Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Sleep Touching
 EdKansas
Msg: 27 (view)

Sleep Touching
Posted: 2/24/2015 12:33:48 AM
Mike you suffer from the same fundamental misunderstanding of the law and its application as Aradia. Neither of you has applied the elements of rape to these specific facts. You both simply come to a conclusion.

And again, to be clear, rape is gender neutral. The law does not favor women over men. If they did, it would violate equal protection.

But if you still think I'm wrong, feel free to IRAC it for me.
 EdKansas
Msg: 22 (view)

Sleep Touching
Posted: 2/22/2015 8:32:43 PM

can a woman be charge sexual assault for having sex with his Erection While he is Sleeping?

That would be rape and yes she can. Women do rape men; male arousal is not a necessary element.
 EdKansas
Msg: 18 (view)

Sleep Touching
Posted: 2/21/2015 12:23:21 AM

Depends how drunk but usually they would say he raped her. Yeah the laws are swayed like that

You don't have nearly enough facts to make a determination of rape. One of the parties being asleep does not necessarily mean that consent was given, like prior to falling asleep. Under your simplistic analysis, a husband would be raping his wife if he woke her up by going down on her. That is ludicrous.

As to your assault analysis, a person has to be aware of imminent touching. You can't be aware if you are asleep.
 EdKansas
Msg: 8 (view)

Forums are horrible
Posted: 2/19/2015 3:20:36 PM
Some really angry people here.
 EdKansas
Msg: 1 (view)

Forums are horrible
Posted: 2/19/2015 1:17:11 PM
I'm not a tech person but the way your forums work is way out of date.

If I'm in a sub forum I should be able to see what threads I've replied to.

I should be able to go to the next unread comment.

I should be logged out while I'm writing a comment, that forces me to backspace, copy, post, log in, paste, and post again.

Seriously get it together
 EdKansas
Msg: 20 (view)

The Lawrence Welk Show OR Wunnerful, Wunnerful! and Ah-One, Ah-Two!
Posted: 2/19/2015 1:14:05 PM
1. Forced to watch. That show was the terrible. If I were a dictator that wanted to pacify my citizens, I would play that 24/7.

2. So no yearning for a time that was sexually repressed.

People aren't any different now than they have every been. It is your subjective memory which is different.
 EdKansas

Sleep Touching
Posted: 2/19/2015 1:02:57 PM

If she didn't consent to that, you sexually assaulted her. Can't help but feel like you are a perv and assaulted her

Is that your legal opinion or are you just blowing steam?
 EdKansas
Msg: 22 (view)

FMF experiences
Posted: 2/19/2015 12:59:23 PM
OP, try reddit.com

There are sub forums that cater to this very thing...and people much more open to having a mature conversation about it.
 EdKansas
Msg: 55 (view)

The pope and so called selfish couples...
Posted: 2/17/2015 11:21:06 PM
Christians and atheists have troubling agreeing on the existence of one particular god.

Fortunately, christians and atheists find common ground on their mutual disbelief on the other one thousand nine hundred and ninety-nine gods that man has claimed to exist.

Can't we concentrate on our similarities instead of our differences?
 EdKansas
Msg: 36 (view)

difficulty ejaculating with condoms
Posted: 2/15/2015 8:15:20 PM
I didn't see anyone suggest female condoms? Anyone have any experience with them?

And yea OP just so you don't feel alone, I find it very difficult to use them. So much so that I will just abstain from having intercourse if condoms are a deal breaker. There are other things to do besides that.
 EdKansas
Msg: 13 (view)

Bad sex vs no sex
Posted: 2/15/2015 8:07:53 PM
Gonna vote walk away. If its a sex thing and the sex isn't there, then whats the point? Awful sex is awful.
 EdKansas
Msg: 66 (view)

Bikini wax
Posted: 2/15/2015 8:02:03 PM
Triangle or landing strip e.g. some hair on the top
 EdKansas
Msg: 60 (view)

reality check
Posted: 2/15/2015 7:58:59 PM
My experience has taught me that, except for the naughty bits, men and women are the same.

Having said that, if your goal (as a man) is to get laid on the first date there is an easy two step method that has a 100% success rate: Step #1 - Be attractive: The more attractive you are, the better your chances. Step #2 - Don't be ugly. There is an exception if you have mad game, but I can't speak to that since I have no game. Moral of the story is, If you aren't attractive, you are going to have to work it.

