/2010 11:40:24 PM

no ring, no pic of B/F, and i can tell there is no man living there

Epic. My gf has no ring, no pics of me in her place and I don't live there. You could ask her but odds are she'd say no.

Morale of the story is that you don't know until you ask. Be careful though or there might be some calls to customer service followed by a little chat with your boss.
 rainman12

hooking up
Posted: 10/10/2010 11:32:14 PM
Ummm...so what's the question? You want to hook up again? Well you're pretty hot so just tell him how good it was and that you'd like to do it again. Unless he thinks you were terrible (or just too sloppy drunk) he won't say no.

Or were you looking for more and afraid he might think you're easy for hooking up so soon? Maybe don't get drunk this time?

Either way you're hot, he might think you're slutty, but not desperate.
 rainman12
Msg: 17 (view)

Response to first contact means not interested or?
Posted: 8/11/2010 10:00:54 PM
no response = not interested....granted I didn't read how long it's been since you sent the message and now, but if it's been "read" and not replied to within a day or two....not interested...if it's only been a day or two, give the guy the benefit of the doubt....he could have just been busted at work or something and not had a chance to reply.
 rainman12
Msg: 21 (view)

Is that really how it is?
Posted: 8/6/2010 12:35:14 AM
Wow....I don't know which made me laugh more - "the whoa is me, am I a Nice Guy, do I need to be a douche?".....or the profile that was posted....shame that post will get deleted, the profile belongs in a POF Hall of Fame. Truly epic.
 rainman12
Msg: 12 (view)

Ladies please tell me what is the best compliment a man can give you?
Posted: 8/6/2010 12:28:53 AM

Whether I have her attention or not isnĀ“t important. She has my attention for sure though haha

...ummm, well if you want to go around singing random girls' praises, then keep on trucking. But chances are if you haven't caught her attention, especially with your compliment, it's all for naught.

But like others have said - make it an honest, sincere, preferably original one. I hear that I have gorgeous eyes all the time....usually from the ones that haven't caught my attention. I know I have gorgeous eyes. Tell me how smart I am, that'll get my attention.
 rainman12
Msg: 15 (view)

What part of going green are you struggling with?
Posted: 8/6/2010 12:16:38 AM

but it kinda backfires on a date at times, when I take the paper wrapper's, (like from Panara, subway,....

....Awesome. Subway for a date. Who you dating? Jared? All that walking's pretty green, hope it counts for something ; )
 rainman12

is he possibly interested back?
Posted: 7/19/2010 11:00:11 AM
Don't add him to Facebook - call the bride or other bridesmaids who might know him and get his #....then call!
 rainman12

when does dating bad boys become dangerous?
Posted: 7/1/2010 5:24:44 PM
Hmmm - choice between:

A) Passion hoping it might last forever and might even change for being healthy

B) "Niceness" that will last forever, but won't scratch that "itch"

I know I don't choose the plain yogurt over the hotfudge sundae with sprinkles and nuts knowing that in the long run it'll be better for my heart. It's just what I want. Oooey gooey sticky....I digress....

As for teaching things to her daughter - maybe she's teaching her daughter to follow her heart and not settle for plain yogurt? Maybe the daughter will find some magical non-fat, low carb fudge sundae with massive nuts? Or she can settle for that guy in her math class and have 2.1 kids and 3.2 cars and all the other averages that I can make up on a whim.
 rainman12
Msg: 10 (view)

Do You Ever Talk To Profiles?
Posted: 7/1/2010 12:58:56 PM
Can't say I ever talk at the computer screen when reading a profile, but if there's something worth saying aloud I just might send the POFer a message....seems to work better that way.

Happy Canada Day Irish!
 rainman12
Msg: 12 (view)

I screwed up. How should I fix things?
Posted: 6/21/2010 11:36:08 PM

She replied back and said" ahahha serious? Lol".

Maybe she laughed because she thought you were kidding. In which case you don't have a problem do you, because she thought you were kidding and not some super desperate guy.
 rainman12

Stag nights.
Posted: 6/21/2010 11:05:12 PM
The only guy I ever know that slept with the stripper was the brother of the groom. The one who hired her for the party, and knew her outside of work anyway. The stags I've been on have mainly been party bus/pub crawls and everyone gets so drunk and somehow manages to get lost. Makes for interesting stories the next day, but rarely is there ever any hooking up.....it's hard to have game when you're hammered.

You don't have too much to worry about.
 rainman12

How long to keep a profile up?
Posted: 6/19/2010 8:02:13 PM

Now he has quit calling altogether! Now I see his profile is down. If a guy and a girl start seeing one another, how long should the profiles stay up?

His profile's not down, he's just hidden and contacting women other than you.

Of course, we don't know how long it's been since this convo about the profile, what both parties said, how long it's been down and how long he hasn't contacted you for....so if it's only been a day you might be over reacting.
 rainman12

Is there ANY hope?
Posted: 6/19/2010 7:58:50 PM
Is this a total reverse nice guy thread? The elusive girl who actually like ***holes?

