Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Broncos/Chargers AFC West title on the line
 bigjd-rockin
Msg: 14 (view)

Broncos/Chargers AFC West title on the line
Posted: 12/27/2008 5:10:16 AM
I like both teams. I will however,lean towards the Chargers. Even though it has been nearly ten years since the Broncos last won the SuperBowl,they have won it(twice for that matter). The Chargers have never won it. It is always nice to see teams that have never won a championship win their first.
Overall,I am just looking forward to what is likely to be a great game this Sunday night.
 bigjd-rockin
Msg: 24 (view)

People Who Root for non-hometown teams:
Posted: 12/27/2008 5:02:17 AM
I am a die hard Toronto Blue Jays fan in baseball.
The Miami Dolphins are my favourite football team. (And no,I didn't jump on their bandwagon. I have been a Dolphins fan my whole life.)
I am a fan of the Vancouver Canucks in hockey. The Maple Leafs are a close second.
The Pistons and the Raptors are my favourite basketball teams.
 bigjd-rockin
Msg: 12 (view)

Nfl record predictions for all teams
Posted: 12/26/2008 10:14:36 AM
[/Watch out everyone! All I can say is the Miami Dolphins are going to surprise alot of people in the upcoming season. Any bets? Remember this post. I guarantee more than 10 ten wins for the Dolphins in the upcoming season. Just wait,you'll see.]

Anybody remember this post before the season? I believe everybody thought I was high on something and was a fan of the Grateful Dead for making this prediction.
Well,well,well! How many games have the Miami Dolphins won this season? HA!!!
I know my team. That's all. It was a matter of Bill Purcells taking over the team that gave me the strong confidence that they were going to make a big turn around from 1-15 last season.
Way to go Dolphins! Great season guys!
If you don't make the playoffs,no problem. Hold your heads up high for a much improved season from last season.
 bigjd-rockin
Msg: 2 (view)

Your Picks !!
Posted: 12/26/2008 10:03:07 AM
Atlanta over St. Louis
Buffalo over New England
Kansas City over Cincinnati
Green Bay
Houston over Chicago
Tennessee over Indianapolis
Minnesota over NY Giants
New Orleans over Carolina
Pittsburgh over Cleveland
Tampa Bay over Oakland
Jacksonville over Baltimore
Miami over NY Jets
Philadelphia over Dallas
Arizona over Seattle
Washington over San Francisco
San Diego over Denver
 bigjd-rockin
Msg: 5 (view)

Washington Captials = Stanley Cup Champions a possibility?
Posted: 12/14/2008 4:29:43 AM
The Capitals are indeed a very good team this season. If they can get by the Bruins in the playoffs,they are in fact likely to make it to the Stanley Cup finals. But they are going to have their hands full,if they match up with San Jose or Detroit in the final.

Yes,they have a great chance of being in the final. But,unless the Sharks and RedWings are upset in the first three rounds of the playoffs,they haven't got a chance. They would be lucky to avoid a sweep in the final to one of those teams.

Best of luck however to Ovechkin and the Capitals. I would like to see them win a championship.
 bigjd-rockin
Msg: 910 (view)

Let the games begin 2008 - 2009 NFL Football
Posted: 12/14/2008 4:21:16 AM
Thank you

BTW,here are my picks for today:
(I picked Chicago Thursday in my pool at work,so I am up 1-0 there,along with the other co-workers that picked the Bears)
Jets over Bills-Bills have sucked lately,and Jets will be ready to play after last week's loss to the 49ers.
Rams over Seahawks-Seahawks have too many injuries,and the Rams have home advantage.
Redskins over Bengals-Will be closer game than everbody thinks.
Titans over Texans
Colts -40 points before halftime.
Jaguars over Packers-Both teams suck,but Jags have home advantage,and aren't as bad as the Packers.
Chargers over Chiefs-Another one that will be closer than everyone thinks,and could go either way.
Falcons over Buccaneers-Home field advantage.
Dolphins over 49ers-As a Dolphins fan,I am a little scared of the 49ers however,with their wins against the Bills and Jets the last two weeks. Plus Miami likes to gives me heart failure with all these close last minute wins against the low life below .500 clubs(Seattle 21-19,Oakland 15-14,St.Louis 16-12).
Cardinals over Vikings-Home field advantage.
Steelers over Ravens
Panthers over Broncos
Patriots over Raiders
Cowboys over Giants-Giants have too many distractions right now,and Cowboys need the win more for playoff birth.
Eagles over Browns-Browns are 2 and 0 on Monday nights this season. They are due to lose a Monday night game. You never know though. Can you say spoiler?

