Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Ladettes - Are the girls going feral?
 missmilly1970
Msg: 13 (view)

Ladettes - Are the girls going feral?
Posted: 3/27/2009 6:20:29 AM
Here. here, Hilly1971,

I don't have children.

I'm "only" 38y/o. Having said that.... my Dear Sweet Maman, is now only 57y/o..... she would die, if I was a feral. She was 16 when I was born.

We were never even allowed to say "Yeah". It was "Yes."

At 38y/o, I'm so glad my folks were so strict!

"It'a not yeah......it's YES!"

I have the job I have because i don't talk slang!
 missmilly1970
Msg: 90 (view)

Who is the best Drummer in the world
Posted: 3/10/2009 3:38:57 AM
I don't know about the best, but Greg Ryan is certainly the best looking!
 missmilly1970
Msg: 31 (view)

Your First Concert?
Posted: 3/2/2009 4:14:00 AM
OOOHHH!

Did "hear" KISS from VFL Park.

Me & my little brother on our back door step. In our dressing gowns. The only kid in my class, that actually went, was soooo cool forever. Paul C. He was the envy of the whole 4/5/6th grade!!!
 missmilly1970
Msg: 30 (view)

Your First Concert?
Posted: 3/2/2009 4:08:02 AM
"Rockin' for the Royals"

INXS, Kids in the Kitchen,The Models, I'm Talking, in the Alexandra Underpass. Melbourne.

I think I was 14y/o.

I thought I was soooo cool!!! LOL.
 missmilly1970
Msg: 5 (view)

Economic Stimulus Package
Posted: 2/4/2009 5:53:29 AM
I get zilch!!!! Single female in the 33 % tax bracket................not married..........no children...........I do not exsist as far as the government is concerned!!

I'm not bitter. My Mum has MS & is on a disability pension...............She deserves it more than anyone! I am happy to support that. She worked her whole life.

My brother & his wife have dropped to one wage upon having a child..................I'm glad they put parenting first.

I'm glad our support system does not mirror the States.

I'm proud to be an Australian. At least we try to look after our citizens.
 missmilly1970
Msg: 59 (view)

Geekness factor
Posted: 1/9/2009 6:02:13 AM
I buy games of NSM.

Once I "clock' them or win............... I don't play anymore!

Once you win.....who cares......

Hmmm, really a lot like my relationships...............................

Food for thought......... honestly though....... when you've won Jewel Quest III, why do you need to win again??
 missmilly1970
Msg: 4 (view)

Help with travelling to Paris
Posted: 12/31/2008 1:50:30 AM
Thank you all!!

Fabulous advice! All taken on board!

I've added everything to my notes!

I have been taking French lanuage lessons for three months. I now know, how to not order rabbit (eugh) or horse meat!!! (Double eugh!)

All advice & hints are greatly appreciated!

Many thanks!
 missmilly1970
Msg: 13 (view)

celebrity encounters
Posted: 12/30/2008 3:01:54 AM
OK.....................wish it was my story!!!!

A girlfriend who's a bit older than I am, well, could have been a supermodel, except for the drugs, was living in London. Had Bowie at her doorstep every night, with a limo & flowers......................

She didn't find him "that attractive." David Bowie???? Her boyfriend was Steve Jones from the Sex Pistols.........................every now again, you do wish you were older. Not often though!
 missmilly1970
Msg: 1 (view)

Help with travelling to Paris
Posted: 12/30/2008 1:57:57 AM
Next year I am going to Paris. Unfortunately, my O/S travel so far, has been very boring! (English speaking countries.)

I've been learning French for three months & I'm continuing with that. I hope to have some decent language skills by October next year. I would appreciate any other tips though.

Cheap accommodation. At 38y/o & in my price range, I'm looking at a cheap appartment rather than a cheap, crappy hotel. I can't do hostels & from the blogs 2/3 star hotels are scary!!! I've found a few bedsit rentals that are the same price, but way nicer.

I would welcome any "handy hints", "must sees" or "comfortable, yet bargin" advice! Not being seasoned, yet an older traveller any helpful advice would be gladly welcomed!!
 missmilly1970
Msg: 3 (view)

If I knew then............what I know now
Posted: 12/24/2008 4:13:08 AM
Pookie, sooooo miss you!

Jules, you now you're a great dad!

myforumsite, they're on to you!!!

My cousins are in their late 20's, living at home. I spoke with my Aunt last week. Life is too good!!!

