Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: I Vote For Castration--Father Imprisons Daughter For 24 Years
 love_on_fire
Msg: 19 (view)

I Vote For Castration--Father Imprisons Daughter For 24 Years
Posted: 5/8/2008 10:26:19 AM
I just read up some more on that horrible act. That guy that did this is obviously a sick twisted maniac, and anyone....ANYONE who would supress another person like that and lock them up like an animal or treat them poorly in such a way for so many years is a mental nutcase and I am outraged over this. This guy is crazy and shame on him for what he did that ****ed up prick.
 love_on_fire
Msg: 3 (view)

Burma: Death toll could reach 10,000
Posted: 5/6/2008 1:59:19 PM
This is so sad and tough to hear. I feel so sorry for those people that have been effected by this Cyclone. They said the death toll could be up to over 22,000 and I think they said 4,000 are missing and over a million people are homeless.

This has probably been the worst Natural Disaster since the December 2004 Tsunamis in the Indian Ocean.
 love_on_fire
Msg: 4 (view)

I Vote For Castration--Father Imprisons Daughter For 24 Years
Posted: 5/6/2008 10:10:00 AM
Tragic and sickening. His wife is as guilty as he is of this. She should have known about this.I find it hard to beleive that she didn't know about this. This guy along with that lady that ran over her husband a few months ago should be punished severely for their crimes. People like this guy and that piece of shit lady that ran over her husband should be pissed on and be beat up like a piece of shit!!!!!!!!!!!!
 love_on_fire
Msg: 50 (view)

HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE . . . but was I wrong?
Posted: 5/4/2008 2:22:07 PM
Well, maybe it was his way of showing you how much he "likes" you and what you mean to him, and therefore he did it on purpose lol.? Thats one possiblity. I personally find it hard to beleive that this even happened. This doesn't sound beleivable quite frankly. But if it is, I think the OP was alittle shallow in my opinion to just walk off like that. As another poster suggested, if you really cared about a person, you would just laugh it off and still be with them and not have something like this come between you two. Thats just my opinion. But I guesse you did him a favour, and now hopefully he can find someone better for him. So yes this is a horrible experiance, but what really made it horrible, was you leaving him over that.

love_on_fire

Sexual Harrassment?
Posted: 5/4/2008 9:47:19 AM
Hey.....Fatal Attraction....It happens, sometimes you never know when and where it can pop up and spark, but it has a way of doing it. lol

love_on_fire
Msg: 38 (view)

Slept with gfs mom and now she may be PREGO
Posted: 4/30/2008 8:35:25 PM
This is one of the reasons why I am putting alittle more emphasis on the gfs mothers act in this. As it appears, many of the above posters seem to be only putting the total blame on him and almost totally ignoring his gfs mother. My other posts on here, also this one, try to avoid a double standard and focuc the blame on BOTH the Op and his gfs mom, for their stupid act.

Also as I said earlier, the older you are the more you should know, and the less excuse their is for doing stupid things, so thats why I put the greater blame on the gfs mom in this case. She is probably a miserable prick in her 40's thinking she is in her "sexual prime" and all that B.S. garbage, and therefore sees that as an excuse to do stupid acts and who knows if she currently is married or not. If she is, then her husband is yet another victum of this. She deserves to get whatever she gets from him for this sick act of betrayel!! As far as I'm concerned, he will deal with her as he seems fit and thats that.

BUT I must say, as I think more and more people seem to be realizing this more as the thread is going on, that......I really am getting the feeling that this is all a made up story that was simply posted a month too late (April fools was on April 1st OP lol) .

But ultimately, shame on both of them for this....again, if it's true that is.
 love_on_fire
Msg: 30 (view)

Posted: 4/30/2008 10:18:10 AM
Diamond. . . give the “LoveonFire” a break . . . . he must be experiencing an episode of stupidity due to his high levels of testosterone.

Yeah lol, give "Love on fire " a break. Just don't go making too many myths lol (no pun inteded....ok maybe alittle lol) .

Diamond, look, I said clearly they are both at fault!! BOTH. The OP, being 30 obviously should know better, and what he did....what he allowed that "lady" to do with him is just unacceptable. OP....Remember back in the early 90's and the 80's they made those comercials about someone offering you drugs or smoke....remember what they taught us on those commercials to answer to such people???......"Just say NO!!!!". Thats all you should have said to this "lady" if we can call her that even. You should have said "no" in a polite but firm way, so she wouldn't have bugged you to do it with her.

Also to Diamond, I am not at all chauvinistic at all, but the truth here is it is not just his fault, and you and I along with everyone here know that. I am atleast acknowledging that the OP atleast had some courage to mention this and admit that he feals like crap about it. Thats all I am saying for him.

Also another side note, and I think this has been mentioned before, lol (cough) ....see....umm......lol....I don't 100% know whether the OP is even telling us the truth on this or not....so assuming this might be a made up story...why not have alittle investigative fun with it while it's still up here?? lol

We can consider this a "What if" kind of thread. But you just hope that this IS a made up story, because if it is TRUE , this is a tragidy.

love_on_fire
Msg: 6 (view)

condoms in relationships.
Posted: 4/29/2008 7:47:10 PM
Condoms... Don't go to the bedroom without it!! or maybe "Condoms...don't have sex without it!!"

