Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: New Feature: Men/Women Who Think You are Super Hot
 mike2040
Msg: 94 (view)

New Feature: Men/Women Who Think You are Super Hot
Posted: 12/11/2008 7:48:32 PM
i think the site is accurate. if you want someone that is the complete opposite of you. i know some people say opposites attract, but this isn't even opposite. i think its a shot in the dark at best. so sit back , relax and enjoy the show.its pretty new so it'll be a while before all of the kinks are worked out.

correction: i think its matching depending on wording inside of your profile. similar phrases or similar descriptions.
 mike2040
Msg: 24 (view)

Obama spells doom for America
Posted: 11/20/2008 10:48:13 AM
hmm. now this was the symbol of america. being intolerant, hostile and absolutely ignorant.

i think with obama as president, maybe , JUST MAYBE, people can stop running hoping they can lynch people again. being kind , understanding, and compassionate.

why do i say this. look at some of the comments being thrown. its a joke. an complete joke. the fact we "spread democracy and tolerance". this country cant even tolerate its own citizens, how in the world can teach tolerance if we, as a country cant even stand the person 2 houses down from us . btw, to the OP, congradulations on speaking on generalities and stereotypes. hopefully this will force people to act right towards different cultures and people.
 mike2040
Msg: 14 (view)

Breaking News : Obama tied to embezzlement and voter fraud
Posted: 10/11/2008 7:26:43 PM
Sarah palin will probably be forced to resign from office, if not outright impeached. John Mccain selecting Sarah Palin to be his running mate will go down as one of the worst moves in presidential election history. Picking her as a running mate while knowing the following blows my mind:

1. unfamiliar with the national stage. - This , i can't understand since she was a journalism major, plus people are going to have questions. ducking questions make you look guilty.

2. She's under investigation.- You should have known and prepared for this. she was blood in the water from day 1. now the sharks are eating her up.

as for the impeachment pending, here is the legal terminology-

impeachment also refers to the trial of a public official for charges of illegal acts committed in the performance of public duty. It is the constitutional process, not the conviction or removal from office, whereby the House of Representatives may "impeach" (accuse of misconduct) high officers of the federal government for trial in the Senate.

http://definitions.uslegal.com/i/impeachment/?puslf=gl+defi+Impeachment+Law&gclid=CK2gmseNnpYCFSPCDAodzAmu7g

misconduct - 1: mismanagement especially of governmental or military responsibilities2: intentional wrongdoing ; specifically : deliberate violation of a law or standard especially by a government official : malfeasance3 a: improper behavior b: adultery4: a penalty (as in ice hockey) for improper behavior or abusive language (as toward an official)
— mis·con·duct Listen to the pronunciation of misconduct \-k?n-'d?kt\ transitive verb
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/misconduct

Therefore, Sarah palin being found guilty of improper behavior. (using your powers for a personal vendetta definetly qualifies). improper behavior is also known as misconduct.
kinda like someone getting arrested for criminal misconduct, or improper behavior. Its a synonym. Thats why she can be impeached for this.

p.s.- This effectively kills any credibility she may have left.That sound of glass breaking is the sound of Sarah Palin's image as a Washington outsider and a reformer shattering into a million pieces. Not to mention the platform of "fighting corruption" in washington.

mike2040
Msg: 1 (view)

Breaking News : Alaskan panel states: PALIN found to have abused powers
Posted: 10/10/2008 6:51:31 PM
http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/10/10/palin.investigation/index.html

Republican vice presidential nominee Sarah Palin abused her power as Alaska's governor by trying to get her ex-brother-in-law fired from the state police, a state investigator's report concluded Friday.
Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin is under investigation for the firing of her public safety commissioner.

Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin is under investigation for the firing of her public safety commissioner.

"Gov. Palin knowingly permitted a situation to continue where impermissible pressure was placed on several subordinates in order to advance a personal agenda," the report states.

Public Safety Commissioner Walt Monegan's refusal to fire State Trooper Mike Wooten from the state police force was "likely a contributing factor" to Monegan's July dismissal, but Palin had the authority as governor to fire him, the report by former Anchorage prosecutor Stephen Branchflower states.

However, it states that her efforts to get Wooten fired broke a state ethics law that bars public officials from pursuing personal interest through official action.

Monegan has said he was fired in July after refusing pressure to sack Wooten, who had gone through an acrimonious divorce and custody battle with Palin's sister.

Palin and her husband, Todd, have consistently denied wrongdoing, describing Wooten as a "rogue trooper" who had threatened their family -- allegations Branchflower discounted.

I conclude that such claims of fear were not bona fide and were offered to provide cover for the Palins' real motivation: to get Trooper Wooten fired for personal family reasons," Branchflower wrote.