Part time jobs.............no bills...........late nights, their girlfriends stay over..............

One cousin left his top at a gals place (one night stand)..............................It was a $200 top!! My Aunt drove him there to pick it up...................from a gal he just got lucky with!!! What a Mum!

So I'm 38y/o.............so I figure.... you live at home....................you don't cook, no laundry, no bills &...............if you're missing clothing after a bonk..............your Mum will get it! I want to be young again!!!

I would never have left home at 16 if I thought it was going to be that easy!!!

myforumsite, you spill it all, ..... what other people think.................it doesn't matter!!!

I live with myself! I like myself!
 missmilly1970

If I knew then............what I know now
Posted: 12/24/2008 2:01:03 AM
Sooo.

I'm not talking time travel. (Well a little.) When I was 15 I started a part-time, after school job.

If I saved that money instead of being "cool". ie : hair, clothing, records, (Yes, albums!) going out..................... I'd be Kerry Packer!!! Cashed up.

It's good & well but I would have been a dork!

Sooo, if you knew then, what you know now......would trade places, knowing, you would not be the person you are today????
 missmilly1970

Your last 24 hours
Posted: 12/24/2008 1:49:32 AM
Hmmmmm..............

Assuming, I'm in Australia.............24hrs doesn't seem long................if it were my last............. get myself looking as good as possible, approach my "crush" & hopefully get lucky.......................watch my all time favourite movie, laying naked, dining on a rare steak with potato mash, & fresh, green beans, smoked salmon & brie, listen to my favourite music, whilst driving to meet my family, swerving on the road, because I can, Hey, the world is ending, I stole a Mercedes convertible or even a Hummer, I never drove a big car! Now's good! All the while regreting what I DIDN'T DO!!!

Hmmmmmmm......................... food for thought!!
 missmilly1970
Msg: 63 (view)

Who is the best Drummer in the world
Posted: 12/24/2008 1:17:08 AM
Current & alive Dave Grohl.

Australia........... according to my ex-ex, (a muso) Travis Demsey, (ex Living End)

(Australia still) Sexiest ever (girls choice) ............... Bruce Pawsey.
 missmilly1970
Msg: 23 (view)

I want my money back
Posted: 12/24/2008 12:23:08 AM
Legally, if the product does not meet you needs, ie doesn't fit your grinder, not "these size 6 bathers don't look good on me", you're allowed a refund. At the very least an exchange!

What a tool! (No pun intended.) You spent a lot of money. You think he'd be happy to, a least, help you find the right item & have your repeat business????

I always try to buy locally, from the little guy. Usually you build a relationship with the trader. My local small supermarket often gets in speciality items for me. After a few weeks of owning the business, realising I'm a regular, the owners asked my name & introduced themselves. I love that!!!!

This guy doesn't deserve your business. Go to Bunnings & let him know why!!!
 missmilly1970
Msg: 16 (view)

Summer secrets.
Posted: 12/22/2008 4:32:25 AM
At 38y/o, boo, hoo, hoo...................... I'm really that old!!!

As a favour to all eyes, I don't get into a cossie!!!

Next year? Personal trainer, booked in....... as a favour to me! I can leave the house!!

Still............. you shouldn't put on a cossie, or have sex, unless, you've had a brazilian????

?????????????
 missmilly1970
Msg: 12 (view)

Ladies and gentlemen...pffft...yeah right!
Posted: 12/22/2008 4:16:24 AM
Hilly,

as straight girl, I'm distracted by those amazing legs!!! They are stunning!!!

Wow! They're the legs I have in my dreams!!!

You go gal!!!
 missmilly1970
Msg: 11 (view)

Posted: 12/22/2008 3:05:50 AM
Beloved Pookie,

Jerry Hall also said she dropped to her knees everytime Mick left the house, so he wouldn't cheat.................Hey, if you're going to cheat on Jerry Hall?????????????

P.S. Andy Warhol said she had terrible B.O.

I guess what turns you on, turns you on???
 missmilly1970
Msg: 10 (view)

Posted: 12/22/2008 2:58:26 AM
My future husband Jules,

"A lady"?????? HMMMMM. What is that??? I think it's out dated. We're not in 1750.

Even my Nan says "woman."

I do have a soft spot for a guy, who holds open, or ushers me through a door first though. (Not including a car door.)