There should always be a condom near by just incase.
 love_on_fire
Msg: 18 (view)

Posted: 4/29/2008 7:34:23 PM
What sort of "Nut Job" as your profile says, sleeps with their girlfriends mother, whilst having an active profile on a dating site, claiming they are single?
And what sort of mother sleeps with her daughters girlfriend.
You both are disgusting and ought to be very ashamed of yourselves.

Don't you see??....he is trying to move on from the mess he and that old hag created by their fornication. The Op, really just needs to get help. That women that did this with him, she needs to go to jail, I just can't understand or except her actions considering she should know better.

OP, again, you and that "think" should be a shamed of yourselves for this kind of act. But atleast you have something between your legs to actually admit to the fact that you did wrong.

love_on_fire
Msg: 12 (view)

Posted: 4/29/2008 2:49:52 PM
That old woman committed a serious crime and she got you to do it with her which is the sad part. I still don't understand why the **** you would even screw with someone that much older then you... it's digusting and makes me and should make you sick to your stomach. I would like that lady you did this with to come on this site on the forums, and owe all the people involved including your gf (her own daughter) a public apology. I mean here you are, atleast having the guts to talk about it and share your guilt and concern with us and admit to doing this.... Why doesn't the gfs mother do the same???!!?? that chicken...Shame on her, ask her to come on the forums here and face the music with you (assuming offcourse this is true, which frankly I am more and more doubting that it is). Shame on both of you if it's all true, especially that lady for allowing this to happen. Having said that, now starts the healing process, and there must be positive progress made before that child gets born. Now it's about the childs well being.

Also tell us, what are you going to tell your girlfriend about this? Would you like some help?
 love_on_fire
Msg: 9 (view)

Posted: 4/29/2008 12:02:06 PM
^^^^ Thats the tragic part of this, the child is the biggest victum here, I agree. I don't mean to focus blame on a specific person, but the OPs girlfriends mother I just can't understand why and HOW she allowed this to happen, I mean again, I really beleive that the older you are, the more you should know better, so why she even got herself in this situation, I can't figure out. I am not excusing the OP at all. He did the wrong thing with going with her request and now he is paying for it. But now that this has accured, we also need to focus on the healing process, and there MUST be a healing process here especially for the sake of the child, things need to get better and get better soon, before this mess potentially gets really ugly.

This is something you just wish never happened in the first place, because you just can't understand why this would happen and things like this are so hard to deal with. Most of all it is unfair to the child. I mean the Op's girlfriend also, once she finds out will be outraged and heart broken also. This is just a horrible situation. Very sad. Thats why I think the OP needs to get some sort of help as soon as he can, if the lady is sleeping on the wheel, atleast the OP needs to take some positive action to try to make things go better.

You're assuming he's feeling guilt and remorse. Hopefully you're right. He doesn't need a dang therapist. At 30, he knows right from wrong. He also knows life is about choices. He's about to learn first hand what consequences from his choices means. Don't sympathize with him. Let him wallow in his guilt and those bad feelings so he knows just exactly what it feels like. THAT'S the therapy he needs so that he NEVER wants another to feel that pain because of the choices he makes.

I agree with you, he made a choice, and now he, along with the gfs mom need to face the consequences. Also I totally agree that he should have known better, he's 30, there is no excuse for what he did. I was just saying that the OLDER the person is, the more they should know, so I am saying that both are guilty obviously, but just that the mother should have known better yet, being nearly twice his age... thats all I am saying. But at the end, they BOTH chose the wrong thing, they made a bad decision and both will need to face the music.
 love_on_fire

What to do when a man throws a tantrum over use of a condom?
Posted: 4/29/2008 11:52:10 AM
Ok I just want to clear something up immediately, I didn't mean to say that she should apologize to him, I wasn't in the right state of mind when I said that, I think what she should do is talk about it with him, maybe have HIM apologize or atleast explain himself, but also be willing to be open with him and invite him to open himself to her and maybe try to understand why he is having these outbursts. That is a more logical step for the Op to take. I just feel that the more we understand other people, the better we can be equiped with handling certain situations.

You can't rule out that perhapes something is bothering him, and if so, then he may just need a good helpful mature talk and hopefully after talking about it, the issue can get better. Too many times we just like to ignore people we think are different or "wierd", but we need to understand that they are people like us and they may really just be looking for someone to reach out to for help, because they may be suffering inside. This happens alot and I feel this needs to be adressed and considered, because this is one area that gets really misunderstood.

And do practice safe sex and make sure both of you are on the same page when it comes to something like this.
 love_on_fire
Msg: 7 (view)

Posted: 4/29/2008 11:41:15 AM
^^Leanne, I agree with you that they both must face the music, but we need to put ourselves in their shoes, this is a very traumatic experience for them, especially him I'm sure. As I said, the girlfriends mother should have known better and I feel alittle less sympathy for her then I do the OP. I think that the OP atleast deserves some helpful advice, even though he messed up bad, atleast he acknowledges it and he noticably feels horrified and bad about it. I would suggest for him to see some councelor to help him deal with the guilt and the fear that he must be going through. It's not good for guilt to be in you too long, it is a horrible thing to carry around. Get some help OP as soon as you can from a councelor or therapists and family/friends etc, and hopefully this situation will slowly but surely calm down. I can't imagine the guilt you must be going through, I feel for you, even though what you did was not right, I still feel for you.
 love_on_fire
Msg: 100 (view)

She has AIDS and is on POF. Is this the end of dating ?
Posted: 4/29/2008 11:30:57 AM
OP, I am very sorry to hear this. I am also sorry for this lady who is infected. I still would maybe say that you can be friends, but thats as far as it should go.

