Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Should i be insulted? Would you be?
 fixitfred
Msg: 131 (view)

Should i be insulted? Would you be?
Posted: 9/10/2011 10:33:18 AM
She told you the truth. She should be insulted that you can't handle the truth.
 fixitfred
Msg: 26 (view)

Disclosing your salary on a 1st Date?
Posted: 5/25/2008 1:00:40 PM
By my yearly gross I could buy a hell of a truck or Lexus but the reality is after uncle sam gets me basic bills and child support. There may be a reason I drive a high millage 95 and live paycheck to puny paycheck.
 fixitfred
Msg: 21 (view)

Posted: 5/25/2008 9:46:14 AM

To a certain degree money is important, I don't want to be involved with someone who is hounded by debt collectors, unable to live within their means, but I was really turned off by all the bragging.
So the wedding is off? I would ask you to call so we can talk about it but I don't answer my phone because I have too many bill collectors looking for me.

fixitfred
Msg: 10 (view)

Orgasmic breasts
Posted: 5/24/2008 11:46:33 PM
I have known breast can be very orgasmic for a long time. I get reminded every time I titty fork a girl.
 fixitfred
Msg: 19 (view)

My bf disappears when I have my son......
Posted: 5/24/2008 11:26:24 PM
Fleur had it right

Perhaps he's right in not spending time with your son since if you break up the kids lose a friend as well
If you become engaged then that's the time to spend time together
I think there are too many single mothers without much sense, their priorities are all out of whack. He's your kid, no one else's. You should be protecting and raising them not worrying about what your play partner does or thinks. When they're 18 you can do whatever the hell you want.

You already got divorced and left them minus one parent, who is now part time. On second thought yea introduce him to any guy you meet he needs to get used to losing attachments let's traumatize him further.
 fixitfred
Msg: 82 (view)

Guys who can't or won't fix things around the house
Posted: 5/24/2008 10:59:07 PM
There was another thread that about beat this to death "I need a man NOW" I already posted there I can fix most things and always willing to fix stuff and trade sexual services for it. I can't help being a nice guy.
 fixitfred
Msg: 303 (view)

Why men don´t want to get committed these days
Posted: 5/24/2008 6:10:00 PM

You know, every man I've ever suggested things to has been quick to point out that no one else has ever complained so it must be me. LOL
You need to stroke his ego. Your suggestion probably sounded like "you cum too fast, if you went longer I might have been able to cum too" or maybe you got over instructional, "Maybe next time you can (do this or do that) and that might make you do better next time because I didn't enjoy what you were doing.

Ladies, can I have a show of hands on that one? Anyone heard that before?

Men, ever hear the phrase " you won't be disappointed, I promise" I have and almost always am disappointed. "I never had any complaints" THAT IS A WOMANS LINE.

If at your age you haven't learned to tickle a guy and whisper in his ear and smile and wink and lick your lips and grab him by his dlck and make him do things you want him to do and make him think he's leading the way, it's too late for you. Anything instructional would result in mechanical behavior that even us dumb men can pickup on. If you really want to know I can suggest a few things as an example but I don't like doing it. It makes me feel funny.

I was hesitant to mention it but brownie man brought it up. The key is manipulation through ego stroking. Not the evil negative manipulation most women like to practice.

CAUTION - You ust be over 18 to proceed past this point
Class is now in session:
I love how your c0ck feels when you put it in me it feels soooo good and you defiantly are the perfect size for me but I must be doing something wrong because it doesn't go as long as I hope it would because I would love to have you inside me forever, hmmmmm, please tell me what I'm doing wrong and help me do it better so we can go longer. When I do it right and we go for a long time it makes me sooooo hot.

