Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: OVER 60 SCAMMER?????
 Starlitekisses
Msg: 13 (view)

OVER 60 SCAMMER?????
Posted: 2/5/2018 2:14:48 PM
I am so sick of scammers!! Its become a real problem. I only use my phone and tablet and there no options available for me to report them!
 Starlitekisses
Msg: 318 (view)

Do you hide your political affiliation on dates?
Posted: 1/25/2018 1:42:58 PM
I want to date someone who has the same interests as l do. I could never date someone who supports Trump, and l say so in my profile.
 starlitekisses
Msg: 1 (view)

See Who Is Online is gone
Posted: 4/3/2016 12:29:17 PM
Do you need to be a paying member to now access the Who's Online option?
It use to be along the top of the page, but its gone now, when I do a search.
However, when I come to the forums, its there, but I still can't access it.
 starlitekisses
Msg: 8 (view)

Weird Meet Me in my home Email
Posted: 4/3/2016 11:48:05 AM
I get those emails with the user screen name too, but I have always found the person when I do the search.
No problem for me.
 starlitekisses
Msg: 48 (view)

Do you hide your political affiliation on dates?
Posted: 4/3/2016 10:55:42 AM
I have it in my profile that I won't attend church (yet I do celebrate and decorate for the holidays, for my own reasons), and that I am a Liberal.
I want to be upfront and honest......and because I want someone who shares the same outlook on life as I do. It makes a relationship SO much easier!
 starlitekisses
Msg: 114 (view)

Do people over sixty still think they can have a new life???
Posted: 4/3/2016 10:48:42 AM
You're never too old for love!

I'm 65 and have been on and off this site for several years. Its all good and still going!
 starlitekisses
Msg: 9 (view)

60-ish men with toddlers ...
Posted: 9/11/2015 4:30:22 PM
Whenever I read a mid 50-60's man's profile, that says he has young children, I just chuckle to myself.

He most likely went for the younger woman, after divorcing his first wife, and now he's paying the price.......and I want nothing to do with him.....for both of those reasons.
 starlitekisses
Msg: 33 (view)

Flagging non-repliers
Posted: 9/11/2015 4:15:57 PM
Take a hint. No reply, is a reply.
Why do you need a rejection letter? I prefer not to get a rejection letter, so I don't send them.
Besides, some men can get nasty.
 starlitekisses
Msg: 45 (view)

Are they being snobs?
Posted: 6/18/2015 2:33:28 PM
I need to make this clear, because some of you have the impression that I contacted this man and he sent this reply. He did NOT. It was an AUTOMATIC reply, as soon as I hit send. He never saw the message. Because he was an upgraded member, he obviously, requested that he was only interested in other upgraded members. I had no way of knowing that. Not all upgraded members request that.
 starlitekisses
Msg: 32 (view)

Are they being snobs?
Posted: 6/14/2015 6:40:21 AM
@ Strikes_N_Spares.....thats the message that I received also.

Since she made you a favorite, did you do the same to her? If you do, then she will know that you are interested and she will write to you. I believe thats the only way that you will be able to connect. Good luck!
 starlitekisses
Msg: 8 (view)

Are they being snobs?
Posted: 6/12/2015 2:54:08 PM
I never send those short, one word messages. I'm more serious about making a good first impression!
 starlitekisses
Msg: 6 (view)

Are they being snobs?
Posted: 6/12/2015 2:51:46 PM
The message that is sent, to me ( once I try to send the message) is that they only accept messages from upgraded members. It has nothing to do with age, distance, etc.
 starlitekisses

Are they being snobs?
Posted: 6/12/2015 2:29:35 PM
I am not an upgraded member, so I am always surprised when an upgraded member will not accept a message from me. I realize that not all upgraded members do this, so the ones that do, make me wonder...........

Are they being snobs or do they really want to limit their options in finding someone?
 starlitekisses
Msg: 54 (view)

Update your pictures!
Posted: 4/29/2015 9:47:26 AM
I recently returned to POF after being gone for about 2 years while in a relationship. I tried to post new pictures, but have not been able to do so. Uploading pictures used to be so easy here. I can't even post them from Facebook. I did manage to post one from my tablet (its not very clear), but thats all. I can't even write dates or comments on the pictures I already have posted. I contacted POF, and they said they are working on it, but they aren't.