I dated an American guy for a while. He actually, pulled my chair out at a cafe. I didn't know what to do!!!! It never happened before!!! Hovering in the air so you don't fall over is quiet awkward!!!

If a guy says please, thank you , is nice to wait staff & doesn't talk with his mouth open, whilst eating............ I'm impressed. Not to put down men.......... just , having basic manners is all I ask.

I like guys that are "normal." I dated a wealthy guy, he tried to order for me. I do not care how posh they are....................I DON"T EAT LAMBS BRAINS!!!! Crumbed or not!!! I'm not a vegetarian but..................please!!!!!

For me an ideal first date................is catching up over a few beers and a great conversation.......... it's not hard!
 missmilly1970
Msg: 9 (view)

celebrity encounters
Posted: 12/19/2008 3:55:34 AM
When I was 17y/o , I saw the godess of all godess'.

Audrey Hepburn was at the Bodyshop. I'm not religious.............. if I was ................. Audrey Hepburn would be my Icon, above all.
 missmilly1970
Msg: 5 (view)

What is Christmas to you?
Posted: 12/17/2008 3:42:04 AM
Me, my beautiful (very ill) Mama, my two amazing, Grandparents, my fabulous, wonderful brothers, their partners, my nephew Kyle, my neice Charlotte...............

It's taken me along time, but I only need, my beautiful family & wonderful, very close friends!!!

At Christmas last year, my best friend's Mama passed away from cancer. She told me...... if you die, counting your "best" friends on one hand, you've had a great life!

This year, I happily spend Christmas with a hand full of "friends" & my much loved family!!

I feel I'm a very fortunate person!!!

I'm not religious, just lucky, to realise the value of the people I love before that passes me by!
 missmilly1970
Msg: 35 (view)

Your dating preference to another culture
Posted: 12/17/2008 3:17:38 AM
I don't believe you can "help" who you're attracted too.

I don't have an issue with "race" (I hate that word! A person is person!)

You like who you like! Black, green, yellow or purple????

If religion or background is an issue, I think that's pretty obvious initially.

Personally, I'm attracted to an individual. I have dated people (briefly) that I am, apparently, not the right nationality, or race for. (Not my choice.)
 missmilly1970
Msg: 21 (view)

Beach attire.
Posted: 12/17/2008 2:53:43 AM
Great post Hilly,

When I was a kid, my parents popped my blisters with a sterilised needle!!! It was the done thing! I don't recall sunscreen???

Since my nephew was a baby (he's 9y/o) I have smothered his beautiful skin, in cream. It was a battle. He'll thank me later!!!

I haven't done a tan since I was 15y/o. I got so burnt my back scabbed & I couldn't tie my Converse! (It was the mid 80's, in my defence!) Since then, no tan.

I'm 38y/o now. I don't often get taken for 38 though. I have been told by a customer "get a tan!" At work, you can't say what you want. On that occassion, I really wanted to say " Yeah, I want to look like a corpse when I'm forty****ead!"

I believe once you get to a certain point/age, a cossie is not an option!

If I am brave enough, boardies & a bikini top.

For guys, please.......................... no budgie smugglers!! Even/especially, if you're well hung.......... you're not doing anyone any favours!!!! Put on some boardies!!!!

Kelly Slater, Stuart Bedford Brown....... these guys know............... the unknown, is much more appealing!!!!
 missmilly1970
Msg: 31 (view)

Sarcasm...turn on or turn off??
Posted: 12/15/2008 3:30:46 AM
Hi Hilly,

I think it depends on the person. Sarcasm & wit are usually the same, depending on the person . I do believe, some people can be really witty (you especially). Definately a "trait." If you need to make an effort,...............you're probably not blessed, with that wit. I also don't believe, a person shouldn't need to "cut someone down" to display their wit????

I think it's cultural also......

My little brother lives in the USA. Has for 5 years. Married to an American.

Totally different sense of humour..... She's wonderful. She doesn't get the family......sledging/joking.

My sister's husband is Italian......

They've just moved to Italy. He thought, because she said to me "Ha ha. He's eight years younger than me." (good for her) I said " Oh, screw you!" that I hated her!!! I'm sooo proud!!! I would love a guy eight years younger!!!

I love sarcasm......... sometimes............ It does not translate though!
 missmilly1970

celebrity encounters
Posted: 12/11/2008 3:04:04 AM
I know who N Kidman's first bonk was.

