Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Scams. Nigerians, Russians ETC.
 robert77087
Msg: 92 (view)

Scams. Nigerians, Russians ETC.
Posted: 2/3/2007 1:36:52 PM
I just cancelled my membership on True because of the Nigerian scammers. I emailed True several times about the problem but no reply. One woman I was chatting on Plenty did suddenly disappear along with her profile. What's with that?

Robert
 robert77087
Msg: 3 (view)

Does a person having anxiety or depression keep you from replying?
Posted: 2/3/2007 4:44:31 PM
Angel.........Katerpillar......

Its not about wearing it as a badge. Its just part of who I am, the same as hair color, height, weight. In a perfect world we would all be healthy with no flaws of any kind. Comments are not meant to flame. I appreciate the input.

Robert
 robert77087
Msg: 1 (view)

Does a person having anxiety or depression keep you from replying?
Posted: 2/3/2007 2:49:18 PM
I have anxiety and depression. I don't hide it but am curious to know if others see it as a turn off?

The site says this must be 200 characters long. I will add a few dancing bananas to fill it out.

Robert
 robert77087
Msg: 50 (view)

Why is it when women are on top, it seems like men come almost immediately?
Posted: 2/3/2007 2:43:43 PM
It takes me longer to cum when the woman is on top. I like the view with her on top and love to see her face when she cums.

Robert
 robert77087
Msg: 29 (view)

North American Union
Posted: 1/26/2007 5:39:54 PM
If the North American Union is put to a vote Americans and Canadians will reject it. Multinationals wield so much power that it might never come to a vote.

I spoke to a political operative in Gov Perry's office about the NAFTA Highway thru Texas. He assured me it was only a toll road from just north of Dallas to just south of San Antonio. When I asked him where would the traffic/trade come from to support such a toll road he struggled to answer. He denied there are any plans to link it to ports on the Mexican west coast. He wasn't a very good liar.

I doubt the NAFTA Highway will ever be built thru Texas. It would be 1/2 mile (1km) wide cutting Texas virtually in half. It would require eminent domain seizure of a million or more acres. I can't believe that Texans would sit still for a land grab of that size. When land was being confiscated for the Super Conducting Super Collider one elderly granny with one shotgun held up confiscation of her property for months. Its not good politics to order police/military to attack citizens trying to protect their own property.

Robert
 robert77087
Msg: 173 (view)

crazy behavior during an aniexty attack....
Posted: 8/11/2005 7:39:08 AM
How did we divert to talking about Mikie? My opinion is Mikie didn't get justice in California. Whatever he gets in Mississippi may not be justice again. Maybe Mikie can do a world tour and get arrested in one of the Islamic countries that cut off appropriate body parts for punishment. Or he could run off to France to seek asylum with the other child molestors.

Back to being crazy. Anyone having a good or bad day? I have had a series of bad days. I am in a blue funk. Any dancing girls out there want to volunteer to cheer me up?

Robert
 robert77087
Msg: 166 (view)

Social Security
Posted: 8/5/2005 3:49:04 PM
Toon.........Thanks for your post. I will look into Social Security.

I have been working with the state rehab commission. Their job placement services are terrible. I had a small mail order/internet business for almost 30 years that made me marginally self sufficient. The business finally failed. I am finding it extremely difficult to get back into the work force after so many years of being in business for myself. Finding a job has changed significantly. I am trying to learn how to play the "find a job game" but so far it has been by trial and error. I have contacted federal human resource officers who are designated to work with the disabled to find employment. I get either no reply or a standard reply that is of no use to me. I have been told that I do not qualify for reasonable accomodiation by the very people who are supposed to understand that program. There is a lack of knowledge and some outright prejudice out there. I get down and depressed but I won't give up. If I give up then THEY win.

We need a Byrd update. Byrd has a knack of bringing a smile to my face in the midst of the craziness.

Robert
 robert77087
Msg: 164 (view)

inanimate victims of rage
Posted: 8/5/2005 9:22:49 AM
Gotapulse........My personal experience is that medication helps me overcome the symptoms of panic attacks so that I can work on behavior modification to overcome learned behavior. 30+ years of panic attacks have trained my brain to expect irrational results in rational situations. Sitting at a red light is not a "life or death", "fight or flight" situation but years of learned behavior puts me into that situation. With medication I am able to rationally react to the irrational symptoms. Medication is not a cure but it does allow me to function. The alternative would be a life spent alone in my room in perpetual fear of fear.

I have learned to be open about my anxiety and panic disorder. I used to hide it out of guilt. Now, when I am in a situation where it is appropriate to disclose that I have anxiety illness I disclose it. I wish more of us would disclose our illness. There is little knowledge in the non anxiety world of our suffering because most of us keep it secret.

