Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: How you see yourself in 10 years from know?
 MAGIC_MARCO
Msg: 43 (view)

How you see yourself in 10 years from know?
Posted: 5/9/2010 5:28:29 PM
Good luck with that,Law.
'cordin' to what I read here, 95 % of men our age have been visited by 'Ol ED by now .
In fact 50 's women seem to think he's moved in permanently.. Now that's funny

MAGIC_MARCO
Msg: 149 (view)

Men in their 60s
Posted: 2/27/2010 12:46:59 PM

I am 55 and do not wish to date men in their 60's myself. Amazing! Some of us are really not interested in dating 60-yr-old men with archaic ideas about male-female relationships.

....this from someone signed up as 51 and already over the hill @55. LMAO

I suppose this IS the general consensus on this site though.
(This is , in spite of what you see in Hollywood movies)

A friend from this forum asked me one time, how many messages I got a week .
She was genuinely surprised when I told her, about two, average. That and maybe 2-3 actual views. I very seldom even get a response from someone in their early 50's, even though their mail settings allow me in.
This is a tough arena to play in for guys my age, that's for sure. I ' m not whining about .
When I put George Clooney's pic up, I got PLENTY of mail. It is what it is.

I joined a senior people site ,the first of the year, and what a big difference. I get 5-6 flirts and messages a day , from all over. (I just got one as I was typing this line) The site age kind of starts at late 40's , but most of the activity comes from women around my age or older, and sometimes a lot older!
Guys , maybe it's time to broaden your horizons a little

M_M
 MAGIC_MARCO
Msg: 332 (view)

Approaching the subject of sex with older women
Posted: 2/22/2010 1:41:53 PM
After dinner and during the drive home he asked me how I liked oral?

Good God, it never ceases to amaze me that the idea of subtlety is lost on so many guys.
I guess it's a much smaller percentage that would rather lead by "doing" rather than "saying".

That goes for steering a conversation in the right direction too , so you don't have to come right out and ask these things .
 MAGIC_MARCO
Msg: 98 (view)

He forgot to mention his 3-year-old ...
Posted: 2/22/2010 11:53:40 AM
How hard is that? To sit there for over two hours making small talk and not to once mention the small fact that he lied about his own child?

FFS, maybe because the guy was >>HOT<<< ??
I've been known to prostitute myself in similar settings

MAGIC_MARCO
Msg: 18 (view)

All the way in, or all the way out?
Posted: 2/18/2010 4:28:28 PM

Why does every one you meet have to be "the One"?? You can have the same feelings for a thousand other people. "Holding Out" because you don't do "that"/in for the Long Haul?? Why is that etched in stone for some people? Why limit yourself ??

I don't know the answer, that's for sure. But anybody who's been at this for a while, has certainly seen promising meetings just fizzle out in short order.
I wonder we' d even know "the right one " when we see them in front of our faces.
This might be the only answer we ever find :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d8epOsbk418
 MAGIC_MARCO
Msg: 463 (view)

Is sex as important to you as it once was?
Posted: 2/11/2010 5:12:44 PM
I can understand that mature ladies would definitely want a mature and quality men, but it seems from the posts that sex is very important. And with men, eventually, they will have issues in that department as they age. With that logic, women will eventually start looking for younger men. Or am I missing something here?

^^^^ Counterpoint
Yes you are. Most healthy men don't have those problems.
If women ( any age) want to be with men (any age) that over eat all the wrong things, drink too much , smoke, and don't get any exercise, then they are asking for a whole lot of trouble...either now or later.
 MAGIC_MARCO
Msg: 458 (view)

Is sex as important to you as it once was?
Posted: 2/11/2010 4:34:10 PM

Absolutely and without a doubt sex is very important in a relationship. I've found that as I've gotten older my libido has risen and I personally find younger men a better catch. They are probably as highly sexed as me if not more and full of energy which I love.

