Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Women that compare their height to mens while wearing high heels.
 arlo2
Msg: 179 (view)

Women that compare their height to mens while wearing high heels.
Posted: 5/15/2016 8:22:15 PM

A bar is more real of an atmosphere ...

Only at sea level.
 arlo2
Msg: 111 (view)

Posted: 5/6/2015 1:06:30 AM

Again, you're making this an attack on women.

Not at all. Just pointing out that women are AT LEAST as dishonest as men are in these matters. They just decide that their own lies are "irrelevant", etc. It's ok. It's expected. Just don't expect to be taken seriously when you complain about men doing the exact same thing.

Breasts are irrelevant to the argument...

Ummm... no. A woman misrepresenting the size of her breasts by populating her profile with pictures of her using any of the previously mentioned devices is about on par with a man fudging his height and wearing "lifts". Both are lying for their own benefit.

Maybe they deserve each other :)
 arlo2
Msg: 110 (view)

Posted: 5/5/2015 9:31:50 PM

Things like breast size is irrelevant.

If that were true, there would be no market for push-up bras, padded bras, water bras, silicone filled bras, inflatable bras, chicken-cutlet bra inserts, or saline/silicone implants, et al.

It's a growth industry :)

I would care if he lied about his height. I would care if he lied about his age.

About 75% of the women that I have been out with, of late, have lied about their age. About 30% of them lied about their height. That makes 105% liars :)
 arlo2
Msg: 104 (view)

Posted: 5/5/2015 12:22:07 PM
The fact is, women DO lie about their height. I have seen it, myself, many times, where I meet a girl who was supposedly 5'8" or 5'9" and she turned out to be that height in heels; while being 5'5"or 5'6" in real life. They use it as another way to screen out shorter guys. There was another thread about this.

Women also color their grey hair, wear wigs, wear "concealer" makeup, and sometimes those weird tape/string things that pull back their neck skin under their chin. Then they lie about their age.

Women wear blue/green contacts and list their eye color as blue or green. When asked about it, she says "well, I usually wear them, so... "

Women wear all kinds of special elastic minimizing support garments. Some of these are true wonders of engineering . Then they list their body type as "average" or "athletic".

Women will wear heavily padded or water/silicone filled bras, stuff their bras with "chicken cutlets", or worse, have implants, and feature them in their pictures.

So, when I hear women complain about a guy wearing some foam wedges in his shoes, I am not entirely sympathetic. If a guy can do that without "walk'n funny", more power to him :)

If a guy lists his height as 6 feet. And shows up to the date 6'3", nothing negative is said. If he shows up 5'9" he is rejected; not for his height, but, "because he lied about it". Both for the same 3 inch lie.

When a woman says "It's not X. It's that you lied about it." ... It's X :)
 arlo2
Msg: 97 (view)

Posted: 5/4/2015 9:49:55 PM

Also, some taller men actually prefer average height women to tall women.

It's simpler than that, actually. Men, overwhelmingly, don't care about a woman's height.
e.g.
If woman A is an 8 and is 5'10" and woman B is a 7 and 5'3" , woman A is chosen.
If woman A is a 7 and is 5'10" and woman B is an 8 and 5'3" , woman B is chosen.

But women's simple 'preference' for tall men, effectively, becomes a requirement when there is an abundance of men. And, due to the sharply disproportionate ratio of men to women on online dating sites, there is the appearance of great abundance.

If an attractive women, online, gets hundreds of emails over some period of time, deleting all of the messages from all men under 5'10" still leaves more messages than she is going to actually read. The same goes for any other quantifiable preference. The result is that a simple preference effectively removes nearly all of the less preferred individuals from the pool. As long as the male to female ratios online remain skewed, this is almost unavoidable.

It also means that the pool of women available to the shorter guys is limited, mostly, by the attractiveness of said women; whatever their height.
 arlo2
Msg: 94 (view)

Posted: 5/3/2015 6:58:05 PM

What's the point? Be honest and find a woman who doesn't mind that height.