Enjoy the games folks!
 bigjd-rockin
Msg: 908 (view)

What is going on?
Posted: 12/13/2008 5:07:27 AM
Where are all of your picks for this week?
 bigjd-rockin
Msg: 11 (view)

ok so someone explain the leafs to me?
Posted: 11/30/2008 4:49:23 AM
A great big welcome to the Maple Leafs new GM Brian Burke

Look forward to your work helping to steer this team into the right direction.
 bigjd-rockin
Msg: 644 (view)

Posted: 11/16/2008 2:44:40 PM
Dolphins Win Again!
Four in a row. Now tied with last year's best team in the regular season,New England(6-4). Although this one today against Oakland, they tried to give it away. They sure like to make your heart pound against the teams worse then them. Seattle last week(21-19),Oakland today(17-15). Now just four more wins,and they will make my prediction of them winning ten at the start of the season come true.

Overall,this was a great afternoon of football. And it is still going.
Lots of close games. Lots of lead changes. The only games not close,NYG over Baltimore,and Green Bay over Chicago. Why can't every Sunday be like this.
Lions gave Carolina a good run.
Indy and Houston had another back and forth battle.
Tampa pulled one out from Minnesota.
Denver over Atlanta in probably the best game of the day so far.
And believe it or not,a TIE game. First in five or six years. Philadephia and Cincinnati tied 13-13.
 bigjd-rockin
Msg: 642 (view)

Posted: 11/15/2008 5:15:00 AM
Wow!
Can't we all just get along here?

Hey thank you,to those of you saying that the Pats will lose to the Dolphins next week. You are too kind. But,I hope you are right.

BTW,do any of you recall at the start of the season,that I said the Dolphins would win ten games this season? They are half way there,with nearly the second half of the season still to go.
Go Dolphins!

I did say they would win five in other sports websites, so I have already predicted right in those sites.

Anyhow,let's get ready to enjoy another great NFL Sunday. This week,is especially great because there are no more byes. All the teams play every week for the rest of the season. Yeah!
 bigjd-rockin
Msg: 584 (view)

Week 11
Posted: 11/13/2008 1:25:13 PM
New England over the NY Jets
Miami over Oakland Go Dolphins!
New York Giants over Baltimore
Carolina over......fill in the blank......
Philadelphia over Cincinnati
Chicago over Green Bay
New Orleans over Kansas City
Tampa Bay over Minnesota
Atlanta over Denver
Indianapolis over Houston
St. Louis over San Francisco
Seattle over Arizona
Pittsburgh over San Diego
Tennessee over Jacksonville
Dallas over Washington
Buffalo over Cleveland
 bigjd-rockin
Msg: 583 (view)

Posted: 11/13/2008 1:16:05 PM
[GIANTS 8-1 Now we went through the first set of games against the NFC east and we won all three games!

Any doubters still out there?]

Always remember, the Patriots were 16 and 0 last season and didn't win it all. Don't get too overconfident.
 bigjd-rockin
Msg: 500 (view)

Week 10 picks
Posted: 11/8/2008 7:03:37 AM
Green Bay over Minnesota
Miami over Seattle ( Go Dolphins! )
Atlanta over New Orleans
New England over Buffalo
Baltimore over Houston
Jacksonville over...Who?
(Many folks picking Detroit this week. Why? Because of somebody named Culpepper now on the team? Please! Those of you picking Detroit,I wished we lived in the same town,I would gladly bet my paycheck and yours on that one. Jacsonville will kill the Lions. Watch and see.)
New York Jets over St. Louis
Tennessee over Chicago
(This was a hard one to decide,but I do think the Titans will pull it out.)
Carolina over Oakland
San Diego over Kansas City
Pittsburgh over Indianapolis
Philadelphia over New York Giants
Arizona over San Francisco

This is my first time on here this week,but I will admit,in my pool at work I picked Cleveland on Thursday. So unfortunately,I am 0-1 to start out this week.
 bigjd-rockin
Msg: 7 (view)

