Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Why do guys always end up talkin about sex?
 lil_bit_rock_n_roll
Msg: 30 (view)

Why do guys always end up talkin about sex?
Posted: 6/14/2008 6:19:15 PM
When I was 22 I worked in an office environment where I was one of 2 guys working with 8 ladies. They were all in their early 40's and older. The conversations I walked in on CONSTANTLY made me blush. They talked about sex more, and in more graphic detail, than any group of guys I have ever been around.
 lil_bit_rock_n_roll
Msg: 1 (view)

finally
Posted: 6/14/2008 6:17:20 PM
Well, I didn't find someone through POF but I have enjoyed using the site for the most part. I did make a few friends through here which is great too. I just kind of met someone randomly and things are going great. I still use the forums, and appreciate all the advice/info I have read through them. Other than the diehard negative people. Don't let them get to you. Keep trying.
 lil_bit_rock_n_roll
Msg: 5 (view)

Would you date someone who believed in UFOs?
Posted: 6/14/2008 6:14:44 PM
UFO's don't sound much more unbelievable to me than a lot of religious stuff I hear. So no, I have no problems with it.
 lil_bit_rock_n_roll
Msg: 86 (view)

Is Great Sex THAT important?
Posted: 5/14/2008 4:00:23 AM
Great sex is all just part of an overall connection with someone for me. If you have to 'work' at it, then there is something wrong.
 lil_bit_rock_n_roll
Msg: 587 (view)

Curvy Vs Slim
Posted: 5/11/2008 5:00:49 PM
"I find it hard to work out what is curvy or fat, they say the average size in the uk is now 14-16 thats why ive put average on my profile though even considered putting a few extra pounds. I am classed as over weight but size 14-16 all shops now sell, and to me a little extra tummy, though most of my fat is on my chest wouldnt be fat, or would it? becuase then your putting the size 14 in the same catergory as size 24."

I would say rolls of fat means fat. I don't know if that is simplifying things. I know plenty of larger people who are 'firm' and in decent shape. But there are people who are 'sloppy' fat. I feel bad using these terms, but that's kinda how I see it.

I personally associate the term 'curvy' with voluptuous. And I think voluptuous is VERY sexy. But it's not the same as being 'fat' and definitely not the same as being obese. It's doesn't come across as looking unhealthy either.
 lil_bit_rock_n_roll
Msg: 100 (view)

Would you date someone on antidepressants?
Posted: 5/10/2008 2:26:40 AM
I am on an anti-anxiety medication. I take it knowing full well it's a temporary thing to help me while I use other methods to help me sort out and learn how to deal with the causes though. And I have made a ton of progress in that regard. I think I am a much better person now, and have started to ween off the medication at this point. I don't regret taking it in the slightest. It helped me out a lot.

It's not good to write someone off just because they are on these meds. If you like the person, you should at least learn what their situation is.
 lil_bit_rock_n_roll
Msg: 6 (view)

Is chemistry enough to make a relationship?
Posted: 4/14/2008 9:28:20 AM
What the heck is a 'do not date' list??
 lil_bit_rock_n_roll
Msg: 29 (view)

Am I being unresonable?
Posted: 4/12/2008 3:10:35 PM
You've now worked out a temporary solution to a problem that's going to come up again. You've never answered anyone's questions about why he has issues with the people in the first place. Either that, or him having a control issue is the root of the problem. It's not going anywhere till you figure that out.
 lil_bit_rock_n_roll
Msg: 24 (view)

Am I being unresonable?
Posted: 4/12/2008 1:43:08 PM
Ya my point exactly. It's not always control issues. It sounds like something is being left out of the original post regarding why he might be acting this way. Without knowing if he has control issues in general, you can't just jump to that conclusion.
 lil_bit_rock_n_roll
Msg: 25 (view)

Why are children a problem?
Posted: 4/12/2008 12:54:39 PM
Well worded post silentman.
 lil_bit_rock_n_roll
Msg: 38 (view)

