Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: You know you are getting OLD when...
 Ozarkguy
Msg: 91 (view)

You know you are getting OLD when...
Posted: 6/8/2018 11:42:50 AM
When you're interested in younger women, but then realize now that a younger woman is someone who is 60 years old.
 Ozarkguy
Msg: 13 (view)

What is your max distance?
Posted: 5/24/2018 6:04:50 PM
I don't mind an hour's drive, but after the first few dates, if she doesn't put in the effort to make the drive once in awhile.......then that's a deal breaker. Usually you'll find that they don't put in much of an effort in other areas of the relationship either.
 ozarkguy
Msg: 598 (view)

Am I being made to feel less than a man for being frugal?
Posted: 12/23/2017 9:14:32 AM
@KJ Dang.......you picked up the tab?
I've maybe had a few gals (very few) buy breakfast, usually with the comment that "you can
get dinner" and then only after we probably had had 5-6 dates and quite a few meals under
our belts. But don't ever remember a gal offering to pick up (or split) a dinner tab.

Note to self: Start dating FL gals. :)
 Ozarkguy
Msg: 533 (view)

when you want to get a lot, its location, location, location
Posted: 10/17/2017 8:17:38 AM
^^ I always thought that you use the outside silverware first and work your way to the plate.
Or do as I do. Lag behind just a bit and see what everyone else picks up

Back in my college days on spring break, I had a pal who would wander up and down the beach with
his camera asking if he could take gals' picture. He didn't have any film in the camera, but we were all
jealous that he got invited to some parties and some occasional hookups. Was a great way to break
the ice
 ozarkguy
Msg: 34 (view)

gloryholes
Posted: 7/31/2016 9:04:59 AM
I've never understood this! I'd always be fearful that there's a sicko on the other side with a scalpel and there wouldn't be anything left to pull back through the hole! Lol
 Ozarkguy
Msg: 21 (view)

Gun Control
Posted: 7/1/2016 7:24:58 AM
^^ The 2nd Amendment was included to preclude an oppressive government (i.e. the British circa 1776) from gaining control of ordinary citizens to the extent that it takes away other inalienable rights from those citizens. Nazi Germany in more recent times would be another example
 Ozarkguy
Msg: 15 (view)

OLD and the Buffet Effect
Posted: 3/25/2016 1:43:26 PM
OLD and buffets......Life is short! Eat dessert first!
 Ozarkguy
Msg: 17 (view)

Why on a first date would a man brag about ex girlfriends ?
Posted: 1/10/2016 4:57:25 PM
Well OP, you could always tell him that that sounds like one of your friends, co-workers, etc. and ask him her name. He'll probably stutter around because she and all of his other ex's probably don't exist. He probably wouldn't bring up any more.

Or....if you don't plan on a second date you could always say something like "Gee, it sounds like you've been dating way out of your league if all of these fantastic women didn't think that you were a 'great catch'!"
 Ozarkguy
Msg: 74 (view)

Women too picky
Posted: 12/1/2015 6:00:44 PM
I've found that my OLD preferences are not always the same as what I seem to be attracted to IRL dating. Non-smokers might be the exception. Just because someone meets your picky dating site preferences, that doesn't mean that there will be a connection when you finally meet. Women that I've met on the internet never seem to meet my expectations even after exchanging some emails or chatting on the phone. I'd much rather meet someone IRL that doesn't have all of my picky preferences like hair color, height, education, etc. etc., but someone I'm attracted to when you make that first contact when all of those picky preferences are the last thing on your mind. So I think people tend to get too obsessed with someone meeting their picky preferences. Just find someone you like (and hopefully likes you, too).
 Ozarkguy
Msg: 43 (view)

PLAYBOY
Posted: 11/6/2015 11:09:04 AM
Many, many, many, many, many moons ago I was in college, living off-campus with an illegal car. (registered as a commuter) I had a friend who dated a couple of guys in my business fraternity who would sometimes call for a ride to campus during rainy/snowy weather. The best part of picking her up was seeing her roommate, Carol Imhof, walking around their apartment in just her t-shirt and panties. To say that Carol was drop dead gorgeous would be an understatement. Plus she had a petite body with about a 36D natural chest. (Being in my early 20's, I noticed details like that)

Both gals were gorgeous and I can still recall seeing them walking into the student union in their narrow tight skirts and sleeveless knit tops to sit at our table for morning coffee. Lots of guys and lots of drool at that table. :)

A couple of years later, Carol Imhof was the December 1970 Playboy Centerfold.