I don't disclose my anxiety illness to garner sympathy as a victim. I do it to inform. I have 4 counselors now who are encouraging me to go onto disability. Instead I tell them "I can work. Let's find me a job." The system will assign 4 people to put me on disability but no one to assist me with finding employment to become self sufficient. There is little awareness that anxiety sufferers can function in society with reasonable accomodations. The public at large cannot wrap their mind around our anxiety illness. They can relate to a paraplegic because they can see the problem. We are the unseen and unknown.

Robert
 robert77087
Msg: 49 (view)

It would appear that the freedom of the internet is about to end. EVERYONE Please read.
Posted: 8/2/2005 6:04:47 AM
It sounds like AOL will take over the internet. AOL was my first service provider. I thought I was surfing the web until I discovered that I was really just wandering thru AOL World. Back in those days it was complicated to use AOL to actually connect to the web.

News groups have always been a difficult issue online. Over the years I have had several providers curtail usage of various new groups and news group categories. Some news groups get into illegal activites so one could make a case the service provider is trying to limit their legal liability. Or perhaps news groups have become a niche market that they don't feel they need to service. It is possible to find a new service provider without any news group censorship.

I see a lot of dissent on POF. How long before the fascists take this site down?

Robert
 robert77087
Msg: 895 (view)

Attack on London!
Posted: 7/31/2005 3:58:28 PM
Poppi........It seems that you have difficulty believing your government about the 7/7 bombing. With time evidence will come forth that will prove the government was correct or wrong.

DeMenzies was a sad mistake. I can understand how it happened. In a time of war there are friendly fire casualties. I read a report that DeMenzies had good English speaking abilities. Why he ran is a mystery. I don't fault the government for not divulging the shoot to kill policy in advance. They needed the element of surprise with the policy to prevent possible suicide bombers. During war you never divulge your strategy to the enemy.

America went to Somalia in 1993 to help protect charities delivering food aid. They were attacked by Muslim warlords. In one battle 18 American soldiers were killed. Muslims saw this as a great victory even though it was estimated 1,000+ Somalis were killed or wounded in the battle. It was seen as a victory because USA withdrew and came home.

Its not necessary to pressure the countries where bombers are born. Some are foreign born, some are native born. It is necessary to pressure the countries that harbor the planners. Too many terror tracks lead back and through Pakistan. It is a hotbed of radical Islam. Pakistan has a difficult problem to negate the activities of its own radicals within its borders. If Pakistan cannot control its own country it may become known as a terrorist state.

America has spent a lot of money in Afghanistan to improve conditions. So have many of the industrialized nations. The Afghans have to take control of their own destiny. They are rid of the Taliban. They have a chance to prosper.

The case for the Leeds guys is NOT proven.

The case against any of the bombers has NOT been proven. So far all we have is accusation.

The trouble is Iraq.Thats the cause and no other.

If Britain had never entered the war in Iraq the bombings would not have happened? If Britain withdraws from Iraq now the bomb attacks will stop forever?

Logik.......
Terrorism isn't going away or being reduced until some drastic action is taken.

What action do you advocate?

Robert
 robert77087
Msg: 155 (view)

Posted: 7/31/2005 3:03:14 PM
I have 6 cats. They are all fat and spoiled. Sort of like me.

Robert
 robert77087
Msg: 43 (view)

Principal ordered Bush portrait removed from class
Posted: 7/31/2005 2:59:23 PM
Nittany..........Sorry to bother you. I thought State of Florida was a defendant in the case. My mistake. No more questions.

Robert
 robert77087
Msg: 41 (view)

Posted: 7/31/2005 11:30:27 AM
Nittany........How was the case styled? Bush v Gore?
 robert77087
Msg: 890 (view)

Attack on London!
Posted: 7/31/2005 11:16:16 AM
Poppy.......I just watched an interesting discussion on CNN with Wolf Blitzer and 3 security experts. They concede the 7/7 bombers may not have intended to be suicide bombers. They explained how bombs were left unattended on trains in Spain. They contended the homemade explosives used on 7/7 may have been mixed too "hot" and may have detonated unexpectedly while the bombers were trying to set timers. They noted the 7/7 bombers left bombs behind in a car, most likely for future bomb attacks. They did have a consensus that the 7/7 bombers were guilty.

I do not believe in pressuring any nation because one or a handful of bombers originated in that nation. This is for Pakistan, India, Somalia, Sudan, Saudi Arabia, etc. Afghanistan required military action because the Taliban government gave Al Qaeda free reign to manage terror training camps and openly plan terror attacks. I mentioned Pakistan merely to note that the government and populace are divided between Islam and radical Islam. That is an issue Pakistan should deal with it before it becomes another Afghanistan. My information is that radical Islamists are a minority in Pakistan but a very active minority. My information is that moderate Pakistani Muslims are fearful to oppose the radicals.

In times of crisis there is a saying "you are with us or against us". It is an oversimplified statement but it does have merit. During a time of crisis any of us wish to have our family and friends stand with us. America would like the same from the civilized nations of the world. 9/11 was a very traumatic experience here. We are aware we are the target of a nuclear or dirty bomb attack. Its just a matter of when, not if. Only during the Cuban Missile Crisis did I feel as concerned about the threat of a nuclear attack as I do now. However, there is nothing I can do about it other than to live my life as normally as possible. I cannot dwell on the threat. It is just part of life.