What's with baseball and rain delay?
Posted: 11/1/2008 5:38:57 AM
I am sure the baseball players don't have any problems playing in the rain!
The main reason for the delays and cancellations of games from rain/snow is probably the respect towards the fans who are not going to stick around and sit in their seats and get poured on trying to watch the game. I know I wouldn't. Plus,you need to have the fans at the game filling up the ballpark to bring in the income for the players to be able to play regardless of the weather. After all,if weren't for the fans,these players wouldn't have an income.
 bigjd-rockin
Msg: 471 (view)

Picks for Week 9
Posted: 11/1/2008 4:59:06 AM
Buffalo over New York Jets (Enough Brett already)
Jacksonville over Cincinnati
Cleveland over Baltimore (Advantage:home field)
Minnesota over Houston
Chicago
Tampa Bay over Kansas City (Possible upset by the Chiefs however)
St. Louis over Arizona
Tennessee over Green Bay
Denver over Miami ( Go Dolphins! )
Dallas over New York Giants
Seattle over Philadelphia (Now this is what I would call an upset of the week)
Atlanta over Oakland
Indianapolis over New England (Home field advantage)
Washington over Pittsburgh
 bigjd-rockin
Msg: 448 (view)

Week 8 Picks
Posted: 10/26/2008 1:18:06 PM
DOLPHINS WIN!
DOLPHINS WIN!!
DOLPHINS WIN!!!

25-16 over Buffalo
 bigjd-rockin
Msg: 440 (view)

Week 8 Picks
Posted: 10/25/2008 4:38:12 AM
New York Jets over Kansas City
Baltimore over Oakland
Philadelphia over Atlanta
Carolina over Arizona
Dallas over Tampa Bay (Cowboys will not lose three in a row. Especially when their third loss in a row would be at home.)
Washington over ...who?....Detroit? (I should think so.)
Buffalo over Miami (Yes,you see right. I do pick against my own team now and again. I did in fact pick the Bills.) GO DOLPHINS!
New England over St. Louis (Look what the Patriots did Monday to Denver. Rams are getting a little over confident right about now.)
San Diego over New Orleans (No Bush,no win for the Saints.)
Cincinnati over Houston
Jacksonville over Cleveland
Pittsburgh over New York Giants (Giants can't win in Cleveland on a Monday night,how the hell will they ever win in Pittsburgh?)
Seattle over San Francisco

Tennessee over Indianapolis
 bigjd-rockin
Msg: 366 (view)

Picks for Week # 7
Posted: 10/17/2008 1:18:43 PM
Dolphins over Ravens GO DOLPHINS!
Giants over 49ers.
Cowboys over Rams
Bills over Chargers
Panthers over Saints
Bears over Vikings
Bengals over Steelers (Upset of the Week)
Titans over Chiefs
Texans over ....Who?....Lions? (I should think so)
Colts over Packers (Get your money out)
Raiders over Jets
Redskins over Browns (Easy one,Redskins will be steamed at last week's loss,Browns will be over confident with their win)
Buccaneers over Seahawks
Patriots over Broncos (However Go Broncos! )
 bigjd-rockin
Msg: 332 (view)

Picks for Week 6
Posted: 10/12/2008 6:00:29 AM
Washington over St. Louis Is there any doubt here?
Chicago over Atlanta
Miami over Houston GO DOLPHINS!
Indianapolis over Baltimore
Minnesota over .... Let me think....Detroit? I should think so.
New Orleans over Oakland Could be upset though.
Cincinnati over New York Jets Definate upset here. Get your money out.
Tampa Bay over Carolina
Denver over Jacksonville
Dallas over Arizona
Philadelphia over San Francisco
Seattle over Green Bay Seahawks dominate at home folks.
New England over San Diego Road teams usually win on Sunday nights. Go Chargers however!

Do I even have to tell you the winner Monday night?
If I say Cleveland,than I better go get my head shaved saying "Lions win Superbowl"!
Giants? I should think so. And by 30 points at least. Who decided this as a Monday night match-up? My word.
 bigjd-rockin
Msg: 1 (view)

Evaluation-Hockey teams for upcoming 2008-09 season
Posted: 10/12/2008 5:49:30 AM
How much better or worse do think each team will be in the upcoming season?
A=Much Better,B=Better,C=Not Better or Worse,D=Worse,E=Much Worse

