Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: What things turn people off when viewing profiles pics?
 Haulroad
Msg: 58 (view)

What things turn people off when viewing profiles pics?
Posted: 6/29/2018 2:54:14 PM

I have seen the same with men. Once, a prospective serial coffee-meeter messaged me from his profile with the main pic of him with another man in it. I asked who the handsome older gentleman was and he said his father (I thought it was his boyfriend). I asked for his father's number.

You have way more cojones than I do. I have sometimes seen a woman with her more-interesting-looking mother but never had the audacity to ask.
 Haulroad
Msg: 57 (view)

Posted: 6/29/2018 2:50:32 PM
"my profile kicks ass."

Do you find that a lot of people want their asses kicked? :o)
 Haulroad
Msg: 56 (view)

Posted: 6/29/2018 2:47:04 PM
WRITING IN ALL CAPS IS NOT A GOOD IDEA EITHER.
 Haulroad
Msg: 55 (view)

Posted: 6/29/2018 2:44:39 PM
Still, one has to wonder what someone is thinking when they post a picture of themselves scowling. Not too inviting.
 Haulroad
Msg: 54 (view)

Posted: 6/29/2018 2:38:34 PM
"Multiple women"? Like twins or triplets? Perhaps if you mean "several" you should say "several"?
 Haulroad
Msg: 53 (view)

Posted: 6/29/2018 2:36:08 PM
I always find it amusing when women pound the table demanding that men be "HONEST!!". While themselves posting 30 year old pictures of themselves. Next.
 haulroad
Msg: 90 (view)

Boob Pics
Posted: 7/21/2016 5:27:36 AM
Good news. There are those in the world who are interested in women their own age. And we want them to look their age. If you had perky twenty-something boobs that would be just bizarre-looking. Old ladies look hot with old lady boobs.
 haulroad
Msg: 31 (view)

anything to read between the line from this?
Posted: 7/21/2016 5:13:26 AM
That is why there is POF and and the like. So we don't have to go through the misery of getting shot down unnecessarily. If she had had a profile you could read, you would have known not to waste your time and emotions on a woman who was not available.

You can go online and find a woman who you know is available because she posted a profile saying she is. A decently written profile will tell you whether you are someone she might be interested in.

Online dating sites are the best thing that has ever happened to shy men.
 haulroad
Msg: 98 (view)

POFICTIONARY - Glossary of Online Dating Profile Terms
Posted: 7/20/2016 12:15:53 AM
That is just stupid. I'm fat and I include as many full body bulge shots as I can. I do NOT want to go out with you and have you turn up your nose at me because of my being fat. That is definitely not a fun date. Either way, even if you don't blow me off, it is less of a shock to meet me already having seen the rotundity.

The same goes for women. Spare me the surprise. What is the point of trying to create a false impression? The person is going to eventually see you anyway.

There are those of us who prefer round girls to square flat ones. We are encouraged by full body shots that show your stuff. Round is good. If you are round, show us you are so we can hit on you. :o)
 haulroad
Msg: 187 (view)

Shorter man Taller woman
Posted: 1/25/2016 12:07:01 AM
There is also a school of thinking (and acting) that finds amazons incredibly hot. The taller and bulkier the better. To put it in the crassest possible way, a bigger house is better than a smaller one, a bigger car is better than a smaller one, and so on. More is better. It's the American Way. A tall fleshy woman is way more womanly and sexually satisfying than a short skinny one.
 haulroad
Msg: 1516 (view)

older women younger men
Posted: 1/24/2016 11:52:58 PM
A woman your own age somewhere in her brain is hearing wedding bells or at least playing house when she dates you, no matter how much she denies it to you and to herself. If that is what is in the back of your mind too, then a woman your own age is what you want.

A woman enough older than you for marriage or living together to be impractical or inappropriate wants what you want. She wants to have sex and fun times just like you do. A relationship with an older woman is more likely to be more about sex and less likely to be about white picket fences and children. Because there is less at stake there is less to quarrel about.

The thread question asked about a sexual relationship. A woman your age may have sex to please you. An older woman has sex to please herself. I can assure you that that is a much better sexual experience.
 haulroad
Msg: 1 (view)

What does "Wants to date but nothing serious" mean?
Posted: 1/24/2016 11:26:38 PM
Does it mean she wants to have sex but not a serious committed relationship? Or does it mean she wants neither?

Similarly, what does, "Casual dating / no commitment" mean? Does "casual dating" mean sex? Or no sex?

Is there some kind of code here, some set of generally understood meanings?

Show ALL Forums