The Branchflower report states Todd Palin used his wife's office and its resources to press for Wooten's removal, and the governor "failed to act" to stop it. But because Todd Palin is not a state employee, the report makes no finding regarding his conduct.

The bipartisan Legislative Council, which commissioned the investigation after Monegan was fired, unanimously adopted the 263-page public report after a marathon executive session Friday. About 1,000 more pages of documents compiled during the inquiry will remain confidential, the council's chairman, state Sen. Kim Elton, said.

Rep. John Coghill, a Republican who criticized the handling of the investigation, said it was "well-done professionally."

But he said some of the conclusions were judgment calls by Branchflower, and recommended readers should view them with a "jaundiced eye."

Palin originally agreed to cooperate with the Legislative Council inquiry, and disclosed in August that her advisers had contacted Department of Public Safety officials nearly two dozen times regarding her ex-brother-in-law.

But once she became Sen. John McCain's running mate, her advisers began painting the investigation as a weapon of Democratic partisans.

Ahead of Friday's hearing, Palin supporters wearing clown costumes and carrying balloons denounced the probe as a "kangaroo court" and a "three-ring circus" led by supporters of Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama.

The state senator managing the probe, Sen. Hollis French, fueled those complaints with a September 2 interview in which he warned the inquiry could yield an "October Surprise" for the GOP. But Palin's lawyers already had begun pushing for the state Personnel Board to launch its own investigation, calling it the proper legal venue for the matter.

Well, i think its safe to say we now have our October Surprise!

Click any of the Links below to access these Forum Categories:

Closed, but
accessible Forums
»»
Politics
Current Events
Religion

Related Links:Changes to Forums
Links Removed

For the Time being, there is ZERO Tolerance for Trolls posting Flamebait,
Insults, or peddling Agendas. Automatic 28 Day minimum Vacation Package.
    Don't post here if you can't keep your "Cool"

Report offensive Posts as usual in the Forum Rule Violations Report Thread
 mike2040
Msg: 53 (view)

Will Palin's interview change things? Will she campaign alone? Is it now Obama/Palin?
Posted: 10/9/2008 4:07:01 AM
ok, 22-eagle, why again am i a racist???
she has never dealt with international cities. its a FACT. she may have dealt with eskimos, but makes no reference to it. The incident in FL on monday says it all. palin enticing people to chant racial slurs , then to attack people covering her own event. all of this was going on while standing there with that sick sadistic smile on her face.
 mike2040
Msg: 51 (view)

Will Palin's interview change things? Will she campaign alone? Is it now Obama/Palin?
Posted: 10/8/2008 4:36:05 PM
what has palin exactly done, on a higher interactive level? meaning, how does she interact with people? I've noticed that there is very little footage of her interacting with people in major cities. This is not a knock against small towns. however, its nice she can sit in a cafe in a crowd of a few. but seriously, can she cut it in the big time like in NY, LA, Chicago, detroit?

The $64,0000 question is?
can she interact with different cultures? Its nice that she got elected and got involved in politics, but if she cant interact with ALL AMERICANS, not just the ones that like her, then how in the world can she be president of the united states?? ? if that is going to be the case, might as well go and get Rudolph Gulianni, then just relive the late 90s of him being mayor IN NYC.
 mike2040
Msg: 26 (view)

Which states will election come down to?
Posted: 10/6/2008 4:02:13 PM
you aint just whistling dixie brotha!

mccain may be done. no. he IS Done.

currently, obama is sitting at 264! its over. Its 1 month out and McCain is sitting at 185.
you only need 270 to win. McCain giving up on Michigan was the final nail in the coffin. how in the world he's losing in virginia and North Carolina is beyond me. There is only 1 explanation for this. he runs a piss poor campaign. all of the tossup states are breaking for obama, minus Indiana. Mccain's lead in indiana is only 2 points.

would anyone like to read Mccain his last rites ??

sources : Real Clear Politics.com
OBama wins by landslide.
 mike2040
Msg: 9 (view)

The US Electoral College System
Posted: 10/5/2008 4:50:11 AM
mnheath4 is right. elminating the electoral college, and going with the popular vote would be a bad idea. going by popular vote ,would effectively eliminate the midwest and the middle of the country. The only places that would matter is the west coast ,the north east, and part of the south. do you really want to do that?

note: NY,NJ,CT,VT,MA,PA CA,OR,WA,MI,FL,Tx.

thats about it and how it would look. id seriously reconsider the popular vote logic again.
they had the electoral college so that everyone in the country would have a say.
 mike2040
Msg: 208 (view)

Will Obama Take Biden Off The Dem Ticket?
Posted: 10/4/2008 2:15:13 PM

Obama was in Michigan yesterday when he spoke to the African American audience and told them to get "Homey and Rae-Rae off the couch " to register to vote (for him).
That was supposed to be funny, right?

it was actually "pookie and ray- ray" ,but that's beside the point.
the whole point was that some relatives call friends and family members by nicknames. He did it to relate to families that call family members and friends by nicknames . This is common with some african-americans. growing up, people gain nicknames by various reasons.The nicknames stick until they die.

special note: biden is here to stay. sadly, so is palin. just keep her away from any morning /daytime softball talk shows and she might make it through october.

mike2040
Msg: 12 (view)

Sarah says Katie annoyed me
Posted: 10/4/2008 12:37:34 PM
ack!

only 1 main thing that is being missed by some people about the interview.