I recall reading that she eventually became a high school teacher in northern Illinois. I bet there weren't very many Dads that missed the parent-teacher conferences
 Ozarkguy
Msg: 14 (view)

At the late night drive in movie, science fiction / double feature, picture show
Posted: 11/2/2015 9:41:54 AM
The 66 Drive In is only about 20 miles away. Didn't make it this summer, but typically go once/twice a year. Take along camp chairs, a cooler with beer/soda and stop for a pizza along the way. Nobody checks for snacks--they're too busy standing in the driveway collecting admission fees. A great summer experience.
 Ozarkguy
Msg: 126 (view)

The world is full of married men
Posted: 10/26/2015 12:09:19 PM
Some of these comments remind me of a couple of years ago when I was meeting one of my buddies for lunch. An acquaintance of ours came in later with his new trophy wife, and after seating her, came over to say Hi. We both new his reputation and my buddy asked him why, whenever he saw him lately, his new wife was always with him. His reply: "Because she used to be my girlfriend." (when he was previously married).

I wonder how many new marriages after an affair are like that.
 Ozarkguy
Msg: 216 (view)

sexiest outfits ?
Posted: 10/16/2015 7:56:20 AM
Silky camisole with matching panties (or not), thigh highs and heels

Or

Jean shorts (with bottoms rolled up slightly), sleeveless knit top and tennies .
 Ozarkguy
Msg: 37 (view)

Opinions on Car Doors
Posted: 10/13/2015 8:09:06 AM
I've had dates (that apparently weren't used to this) ask me "Do you always open doors?"

My standard reply is always "Just for the cute ones".

Kinda sets the tone for the rest of the evening ........
 Ozarkguy
Msg: 37 (view)

RANT
Posted: 10/10/2015 3:39:07 PM
Since there have already been some highway rants.....mine is when you pass me on the interstate and pull back in front of me and proceed to drive 5 mph slower than I was driving when you passed me!!!

I no longer understand toilet seat rants since I saw an episode of Doctor's House Call on Sunday Fox News and one of the doctors mentioned how many germs and bacteria are released into the air when you flush the toilet, and how your toothbrush, hairbrush, wash cloth, towel, etc. are in the nearby vicinity. Being a single guy living by myself, if you come to my house you'll always find the toilet seat AND the lid down.
 Ozarkguy
Msg: 27 (view)

Serial Dating Botton Line!
Posted: 8/24/2015 5:25:11 PM

I have found that men mostly are the ones that dismiss chemistry, don't feel it has to exist and are puzzled when a woman, for instance, says you are nice but she is just not "feeling it". Why she goes for someone that you see as not nearly as worthy as you. The old "nice guy" rant.

I guess I must be an exception. Chemistry is exactly what I'm looking for. And I've found most (notice I didn't say all) gals close to my age are just looking for someone to drag along to all their married friends' activities, or are maybe lonely, or maybe need a little financial assistance or whatever. If they think you're a nice guy and you treat them well, you have a lot of trouble getting away and they're not usually accepting of "just not feeling it".

I don't have a problem being alone while I search. I think I saw the quote in one of these forums: "There is something worse than being single......wishing you were single!!"

Been there, done that!
 Ozarkguy
Msg: 30 (view)

No Games..
Posted: 8/24/2015 4:19:21 PM
I think the "no games" label usually applies post-dating. One person thinks it was game playing when the other person just moved on when they didn't think there was any chemistry. Life happens.
 Ozarkguy
Msg: 5 (view)

Message sent! (no it wasn't because you used a particular word)
Posted: 8/4/2015 5:33:12 PM
I hardly ever send messages, but I did send one a couple of days ago. I'm sure I saw it in my "Sent Msg" but now it's gone. If the receiver deletes the msg, does it disappear from "Sent Msg" or did POF delete my message. Can't remember exactly what I said, but can't imagine that I used one of the "forbidden" words. Anyone know how Sent Msg gets deleted? Also I noticed that she viewed my profile today. May be just a coincidence but I'm curious if she got the message.
 Ozarkguy
Msg: 73 (view)

With POF going to a paid site shortly, will you stick around?
Posted: 7/15/2015 9:01:36 AM
If I were Markus (or the new owner Match.com, for that matter), I would just charge a one-time lifetime fee of $10. Even if half the subscribers left, you would still net $500 million+, and still have the quarterly ad revenue coming in. Just hi-lite the paid members and only allow them to have full access to emailing, forums, etc
 Ozarkguy
Msg: 56 (view)

Do women understand the power of hosiery>
Posted: 7/7/2015 10:08:55 AM
Not a fan of panty hose and garter belts are just so-so......but love thigh highs with a lace band. Watching a gal in a skirt cross her legs and getting a glimpse of that lace band---OMG! And getting a gal undressed with only those thigh highs left on-OMG, OMG, OMG!!!
 Ozarkguy
Msg: 5 (view)

which is the healthier sugar alternative.
Posted: 5/3/2015 2:11:47 PM
@Igor

Sucralose (Splenda) was discovered accidentally while trying to invent a new insecticide. It works great as ant poison. You can Google it for more info.