America did make a commitment in Afghanistan. Most of the industrialized world also made a commitment in Afghanistan. Many nations have provided military troops and funding for Afghanistan. The intention was never to turn Afghanistan into a giant American military base. The Afghans have had free elections and are enjoying democracy of their own design. Unfortunately, Taliban & Al Qaeda sympathizers along with drug lords are limiting the ability of the Afghan government to rule the entire country.

Robert
 robert77087
Msg: 39 (view)

Posted: 7/31/2005 8:19:50 AM
Nittany.........Who was the plaintiff in the Supreme Court case? Who was the defendant?

Robert
 robert77087
Msg: 888 (view)

Attack on London!
Posted: 7/30/2005 7:57:17 PM
Poppy......I am not trying to start an argument with you. I am merely looking at things from my point of view with the information I have at my hands. I have to ask myself WHY the British government would blame 3 Pakis and a Jamaican if they did not truly believe it. We have seen past and present how information is leaked to the media for political or philosophical reasons. A conspiracy to blame 4 innocent men in a high profile case like the 7/7 bombing would fall apart quickly. Anyone with evidence of such a conspiracy could blackmail the government or take it down.

I will agree that the evidence the government has released so far would not be sufficient to prove guilt in a court of law. Since the 4 bombers are presumed dead there will be no trial for them. However, when the handlers and bombmaker are apprehended then the government will be forced to provide firm evidence. That is when we will be able to judge if the 4 are guilty.

Poppy if you believe the 4 dead suspects from 7/7 are innocent then what do you think really happened? Do you suspect the government of staging the bomb attacks? Do you believe the 4 were duped by radicals? If the 4 are innocent then who is guilty?

As for Aswat being of Indian heritage that is of minor importance. I mentioned it only because some have been keeping score by ethnicity and nationality of bombers and suspects. I would not profile anyone on race or nationality. I would profile by behavior and manner of dress. A person with a backpack should be checked. A person wearing a heavy coat in summer should be checked. That is just common sense.

Officially, Pakistan cooperates with USA in the war on terror. Unofficially, part of the Pakistani government is sympathetic to radical Islam. The best guesses at this time are that UBL is hiding in the Tribal Region of Pakistan or Iran. Both areas are off limits to American troops. Finding one man who has local support can be virtually impossible. UBL may never be captured. If he is captured he becomes a martyr.

Robert
 robert77087
Msg: 37 (view)

Posted: 7/30/2005 7:25:51 PM
Dan.........
Secondly, I do well managing my anger. Your neocon is showing by attacking my lapse in temperament and changing the subject of what I was talking to you about.

When in Hades did I become a neocon?

YOUR guys (bush and the republicans) made it us vs. them... so don't go whining to me and telling me he's a "uniter and not a divider"

I get myself in enough trouble with my own words. You don't need to put words into my mouth. I never said anything about Bush being a uniter. The truth is that I don't see anyone in politics now from either party who would qualify as a uniter. They are all engaged in mud wrestling for $$$$$. You can quote me on that one.

Robert
 robert77087
Msg: 28 (view)

Posted: 7/30/2005 5:06:57 PM
Nittany.............When you return lay out your reasoning for why the Supreme Court should not have heard the FL election case. It is my recollection the Supreme Court merely acknowledged that FL had the right to manage its own election. The Supreme Court did not declare a winner in Bush vs Gore. My memory isnt as sharp as it used to be so I like to review issues from time to time. And there are so many more issues to review now. Wow!!!!

Robert
 robert77087
Msg: 886 (view)

Attack on London!
Posted: 7/30/2005 4:58:03 PM
yynot....I believe you are correct about the lack of information that we have. I would like to see transcripts of what the police or government have released as official information and that which has been reported by the media. The American media has been lax in the recent past about releasing "news" that could not be documented. I am not accusing the British media of the same but I wonder if there could be a rush to report something before it can be independently verified?

It would make sense for the police and government not to release all the information they have. From a tactical standpoint they could release some of the truth but in such a way as to leave room for many theories to abound. The terrorists might feel more comfortable, less careful, in a sea of controversy. This is war so they are entitled to keep information secret.

Robert
 robert77087
Msg: 26 (view)

Posted: 7/30/2005 4:47:10 PM
DanQ.........Have you tried anger management? I really am sorry you are that angry. I have voted in elections where my candidate didnt win. I never felt the need to bear a cross after the election. The Supreme Court ruled on the legality of the election. Do you contend the Supreme Court was bribed to give Bush the election?

Nittany.......Thanks for your agreement. It is tiresome to see the same old arguments drug up time after time from either side. I don't remember seeing this much discord during the civil rights movement or the Vietnam War and those were very divisive issues. If we don't unite as a nation soon the terrorists won't have to destroy us. We will do it to ourselves.