I must be honest, this is one of the things that deep down in the back of my head I fear, and I pray that none of us come across this. This is one thing that is very good to know as soon as you can.

As for her being on POF, I don't know what I can say, other then she may be looking for friends or something? She has the right to be on here, but she also has to tell others about her situation, and I think it took alot of courage from her to tell you this and I would be thankful to her that she told you in time.

This is something that is never easy to hear. One of the first things I would be thinking is how I could help them and that I wish I could. It's a very difficult situation to be in.

I hope you find someone who will love you because you deserve it. You sound like a great guy. Also, as I said earlier, you can try to still be friends with this lady, you can't help but feel sorry and want to atleast help in some way.
 love_on_fire
Msg: 5 (view)

Posted: 4/29/2008 11:17:58 AM
Dude, I would like to know what you were doing with your girlfriends mother in the first place?? How old is she? She should be dating men her own age.... lol but thats another issue for another time. I am sorry this happened, on top of her doing this with someone young enough to be her son probably, she also didn't use protection, that is just very wrong and selfish. Why didn't you use protection??, atleast you should have used your head alittle here. You both (you and your gfs mom) are at fault, but I would blame her mom even more, because she is older and she should know better then to screw around with her daughters boyfriend!! But also, you should have known that she being that much older then you, she just wasn't for you....after all, YOU HAVE A GIRLFRIEND!!....so why on earth would you do something like this????
 love_on_fire
Msg: 145 (view)

OK, you made me look
Posted: 4/29/2008 10:12:59 AM
This thread just like many others just seems so....outrages lol, but what the heck I'll bite. I will be honest, I do tend to tell more white lies when I am clean shaven then when I have a soulpatch on me, but 3 years ago, I was more honest when I was clean shaven, but when I wore the soulpatch facial hair, I noticed I was more unreliable then. Now I notice I am just more honest no matter if I have facial hair or not. At the moment I do have abit of a 5'oclock shadow going on, yet I told the truth in my opinion comment about this thread being outrages, and that IS the truth!!.... so there we go...we learn something new everyday. lol

Also for the gentlemen who said Ted Bundy was clean shaven.....true, but he had long hair to go with that and that I think would have cancelled any integrity and moral ethical standard that he could have had in that sick digusting ugly piece of bullshit mind.

Not being general here or anything, just responding to the Ted Bundy comment.
 love_on_fire
Msg: 24 (view)

most common misperception
Posted: 4/29/2008 10:05:13 AM
after reading another thread about women being happily divorced, i'd say another misconception is that women need a man to be happy and are fooling themselves if they say otherwise....for many women that's just not so

surely it's better to be wanted than needed anyway, no?

I think that your first statement can go both ways, as some guys also feel the same way. I think especially nowadays with how many (NOT ALL) women can behave and act, I think most (NOT ALL) guys would choose to want to be single and be happy and so forth.

As for your second statement.....WRONG!!!! I would much rather be needed as someone who can hopefully help or assist another person if they are suffering or down, and show them that I care and would like to help them etc, I would much rather be "needed" in that sense, then to be merely "wanted" for money or sex or something.

Please tell me you understand this!?!??!??!!!
 love_on_fire

most common misperception
Posted: 4/29/2008 1:22:01 AM

The most common misperception is that feminism has anything to do with dating

I would hope not, otherwise I don't think one guy in their right mind would date at all lol.

There are many misconceptions, and many go both ways and unfortunately many stem from a narrow minded way of thinking and are linked to ignorance and apathy. I really feel there needs to be more truth being told and proper education regarding the genders, so people don't go around bullshitting others.
 love_on_fire

What to do when a man throws a tantrum over use of a condom?
Posted: 4/29/2008 1:04:09 AM
Well..... first maybe apologize to him would always be a nice start. Second, try to talk to him about it and just don't sweet the small stuff. I'm sure he is worried about some things too, and he should open up about them also.

It's nice to practice having trust for the other person. Practicing safe sex is important too, but also to develope trust for both of you is important.
 love_on_fire
Msg: 11 (view)

Should it be mandatory for NHL players to wear neck protectors??
Posted: 4/21/2008 6:44:03 PM
^^

Well it's great to know that Zednik is all well and better from that incident that he experienced 2 months ago. I beleive that the NHL players have a choice, but anything under the NHL level, it must be maditory in my opinion for them to wear some sort of neck protectors considering that in the event (God forbid) that something like that does happen, the minor leagues don't have the kind of quick medical connection and medical staff with them at their games as the NHL games do.
 love_on_fire
Msg: 1 (view)

Roman Catholic Priest in Brazil carried away by balloons and is missing.....
Posted: 4/21/2008 5:38:27 PM
This is a story from Brazil regarding one of their Roman Catholic priests who is missing. I hope they can find him sooner then later, the people there must have been terrified when they saw this.

SAO PAULO, Brazil - A Roman Catholic priest who floated off under hundreds of helium party balloons was missing Monday off the southern coast of Brazil.