Here is my evaluation:
Anaheim Ducks C
Atlanta Thrashers B
Boston Bruins B
Buffalo Sabres B
Calgary Flames B
Carolina Hurricanes C
Chicago Blackhawks C
Colorado Avalanche C
Columbus Blue Jackets B
Dallas Stars B
Detroit Red Wings B
Edmonton Oilers A
Florida Panthers E
Los Angleles Kings D
Minnesota Wild B
Montreal Canadiens A
Nashville Predators D
New Jersey Devils C
New York Islanders C
New York Rangers B
Ottawa Senators C
Philadelphia Flyers B
Phoenix Coyotes B
Pittsburgh Penguins B
St. Louis Blues C
San Jose Sharks C
Tampa Bay Lightning A
Toronto Maple Leafs C
Vancouver Canucks C
Washington Capitals B
 bigjd-rockin
Msg: 296 (view)

Posted: 10/5/2008 1:54:39 PM
Yeah!
Two in a row for the Dolphins!

What an excellent game too. Great offense to start. Then great defense to hold off the Chargers. Only blunder was the one turnover in the second half,but they made up for that by stopping the Chargers on fourth down at the one yard line. Yeah!
Go Dolphins Go!
Much better team this year.
 bigjd-rockin

Why do young guys hit on older women?
Posted: 10/5/2008 5:25:20 AM
"Honestly, I think it's because younger men believe they're more likely to get laid if they hit on older women. We're really desperate, didn't you know?"

Not neccesarily,not with me anyways. Unlike most other men,I will take nice long walk holding hands,and having good conversation over sex anytime. If it happens,it happens. Recently,I developed a crush on a woman older me that used to work for a company that delivered to my workplace. She was very beautiful. She had a very lovely smile,and a very heart warming voice. I let her know that,and received a nice arm hug. I would have given anything to have been able to get together with her for a coffee and a walk along the river so badly. Unfortunately,she just became unemployed I heard. She has my number,but I don't have hers. I will continue to pray to the lord that someday will call me.

Hey FriendlyFreeSpirit,come to my hometown and I will show that Ilike romantic get togethers and hanging out all the more. I would only get involved sexually if you initiated. Like with most other women.
 bigjd-rockin
Msg: 6 (view)

Why do young guys hit on older women?
Posted: 10/5/2008 5:15:37 AM
Hey,right on. Good post.
As a guy myself,I don't really know what it is,but I have always had an attraction to older women.
When I was 19,I was going with a 30 year old for a few months. Alot of times,I talk to,and develop crushes on women older than me still to this very day.
My only guess is the maturity. In general,I have always actually had a comfort with being around older people overall my entire life. When I was a kid,I wanted to be around my parents friends more than other kids. It must be the maturity.
I can't stand hyperness,and other eagerness,and energetic behaviour in young women or people for that matter. I like the laid back,relaxed,easy going,MATURITY in older women. I also like voices in older women much better than young ones as well.
Maybe another thing,older women take compliments much better. Nine times out ten,I give a young lady a compliment,and I may or may not get a thank you,but I always get a "I am already taken" response,or a look the other way with something mumbled in disgust. But,nine times out of ten,a compliment to an older is always accepted well and appreciated,and also accompanied with a warm hug.
 bigjd-rockin
Msg: 42 (view)

How to treat a lady
Posted: 10/5/2008 4:19:45 AM
I agree 100 %!. I like giving out compliments myself.
But,what about those ladies,that say thank you,then turn and look away and roll their eyes and mumble "'oooh my god,what does he want?". Or what about those ladies that don't respond with a thank you or any means of appreciation and immediately come out and say "sorry I am already taken." That one I get all the time. Like I said,I like complimenting women,but the majority of the time,I get a response like they think I am trying to pick them up,when I am just giving a compliment.
 bigjd-rockin
Msg: 25 (view)

How well do ya know Sarnia Ontario
Posted: 9/28/2008 5:21:29 AM
Hello "A New Life",
How are you?
Welcome back to Sarnia. If you ever want to talk,it would be a pleasure chatting with you.
 bigjd-rockin

NFL Picks-Week # 3
Posted: 9/16/2008 1:03:15 PM
TAMPA BAY over Chicago
WASHINGTON over Arizona
MINNESOTA over Carolina
KANSAS CITY over Atlanta
BUFFALO over Oakland
NEW YORK GIANTS over Cincinnati
NEW ENGLAND over Miami
TENNESSEE over Houston
NEW ORLEANS over Denver
SAN FRANCISCO over Detroit
SEATTLE over St. Louis
JACKSONVILLE over Indianapolis
PHILADELPHIA over Pittsburgh
CLEVELAND over Baltimore
GREEN BAY over Dallas
SAN DIEGO over New York Jets
 bigjd-rockin
Msg: 63 (view)