Gosh. Here we go again. Do you believe in the Tooth Fairy ,too?
Do you know Manic_ Melanie, by any chance?
 MAGIC_MARCO
Msg: 48 (view)

Men in their 60s
Posted: 2/5/2010 11:56:10 AM

keep telling yourselves that. it doesn't change the facts. what are you people going to do, admit the truth to yourselves? i have absolutely no empathy for you old coots. you might as well hear what younger, highly educated, well-off, good looking women really think. normally, i would feel too sorry for you people to say a word, but you brought it on yourselves. quite frankly, i don't care enough to try to undermine you. the audacity of loud obnoxious old men actually making assumptions that women of my caliber would actually look at you, and then to somehow crap all over the women who do look at you. it's time you got a dose of reality.

Reality ? Really?
I don't think many here want it from YOU, an anonymous bomb thrower and BS artist. I don't date anyone your supposed age anyway, and this rant is precisely why . Way too immature and no view of reality and inevitability.

" younger, highly educated, well-off, good looking women "
Most likely , older, drop out, mooch, skank.

Get an identity ,...and a life
 MAGIC_MARCO
Msg: 40 (view)

Men in their 60s
Posted: 2/4/2010 8:33:46 PM

old men do not have sex. no one wants to envision old men having sex!!!!!! ...and to think, these old coots actually think any woman in her 30's or 40's would even entertain the idea. this is beyond disgusting. the mere mention should be outlawed! ...and to think these old goats actually consider themselves too "hot" for women their age. wobbling beer bellies, balding heads, flabby skin and all. boy, i wanna see *that* humping around!!!!!!! ::::::::shudder:::::::::: they are not only losing their bodies, they are losing their minds!!!!!!!!!!!!! this thread is like watching a train wreck in slo-mo!

Question: Has there ever been a more aptly named poster?
 MAGIC_MARCO
Msg: 35 (view)

Men in their 60s
Posted: 2/4/2010 11:52:01 AM
Men in their 50 and 60s are looking to get laid. If not immediately, then soon. So if you're not attracted to them, then move on.

Okay , seeing that it's a normal biological function, I'll cop to that.
BTW, It seems to me women would have to feel that way, in order to keep the balance of nature intact.
The difference is, some of us would like to "get laid" with the same woman next week, next month and next year. I guess it's our job to point that out.
 MAGIC_MARCO
Msg: 38 (view)

Posted: 1/27/2010 2:51:04 PM
^^^ Yeah. This thread is about nothing. Come on. It was a first meet. Hellllllooooo people????

Well,MC, I guess you're not getting the point because you don't want to, so reason to go any further with you.

Or he might have taken the call from the babysitter, like any responsible parent would have. 'Rude and incompetent'? 'Intentional'? Really?

I have three sons aged 9 to 14. If my phone rings and it's one of them, I answer.

Yes, Sid, I think it is. Rude? My opinion.

Incompetent? Yes, in that it seems to me you would want to impress a woman by giving her your undivided attention, and I would expect the same. I always turn off my cell phone when I meet someone for the first time.
We don't know for sure where "Guy" 's son lives, but I assume he still has a mother.
If he lives with him, that's all the more reason to mention it,....in the first ten minutes of the first phone call.

I don't know whether your kids live with you either, Sid. That may be a different story.
I 'll bet you mention them right away ,too.
 MAGIC_MARCO
Msg: 35 (view)

Posted: 1/27/2010 11:50:40 AM

Well, I suppose Im in the minority here. I dont have any kids and Im 44 so actually I think for me it would be wonderful to have someone who has already had the baby and well..... If he's a wonderful man could you send him my way?

I would love the opportunity now that Im stable and older to help raise a child especially if I love the man and he's a good provider for the child. For me, it would be a wonderful opportunity.

wow.

I suppose one man's garbage is another man's meal.

With all due respect to you and several others, that's not what this thread is about.
 MAGIC_MARCO
Msg: 34 (view)

Posted: 1/27/2010 11:12:39 AM

Shit happens, Sounds like life to me. He made a mistake of ommission that all, its not like it hasn't been done before. Men have had the same thing happen.

I was talking to a lady on here, we talked about fitness, she mentioned running a marathon. I am thinking ok, good news, an active person. We meet for dinner and she looks like an pear, about 50 pounds overweight.