Rescuers in helicopters and small fishing boats were searching off the coast of Santa Catarina state, where pieces of balloons were found.

Rev. Adelir Antonio de Carli lifted off from the port city of Paranagua on Sunday afternoon, wearing a helmet, thermal suit and a parachute.

He was reported missing about eight hours later after losing contact with port authority officials, according to the treasurer of his Sao Cristovao parish, Denise Gallas.

Gallas said by telephone that the priest wanted to break a 19-hour record for the most hours flying with balloons to raise money for a spiritual rest-stop for truckers in Paranagua, Brazil's second-largest port for agricultural products.

Some American adventurers have used helium balloons to emulate Larry Walters -- who in 1982 rose three miles above Los Angeles in a lawn chair lifted by balloons.

A video of Carli posted on the G1 Web site of Globo TV showed the smiling 41-year-old priest slipping into a flight suit, being strapped to a seat attached to a huge column green, red, white and yellow balloons, and soaring into the air to the cheers of a crowd.

According to Gallas, the priest soared to an altitude of 20,000 feet (6,000 meters) then descended to about 8,200 feet (2,500 meters) for his planned flight to the city of Dourados, 465 miles (750 kilometers) northwest of his parish.

But winds pushed him in another direction, and Carli was some 30 miles (50 kilometers) off the coast when he last contacted Paranagua's port authority, Gallas said.

Carli had a GPS device, a satellite phone, a buoyant chair and is an experienced skydiver, Gallas said.

"We are absolutely confident he will be found alive and well, floating somewhere in the ocean," she said.

"He knew what he was doing and was fully prepared for any kind of mishap."

I never heard of something like this happening before. I feel sorry for the priest and I hope that they find him safe by some miracule. You never know, he may be ok after all.
 love_on_fire
Msg: 41 (view)

Teacher accused of sex with student
Posted: 4/12/2008 9:05:46 AM
One observation that the local news pointed out, with this latest news release of yet another female teacher engaging in sexual relations with her student, was that male teachers have much stiffer penalties for such conduct whereas the female teachers more or less get a "shame on you". The examples used in that context was Lefay vs. a comparable offense by a male teacher (don't recall the name) with a female student. The male teacher was sentenced to 22 years. Lefay got a new "ankle bracelet" which certainly did not prevent her from violating the terms of her privileged consequences.

I personally cannot stand those double standards. They are wrong and unfair and they can cause tremendous amount of pain and hurt.

But in this case, whether it's a mal or a female that does this, they should BOTH be held to the same standard and have the same penalty!! If a guy gets 22 years in prison, then so should the female. If the female gets a slap on the wrist and only probation, so should the male!! Although both deserve to be either in jail for this or in a psych-ward getting help. I just cannot and will not tolerate double standards, that is one of my huge pet-peeves. What she did was wrong and she should get a tougher penalty for it.

love_on_fire
Msg: 45 (view)

If they call us women Cougars, what do they call the Men?
Posted: 4/12/2008 8:30:21 AM
What do you call the men who like younger women?

Well there are many things that can be thought of such as "Big Tiger" or just "Tiger", another one I heard is "Dadey" not to be confused with daddy or father (as in parent)..rather this term refers to the "who is yo daddey" type, and has that context in mind, so maybe a term of dominance or superiority as the term would have us suggest?. I have heard some be called "rock" or "Rock Man" , I don't know where that came from, I think it originated in the 70's or something from one of the tv shows back then, and they may have adapted it to refer to an older male who likes younger ladies. "Grizz" is another term I beleive I heard used for them and "Bear" or "Big Bear" is yet another.

These terms frankly are as derogatory in my opinion to say about a guy as "cougar" is for a lady that likes younger men.

I frankly don't like it when people refer to men or women in their 40's (and up) or even 30's, who like younger women and men respectively, those kinds of terms.
 love_on_fire

HAIRY BACKS
Posted: 4/11/2008 9:14:35 PM
I think in my opinion that guys who DO have back hair on them choose to have it there for one reason and one reason only, and that is to keep the lady they are sleeping with (who they really don't find attractive) off of him at night time, since he doesn't want her to touch him. LOL LOL That ussually does the trick lol. jk lol
 love_on_fire
Msg: 44 (view)

Men Who've Passed Their Expiration Date
Posted: 4/10/2008 6:57:39 AM
Sorry for some of my spelling and grammatical errors in my above post.

First I meant to say "she MAY not be all there" not "pay"lol. Also I meant to say later in my comment that "this is sad when someone goes off the wall and off the deep end like this."