How do you propose that he identify such a woman? It seems that looking at the woman's own height is of no help; with women who are 5'5" 'preferring' the same tall guys as women who are 5'10" and taller.
 arlo2
Msg: 119 (view)

Guys, do you find you attract younger women out than online?
Posted: 5/1/2015 8:54:04 PM

I am noticing a lot of women online who are my age (37) or older that look even younger than I do ...

Or, at least, they did when their pictures were taken :)
 arlo2
Msg: 68 (view)

Can Someone Just Turn Gay?
Posted: 4/21/2015 7:35:52 PM
^^^
Speak for yourself :p
 arlo2
Msg: 40 (view)

I don't NEED a man! I WANT a man!!
Posted: 4/20/2015 6:16:06 PM
Yep. these women never NEED a man.

... unless there is a spider.
 arlo2
Msg: 49 (view)

Man who has never had a relatonship
Posted: 4/19/2015 8:44:12 PM

But he told me that all engineers are poor spellers. :)

Not all. But, for some reason, the best engineers tend to be terrible spellers and have the messiest desks. Many are dyslexic.

When I was in grad school, I had a girlfriend who was a true dead ringer for a young Alicia Silverstone. One day, at the beginning of a quarter, I was very busy. So, she went to the school bookstore, for me, to buy a couple of textbooks on advanced mathematics and engineering & some course notes. SHE WAS MOBBED! She told me at least a dozen guys in the mathematics section stopped her to ask which class she was in, when they saw the books she was carrying. She was used to the normal attention that a girl who looked like her got. But, she was stunned by the reaction that she got in the mathematics and engineering section of the school bookstore. She said it was like they had never seen a girl before.

Turns out, I knew a few of them :)
 arlo2
Msg: 45 (view)

Posted: 4/19/2015 7:29:03 PM
Nearly as universal as their disdain for shorter men, is women's , overwhelming dislike of: Engineers, Mathematicians, IT workers, et al. A quick survey of any upper-division mathematics department, on a Friday night, will bare this out.
 arlo2
Msg: 51 (view)

Can Someone Just Turn Gay?
Posted: 4/18/2015 9:08:01 PM
It seems to happen in prison quite a bit.
 arlo2
Msg: 57 (view)

The Disposable Vagina & even Pizza doesn't get delivered for free
Posted: 4/18/2015 5:10:38 PM
The bottom line is: Anything that is easily/cheaply replaceable is disposable.

To a certain subset of men, "vagina" is easily/cheaply replaceable. These are the men who get sex without much cost or effort. It is not really fair to expect them to place great value on something that comes so cheaply and easily to them.

Of course, these are the men that women strongly prefer. Which is what makes it so easy/cheap to get sex, for them.
It's a vicious cycle.

To the "player" who is an 8, women who are 5s, 6s and 7s are a source of plentiful, cheap, easy, DISPOSABLE, "vagina".
i.e. the "replacement cost" is, effectively, zero.

The 5s, 6s, and 7s that refuse him are an irrelevance. He didn't invest anything in them.

This situation has been "amplified" by the mechanics of online dating.
 arlo2
Msg: 67 (view)

Posted: 4/17/2015 2:48:53 PM

A man can get 3 to 5 inches with lifts and you would never know it.

This seems unlikely. I just grabbed a regular shoe and measured it. The depth from the insole to the top of the heel area, at the back of the shoe, was 2 -3/4" So, with a 3" lift, the heel of the foot would be above the top of the shoe. At 5" of lift, the foot would be more than 2" above the top of the shoe.

Do these lifts only work with boots and high-top sneakers ? Without the support, it seems like the slightest side-force would cause the foot to slide right off of the platform. Instant ankle sprain! ( at best ).

I think that would be noticeable.
 arlo2
Msg: 14 (view)

Is this a good 'rule' to go by, on body type?
Posted: 4/15/2015 9:01:32 PM

Weight means nothing if not broken down into %. Muscle weighs more than fat, so someone can be athletic/built, and their weight can indicate they are overweight even when they may have little body fat %.