When you get it in me it feels so good but the last time when you licked my clit with the up and down and little swirly motion I think it made me cum because it felt so good. Did you taste the juices you caused me to make? I think it made me more wet and as hard as it is to believe I think it actually improved your performance if you can believe that. I think it made you harder or something, I think the extra lube you made for me made the strokes feel longer and harder. The kissing you did and nibbling on my ear was great. I ddn't think I could take it I thought I would cum righ there but it felt so good I wanted it to on forever, wel almost forever. I don't know why other guy's can't learn from you on how to please. I feel sorry for other women who have men that don't know or don't care about making a woman feel like a woman. I'm sooo lucky to have you how do you do it? Did someone tell you to try and prolong the foreplay because that would get you more pu$$y because that works for me?
 fixitfred
Msg: 294 (view)

Posted: 5/24/2008 4:48:04 PM
Again I have to repeat myself for the slow of understanding. Some people in communications don't communicate well, as in listening and understanding. They may be easy on the eye's and might be used to guys agreeing just to get along. A concept many women in the forums find a little disconcerting. When men feel free to speak the truth. We learn not to argue with woman we deal with in real life, not because they are right or even make sense but because if we don't they make our life miserable. So most men just go along and lie when necessary to placate. Okay, so back to the topic at hand.

Funny how you overlooked the precursor to that public discussion. But I guess it's ok to publicly accuse your wife of being frigid, just not ok for her to defend herself.

Funny how you overlooked the probable actual precursor behind closed doors with the nagging and belittling and other abuse and mistreatment he may have endured and that many men end up enduring. Yes she may have tried communicating to him by saying. "Is that the best you can do?" "You don't know how to do it, do you? you can't do anything right", "I'm too hot", "I'm too cold, "Not now, I have a headache" "Turn on the light". "Turn off the light". " I'm thirsty", "Go shave first and brush your teeth.", "I wish it was bigger", "It's too big it hurts", "Put more KY on it", "Is it in yet?", "No, not like that". "Hurry up and finish already", "No, I'm not doing that". Blah, blah, blah

Are easyoneverything and carolann0308 sisters?

Allow me to recap my over simplified formula for success in relationships. This does not apply to the few psycho men out there. When you make a man feel like a man he will go out of his way to take care of and please his woman and will want to be the man she treats him like. That includes and especially pertains to giving the best orgasms a girl has ever had. Some mistreatment and even abuse towards women comes from men's frustration in how they have been mistreated. Their inability to deal with the lack of respect and ego stroking causes them to lash out. No excuse for this behavior but some woman exasterbate this by not understanding what a man needs and how to treat him.
 fixitfred
Msg: 282 (view)

Posted: 5/24/2008 3:51:46 PM

Yarimelma, you forgot to mention she has some other guy's kid.
I wouldn't mind the kid as long as they are old enough to be weened I want my shot at suckling and getting a taste. Sorry couldn't help myself.
 fixitfred
Msg: 17 (view)

Posted: 5/24/2008 3:20:15 PM
So does
$XXX,000 a year
means he is making six figures? He probably was bragging many men that are able to generate large sums of cash put a lot of effort into it and measure themselves by the $. I make a decent salary but play it down. I try not to tell people who I work for (a fortune 100 company) or what I really do because I find a lot of people think I make more than I do when I tell them who I work for and what I do (fixing computers and stuff)

I also say 9" only because if I said 12" it might scare women off!
 fixitfred
Msg: 275 (view)

Posted: 5/24/2008 2:51:46 PM
As men get older the prostate swells up reducing libido and functionality. Excessive wine or whine from a woman makes it a lot harder to perform. Read the previous example of a woman complaining in public about her 2 pump chump, she gets what she deserves. She probably causes some of that.

I spend too much time trying to inject reason into these mindless forums. I need to do some work on my motor and get ready to get my daughter and go fishing. Spend the summer floating around doing some fishing and skiing and forgetting about all my troubles. I understand now where the joke came from about what a boat is. A hole in the water that you throw money into.
 fixitfred
Msg: 271 (view)

Posted: 5/24/2008 2:18:05 PM
I don't like to focus one a single individual or topic but is it just me when I read?

Agreeing that sex has nothing to do with a man's desire to get married is a contradiction in what way? I get the contradiction part, you already mentioned that
Or is this a contradiction that in the same sentence or next explains itself. I think it's just the way you write but it confuses and bothers me.

This cumming from a woman, I think many men would disagree.

If it came from a man, would it be different?
Yes, you are making statements on a mans behalf from a woman. I think womens menstrual periods are nothing at all, a pad, a week later, over, so damn easy even a cave woman could do it. There's the shoe on the other foot, see what I mean?