She made an error of omission in that she neglected to tell me that her pictures and athletic events were decades in the past. No second date either.

Get over it and remember to have fun. This is internet dating.

Yeah, right.
He forgot to mention this little item.

He forgot to read the profile too.

So, because some people are deceitful, we should all be this way?

BTW, A three y.o. doesn't have a cell phone, but the ex does. The fact that this guy even took the call is rude and incompetent as far as dating goes. Unless of course, it was all intentional.

MAGIC_MARCO
Msg: 2 (view)

Lets bowl a super party
Posted: 1/26/2010 11:31:05 PM

Anyone planning or interested in a Superbowl party? I am from out of town and don't know the area well enough to set anything up. BUT, I would be willing to help with setup, cleanup, etc. I am sure there are some pizza joints that serve alcohol that would love to have a group. If anyone has an idea, let's rock..garry

Forget about it. They ought this place Deadwood.
This site is like a ghost town.
 MAGIC_MARCO
Msg: 209 (view)

ED over 45
Posted: 1/26/2010 9:58:01 PM
I kinda hate to e x t e n d this thread any l o n g e r but here it comes, anyway:

The body builder takes off his shirt (I think they were on their third or fourth POF date)
and the blonde says,
"What a Great chest you have!'

He tells her,
'That's 100 lbs. of dynamite, Baby.'

He takes off his pants and the blonde says,'
"What massive calves you have!'

The body builder tells her,
'That's 100 lbs. of dynamite, Baby..'

He then removes his underwear and
the blonde goes running out of the
apartment screaming in fear.

The body builder puts his clothes
back on and chases after her.
He catches up to her and asks why
she ran out of the apartment like that.

The blonde replies,
'I was afraid to be around all that dynamite
after I saw how short the fuse was!'
 MAGIC_MARCO
Msg: 285 (view)

Have all the really older guys given up?
Posted: 1/22/2010 5:39:44 PM
^^^^ I'm not sure what the age parameters are here either.
But no, I haven't given up. Not until I find a better alternative.
I was thinking about starting a new thread just now, but I was quite sure it would sound like a pity post and be deleted. So , I'll just express this here.
Question: Are there any sane woman over 50 left out there? (besides my lovely friends I've met here) ?
How can a woman go from a fun and flirtatious first meet, where she asks ME over for dinner, to the day before said event, asking me what exactly I'd like to eat, drink, and for dessert,...to writing the next morning, saying, honestly now , I had been seeing someone else, but he left and now he wants back in, so I'll have to cancel; good luck ,blah ,blah, blah, ....to her being back on two sites ,searching, the very next day , all day and night.
How is this possible with any rational person?
That's just one of many similar stories that have seemed to become a part of my daily routine.
To any of y'all who HAVE given up,...well that's totally understandable to me...
aggghhhh drinking:
 MAGIC_MARCO
Msg: 168 (view)

Men over 55!
Posted: 1/14/2010 2:48:30 PM

Maybe I live in Never Never Land, but I imagine most mature adults are seeking a mental as well as physical connection. Those that are all about sex or all about companionship haven't learned much, imo. It's all about balance, isn't it?

I don't know about others here, FFS, but it didn't take ME long to learn it couldn't be an either /or situation. All or nothing is more like it.
Easy enough to learn ; quite a bit harder to do

BTW, I just can't imagine what those conversations are like between a 50 yo woman, and a 25 yo guy. That's assuming that there are any.
 MAGIC_MARCO
Msg: 91 (view)

Dating in Your 50's - Is It Tough?
Posted: 1/9/2010 7:37:33 PM

Come to Australia, girls. It's about to hit 100 for four consecutive days. If we survive any bushfires, you're all more than welcome to stay at my place (assuming I still have a place)..