My take away from what OP was saying (or maybe what I decided to read into it) was that a profile that states "I'm not a booty call...not looking for FWB...real men only" or whatever, envinces a type of sexual or social immaturity. There is really no reason to put that in your profile. Is that going to keep the creeps away? Is some guy who is generally inappropriate going to read that and come to the realization that he had better stop being creepy? Probably not.

So what is the reason for saying it in the first place?
 EdKansas
Msg: 17 (view)

Relationship with our Mothers: Important?
Posted: 7/28/2013 7:17:24 AM
Thanks everyone. I appreciate your thoughts.
 EdKansas

Posted: 7/26/2013 9:39:05 PM
Don't harm yourself being around people who are abusive towards you.

Thanks. I tend to agree.

Counseling with a professional.

I've been and found it to be very helpful. I figured out that in the past I tended towards being a "pleaser" because my mom almost never laughed or seemed like she enjoyed life, but I thought I had a good childhood. It wasn't until I was in my 30s that I realized all the ingredients that were missing in our family. The interesting/strange thing is that even though I refuse to take responsibility for someone's emotions, I am still subconsciously drawn to women who are kind of unhappy even though when we initially meet they don't present themselves that way; sort of like how women get involved with abusive/alcoholic men if their father was abusive/alcoholic. Strange and certainly worth talking to someone about.

Kent and Fleuron, seriously get help.

Do i have to have a good relationship with my dad to be a good wife?

No, but I know how I would react because I understand coming from a dysfunctional background. I did date a girl in my twenties who was from "good" family who remarked about the dysfunction in my family and wondered how it had effected me, so its out there.

I do look at how men treat their mothers

And I do treat her with respect. I understand that their is a part of her that can't help herself. But I also know that there is nothing more I can do to make this relationship any better. While your friend sounds noble, my mother is caustic when she gets upset. I can't see voluntarily putting myself in this situation again and I couldn't put anyone else through it either no matter how noble the purpose seemed.

Hiker, sorry to hear that. I think I've worked through the resentment as much as one can. There may always be a sense of "what if" but I think that is natural. The stress I feel now is just from the vibe she gives off when she gets like this. I had been away going to school and what not for the last 10yrs so it was a real system shock to deal with it again.

I think it can be insightful

Yea that is the positive spin I'm trying to put on it. I try to recognize what she is doing, categorize it, and remind myself that it is the wrong behavior. Which may sound strange but her behavior is essentially normal for me. I've had very few experiences around loving families. So in essence, I'm taking bad lessons and trying to do the opposite but it may be coming off as a caricature. lol I might watch that reality show.

Thanks everyone! Certainly food for thought
 EdKansas
Msg: 1 (view)

Posted: 7/26/2013 5:20:03 PM
When I was growing up the stereotype was always that if a man didn't have a good relationship with his mother then he would not make a good husband. Is that attitude still prevalent among women today?

Obviously I'm asking because that is my situation. Knowing that, I've tried to create a relationship with my mother in the hope that I would glean something from it that would in turn help me in maintaining long term relationships. Unfortunately, she has a number of mental disorders that will never allow us to be truly close; even though I know she loves me in her own [mentally abusive] way.

Would this present a problem?
If so, what is the best way to deal with it?
 EdKansas
Msg: 9 (view)

Jury duty frequency
Posted: 7/24/2013 7:56:07 PM
I've never been called, but then I move around a lot. I tried to volunteer the summer before law school. They were not amused. lol
 EdKansas
Msg: 71 (view)

Money vs Size, should men enlarge too!
Posted: 7/11/2013 3:27:20 PM
I just read this, thought I would share:

It isn't the size of the ship,
or the motion of the ocean.

It's whether the captain stays in port long enough for all the passengers to get off.

/hattip
 EdKansas
Msg: 25 (view)

Dustin Hoffman's interview
Posted: 7/11/2013 3:02:13 PM
Beatriceistheone wrote:

I think people who are overweight, obese and not that great looking actually have better lives because they have more substance in their lives.

Think what you like but this is generally not true.

I was a PYT then and all the guys thought that I was so fascinating due to my looks.

You miss the point. Because you were good looking, you had the opportunity to meet people. The Opportunity was yours to do with as you pleased. You could choose to be vapid or deep, but you had the choice. People not so similarly situated lack even the choice because the opportunities are fewer and further apart.