I do as well - as a matter of fact, in my social circle I hear more complaints that although men wanted sex constantly during the early dating process, once the serious relationship/marriage happened, the women were the ones initiating/wanting sex far more often.
Is this a group of independent women? Women's liber's bordering on being femi nazi's, women responsible for the demasculanization of men and then surprised when men don't act like real men? Women that nag and bltch and wonder why their man has lost his sex drive around her and may seek out strange woman? women that attach conditions to sex that make it less than appealing. I use every opportunity to explain to women that they have a lot of responsibility in behaving and treating their man right in order to be treated how they think they deserve to be.

Me thinks the post below shows a lack of understanding of what I just said or a complete failure to understand or acknowledge the concept of treating a man like a man in order for him to act like one. This is what I try to explain and oversimplify when I say women have control over a large part men's behavior. They mistreat a man and then are surprised and blame the man for how he acts or reacts.
 fixitfred
Msg: 268 (view)

Posted: 5/24/2008 12:16:12 PM

Personally I don't think sex has ever been an issue for men who REALLY wanted it
This cumming from a woman, I think many men would disagree.

nor do I think it has anything to do with marriage (unless getting married guarantees he'll never have sex again, of course)
This is what I referred to as you contradicting yourself . It's like you are trying to write your own point, counter point.

but 12 seconds of foreplay and 2 minutes of pumping at me until you get off is BORING.
Guys like this make me sick and makes it harder for the rest of us. I like foreplay and do the reverse. I do at least 2 min or great foreplay then get at least a few good strokes, I look for quality not quantity. 2 min + 12 sec = great joy.
 fixitfred
Msg: 27 (view)

Breaking News!!
Posted: 5/24/2008 12:10:36 AM
I think it was a real study haven't heard it was a hoax although it did sound like one. So the question is ladies, would you do it at least twice a week and swallow if it indeed does reduce your breast cancer risk by up to 40%?

So now instead of saying "If you loved me baby you'd do it and swallow it all up."
"I love you and want you to be around for a long time so please just swallow your medicine."
 fixitfred
Msg: 4 (view)

Study: Fellatio may significantly decrease the risk of breast cancer in women
Posted: 5/24/2008 12:09:43 AM
I think it was a real study haven't heard it was a hoax although it did sound like one. So the question is ladies, would you do it at least twice a week and swallow if it indeed does reduce your breast cancer risk by up to 40%?

So now instead of saying "If you loved me baby you'd do it and swallow it all up."
"I love you and want you to be around for a long time so please just swallow your medicine."
 fixitfred
Msg: 229 (view)

Posted: 5/23/2008 8:47:42 PM

I've not met a man yet that actually wanted to be needed......and most of the men I've met have had the attitude of "what's in it for me."
Just the fact that you have no idea what you're talking about really makes me wonder what planet you're from. I already made the joke that you're not even from Venus so all you're spewing must be coming from Uranus.

ABSOLUTELY! I once dated a man who was b*tching
so she starts off her post b1tching about a guy bltching. ( Her follow on post is also a bltch)

I knew his ex was a grocery store cashier, not making much money
So what does this have to do with anything and who's fault is this?

Well let me add my bltch. I'm paying about the same amount of child support signed over the house and she makes more than I do. So I guess any comments I make is mindless bltching?

keep control over his money (and her)
The majority of women like to comment then complain when money is taken away from them. Well you try to have money taken from you and see what you have to say. And tell me how he is controlling her?

So the topic of this thread is "Why men don´t want to get committed these days"
Marriage is not sought....
Then not so surprisingly another woman makes it about her. I guess any man stupid enough to consider marrying again needs to be committed!
 fixitfred
Msg: 656 (view)

Curvy Vs Slim
Posted: 5/23/2008 5:40:42 PM

Oh, is a size 14, BAD Thing... cause I must of missed that some where....
This is the kind of defensiveness where there is no attack that makes one believe you should be on the offensive.
 fixitfred
Msg: 197 (view)

Posted: 5/23/2008 5:35:00 PM

I was married for 14 years before I called it quits. That's considered pretty darn succesful.
So by your definition and age you have the time to be successful 2 or 3 more times in your lifetime. If it happens again you can say you were twice the success of most.