I'm feeling left out, but anyway, I'll be down there when it hits 100 in early June.
Meanwhile , I'll stick with the 70 degree weekend right here
 MAGIC_MARCO
Msg: 10 (view)

Finding it Hard to Want to Date as a Grandparent
Posted: 1/4/2010 4:01:11 PM

OP aren't there occasions that you want to see a movie with an adult, go to a museum, explore a park or whatever? If you don't feel the need to do that with a man, then why date?

You see, this is where I get confused. I can go to movies, museums, etc with my girlfriends, my male friends, my parents or my kid. Why would wanting a partner to do these things motivate me enough to join a dating site? If these were the reasons I was wanting to date, why would physical attraction be so important?

Beats me, FFS.
I've got plenty to do around here to amuse myself all day long. I don't necessarily need a woman around for most of it.
That being said, I don't have a problem doing some of the aforementioned things with someone special either. But, if we're not going to end up in bed together at the end of the day, then what's the point?
I don't have a problem stating that, either.

Ha, maybe I should have just used Syd's term instead. :-)
 MAGIC_MARCO
Msg: 6 (view)

Finding it Hard to Want to Date as a Grandparent
Posted: 1/4/2010 12:36:31 PM

I'm just not motivated! Family and work keeps me incredibly busy. How do you get excited to go out again when you've been single by choice / time constraints for so long? Even when a fabulous guy asks you out! How do you force yourself to get back out there, relax and enjoy?

Now, isn't this amazing?
Here's our OP ,on a dating site, but needs to be motivated to date.
Funny, whenever a guy brings up this scenario, he gets lambasted , pummeled, raked over the coals, and that's just the fun stuff.
"Whatchoo talkin' 'bout ? Women aren't like that. We'd all love a date. You guys are just too fussy" " Y'all are just looking for Barbie"

Ladies, put this one in your memory banks.

This one makes me miss Ol' Pitbull Pete
 MAGIC_MARCO
Msg: 642 (view)

Men over 45 and facial hair
Posted: 12/29/2009 11:47:44 AM
What amazes me is threads like this go on and on and on.

Nothing but opinions, and most likely to not convince anyone of anything.
Really, some guys just love huge boobs, and some , just the very sight, makes them wilt.
Nothing's going to change that either.
I would say, if you're a guy on the fence about this subject, I would recommend going with what the experts say about it.
 MAGIC_MARCO
Msg: 44 (view)

Posted: 12/28/2009 4:16:23 PM

SPRUNG! It IS the poster formerly known as Gaddflye! In fact, I believe every male poster here over 55 without a photo is Gaddflye - or some variation thereof. C'mon Gadders, admit it..it's you, minus about 15 years...
OT: Dating is tougher in my 50s because...ummm...I don't date. I'm scared they could all be Gaddflies.

FFS, I wasn't here for the full GF effect , but I won't doubt you for a minute.
Some of these anonymous dime store philosophers sound eerily similar ,too.
When they start debating with their own alter egos, that's when you know there's some deep rooted problems there. You know?
 MAGIC_MARCO
Msg: 39 (view)

Posted: 12/28/2009 2:51:09 PM

i've lost 75 pounds in the past 15 months. it hasn't helped.

would you care to finance my plastic surgery so that i can go the extra mile?

First of all , nothing personal, dear. You don't need a thing :-)
I tried to write you to say that, but?

Let's see . Up to 14 years younger...Good

Over 3 years older..... No good

My,my, you're going for the Gold ,aren't you?

But that's another thread, isn't it?
 MAGIC_MARCO
Msg: 36 (view)

Posted: 12/28/2009 2:20:03 PM

it's only easy for the 10% of beautiful women that every man is attempting to contact.I have several friends who are trim women with hour glass figures who are in their 50s and they rarely date. None of them have been married, and they are all well educated teachers who seek monogamous relationships. These 3 things seems to not interest most of the men they meet, be in online or IRL.

I suspect there's a lot more to this story than meets the eye. It defies all common sense.

it's only easy for the 10% of beautiful women that every man is attempting to contact .