Robert
 robert77087
Msg: 884 (view)

Attack on London!
Posted: 7/30/2005 4:37:50 PM
Poppy.....From the CNN website

A British citizen of Indian descent, Aswat reportedly interested investigators when they discovered that about 20 calls had been placed from his cell phone to some of the four bombers.

According to CNN Aswat is of Indian heritage.

Poppy you seem to find it easier to believe that Arabs and Africans can be terrorists but not Pakistanis. May I ask why? Do you believe the 7/7 bombs were planted by others and the 4 suspects just happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time? Do you believe the British government is orchestrating a coverup to hide the identity of the real bombers?

As for your assertion that Pakistanis do not confront the West or America it has long been believed that the leadership of Al Qaeda is hiding in the Tribal Region of Pakistan perhaps with support from members of the Pakistani government. Pakistanis have been tried and found guilty in the beheading of David Pearl. Pakistanis have crossed the border to attack American forces in Afghanistan.

Jacks......
Only an American can make such a bald face ignorant statement. Britain is experiencing a loss of innocence?!?! Britain lost there innocence light years before America was first conceived... Heck America was conceived BECAUSE Britain had lost it's innocence.

Perhaps I should have said the current generation is Britain is experiencing a loss of innocence. Those who lived thru WW2 lost theirs.

Uh-huh. What makes YOU not a terrorist then? Terrorism isn't a cult, a society or a religion. It's a frickin label politicians put on attacks when there is no 'war' by classic definition to blame it on.

Truth is that anyone posting on this thread could be a terrorist. How would we know? A true terrorist would not tip his hand by coming across as a religious fanatic. According to your definition of terrorism the UN and Nato actions in the Balkans would have been terrorism since no war was officially declared.

Perhaps in the world of small mindedness.

In the current war on terrorism has the West been attacked by anyone other than Muslims?

Passionteman.........
It is soooooooooooooo hilirious to see people so lost and controlled by the government and media. It makes me laugh day and night.

Its nice that you are able to find humor and laughter in the deaths of 52 innocents amidst the turmoil in Britain. 911 must have had you rolling on the floor with uncontrollable laughter. My condolences that the excess laughter keeps you awake at night.

Robert
 robert77087
Msg: 879 (view)

Attack on London!
Posted: 7/30/2005 2:39:59 PM
Poppy.......CNN identified Aswat as being born in India not Pakistan.

If the 3 Paks and Lindsay were not the bombers do you think the government is covering up the real identity? If so, why?

Britain is experiencing a loss of innocence. What makes home grown terrorism more difficult is that anyone can be a terrorist. It might be someone you know and trust. It might be someone where you work or in your school. Terrorists have learned from past experience to blend into a community. They are trained to appear to be social and normal. One of the impacts of a terrorist war is that you never know who you can trust. Suicide bombers in Israel have dressed as soldiers, rabbi and other indentities to evade being noticed. In this war any Muslim could be a terrorist.

Robert
 robert77087
Msg: 877 (view)

Attack on London!
Posted: 7/30/2005 11:27:24 AM
Poppy.....
Just reading this thread tells us in the Uk that ,you are able to access our general news but not our daily media such as tabloids,broadsheets and TV stations.

We are getting a lot of information and while the media is generally reporting each item from a UK govt point of view and is also supportive of the WAR ON TERROR....there is a lot of questions re: the suspect nature of the 3 LEEDS British Pakistanis. There is so much that does not tally up.

It was much easier in USA to accept the fact of suicide bombers on 9/11 because they were all foreign. I can understand the reluctance of the British population to accept the idea of home grown bombers. One fact I find difficult to overlook. The 4 bombers are shown together in one CCTV photo. Then they all go in different directions and end up near the center of the terror blasts. That is a lot of coincidence to overlook. There is still a possibility the 7/7 bombers were tricked into believing they were delivering bombs and not being suicide bombers. I find it difficult to believe they were entirely guiltless. Regardless of their degree of guilt the investigation is not complete until the old men who radicalized them are apprehended.

The CNN story I quoted about Aswat from from 7/29. Unless the story was flawed I cannot understand why Britain would not be interested to talk to a man who had 20+ phone calls to the bombers. I know USA has an arrest warrant for him in connection with intent to form an Al Qaeda training camp in Oregon with an African American Muslim who is in custody. The one eyed London imam is also indicted in the same incident.

Thanks for the UK up close update. How is the sense of apprehension or fear over there now?

Robert
 robert77087
Msg: 63 (view)

would you go topless in public
Posted: 7/30/2005 10:29:10 AM
What's the big deal about women going topless? If it was not forbidden or considered taboo everyone would quickly adjust to it. Most women enjoy looking at a manly chest but women won't walk into a wall while looking.

Breast size and shape don't really matter. But if you can put a nipple into your belly button while standing upright do us a favor and keep the girls covered.