I think ugly betty has her own demons and seems to contradict herself in her own arguments.

Now the OP is the most confusing of all. I can only guess that she wants to get married and feels her best asset is between her legs and to compete she needs to use what she has to get a man. Buried amongst the whining she says.
To make a man want to get married to you marriage must have something to offer.
Yet she doesn't have the courage and conviction to provide anything more than pu$$y.
 fixitfred
Msg: 48 (view)

How much information do you need to accept a blind date?
Posted: 5/22/2008 11:12:40 PM

I'm visual...so for sure I need a picture...
So this was either a joke or the definition or irony. All this from a woman who doesn't have a pic posted.
 fixitfred
Msg: 10 (view)

What do you do??
Posted: 5/22/2008 8:19:57 PM
I report the OP for posting lame hypotheticals under the Relationships category.
 fixitfred
Msg: 114 (view)

How important is money?
Posted: 5/22/2008 8:16:58 PM
Women equate money with security. It's just that some like a lot of security.
 fixitfred
Msg: 94 (view)

How can men stop having feelings so quickly?
Posted: 5/22/2008 7:56:20 PM

Because men have no heart what so ever, They are heartless, The only thing that they think with is their PENIS...
Thinking like this is promoted and encouraged by girls that think they are princesses and like to show skin and caption their pics with lines like "I am so damn cute", "I have been a very bad girl" and "take me now."
 fixitfred
Msg: 31 (view)

I married a gay guy!
Posted: 5/18/2008 6:09:59 PM

forget what everyone syas
How do you know what anyone has said it appears that you have not read any of the four whole pages written.

and just dump him.
This is evidence of your intelectual laziness and not reading anything. He left and she is getting divorced or already divorced. That's her story and she's sticking to it.
 fixitfred
Msg: 59 (view)

Talking about sex before even meeting
Posted: 5/18/2008 5:53:35 PM

a red flag of a potential abuser for I go to Domestic Survivor meetings.
Not knowing about your situation I need to tread lightly but "RED FLAG", You're kidding right? Is this what you talk about at your survivor meetings? It's good to talk about it but sometimes going to meetings make you focus on the very thing you are trying to get over and may even define you. Move on (no, not dot org)

Most men are just looking for sex
This statement always bothers me. This may be true for many men but women usually go overboard and think ALL men are just looking for sex and the trigger is asking about it. Handle the questions, don't avoid it and assume the worse. We use our experiences to guide us but don't make them into blinders.

and they do not care about we as woman and human beings
Sorry but this is close to psycobable and I suspect may have come from your meetings. Do women care about men and our needs to keep out masculinity intact? I think todays society with overblown womens lib feminazi's may be partly responsible for creating some violence and mistreatment of women by lesser men.

we are not prudes we are genuine ladies........do not change.....
We do not know what you are until we inquire. I was married to a prude for many many years and will not do that again and will do my best to determine what you are before I go any further.

What guys fail to realize sometimes is if a woman is truely into you. The sex will be great.
In a perfect world yes but if you are a woman that enjoys sex you may have difficulty believing they're are woman that hate sex. I just want to make a determination without sending up RED FLAG'S.

I think its important to find out about sexual compatability, not necessarily before you meet but prefer that issues like that get aired early on. Low libido people and high libido people are never gonna live happily ever after and then theres the small matter of size, no biggie to some but an enormous problem for others lol.. I should be so lucky haha..
Every once in a while the reasonable voice of logic is heard. Women that say things like this though, scare me.
 fixitfred
Msg: 9 (view)

Textured Condoms?
Posted: 5/18/2008 1:42:14 PM

Theyre rubbish
I try to tell girls this but they insist.
 fixitfred
Msg: 28 (view)

I married a gay guy!
Posted: 5/18/2008 1:03:17 PM

fixitfred, i cant helpl but wonder how many dates your gonna get after saying that.
Why do you keep picking on me? I don't think it will affect my dating or relationships with women. I try not to comment on some things until I really know someone. When I get with a woman, however I do act out on my feelings. I often can't help myself and when I'm with a woman and I find the lesbian feelings in me just come out and I have little control and just go with them.
 fixitfred

the sleep issue
Posted: 5/18/2008 12:43:59 PM

I shave half my cho-cha to look like old cop young cop
Is it too late to help you split the difference?