Just wondering if anyone else is having these issues?
 StarliteKisses
Msg: 4 (view)

No more online
Posted: 4/4/2013 3:06:25 PM
To the moderator.........We shouldn't get upset?! POF has made a habit of taking away from us, what has always been free. Yes, we think the worst, considering POF's track record!

Sending out a message to let us know what is going on would be considerate.

I can't see the online any longer day either.

Do some of you not grasp economics and a free ride? IT DOESN'T last forever. Not that I care, but it's a business. These entitlemnt gripes are just getting tedious.

the other
Any site related question not answered via the HELP link, then email CSR@POF here || Site Rules Here || Posting Clarifications Here || TOS ||
 StarliteKisses
Msg: 12 (view)

Extended Profile
Posted: 2/7/2013 5:06:41 PM
Vampire Cat.......Like you said, they assured us that info was private!! Tha pisses me off!!

My distrust for POF is growing...........
 StarliteKisses
Msg: 14 (view)

FOREIGN LANGUAGES
Posted: 11/14/2012 3:49:53 PM
Yeah, WTH????

Not only a different language, but my profile has been compressed to just one paragraph!

I have tried to correct the language, but it doesn't stay fixed. Please fix it POF asap!!
 StarliteKisses
Msg: 165 (view)

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>VIEWED ME NOT A PAY FEATURE ANYMORE- POST HERE ONLY (other threads will be deleted)
Posted: 5/30/2012 11:00:58 AM
It has been reset......it is NOT FREE!!! You need, once again, to upgrade if you want the Viewed Me section. Thats the message I get when I tried to check it out today...May 30, 2012.

You will never make people happy when you give them something free and then begin to charge for it........when its on a supposed FREE dating site!!!

Not to mention that all posts related have to be on this thread. ....with a misleading title.

Its just a matter of time.......this is going to be a PAY DATING SITE. You know we can all see it. ITS CALLED GREED!

So much for keeping the customer happy.................................
 StarliteKisses
Msg: 80 (view)

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>VIEWED ME NOT A PAY FEATURE ANYMORE- POST HERE ONLY (other threads will be deleted)
Posted: 3/20/2012 9:21:22 AM
THANK YOU!!

My frustration level has dropped dramatically!!

StarliteKisses
Msg: 221 (view)

Viewed Me gone?
Posted: 3/12/2012 1:31:19 PM
My name is Markus Frind and I created plentyoffish.com. I created this dating site because I was sick of seeing faceless corporations prey on people looking for love. In my mind finding love is not about handing over a monthly fee to some dating site that only cares about making sure you stay another month to pay them again.
We are Different
Plentyoffish.com is a 100% FREE online dating site and constantly changing based on your feedback, and you will notice everything on this online dating site is done so that you can meet people you have personally selected, and you can do it quickly. For example, we are the only major dating site that allows users to block messages from whole groups of other users they aren't interested in. No other dating site would do this as more individual contacts means more money.
Money? Who Cares
I am well aware that Plentyoffish.com could make millions of dollars per month as a subscription service. I couldn’t care less about how much money Plentyoffish.com could make; this site is different. This site wasn't created to mine user’s pocketbooks. Plentyoffish.com is here to make a difference and help people find "the one".

SO MUCH FOR TRUTH IN ADVERTISING..................

It would seem that it now against the law to make these claims.........
 StarliteKisses
Msg: 177 (view)

Viewed Me gone?
Posted: 3/12/2012 12:14:23 PM
DateHookUp and eVow

Its one thing to offer enhanced/new options and charge for them. Its quite another to take away an option that was free and now charge for it. THAT is the outrage.

We need to join other free sites and make them as big as POF, so we have a choice. We can make it happen. Let Markus slit his own throat........
 StarliteKisses
Msg: 98 (view)

Viewed Me gone?
Posted: 3/12/2012 10:29:57 AM
Ooppps.....my reference to the ok site got deleted! The Gestapo is editing!
 StarliteKisses
Msg: 97 (view)

Viewed Me gone?
Posted: 3/12/2012 10:26:39 AM
eVow is an offshoot of POF.....for people who are looking for serious/LTR/marriage. That is still all free. Wonder how long it will take before Markus changes all that? Then again, its nowhere as large as POF, so he will keep it free until the numbers rise and he can do his gouging then. and DateHookUp are all free.