At 5'11" 195lbs , I have a BMI of 27.2 ( high side of overweight , approaching obese ) but, a body fat percentage of 10% - 12%

So, if I lost ALL of my body fat ( i.e. i was dead) my BMI would still be 24.5 Which is right on the line between "normal" and "overweight" .

BMI is almost useless as a measurement.
 arlo2
Msg: 236 (view)

What is the ideal height difference between a man and a woman?
Posted: 4/15/2015 5:44:04 PM

maybe not a case of couldn't get pass as opposed to couldn't perform

Six of one, half-dozen of the other. If he can't force himself to be aroused by her, the evening's "performance" will be cancelled. Sometimes, the little blue pill can help "the show go on". But, that would probably get old ( and expensive ) pretty quickly.

To try to bring this back to the subject, the same goes for women who are just not attracted to short men. If you try to force it, you will probably get similar results.
 arlo2
Msg: 234 (view)

Posted: 4/15/2015 4:29:19 PM
@notthedoctor2

This is probably best a subject for another thread. But, yes; that scenario gets repeated over and over.

I tell guys who get into that situation, the first time, FAKE AN INJURY ! Do NOT have sex with that woman. And, do NOT just turn it off and walk away as soon as you see her naked. There is no winning, here. It ALWAYS ends badly.
 arlo2
Msg: 13 (view)

The Disposable Vagina & even Pizza doesn't get delivered for free
Posted: 4/13/2015 6:21:41 PM
These women are consistently choosing men who are in the "just sex league" but, out of their "relationship league".

A guy who is a 7 will "just have sex" with a woman who is a 5 at low or no cost. But, he will not generally consider a "relationship" with her.

A woman who is commonly approached by guys who range from 4s to 7s will generally ignore the 4s and 5s.

In recent times, this effect has become much more pronounced.
 arlo2
Msg: 223 (view)

Posted: 4/13/2015 4:16:40 PM

“On at least 3 occasions, back when I was dating online, I would meet a woman; and, she would tell me ‘you should just say you are 6 feet tall’.”

My best friend (a short attractive woman) has long suggested I “lie up” on my profiles. Why would she want to do that to other women?

Actually, what they were saying was that I showed up, in real life, taller than they expected. To paraphrase :
"You should just put 6 feet tall on your profile. I almost didn't write you back." Interestingly, all 3 of these women were considerably shorter than their own listed heights. They were all, supposedly, 5'8" or 5'9". But, even in their heels, they barely made that mark. Their actual heights were about 5'5" to 5'6". I didn't say anything.

Is the happiness of a friend more important than general honesty?

Among those social experiments I mentioned, one interesting finding was that when asked to select prospective dates, from a field, for themselves, and a friend; more than 90% of the time, a woman would select a taller date for herself than her friend. This was irrespective of the relative heights of the two women.
 arlo2
Msg: 203 (view)

Posted: 4/12/2015 2:44:23 PM

[Well that to me just means that she was good enough to sleep with, but he wouldn't want to be seen in public with her...

Sometimes, yes. But, more often, it's just that the guy can not muster any physical attraction for her. Many times, this happens, once the clothes come off. And, the guy has to decide, which is worse,

A. "Pulling the plug" right there and then, and dealing with THAT firestorm.

or

B. Going through with it and getting out.

A lot of the time, the wrong choice is made. Many times with alcohol involved.

This can also happen as the "beer goggles" wear off.

Probably the most frequent objection women normally have on this message board are the sweeping statements men make about them. Yet women in this thread are excused from this concern when it comes to making sweeping statements about (short) men.

That's basically the crux of teh issue. Women, many times, won't deny their own preference for taller men. What they take exception to is the discussion of the near universality of that preference. The prevalence of which has been demonstrated in experiment after experiment; both in proper controlled studies, and, even ( in varying degrees of rigor ) in these very forums.

Guess what he must be then… ;)”

Yeah, I know. It’s impossible for ANYBODY to be empathetic to a short man’s plight other than another short man, so he must be lying about his height.