Unless of course he's snores then not so good
DAMN IT!
 fixitfred
Msg: 26 (view)

I married a gay guy!
Posted: 5/18/2008 10:30:35 AM
I always thought of myself as a lesbian trapped in a mans body and I can't help but act on those feelings.
 fixitfred
Msg: 24 (view)

I married a gay guy!
Posted: 5/17/2008 10:12:13 PM

No this is not a made up story
Even though it sounds like it is.

My profile says Im single becuase my divorce is final
Single means never married, divorced means, well, it means you got divorced.

No I did not let him in the "pooper shooter"
This is what I'm talking about. His curiosity caused him to turn. It's not to late for me to "fill you in".
 fixitfred
Msg: 21 (view)

I married a gay guy!
Posted: 5/17/2008 9:07:36 PM
You obviously made him that way but don't feel bad. We need to get together and I can tell you what you did wrong so it won't happen again.
 fixitfred
Msg: 44 (view)

He Ignored My Birthday, Should I Ignore His?
Posted: 5/17/2008 1:39:49 PM

so don't be surprised if one day you explode in a passive-aggressive stance and knock his block off.... at the same time.
I would be surprised because by definition passive-aggressive behavior doesn't include knocking anyones block off, even at the same time.
 fixitfred
Msg: 55 (view)

Posted: 5/17/2008 1:13:22 PM

i could imagine what he gonna do to me if i ended up sleeping with him
Have sex like you talked about? If he goes overboard that should tell you something. Don't assume if he brings it up thats all he has on his mind.

I also, as previously mentioned, like to test people to gauge their tolerance level. Women don't like talking about sex and can do without it. The chances of them meeting a guy that actually doesn't like sex is very slim. The chances of men meeting a woman that doesn't like sex is a lot higher. There are even woman that don't merely dislike sex they hate it. I've said it before but a little screening and a little tolerance go a long way.

Women go overboard with their reactions from pre-conceived notions and misconceptions sometimes. Although some are justified, keep an open mind. Just because something is brought up doesn't mean that's all they think about. If I brought up movies does that mean that's all I think about(no not porn, not exclusively anyway). If I mentioned cooking does that also mean I'm obsessed and like to cook all the time (no fat jokes).
 fixitfred
Msg: 42 (view)

Posted: 5/17/2008 10:50:17 AM
The mention of missing holidays were mentioned so the "relationship" must have been going on for a while. How long has he been out of work? Is it a transient event or is he really an unemployed loser? Does he treat you well? Some guys are like that so if it bothers you need to decide if you want to hang around and just get used to it. I try not to celebrate Christmas or Valentines day or other overly commercial common holidays. I do try to make personal events like birthdays special though. Not knowing many of the facts it does sound like you are desperate.

Some may not have liked my last comment but I was merely saying that I bet you are having sex with this guy. He's certainly not going to make an effort to change because by you accomidating him he thinks everything he's doing is fine.
 fixitfred

Dating a Schlemiel
Posted: 5/16/2008 9:54:39 PM
I know what a Sclemeel and a Schlemazel is but wtf is hasenfeffer incorporated?
 fixitfred
Msg: 22 (view)

stretch marks
Posted: 5/16/2008 9:10:57 PM

...and said I had no pictures to post because I lost weight over the past year
Stretch marks I can deal with it's all that loose skin that grosses me out.
 fixitfred
Msg: 58 (view)

setting your standards too high - on purpose
Posted: 5/16/2008 8:29:56 PM
I have unreasonably high standards. I'm fat but don't like big gals. I barely graduated high school but expect an educated woman. I'm a slob but expect the woman to be neat.
 fixitfred
Msg: 8 (view)

Textured Condoms?
Posted: 5/16/2008 8:16:40 PM

personally for me ribbed condoms do feel better then regular ones.
That because you prefer the "dots"