Robert
 robert77087
Msg: 23 (view)

Posted: 7/30/2005 9:52:19 AM
I read the first post in this forum thinking it was about a struggle between 2 women of opposing political beliefs. It sounded like a struggle between one in power and one without power. Somehow we got involved with who started the Vietnam War. We had a post comparing Bush to Saddam with public sculptures. Is everyone so radicalized politically that we as a nation, as a world, have distilled every issue into US vs THEM? Is every issue conservative vs liberal?

By the way, where are the moderators who are supposed to keep threads on topic?

Robert
 robert77087
Msg: 875 (view)

Attack on London!
Posted: 7/30/2005 7:40:05 AM
4sexyfun.....
You're in luck Robert ...I searched and here's a news story on it:

* http://www.legitgov.org/cctv_image_of_uk_suspects_240705.html

And here's an interesting discussion of the London bombings in general ...it also mentions the doctored photo.

* http://www.book-of-thoth.com/ftopicp-45701.html

I went to both websites you mention. The first appears to be a blog not a true news site. I examined the photo in question. I see what appears to be part of the railing passing thru the head and arm of the bomber in the white cap. I also see no evidence of image bleed or overlap on the bomber in the foreground. If someone did fake this image they did an expert job of inserting the body BEHIND the bomber in the foreground but overlooking the railing. Does that really seem logical to you? Is it more likely the CCTV images were of poor pixelation and had some image bleed. By the way, which bomber is wearing the white cap? Is he one of the Paks or the Jamaican?

I visited book-of-thoth. It is a forum similar to this one. It seems to be a forum of like minded individuals re-enforcing their own beliefs. I noticed the author of one post was "channelling" her message. That makes me doubtful of the validity of it being a true debate forum.

I also found metion on thoth a Yahoo news story that one bomber was decapitated. This would discredit the ascertains made in previous posts on this thread that no evidence existed of the Paki bombers. My opinion is that the head of a bomber is very strong forensic evidence that he was there. Anyone interested can read the link on thoth about the decapitation.

Robert
 robert77087
Msg: 147 (view)

Posted: 7/30/2005 7:03:03 AM
I began taking Paxil 7+ years ago. It has made a huge difference in my ability to function with the anxiety. I have also practiced relaxation therapy and behavior modification. A counselor recently gave me a book by Claire Weekes to read. She advocates accepting the fear and allowing it to flow thru you. Her approach is not to fight it as that adds more fear and anxiety to the process. I have been practicing this approach. It works because I realize that all the unpleasant symptoms I have experienced over the years have not killed me or caused me to have a neverending panic attack. I also visualize myself in stressful situations while I am at home. For me driving is my biggest problem. I visualize myself driving onto a freeway and getting off at the next exit. Its a beginning. I know from past experience that success leads to more success. I also know that setbacks come out of the blue with no warning or reason. Its not fair but this is the life we have been dealt so we do the best we can do with it.

Would anyone like to share their experiences in this thread? Good or bad.

Robert
 robert77087
Msg: 867 (view)

Attack on London!
Posted: 7/29/2005 8:03:42 PM
BDM.........Richard Reid looked to me to be of mixed race. And he seemed mentally challenged. Its just my observation.

Islam is getting a lot of attention now. A lot of disaffected youth are going to explore it to find direction in life. Some will be sidetracked by radical Islamists.

Fighting a war against a nation is forthright and direct. Fighting a war against an idea is extremely difficult. I don't think bringing democracy to Muslims is the answer. Islam is now where Christianity was 400-500 years ago. The only answer to this problem may be time. We might be at war against radical Islam for 100 years or more.

Robert
 robert77087
Msg: 866 (view)

Attack on London!
Posted: 7/29/2005 7:53:20 PM
BDM..........I don't want to get off topic.

The London attacks have shown that terrorists come in many different nationalities. It won't be long before the first Caucasian Islamist bomber strikes. My guess is that Black Muslims in America will be targeted for radicalization. We had the American Taliban in Afghanistan.

I am encouraged the Brits apprehended all 4 bombers in a little over a week. My guess is that each was under surveillance for 24 hours or so to provide more intelligence. The Brits will soon have the Indian arrested in Zambia to interrrogate. He could be the middleman to lead to those higher up in the plot.

Robert
 robert77087
Msg: 865 (view)

Attack on London!
Posted: 7/29/2005 7:39:37 PM
4sexyfun.........My point is that if the photo were doctored so that amateurs could detect it it would be news. Someone, somewhere would make it a news story.

Robert
 robert77087
Msg: 863 (view)

Attack on London!
Posted: 7/29/2005 7:29:53 PM
4sexyfun..........Zagruder, Zapruder what are a few spelling errors amongst friends.
I thought the Trilateral Commission controlled the media and the UN?
 robert77087
Msg: 861 (view)

Attack on London!
Posted: 7/29/2005 6:59:44 PM
IrishMary.....
I STILL DO NOT BELIEVE that the 7/7 suspects were the actual bombers.
I said that before and I SAY IT AGAIN.

Can you elaborate on who you think were the bombers? What is your information source that no boby parts were found of the 4 bombers?