As it turns out, I am. I listed my height as 5'11" But, as of my last physical, I stand 5'10 & 5/8" tall. So, 1/8" short of 5'11". I should have worn thicker socks :)

This does bring up another odd phenomena. On at least 3 occasions, back when I was dating online, I would meet a woman; and, she would tell me "you should just say you are 6 feet tall".

Go figure.
 arlo2
Msg: 196 (view)

Posted: 4/11/2015 6:15:30 PM

Sure it is....but he was THERE in the first place, no? But 'all of a sudden' her WEIGHT is the issue....

This actually happens a lot in online dating. Usually due to pictures being old, 'modified', or just carefully selected to give an unrealistic representation. Sometimes, a guy will go along for a while, trying to make it work; but, just can't. Then, poof!

My grandfather told me "Women are best understood by the deaf." Ironically, he later went deaf. He said it was "in self defense". In that spirit, I will try to describe a social experiment that I read about, some time back.

In this experiment, over 200 women were shown pictures and descriptions of prospective dates. There were 12 different "profile sheets", representing 12 different men. Each sheet had pictures and some biographical information, such as age, education, employment, hobbies, etc. Mixed in with the bio info was the man's height.

Each of the ~200 women were given all 12 sheets and asked to pick which they would choose for a prospective dates.

All of the sets of sheets, given to each women were the same. except, that the height information was changed for every man, in each set, for each woman. That is, Guy A would be 6'1" in one woman's set of sheets and 5'6" in another's. And, Guy B would be 5'4" in one set and 6'3" in another, etc. The heights used ran from about 5'3" to 6'4". In various sets, each man got to be every height from 5'3" to 6'4". Everything else was kept exactly the same.

The results were amazing consistent. The choices always lined up along strongly along height lines. i.e. Guy A would be chosen when he was listed as tall. But, ignored if was listed as short. In fact, it was noted that the shortest listed heights ( under 5'5" ) were NEVER picked; no matter which man's profile sheet they were assigned to.

When asked how they came to their choices, the women almost never mentioned height. But, instead, described all kinds of "intangibles" such as "he looks kind" or "he seems like a fun guy". When asked about the shorter guys, a few women did say that they were too short. But, also, many, instead, described them with negative "intangibles", such as "he seems angry" etc. Again, they were describing the same men. Guy A was "kind" when he was 6'2" and "angry" when he was 5'4".

There was a lot of analysis, afterward, trying to find specific correlations. But, I don't remember any of it.
 arlo2
Msg: 174 (view)

Posted: 4/10/2015 1:59:05 PM

I said in a previous post that I dated a man that was 5'2".

Anecdotal evidence is not evidence.

If I had once dated a fat woman, would that be evidence that I do not have a strong preference for fit healthy women?
Or, that this is a preference shared by the greater portion of men? Especially those who have options.

The difference is that I freely admit it. I do not care one iota if anyone thinks that is "shallow". I don't make ridiculous statements such as "there are plenty of tall good looking rich guys who prefer heavy women." Because, according to those women, there just aren't. They MOSTLY complain that those guys only want "Barbis", etc. Again, there will always be the rare exception .

And, just as I tend to believe the shorter guys about their experience, I tend to believe the women about their own.
 arlo2
Msg: 171 (view)

Posted: 4/10/2015 1:32:01 PM

Personally I won’t date short men or pompous guys, because they think a woman’s preference that excludes them is “irrational.”

Nobody is saying that it is irrational. It's just prevalent to the point of being nearly universal. Yet, you hear it said, over and over, that there are plenty of attractive women who will date shorter guys. However, they, themselves, just seem to end up with taller guys; as it just works better for them.

The only people who actually know the actual ratios, from experience, are the shorter guys. And, they nearly unanimously report the same results. An, even though I am on the outside, looking in, I tend to believe them.
 arlo2
Msg: 165 (view)

Posted: 4/10/2015 11:17:32 AM
The unspoken undercurrent here seems to be that shorter guys should date heavier, less attractive, women; even if, they, themselves, are in good physical shape.