ITs friggin katie couric!! The TODAY SHOW, softball, baseball practice, easy questions. how in the hell do you screw that up?? This is what we call hard journalism??

If you cant handle questions and are stumped by katie couric, your in the wrong profession.

mike2040
Msg: 25 (view)

NY Post: OBAMA TRIED TO STALL GIS' IRAQ WITHDRAWAL.
Posted: 10/1/2008 4:18:36 PM
ok, this is ridiculous. time for a reality check.

This is not even a news story for a number of reasons. :

1.THere are no other collaberating information pieces that go to this story.

2.Its not even a real news story! its an OP-ED piece , an opinion column.

3. Please oh please dont try to pass off opinion editorials as real news. (its in the section marked OPINION for a reason!)

4. Editors generally write opinion columns on information they may come across, but are completely different from an actual news story. opinion pieces do not require sources as it merely the writers opinion on a situation!

thank you, goodnite , and be sure to tip your waitress!

p.s. - if worse come to worse, look up fact and opinion . that will show the difference between the two.

mike2040
Msg: 80 (view)

Troopergate...
Posted: 9/20/2008 11:13:35 PM
To sum up troopergate in 1 word : DEJA VU

we already had an vice president that was uncooperative, stubborn and hard-headed. do we really need another 1 ?

here's an few example
cheney:

the plame case.****cheney refused to cooperative. cheney's assistant charged with obstruction of justice, nimerous suspicions about the outting of a CIA agent.

the 9-11 commission . refusal to co-operate. refusal to give statement on recording, let alone under oath .

rallies: pre-screened crowds.(and im not talking about weapons either)

pailin:

"troopergate" - refusal to cooperate in investigation. possible obstruction of justice.

"no comment"- refusal to give interviews, take questions from voters, or interact on a non-question basis.

rallies-"see rallies under cheney.

here we go again
 mike2040
Msg: 19 (view)

Helms Dies
Posted: 7/5/2008 8:54:04 PM
http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0708/11530.html

well, as it has been stated earlier in this forum,
if you cant say anything nice" .............

special note:

im just waiting for his "love children" to appear. please see "strong thurman" to see and understand what im talking about. it wouldnt suprise me in the least.

let me also add its kinda ironic that he was seen as a conservative icon of the republican party. But at the same time , Helms had the biggest issues with civil rights for all people, especially African-Americans.
 mike2040
Msg: 8 (view)

Saturday Night Live Sends the Media a Wake-Up Call!
Posted: 3/4/2008 3:56:14 PM
i think hillary has gotten that call one time too many!

seriously, experience at what? the longer your in washington, the darker your soul turns. Lets be honest about this. its mostly playing "lets make a deal". people just want a fresh start . hell, he was a community leader. thats better than most people, in my opinion. if you think about. who's better at dealing with people? someone who worked in executive offices or someone who works with people day in and day out. most execs are clueless about their employees or what goes on at the lower levels. i'll take the community leader any day of the weak over the exec.
 mike2040
Msg: 37 (view)

Ralph Nader considering an 08' run?
Posted: 3/2/2008 8:19:41 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shadow_congressperson

they have 2 people that are selected. he could easily run for this. just a thought. That way, he would have a voice .
 mike2040
Msg: 36 (view)

Posted: 3/2/2008 6:08:21 PM
wait a sec!! Jessie Jackson was a Senator for DC. They have representatives in the house as well. more like A representative. bit nonetheless, they are there. i don't believe he lives in DC at all. If he did, then why didn't he run for office.

something else that bothered me is that they had an vote to ALLOW voting for D.C. residents. where was Nader on this? NOWHERE TO BE SEEN! he didn't even put his name on any of the ballots in DC. like i said, if he was serious, he would tout to get on the ticket or bring attention to it. but no, his ego trumps all and largely ignores this issue.
 mike2040
Msg: 33 (view)

Posted: 3/1/2008 2:44:03 PM
something odd about nader that has always bothered me , but nobody has ever said it:

Nader has never held a public office! Ever! Not even a community leader, dogcatcher or anything. The only records of him are about nader running for president. This screams even more about ego. People generally get involved in politics because they want to make a difference. not to gripe.