People who have my friend's tick on Facebook, have this info!!!
 missmilly1970
Msg: 6 (view)

Landmark sex
Posted: 12/11/2008 2:51:34 AM
Us women do objectify, you Jules..............

Only cause we know you love it,.................. & you're worth it!!!
 missmilly1970

Melbourne Clubs/Bars
Posted: 12/11/2008 2:11:16 AM
Rockwiz rocks! The Espie!

I used to work at a theatre, Chapel off Chapel. Julia Zemiro is stunning!!!

Kind and incredibly beautiful! Pedro, your dreams are warranted!!!

Julia is gracious & polite. French background! Very beautiful. Lovely skin & ever so tiny!!! I always thought she was little, but she's weeny! You could slip her in your pocket!!! Petite & feminine.

The boys all adore her, even from a girls point of view, she's a stunning, wonderful woman! The last guy I know of, that she went out with, Jerimiah, wanker!!! Didn't deserve her.

Julia is certainly, a girl, other girls aspire to be like!

She's a great gal!
 missmilly1970
Msg: 108 (view)

Why do women fell worthless after sex???
Posted: 12/7/2008 3:06:21 AM
1inaTrilion,

It does sound like COSMO. I hate COSMO. They have a lot to answer for!!! I think they're are trying to produce a generation of insipid, "how do I dress well , have great shoes, not sleep with him for six months, make him love me & have an orgasm??" sort of gal.

Most rational women, I hope, realise, men , really don't think that differently from us girls!

Sometimes, one night of sex is just that.....a one night stand. There are guys, you would never have a relationship with!!! Sex is sex.

In the words of the great, Marianne Faithful................"one nightstands are great, but you get what you get!!"

Other times, one night is the first night, of a relationship with someone you adore.

You know when it happens.
 missmilly1970
Msg: 20 (view)

Do you reply to messages if there is no attraction?
Posted: 12/7/2008 2:45:10 AM
Great post!!!!

For me, if they quiet obviously, have not bothered to read my profile, why should I reply????

I'm an indoor, reading, movie, learning French, antique shopping, Warhol fan, Family loving, cafe, city, sort of chick.

When I get a message from a guy into camping, doesn't read, not interested in current affairs & loves the outdoors................. why would he send me a message?????

I'm the sort of gal who gets a manicure every fortnight & has inch long red fingernails...........I don't do camping.............okay, did it once, I liked it, the guy i went with was a tool though..........

My point...........why send a message to someone you have nothing in common with & expect a response????

I think it's a "hit & miss" thing. I read a mesage & a profile. Nothing in common, no response!
 missmilly1970
Msg: 6 (view)

Melbourne Clubs/Bars
Posted: 12/7/2008 2:30:28 AM
I went to the Chelsea Heights over 28's for a while about 18mths ago.

It did meet a few great people (friends) there. From a girls point of view, it was a bit of "meat market". "Don't I know you???".

I've seen a few others , but was a bit put off by that one!

If someone knows a good one, maybe we could organise a "POF night"?????

I'm in Cheltenham. There are a few over this way, I just haven't checked them out.
 missmilly1970
Msg: 9 (view)

End of night pick up?
Posted: 12/7/2008 2:18:59 AM
I think it's intimidating for guys, that girls are usually in groups! I get that. I wouldn't like to get shot down in front of all a guy's mates!!!

My friends & I make it a point to take a wander of a club, on our own a few times, we always go to bar the on our own. When you're waiting for ages to get served, it a good place to have a chat. If I'm out with one girlfriend, we always go to the toilet on our own!!! Big step. I know. LOL!

I met my last boyfriend in a club. He approached when I was on my own.

For guys................He had no cool lines, wasn't sleezy, he just came up, said hi, asked my name & introduced himself. Okay, I'd been smiling at him all night.............but, he waited until I was on my own.

Put yourself in the guys shoes................. you & six of your friends??????????? It's pretty nerve racking to even say hi.

Something else I've learnt with age........... there is never any reason to be rude. If a guy has approached you , it's taken all his guts. If he's polite, & not sleezy, there is no reason to be a b1tch. Be gracious, be a lady & move on. Make a break to dance with your friends. Just don't be nasty. Oh..... and don't be a drink whore!!! Don't take a drink off a guy you don't want to talk to. If a guy buys you a drink , get the next one, or at least, genuinely offer.