Again sorry for my typos. I just woke up, so those things can happen lol. Just goes to prove no bodies perfect, not in personality, not in character, not in physical appearance, not in intelligence and also we all make little typo mistakes to verify that lol.
 love_on_fire
Msg: 43 (view)

Posted: 4/10/2008 6:05:28 AM
Yeah the OP comes across as a nasty ****. Her thinking is messed up, and unfair, she holds alot of prejudice and she comes across way worse then a crack head would. It's very shameful what she did quit frankly and she doesn't seem to see the hypocrisy of this. I mean she herself is middle aged and crazy and yet she violently degrades and attacks men her age. I think she pay be not all there quit frankly, and again this is sad when someone goes off the way and wall like this. She just came across as a person with a cold heart, lack of affection, consideration of others and just plain crule.

love_on_fire

Posted: 4/10/2008 12:27:27 AM
OP..This really sounds sexist and very discriminatory, degrading and insulting to many men I'm sure. You just think you have the right to look down on people like that and think that just because they got older that they are any less important and that they have less dignity?? Please give me a break. This is unfair to guys, and I frankly am getting tired of all this hate and bashing talk against others over silly things and trying to tarnish their image and make them look like crap. It's very sad I can't even tell you. I'm sick of the hate speech and the discriminations and the judging and the bullshit that goes on. People trying to tarnish other peoples character that they worked so long for is just very wrong. How would you liek it if someone judged you the same way. Based on this thread, it sounds like your brain expired. You sound like a cold person with an evil heart. I'm sorry that I have to say this, but I am just being honest. The hypocracy and double standards is just becoming almost unbearable,

This is what you come across as op, and you need to change your views on these sorts of things and in how you judge people overall, because trust me this is the kind of stuff that can cause so much pain and hurt and gender bashing, hateful feelings etc. What right have you or anyone to judge and crticize someone over these kinds of silly things. You really are comming across as a shallow person.

Shame on you for starting a stupid bashing, hateful thread like this.
 Love_on_Fire
Msg: 10 (view)

Do all women HATE younger women?
Posted: 4/9/2008 1:53:39 PM
Again now ALL older women are like this

I'm tipping this was a typo error? If not this older woman is armed and ready to do battle

I'M SORRY PEOPLE..... That was a typing error. I meant to say '"NOT All older women are like this".

Sorry about that...and thank you "Pamperpooch" for noticing that for me. Sorry about that people!!
 Love_on_Fire
Msg: 5 (view)

Do all women HATE younger women?
Posted: 4/9/2008 1:14:03 PM
I find that sometimes is the case I feel. Not all older women are like that, but atleast from what I have found on this site, there are MANY that are. It's really sad when that happens. As you older, you should be aging gracefully and gaining wisdom. But sadly some go the opposite and still think and act like they did when they were in their 20's or teens. They try to make themselves and others beleive that they still are the same as they were 10 -20 years ago and that they still are as good looking and beautiful and sexy as they were back then, and they seem to be in denial of the reality more then anyone else it seems. Again now ALL older women are like this, but it seems atleast from this site and reading the profiles and forums that most are like that. I guesse there is jealousy there, and bitterness which is very sad. Also insecurity, but that happens. But somehow I seem to see more of that insecurity , anger, bitterness, judgmentalism and hate from some/many older women (like 35 and up) .

We can only hope and pray that those who are guilty of this come back to their senses, and smarten up and act their age.

All what I said above, applies to the Op's friend. OP, she is a jealous person it appears, and insecure, and she is still maybe living in a dream land, which is not good and it's sad. I would have her get some help maybe and just seek good counceling.
 love_on_fire

Another sickening crime, but miraculously the victum survived...
Posted: 4/8/2008 10:49:58 PM
This is crazy and almost unbeleivable. This man survived after going through a terrible ordeal that could have killed him. It is sickening that these things happened, but at the same time it's a blessing that he made it out alive.

Feb 06, 2008 04:20 PM
Fenton vows he'll never drive cab again
By: John Slykhuis

Bill Fenton was just trying to make an honest living driving a cab when his throat was slashed from ear-to-ear by a fare he picked up in Sutton.

Mr. Fenton was dispatched to the Dalton Road address in the early morning hours of Jan. 31, picking up a male passenger who told him to drive to a home in Keswick.

That’s when Mr. Fenton’s nightmare began.

The 39-year-old had leased and driven a cab for Paul’s Taxi in Georgina for about six months, earning a little extra money to supplement the small disability pension he receives after major back surgery.

After that night, he’ll never drive a cab again.

His wife Andrea Gedcke related what Mr. Fenton told her from his hospital bed when he was able to speak.

He drove the 26-year-old man to the Keswick address, making a few stops along the way and was then directed to another address.

After the last trip, the man jumped in the back seat and, as Mr. Fenton was driving away, suddenly put a knife to his throat.

“We have to go for a ride,” the suspect allegedly said. “These are times of desperation.”

As they drove along, he instructed Mr. Fenton to throw his cellphone and CB out the window.

“Look, I’ve got a wife and kids. You can take my money. You can take the car,” Mr. Fenton told the passenger.

The suspect ignored his pleas and directed him to Lake Drive where he was ordered to park the car so the headlights were pointing at the lake.

“Turn the lights out and throw the keys out of the window,” the man ordered.

As soon as he did, the suspect began to slash at his neck with the knife.

“Bill grabbed his throat to stop the bleeding. He’s had first aid training,” Ms Gedcke said. “He lay down across the seat pretending he was dead, but he knew he couldn’t stay there because he would bleed to death.”

He made his way out of the cab, still clutching his neck and grappled with the suspect, who attempted to stab him, cutting Mr. Fenton’s hands as he tried to defend himself.

Then the man ran off.

York Regional Police made a quick arrest and the suspect, 26, from Sutton, is in custody facing a number of charges, including attempted murder.

Spotting a porch light on at a nearby home, Mr. Fenton stumbled over and banged on the door.