Something even odder i've noticed about nader. He seems to be a 1 issue candidate. from my observations of nader, along with information researched on him, he is primarily only about 1 main item. Corporations and how people aren't going after them. I commend mr. Nader for taking a stand. However, he seems to largely put out 1 quote statements on other issues. On his campaign website, he has put out 12 statements that matter to him. Thats it. Nothing else. NO explanation , no solutions, just a statement. Thats all. However, if you look at anybody else , including Green Party candidates, they at least state what they would do to remedy these issues. Not to mention that everyone else at least stated how they would approach different issues. Touting what you don't like is one thing. Trying to run to in order to get involved to get results is totally different.

Maybe somebody can explain this 1 question to me:

why has he never ran for senator, congressman, or anything else? The only thing he has ran for is president. Nothing else. But yet he complains about the people in congress and in the Senate. If he is dissatisfied with senators and congressman in his district, then why not run for public office? This is what i call the put up or shut up campaign. Nader seems to always have an complaint about how corrupt person "a" is, and how they cant do a good job. Hey, take their job. its not like your doing anything else with your time , other than complaining. Just my take on things.
 mike2040
Msg: 19 (view)

Posted: 2/24/2008 7:15:05 PM
like i said at the beginning of this forum.

Ralph Nader is running purely on his ego!
some of you may say that is not true. On the other hand , the Green party has NOT nominated their CANDIDATE to run for President. their nomination for the party is not until August. How sad , he is waisting the time of people. By declaring an indepedent now, it only shows himself to be an hippocrite. This only makes it harder for people who might run for president from other parties to be taken legitimately. The whole thing sings of self promotion.

odd enough,
he could've easily stated that he was running independant from the get go. nader could've started back in 2007 like Everyone else. Instead, he seems to be trying to play the figures. Either get on as an indepedent or green party. what does it say about him? he wont even stick around for his own party's nomination. If he was going to do this, why not do it when everyone else was starting out? i'm just wondering, thats all. you just lead on people who were voting and campaining for you in the green party to just ditch out before the rest of the campaign is even concluded. so much for sticking it out until the end.
 mike2040
Msg: 20 (view)

MORE INFORMATION ON THE GUNMAN !!!
Posted: 2/15/2008 10:54:15 PM
http://www.cnn.com/2008/US/02/15/university.shooting/index.html

you cannot make this up!

apparently, the gunman of the Virginia Tech and of North Illinois University.Bought their guns off the internet from the same dealer!!! I mean, cmon, this is just ridiculous! Two tragedies, and all from the same company?

TGSCOM Inc. is the company that sold the guns in both tragedies. Im not blaming them for the right to sell guns. im just wondering how well are their background checks?

so much for background checks. apparently any idiot can get a gun. I was certain that it was illegal to ship guns over state lines.
 mike2040
Msg: 10 (view)

Senator Clinton
Posted: 2/8/2008 10:02:47 PM
willy, it has to do with the 1 drop rule.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/One-drop_rule

in the USA, if you ever had any trace of an african american (black) in your family tree, you are considered black by default. that is why obama is considered black. its an very old generalization. in some ways, i think this is good for the nation. It proves the point that it is now forcing the country to move forward or address issues that have been considered taboo, and to be buried .never to be spoken of again.
 mike2040
Msg: 32 (view)

Evolution and the Presidential Race
Posted: 2/2/2008 11:13:45 AM
what is this world coming to? presidential nods:

ack! no belief in science?? but room for creationism? ok boys and girls here's an crash course back to middle school.

anybody remember the scientifc method?

1.identify,or state a PROBLEM
2. RESEARCH the problem
3. present a HPYOTHESIS
4. PROCEDURE -
experiment A
experiment B
control

5.SUMMARY of collected date

http://www.sciencebuddies.org/science-fair-projects/scientific-method3.shtml?gclid=CI_uyuCOppECFQ66PAodajjhfw
As you can see. the scientific method has been used to solve technical and science issues for years and years. lets look at your theory.

creationism. - its stated that its A reglious BELIEF. NOT A SCIENCE!!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Creationism

Creationism vs Scientific Method

SCIENTIFIC METHOD WINS HANDS DOWN!!!
creationism isn't based on anything except religion. its not a science period. Its just like having bible study at school. that is all that it is. Nothing more. furthermore. it (creationism) cannot be proven. period.
nice try!!

bottom line- How can anybody vote for someone who doesn't believe in science? so it just happend because it was going to? yeesh. its even scarier that its even an presidential issue. we've already seen what happends when you elect someone who doesn't believe in science. it would be nice to see someone to actually endorse science for a change.
 mike2040
Msg: 28 (view)

Red flag or every right to be angry?
Posted: 2/1/2008 7:56:19 PM
ok, here's MHO about this:

1. being late all the time says 1 thing and 1 thing only. "I'm important and you don't matter to me".