If you don't want to swim with the Markus the Shark go to the aboved mentioned.
 StarliteKisses
Msg: 60 (view)

Viewed Me gone?
Posted: 3/12/2012 9:52:57 AM
Thanks for that BD! Those words have come back to bite Markus in the butt.....and to show what a greedy hypocrite he has become!
 StarliteKisses
Msg: 47 (view)

Viewed Me gone?
Posted: 3/12/2012 9:47:05 AM
Everyone go to Datehookup, its still all free.
 StarliteKisses
Msg: 37 (view)

Viewed Me gone?
Posted: 3/12/2012 9:42:50 AM
We know greed when we see it, Markus!!! I can't believe you took that feature away! Its a main feature that I use and I am so furious at you for yet stabbing us, once again, in the back!

You really piss people off when you take something away, that we once had for free and now want to charge for it!! Add new/enhanced features and charge for them instead.

GAWD I AM PISSED!!!!
 StarliteKisses
Msg: 25 (view)

Starting to tick me off...
Posted: 6/22/2011 5:59:56 PM
It would annoy me if someone was trying to take a peek at my password as I logged in. I think the bigger question is....if you are in a relationship, why are you on a dating site?
 StarliteKisses
Msg: 27 (view)

What do they see when they look in the mirror?
Posted: 6/22/2011 5:48:25 PM
I know I must be delusional because I can take a picture of myself with my digital camera and immediately look in the mirror and NOT see the same woman who is in the picture! Seriously! I look at the picture....then the mirror and stare in disbelief. I don't see my hair in the mirror looking like it does in the picture. I don't see my smile or the lighting on my face as it is in the picture. It freaks me out!

I must be faking myself out all of the time......thats my only conclusion......or I am getting a lot older a lot quicker than I realized and I am losing my mind........
 StarliteKisses
Msg: 3 (view)

OVER 50
Posted: 6/11/2011 1:58:36 PM
I guess I never thought of it in that way, but now that you mention it.....there aren't as many men over 60 online here, as the other ages.

I generally date men younger than myself.....not by my choice, they just choose me. I prefer to date men close to my age. Well, now I know what to blame it on!!
 starlitekisses
Msg: 43 (view)

NEW SITE FORMAT (keep ALL posts regarding new page formats HERE)
Posted: 4/25/2011 7:40:11 AM
Basically, I like the new format......but I think the profiles are more difficult to read. I wish the print was bolder or bigger.
 musicbox lover
Msg: 271 (view)

Gold Fish required now to see sent message status? READ THIS !!!
Posted: 12/9/2010 9:22:24 PM
Well, someone is doing something to this thread because the title is not how I originally worded it. The first sentense, in my post, is missing from the text and incorperated into the title .....and I have not deleted any posts (as some posters have claimed their posts are missing). So, who has the power to do that??
 musicbox lover
Msg: 263 (view)

Gold Fish required now to see sent message status? READ THIS !!!
Posted: 12/9/2010 7:06:17 AM
"Which is why I said posting here is a waste of your time. And the thread is worthless..

Cowboy"

You and Marcus may think this thread, that I started, is a waste of time and worthless, but the people who participate in this site don't feel that way....obviously.

At least honesty would be appreciated by no longer calling this a FREE site.

MUSICBOX LOVER

I guess that depends on what you value and think is worthless.

The thread will change nothing. 20 pages of people whining about something they can not change. Admin will not read it or respond. In my eyes it is a worthless waste of time and breath. Now why do you think it has value? The one person that could change anything does not care if a thousand people post whining here. Won't change a thing. To me it is a worthless waste of time. He does not listen to the users! This is well documented. I am not making this up. He honestly thinks his vision for what is best for this site is better than YOUR idea's.

Considering that he never responds to these and has never in the history of this site as far as I know ever ONE SINGLE TIME changed anything based on these complaint threads should be a clue here. Waste of time!