Yes , very insightful DB. I'll raise the stakes for you though. I'd say 20% of the women get 80 % of the responses on these sites. So it would be wise for the ladies that feel left out, to :
A, Work a little harder to try and turn the odds a little more in their favor
B, Stop complaining about it. It's unattractive.
or C, Give this up , and join some Meetup group ,where all the beautiful minds are.
 MAGIC_MARCO
Msg: 15 (view)

Posted: 12/27/2009 8:47:08 PM
Well, I get it.

That's okay.
From what I read here, most people don't get you either, so maybe we better wait till FF returns.

MAGIC_MARCO
Msg: 13 (view)

Posted: 12/27/2009 7:15:51 PM

I didn't come on this site to date or to fall in love. I came on it to find people with similar interested with whom I could do things such as going on picnics or to a play or museum or even shoot a game of pool.

FF dear, I 'm not sure I follow you here. By the site, I assume you mean POF in general.

So wouldn't that be like going to the grocery store when you don't need any groceries?
You could stop by the magazine rack; see what Lady GaGa is up to this week, loaf around at the bakery; watch the bread rise . Cruise down the produce aisle and squeeze the kumquats a little.
Oh , look; here's a sale on pork chops. I think I WILL get these and put them in the freezer, as long as I'm here....

Sorry, I just don't get it.
 MAGIC_MARCO
Msg: 8 (view)

Posted: 12/27/2009 11:32:14 AM

It's tough if your a man looking on the Internet, easy if you're a woman. When I send a message, there's a 95%-100% chance it won't be answered, even if I match the description of the man she is looking for to the tee. At least this site is free, so why pay for a site to get no answers, such as Match? The best I can figure is most guys are over 6' tall in California and resemble Johnny Depp or George Clooney, because a sincere normal working man doesn't stand much of a chance. At least there's still the real world outside of cyber dating! Besides, I have a good life, so there's not that much of a loss.

Gotta be careful here, bud. Comes across as whiny and negative, no matter how true.

This IS a true story:
Last winter sometime, I was on POF on a weekend night. I thought I might try a little experiment.
I left my profile completely intact; age, headline and all.
All I did was replace all my pics with one of George Clooney in a t-shirt. I then forgot about it and clicked onto other things.
About 90 minutes later , I went to my email. There must have been 15 messages from POF- ers . There were at least three from women who I had written to before and never heard a peep out of.
"Is that really you?"
" How did I miss you"
" I love the look "
"Can I get on your date list?"

Remember now. Same age , same write up I always had.

Some women caught on right away, and asked what I thought I was doing, getting them all worked up like that. I told them I was doing a study on superficial women tonight. Do you want to participate?
One woman from Seattle wanted to come down here and meet me . After I filled her in, she demanded to see my real pic. She said she had guys all over the country wanting to date her, so I should hurry the hell up.
I wrote back a couple of the locals .They acted like they knew what was going on and were still interested , but fizzled out in short order.

So , no lengthy philosophy here . Just real life POF experience.

Take from it whatever you care to.
 MAGIC_MARCO
Msg: 92 (view)

Men over 55!
Posted: 12/26/2009 11:57:37 AM
^^^^ Not all of us! That's like me saying all women over 55 are overweight and frumpy. Neither is true.

Thanks for posting that, bud. You saved me the trouble.

Indeed one can get really turned off by internet dating.. I also like the meetup groups because at least then I know I am going to doing a fun activity that I enjoy.

The meetup thing is often suggested to me. In fact just this morning, by a good friend I met here.

I've looked at over two hundred groups in this Valley, and didn't see one that would include my main interest , which is not all that uncommon. In fact, I've been making a living at it lately.

There are hiking groups that look okay, but I 'm not a fanatic about that kind of thing.
Plenty of motorcycle riders; but again, I'm not one who has to be "in the wind" all weekend long.

I've been told too, that some of these groups tend to end up like high school social cliques, in that you date one member, then move on, and pretty soon they're all comparing notes behind your back. Just anecdotal evidence, of course.
Thanks, but no thanks on the Meetup, for now.