2, making excuses for it. - shows lack of self discipline, lack of consideration for others , no self motivation to improve, and a selfish attitude.

3, his behavior. not the best. basically, hes at the breaking point and wants out. he realizes that he doesn't mean $#it to you.

seriously. you need to grow up and take responsibility. Your not a little kid anymore. If someone was doing this to me, i'd break it off without even thinking twice. what does that say about you? telling me to show up and leave me waiting somewhere? then just stroll up when you felt like it? i could understand the first few times, but if this was an regular occurance, i wouldn't want to be with you. Always treat people the way you want to be treated. my best suggestion, get help . anyway... how exactly do you even keep an job? you cant even show up anywhere on time with this person? if you can find time for other things, you can find time for him. unless, he doesn't mean anything to you and you just treat him as such. i think thats the real truth. he's pissed and your loving every minute of it.
 mike2040
Msg: 11 (view)

Posted: 1/30/2008 1:27:21 PM
http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2008/01/30/nader-takes-steps-towards-another-white-house-bid/

hmm. no mention of the green party either.

ego trumps all.
 mike2040
Msg: 5 (view)

Barack Obama won the SC Primary!
Posted: 1/26/2008 8:07:29 PM
I believe they thought he would win by 5%. Nobody had him winning by nearly 30%. That is considered a blowout by any proportion. Its Obama 2 , Clinton 1. People are shocked that he won by such a huge margin. whether she conceded or not, she still has consider this to be a major issue. She was shown in the lead as well.The polls they are referring to are:
Reuters, USA Today, Wall Street Journal, and Zogby.
 mike2040
Msg: 77 (view)

Hi ~ what's your take on IM's and Texting?
Posted: 1/24/2008 10:15:55 AM
wow.

as i was saying before. Msging is primarily used for communication purposes . The whole purpose of im was so that people who were in two different locations could communicate at once. unfortunately, not everyone can call across the country, let alone the globe. Mostly real time communication. Businesses use this as well.

I'll agree that people are getting ridiculous with shorting up of words and abbreviating everything. Just basically say what you've got to say, and be done with it. There is no need to make communication so difficult and hard with other people.

Earlier , i stated that this was an generational gap. I have to stand by this. I am basing this off of my "Job Experience". Working for an Internet Service Provider ( or ISP as it is listed in the Tech Industry) was no picnic. This is also based off of my perception of people based off of my interaction working technical support. Not to mention my experience at technical schools.

The way i am compiling my information is based off of the following premise:
1. the willingness of accepting information.
2. The ability to be cooperative
3. The acceptance of constructive criticism.
4. Adamant opinion.( i know all )
5.unwilllingess to cooperate
6.insubordination of colleagues.
7.Sheer arrogance of ageism. (e.g I'm older and been around longer, so i know more than you.)
8. No patience . The #1 absolute sheer killer and cause of 75% of all issues.
9. know it all complex. I've done blah, blah blah ( whatever you have done is great. but don't act like a prick because you have.) This reminds me of the 50 something year old , that can't be told anything, done it all. knows it all. smarter than everyone in the situation. but yet will be the first one to have issues with everything going on. sadly, he/she has burned bridges and is on their own.

I have no patience for illiteracy and most text messages I have seen are exactly that

That further proves my point. just like i said in # 9. NO patience. "i shouldn't have to". The older you get, the more set in your ways you become.(more of #7)

agian, this is my opinion, based off of my experiences with im/text
 mike2040
Msg: 151 (view)

The American Flag...Gotta Read!!!
Posted: 1/20/2008 10:57:40 PM
I think it has already started. People who disagree, dissent,oppose, protest, or just so happen to question anything are seen as "unamerican".

so i have this question to all these "patriots " ( and i use term loosely). what are we fighting for? what are we dying for? the right to what? agree and sit in silence. NO! to stand up for what you believe in. even in unpopular times. so, from one american to another, i salute the women who is send the distress signal loud and clear . "we hear your cry for help. It shall be answered......soon".
 mike2040
Msg: 70 (view)

'abstinence only' in sex education?
Posted: 1/20/2008 10:40:18 PM
I remember this in highschool. Famous student lines:

student :" my kid would never do anything like that.
me: you'd be amazed what your kid would do when your not home"

note: NEVER SAY NEVER. its almost certain to happend at that point.

just simply dont do anything and you'll be fine.

yes, but lets get real. abstinence only education has failed miserably. It's also amazingly inaccurate . I thought if your going to prove a point. at least get it right.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21670758/
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,308898,00.html
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A26623-2004Dec1.html
http://thinkprogress.org/2007/04/13/abstinence-only-programs-have-failed/
http://www.populationconnection.org/Action_Alerts/alert532.html

The links also show that the program has ZERO IMPACT on teens.
 mike2040
Msg: 15 (view)

Giants VS. Green-Bay
Posted: 1/20/2008 10:15:02 PM
OMG, ITS THE APOCALYPSE ! RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!!!!

i dont believe this!!! It's a miracle!!! there are no flags on the field!!!!

opps. wrong nfl moment

Im shocked. after growing up. year after year, in the NYC Metropolitan area watching the Jets with their paper bag hats and the giants choke. im shocked.