I sometimes get selfish during sex and turn the ribbed condoms inside out for MY pleasure.
 fixitfred
Msg: 36 (view)

Posted: 5/16/2008 8:05:10 PM

I always travel to him as he's unemployed at the moment and says he can't afford to come to me
I think this says it all. I bet you let him cum in you though.
 fixitfred
Msg: 35 (view)

When someone points out that you're old..
Posted: 5/11/2008 6:26:15 PM
I just saw a “UBS” commercial about an old golfer telling the younger kid that when he was younger he hit the ball over a big tree to hit the green. So the kid tries it and smashes the ball and it hits the top of the tree and falls down short. The old guy laughs then tells the kid when he was younger the tree was only a few feet tall.
 fixitfred
Msg: 588 (view)

Curvy Vs Slim
Posted: 5/11/2008 5:45:15 PM

There are enough curves that you can have a great time driving around the corners of my speedtrack.

You can say whatever you want but without pictures it may be a warning sign that the track may be run down and dilapidated. It may even be a huge oval with no hairpin turns.
 fixitfred
Msg: 34 (view)

Posted: 5/11/2008 2:01:01 PM

... the proverbial nail on the head...
Wait, I thought you sprinkle the pixie dust on their head like Beatlgeuse and shrink them.
 fixitfred
Msg: 581 (view)

Curvy Vs Slim
Posted: 5/11/2008 1:38:58 PM
I personally don't prefer gals that are too big. Saying that makes some big girls feel they need to speak out, why? MANY girls don't like what I look like do I lash out at them also and call them hater's? Some say fat isn't sexy, FALSE. To some it is just not to me or some others. I find excessive fat repulsive not a polite thing to say but civility is not always found online so I often feel free to join in.

I also said fat wasn't healthy, then people want to point out that smoking or genetices play a part in health, absolutly but does that negate the fact that fat is unhealthy? Is that how you go through life pointing out the people you think are worse off then you. Comparing yourself to the lowest common denomenator instead of striving for your own personnal best. Then others want to ask me if I'm fat in an accusational tone. I already admitted to being fat. Why try to rationalize that being fat is okay? I have and still do but the fact is it is not okay and losing the excess can be done. I currently lack the disipline and motavation it takes but at least I don't say it can't be done or that I feel good about myself. I hate when people call me fat but maybe if I get mad enough and besides beating the shlt out of them I might just get to the point where I finaly decide enough is enough I need to lose it. I joke that I am waiting for my first heart attack, assuming I make it through, to eat right and excersize because many times it takes an earth shattering event to put you in the right frame of mind and actually motivate you into action. I recently got some high bp meds and at no time was I told to lose weight. That's were we are as a society today where fat is so common place and people don't like to hear it that medical professionals don't tell you what you need to hear. Don't go along and fool yourself. Okay, Your turn fat people feel free to blast me or sit on me. Try to be gentle I bruise easily and hey, I'm one of you.
 fixitfred
Msg: 304 (view)

why judge people on welfare?
Posted: 5/9/2008 3:46:37 PM

It means that people shouldn't have to choose between buying groceries or diapers. But some people do have to make those choices and if it is a situation that you cannot prepare for then I don't see the problem giving them a little help.

This was already mentioned and people like to say it as if it was a profound statement of need. This thread has gone round and round and choices or bad choices have already been mentioned. If you are in a bad financial situation DO NOT HAVE CHILDREN! I'm all for you doing what you want and messing up your life but don't mess up any kids lives. I may have already mentioned I knew a girl that had a baby and DID NOT BELIEVE IN WELFARE, I thought she could use some diapers so I bought her some.
 fixitfred
Msg: 78 (view)

Posted: 5/8/2008 9:58:51 PM

Men live on the plain of logic, they have learned to surpress thier emotions

That's funny, men are from Mars not Vulcan.
 fixitfred
Msg: 28 (view)

Posted: 5/6/2008 9:28:03 PM
What I find interesting is that someone your age gave this enough thought to get opinions on it.

usually women in their mid-20s who I am NOT trying to pick-up, say to me "You're old"
You go out of your way to state this and I'm not sure why.
 fixitfred
Msg: 47 (view)

Posted: 5/4/2008 5:34:15 PM

Here's my reason to wait until you are face to face. If he is unable or finds it uncomfortable to talk about sex in person I am not interested. The amount of men who CAN blather on and on about sex online is numerous. The amount of men who are comfortable talking about sex face to face is not so numerous.

