Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Whats a shy guy to do?
 shycaringguy
Msg: 8 (view)

Whats a shy guy to do?
Posted: 7/30/2011 7:01:19 AM
Followed your suggestions and will see what happens, though me smiling might have been a bad idea.

Anyways, review again please.
 ShyCaringGuy
Msg: 7 (view)

Whats a shy guy to do?
Posted: 7/29/2011 2:06:38 AM
Ok, so after nearly 4 years and 2 dates, several profile revisions, and lots of life growth later, my profile still isn't getting the attention I would of hoped. Please help.
 ShyCaringGuy
Msg: 12 (view)

Friendship VS. real relationship?
Posted: 2/21/2008 10:46:00 AM
The relationships I've had were developed from friendships. I didn't set out to have a relationship with those women, instead the friendships developed as we spent more time sharing experienced until we decided we may as well be together.

You can't force your friends into a relationship, it has to be allowed to develope naturally and have good communication within your friendship so that even if they don't feel the same the friendship survives.

The benifit do developing relationships this way is you get to know the person in their environment and you are able to make an informed decision about the direction you want the relationship to go.
 ShyCaringGuy
Msg: 9 (view)

Offering to do profile reviews
Posted: 2/21/2008 10:10:08 AM
Please review my profile
 ShyCaringGuy
Msg: 487 (view)

I'll review your profile, tell the truth and help you out.
Posted: 1/29/2008 7:57:36 AM
Please review my profile. The old one was open and honest which people seemed to like but it didn't generate any real interests. The new one is along the same lines but in a different format.
 ShyCaringGuy
Msg: 6 (view)

Have scammers contacted you?
Posted: 12/25/2007 11:20:31 PM
two of the funniest ones I've had was they kept sending me emails as if I was replying to them, the other one was I stated that I had traced the emails to nigeria and not melbourne where they claimed to be and they still replied. There went my fun, prooved they didn't read the emails :(
 ShyCaringGuy
Msg: 1 (view)

When to ask what?
Posted: 12/15/2007 1:39:37 PM
When it comes to dating I am very inexperienced. So I never know when to ask the things I want to ask so I know if we're going to be compatable.

For example, I don't want to come off as just wanting sex, but I do want to know if we're going to be compatable in the bedroom, afterall I don't want a woman who just wants to "do it". When and how do I ask those sort of questions without putting someone off?
 ShyCaringGuy
Msg: 2 (view)

One Night Stands
Posted: 12/14/2007 11:55:29 PM
Even at 35 intimacy of any kind is very special to me and reinforces any emotional attachments. So one night stands are out of the question and I would be very hurt by anyone who tried that with me.

Some people are fine with one night stands. Its a personal choice that has to be a mutual one.
 ShyCaringGuy
Msg: 8 (view)

Why do guys ask this?
Posted: 12/14/2007 11:50:58 PM
I actually ask that of women who message me and their profile says they are in a location that has no chance of meeting me. I get several nigerian scams a day from dating sites so a little healthy suspicion helps.
 ShyCaringGuy

How do women feel about a guy with feminine views?
Posted: 12/14/2007 9:04:32 PM
I know what you mean about being mis-understood, there are some women completely uncomfortable talking to guys about some of the stuff I talk to my female friends about, because its "womens business" and I completely understand that. Its just in my yearly teens when we are learning about adult relationships and interactions I had alot of female influences in my life and no male influences so instead of cars and beer, I learnt how to be nurturing and compassionate.
 ShyCaringGuy
Msg: 21 (view)

How can I make a man feel special or intimate with him without having sex?
Posted: 12/14/2007 7:20:01 PM
Karen ignore the airheads, you can be intimate without sexual contact. If a guy is truely in love with you then intimacy could be as simple as snuggling with him or nice genlte carressing.
 ShyCaringGuy
Msg: 3 (view)

Posted: 12/14/2007 7:14:20 PM
I took peoples advice and removed them :)
 ShyCaringGuy
Msg: 202 (view)

why dont men date pregnant women?
Posted: 12/14/2007 5:58:07 PM
They do, I met my last ex when she was 6 months pregnant with my stepson. Since he was living with me since birth for so many years I got shared care of him when we split :)
 ShyCaringGuy

Posted: 12/14/2007 5:46:25 PM
lol, I don't want ya pumps, I like to fix stuff, so much that I plan to start studying engineering in 2009. Its just my thoughts and views on alot of things are more something you'd expect to hear from a woman and not a man.
 ShyCaringGuy

Posted: 12/14/2007 4:37:24 PM
I have been having so much trouble writing my profile because I'm not a guys guy, I'm more of a womans best friend. How do women feel about guys who not only think sex is the last thing that should be brought into a relationships, but feels that intimacy is about lovingly spending time together maybe with some corressing , whether it be watching TV, a walk in the park, or doing a task together. I also don't mind helping to decide what to wear/buy.

To give you an idea of how some women see me, I have been described by female friends as "One of the girls" and "A lesbian trapped in a mans body". When looking for relationships do women find feminine guys offputting?
 ShyCaringGuy

Whats a shy guy to do?
Posted: 12/14/2007 5:50:59 AM
hows the profile now
 ShyCaringGuy
Msg: 5 (view)

Whats a shy guy to do?
Posted: 12/14/2007 5:33:25 AM
hmm, so I'm being too honest. I might have to put what I put in my introduction email instead which expands on the current profile.
 ShyCaringGuy
Msg: 4 (view)

Whats a shy guy to do?
Posted: 12/14/2007 3:01:24 AM
should be set to 25, not 18, want to make friends with people out of that teenage rebelious stage, as for older than me, my mum was a young um so I don't want anyone close to her age.
 ShyCaringGuy
Msg: 37 (view)

Anyone else here scared about getting a STD? Or do you have one?
Posted: 12/13/2007 7:42:25 PM
I've only had sex with 2 partners in my life. I protect myself by not having sex with anyone until the relationship has fully developed into something serious. This also gets rid of the partners early who just want you for sex. Even then there is no guarentee I'll sleep with them, unlike most men I know I can say no to a naked women :)

In other words, I want to make sure the relationship has a strong foundation before getting into the fun stuff :)
 ShyCaringGuy
Msg: 90 (view)

Curvy Vs Slim
Posted: 12/13/2007 7:01:46 PM
I remember a study done a few years ago about this exact thing, and you will generally get a different answer depending on which gender you ask.

In the study women generally saw a healthy curvy body as cuddly, while men saw it as perfect. What women saw as perfect, men felt was too skinny.

A recent study *yay for women* has also suggested that the bigger the hips are compared to the waste the naturally smarter a woman is.

as for a curvy bust, well, in my opinion there is such a thing as too much, specially when you risk suffercating yourself or your partner.
 ShyCaringGuy

Whats a shy guy to do?
Posted: 12/13/2007 5:22:14 PM
Updated my profile guided by the suggestions I have recieved. How is it looking now.
 ShyCaringGuy

Whats a shy guy to do?
Posted: 12/13/2007 3:21:00 PM
For some reason I am not getting any interest in my profile. I am wondering if its my shyness or the shared care of 4 kids thats turning people away. I admit I am not the best writer in the world when it comes to selling myself and prefer people to get to know me as a friend so they know me as I am. As for relationship experience, pfft, only had 4 in my life so I'm practically a dating virgin.

Can women please read my profile and comment on what turns you away? And why?

I'm not asking to make me sound better, I'm wanting to know what is not appealing so that I can fix it but keeping the openess and honesty. Maybe there is stuff in there you feel could wait till a person knows me better or maybe I am missing something important that should be in there. I don't know which is why i am asking.

Please help.

Show ALL Forums