Its almost unreal. year after year after year of the high hopes and disappointing draft picks.(minus the 2k team.). it was rough and had learned to not get your hopes up high. look at what happends. they WIN THE NFC

CONGRATS TO BIG BLUE!!! GO G- MEN!!!

NOTE: ive been following them since dave brown was QB. Phil simms, very little i remember. mostly because i was very young at the time.i do remember when retired though.
 mike2040
Msg: 45 (view)

Being truthful doesnt always work
Posted: 1/19/2008 5:06:42 PM
Honesty is the best policy. always. justifying lying to meet your needs is always a bad idea.
Here is an famous movie quote:

"I WANT THE TRUTH!

YOU CANT HANDLE THE TRUTH!"

obviously, this is a movie. its just an example. one person justifying lying to meet his needs. The problem is too many people use that logic.
 mike2040
Msg: 30 (view)

Hi ~ what's your take on IM's and Texting?
Posted: 1/19/2008 4:15:38 PM
I think its more of a generational gap. IF your much older, your not going to have much patience for texting, iming, msging, or voice mail forwarding.Let alone the internet. I think its an interesting advancement of communication and connectivity. I've worked in tech support once so i'm familiar with technology. generally, the older the person was , the less patience the person had (up to a certain point). however, younger is no picnic either.(actually , younger people were easier to deal with sometimes)

Basically, technology is changing and advance .people who like to hold onto the "old guard" want no part of it. I think it scares them and reminds them of how old they really are.

I'm not saying that older people don't use this technology. Just my experience from the line of work i did.
 mike2040

Judge Allows Nevada's `At-Large' Democratic Caucuses
Posted: 1/19/2008 8:26:05 AM
This move, in my opinion proves 1 thing and 1 thing only. She's scared and is trying everything she can. She wants to win at any cost. That takes determination and some severe desperation. To win at any price or any cost. Is it just me or does Hillary keep shooting herself in the foot?
 mike2040
Msg: 1761 (view)

do men actually exist that date women with kids??
Posted: 1/18/2008 11:17:28 PM
i meant, as in a gf/bf kind of dating.( i haven't dated a women YET as my girlfriend with kids. mostly , because i've never met a single mother who was interested in me.) but its like dating anyone else really. it s not a problem at all. maybe because i haven't met an women with children yet. like girlfriend wise or dating wise.

( i was apprehensive when i was younger because i didn't wanna screw up! didn't want to mess up or give an bad impression on a child. so i used to shy away from it. but now, i dont)
 mike2040
Msg: 1759 (view)

do men actually exist that date women with kids??
Posted: 1/18/2008 10:04:38 PM
I've never dated a woman with kids. At first i was a little apprehensive. mostly because i didn't know what to expect. the 1st two people i dated immediately demanded to know if i was going to be a father for their children. (keep in mind its still early in the relationship). another person was pretty laid back and it was like a normal date. that was when i was younger though, I'm older now. I wouldn't mind dating someone who has children.
 mike2040
Msg: 158 (view)

If George W bush is doing so bad why is the economy doing so good?
Posted: 1/18/2008 6:40:21 PM
"cooking the books " is how he did it.

anyone here ever heard of "under-employment"?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Underemployment
http://www.investorwords.com/5835/underemployment.html

basically, people are working at jobs that do not require the skills they learned. equivalanet of someone who has an bachelors degree in network technology working at a help desk position. Another example is an construction worker at a supermarket stocking shelves. Jobs that require little or none of their knowledge about their trait skills. Not to mention much lower pay. They're basically working at that position because they cannot become employed anywhere in their field since jobs are not available. They took any job they could find at the time in order to survive.
 mike2040
Msg: 52 (view)

Is politics a deal breaker for you?
Posted: 1/18/2008 10:09:15 AM
Hmm dating someone who follows politics? this could be interesting. My parents instilled in me to follow news, politics and current events. The world is bigger than your block,city, state , or country. I've Been following it since middle school.

as for dating someone on a different political side of the aisle. it could work, theoretically.But there has to be mutual respect. Lots of it. Otherwise, forget it. both of you will probably fight all the time and no respect will be shown.
 mike2040
Msg: 12 (view)

Girlfriend wants to maintain friendship with ex-boyfriend
Posted: 1/18/2008 2:22:00 AM
Its over. plain and simple. she wants out, but doesn't have the guts to say so. anyone who threatens to leave whenever there is a hint of trouble, is already gone.