4sexy fun.....Did you also examine the Zagruder film? If your examination of the CCTV photo is correct you would be famous and on the news now. I did not see you on CNN today.

The first INDIAN terror suspect in the London bombings has been arrested in Zambia.
http://www.cnn.com/2005/WORLD/europe/07/29/london.tube.ap/index.html
"The official, who spoke on condition of anonymity, said Haroon Rashid Aswat, 31, had been detained in the Zambian border town of Livingstone after he crossed from Zimbabwe. The official declined to give any other details.

British investigators believe Aswat had been in phone contact with several of the four suicide bombers who killed themselves and 52 others in the attacks. The Los Angeles Times and other news media have reported that he was detained by Zambian authorities last week.

The British Foreign Office said it was seeking access to a Briton reportedly detained in Zambia but would not identify him or say if Aswat was the man they were seeking for questioning.

"We are seeking consular access to a British national who is reported to be in custody in Zambia," a spokesman for the Foreign Office said on customary condition of anonymity. "We can't say what it's in connection with until we have gained access, and we can't confirm anything about the identity of the person until we have seen them."

A British citizen of Indian descent, Aswat reportedly interested investigators when they discovered that about 20 calls had been placed from his cell phone to some of the four bombers.

Robert
 robert77087
Msg: 135 (view)

Posted: 7/29/2005 6:07:02 PM
Ticket.......
As in Pharmaceutically-funded Research and legal Documention of Damage to Projects, WCB & Insurance Claims conducted over a couple of Decades?

Of course not, since I am not in any Position to assist them to peddle more Dope.

Its my mistake then. Your original quote was not to hire alcohol users or pharmceutical drug users based on 25 years of case histories. I was curious to read them to see the basis. Scientific documentation is always more informative than personal opinion. Are your case histories your own personal experiences in life?

Robert
 robert77087
Msg: 47 (view)

Redneck!!!!!!!!!
Posted: 7/27/2005 3:24:53 PM
Ltstalk..........I know the meaning of redneck. I know when it is being used as an insult or a racist insult. You have to take into account the mind of the person who says the word to know its true intent and meaning.

Robert
 robert77087
Msg: 837 (view)

Attack on London!
Posted: 7/27/2005 3:21:49 PM
I just spent a few hours catching up the last 10 pages of this thread. If this thread can be used to judge public opinion then the terrorists are winning. People who should be allies are arguing amongst themselves. Conspiracy theories are out for the Pakistanis on 7/7 indicating the British government is running a massive coverup to hide the identity of the real bombers. Is anyone concerned for the 52 innocents killed on 7/7 and how to prevent such attacks in the future?

The ENEMY is radical Islam which comes in all colors, shapes, sizes and genders. The Islamists use the same freedom they despise to foment their radical ideas. Any imam under the banner of "religion" can troll for the weak who will follow his lead to become radicalized. The enemy is not really the idiots who blow themselves up. The enemy is the old men who carefully influence and encourage their actions.

My greatest fear is that the "idea" of radical Islam will spread throughout the entire Muslim world. Ideas such as democracy, republicanism, communism were spread by proponents. Bin Laden with his notoreity gets more press coverage than he deserves. The press and word of mouth help to spread his distorted ideas across the Muslim world. Is there any wonder that young, impressionable men and women look at his ideas and follow them blindly. They lack the maturity to make their own judgments, it is much easier for them to follow the lead of others who have cult hero status.

I watched American youth become radicalized against the Vietnam War in the 60's. Middle class kids bombed federal facilities, killed and robbed banks to fund their activities. Amongst the more radical youth some of them became heros. My fear is that we now have millions of impressionable Muslim youths who can be swayed to perform disastrous acts. Add in nuclear weapons or other WMD and it has the makings to expand exponentially.

Waging war against terrorism country by country won't be the answer. The war in Afghanistan was necessary to disrupt training bases and the Al Qaeda leadership. War in Iraq was necessary because of Saddam and his past willingness to use WMD. War in Iran will become necessary as soon as Iran has the A bomb. Except that North Korea may sell an atomic weapon to terrorists before Iran completes its own bomb. I think the best we can do is to take reasonable precautions, realize that radical Islam is at war against us and we should be prepared for casualties. Our governments will make mistakes in planning and in execution. Our best hope is that we are still standing at the end of each day.

Robert
 robert77087
Msg: 129 (view)

Posted: 7/27/2005 2:09:01 PM
Jenni....Thanks for the applause. Sometimes I surprise myself with what I can do. I was lucky to be assigned a great field counselor who visited me at home and give me the encouragement to make it to the clinic. Its amazing how some encouragement can help to make progress.

Robert
 robert77087
Msg: 44 (view)

Redneck and proud of it.
Posted: 7/26/2005 5:38:45 PM
Nittany.....I started this thread because a Chinese-American on another thread kept using the word redneck. I told him that I thought it was offensive in the context intended. I started this thread to see if I was the only one.