What is friends first?
Posted: 9/13/2008 10:40:56 AM
Christi66 describes it best in her last post. It is in fact becoming a friend first and going from there and building it into something stronger. Well said.
Myself,I prefer to start out becoming friends first. By that,I don't mean after one meeting or one date,we are boyfriend/girlfriend just like that. By just being friends,you don't have any commitment like if you were both in a relationship. You have other friends to be with,including others that are the opposite sex. You have the freedom to go and do as you please. When you do get to know this person you have become "friends first" with and you feel comfortable with them,and you develop desire,affection,to be around them more frequently and feel they are the one for you,that is when it is more than just friendship. If agreed upon,that you both like each other and want to be together more often,and you begin kissing and holding hands,and calling each other while at work making plans everyday to be together,then that is a relationship.
Then comes marriage. Then comes the man of the house pushing the baby carriage. Well not neccesarily,that just entered my head, and I felt like adding it in.
 bigjd-rockin
Msg: 29 (view)

what is your favorite television show
Posted: 9/13/2008 10:02:31 AM
Catch 21
Airs on GSN weeknights at 7:30 p.m.
 bigjd-rockin
Msg: 12 (view)

One more Sarnia POF party?
Posted: 9/13/2008 9:43:02 AM
Don't appear like it is ever going to happen.
Folks in Sarnia are party poopers.
Nobody even likes to discuss any possible ideas for a POF party.
I myself will just wait until I have a particular weekend free,and full of motivation to drive to London,Guelph,or over the river in Michigan where there are plenty of interesting sounding POF get togethers frequently occuring.
 bigjd-rockin

Its Saturday night and your home alone--what do you do?
Posted: 9/13/2008 9:36:09 AM
Well this Saturday night,along with the whole weekend is a blah. With all the rain all across Ontario from Hurricane Ike,there isn't much too do.
This is actually a perfect weekend to just relax,and relax. For a couple of hours ,watch a good movie,and for another couple of hours listen to some tunes.
Of course,Sunday is football. Yeah!
 bigjd-rockin

NFL Picks-Week # 2
Posted: 9/9/2008 1:10:04 PM
Here are my picks for the second week of the NFL season.
CINCINNATI over Tennessee
GREEN BAY over Detroit
JACKSONVILLE over Buffalo
CAROLINA over Chicago
INDIANAPOLIS over Minnesota
KANSAS CITY over Oakland
NEW YORK GIANTS over St. Louis
NEW ENGLAND over New York Jets
SEATTLE over San Francisco
MIAMI over Arizona
SAN DIEGO over Denver
TAMPA BAY over Atlanta
WASHINGTON over New Orleans
HOUSTON over Baltimore
PITTSBURGH over Cleveland
DALLAS over Philadelphia

Look forward to seeing everyone else's picks. Enjoy the Games!
 bigjd-rockin
Msg: 28 (view)

Best Movie Soundtracks
Posted: 9/1/2008 6:40:21 AM
Flashdance
Footloose
Dirty Dancing
Honeymoon In Vegas
Cocktail
Forrest Gump
Wayne's World
 bigjd-rockin

NFL picks-Week #1
Posted: 9/1/2008 6:04:13 AM
Alright folks,
The NFL regular season begins this week,with the first game on Thursday night.
What are your picks for the first week?
Here are my picks for week one:
NY GIANTS over Washington
PHILADELPHIA over St. Louis
BALTIMORE over Cincinnati
MIAMI over NY Jets
NEW ENGLAND over Kansas City
PITTSBURGH over Houston
JACKSONVILLE over Tennessee
DETROIT over Atlanta
BUFFALO over Seattle
TAMPA BAY over New Orleans
CLEVELAND over Dallas
SAN DIEGO over Carolina
ARIZONA over San Francisco
INDIANAPOLIS over Chicago
MINNESOTA over Green Bay
OAKLAND over Denver