The shocked residents let him in, called 911 and wrapped a sheet around his neck to slow the bleeding.

Police and paramedics arrived soon after, expecting to find a dead man.

“They worked on him all the way down to Southlake,” Ms Gedcke said. “It turned out the blade cut just a millimeter away from his carotid artery. He would have bled to death.”

His job driving a cab was one of the few he was able to do with his back injury.

“That was our last chance to live a normal life,” said his wife, who is also disabled with rheumatoid arthritis. “We lost income that was very important to us.”

They have no other source of income and no insurance.

Paul Rose and his son, Jay, who own Paul’s Taxi have started a fund to collect donations for Mr. Fenton when he is released from hospital.

Mr. Fenton was a popular driver, Mr. Rose said.

“He has a great personality and the clients said they really liked him. Bill’s just a great, honest guy,” he added. “We’ve had a lot of our clients calling and asking about him and how he’s doing.”

From his hospital bed Mr. Fenton said he would like to thank “the kind and brave people who opened their home, called 911 and helped me”.

He also had high praise for the paramedics, police and hospital staff at Southlake.

“Everyone was so professional. They were amazing.”

Mr. Fenton is due to be released from hospital this week, but he’ll have to be back for plastic surgery at some point to deal with the grisly scars on his neck.

The sad thing is that he was just doing his job, barely getting by, when this horrific crime happened.

Those punks that did this to him should get a very good beating!!!! and life in jail!!!!!
 love_on_fire
Msg: 146 (view)

Whats an instant turn on for you
Posted: 4/7/2008 9:11:35 PM
The basic things you know....Beautiful smile, beautiful eyes, 5'4" to 6'1" feet tall, long thick full healthy hair up to 4 feet long (up to her butt and longer would be a bonus) especially if it's dark hair. Also a great feminine butt, a well defined, sexy rich womanly curve and offcourse another given, big, rich, healthy and sexy looking womanly/feminane breasts that signify so many crucial things about the female including vitality and health and dignity (to SOME men). A simple yet sexy voice that penetrates into your heart and just sweeps a guy off his feet along with the rest of her stunning beautiful rich appearance.

Just the basics, nothing too much. Other things can be negotiated around.
 love_on_fire
Msg: 110 (view)

Women with LONG HAIR
Posted: 4/4/2008 10:08:22 AM
As long as they have hair !!!!!!!!! lol, that is ok to an extent. Although 99.9999% of guys prefer females with long hair, because it looks more feminine and pretty and sexy etc. BUT there are some ladies that look great with short hair, but you have to have a beautiful face and beautiful eyes for a lady to pull off wearing short hair!!!!
 love_on_fire
Msg: 58 (view)

sex on the first date
Posted: 4/3/2008 3:35:58 PM
I don't think I would. I mean unless I really got to know someone very well before the date and we got along very well and liked eachother to the point where it can happen. I am open minded, but there needs to be that comfortability with the person first. But I will say this, I would much rather have sex on a first date then judge (falsily) someone over trivial things that are immature to judge others over, such as the car they drive, how they do their hair, how much make-up they have on, or what brand or type of dress/clothes are they wearing etc.
 love_on_fire
Msg: 10 (view)

If he was single, would you date Arnold Schwartzenegger?
Posted: 4/2/2008 10:34:48 PM
"Schwarzenegger" - not "Schwartzenegger".

Sometimes I see it spelt with a "t" in between the "r" and the "z". If you listen to how it is pronounced, you would definately here a "t" sound in there. To translate that into English "phonetics" it would be pronounced "Shwartsenegger"...again going by the English phonetic system. Maybe over time it has been spelt differently by different people in diffferent places, but I know that there have been numerous times where people have used the "Schwartzenegger" version/rendering.
 love_on_fire
Msg: 59 (view)

TURN OFFS
Posted: 4/2/2008 10:20:16 PM
For me one other HUGE turn off that I don't think I mentioned elsewhere is a lady that likes, hangs around or has snakes. I mean I have tried before to like and get used to people like that and it just doesn't work, I hate snakes from my heart, no matter how nice the lady is and how beautiful she is and how much she may like me, I still would not date her if she likes or hangs around or owns snakes. If I would date her , (I know this may sound harsh to the snake likers), I would ask that she kill off all her snakes or allow me to do it, before I even step foot on her property and consider dating her....or she can sell her snakes or get rid of them I think would be a nicer thing to do instead of killing. For I am absolutely terrified of snakes, and was terrified of them ever since I was a little kiddy and I don't think that will change. I hate them!! ANY (or almost any) other animal would be fine, great or ok by me, as I love animals, but the snakes I just can't stand.
 love_on_fire

Posted: 4/1/2008 9:16:04 PM
Vhats wroong vit Oustria?? lol

WOW is his accent really that bad that it would turn people off. Apparently Mariah thought it was something else lol. Someone mentioned that Arnold has this Austrian grin or something LOL.. hmmm I won't say too much about that I guesse. BUT again apparently Arnold is not considered attractive by most of the posters.
 love_on_fire
Msg: 24 (view)

Posted: 3/31/2008 7:10:05 AM
^^pay the kid alot of money?? NO!! Can you imagine if that was the case? Wow, how many students would try that one out!!
And how many parents would push their kid to try that one out. No. Wouldn't work.