I think I'll just keep slugging it out on the largest free sight and the largest pay one.
The other ones seem to be minor players with very little depth or changeover.
Oh, and I would be remiss here to not mention the biggest scam of all, "e hominy"
In fact, I honestly believe the "Dr" should be indicted under federal RICO statutes.
 MAGIC_MARCO
Msg: 37 (view)

Now that I'm old do I have to start tucking in my shirts????
Posted: 12/24/2009 10:56:05 PM
I'll admit I'm old-school military ... if it has a tail, tuck it in. That's not a fashion statement, it's intentionally long so you can. If you don't wan't to tuck, wear a T-Shirt

No surprises there. What do you do with a Hawaiian shirt?

That's one thing I didn't like about the Army , and country line dancing, for that matter; Uniformity,

Thank you for your service to our country.
 MAGIC_MARCO
Msg: 70 (view)

Men over 55!
Posted: 12/23/2009 3:18:29 PM

See what I mean? Proof right there that men over 55 ... fantasies galore!!

Okay, I'll admit to having fantasies. Usually about three seconds after I open certain profiles. But then I act on those profiles.
The trouble is , and always has been , you have wait in the queue with a few hundred numbnutz', BSers, liars ,and wankers, all the while the lady gets to window shop to her heart's content.

Gee ,does that sound whiny? Maybe so, but I don't make any of this stuff up. I don't have to at this point.
 MAGIC_MARCO

Christmas present, Christmas past.
Posted: 12/20/2009 10:51:43 PM
I've got an artificial tree that was left here in my custody , I guess. It's white, with blue lights. It looks kinda nice when it's all put together.
Right now ,it's packed away up on a closet shelf.
It's kind of a fun project for two, to hand it down from the ladder and then assemble it.
The last two years, I happened to be seeing someone at the time, so it got set up .
This year, I decided I would wait to see if I might have some help and some fun setting it up. That turned out to not be the case.
Oh well, maybe next year..
I'll have one too, thanks
 MAGIC_MARCO
Msg: 5 (view)

Odd Relationship History
Posted: 12/19/2009 12:10:45 AM
Boy, I wish I could tell you more. How does he feel about a ready made family?
If he's particular, used to living alone...just sayin'

BTW, August is not the best time to visit Arizona

MAGIC_MARCO

Odd Relationship History
Posted: 12/18/2009 11:56:07 PM

Hi there. Do you think it's strange that a 47-year-old has never been married, has no kids, and hasn't had a relationship last more than 2 years? Would you consider having a relationship with such a person? I'm dating such a person and I'm concerned about investing time and feelings into it when there may be something about him that's unacceptable to me that I won't find out til possibly much later. Of course, I could ask but he could tell me anything, right? What do you think could be some reasons he has this history (or lack thereof)?

Somewhat strange, but entirely possible . Military?...Peace Corps? What's HIS story?
Need more info...
 MAGIC_MARCO

No dates til after Christmas ... WTF?
Posted: 12/15/2009 6:12:20 PM
Most likely BS.
Believe me , I can tell. I've heard plenty in the last three years.
Probably has something going on closer to home , or just window shopping.
Whatever the case, this guy is not exactly smooth..

See what his next move is after the holidays.
 MAGIC_MARCO
Msg: 4 (view)

Online now, minutes, hours logged off page
Posted: 12/11/2009 1:41:26 PM
Okay ,sure. Thanks. Glad I saved it.
 MAGIC_MARCO
Msg: 3 (view)

Posted: 12/11/2009 12:07:16 PM
...and the answer is...?
 MAGIC_MARCO

Posted: 12/11/2009 9:31:27 AM
I realize the profile is gone. That was not the question.
 MAGIC_MARCO
Msg: 1 (view)

Posted: 12/11/2009 8:41:26 AM
Someone I was conversing with closed her account. In the Inbox, the messages were still there, but not the name.
I clicked on the message and a box came up, saying "view profile".
When I did that, a page came up, as described in the title. I had never seen that page before.
I saved the page as a bookmark , and it will re-open, but what is the front door way to access this page?
Thanks
 MAGIC_MARCO
Msg: 3 (view)

paying my way..and the partner?
Posted: 12/6/2009 6:43:13 PM

Recently a man and I decided to live together in my home. It was problematic. He has a home in another location so I did not expect him to pay rent but he also did not pay for food or his share of utilities. i let it pass.