Go Dolphins!
Go Lions!
 bigjd-rockin

Are greeting cards acceptable for first message?
Posted: 8/31/2008 10:39:09 AM
Hey ladies,
How are you? Could I have your opinion on something to help me with breaking the ice and sending a message to a woman I am interested in getting to know?
Would you find it acceptable to receive a greeting card as your first message from a man? Or would you just prefer a message only?
I am a little shy at first with sending messages to people that I don't know,and also at a loss for words. However,I do have a history of comfort with sending cards to people online or in person expressing my feelings or giving ideas about myself. But,I have read on some profiles that greeting cards will not be accepted by that person(s). Thanks for your input and any help you are able to provide.
 bigjd-rockin
Msg: 5 (view)

Any More Get Togethers In Sarnia Soon
Posted: 8/30/2008 7:31:19 AM
Hey folks from Sarnia,
Let's come up with some ideas like all these other places around Ontario and set up some get together or event for POF members to meet,socialize,and get to know one another. For the most part let's also have some fun!
 bigjd-rockin
Msg: 133 (view)

Would You Respond to a Profile That is Pictureless?
Posted: 8/30/2008 7:27:23 AM
I am not hiding anything. I currently don't own a scanner. And I need to find someone to take a photo of me,and then find a place to have the photo downloaded on here and other sites.
 bigjd-rockin
Msg: 3 (view)

Why are you here?
Posted: 8/21/2008 2:23:07 PM
(We all have our own reasons why we are here. Some want to date, some want to make friends, some want a relationship, some want to attend the many awesome parties, and some just want to be on the forums and interact with the good peeps here.)

All of the above. I am here to make friends online. I would also like to find that special someone eventually to spend spare time with. I also have a history of interacting in forums on other websites about various topics.
 bigjd-rockin
Msg: 180 (view)

Red heads...
Posted: 8/21/2008 2:17:29 PM
Can't be too big of a deal being a redhead. I myself am a natural born redhead,and am still single. But the real truth is just my shyness getting in the way. I have throughout the years heard some good compliments about my hair as well. Just need to break out and talk.
I find many redheaded women attractive,but most other guys I know over the years seem to have an attraction to blondes and brunettes themselves. I don't ever hear much talk or interest expressed in redheads all too much.
 bigjd-rockin
Msg: 42 (view)

Which character from a movie, book, play or TV IS you?
Posted: 8/20/2008 7:46:49 AM
As far as looks,I am almost a resemblance of actor David Caruso(CSI:Miami). I am a few pounds heavier though.
My attitude and personality is that of a couple of Warner Bros cartoon characters. Porky Pig and Yosemite Sam.
 bigjd-rockin
Msg: 91 (view)

At what age are women at their most beautiful?
Posted: 8/20/2008 7:30:50 AM
I guess it just depends on your own age. As you age,you are always going to have a different opinion on the right age that a woman is most beautiful. It also depends on what you consider attractive/beautiful. Hair length,colour,height,weight,eyes,skin colour(natural or tanned),race,breast size,make-up etc.
Myself,I have always had an attraction to older women. When I was a teen,I felt the most beautiful women were in their mid to late 20's. When I was in my 20's,I felt that women in their 30's were most beautiful. Now at age 37,I continue to find that every woman that catches my eye and that I consider beautiful always ends up being 40 and above.
 bigjd-rockin
Msg: 265 (view)

WHY DON'T MEN TAKE THE FIRST STEP ANYMORE???
Posted: 8/19/2008 6:51:28 AM
There is alot more confidence in women these days,and most women have successful careers. This has created more fear of rejection for men. For me anyways. Actually,I have a little problem with shyness that gets me everytime as well. Because alot of men are after sex and one night stands,it makes it difficult for a guy like me to even approach a woman I like and ask her out,because I believe she will be thinking "Uh-oh,what does this guy want from me?". This day and age,with women making first moves more frequently,I just sit back and wait for the right woman to come along and flirt with me. Then when it feels comfortable,I ask her if she would like to go for a coffee,and then take a walk. Being an animal lover,I also ask her if she has a dog that she would like to bring along for the walk. It all works for me.
Some refuse to post pics on their profile

I myself am not refusing to post a pic. I just don't own a scanner. I need to buy one,or borrow someone else's and then take a decent photo of myself,and then figure out how I go about getting it downloaded on this and other dating sites.
 bigjd-rockin