The gift of music
Posted: 4/12/2008 12:46:40 PM
Being a musician, music is one of the most important things in my life. But I have learned it's not that way for everyone over the years lol. Music seems like a logical gift to me to show how much I care. But some people couldn't really care either way about it. So it's not always the perfect gift to show someone how you feel.
 lil_bit_rock_n_roll
Msg: 23 (view)

Am I being unresonable?
Posted: 4/12/2008 12:44:28 PM
Are you leaving out any details? I didn't want to be around my last serious gf's family, but it's because they absolutely hated me. They felt I was responsible for her drinking problems, when I didn't even drink lol. But back to the point, it made some situations impossible. There was no way to resolve it other for both of us to just move on. They weren't going to change their opinion about me, and I was never going to be comfortable around them with the way they felt about me.
 lil_bit_rock_n_roll
Msg: 69 (view)

What makes a bad impression on a first date with you?
Posted: 4/11/2008 10:43:29 AM
Good point on the no sense of humour thing. Man that can be awkward. I know it can be said that 'maybe you just aren't funny' lol. But I actually have met people who just seem to be totally dry. It's so awkward.
 lil_bit_rock_n_roll
Msg: 19 (view)

Why are children a problem?
Posted: 4/11/2008 10:40:37 AM
For a lot of people I am sure it is a commitment and responsibility issue as others have said. But for a lot of us it's just a case of wanting to have our own kids. I have never had a kid, and I'd prefer to enter a relationship with someone who is the same. If I met someone I really liked who had kids, I wouldn't not date them for that reason. I just prefer to find someone in my situation. It's not really that complicated.

But, I also know a lot of guys who have had horrible experiences hooking up with women who had children already. Mainly with the fathers of those children giving them, and the women major grief. It's one of those situations were a lot can go wrong.
 lil_bit_rock_n_roll
Msg: 67 (view)

What makes a bad impression on a first date with you?
Posted: 4/11/2008 10:33:43 AM
I haven't had many horror stories myself. I agree 100% with the people who mention cell phones though. Besides receiving text or calls, there are also those people who have an annoying habit of constantly looking at their phone. People are so connected to their phones I don't think they even realize they do it. But to those of us who aren't tied to our cell phone, it gives a bad impression. I just leave my phone in the car and off if I am out with someone.

Not to be shallow, but in the online dating world, I also hate it when people lie about how they look. It's just a bad way to start off an evening when you meet someone and they look nothing like their photos. It's just hard to be trusting when that is your first impression of someone. Especially when I am completely honest with my photos, and describing how I look.
 lil_bit_rock_n_roll
Msg: 32 (view)

How do you guys do it??
Posted: 3/21/2008 7:57:21 PM
It's really important to me to find someone that shares my interests. The older I get, the harder that seems too for my specific interests. That's why I ended up on here. I figured there must be some other people like me. I like to see some signs of shared interests in the profile, then I message someone. I haven't messaged a ton of people, and I don't get a ton of responses either. I guess I could increase the odds my messaging everyone I come across as I am sure some people do lol. But that's just not me.
 lil_bit_rock_n_roll
Msg: 18 (view)

Very Dry Skin...HELP!
Posted: 3/19/2008 2:22:01 PM
Chris, ya that's what I was getting at too. Creams are really just a band-aid. You gotta find the root of the problem and treat it. You won't get any real relief until you do.

I go through the Canadian winter as well, which is just brutal on the skin. Especially once the heat comes on in doors. I take the same supplements you do, but in different forms (ground flax in my food, herring oil).

Another good tip if you live in the same kind of climate is to buy a decent humidifier.
 lil_bit_rock_n_roll
Msg: 11 (view)

Very Dry Skin...HELP!
Posted: 3/15/2008 6:56:37 AM
Ya gotta remember that a lot of what triggers, or is even the cause of the skin issues in a lot of cases is internal. If you can find what is causing those problems (as I luckily managed to do) you may be able to stop the external problems. Getting really extensive allergy testing, including foods is a good start. Then looking into vitamin defecencies is a good second step.