I avoid Splenda and Aspartame.
 Ozarkguy
Msg: 72 (view)

Frustrated by Experience on POF and ready to throw in the Towel
Posted: 5/3/2015 9:37:19 AM
I don't pay much attention to just the 1-10 scale. I subscribe to the Hot-Crazy Matrix ------ http://youtu.be/hKWmFWRVLlU
Still looking for my unicorn!! :)
 Ozarkguy
Msg: 50 (view)

“window shopping”
Posted: 4/11/2015 12:47:47 PM
@Ouija--

Your comment reminded me about a health professional on a TV show that I saw a couple of years ago. He also mentioned the bacteria that becomes airborne when you flush but.......he also mentioned the list of things that are probably in the airborne vicinity of your toilet---your toothbrush, wash cloth, towel, hairbrush, etc etc.

Ewwwww! I've been putting the lid down before flushing ever since. :)
 Ozarkguy
Msg: 20 (view)

Women's exhibitionist
Posted: 4/7/2015 9:31:41 PM
This thread reminds me of the scene from the movie "Pink Cadillac". Clint Eastwood goes inside and leaves Bernadette Peters sitting in the caddy. A guy in a trench coat walks up to the car, flashes her and asks "Whadda you thnk?" She glances down and then gives her deadpan reply "Looks like a penis.........only smaller".
 Ozarkguy
Msg: 4 (view)

Neighbors with benefits TV show on A&E channel
Posted: 3/27/2015 12:16:16 PM
I watched it and thought it was pretty boring. I wonder how many are "real" people and how many are paid actors. Also how much is scripted dialogue and scripted plots/subplots.

I can't believe that people who are actually in that type of lifestyle would want to broadcast it to their family, neighbors and co-workers. I'll bet that for most it's a somewhat closely held secret.

I won't be watching again unless they show some skin!!!!!!!! :) I predict a one season show
 Ozarkguy
Msg: 109 (view)

Question about genetically modified foods (gmo's)
Posted: 1/25/2015 10:52:43 AM
The organic/ non-GMO products in the WalMart Neighborhood Grocery Stores are the same brands mentioned above--NOT WalMart proprietary brands

Although I didn't realize that USDA organic can be as low as 80%. I just assumed organic was organic A lot of the WalMart selection is the Wild Oats brand, so I'm going to do a little research about how organic it is. But I guess it's still better than something that doesn't say "organic".

Also I picked up a Clif bar and read the description "made with organic oats". It didn't say that the whole bar was organic/non-GMO. So I put it back on the shelf. Point is, you have to read the label and think about what it says.
 Ozarkguy
Msg: 101 (view)

Question about genetically modified foods (gmo's)
Posted: 1/24/2015 9:23:30 AM
I've noticed that Sam's Club and Walmart Neighborhood Grocery are both carrying more organic/non-GMO products. The trend must be catching on.
 Ozarkguy
Msg: 726 (view)

Message Restrictions
Posted: 11/13/2014 8:08:53 AM
^^^^^^^ Her profile lists her at 51. She might have lied about her age, but nevertheless, she still shouldn't have been able to message me. I can see her profile if I click on the pic on her message, but can't otherwise find her, even if I search without signing on. So I assume her profile is hidden . I'm not interested, but just curious why the system didn't work according to the new contact rules.
 ozarkguy
Msg: 723 (view)

Message Restrictions
Posted: 11/4/2014 10:22:23 AM
Has the 14 +/- restriction been lifted? I recently received an email from a 51 year old female (I'm 69). We've since met in person, but I'm probably not interested in following up further. Also, she doesn't appear in any of my searches, so she must have her profile hidden. Does the restriction not apply to females initiating contact?
 ozarkguy
Msg: 26 (view)

contagious before symptoms appear- during incubation
Posted: 10/29/2014 9:51:17 PM
I've recently read that the Ebola virus can exist in semen for up to 90 days. However, I don't remember reading how or when a person can become infected with Ebola through sexual intercourse. I wonder if an infected male can transmit the virus if his temperature is 98.6? 100.3? 101.0? 103.0? This could create a whole new area for concern for returning health workers, whether or not they use condoms. And then condoms are never 100% effective.
 ozarkguy
Msg: 29 (view)

size doesn't matter its not the size of the boat
Posted: 10/5/2014 10:45:41 AM
After reading all the threads about p*nis size, I've always wondered about the gals' perception of size. Supposedly, surveys put the average size at 5-6 inches. So if a gal's partners have all been at the lower "average" range of length and girth, and her next sexual partner is at the upper "average" of 6 inches and upper average girth, would she automatically assume that her new partner was huge, when actually he was just a "high" average?