I know the word "redneck" has been re-invented. When I was growing up "redneck" was someone who would have belonged to the KKK. In my family "redneck" was lower than "white trash" or "trailer trash". Maybe I am just an old dawg and can't learn that "redneck" is now PC.

I see instances of the term "redneck" being used in the forum. It is almost always used when the poster is trying to make a negative point about another member. Rules prohibit me from saying who uses "redneck". For me it is an inflammatory word and I see it as flame bait at the least and racist at the worst. Just my opinion; you pay nothing and you get what you pay for.

Robert
 robert77087
Msg: 41 (view)

Redneck and proud of it.
Posted: 7/26/2005 3:45:04 PM
Fox Fire.......
3. There's a Coors can in the cup holder(CD-ROM drive).

I had to give up drinking. I keep a derringer in my cup holder to shoot varmints.

To All.......I grew up in Texas. If anyone had called my grandpa a redneck or white trash he would have gotten a hard stare. If someone called our family rednecks or white trash he would have been in a fight. Our family always called themselves poor but proud. They were Depression era cotton farmers who struggled to keep food on the table for the kids just like all their neighbors.

The meaning of redneck has been changed by culture to be in vogue now. Its the same as the N word. I know when redneck is being used as a racist slur by elitists and when it is being used humorously. Its in the context and who is the speaker. The same as with the N word.

Robert
 robert77087
Msg: 126 (view)

Posted: 7/26/2005 3:03:32 PM
Bambi.......
FDA Warnings for Celexa, Paxil, Zoloft, Lexapro, Luvox, and Prozac : The FDA issued a public health alert for (all of the medications listed above) in March 2004 warning that this antidepressant can lead to deeper depression and suicide.

I have been on Paxil for 7+ years. Doctor just upped my dosage. I have not killed myself yet.

To All.......I made it to the clinic Monday morning. It went easier than I expected. Sunday night was awful as I thought about going the next day. I gave myself permission to fail. That lessened my expectations on myself and lessened my anxiety. Giving myself freedom to fail led to success. Everyone at the clinic was nice, thoughtful and helpful. Only drawback was no age appropriate women to ask for phone numbers. There was a cute 20something I was ready to chat with but she looked like she could kick my butt.

Robert
 robert77087
Msg: 113 (view)

Posted: 7/23/2005 7:02:44 AM
A counselor suggested a book to me. I was never one to believe much in reading books to cure illness but I found it very helpful as part of a program of meds and behavior modification. "Peace From Nervous Suffering" is authored by Dr. Claire Weekes. It is out of print but you can find a used paperback on amazon.com for $5-6 plus postage. Its the most insightful book I have found on agoraphobia and panic disorder.

The only drawback is that the author is Australian and it was written for a British audience. If you are American it can be a tricky read but it is well worth the effort.

I have an appointment at a clinic on Monday. A month ago I would have thought it impossible to visit the clinic. Now I feel confident. Wish me luck.

Robert
 robert77087
Msg: 695 (view)

Attack on London!
Posted: 7/23/2005 6:31:18 AM
From the USA Today website. A quote attributed to the Mayor of London.
""If you are dealing with someone who might be a suicide bomber, if they remain conscious, they could trigger plastic explosives or whatever device is on them," said Mayor Ken Livingstone. "Therefore, overwhelmingly in these circumstances, it is going to be a shoot-to-kill policy."
http://www.usatoday.com/news/world/2005-07-23-london_x.htm?csp=24&RM_Exclude=Juno

I applaud the British government on moving past the politically correct method and facing the terror threat in a realistic manner. The duty of any government is to protect its citizens. The government will be blamed for the use of excessive force but they would be blamed if a terrorist was allowed to detonate a suicide bomb. It is possible an innoncent person might be killed with a "shoot to kill" order. But, 52 innocents died on 7/7 and where are the civil libertarians for their right to live? How does one weigh the good versus the bad?

Robert
 robert77087
Msg: 567 (view)

Attack on London!
Posted: 7/19/2005 4:14:50 PM
IrishMary....
The IRA was totally stupid as well and we cant pull out of Iraq now.....but we shud NEVER have gone in and we BRITS said that but Blair wud not listen.

Blair followed thinking along the lines of Churchill. The naysayers follow the thinking of Chamberlain.

Robert
 robert77087
Msg: 103 (view)

Posted: 7/19/2005 4:07:05 PM
Ticket.....
I don't hire people who are Drugs Adddicts, Alcoholics or Psych Drug Users. They cause too much Damage to Projects, as 25 years of Case Histories clearly show

Do you have Case Histories on hand to share with us?

Robert
 robert77087
Msg: 563 (view)

Attack on London!
Posted: 7/19/2005 2:43:13 PM
Foxfire....
We call them "terrorists" because they don't wear uniforms

If they did have the courage to wear uniforms it would make it much easier for ordinary citizens to beat them to death. Unfortunately, they hide like****oachers and only come out when they believe no one is watching.