Teach is in enough trouble. Probably getting her psyche evaluation now , along with lawyers; IOW, her whole life has completely changed, forever, while his will be for a while, and he'll be 18 and legal pretty soon. What a freakin mess.

So you are kind of on her side in some ways is what your saying? I mean I agree that sometimes the media goes to haywire over these incidents, I know some male teachers that have got accused of this stuff and their lives got changed afterwards. It's too bad when this happens. It ends up being messy and it can cause alot of psychological and emotional both to the victum and the guilty one. In these cases both people can get traumatized.

But at the end of the day, the teach should have controlled herself and not done such an act. She should date men her own age and older!!!! Even though to the boy, (sad to say) he may be viewing this as a slam dunk, this act is still wrong and it should never happen in our schools no matter if it's a male or female teacher. They should both control themselves.

But just wondering OP, lets say the teacher was a 25 year old guy and the victum was a 16 year old girl... in all honesty, how would you feel about that and do you think that in that case the perpetrator should have to pay the girl for any damage caused? One of the last things we need or want in these kinds of cases is a double standard!!!!
 love_on_fire
Msg: 21 (view)

Posted: 3/30/2008 6:19:29 PM
She should be fired and be fined alot of $$$$.

There is no grey area here, she messed up in a big way, and she should have controlled her hormones but she didn't.

She should have to pay the student alot of $$$$. As a teacher, you are held to a much higher standard.

This happens way to offen and it should be minimized by using different control techniques.!
 love_on_fire
Msg: 42 (view)

Is a Disability a Dealbreaker?
Posted: 3/29/2008 11:56:35 AM

I have spent so much of my life putting my needs and wants on hold for other people that it's about time that I live for myself. It's unfair to consider people selfish or shallow because they choose to live the only life they have trying to be happy instead of trying to please everyone else. Not to say that I would run if something happened to the man in my life... but to get into a situation where I know it would be detrimental to me in too many ways? No thanks.

I didn't mean it in such a way as to neglect ones own freedom and responsibilities and happiness. I was saying that there are people out there that really just need to be listened to and be given a chance and not be immediately rejected over something that may be silly ir trivial. Ev eryone has the right to be happy, and to feel accepted. So it is good to consider others in that regard also. That is what I meant by my comments.
 love_on_fire

Is a Disability a Dealbreaker?
Posted: 3/28/2008 10:32:17 PM
David, I think most people would be able to look past that, especially if they take a little bit of time to get to know you. :)

That would be so nice if it was true. But unfortunately people judge and judge immediately as soon as they see something that is not that ussual, no matter what the flaw, they look down upon the person as being inferior and not important and undignified because of some flaw, physical or otherwise.

I wish I can say people don't judge like that, but we even see this kind of judging on the forums here, people are quick to condemn something that they see as different or unappealing or not giving an instant "spark".

It's like being trapped in a prison inside your own mind when people don't take the time to get to know and don't even attempt to help you out somehow. Unfortunately many people can be selfish and they forget about others if there is nothing in it for them or if they don't "appeal" to them....which is very sad.
 love_on_fire

Posted: 3/27/2008 1:07:43 PM
Honestly, I'm alittle surprised at the responses lol., I thought most ladies here would have said yes to this. I guesse it just depends on what the lady is looking for.

love_on_fire

Posted: 3/26/2008 10:10:03 PM
Just thought I'd see what some of you think about this one. Do things like, being a Governor make someone any more appealing, especially if it's someone like Arnold? His famed career from a Body building world champion to his successful movie career and now his term as Governor of California, is this something that is highly valued among many?

What is your take on this?
 love_on_fire
Msg: 114 (view)

Spitzer is he another Victum?
Posted: 3/26/2008 5:04:08 PM

Ya know, objectors and white-washers...when you start a thread about someone whose offense is so similar to those of others...you're going to encounter some posts about PRECEDENTS. Guess what? Spitzer's offense isn't original...therefore people are going to bring up BUSH and CLINTON and every other political hopeful who ever got his skanky dealings exposed. Do we want to repeat the mistakes and foolishness of previous presidents? NO....so really, what is so objectionable about bringing up your GLORIOUS, HALLOWED leader (Bush) as an example of the same stupidity? Because YOU don't want to see his stupid ass slandered (again) for things he's actually guilty of? And thus, you whine about it being off-topic when it's not? PREVIOUS offenders and the way in which our legal system deals with them are very much ON topic.

Spitzer is guilty of the same kinds of assumed privilege as many other politicians in this double-standarded society. Golly, who sets up the standard?

You're right and regardless of whether it's off topic to bring up George.W.Bush or not, Bush is more of a criminal then Spitzer is with all the civilian casualties going on in Iraq over an illigitamite war. What Bush is doing in Iraq is on a diffferent scale then what Elliot Spitzer has done. Also atleast Spitzer had the heart and wisdom to apologize for his actions. Bush on the other hand, is not only not apologizing, he still things he's right in what he's doing.
 love_on_fire
Msg: 12 (view)

Wife tried to run over her husband 20 times with her child in the back seat
Posted: 3/26/2008 4:44:06 PM
Read post #22 and click on the link there and read the WHOLE story.
They argued...it turned into a physical confrontation, she was able to get the baby away from him, safely strap him/her into the vehicle and...she also put a suitcase into the vehicle. She wanted to leave, get away from him!!!