We all love guys we like aprroaching us. If you find someone attractive there is no harm in walking past & saying "Hi" with a big smile! Flirt!! You can keep walking. If they like you, they stop you. No rejection!
 missmilly1970
Msg: 60 (view)

Rape
Posted: 12/7/2008 1:51:57 AM
Ikazadi,
I don't think you're being sexist. I believe given the accuser's state of mind at the time, the doctor should have been even more careful. He always had the option to have a female nurse present.

In my opinion "No" is never yes. Everyone has a different physical reaction to rape.

Freezing up, not screaming or being violent does not mean yes, ever. Rape is about violence & control. There are plenty of documented victims who displayed being agreeable, as they feared for their life.

It's worse in the case of a "trusted" person, such as, Doctor, teacher, shrink, friend or family.

It's not gender related either. I have a friend who is a shrink. One of her female friend's, (not a client) was sexually assulted by her female shrink.
 missmilly1970
Msg: 7 (view)

A chance encounter with the uncanny
Posted: 12/5/2008 3:54:18 AM
Y Tu Mama Tabien???
 missmilly1970
Msg: 57 (view)

Rape
Posted: 12/5/2008 3:29:02 AM
Thanks to the wonderful rational, thoughtful & kind, men & women out there! Some of you, I know & adore! Others who showed, great support, thank you! I don't think Men are, at all, bad. It's not a male thing. Some PEOPLE are just crappy!!

To the girls who told their story. Good for you! The hardest part is saying......IT'S NOT MY FAULT!!!!

I do think, some people , feel tough enough to be judgemental because, A. They are not brave enough, to put a photo of themselves out there. They know, we may ignore them on the street! That kills them!!

B.Well................ I guess ,they're just really, little people who want attention. They like to be nasty , because they think it will draw attention to them & we'll all be outraged!!

Ignore it! They don't exsist to anyone whose opinion you care about!
 missmilly1970
Msg: 49 (view)

Rape
Posted: 12/1/2008 4:07:19 AM
Jules,
I know Men are "great" because i have you in my life!!

I say "Men" because only real men know women!!

You're a great Dad to your daughter , because you're a man who "loves women."

There is a big difference between a guy who "likes women" & a " guy who loves women."
 missmilly1970
Msg: 47 (view)

Can you go from friends to lovers and then back to friends??
Posted: 11/26/2008 5:23:33 AM
NO!!! Never.

Sex changes everything!
Lover/Friend
Boyfriend/Girlfriend

I expect things from my lover, I don't expect from a friend.

1st well..................SEX!

Once you cross that line.......... "Hi, I've seen you naked."
 missmilly1970
Msg: 94 (view)

Why do women feel worthless after sex???
Posted: 11/26/2008 5:18:25 AM
I'm guessing you mean feel???

"The Act" sounds like a disease. How awful!!!

Of course (not coarse I hope!!!) if the sex is good............ it's good!!! If it's good , it has the chance to be great................. I hope!!!
 missmilly1970
Msg: 33 (view)

Rape
Posted: 11/26/2008 5:09:28 AM
Hmmmmm.

I will start by saying, I did not read every post. My apologies.

My personal experience..................... this is evil & victims sometime don't feel confident enough to put up their hand.

Everyone has an opinion though. Your "friends" who it never happened to, & their Mum's, know exactly how you should have behaved.

I hope this isn't off track. I was 27y/o, just out of a 4year live in relationship. The freak, was my bestfriend, from the age of 13years old , cousin. I was scared no one would believe me. He was someone I'd known for ten years, as almost, family.

I always said, before hand, "If I was ever raped, I'd yell, scream, kick & punch!" I froze. I can only compare it to, those time you think somone is in your house. You almost stop breathing!

The guilt that you didn't "yell, scream, kick & punch" is enough to make you believe, somehow, it's your fault! It never is!!!

11y/s later..... I'm good. I wish I pressed charges now, as I have the confidence to do it. At the time, It totally screwed me up!. One day, I was sent home from work. I lived with my brother. Work called him to be at home. I told him " I just feel so worthless." He told me " You are not worthless, your my sister. That saved me.

To press charges is difficult. The police have to be diplomatic, which the victim, judges as being insensitive. They're not. They're just doing their job.

The courts stink!! If you slept with one million people who cares. If you say no, it's no!!! In recent cases, " Well she was half asleep. It's really not rape, even though he broke into her house & had sex with her. " This was local for me. He went back to being a local chef!!! WTF!!!