Frosty........
Can you say "Waco" folks? The Michigan Militia lives!!

Clinton unleashed more firepower at Waco than he ever did against Al Queda. It played well to his power base.

IrishMary....
Sky News and a think tank whose name escapes me at the moment say that 2/3 of Brits think we shud not be holding Bullyboy Bushes hand and hence why we r in this boat

If the Brits pull out of Iraq because of the terror bombings 4 Islamic terrorists will have done in one morning what Hitler was never able to accomplish in years. Then Britain could follow the glorious road of appeasement laid by the Spanish.

The Islamics here need to change and thats a fact.....they gotta pull themselves together and move into peaceful and civilised society.

Islamic terrorists receive the same support in the Muslim community as the IRA did in Ireland. The terrorists receive money donated by individuals. The Muslim community at large turns a blind eye to the activities of the radicals. The Muslim community endorses terrorism by its failure to virorously stand up against it. When the IRA were bombing Britain in the name of Catholic Irish I often wondered why the Catholic Church did not issue an edict to excommunicate anyone who engaged in terrorism? The Catholic Church was as tolerant of the IRA as the Muslim community is of Islamic terrorists. Don't ask...don't tell.

For All........Is this forum becoming a recruitment center for the military? And a place for wet ops to find the sympathizers? Be careful who sits near you at the coffee shop. It might be an Islamic terrorist, Michigan Militia, or CIA/MI5/Mossad looking for Islamic sympathizers. I need a score card so I can keep track of all the players.

Robert
 robert77087
Msg: 550 (view)

Attack on London!
Posted: 7/19/2005 6:21:24 AM
This quote today from USA Today.
"It's fair the government should ask itself whether policies such as those involving the Iraq war have contributed to this," said Dr. Zaki Badawi, head of the Muslim College. "We need a partnership between government and Muslims to show people they are not being ignored and that their concerns will be heard."

My reading of this is that Dr. Badawi is trying to blame the suicide bombings on British foreign policy. Whatever happened to peaceful protest, civil disobedience and the political system to precipitate change in a democracy? As long as so many Muslims can rationalize terrorism this problem will continue.

Robert
 robert77087
Msg: 73 (view)

Posted: 7/10/2005 6:15:56 AM
Byrd...........I have wanted to jump out the window a few times. I live in a one story house so I might have to do it 10 times to create enough impact effect. The one time I was really movitaved to jump out the window I got a splinter opening the window. That little splinter hurt so much I lost my focus on the bigger goal. That splinter probably saved an innocent bush growing 2 feet beneath my window. Was it kharma?

I visited a neighbor last night. There was a 40 something gal there who is beyond plump but she is bi-sexual. Should I give your email address to her? It sounds like she might be into spanking and food fetish sex. Never know until you take a free ride.

I hope everyone has a good day. If this thread puts a small smile on anyone's face it is serving a good purpose. If this thread lets you know there are other crazies out there and you are not alone its even better. Anyone can email me if you have something to share or need someone to listen. Be warned that if you ask for advice you will receive CRAZIE advice. You get what you pay for.

Does anyone else like the dancing bananas? They are so silly.

Robert for CRAZIE luv
 robert77087
Msg: 70 (view)

Posted: 7/9/2005 8:10:05 PM
Dragon........
Unfortunately many of the psychotropes have long term permanent effects. That damage is irreversible.

Your friend was fortunate to have you stand beside her after the damage was done. In my life most everyone has turned and left. I congratulate you for standing by your friend in her time of need. How is your friend now? Is she recovered?
 robert77087
Msg: 67 (view)

Posted: 7/9/2005 1:23:55 PM
Dragon........
Someone very close to me.

Your friend was fortunate to have you there to help her during her time of crisis.

Byrd......Not my intention to scare anyone. I get tired of comments from those in the cheap seats who have nothing to contribute but telling me to suck it up and wish myself healthy. I don't need to listen to cheap propaganda from someone who has never taken one step in my shoes.

Robert
 robert77087
Msg: 65 (view)

Posted: 7/9/2005 11:28:01 AM
Dragon.........
As for the medicos they remain in LaLa Land picking their asses trying to come up with a "diagnosis"[ this was 18 months after release from prison]...but that is after pumping the girl with shit loads of psychotropics trying to "figure out" the problem.

Are you the person in your quote? Do you have any real life personal experience upon which to base your opinions? The rest of us have admitted to our problems. Wasn't it your advice to face up to it?

Robert
 robert77087
Msg: 19 (view)

Would you say yes to a sugar daddy/mama situation
Posted: 7/9/2005 11:21:53 AM
Travelor.....
The old or fat guys do it simply because they have no choice. No attractive guy would do it why would he?

Anyone who buys love/sex is doing it to have control and convenience. Do you think being attractive gives anyone control? It might for a short time but looks wear out quickly without any substance. I have more respect for anyone old and fat who buys it as opposed to a Barbie or Ken who take it for free and leave hurt feelings in their path.

Robert

Show ALL Forums