Something else that has caught my attention is the mention of ex-boyfriends. im noticing that there is no mention of just my friend. If she is continually referring to these people as ex's and not friend's, you have a real problem. i don't think someone keeps hanging around someone they use to date ,and says they're my ex. but never say they're just my friend. the fact she went to dinner knowing that it made you uneasy says it all.

my advice. cut your losses. it sounds like its been over for a while, why not make it official?
 mike2040
Msg: 39 (view)

Do you think this is creepy?
Posted: 1/17/2008 7:33:31 PM
you know there is a trick you can do on the phone , right?
there are tons of things you can do for safety purposes on the phone.
 mike2040

Posted: 1/17/2008 1:33:06 PM
I have a simple, rather confusing question?:

what in the world is wrong with ralph nader? The man seems to want nothing more than attention. Nader never was a serious candidate. Ross Perot was a more serious candidate than Ralph Nader. Nader wasn't in the race from the get go. He didn't try to jump in to be a legitimate candidate either. I say this because of his record.

Nader has a notoriously bad record of jumping into the race with less than a year to campaign, or challenge anyone. You cannot be taken seriously if you jump into a race at the last minute. Not enough time to get noticed.

pat buchanan, ron paul, ross perot. Different candidates that actually have a deep base following who jump into it from the start. Nader however, waits towards the spring or summer with less than 4-6 months to election day to jump into the race. The rest of these candidates have larger following, in my opinion than nader ever could dream of.

What destroys his chances is his statement of :
"if person "a,b,c..etc gets nominated, then i'm going to run against them". This comes off as someone who is running for all of the wrong reasons. Nader seems to be more about his ego than getting his message across. He may have a legitimate message, but has a very odd way of showing it.

note: yes i am aware that he is running for the Green party nomination. The odd part is , in his quote, he stated he'd run based off of Who Won the nomination. Not, whether or not he was selected by the green party. That little quote further proves my point that he is only running to satisfy his ego,and not for the people.

Even odder, he never mentions to people that he is going for the green party,only that hed run off of another party. He is blowing his chance of getting the nomination.

mike2040
Msg: 21 (view)

EDWARDS AND OBAMA TICKET ALREADY SET FOR DEMS
Posted: 1/17/2008 6:38:28 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bradley_effect

Bradley effect
n. the difference between the number of people who vote for a black candidate and those who say they will or would. Subjects: English, Politics, Race .
 mike2040
Msg: 18 (view)

was i being childish?
Posted: 1/17/2008 6:26:47 AM
tigger, thats exactly my point.

" I wanted him to know how badly he's hurt me in the past"

thats the main problem. You want him to know. As far as he is concerned, he doesn't care and you were yesterday's news. the best thing to do is to just chalk it up as a learning experience, and move forward. The more you try to hold onto the situation, the worse it'll be for you. If he even looked at you or considered being with you, it would be a complete joke. you could never fully trust someone like that again, and you know it.

so take a few deep breaths, and let it out. after that, just move on from there.

start fishing for friends, not dates. friends.
 mike2040
Msg: 43 (view)

Latin people
Posted: 1/16/2008 7:15:27 PM
I love latina women. *must think clearly*. very very passionate women. i love that in all women.
ellos bonitamos senroas.

mike2040
Msg: 15 (view)

Posted: 1/16/2008 2:32:50 PM
correct! Edwards has mass appeal in the South, along with the Midwest. According to the Zogby poll,this is the most powerful duo that could win the democratic ticket. Hillary fall well into the margin of error for polling.

note: Obama forgot about the "Bradley Effect" in New Hampshire.
 mike2040

Fiance says Party to get it out of your system You have 16 days.
Posted: 1/16/2008 2:15:50 PM
I've heard of this before. have their spouse one last chance to "sew those oats" so that there are no excuses when they are married. Very risky, and tricky as well. Normally, it would scream to the high heavens of a trap. But then again, who knows these days.
 mike2040

was i being childish?
Posted: 1/16/2008 2:07:42 PM
Two words. Start Over! forget everything you know about him, or that you even had anything with him. start from square 1.

i agree with mahogany. find people who neither one of you have an contact with. find a new place to hang out as well.

but most importantly: acknowledge that it is over and put that part out of your life forever!
as for the items accumulated. Give em away to people who want them, or donate them.

As for your items. forget them. chalk it up to a loss. no need to have reminders.
 mike2040
Msg: 134 (view)

Why Would an Adult do This to a Child?
Posted: 1/16/2008 1:55:26 PM
IMHO:

YOU need god, jesus, buddah, muhummad. Something. Anything. proabably some counseling would really really help. IF it has been over 5 years ago, its time to move on. For some odd reason, you seem hung up on something that happend when you were 15 years old. Get over it. but seriously, if your 20 years old and reliving something from your freshman or sophmore year of high school. Id seriously consider getting counseling. If i went off about every single bad experience, id be here til i was a old man.