Again, I dealt with these issues for 29 years. As soon as I started treating the cause, the problems stopped within weeks. It's such a relief to not be in pain with dry skin and eczyma all winter.

Other suggestions for treating the dry skin, are to buy laundry products that are for sensative skin and to bath instead of showering. Epson salts and Aveeno can help in the bath. Also, apply skin cream as soon as you are out of the bath.

Again though, for anyone who lives in a climate with long winters, vitamin D is a miracle worker.

To the original poster RE cream for your face. Jojoba oil works really well for your face. It's close to skin's natural ph and is known for it's absorbtion. Emu oil is also really good. Neither contain any fragrances or chemicals which is also good.

Also, Spectro Gel is a nother GREAT thing for your face. It's an anti-bacterial soap, but is also moisturizing. So it helps fight dry skin, and treats acne/cleans. It's amazing stuff. It's the first thing I would try.
 lil_bit_rock_n_roll

Very Dry Skin...HELP!
Posted: 3/14/2008 2:46:14 PM
I can tell you what completely stopped my Eczyma, which is seasonal in my case.

2000 units of Vitamin D a day, + a good multi vit.
NutraSea herring oil
ground Flax in my cereal in the morning

I went to a naturapath for migraines. I got put on these few things, and it completely stopped HORRIBLE dry skin and Eczyma I have had basically since I was born.
 lil_bit_rock_n_roll
Msg: 40 (view)

Would you still go to nightclubs if you had a boyfriend/girlfriend?
Posted: 3/14/2008 9:43:42 AM
"What do you think when they mean settling down? It means backing away from the single life style and all the hangouts with your friends often and concentrating on your relationship (Okay sounds like marriage but relationships are supposed to be a preperation for marriage). The reason why people can't stay in relationships these days is because they cannot grasp this simple concept, then when things get complicated they start complaining and blaming the S/O for the relationship problems. Whatever happend to actually being devoted in a serious relationship? Is there so much mis-trust between the sexes now that people are too afraid to be 100% devoted?"

That is so ridiculous I am not even sure how to respond. It is the meaning of unhealthy to isolate yourself like that. It doesn't reflect a lack of 'devotion' in any way to have your own interests/hobbies etc. Your description of a relationship would end up being total dependance on each other. Which can lead to a TON of trouble down the road.
 lil_bit_rock_n_roll
Msg: 443 (view)

Lack-of-Sensitivity Training
Posted: 3/12/2008 8:30:20 PM
"instead of just addmitting that although men are compelled to have a quick look, they really shouldnt stare"

That's a little more reasonable view IMO. As I mentioned in a previous post, I am not a jerk and I don't gawk at women or make lewd comments. But I have totally glanced before. It would be ridiculous to deny that. I don't think someone should be made to feel guilty for that.

It's just a weird line. I personally am very turned on by women's eyes. More so than breasts. So should I feel guilty if I get caught up staring at someone's eyes?
 lil_bit_rock_n_roll
Msg: 422 (view)

shaved bald men
Posted: 3/12/2008 8:26:09 PM
I can't really judge men's attractiveness that well. But to me nothing looks worse on a guy than long, thinning hair. It adds years to someone's appearance. 99% of the time they look much better with their head shaved.
 lil_bit_rock_n_roll
Msg: 28 (view)

Would you still go to nightclubs if you had a boyfriend/girlfriend?
Posted: 3/12/2008 8:24:07 PM
I don't get anything out of night clubs. Not my scene. But I do like to go watch live bands play a lot. I have been in relationships where my partner enjoyed clubbing, but not the bands. So she went to clubs with her friends occasionally, and I went to shows with mine.