The above is why I have a hard time understanding DH's perspective. His opportunities were, are, and will continue to be enormous; well beyond the opportunities the rest of us possess. He at least has the "star power" to pull all types of people to him. For the rest of us, it is a two way street. My desire to meet and get to know someone must match up with the same desire directed towards me.

He can lament his lost opportunities, but at least he had opportunities.
 EdKansas
Msg: 12 (view)

Meeting off-line
Posted: 7/6/2013 9:09:23 PM
You have a graduate degree and are a medical scientist. That in and of itself is going to be a very high bar for most men. My guess would be that the lower you go on the education ladder the fewer men you will find who have the requisite self confidence to deal with the disparity in education.

I'm sure you understand the no sex before marriage thing isn't all that popular, but you gotta be you. Putting aside our obvious conflicts, (hypothetically) I wouldn't pass up a chance just to sit and say hello. So yea, your good. /shrug. Best wishes.
 EdKansas
Msg: 57 (view)

True innocent or guilty
Posted: 6/30/2013 4:11:07 PM
Skoochie said:

You're entitled to your opinion but you're stretching the definition of murderer to get there. Murder is a crime and has a victim. It's hard for me to point to a convicted murderer and see a victim. Execution is not a crime.
You should try to put yourself in the shoes of the parent whose son or daughter was murdered. Maybe then you'll see what justice means to them.

You speak of justice but seemingly do not understand or do not know that since the Innocence Project began, something like 300 people have been exonerated and taken off death row.

Think about that for a minute. These were trials where the jury knew the crime and knew the potential penalty. Even where they knew and should have restrained themselves to follow the tenants of the law; proof beyond and to the exclusion of every reasonable doubt, they got it wrong.

How many people were executed in the past who were actually innocent? How many people are sitting on death row right now who are actually innocent? How many people are in prison right now who are actually innocent?

You speak of justice but we don't have a justice system. We have a retribution system. We should be ashamed.
 EdKansas
Msg: 21 (view)

My take on woman is they either love sex, or they couldnt care if they ever have it again.
Posted: 6/29/2013 1:59:41 PM
I subscribe to the theory that men and women are the same except for the naughty bits.

All men are sluts. All women are sluts.

They just may not be a slut for you. :)
 EdKansas
Msg: 20 (view)

Thought i was out of the friend zone but
Posted: 6/26/2013 9:25:18 PM
Why would she buy the cow when she can get the milk for free?

See what I did there? :)
 EdKansas

How Long Should I Wait?
Posted: 6/22/2013 8:57:31 AM
3 days is money.
 EdKansas
Msg: 52 (view)

True innocent or guilty
Posted: 6/21/2013 7:03:12 PM
In America, we have, are, and at least for the foreseeable future executed factually innocent people.

It is so easy for people to dismiss when criminals are killed. We call them criminals. We think of them as criminals. They are something less and something less holds no value. It can be dismissed without a thought.

Of course, if it was your brother, sister, father, mother etc that was killed, well the general population just thinks they must have done "something". It doesn't matter what. It just matters that it was some arbitrary something that doesn't need to be defined. If you can justify, you don't have to think about how that cancerous hate that grows inside you eating away at your humanity.
 EdKansas
Msg: 14 (view)

How can I ask if we can 'go back to (her) place'?
Posted: 6/21/2013 6:45:37 PM
She was upset you didn't "protect" her. You aren't the kind of guy to pull her into an alley if the mood strikes. You are the kind of kind of guy that asks "What are we?" This has been going on for about 6 months.

You don't need advice. You know.
 EdKansas
Msg: 28 (view)

Why does inexperience make women so uncomfortable?
Posted: 6/18/2013 9:19:49 PM
Space you might try re-reading what he wrote. He admits to being afraid to touch women. That is not a rational response to an encounter with a woman unless perhaps you just aren't into women.

There is nothing wrong with getting help. There is nothing wrong with advising someone to get help. Ignoring those facts feeds into an already unjustified social stigma. Does anyone really believe that telling someone who is clearly desperate to be in a relationship and for whom life is half over that they don't need to worry, that we are all beautiful inside?
 EdKansas
Msg: 25 (view)

Why does inexperience make women so uncomfortable?
Posted: 6/18/2013 5:50:05 PM
Get some therapy (nothing to be ashamed of). There is likely an underlying reason why you are "scared" of women.

Then fake it until you make it. Except for the naughty bits, they are just like us.

Show ALL Forums