Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: The classical traditions of music
 FormalistAesthete
Msg: 3 (view)

The classical traditions of music
Posted: 4/5/2012 9:14:33 PM
The only forms of music that I regularly listen to are classical and so-called "progressive" rock. I go to hear the local symphony every month and I also like a couple of the local choruses. At home, I prefer to listen to 20th century (especially Prokofiev and Shostakovich), late renaissance, and baroque music. I also love ballet.
 FormalistAesthete
Msg: 27 (view)

Stuffing around on arranging the date....why?
Posted: 3/19/2012 11:08:57 PM
A LOT of women do the same thing. I've gotten the impression that it is something that women enjoy: insisting to a guy that they want to meet him when they have absolutely no intention of doing so. I don't know if it's a power trip, knowing that they can keep a guy on a string, or if it's the ego gratification of having lots of guys asking them out so that they want to keep it going as long as possible. As dense as I am, when it gets to the point where they say they can't get together next weekend because they have to take their cat to the vet I can figure out what's going on.
 FormalistAesthete
Msg: 59 (view)

percentage lying about age
Posted: 3/13/2012 8:56:38 PM
Should lying about age be a deal breaker?

I've met several women online who were clearly lying about their age (and I was able to find out their real age), but they were usually still within my dating age window. Still, I feel a little uncomfortable. It takes a certain amount of trust to get involved with someone, especially with someone you meet online and only see on scheduled dates. Is it fair to wonder whether people who lie about their age might be lying about other things?
 FormalistAesthete
Msg: 14 (view)

Dating Etiquette - The electronic factor; has it changed your interpersonal standards?
Posted: 8/8/2008 5:17:51 PM
I disagree with your psych friend, though I am a man who is dealing with women. I've learned that many women won't, for whatever reason, tell a man that they aren't interested. Instead, they will try to string things out until the man gives up, and if the man actually tries to get them to commit to meeting they will then disappear. I've even confronted women with my belief that they were trying to avoid meeting me and had them deny this and then disappear when I suggested a specific time and place! I assume that some men behave in a similar fashion.

Unless you're under 30, you have to take into account that just about everyone you have contact with on these kinds of sites has failed at a previous relationship. Not everyone has grown from this experience; just because someone is physically an adult does not mean that they will always act like one.

Show ALL Forums