I know people go to dance and listen to the music etc. To me they just feel like a meat-market when I am in them though. Just not an environment I like.
 lil_bit_rock_n_roll
Msg: 426 (view)

Posted: 3/11/2008 7:17:22 PM
I'd have to guess it's more that if the buldge stands out, it's a good sign lol. I don't do much bulge watching myself.
 lil_bit_rock_n_roll
Msg: 9 (view)

bad dancing or none at all?
Posted: 3/11/2008 7:10:49 PM
"Why not take some dancing lessons? There would be a lot of happy women in this world if men would just make the effort to learn how to dance. It's not that hard, it's all about the feet and having fun! And it's a terrific way to meet girls. "

Good idea. I've actually thought about it before. Do you think there would be women my age in classes like that? I'd love to learn to dance really well.
 lil_bit_rock_n_roll
Msg: 424 (view)

Posted: 3/11/2008 4:22:54 PM
It's 'wandering eyes' just like guys have when talking to women sometimes. It might have happened and you just haven't noticed. It has happened to me quite a few times. And yes, there was even one situation where someone got 'grabby'. Granted was singing in a band at the time, which seemed to make things like that ok for some bizarre reason.

I'll admit females will obviously have way more problems. I am just pointing out that to think it's a female only issue having people do things that make you uncomfortable, is dreaming. It's not 'right'. But it happens.
 lil_bit_rock_n_roll

Posted: 3/11/2008 4:18:55 PM
Men should find a female friend who has great rhythm to help them at least learn to find the beat and stay on it. I've helped out a few men in need of serious dance help."

Ya I'd be really open to that. The stupid part is, I have played guitar bass and drums for 13 years. But when it comes to dancing I just have no rhythm whatsoever. I loosen up a little when I drink, but it's still a sad sight.
 lil_bit_rock_n_roll
Msg: 1 (view)

Posted: 3/11/2008 3:06:32 PM
I think I am a horrible dancer. I feel I have to go out and give it a shot or my date (if I am on one) would look badly on me. I am I better looking like a fool, or not dancing lol? It doesn't even come up a ton, but I already have 3 weddings to go to this year.
 lil_bit_rock_n_roll
Msg: 421 (view)

Posted: 3/11/2008 3:01:24 PM
Your last line is key. If you aren't happy with it, do something about it. You are telling the female point of view on the issue, males are telling the male point. You won't see their point, and they likely won't see yours. You won't emphasize with things that make a man uncomfortable.

I am not a jerk by any means, but I will admit I have looked at breasts. And I have looked at butts. They are attractive. I am not going to apologize. I have caught plenty of people looking at my crotch before.

If a guy is leering at you and you don't like it, you are fully in your right to say something. But it's up to you to do that. Thinking about it and not acting isn't going to change anything.

I'm sorry but I think your posts are just unrealistic.
 lil_bit_rock_n_roll
Msg: 418 (view)

Posted: 3/11/2008 12:47:17 PM
"but what some of you guys fail to understand, is that having your chest stared at can feel extremely intimidating and insulting."

And so is constantly being judged by women for your hairloss, or your height or whatever other shortcomings they think you have. Commenting on any aspect of a person's personality to make them uncomfortable sucks. But don't act like women are the only ones who have to deal with it. We all do. It's a 'people/personality' issue, not a male/female issue. Not all men are jerks, and not all women are jerks. Some are.
 lil_bit_rock_n_roll
Msg: 412 (view)

Ugg goes to the office
Posted: 3/11/2008 10:12:27 AM
Breasts are nice, and a lot of fashions accentuate them. So yes, our eyes get drawn to them. If men wore nothing but spandex, I am sure women would be looking at their units or whatever other part of of the body they find pleasing. There's no real mystery to it.
 lil_bit_rock_n_roll
Msg: 34 (view)

why be on a dating site if you dont wanna date or meet ppl???
Posted: 3/6/2008 6:50:45 PM
"When you join and create your profile, there's a drop down box for "looking for".

It has other choices besides dating. While I do understand what you're saying and do realize that every single member may not be honest about it, there are other reasons people are here."

What I think the OP is getting at is not everyone does this. Then get get mad when you message them, or post in the forum about 'jerks messaging them'. I don't act like a jerk, and I don't send perverted messages. And if I know someone isn't interested in dating, I won't message them. But if there is nothing anywhere on a profile to hint at this, how are you supposed to know?