Like probably most guys, I fall in the average range. Looking back at my relationships, I don't think any gal has ever ended the relationship because of my d*ck size, but probably because I was a d*ck!!! :):)
 ozarkguy
Msg: 1 (view)

Can the Ebola virus exist/multiply in a water source such as a creek, river, or lake?
Posted: 10/5/2014 10:32:12 AM
Recently heard on a news broadcast that the Ebola virus could exist on a door knob or counter top for up to 3-4 hours if it is in a liquid state. I assume this means until it dries up. So....if an infected person spits, urinates, or otherwise deposits body fluids in a water source, could the Ebola virus multiply until it creates a health crisis for the drinking water supply for the population? Are all viruses removed in a metropolitan water supply through filtration, chlorination, etc.? Would only viruses within a specific size range be eliminated? Probably not a worry for U.S. at this time, but what about Africa where their sanitation practices are not up to U.S. standards.
 Ozarkguy
Msg: 4 (view)

If I delete a sent message...
Posted: 1/8/2014 9:09:01 AM
I don't send very many messages from this site, but I'm curious why I would want to delete "Sent" messages. Can someone explain the purpose of this or why you would want to do this? Is it a security issue?
 ozarkguy
Msg: 238 (view)

Breast implants
Posted: 11/29/2013 7:51:34 AM
Peppermint--Ewwwwww! I'll NEVER look at one of your references again.
 Ozarkguy
Msg: 23 (view)

Cutting Off Sex
Posted: 11/24/2013 8:41:25 AM
This thread reminds me of the old joke---

Why did the bride have such a big smile on her face as she walked down the aisle?

Because she knew that she gave her last blow job the night before"!
 ozarkguy
Msg: 15 (view)

Would like some food with your glyphosate?
Posted: 9/4/2013 8:13:23 AM
Maffers--Can you get rid of 1/2 beef by yourself in one year? I've started buying 100% grass fed beef and have thought about buying just 1/4 beef, but not sure if I could consume it in a year before it gets freezer burn. Over the last year, I've gotten rid of the aspartame, Splenda, and high fructose corn syrup in my diet, and keep adding more organic as I get rid of all the GMO in my pantry. Now buying grass fed beef but not sure of bulk buy. Atlantic salmon is next to go as soon as I can find an alternative.
 ozarkguy

I love pantyhose on women...
Posted: 8/8/2013 7:53:22 AM
Not a fan of panty hose---but, thigh highs are VERY sexy!
 ozarkguy
Msg: 21 (view)

Why do most men look twice their age after 50?
Posted: 7/7/2013 8:18:18 AM
Jan1025--I think it's hilarious that someone would start a thread about an age group's appearance without posting their own photo. For the record, I've seen plenty of women's photos that look far older than their posted age
 ozarkguy
Msg: 18 (view)

plantars faciitis
Posted: 7/7/2013 8:08:06 AM
I've had plantar fasciitis a couple of times and what worked for me was the Pinnacle Arch Support Inserts. I think they may now go by the name Powersteps. But you can google both terms and do your own research.

I found that you have to wear them in your shoes ALL the time and not just 1-2 times per week. Takes about 4-6 weeks but worked for me both times. I tried other inserts and remedies before I found these. Nothing else ever gave any relief. They're pretty inexpensive, usually $25-30. Only thing better would be an expensive custom foot orthotic. Worth a try for only a few bucks.
 ozarkguy
Msg: 6 (view)

What does this mean?
Posted: 5/30/2013 7:41:46 AM
Try changing your "Intent" to match hers and then try again

Please don't.
Altering your profile to get around filters could be grounds to be removed from POF.