Of the set of short women ( 5'2" and below ), those who are 7s or better, are generally not available to a guy who is 5'7" or shorter; unless he is A. Rich B. Famous or C. EXTREMELY good looking (9+).
 arlo2
Msg: 148 (view)

WOMEN: What is the ideal height difference between a man and a woman?
Posted: 4/9/2015 6:56:27 PM
Largely, a man's height is not compared to a woman's height, directly. His height is compared to the heights of the men that her friends are dating.
 arlo2
Msg: 37 (view)

Posted: 4/8/2015 4:47:24 PM
Somehow, I'm pretty sure that, if this guy were short, overweight, bald, and broke; we would not be having this conversation. So, dude obviously has SOMETHING going for him. Other than his 'strangeness', he may be out of the OP's league, so to speak.

Because of his lifestyle, the OP thinks he SHOULD be low hanging fruit.
 arlo2
Msg: 32 (view)

Posted: 4/4/2015 5:25:35 PM

To me a man who has never had a relationship with a woman even once is a little unusual and strange.

Just maybe, rather than trying to decide what is wrong with this guy; the actual question we should be asking is : "What is wrong with the OP that she can not garner any interest, even, from this guy would is 'unusual' and 'strange' " ?
 arlo2
Msg: 128 (view)

Boyfriend wants sex all the time?
Posted: 3/30/2015 4:12:42 PM

If I was a Hispanic man I'd be pretty annoyed at the stereotyping turn this thread has taken.

You would think. But, as a 1/2 Hispanic 1/2 gringo, I can tell you that the men on the Hispanic side of my family actually take no small measure of pride in being described as "hot blooded Latin" with all that goes with that. They think of white guys as being cold, up-tight, restrained, passionless, etc.

Also, from observing both worlds, the Hispanic women are almost universally happier than their Caucasian counterparts. Although; not, necessarily, for this reason.
 arlo2
Msg: 28 (view)

Posted: 3/30/2015 4:01:56 PM

This issue has nothing to do with sex and everything to do with a man's inability to be able to converse with a female and actually ask her out on a date. This shows they fear women in general and this female wants no part of that.

What inability? The OP says that he goes out when he feels like it. They converse just fine and "have a great time" when they do. I don't see and indication of any kind of "fear" on this guys part. Why do people try to turn this guy's preferences into some kind of pathology ? Because the OP wants more from him than he is inclined to give?

From the OP's description, he's happy/content. He is not complaining. So, leave him be.

Who knows? He may have half a dozen women, like the OP, in a rotation :) Or, he may just not be that interested. There seems to be a bit of that going around, these days.
 arlo2
Msg: 99 (view)

Posted: 3/24/2015 1:28:14 AM

Yelling at someone or having a temper tantrum when you dont have sex is force.

Then, yelling and temper tantrums, when there is no sex involved, is also force. Most women I have known would be locked up, under that standard.

If there has been a pattern of yelling, but, there was no actual violence; then, there can be no reasonable expectation that yelling is antecedent to violence.

No matter how loud one yells "Have sex or I will wear plaid pants!" It is not rape.
No matter how calmly one whispers "Have sex or I will slit your throat", it is.
 arlo2
Msg: 98 (view)

Posted: 3/23/2015 11:09:35 PM

......with all due respect to your opinions, but does yelling and throwing a temper tantrum have a hint of FORCE?

The dear OP just said she knew she had to have sex to get it over with. She is doing it against her will with the threat of violence if she doesn't comply. A man yelling at you is not exactly a nice experience. Then it results in unwanted sex.

If she says she was 'threatened with violence', as you say, I am right there with you, Otherwise, it's a choice. Having sex was preferable to walking away from the situation, which she eventually did.

"not exactly a nice experience" does not meet the threshold of violence.

She did say that she left, and is not going back. That, I applaud.
 arlo2
Msg: 94 (view)

Posted: 3/23/2015 10:13:46 PM

THAT, dear Sir is rape.

Nope. for it to be rape, there needs to be force, or the threat of force, that is, in itself criminal.
I can demand sex all I want. But, if I don't threaten an illegal act, I will just be an A-hole. Not a rapist.