It's not the fact that someone isn't interested in dating, it's that people get upset when they get messaged....about dating....on a dating site. For those of us who are not perverted jerks, it's a little confusing at times.
 lil_bit_rock_n_roll
Msg: 16 (view)

Posted: 3/6/2008 10:03:08 AM
"i'm not with anyone but at the same time not looking for dating/relationship right now cause i have my own issues to deal with...and i highly doubt any man be able to handle them right now...i can't even tolerate myself half the time how is a man gonna have patience to be with me?? so you haven't missed anything...theres all kinds complaining about the same thing you are on here as well...i'm personally afraid to meet anyone or even date cause i'm too scared i'll get hurt again...so i'm better off single till my issues clear up"

There is totally nothing wrong with that. It would be nice if people in your situation put something in their profiles to let others know there isn't much point in messaging them regarding dating/relationships though. People rarely do that.
 lil_bit_rock_n_roll
Msg: 11 (view)

Posted: 3/6/2008 6:18:27 AM
"I know how you feel bro, the women on here are not really seriously looking to date, they are just "fishing" to see what they can get. Really doesn't matter HOW great ur message you write to them is or your profile, they are really just looking for amusement and to kill a little time."

I am a pretty positive person in general, but this comment really seems to hit the nail on the head. I see mention all the time in these forums from females complaining about getting 'boring messages' or 'boring profiles'. Yet their profiles don't seem anymore detailed than anyone else on here. The only way to really get to know someone is to at least send a couple of messages back and forth.

If someone is just here for the forums, to look around, or even just don't want to talk to me that is cool. But they could at least just say so lol.
 lil_bit_rock_n_roll
Msg: 38 (view)

outrageous expectations from online daters
Posted: 3/6/2008 6:10:27 AM
I can't blame people for being 'picky'. But some of the profiles I read don't even seem realistic. If you can't find someone that fits those standards outside of this site, I have my doubts you will find them on this site either. I don't even know if some of these 'perfect' people even exist.
 lil_bit_rock_n_roll
Msg: 44 (view)

What brought you to POF
Posted: 3/6/2008 6:06:58 AM
I live in a town where I find I don't meet many people I have much in common with. Someone told me about this site, and I thought I'd try it out.
 lil_bit_rock_n_roll
Msg: 54 (view)

Was this rude of me?
Posted: 3/5/2008 11:52:36 AM
If the guy really wanted to go out, I think he would have called before 8:30 that night to set up some plans. Someone implied earlier in the thread that the date was on, and he didn't need to. Well, saying you are going to a movie isn't really planning anything. Having no other details besides "going to a movie", is someone supposed to wait around till 8:30 on a Saturday night? You are living in another world if you think that's ok.
 lil_bit_rock_n_roll
Msg: 2 (view)

do u guys like it ?
Posted: 3/5/2008 11:46:19 AM
Lot's-o-questions. There will be a ton of different opinions likely.

I don't mind pet-names if it's not done in an annoying way. EG every time someone speakers.

I don't like being 'caressed' while falling asleep because....I can't fall asleep. Someone laying on my shoulder etc is very nice hough.

I want someone to be open with me in a relationship. It's the only way it works.

All that being said, I can't imagine anyone male or female who would want someone hanging off them ALL the time. I love affection, but no one wants someone clinging (I don't think).
 lil_bit_rock_n_roll
Msg: 8 (view)

What's it take to get to talk to someone on IM
Posted: 3/5/2008 11:42:44 AM
I didn't even know the IM worked lol.
 lil_bit_rock_n_roll
Msg: 23 (view)

Question for apartment dwelling guitar players
Posted: 3/5/2008 10:49:16 AM
"I use a little Roland Micro-Cube when I'm trying to keep quiet. Add some headphones and the only sound is the guitar itself. If that is loud enough for them to call the cops on you, something is wrong... In most places, you can make X amount of music at Y volume until Z O'clock. You might want to check your town law and buy a DB meter so you know just exactly how loud you're being."