Look , i know it may of have hurt when you were younger. but move on, the more you hang onto it. the more its going to hurt. I think emotionally, and psychologically. you've been damaged. Only time , peace, and a professional can help.
 mike2040

Inconvenience Stores
Posted: 1/16/2008 11:12:14 AM
Look up DJ SCREW.

DJ SCREW was a famous DJ. He died of a codine overdose. After that famous death, along with rampant meth epidemic, they started monitoring the parts very heavy. Apparently, common sense doesnt exist anymore. how much does the avg person need? now if someone bought 1 or 2. i could say fine. but the fact that someone buys 1 box raises all kinds of flags says over protections. now how obvious would it have to be to see someone with 5 or 6 boxes of cold medicine? wouldnt that cause an little bit of suspicion?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DJ_Screw

Another item is "syrup sipping". drinking cold medicine to get high. mixing it with sprite and jolly ranchers. often refer to as "purple drank". The sedatives in the cold medicine was used to get high. again, a little common sense goes a long way.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Purple_drank
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sippin%27_on_Some_Syrup.
 mike2040
Msg: 117 (view)

Right to work Vs. Unions
Posted: 1/15/2008 9:33:16 AM
hmm. right to work - see "At will Employment".

basically . two different policies. same result.

I'd take an union job over the non-union job any day of the week. Companies have been show time and time again to abuse the "at-will" policies. just for example, why in the world do you think we have minimum wage laws and osha?

Would you really want to work at a job that is at will? Are you willing to risk your home, your family and health just to work there, to come in and be "let go" because they want to (insert reason here?)

But of course i could be wrong and the "free market" will fix all of this right?
 mike2040
Msg: 10 (view)

Posted: 1/14/2008 10:11:44 PM
a conspiracy theory? Midtown, what are you talking about?

what i found even more interesting is that when i tried searching for Hillary Clinton as a running mate. I only came up with a poll. It only stated who will be Hillary's running mate?
it was Bill Clinton . The other was Gen.(Ret.) Wesley Clark.(CANNOT CONFIRM AT ALL!!)

Hillary has some serious issues. I can't find any of the former or current candidates on record either endorsing her or stating they wouldn't mind teaming up with her. like i said before,
she has ailenated alot of her fellow candidates. a simple search with endorse and insert any candidate outside of gravel and Clinton. they're all behind Obama. Especially Edwards

Clinton is in trouble. Bottom line. This spat right before MLK's birthday was the last thing she needed to do. The comment about MLK around his birthday, is probably the worst thing she could've done.Plus to head into a debate to boot. A debate on MLK's b-day, right after the comment. it doesn't take a rocket scientist to see that this will come up during the debate.
 mike2040
Msg: 4 (view)

Posted: 1/13/2008 4:44:42 PM
Bill, it was in the Iowa Independent.

http://www.minnesotamonitor.com/showDiary.do?diaryId=2967
http://campaignspot.nationalreview.com/post/?q=YzBlYWQ2OTc3N2U0ZjA0NWU1ZWRjYTAyZTkwMDM5OWQ=

i mean, why else would the 2nd tier candidates swing their votes towards him if they weren't behind him? they could've easily swung toward Hillary Clinton or John Edwards.
But instead, they choosed Obama

I believe that hillary may have stepped on too many toes.
 mike2040

Posted: 1/13/2008 2:27:48 PM
YES,
you have read the headline correctly. I just want to be the first to state it before it hits the mainstream media. Obama is going to have Edwards as his VP.It already started showing . right after the Iowa caucus, you didn't notice how Edwards was defending Obama , and vice versa? heck, even and Richardson are backing Obama.

here are links regarding obama and edwards:

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/Vote2008/story?id=4099840
http://www.alternet.org/blogs/peek/72206/
http://thehill.com/campaign-2008/obama-edwards-team-up-to-take-down-clinton-2008-01-05.html
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/paul-loeb/could-obama-and-edwards-t_b_78796.html
http://blog.washingtonpost.com/thefix/2008/01/democratic_debate_roundup_1.html
http://www.usaelectionpolls.com/2008/articles/john-edwards-barack-obama-team-up.html

here are the ones regarding kucinich and richardson:

http://www.minnesotamonitor.com/showDiary.do?diaryId=2967
http://campaignspot.nationalreview.com/post/?q=YzBlYWQ2OTc3N2U0ZjA0NWU1ZWRjYTAyZTkwMDM5OWQ=
http://blog.washingtonpost.com/the-trail/2008/01/01/kucinich_throws_his_support_to.html
http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2008/01/03/obama-will-get-richardsons-second-choice-votes/

so as you can see. its already going to happen. Just have to wait for super tuesday.

Show ALL Forums