Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: The Legal Separation....
 Estival
Msg: 20 (view)

The Legal Separation....
Posted: 1/31/2010 1:25:39 PM
OP, one other thing I need to say here. You say your baby comes first. If that's really true, then YOU come first. The very best thing you can do for your baby is take care of yourself - s/he is helpless without you. YOU need to be as healthy and protected as possible, or you can't take care of the child.
 Estival
Msg: 2 (view)

The Legal Separation....
Posted: 1/30/2010 1:11:41 PM
The very first thing you need to do is talk to a lawyer. If this guy is capable of pulling this, your first priority needs to be protecting yourself and your child, legally and financially. Do NOT got to the cheapest lawyer in town. Ask anyone you know and trust for recommendations, and choose a good one. Borrow a little bit if you need to, to afford this. I can tell you from bitter experience that allowing your sadness to get you to you let your guard down is something you will regret a lot, later on.
 Estival
Msg: 3 (view)

How real is what you believe in?
Posted: 1/30/2010 9:03:25 AM
He said something to the effect of, "If something makes us happy, or makes us feel good, we believe it. That possibly sort of cheapens belief." I disagree. Ultimately, the only standard we have for any belief is what we want to believe. Our own thoughts and experience is absolutely all we have to go by; we have no access to anything beyond that, so we have no external standard we can use to judge reality or truth. Every one of us has to make the call all by himself.

I, personally, believe that the material world that seems to be here and that I seem to be part of is really here, and that I am really part of it. I do not believe in any gods or spirituality or mystical forces. But I believe that for ultimately subjective reasons. It seems entirely imaginable to me that a person with a very different personality could hold a very different set of beliefs for reasons that are as persuasive to him as mine are to me.
 Estival
Msg: 11 (view)

Clearing the palate
Posted: 9/6/2008 8:23:29 PM
To recap what we've learned so far:

Any liquid helps.

Women always want chocolate.

Guys are embarrassed to admit to being bi-curious.

Canadian women are more adventurous.
 estival
Msg: 4 (view)

Clearing the palate
Posted: 9/6/2008 7:04:21 AM
MM, do you smoke by any chance? I've been told that smokers don't notice it as much.

In the hope of keeping, at least for a little while, on the topic of my question rather than my experiences, yes, I have swallowed semen, and yes, many women friends and lovers have told me that they, too, notice how the texture leaves an odd feeling.
 estival
Msg: 1 (view)

Clearing the palate
Posted: 9/6/2008 6:53:15 AM
You know how when you swallow semen it leaves that weird feeling in your throat? Does anyone know of anything that's really effective for making that go away faster?

Apparently my question was phrased too succinctly for the forum software, which requires that the first post in a new thread be at least 200 characters. Feel free to ignore this paragraph which exists solely for the purpose of padding the post. Or I guess you could respond to it, though it's a little difficult to imagine it launching an interesting discussion.

Show ALL Forums