Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Gus G. replacing Zakk Wylde
 magica1965
Msg: 3 (view)

Gus G. replacing Zakk Wylde
Posted: 12/20/2009 4:01:12 AM
seems like a great guitar player for sure..ozzy is the one who is washed up..and i saw his new cd title will be soul sucka..pretty crappy title...i will take ronnie james dio and heaven and hell anyday over ozzy..as dio can still belt it out and give a great live performance..even after he beats the stomach cancer dio still will tear ozzy apart live...but i do wish ozzy and gus the best and hope the new cd kicks butt...
 magica1965
Msg: 71 (view)

VIKING METAL(WHITE PEOPLE) METAL....WHY???
Posted: 12/17/2009 1:54:20 PM
iron maiden has or ever will suck..they are the best metal band on the planet..i saw maiden 3 times on the somewhere back in time tour in 2008-09 and they were mind blowing..ac/dc singer brian johnson cant hold a note to singer bruce****nson..just like ronnie james dio ..no one can overtake this vocal master..right now theres no bands on the planet that can hold up to a maiden show ..go see the mighty maiden and you will know that eddie rules with an iron fist...up the irons...
 magica1965
Msg: 2 (view)

Ronnie James Dio - Stomach cancer
Posted: 12/3/2009 1:12:59 PM
i absolutely agree...i have been a huge dio fan for about 30 years now..saw this amazing man 7 times in concert and he always was amazing..there is no one like dio in the world ..with that killer voice and a personality to match..its so sad when things like this happen to good people like this..i hope he beats this dragon.i so hope he can get his life back and get up on that stage once again and kick butt like only dio can...we are ready to stand up and shout again dio...prayers and best wishes go out to the metal legend with the most amazing voice i ever heard.. we are all your rock n roll children....:
 magica1965
Msg: 5 (view)

Hot Concert DVD's or videos
Posted: 3/1/2009 10:38:55 AM
nothing beats iron maiden live after death..one of the most respected dvds ever..this is smokin all the way..but then again iron maiden is the best live band on the planet..period....another is heaven and hell/black sabbath live at radio city music hall...ronnie james dio will tear anyone apart in the vocal department...rock n roll....
 magica1965
Msg: 11 (view)

Lets talk about Bruce.
Posted: 3/1/2009 10:32:35 AM
bruce does have a few ok songs..but please his voice is garbage always was always will be..he sucked at the super bowl ..what an annoying voice..i give credit he is a success..why people like him beats me..cause he sucks...no way could i sit through a concert of his...now i am going to see one of the greatest sounding singers ever..april 2nd iron maiden will finish the somewhere back in time tour..now that bruce..as in bruce****nson...his voice is awesome....up the irons....
 magica1965
Msg: 25 (view)

100 Greatest Rock Singers by Rolling Stone
Posted: 11/23/2008 4:46:12 AM
ok rolling stone is a joke..some of those singers were very good thats a fact..but please ..i understand many people dont like metal..but there is no one who has the vocal range and pure power and sound of ronnie james dio...this man is a vocal wizard..and even at like 64 he can blow them all away..and what about bruce****nson he is way better than 99.9 percent of the ones on rolling stone..i saw dio and maiden on there last tours and there voices are mind boggling...that kind of crap ticks me...give credit where credit is due....dio,dickinson are metal gods..
 magica1965
Msg: 13 (view)

who trains martial arts in here-what did u/do u train in
Posted: 8/12/2008 1:49:58 PM
hello all..well i been into martial arts on and off for about 20 years..studied tae-kwon-do.kickboxing....did hapkido.....now i train in escrima fighting sticks awesome stuff.i also teach self defence mostly pressure point techniqes to women....do mostly heavy bag training lots of stretching and just practice to stay in shape..also go to the gym and weight train 3-4 times a week..as you get older you will find this is a great way to stay flexible and limber and also keeps you feeling good about yourself...and these days its good to know how to protect yourself..good luck to all of you..and train hard and it will be worth it.....
 magica1965
Msg: 16 (view)

Ozzy Osbourne
Posted: 2/3/2008 5:33:28 AM
i am a huge ozzy fan for a long time now..i have all his sabbath stuff as well as his solo stuff..he is a true genius in metal history..but in all honesty his voice is not at all where it used to be..as far as doing a sabbath album..well sorry but it will not happen..and to be honest i saw the heaven and hell tour with ronnie james dio..what an absolutely awesome show..i love dios voice better than ozzy..always did..the man is still breathtaking on stage and delivers powerful vocals flawlessly..i am looking so forward to the new heaven and hell album and tour..anyone who saw dio on this tour knows he is the true voice of metal..i am glad dio is staying with sabbath/heaven and hell...its an awsome band with incredible people...but dio can outsing and outshine ozzy onstage easily..and at todays ticket prices i dont want to go to a show where the singer forgets the songs..that will not happen with dio..go see heaven and hell next time out...you wont be dissapointed...ozzy and dio are bothe true legends..and i would not change that for anything.....you cant kill rock n roll.... we are all rock and roll children...
 magica1965
Msg: 24 (view)