I'm lucky enough to have great men in my life. Family & friends are amazing!! I know men are great! Lucky for me!!!

I will say, my male friends were much more understanding than my female friends. That , hurt like hell!! My male friends were ready to commit murder. My female friends asked " are sure you said NO?" "If it REALLY DID happen you should press charges."

On that note, those girls, after 20yrs of friendship, aren't my friends now!
 missmilly1970
Msg: 17 (view)

sti
Posted: 11/20/2008 4:09:24 AM
Condoms, condoms, condoms!!!!

I am 38y/o. I've just educated my newly single Maman. She's only 54y/o. They didn't have HIV in the 70's.( Okay. They did. We just didn't know it existed!)

If it's not on...................It's not on!!!

Cervical cancer is caused by unsafe sex. You don't want that!! It's awful.

HERPES!!!! Eww. The gift that keeps on giving!!!

Love yourself! Protect yourself!
 missmilly1970

Do we attract people of the same level of attractiveness or style of appearance?
Posted: 11/20/2008 3:59:06 AM
I think it's in the eye of the beholder.

"Attractive" is so very different to everyone. I think it's almost primal????

I'm generally attracted to guys with dark hair, blue/green eyes, freckles, nice teeth, big nose, pouty lips???

Apparently, females automatically seek out the guy, that will produce, a child, that will have the best chance of reproducing???

I guess it just depends on how backwards/forwards you think human beings are?

I honestly believe we are more "caveman" than we like to think we are!
 missmilly1970

60 minutes.......... 20kg car?????
Posted: 11/10/2008 4:02:38 AM
Hi, I'm 18y/o , buying a 20kg car???????

Apparently that's all that will help teenage car deaths???

Don't know if anyone saw this..............how stupid!!!!!!

I got my drivers licience at 28y/o. Had an accident (my fault).

I then did a "defensive drivers course".

This has been the reason I have had no accidents since!

What 18y/o has 20kg to spend on a car???? Even if they do............ I don't think it will help!

The speedo was great. Set limits. A blow in 0.00 alcohol level would also help. If you don't blow zero.............. you can't drive!!

The 60Minutes thing was not based on Victoria where you have to be 18y/o to drive.

I don't think there is anything wrong with that!!!
 missmilly1970
Msg: 53 (view)

Is it RITE to Execute the Bali Bombers ?
Posted: 11/10/2008 3:42:15 AM
A difficult question!!!!

I do believe (thanks Mum) two wrongs don't make a right.......................... what if you killed 202 people on purpose though???

Well, I assume, you deserve to die!!!!

I think as Australians, we're focused on the # that died.

They weren't just Aussies though. They were Balinese & European's.
I'm not sure how many were Australian. The total death toll was 202.

As long as we 100% sure............ They deserve to die! I rejoice in the fact that they suffered! 202 familes will suffer their loss forever.

If you can kill any person, let alone 202 people, with family & loved ones.............suffer the outcome of your country's law!!
 missmilly1970
Msg: 49 (view)

Are some of us destined not to meet the one ????
Posted: 11/5/2008 4:37:37 AM
I love my life. I'm 38y/o. Learning French, hoping to buy a property, on my own.

Ten years ago............... Of course........... I was going to be a Mum.

I never questioned it. Now............. I am the best Aunt ever!!!

Not my ideal choice...........I'd love to be a Mum. I'm too old, know though!!!

Sometimes, (most times) life is not what you expected............... If I had my time again............... I'd live life differently................ Hind site is a wonderful thing!!!! Geez, I would be positively wealthy!!!!

Go Obama!!!!

Relationships are difficult. If you make that choice..........KUDOS!!!
 missmilly1970

Canadian lured to death off dating site
Posted: 11/5/2008 4:18:37 AM
My Taser seem to put the freaks off!!!

Only joking!

I think as "daters", male & female...... it's a matter of being astute.

Trust your gut!! If someone seems a little "off". Don't go there!! Gut insinct is usually right!

I always give my BF all the details.

I'm meeting "X" , at dot time, at a certain place, their name & # I have is........ call you when I get there.

There is no harm in looking after yourself..... Male or female.

I don't believe you are at less harm being Male.

Nut jobs come in all shapes & forms!!!
 missmilly1970
Msg: 25 (view)

What is your definition of local?
Posted: 11/5/2008 4:06:25 AM
I agree!!