This guy may not have been able to pay two rents , but he still had to eat, no matter where he was. He should have at least contributed that much and fixed dinner a few times a week too. Was he taking you out , spending money on you at least, during this time?
 MAGIC_MARCO
Msg: 61 (view)

Why are we in such a hurry?
Posted: 12/4/2009 6:39:19 PM

You bet i'm in a Hurry, and i refuse to waste time on Estrogen challanged women past their prime who only want a man for the social grace it provides them.

If you're not in a hurry get off the dating sites, you're nothing but clutter for us to wade thur, let the people who have the courage and emotional intelligence to take chances have more opportunity to meet each other.

Men are hunters, I refuse to apologize for being Primal and Sexual, who cares if YOU no longer like or desire Normal Human Interactions.

I accept the fact that life is finite, with every tick of the clock you're one day closer to a Managed Care Facility and you ask me what's the Hurry? Put a sock in it!

One man's opinion, and well stated.
 MAGIC_MARCO
Msg: 183 (view)

Sensuality in your 50's.....
Posted: 12/4/2009 1:06:59 PM

I am 57 and my sensuality and sexuality have never been greater! I am amazed how many younger men write to me!

I lifted this quote out of context here, to make a point . I'm not directing my comments towards this poster.

This is just another dynamic of this online dating scene that skews the final out outcome;
that being two people of similar likes and interests getting together and staying together.
Just because some 28 yo nerd behind a keyboard, playing with his pud, who probably never got laid in his life, hits on a woman in cyberspace ,that does not make her a hot property. Some of the ladies think it does, though.
The real question you have to ask is , how many young bucks would walk up to her on a street corner or supermarket and say the same things, face to face? No where near as many, I would guess , and even far less from the geeks who would do it online.

Another part of this dreamworld, totally devoid of reality...

I'm with FFS on this.. Aghhhhhh

MAGIC_MARCO
Msg: 19 (view)

Does your paranoia outweigh your want/need for a relationship?
Posted: 12/3/2009 11:17:51 PM

c'mon babe - you and me with Brad Pitt in the middle..
We'll put on kd lang's Hallejulah REALLY LOUD (oh god I'm such a rocker) and I'll roll a huge joint which we'll smoke while drinking whisky from the bottle as we

DRIVE OFF THAT POF CLIFFFFFFFFF...........................................
(ok, not Hallejulah. You can pick music to die to.)

OP, I think the answer is: be cautious, but keep an open heart and open mind. Yes.

YOU need to quit hitting that bottle before dinner time...
 MAGIC_MARCO
Msg: 34 (view)

Gamers aged 45+?
Posted: 11/29/2009 9:31:23 AM
If she did not look good to him nakkid why proceed at all? That would certainly solve this problem..
Great minds, cats.

Ladies, I did not mean to imply that Guy's intentions were not honorable.
He may have been serious about his long term plans.
I was trying to show this "gamer" thing from another perspective.

BTW, I doubt that Guy's brakes would have worked in that situation

I knew he would be an SOB on here. The question was ; is he a gamer?
 MAGIC_MARCO
Msg: 4 (view)

Are we harder to date at
Posted: 11/28/2009 9:04:56 PM
Harder to date? Actually?....NO! At least, not for me, or the people in my crowd

Mandrake , I think we're talking about one on one dating here.

OP, my take: Definitely ,YES
Fact number one; You've got more offspring involved at our age.
Adult dependent children.
Huge family get togethers.
Professional grandmothers...
All things I never even thought of when I was married, but now I see all the time...
That's just chapter one, page one with this subject.
 MAGIC_MARCO
Msg: 25 (view)

Gamers aged 45+?
Posted: 11/28/2009 8:06:26 PM
Just sitting here waiting for a call that probably is not going to come in, so I'll just throw this out there.