The new Iron Maiden
Posted: 10/30/2007 10:35:19 AM
you have got to be kidding..iron maiden is one of the best bands in the world..i am 42 now and love them as much now as i did in 82..i saw them on the seventh son tour and a matter of life and death tour..let me tell you they totally friggin rule..they can put all other bands to shame easily..except for dio....bruce still has amazing vocal range..they are touring in 08 and if they come my way you can bet i will be there..i have so much iron maiden memoribilia its awesome..see them live and you will have a whole new perspective on them...they deserve the respect at this point in their career....up the irons.....
 magica1965
Msg: 10 (view)

Ritchie Blackmore
Posted: 10/19/2007 1:16:54 PM
who is kidding who here..bonnet ,turner they are not even in ronnie james dios league..dio has the best voice i ever heard ..i just saw dio on the heaven and hell tour in tampa on sep.14 2007..and his voice was incredible..as far as rainbow goes i have all the dio stuff..and if its not with dio then its crap..these other guys cant hold a note against dio..thats why he is still ranked as one if not the best vocalist in hard-heavy rock..after seeing dio 7 times i know what that awesome singer sounds like live..and he is the best iv ever seen..his stage presence is something to behold..rock on dio...
 magica1965
Msg: 8 (view)

The Danger of Kicking Air in Martial Arts. Joint pain.
Posted: 2/12/2007 11:42:16 AM
well i have been into martial arts a long time..i do alot of air kicking for speed..and i never have had any problems with my knees..i think they are stronger for that reason..i do lots of air kicking and heavy bag training to..if you warm up very well and focus on what you are doing you should be fine..but with any sport it affects different people in different ways..after 20 years in tkd and kickboxing i feel as powerful and strong as ever..its been good to me the air kicking and iv been told i am lighting fast and powerful..so i will keep practicing that way ..mix it up as well..i practice hard then i will lay off for awhile..this gives my body time to repair itself..its worked for me and i hope it works for you..best of luck to you all....
 magica1965
Msg: 10 (view)

The new Iron Maiden
Posted: 2/11/2007 1:25:54 PM
a matter of life and death is awesome..bruce is incredible..i saw the tour in new jersey..what a killer show..i live in florida and went up to see them...get a matter of life and death..its awesome..the tour was awesome to...maiden is the king of metal..but dio still has the best voice....
 magica1965
Msg: 17 (view)

Judas Priest(rock star term limits)
Posted: 2/11/2007 1:16:23 PM
well im glad to say ronnie james dio will be 57 in july...he can still whoop ass on any given night...i saw dio on the master of the moon tour in 2004 and his voice is incredible..hes the best singer out there in metal...priest is awesome to..along with iron maiden..they dont make bands like these anymore..keep rocking guys....
 magica1965
Msg: 12 (view)

How Many Years Does Iron Maiden Have In Them?
Posted: 2/11/2007 11:24:16 AM
well let me say this i am a huge,huge maiden fan from the beggining..and as far as bruce ..i can tell you ..because i saw them live on the matter of life and death tour in new jersey..that tour f--king kicked ass..and bruce was amazing..his voice was as powerful as when i saw them on the 7th son tour...maiden is a band that deserves respect...i would see them again in a heartbeat...a matter of life and death proves maiden is still one if not the best metal act out today..in concert they are awesome...up the irons....
 magica1965
Msg: 16 (view)

Heaven And Hell tour
Posted: 2/10/2007 12:38:20 PM
hello all..let me say i am a huge dio fan..i saw dio 6 times ..once with black sabbath on the dehumanizer tour in 1992..my most recent tour with dio was on the master of the moon tour in 2004..let me tell you all ..dio rocked...his voice is as powerful as ever..i hope heaven and hell comes here to florida ..you can bet i will be there..ozzy is good..and i am a big ozzy fan..but realistically dio can blow ozzy off the stage..he can do things with his voice many can only dream about...after heaven and hell from what i hear dio will be doing magica 2 and 3 and touring..really excited about that..rock on dio with heaven and hell....
 magica1965
Msg: 26 (view)

What exercise is best for you!
Posted: 2/9/2007 1:44:24 PM
start off with light stretching..thats always a great way to warm up the muscles..i do weight training with a moderate weight to get warmed up..then get going on the heavy bag..kickboxing is awesome for all muscle groups..its a full body workout and great cardio to..mix up your routine as well ..try not to do the same thing all the time..always stretch before and after a workout..helps keeps from getting sore and that knotted feeling...good luck...
 magica1965
Msg: 3 (view)

Plentyoffish in the News!!!
Posted: 2/9/2007 1:33:30 PM
i wanted to see the story..missed it cause i fell asleep..getting up at 2am will do that..glad pof got some good exposure...

Show ALL Forums