This is my theory...she tried to leave and he kept getting in front of the vehicle, if she wanted to hit him she could have. He was trying to stop her from leaving, even went as far as throwing a brick and endangering his baby's safety. (he had time to pick up a brick and throw it but not time to jump a fence, run in the house, go to a neighbors???)

I think there is more to this story than meets the eye and it will eventually come out.

A question to all the men who are ready to see her hang...
If you were in a YARD and a woman was trying to run over you what would you do? Run around in circles, think you could stop it with a brick or get the hell out of that yard long before twenty attempts were made?

I read the whole story, that is NO excuse for her to do what she did. She may be a nutcase who is psycho, but she still did wrong. She endangered her husbands life and her kids life. Again the brick was probably for self defence, I mean if someone was trying to run over me, assuming I didn't have a gun with me, I would pick up something and throw it at a car even if it will distract for a second or have the person stop. Not neccessarily aiming for the person, but just throw it at the car.

If it's over money it was a shallow reason to try to leave someone anyways, so just for that, she is at fault.
 love_on_fire
Msg: 8 (view)

Posted: 3/24/2008 7:44:45 PM

.. if she reacted like this over $300 .... Im guessing its lucky the guy wasnt unfaithful...
she might be a better shot with a knife...

Alright, frankly it really does seem that some of the answers on here and also in other threads seem to come from people who appear to hold some anger or bitterness or something, maybe thats why time after time we see either anger posts, hate posts, sore humour and lame sarcasm posts etc. It can get sad and disturbing to think that these are adults saying this and talking like this. It's like the sanctity of human life doesn't matter any more, and it's only what makes you happy at whatever cost that matters.

The lady in this tragic story clearly needs some sort of help, on of jail time. ALSO I am willing to bet that the guy , when he through the rock at the car, he was most likely aiming at HER and not anyone or anything else!! We don't even know for sure if he knew the baby was in the back seat. But even if he did, I am pretty sure he was aiming at the woman for trying to kill him, and it was essentially out of self-defence or other people may call it playing "fire with fire" and sometimes , like these situations, it's understandable.
 love_on_fire
Msg: 3 (view)

Posted: 3/24/2008 2:05:10 PM

She tried to run him over 20 times and failed? Geeze...she must be a lousy driver.

She was driving around in their yard, not in the middle of traffic, the child was safe...until he attempted to throw a brick in the window. That brick could have gone anywhere and just how was that suppose to stop a vehicle, anyway?

I am not defending her, it was stupid, but why didn't he run in the house or away from her and the vehicle? Sounds like they both acted irresponsibly and should both be charged with something (in addition to stupidity).

Wrong.... No disrespect, but the guy was trying to probably DEFEND himself!!!!! Why in the heck was she trying to run him over??? SHE is the one to blame, he was just reacting to it. But she is the one that tried to cause harm.!! How can you fault the guy? It's called self-defence, or he was just reacting that way because he was scared for his life!!
 love_on_fire
Msg: 2 (view)

Posted: 3/24/2008 12:24:38 PM
I wonder how long before the wife is on Oprah telling the world about her pain and suffering.

You mean like Micheal Jackson was so quickly forgiven and felt sorry for over his cases of child abuse? It's horrible really....oh yeah not to mention she also tried too kill her husband-HELLO!!!???? This biotch is a nutcase, and she got off way to easy. For attempted murder, she should get tougher punishment for that.
 love_on_fire

Posted: 3/24/2008 7:35:24 AM
Here we go again, another stupid crime that could have been prevented with some reasoning. These kinds of things seem to happen more and more it seems.

PORT ST. LUCIE, Fla. - A woman in Port St. Lucie faces charges of chasing her fleeing husband around their yard in a minivan, in attempts to drive over him about 20 times.

Their baby, who was in the back seat of the minivan, was buckled up and was not hurt, deputies said.

Deputies said it started over a dispute over $300 on Friday between Leslie Ann Brown and her husband, Nicholas.

Deputies said he tried to stop the vehicle by throwing a brick at the windshield.

The wife has been released on $2,750 bond, charged with aggravated assault with a deadly weapon and child abuse.

Very sad turn of events needless to say with this woman trying to run over her husband with her child on board the car also. Very disturbing and needless.
 love_on_fire
Msg: 185 (view)

Rejected after the first date?
Posted: 3/23/2008 5:54:18 PM

You skipped right over this didn't you love on fire? I was responding to someone who was generalizing against women and saying "hey it's men too" . Please read entire post before jumping to conclusions.

I'm not sure what you mean, I Skipped over what? that comment? I personally agree with you that generalizing is not right, so we agree there. Sorry if I did run into conclusions.

However the guy that just answered after me, he also made a fantastic point, and really I think he said it better then I did.... so I appreciate his information, because it also makes alot of sense.
 love_on_fire
Msg: 48 (view)

How do you feel?
Posted: 3/23/2008 3:51:53 PM
The ****ing whining on this thread is silly. WTF !!??? The OP was just asking a question that to him is of a concern, why not have the courtesy to respond to him respectfully. Lets calm things down here!!

Op, I don't know , but just look forward if you can to the second date and make the best out of things. Just take things in strides and make sure you get to know her well, no need to be screwed over by another one like many guys AND gals have on here.

Show ALL Forums