I am an avid collector of vintage tube amps. Which obviously aren't the best for situations where you need to be quiet. I picked up one of the micro-cubes lately and they are a fantastic little amp for practicing.

I also use Garageband and play and record direct into it a lot.

The best option if you can afford is to rent a jam space with some people so you can get your volume satisfaction when needed.
 lil_bit_rock_n_roll
Msg: 41 (view)

Is 30's the dead zone in dating?
Posted: 3/5/2008 10:36:30 AM
One factor I've noticed is that 75% of my social crowd are married, engaged or are having kids now. They tend to get drawn towards people in the same situation as them. For the few of us who are single in the group, there aren't as many social activities involving people who are available. I don't have a huge desire to go meet whole new groups of people, but if you want to meet other single people that's what it takes sometimes.
 lil_bit_rock_n_roll
Msg: 374 (view)

Better SEX: Before or After 30?
Posted: 3/5/2008 10:31:19 AM
A little sad, but I haven't had sex since I turned 30. When I do I will let ya know lol.
 lil_bit_rock_n_roll
Msg: 26 (view)

Do you look at the shoes?
Posted: 3/5/2008 10:30:15 AM
I have been told I maybe notice them a little too much lol. I seem to have a knack for fashion even though I am personally not very fashionable. I definitely have a 'boot' thing though. I love Canadian winters lol.

I also find women in pajamas (not lengerie, 2 peice pajamas) sexy. Is there a name for that?
 lil_bit_rock_n_roll
Msg: 45 (view)

Single and getting too used to it?
Posted: 3/3/2008 2:24:27 PM
I have been single for quite awhile. I think a good part of the reason why is I learned a lot from my last relationships. I don't want to get in situations like that again. I don't think there is anything wrong with being single. It has it's down points of course, but I'd much rather be how I am now then be like some of my friends who are completely miserable married (rushed into it). I just think being single for so long has helped be gain perspective. I am not bitter about it.
 lil_bit_rock_n_roll
Msg: 7 (view)

dating a guy with health problems....turnoff?
Posted: 3/3/2008 2:20:47 PM
I suffer from migraines and have had mates chew me out for it, and even dump me before. It sucks. It makes it hard to imagine anyone staying with you through some really serious.
 lil_bit_rock_n_roll
Msg: 73 (view)

Is appropriate to sleep with your ex to get closure?
Posted: 3/3/2008 2:19:11 PM
That is definitely one of the better post titles I have seen lol.
 lil_bit_rock_n_roll
Msg: 61 (view)

Why are there so many beautiful women in British Columbia and Canada?
Posted: 3/2/2008 12:55:32 PM
The most beautiful women in Canada are in Montreal IMO. Every time I visit there I am in shock. And unlike Toronto, they will actually approach you and talk to you! I find people there in general to be very nice.
 lil_bit_rock_n_roll
Msg: 91 (view)

Why are most men afraid of the M word?
Posted: 3/2/2008 12:51:46 PM
I'm just curious how people with so much anger ever expect to find anyone? Unless they manage to hook up with someone just as angry so they can be angry together. Referring to a whole gender as 'evil' is ridiculous. Do you expect anyone to commit to you with that kind of attitude?
 lil_bit_rock_n_roll
Msg: 39 (view)

No time for a relationship -Cop Out?
Posted: 3/1/2008 9:14:07 AM
I think it's used as a cop out a lot, but I do think it's a legitimate reason too. I know there have been times in my life where I just couldn't be in a relationship. If you can't give someone what you should be giving them, you shouldn't be with them.
 lil_bit_rock_n_roll
Msg: 60 (view)

Why are most men afraid of the M word?
Posted: 3/1/2008 9:11:50 AM
I don't think not believing in it means you take commitment lightly. I am not a religious person. It's something mainly based around religion. Not being religious, I don't need the 'title' to commit to someone for life. The title wouldn't make me love them any more.

Show ALL Forums