I don't wait an eternity before meeting someone.

It's like so many things on here - one can talk the talk, but not all can walk the walk.

This is what reminded me of a girl I was seeing that scared me. Comming from a pretty girl, yea us guys like to talk but when push comes to shove, all bets are off.
 fixitfred
Msg: 505 (view)

Curvy Vs Slim
Posted: 5/4/2008 4:55:12 PM
I just made a simple statement of fact and nothing was personalized except me stating a personal preference. Then a slew of personal attacks ensued against me. I learned not to take comments from the bitter POF forum posters personally but allow me to address the less then friendly comments.

Fred darlin - I just read your profile.
I find people like to do that to get background and/or ammo for an attack, wait for it.

Didn't have to wait long, here it is.
You are 49 and state that you carry a 'few extra pounds'.
What does age have to do with anything other than it's more than likely to have a few extra pounds at 49 as opposed to 19. When my kids were younger they saw me in a pic without a shirt with my wife and they freaked out and said “Dad you almost had a six pack", I had a few extra pounds back then too but they couldn't imagine the fat guy they knew as their father once didn't have a big ole' gut on him.

Are YOU 'curvy'? Or just FAT - as you so LOVE to state?
Men don't use "curvy", we hide behind heavy set and stocky or muscular. I have used all of those descriptions but yes I am fat and although I do carry my weight well, as said many times by many others, I have broad shoulders, some muscles and a big frame with no man boobs. I have a big belly that I told myself was okay but recently new studies suggest even with just a big waist the incidence of high bp, diabetes and cancer go up significantly. Fat is fat and it is not healthy. I see women take it personally when I say that. Why get mad at me? Get mad at Hagen Das or the AMA for determining that your lifespan will be cut short. FAT IS NOT HEALTHY, don't think you're okay because you're comfortable with yourself and live in a state of denial. Lose the F@%#$#* weight as I know I should and would like to do.

I am ashamed that Fred is a man
I am glad that the person that said this is not a man

Always seems to be acceptable for a man to carry weight and not a woman.
That may be true and I count on the fact that many women are not as shallow or superficial as men. So “stocky” guys like me have half a chance.

Guess what, I am happy
Good for you but since we are personalizing go see your doctor and ask him if you are at increased risk for health problems and see if he makes you happier.

Oh, and by the way... I was anorexic,
So you have or had deep seated issues but swinging way over to the other side doesn't make you healthy.

No diets for me, no running around getting surgery,
How about cutting out the fatty snacks and exercising. I like my junk food but trying to eat less while trying to eat more rabbit food and try to get out and do more physical activity.

and no wasted emotion or time on the likes of Fred.
Looks like you exerted quite a bit to express yourself with your misplaced hostility.

The difference between them and you is that they don't hate a woman for not being their ideal
Read every single word of every post I have ever made. HATE???? I simply said it wasn't healthy and I was speaking in general terms it wasn't specifically aimed at anyone. If you want the definition of hater resad what you wrote then look in the mirror, don’t be hatin'

So little Fredie wants sweet and petite ... HAHAHAHA

He is still living the *dream* .... there will be one big splatttt when he hits the earth !!
My last girlfriend within the last year was a petite gal, she was 39 and looking for a younger guy so I was defiantly not what she was looking for, she was looking for a younger stud muffin but we got together and were quite friendly for a while. We got real friendly and she wanted multiple friendliness on the same day and she scared me as an older guy who’s parts all work but not as good as they used to. She put on a see through nighty once and looked very HOT and asked me to spend the night after a bout of friendliness and I mumbled some excuses’ and ran out of there. So I’m not sure if I was living a dream or a nightmare. wild heart made a post on another thread that reminded me of her and she even looks similar to her. Her age range is even the same. Women like that intimidate me in my old age.