If I employ physical force ( assault/battery) ; or, threaten some illegal act to force compliance, then, THAT is rape.

Have sex or I will physically harm you = rape
Have sex or I will take something from you or damage/destroy something or yours = rape
Basically, "have sex or I will violate your legal personal or property rights" = rape

Have sex or I will dump you = not rape
Have sex or I will not let you live in my house = not rape
Have sex with me or I will not buy you X thing. = not rape
Have sex or I will not take you to the prom = not rape

If you can freely walk away, unharmed, without your actual legal rights violated ... not rape.

a-holy? yes ... Rape ? no.

Without more information, this guy is an a-hole, not a rapist.
 arlo2
Msg: 88 (view)

Posted: 3/23/2015 7:59:28 PM
Obviously, this guy has SOMETHING going for him that keeps her coming back; a-hole, or not.
If it is something that she believes that she is unlikely to get from another guy, it becomes a trade-off.

Unless she is being held against her will, by threat or by force, the price of being with this guy is nightly sex. She is either willing too pay it, or she isn't.

Again, guy is probably an a-hole. But, he can place whatever conditions he likes on being in a relationship with him. If there are no takers, too bad for him. If you don't like it, the answer is obvious.

GET OUT !

More than that. He needs Prison.

Imagine a world where women are thusly punished for yelling when they don't get what they want. There wouldn't be many left on the streets :)
 arlo2
Msg: 17 (view)

Posted: 3/21/2015 12:08:47 AM
It sounds like his only "problem" is that he isn't doing what the OP wants him to do.
Otherwise, he sounds to be happy; if, a bit unorthodox.
 arlo2
Msg: 161 (view)

Would it bother you if a woman had a male personal trainer?
Posted: 3/2/2015 7:58:43 PM

The difference is that he is able to secure sex but not dates

He has no shortage of "dates". I guess these women are part of the "bonus plan" or "extra credit" :)

As he puts it, these women WANT ta have sex with him. Especially, after a progression of physical contact. They just need an excuse that they can rationalize. And, he has gotten pretty good at making sure that those excuses present themselves.

I tell him that, eventually, one of the husbands or boyfriends is going to kill him. He says. "Yeah... probably."
 arlo2
Msg: 158 (view)

Posted: 3/1/2015 6:11:53 PM
Maybe I should consider a career change :)
 arlo2
Msg: 154 (view)

Posted: 2/27/2015 8:38:31 PM

think this says more about your buddy than it does about the women he sleeps with.

I think it speaks equally to both. Then again, at least, he is not cheating on a SO; as many of the women are.
 arlo2
Msg: 5 (view)

Dimensional Spectrum
Posted: 2/27/2015 6:47:47 PM
I weep for the state of mathematical literacy in this country :(
 arlo2
Msg: 146 (view)

Posted: 2/26/2015 4:52:57 PM
I have a buddy who is a personal trainer. He sleeps with about 1/3 of his female clients.
So, weigh the odds :)
 arlo2
Msg: 256 (view)

Severe competition amongst middle-aged ladies at social events. How to get more men OUT to the party
Posted: 2/23/2015 2:00:35 PM

These soggy tortilla chips are a stern reminder to women, the difficulty men once faced.

And there is the ring of the closing bell!!!

The Taco Bell ?
 arlo2
Msg: 163 (view)

can we change the titles, too? :)
Posted: 2/19/2015 6:00:57 PM
I have not been to any of the meet-ups. But, I have definitely seen this behavior when I made the mistake of signing up for swing dance lessons. Because I am a big strong guy, the teacher tended to match me up with some of the middle-age and heavier ( not huge ) girls; mostly because the other guys could not easily lift them, etc.

These girls were VERY territorial; and, would, basically, run the other girls off.

After about four sessions, I decided not to go back.
 arlo2
Msg: 241 (view)

How to answer 'how many men have you slept with?' question?
Posted: 1/9/2015 2:05:03 AM
I don't blame a woman for not answering that question.
I don't blame a man for passing over a woman that doesn't answer that question for a relationship.
Six of one, etc.
 arlo2
Msg: 214 (view)

Posted: 1/7/2015 11:50:43 PM
Past behavior is the best predictor of future behavior. So, it depends on what one is looking for, I guess.
 arlo2
Msg: 182 (view)

Posted: 1/5/2015 3:40:31 PM
In this case, the mean, or "average", is not a useful measurement. What you need is the look at is the median.