"Guy' s been looking at "Gal" 's profile for a while . Her pictures really turn him on.
He's been writing her off and on asking for a date . Finally she relents. He's not exactly Mr Harlequin cover boy, but he says the right things..."wanting a serious relationship , not a player, wants to settle down, etc.
Things go well for a few dates. He really wants her now, just like he's been fantasizing about for months. She figures he's a keeper and decides to give him some. He's been a good boy, played the game and so on.
Trouble is , now Guy is really disappointed . Maybe she didn't look all that good to him naked, or she wasn't animated and wild like he imagined.

So what does Guy do?
A, Calls up Gal the next day and tells her what his true feelings are? (very unlikely)

B, Walks,....does a POF disappearing act (very likely)

So A, He's a jerk and an SOB

B, He's a jerk ,an SOB, and a Gamer?
 MAGIC_MARCO
Msg: 43 (view)

Asking-a-guy, about Dating over 45, & holiday expectations
Posted: 11/27/2009 11:45:35 AM

he beat me in a strenuous athletic event

Well BFD, so what does that make him Hulk Hogen or something?

Yes ,and in 10 years the OP may still be actively sailing, and sweetheart might very well be under a canopy on the shoreline, watching her from a wheelchair.

The OP seems to be infatuated because of the mutual interest thing.
Believe me,...I've been there. That's not the magic formula for this.
 MAGIC_MARCO
Msg: 14 (view)

People, why against the rocking chair on the porch?
Posted: 11/19/2009 6:27:39 PM

Why is hiking the mountains, working out in the gym every day, chasing an adventure every weekend, etc., looked upon as better proof of “living well” than listening to music, watching the birds, contemplating the sky, enjoying thoughts while rocking on the porch? Or going for a stroll, a unhurried bicycle ride?

It's not , Breath. I don't pay much attention to that stuff anymore .
It's usually just code -speak. More of the BS you encounter on these sites.
What it really means is : You're not going to lay around on the couch all weekend watching sports while I open beers for you . My worthless Ex did that. You are going to go shopping, dining, and hang around with me and my family, or nothing for you, buddy.
The last two "active " , "hikers" I got involved with, I thought I was going to have to call Med -a -Vac to get them down off a little hill
 MAGIC_MARCO
Msg: 16 (view)

Commitment, a unique or generalized pledge?
Posted: 11/19/2009 8:42:48 AM

Do we expect more or less? Or something completely different from what we expected in our 20's or 30's?

No, I don't think so. There are just more periphery issues we have to deal with now.

I think some spout how they DONT NEED OR WANT anyone but then they are on a dating site saying that so it makes you wonder why??? All kinds of forums on the internet so if it was just to interact with someone else they wouldnt have to do it here, but here they are...see I believe they are hoping someone will prove them wrong ....but if someone feels like that do they really deserve someone else to prove them wrong? Their anger and bitterness is like a beacon to stay away from them and that further adds to their anger and bitterness. What a cycle!

Good post, Saph

I just refuse to participate in all that kind of negativity. If I ever become that bitter and jaded, I'll just remove myself from these sites and hope I stumble upon someone the old fashioned way.
I figure I've got a pretty good history of finding someone to have a LTR with....12 and 15 years, respectively.
It'll happen again,...and when it does ,we won't need a signed contract to make it work.
 MAGIC_MARCO
Msg: 58 (view)

Nose & Ear Hair
Posted: 11/18/2009 12:01:08 PM
" I just happened to be shopping today" - that's another problem -a lot of men won't shop. They want to just sit in a cave all day while we go out and gather.

I don't want to go too far O/T, MM , but I don't have a problem with shopping .
The difference is , I only go into a store when I actually need something

MAGIC_MARCO
Msg: 48 (view)

Nose & Ear Hair
Posted: 11/17/2009 8:37:59 AM
My fiance is 48 and i trim his eyebrows for him and pluck any ear hairs that need to go. It's a weekly thing

Gee, Is he legally blind?...or does he reciprocate by putting your makeup on for you?
This is just basic grooming, where I grew up. I take care of this by myself , before getting together with anyone.....

Show ALL Forums