Ozarkguy

Discolsing Cold Sores?
Posted: 3/11/2013 10:41:06 AM
I'm always amazed that although the estimated % of U.S. population with cold sores is high, it seems that the % of forum posters with cold sores is low. As long as I can remember, I seem to get a cold sore about once per year. After finding that nothing over the counter seemed to be of any help, I did some research. It seems that the virus feeds on the amino acid l-arginine, commonly found in foods such as chocolate, nuts and others. The amino acid l-lysine, also found in foods, invades the cells and prohibits l-arginine from getting into the cells, thus starving the virus. So you should increase your intake of those foods. I was skeptical at first but decided to try this. I don't do a lot with my diet except avoid chocolate when I have an outbreak. But what I do is overdose on l-lysine at the first tingle I feel. I generally take about 4-5 grams of lysine tablets spread throughout the day for the first three or four days and then drop down to 1-2 grams per day until all signs are gone. I've done this for prob 4 outbreaks over the last 4-5 years and found that the outbreak clears in about half the time. Lysine is dirt cheap and you can buy it in any drug store (the legal type) in the vitamin/supplement section . You can google this and do your own research like I did. I could never find recommended dosage, so just came up with that on my own. I just know this works for me and thought I'd pass it on. Don't know what the long term effects are of ingesting that much lysine, so I just keep a bottle on the shelf for when I have an outbreak.
 ozarkguy
Msg: 135 (view)

Sexiest Song
Posted: 2/16/2013 9:20:58 AM
Didn't see many duets. My faves:

"Close Your Eyes". Aaron Neville & Linda Ronstadt
"Endless Love". Lionel Ritchie & Diana Ross
"Don't Know Much". Aaron Neville & Linda Ronstadt
 ozarkguy
Msg: 16 (view)

Anything wrong with a little scruff?
Posted: 1/20/2013 2:18:07 PM
I've always had to shave twice a day if I'm going out in the evening. Even though my beard has gotten lighter as I've aged, it's still like sandpaper. Best razor I've found is the Gillette Fusion POWER. Seems like the vibrating blade just trims cloaser. I shave with and against the grain. I've never gotten good results from an electric razor.
 Ozarkguy
Msg: 27 (view)

I wanna sit next to u
Posted: 9/8/2012 4:51:41 PM
Blueeyes--you forgot to finish.....then, when they've been married a couple of years, they sit opposite again!!
 ozarkguy
Msg: 8 (view)

MEET ME @ WALMART!!! LMFAO ;0)
Posted: 5/24/2012 7:21:53 AM
So circling the block a few times would either mean he was interested or maybe nearsighted?
 ozarkguy
Msg: 11 (view)

how to know her REAL intentions
Posted: 5/14/2012 1:07:29 PM
UMakeIt, Della, and whoever else--After reading this thread, I'm a little confused. I always assumed that "wants to date, but nothing serious" meant that they like to go out for an occasional dinner and movie, but that the date pretty much ended at the front door. So what does the phrase "wants to date, but nothing serious " mean in plain English?
 ozarkguy
Msg: 114 (view)

Men over sixty - seem to like women in their own age bracket.
Posted: 4/9/2012 7:08:17 AM
Hey Gwen-- don't be too quick to judge. I'm usually in Spfld every week for dinner with
my very cute blonde daughter who's a senior at MSU. Since I'm 67 I guess I could be
mistaken for her grandfather.
 ozarkguy
Msg: 9 (view)

Have Gas Prices Changed Your Search Criteria?
Posted: 3/8/2012 7:31:19 AM
Gasoline price increases are a matter of perception. Let's say that gas increased 75 cents/gal. in your area and that you drive a gas guzzler that gets 15 miles/gallon. The increase would cost you 5 cents/mile. So if you were dating someone 100 miles away, that would cost you an "extra" $5.00 one way. If your gas increase was less and your auto mileage more, that figure would be less. There are a lot of places in my weekly budget where I could save $5.00 if I wanted to be a little inconvenienced. The $5.00 wouldn't be that much of a concern....the hour and a half to get to you probably would....unless you were Teri Hatcher.
 ozarkguy

New kids after age 45
Posted: 1/30/2012 8:12:08 AM
My first ex made it difficult for me to see my kids, so I was open to having more children. My second ex is 10 years younger than me and did not have children when we married. My daughter was born when I was 45, and my son was born on my 48th birthday. I had a lot of McDonald's birthday parties!! I think they have kept me young. No one has ever asked if they were my grandchildren. Probably the best decision of my life. I'd say "Go for it!"
 ozarkguy
Msg: 453 (view)

Erectile Dysfunction
Posted: 2/11/2011 7:38:13 AM
^^^^I heard the other day that they interviewed Hugh Hefner's fiance and she said that they still have sex but they need some help. Hef uses Viagra and she uses a mask!!

Show ALL Forums