Honey, if you want to stay stuck on an admitted womanizer, who lives in another country, that you apparently always fight with and who thinks you shouldn't be out there banging other guys like he is with other girls....go for it! There is hope. OK, not hope, but fantasy is the next best thing right?
 rainman12

Should I kiss her??
Posted: 6/18/2010 7:29:24 PM

Then I got put in the friends zone any how.

Since then she has been sort of distant from me.

You were probably friend zoned from the get go, and now she thinks she might be leading you on. Or you blew it and she's making sure she's not leading you on further.

Or, maybe just getting that friendship back and suffering through it untill I feel she is completely comfortable with me kissing her again. I am confident I can get back to this point with some time.

Ya - girls love it when you become their friend with the sole intention of trying to win them over later. This plan has never backfired in the history of man.

My idea - next time you hang out, rip the bandaid off so to speak. Kiss her, then you'll know for sure. Either she's cool with it, or you've blown it....but you already admit that you don't think you can be just friends with her, so maybe blowing it will save you some pain of trying to be friends all the while wanting more.
 rainman12

Profile review please? Female opinions needed
Posted: 6/11/2010 11:20:02 PM
More pics never hurt.

Get rid of this:

I'm not a drug dealer, rudeboy or a***hole... So I know most of you women won't be interested. If you actually want a nice guy then message me, but not if you only pretend to want a nice guy (like 99% of women)

It makes you sound bitter and petty. Every "nice guy" thinks that girls only date "***holes" because they're not dating them. Other than that, your profile ain't bad, pretty simple and to the point.
 rainman12

He's going to think I did it on purpose.
Posted: 6/9/2010 8:07:33 PM

Since you would have had lunch with him, have your mutual friends get his number for you.
You call, explaing what MAY have happened and ask him to lunch.

Edit: We dish out advice all day long to strangers asking for advice from other strangers. Why can't WE figure out what to do when it happens to US??

Couldn't agree more. The simple solution is staring you in the face. I doubt he'd spazz if you actually went through the trouble of finding out his number and actually called him. Especially if you give him your number again and he sees that he switched some numbers or got a digit wrong or the wrong area code or whatever. Unless he's unstable, then he'll spazz anyway.
 rainman12

have any other guys experienced this?
Posted: 6/9/2010 12:27:52 AM

what is the motivation, it seems pointless to me and sends mixed signals...

Could be a billion reasons for it ranging from liking the attention and ego boost to being bored at work to being a kid messing around with you using a fake profile and pics to them just plain being a sociopath. This list could go on and on....

It's not nicknamed "plenty of flakes" for nothing. Not much you can do about it except learn from it for the next time it might happen.
 rainman12

Should I continue to ignore him?
Posted: 5/28/2010 8:25:33 PM
As for telling your friend he's off limits - don't get why people are making such a big fuss over that statement. Your friend knows you dated him, it's up to her now whether she wants to risk a friendship by dating this guy. While they're right in saying you can't tell your friends who they can/can't date, you still get to choose your friends, and if dating him is a friendship deal breaker, then so be it. That IS what you can control. From what you said in subsequent posts, it doesn't sound like she wants anything to do with the guy, I'll take that at face value.

Back to the question:

So you've told him you don't want to see him etc and he's still not getting the clue (or just plain ignoring it) then block his number and IM. Depending on your phone service provider it might cost a small fee but worth it IMO. Again, this IS one of those things that you get to choose, you don't want him calling/texting etc then block him. I'd give him one last chance to take the hint though, but be prepared to have him ignore it again.

As much of a "rock" as he may have been when you needed him, you've moved on and decided that he's not what you're looking for. That's your prerogative. Exercise it.
 rainman12

and then he kissed me
Posted: 5/24/2010 6:32:00 PM

He did not meet me in a bar, never even ask me to go to a bar with him. When he was with me he was not drinking like that, we stayed home and wanted to be with each other and he drank a few beers at night.He was really cleaning his act up, and going down the right road with me. He has gone farther back than he has ever been .

I would think any of you that responded would be glad an alcoholic was moving forward and not backwards.

Well from what you describe of his current situation he isn't moving forward now is he?

I may know he is toxic but I simply wanted advice.

And you got advice, people are telling you to avoid him.
 rainman12
Msg: 11 (view)

what did you say?
Posted: 5/23/2010 8:48:17 PM
On the one occasion that I was actually wrong and realized it (not saying there haven't been times I've been wrong and NOT realized it) I said "Hmmm, know what? Maybe you're right"

Pretty simple right?

But then she kept going on and on about it - just one more example of dammed if you do, damned if you don't. Some people just can't handle being right or wrong, they just like to argue.
 rainman12

Never cheated?
Posted: 5/17/2010 11:17:52 PM
Never cheated....never had the chance....sadly it's difficult enough finding one woman interested in me. 2 at once? I must have died and gone to heaven. Or won the lotto.
 rainman12

Cat Problem
Posted: 5/9/2010 9:42:25 PM
OP - You did the right thing and from what you said, I don't think you were in anyway insensitive about it. I'm sure if he's rational he'll see that what you say makes perfect sense, it's more a matter of him being unable to let go.