As far as claiming it is FREE. Mods have NOTHING to do with ANYTHING relating to profiles or advertising or ANYTHING outside advice in the forums.

Now I have said Markus probably never reads a single post here. Soooooooo

Maybe your time would be better spent WRITING HIM perhaps.

So he changes his advertising SLIGHTLY (It is already like this in places) to say 100 percent free to find your soul mate. Free profile and ability to send a message and receive replies for free lets me find my soul mate just fine. I don't need the extra junk. Your opinion may vary of course.

Because paying a DIME to see how you were rejected hardly effects finding your soul mate. That is all that feature did! Caused a lot of anguish over rejections. I wish it was NOT a pad option and was just removed. Would that of made you any happier? Instead he made it an option. But if he just removed it so it was still (in your eyes) 100 percent free that would all be OK then?

Cowboy
 musicbox lover
Msg: 236 (view)

Gold Fish required now to see sent message status???!!!!
Posted: 12/8/2010 8:26:25 AM
I totally agree with you, Avalon, I f eel the same way. It made it easier and clearer.....and we need as much help as we can get in this area!!
 musicbox lover
Msg: 22 (view)

Gold Fish???!!!!
Posted: 12/5/2010 5:02:55 PM
Go to DateHookUp.com its totally free.

You can bet if people don't pay up for this, Marcus will find something else to charge for...... its the just the beginning.

And you are correct earlier poster..... 8 cents times 100 = $8.00 not $9.95!!

Waiting to see how soon Marcus deletes this thread.......he doesn't like people speaking out against his authority......

Actually from my experience (and I have usually disagreed with the decisions here in the last few years generally) you are allowed to disagree and speak out..... as long as you do it in a civil manner. You start calling people names and insulting them and cursing etc... You get shown the door quickly. Really not to much to ask of you so that you can share your thoughts and opinions really.
 musicbox lover

FAQ: Pay to Read Sent Status of Emails
Posted: 12/5/2010 4:06:20 PM
This just happened as I was checking my email tonight (Sunday approx 7pm ).

So much for this being a free site. I am so disppointed in POF. We have to PAY to just be able to see if someone has read our email??!! WTF?!

I have always referred people to POF saying its a great site. My opinion has changed.

This really pisses me off!!

Anyone else??
 musicbox lover
Msg: 15 (view)

Is it possible to fix a situation w/o trying to change the person?
Posted: 3/29/2010 11:02:39 AM
You already know the answer, you just want us to verify it. Go with your gut feelings and leave. You are not happy and most likely, if you were to marry, it would only get worse. I know, I was in a marriage where everything was my fault (according to him) and I too walked on eggshells. Its no way to live. Find a man who will respect you and care how You feel. ....because he does not. You can do better! Good luck.
 musicbox lover
Msg: 2 (view)

Is it worth to continue?
Posted: 3/24/2010 6:47:45 AM
Move on! You are trying to hold on to something that isn't there. Quit contacting him.....let him contact you. If he is interested, he will. You are wasting time that could be spent on someone much more available.
 musicbox lover
Msg: 35 (view)

Phone Sex
Posted: 2/21/2010 5:56:13 PM
Sorry....but are you really that dense that you can't figure this out??? I think by posting this, its apparent as to why he chooses you to call........

musicbox lover
Msg: 73 (view)

I love large breasts, am I wrong for asking?
Posted: 2/21/2010 5:42:50 PM
We all have our preferrences, nothing wrong with that. It saves some time if you do mention, in your profile, what you are attracted to. I feel humor works best when you are trying to make clear as to what you are looking for.

In my profile I mention that I am "well rounded both top and bottom". You could say something along those lines and it wouldn't be considered offensive.

Considering that you are so particular about what you are looking for, it would be considerate if you had a main picture posted on your profile for others to judge whether you meet their preference!