Mats Sundin
Posted: 8/19/2008 6:33:28 AM
Okay folks,what is your prediction with Sundin? Recently,there was a report that he has an interest in playing for the NY Rangers. Where do you think he will be playing in the upcoming season? Will he play at all or will he decide to retire?
My gut feeling is he will remain a Maple Leaf for at least one more season. Not that it will help the Leafs any. He probably thinks it will. I still can't believe he turned down that incredible offer a few months ago from the Canucks. I guess that is proof that not all athletes are playing for money.
 bigjd-rockin
Msg: 31 (view)

2008 Chicago Cubs
Posted: 8/19/2008 5:57:55 AM
I believe this indeed will be their year. I predicted at the beginning of the season a Chicago Cubs/Cleveland Indians World Series. The Cubs have not disappointed. They are having a great season. What happened to the Indians? They looked like they had great potential after last season. Right now,I would have to say that the LA Angels have the best shot at being the Cubs opponent in the World Series.
Those of you that think your Tigers and Yankees still have a chance,I guess that means for me not to count out my Blue Jays either right?
Blue Jays/Cubs! Now that would be an awesome World Series!
 bigjd-rockin
Msg: 9 (view)

Posted: 8/19/2008 5:51:34 AM
Watch and see. Save this thread and remember. Hey,what is wrong with the Grateful Dead. They are awesome. Too bad that I never was at one of their concerts. I am sure it was damn awesome.
Anything can happen in sports. Nobody is an expert at predicting outcomes in a season. Heck! How many of you predicted at the start of this baseball season,that the Tampa Bay Rays would be first this late in the season. You just never know.
 bigjd-rockin
Msg: 6 (view)

Posted: 8/18/2008 9:29:29 AM
Watch out everyone! All I can say is the Miami Dolphins are going to surprise alot of people in the upcoming season. Any bets? Remember this post. I guarantee more than 10 ten wins for the Dolphins in the upcoming season. Just wait,you'll see.
However,I do feel that the Indianapolis Colts will be the best in the NFL and bounce back to the Super Bowl against either the New Orleans Saints or the Seattle Seahawks. New England(unfortunately),Cleveland,San Diego,and Denver will be the other top teams in the AFC. While in the NFC,Dallas and Minnesota will be the other teams to beat. Surprises,besides the Dolphins, will also be the Houston Texans and the Detroit Lions. Yes! I said the Detroit Lions. Disappointments will be Brett Favre and the New York Jets,and the defending Super Bowl Champion New York Giants.
 bigjd-rockin
Msg: 72 (view)

Slim men, heavy women
Posted: 8/17/2008 9:39:41 AM
Right now,I am not quite as slim as I once used to be. But even when I was,I always had a big admiration for bigger,heavier women(BBW). Still do to this day. Overall,looks aren't that important to me. Sometimes they can just be a bonus. After all,it is what is on the inside that counts most to me.
 bigjd-rockin
Msg: 21 (view)

Read, but not deleted... Interested?
Posted: 8/17/2008 9:32:35 AM
I would say to give it at least a week or two. At least seven days. Like what happens to me,I receive messages when I am not on the computer for a few days,or I receive a message when I am least expecting it. I do have a problem with shyness now and again,and maybe need another day or two to prepare what I am going to say back in my reply. Myself,I haven't returned messages to a few because Iwasn't online for a week,or I needed time to prepare,and then I felt it might be too late,so I didn't bother. So I urge you to give it at least a week.
 bigjd-rockin

why do men always want sex so early in a relationship?
Posted: 8/17/2008 9:15:17 AM
Ha! On the other side of the fence,I have the exact same problem. When I first talk to and then meet a woman,they notify me right off the bat,that they have problems with guys only wanting to go to bed with them. I then let them know that they don't have to worry about having that problem with me. After all,I firmly believe in getting to know someone real well before getting involved in that stuff. Heck! I am more of a fan of cuddling and holding hands anyway. However these same women are trying to lure me into going to bed with them after just one or two dates. Whoa! Too soon for me. Sex can wait until marriage as far as I am concerned.
So you see,it actually goes both ways believe it or not.
Hang in there though,there are some decent men out there. I have already proven that.
 bigjd-rockin
Msg: 15 (view)

Are you a 'Giver' or a 'Taker'?
Posted: 8/17/2008 8:47:58 AM
I have always been a firm believer of the saying "It Is Better To Give Than To Receive".
 bigjd-rockin
Msg: 18 (view)

Are complements a bad thing?
Posted: 8/16/2008 8:04:04 AM
I sure hope not. I for one like handing them out as often as possible.

Show ALL Forums