Not more than half an hour's drive is "local"

1.5 hrs drive is almost "international"

I live in Cheltenham. Dated a guy in Pakenham..................... way too far!! He was really hot , but by the time I got there I needed a disco nap!!!
 missmilly1970
Msg: 11 (view)

Pro Idiocy or Pro choice?
Posted: 10/13/2008 5:15:13 AM
I feel this is sooooo very personal.

I have been lucky, in the respect that I never had to make that call.

I don't judge anyone for calls they have made.

Don't judge a person until you've walked a mile in their shoes!!!

My Mum was 16y/o & my Dad 19y/o when I was born in 1970.

The paths they took, their parent's opinions & reasons, my opinion as "the child" (now 38y/o) may surprise you.

There is only ever one reason to bring a child into the world...... Love. Even if it is only one parent. That child deserves every advantage!!! A loving parent is all that's required!
 missmilly1970
Msg: 19 (view)

When is it TOO late to have children??
Posted: 10/13/2008 5:01:47 AM
Sorry! I have not been very attentive of this thread of late!

Thanks "ikat",

I know what you're saying. I am not focused on "babies" as such. I think at my stage of life, I'm probably a better foster parent. I have no problems with private schools. I went to public school. Although I don't believe they're "bad" If I can afford it, I would prefer to see my children (foster or otherwise) go to private schools. My friends that went to private school all went to Uni. My public school friends, less so. As long as any child does their best, I don't think it matters. I do believe that depends on the parent. Some people are more mechanically minded. That should be encouraged. Having a trade often leads to self emlpoyment.

I am aware I can be a single parent, quiet easily, if I travel interstate. I am a little old fashioned in the sense ,that I would love my children to have a Mum & a Dad.

If it's not meant to be......... I can still be an amazing Mum.
 missmilly1970
Msg: 45 (view)

Afghanistan, should we be there
Posted: 10/3/2008 5:59:56 AM
I apologise now!! I did not read the 3 pages of previous posts!! In my personal opinion, we should not be in Afghanistan.

My ex went over for three months................... Navy guy.

Yes, I agree the spending is outrageous!!

The mental tax , on Australian's is beyond my comprehension!!!

Although it's all TOP SECRET!!! Whatever!!!

My ex had a boat coming towards him, their ship changed course, the small boat changed course, ............ they blew it up! It exploded into high heaven!!He saw bodies parts flying through the air.

How do you deal with that???? You killed people???

In WWII, my Pa was a gunner. He dove out infront of the rest of the battalion and just shot. Hoping to kill everyone in their path????

So how far do you go, if your life is was stake??? The things my Pa tell's me now, scare the life out of me!!! One of his mates was 14y/o!! Said it was his parents siginature..... all to go to war???? A 14y/o now???? Giving up his X-BOX, to go to war???

During a war, would you kill someone to save yourself???

When is killing someone okay??????
 missmilly1970
Msg: 15 (view)

being a parent and foster career
Posted: 9/11/2008 7:04:27 AM
typical_bloke,

that's fantastic!!! Good for you!!!

I'm looking into this to myself.

I believe children need love, care & attention. If their birth parent can't fulfill their needs and you can, go for it!

Children need love , support & encouragement.

I don't believe your gender is an issue.

I hope you are successful!

Best of luck!
 missmilly1970
Msg: 19 (view)

Was a Refund being Unrealistic ??
Posted: 9/11/2008 6:54:46 AM
$5 for bread???

Having managed a restaurant.............. that should certainly have been comped! They should be embarrassed! Bad service is awful, but bad food?????
 missmilly1970
Msg: 8 (view)

Nigella Lawson
Posted: 9/11/2008 6:48:24 AM
Nigella rocks!!

What an amazing woman! She is so fabulous!

Her first husband died of cancer. Her second husband is Charles Saatchi of Saatchi & Saatchi Advertising. I read an article where she said they don't go out. She cooks dinner and they get into bed, eat dinner & watch TV. How refreshingly "normal". She is officially "The Honorable" Nigella Lawson however, she is not that pretentious! She is a supporter of breast cancer research and well,........................ those amazing curves!!! Obviously a supporter of a healthy female figure!!!!

Love Nigella!!! A healthy looking female on TV!! I have heard "fat" mentioned. The lovely woman is probably a healthy size 12 Australian!!!

I think she's wonderful!!! Anyone who tells me how to make better daiquiris (freeze the strawberries, no need to add ice!) is pretty great in my book!!!

Show ALL Forums