The median is the number where 50% of the sampled population is above and 50% is below. Only in perfectly symmetrical samples are the mean and the median measures equal. The last study that I read put the median number for men at about 4.5 . That is 50% of men had 4 or fewer and 50% had 5 or more. So, to that entire lower 1/2 of the male population, with a number from 0 to 4, double-digits must sound like quite a lot. To the top 10%, of men, where the number was over 60, probably not so much.

The actual median number, for women, is probably much higher than 4.5. Which leads to much of the consternation.
 arlo2
Msg: 154 (view)

Posted: 1/4/2015 11:00:09 PM

I think it's easier to be with a woman who's slept with 40 guys (for example) than somebody who's only ever been with one

Yeah, but, for the median "50th percentile" guy, that means that you are rank at about 20th position. Nothing special about that.
 arlo2
Msg: 241 (view)

Over 50...Are We Now Invisible?
Posted: 6/28/2014 12:06:12 AM
The top 20%-25% of the most desirable guys, over 50, easily attract women 10-20 years younger than themselves. So, for them, it works great. The lower 75% are probably split between the guys who will date an older woman and, the guys who are OK with "younger or nothing at all". Oh, and, the complainers. And, the guys who have "checked out".
 arlo2
Msg: 237 (view)

Posted: 6/26/2014 6:03:17 PM
A very good Vietnamese friend of mine was a fighter pilot in the war. He was unusually tall for a Vietnamese man, at the time, being 5'8" . Which, worked out well for the US aircraft. After the war, he moved to the US; where he met his wife, who is also Vietnamese and stands about 5'6" ( and she is HOT at 50+ ) They have three very beautiful daughters ( all born and raised here ) who stand 5'10" 5'9" and 5'8" . The honkies are all over them !

I have done a lot of traveling, over the years, for the automotive industry. In that time, I have noticed people, especially women, in Japan, Korea, and mainland China are getting taller. The average female model in those countries is now about 5'6"-5'7". Only about 3" shorter than the average model here. The women in "interface" position in business are all 5'5" to 5'9"

Of the white guys I know who date Asian women, the average height of their GF's is about 5'5". Which, I think, just about average for women in the US. None of them even mention height as an issue. The common thread is that they are all much thinner than average. If I had to guess, probably 110 lbs vs. 150 lbs

Also, here, it seems to be the taller Asian girls who go after the white guys. The little 4'10" - 5'1" girls tend to be with Asian men, mostly.
 arlo2
Msg: 234 (view)

Posted: 6/25/2014 6:28:26 PM

I personally think there's a direct correlation...in this already hijacked thread... between all those Caucasian guys desiring those very SHORT Asian women...as is the topic of another thread....and their perception that most women want men to be taller than them.

Actually, Asian women from about 4'10" to 5'10" seem to fare about as well across that range. The taller ones, possibly, being at a slight premium.
 arlo2
Msg: 230 (view)

Posted: 6/22/2014 11:01:07 PM

As far as HAVING to have a taller man..I mean, what if the guy has everything else you want..everything! But...he's 5' 10". Are you going to throw that all away?

Would a guy throw it all away if the woman was a little older than him, when he wants younger?

The answer to both of these questions is, usually, yes. Usually, because, by the time THOSE questions are asked, the asker has several options.
 arlo2
Msg: 88 (view)

Guys, do you find you attract younger women out than online?
Posted: 4/4/2014 5:43:56 PM
Yes. I attract a significantly younger demographic "out" in person than, on-line.

The difference is, actually, pretty striking. So much so; that, I deleted my actual dating profile and, kept this one, just for the forums. I attribute this. mostly, to the inability to use 10 year-old pictures and Photoshop, out in the real world. For no

Show ALL Forums