Off topic - I've always found it curious that as a society it's perfectly legal and moral for us to have our animals put down "humanely", yet we're often unable to do so for family members.
 rainman12

time to end it?
Posted: 5/8/2010 4:13:33 PM
Well I'd say that if she was ended it the first time, she's probably just seeing if she can keep you around as a back up or for an ego boost.

What you do is ultimately up to you. If one or neither of you really want to get back together, then end it, it doesn't sound like you could just be friends with her. But ultimately your choice to make.

My guess, she's messing around with you and you're going to get hurt - move on.
 rainman12

How much contact between then and now?
Posted: 4/28/2010 11:16:46 PM
Kinda behind on the times here - but I'd say, if you haven't done it yet, give her a quick call tomorrow (Thursday) to firm up the plans. If it's her cell I'd think it's acceptable to text with something like:

Hey, we still on at X time and Y place? See ya then.
 rainman12
Msg: 7 (view)

agreed to hang out
Posted: 4/28/2010 11:07:17 PM
Simple - email him back and tell him you'll call him when he gets back. Then call him. Nothing desperate about it, it's called keeping on top of your busy life (you do have one outside of this guy right?).

Suggested wording:

OK, enjoy the weekend, how 'bout I call you Tuesday and we'll figure something out?
 rainman12

Guy lets his GF read his Texts and Emails?
Posted: 4/27/2010 4:23:35 PM
Ya, that's kinda odd but I'm guessing she's the insecure type and he figured it would be easier than constantly fighting about her trust issues.

And what kind of friend asks another friend to pick up laundry anyway?

Regardless, maybe you should remind him that you've been there a lot longer than her and will probably be around longer than her, simply because she sounds a little jealous and insecure - it will probably lead to issues between them before too long.
 rainman12

Response Message, she give her e-mail
Posted: 4/25/2010 2:57:47 PM

An actual real msg or some kind of fake profile? I'm a bit weary about that it could be a fake one but who knows anymore. Haha

Some people don't like to be checking messages from a dating site at work, but a personal email account is more acceptable. Don't overthink things - you emailed her now wait to see what happens. Worst case scenario you get a bit more spam in your inbox. Such is life.
 rainman12

Does this mean he's just not interested or am I over analyzing?
Posted: 4/22/2010 4:56:40 PM
Have no fear - he just decided that he doesn't want you meeting his idiot buddies so soon into a new relationship. Trust me, I don't let girls meet my friends until I know she's really interested in me. That way my friends are less likely to scare her off by being the complete jackasses they are.
 rainman12

Stop The Insantity! Do you ever wonder if you even know how to think?
Posted: 4/20/2010 10:50:42 PM

Married people do laundry and run errands on the weekend.

Sweet. Good to know life won't change a single bit if I ever get married.

OP - could be they're just making conversation with you? Of course if they're talking about you in the break room and at the water cooler you might want to make up some more interesting stories. Think of it sort of like that game telephone. Tell Sally one story and see how it changes by the time Carol comes around to get the inside scoop on your crazy weekend in Vegas....or whatever you feel like making up.
 rainman12

Can two people be friends if one wants more?
Posted: 4/19/2010 10:03:08 PM
Ummm....ya, she held your hand and apparently got done up to hang with you (hence the tizzy about her dress). She is not looking at you as a friend. She's either still wanting a relationship with you, or at least trying to prove that she can win you over. Both are bad news.

1 - Generally it depends on the people, but in this particular case, yes, it's foolish. She's either not over you, or playing games.

2 - Stranger things have happened. I guess it would depend on why the one wasn't attractive to you. People can and do change, so given enough time, maybe they'll change in a way that is more attractive to you.

3 - Well did you try being tactful first? Assuming you did, then she didn't get the message, or ignored it. Blunt was the only remaining option. If you didn't trying being tactful first, I suggest you try it next time. Bottom line though is lots of people don't handle rejection well, whether tactful or blunt. She probably would have been hurt either way.
 rainman12

So, what is a real women??????
Posted: 4/19/2010 9:55:09 PM
Wow. I had to double check your age when I saw your pics. But at the same time I'd assume that by now you'd realize that people put cliches in their profiles all the time to fill up space because they really don't have anything to say about themselves.

And like many cliches, a "real woman" is a pretty subjective term. For some it simply means having the appropriate equipment and not some 14 year old boy on his parent's computer. For others it could mean a fairy princess. Dressed to the nines, no hair out of place, always ready to cater to her man's every need. Think June Cleaver but younger, hotter, a wild cat in bed and with out annoying kids named Wally and The Beaver.
 rainman12

Should I try to make contact??
Posted: 4/18/2010 12:44:52 AM
Ummm ya - agree with everyone else - you're wasting your time, she's not interested or else she would have replied already. That simple.
 rainman12

Another motive here?
Posted: 4/18/2010 12:40:59 AM
Ummm...so the guy appears into you, yet you still need to question it? Ya, he might be laying it on too thick, or he might be a player telling you things he thinks you want to hear. Only way to tell what colour his stripes are is to take a chance. Or not. Choice is yours.

I think the biggest warning sign is your insecurity in the situation. Sounds like possible self-sabotage.

If the guy is all that, what do you have to lose by taking the chance?

Show ALL Forums