Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Believe in yourself!
 smileybarbie
Msg: 13 (view)

Believe in yourself!
Posted: 3/19/2008 5:54:43 PM
Hi, I have only read a few of the posts on this subject, but I have to say that in my very limited experience, every person I have corresponded with have been intelligent, kind, caring human beings.

I have actually met my soulmate here online...the most caring, kindest human being I have ever met!

So, my response is to all of the negative people on these forums is, go with your gut intuitions, believe in yourself first & foremost, and you will find what you are looking for!
 smileybarbie
Msg: 101 (view)

is it really about looks or the heart of the person that counts
Posted: 12/29/2007 4:14:56 AM
Hello,
I am one of those souls who chose not to have a posted pic. I met someone else online with no photo. We talked online and on the phone for a while before we met for lunch. I really liked the man I was communicating with and was happy that when we finally met, he is gorgeous!

I was very happy that I liked him as a person first, and the charming good looks are icing on the cake.

There is though, something about chemistry. We happen to have it!

Happy fishing!

Barbara
 smileybarbie
Msg: 6 (view)

Trusting your gut
Posted: 12/2/2007 6:40:17 PM
I think most people are very intuitive, but don 't listen to the little inner voice.
If something doesn't feel right, it probably isn't. I know when I don't listen to my gut feelings, it comes back to bite!
Just go slowly, and trust your instincts.
Best of luck,
Barbara
 smileybarbie
Msg: 11 (view)

When was the last time you took self-inventory?
Posted: 12/2/2007 5:36:31 PM
This is a good post. We really need to look into ourselves and how we cultivate and attract the types of relationships we have. If you keep getting into negative situations, then maybe you should reflect that its probably something within yourself that needs fixing.
 smileybarbie
Msg: 22 (view)

Life's Lessons in dating.....What have YOU learned....
Posted: 12/2/2007 6:18:56 AM
I have learned to treat people in the manner that you would like to be treated.
I have learned that positive brings back positive, negative brings back negative.
I have learned that you can be a good ripple or a bad ripple in someones lives . Choose the good one!

Pay it forward, it just might come back to you.
I have learned that you should trust your instincts.
I have learned that words written may not be received in manner they were written.
I have learned you have to yourself before you can expect to be loved back.
I have learned to give the benefit of the doubt until proven wrong.

Great post! Have a great happy healthy productive day!

Barbara
 smileybarbie
Msg: 30 (view)

Have you ever saved someone's life? (don't be modest, just tell the truth)
Posted: 11/30/2007 7:53:39 PM
I have always wanted to have a purpose for my life on this earth. Felt that it would be worth it if I could save another...until it dawned on me...I did risk my life to save another! My stepsister is 6 years younger than me. When I was in high school, camping in Yosemite, she was walking in the water, swept away in the current. I watched in horror, and none of the people on the beach moved. So I ran out, swam to her, put her on my shoulders. Thank goodness the water wasn't too deep. I was able to push off the ground and pop up for breath. Finally, there was a downed tree in the water and we were able to climb on and be safe.
If the tree hadn't been there, we probably would be history!
 smileybarbie
Msg: 311 (view)

I'll review your profile, tell the truth and help you out.
Posted: 11/24/2007 7:40:33 AM
Hey Carlykitten!

Please review mine!

Barbara
 smileybarbie
Msg: 189 (view)

Why is it so hard to meet someone that is good hearted and attractive???
Posted: 11/18/2007 5:55:20 AM
Oops!

My post was in response to greatguy351. I didn't know his message wouldn't show with my response. I'm new to this
 smileybarbie
Msg: 188 (view)

Why is it so hard to meet someone that is good hearted and attractive???
Posted: 11/18/2007 5:43:29 AM
Wow! I feel very sorry for you that you have that attitude.

I am not nearly as pretty as I used to be, age will do that! But I am a kind, loving, nice, funloving, sweet, affectionate, always looking out for other peoples feelings, I treat people with respect, honesty, have a crazy sense of humor. I try to learn from every experience, try not to judge people, unless I am backed into a corner. I am a good per
son. And I will never stop trying to improve myself and learn.

And yes I am still attractive. I was a professional model, asked to be a finalist in Miss California. I was in contention for the job with California Girl cosmtics that launced Cheryl Tieg's career. (Anyone remember her? LOL!)

I think you should rethink your screen name with an attitude like that!
 smileybarbie
Msg: 17 (view)

will he ever forgive me
Posted: 11/15/2007 4:50:19 PM
I have seen a lot of postings about being separated, which means you are still married, and basically cheating if you are dating.

That is not my perception. I am legally separated, divorce final December 26...a belated Christmas present!
I was under the misconception that you shouldn't date until the divorce was final. My lawyer informed me that when you are legally separated you can date.

We live in separate residences, and the only tie that binds is the final divorce date and the sale of our house. Then we are done! Thank God!
 smileybarbie
Msg: 1 (view)

dating after being married 31 years
Posted: 11/14/2007 5:57:44 PM
Help? I don't know how to do this after so many years. After having been married for so many years, and many years without sex, I am looking forward to finding a romantic partner. I don't want to jump into bed with someone immediately, but what are the rules out there these days? I am a very passionate woman, but I am not willing to just jump into a situation, but what do men respect in a woman?

Show ALL Forums