I guess this is a moot point since the Op no longer has his profile posted.......
 musicbox lover
Msg: 7 (view)

First Date Test: How to tell it's thirty minutes?
Posted: 2/12/2010 9:52:10 AM
I can't believe people still do that!? Its so 1990's! Everyone knows it for what it is.....Never had it done to me.....never did it.
 musicbox lover
Msg: 19 (view)

How to establish a spark with a girl while on a date
Posted: 2/11/2010 10:43:06 AM
Being thoughtful and attentive goes a long way, but enough of the small talk.....time to impress! By that, I mean pay attention to what her interests are......then plan a date involving that. If she likes museums....go and make a day of it. If she likes antiques.....spend the day going to antique shops and having a lunch. If she likes a particular sport or team.....get tickets! It will impress her that you paid attention and are catering to her! It shows that you really care!
 musicbox lover
Msg: 19 (view)

Did I forshadow this?
Posted: 12/30/2009 4:55:42 PM
Live and learn! I am with you Op. I dated a man who was seperated also. I didn't want to get into his business, but after several dates I did ask what his plans were as far as moving ahead with a divorce.....since he had made it sound like (in a vague way) that was where it was headed. Come to find out......he had been seperated for 12 frickin years!! Then I heard the story of how he was being such a great guy by keeping her on his insurance and blah, blah ,blah.......bottom line.....he didn't want to lose his house or business.....so he was keeping things as they were. As soon as I found that out......I was outta there! I will not dated seperated men!! They want the best of both worlds.

In fact, this man is on this site now......claiming he is divorced. So always ask for details ladies!!
 musicbox lover

role playing
Posted: 12/30/2009 4:22:30 PM
I would be feeling the same way you are Op. Relationships are about compromise. Tell him that you are unsure about this, and for your first few times you would like to have just regular sex until you get used to each other. By then you will be more relaxed and will know him better. If he can't be understanding about this, then he is only thinking of himself and not truly concerned about you or having a sharing relationship

Good luck!!
 Musicbox lover
Msg: 4 (view)

How long would you just be in a committed relationship with someone
Posted: 11/30/2009 12:42:58 PM
I would only stick around for a year....even if we didn't meet 3+ times a week, along with trips. If he can't make a move by then....then he's not serious.

You know this has gone on too long......
 Musicbox lover
Msg: 9 (view)

the subtle signals that a man/woman truly wants your company. . .
Posted: 11/28/2009 8:47:49 AM
If he wants a relationship......He's consistant. He's thoughtful. He cares. He makes things happen so you can be together. He's understanding. He lets you know how much you matter to him. He includes you in his life. He bases his decisions on how it will affect the both of you. Of course, all this should also be what a woman does for her man, so he knows she wants a relationship also. If neither one does any of the above.........what relationship?

These might be considered blatant, but some people just don't have a clue and need it spelled out.....they are always willing to make excuses for someone who treats them like sh*t.

Sexy Vixen 4u
Msg: 5 (view)

Dress code?
Posted: 11/15/2009 10:07:08 AM
Do you think you look really attractive in this outfit? When I am with a man I am attracted to, I want to look my best so he will find me attractive.....so I dress accordingly.

I have been know to slip into sweats after having spent the whole day together, and we are laying around watching some tv. But to show up at his place dressed like that? No way.
 Sexy Vixen 4u

My mama (and daddy) would be so ashamed!
Posted: 11/15/2009 9:56:35 AM
Wow! I would be so pissed if I were you!! What a scum bag! You did nothing wrong......he lied! You have every right to be outraged!

I also don't think waiting till the 5th date is rushing it, if you are getting along. My god, you go on 5 dates, you are obviously attracted to each other, so why not?!

Thankfully most men are not like this. I guess, in the future, you will have to explain to your date, why you would like to have him bring his ID so you can see it!
 Sexy Vixen 4u
Msg: 57 (view)

Your two cents worth......
Posted: 11/10/2009 10:23:39 AM
This thread has really turned into something I wasn't expecting. It has become very diverse......the harshness, the insightfullness, the compassion............thanks everyone! Please continue.......its been a great read!
 Sexy Vixen 4u
Msg: 28 (view)

Posted: 11/8/2009 5:14:03 PM
The lack of compassion on these forums never ceases to appall me.......
 sexy vixen 4u
Msg: 21 (view)

Posted: 11/8/2009 5:44:33 AM
Thanks everyone for your insight!
To "The Reason": (If it's a penny for your thoughts, why do you have to put in two cents???) Consider this a "high end" question! Its worth the extra.........did you want change??

Show ALL Forums