So comment on what was said and stick to the facts. Don’t take it out on me go for a walk and eat a salad.
 fixitfred
Msg: 239 (view)

To love, honor, and... OBEY?!?
Posted: 5/4/2008 1:42:48 PM

You contradicted yourself. You say youdon't expect her to say obey in the vows but you'd leave her at the alter if she won't. Huh?
I don't think it was a contradiction and I have the same attitude. I mentioned it earlier. If she doesn't want to obey, I don't want to be with her. I think you misinterpret the idea behind the word. It doesn't mean to do what you're told and obey. It's more of an concept of giving one's self over.

The USA was founded in part with Judeo-Christiian values that has evolved over time along with the world. You're not even old enough to have been oppressed so why be so bitter? Perhaps you left the old country because of that but it wasn't me that opressed you. Women have equal rights and protection under the law.

Lets look at Budism and it's influence on far eastern countries where women follow a few steps behind the man or good ole' Islam where woman have to cover up can't go to school and get beaten and killed for not OBEYING the man. Then we come to America (the greatest country in the world) Where woman have legal protection and can do everything a man can do except come up with logical arguements.
 fixitfred
Msg: 67 (view)

Posted: 5/4/2008 1:26:21 AM
I sometimes just read the first and last postings and I find this gem:

... I met a guy a few months back and we went out a couple times.
(I bet he paid so you wouldn't think he was a cheapskate)
I wasn't really interested in him at the time but thought about it and decided to give him a chance , and so we started dating all the time.
What was left out was: I have been done wrong by so many guys I don't think I should give this guy or any man a real chance but that will be my little secret. He probably felt like he had 2 strikes against him.

He treated me great and we were always going out,
Did he keep paying so you wouldn't think he was a cheapskate? What was left out: I kept telling him how all men have done me wrong and he had better not do the same. I wasn't going to treat him like he should be treated untill such time that I deem him worthy or hell freezes over.

I met his daughters (all grown), spent alot of time with him, he even asked me to come along to look at stuff he might buy for his new home.
So it appeared that he was treating you decently while the relationship was going on and you two really got to know each other.

Everything seemed fine even though he was always busy with work and stuff.
He had to work hard to be able to date. He had to always pay as he didn't want you to think he was a cheapskate.
Then we saw each other on a friday night, and emailed nightly a few nights, then he stopped writing. A week went by and I wrote him.

He was trying to let you down easy. He found out what he needed and moved on. You just weren't for him.

he said he was just too busy to see me and asked me if I had met anyone and even suggested joined a dating site??
His hints had to be more direct because you didn't get the message, he just wasn't into you, it happens.

I had become used to having this man in my life

Yea he probably felt you had become used to him, like you get used to a hemmoroid.

and it was very hard to just have it end with no break up or anything, no real ending.

Maybe if we all knew what a real ending was. A big fight? A leter? (notorized?) Breakup sex?

just like when you start talking to someone when you are at the store and then you go you own way . I guess men dont' really care that much and are only out to use women.

Is this the we had sex, therefore, he owed me line but without him doing what I wanted him to do, means he used me? He might have felt your treatment was like someone you meet at the store. By your own admission you weren't interested in him but you gave him a chance.

I use it as a learning tool though and I will be very tough with the next guy I meet, it will take him longer to earn my respect.
Yes, chase away the next guy you meet toting your damaged woman baggage from relationship to relationship. Here's my question. Did you perhaps take out your previous bad relationship on him or tell him about it and all your problems. Women call it sharing men call it whinning and nagging.

Not meaning to be a b****
Oh no, of course not.
but I have found it takes longer than a couple months to be able to trust someone.

Of course it takes time and yes normally longer than a few months. That's what dating is spending time with someone to see if you are compatable and hopefully enjoy the time spent. He obviously thought you were not for him. Move on, next, most guys live in the here and now. Part of being a man is not to show your feelings especially if you're hurt. Man up, tough it out. Do what some of you woman do best and take it out on the next poor sap who you start by giving him only half a chance.
 fixitfred
Msg: 9 (view)

7 of 10 is gone.
Posted: 5/3/2008 9:00:26 PM
I thought you were talking about 7 of 9. She never rejoined the collective.

Show ALL Forums