Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: How do I convert Meet-Me's to actual sincere responses?
 Mber
Msg: 1 (view)

How do I convert Meet-Me's to actual sincere responses?
Posted: 12/26/2017 7:21:26 AM
I joined POF in December 2007, met 1 man in the Spring of 2008 (who snuck out of the coffee shop a mere 15 minutes after meeting me), and ... nothing since then!

Even though more than 350 men allege wanting to meet me, they (a) are 20+ years younger than me and are looking for a sugar mama (MAJOR shudder on my part!), (b) live too far away from me, (c) can't speak English or compose a proper sentence to save their lives, or (d) set off major warning bells; e.g., the individual who stated that he loves me in his first email to me. That is why I outline clear specifications on my profile regarding the individual I would like to meet.

Grateful for your responses.
 Mber
Msg: 21 (view)

Why don't girls like me?
Posted: 12/25/2016 6:52:17 AM
You "deserve" a girlfriend? How typical of the entitled Millennial generation!

Grow up and focus your efforts instead on how you can better serve your local community.

My two cents.
 Mber
Msg: 2 (view)

Profile Scams?
Posted: 10/1/2016 1:17:20 PM
Great advice, FredAstaire24!

I subscribe to www.mail-scammers.com - a fabulous resource that regularly forwards info on dozens of male perpetrators.

Thank you for posting!
 Mber
Msg: 143 (view)

If you have a totally honest profile, genuine pics, etc. do you actually get genuine results?
Posted: 4/22/2016 6:45:57 AM
My profile is 100% honest and my pics are bona fide; however, my 8+ year history on POF has been practically non-existent.

The one and only man I met on POF (just 4 months after activating my POF account) had the unrelenting gall to sneak out of the coffee shop just 15 minutes into our date. His initial pretense: "I have to use the men's room." Not surfacing after several minutes, I called him on his cellphone, only to find out that he snuck out the back door and was on his way home. His answer to me: "You are not good looking enough to be seen in public with me." I thanked this boor for showing me his true colours from the outset and was eventually able to shake this off; however, that "date" took place in May 2008 ... and not Prospect 1 since then.

Since then, 200+ men on POF have indicated they want to meet me; however, they are at least 20 years younger than me, they live super-far from me, and/or their English is practically non-existent. That is why I clearly spell out the kind of individual I would like to meet.

I used to dwell on the fact that everyone I know (and I mean EVERYONE) is either married or in an exclusive relationship. However, I have transformed my attitude from one of cynicism to that of gratitude and positive thinking. I would rather be by myself than in an unhealthy relationship with a man. Desperation and "settling" amount to a HUGE waste of life!
 Mber
Msg: 16 (view)

Does anyone take this seriously?
Posted: 4/15/2016 5:10:06 PM
Looks like your track record mirrors mine.

I joined POF in December 2007, met 1 man in the Spring of 2008 (who snuck out of the coffee shop a mere 15 minutes after meeting me), and ... nothing since then! Even though over 200 men allege that they have wanted to meet me, they (a) are 20+ years younger than me, (b) live too far away from me, (c) can't speak English to save their lives, or (d) set off major warning bells; e.g., the individual who told me that he loves me in his first email to me. That is why I outline clear specifications on my profile regarding the individual I would like to meet.

It's news to me that the majority of those on POF are men. Living in an area where the women out-number the men 13%, I choose to focus on the good things in my life instead of the bad; e.g., my health is exceptional, I have a job I love, and I live a peaceful life.

Wishing you a great weekend!

... Mber
 Mber

Singles Professional Network Dinner/Dance in Woodbridge!
Posted: 4/15/2016 7:32:44 AM
... Preface: Men, if you are a professional and wish to meet a quality woman, check out this venue! At past dances, single women attendees have out-numbered single men.

... Date: Sat., Apr. 16, 2016

... Time: From 8:00 pm to 1:00 pm

... Place: Famee Furlane / 7065 Islington Avenue (just north of Steeles) / Woodbridge

... Cost: $15.00 (includes pasta dinner with salad from 8:00 pm to 9:00 pm)

... Additional: This venue typically attracts 300 singles who love to dance to music from the 1960's to the present.

Hope to see you there!
 Mber
Msg: 26 (view)

Weirest/Lamest or Craziest Excuse
Posted: 12/13/2015 8:13:01 AM
NOTE: This took place in the pre-Internet days of 1993.

An ex-friend of mine (not an ex-friend at the time) wanted to introduce me to a guy, and - unfortunately - said ex-friend blabbed out my address to this guy.

Turns out the guy wanted to see where I live and drove by my place earlier in the day - right around the time I was cutting the grass. Typically, when I'm doing housework or yardwork, I will wear a T-shirt and a pair of track pants that have seen better days ... and he happened to see me - in this very type of ensemble - while cutting the grass.

As I was getting ready to dress up for this date (and meet him in a public place, BTW), he called me to cancel. The reason? He admitted that he drove by, saw what I looked like, and said that I wasn't good-looking enough to be seen with him in public ... based on what I was wearing at the time. What nerve!

Looking back on this, I'd now like to think that I dodged a MAJOR bullet and am very glad that I never met that idiot!

... Mber
 Mber

Looking for Additional Hobbies to Enjoy
Posted: 11/26/2015 6:07:59 AM
Although I enjoy the hobbies I already participate in, I'm looking for new activities to embrace - a particularly good idea when the sting of singlehood hits and everyone I know (and I mean EVERYONE) is paired up.

What hobbies have you discovered to restore your peace of mind?

... Mber
 Mber

Check Out the Next Singles Professional Network Dance ...
Posted: 11/12/2015 6:02:16 AM
... this coming Saturday, November 14, 2015 at the Toronto Don Valley Hotel (175 Wynford Drive)
... start/finish time: 8:00 am to 1:00 am
... admission: $15.00 per person

I've been attending SPN dances since March 2012 and have so much fun there! The people are friendly, the DJ plays the right combination of music to crowd the dance floor, and the venues are top-quality. Although these events are geared towards the 35+ crowd, I have regularly seen people younger than that "tripping the light fantastic."

For more info, check out http://www.singlesparties.com/singles-dances/.

Hope to see you there!

... Mber
 Mber
Msg: 44 (view)

Ontario Men
Posted: 11/8/2015 8:33:48 AM
I can't speak for all of Ontario, but in my neck of the woods (i.e., York Region, just north of Toronto), women outnumber men by about 15%. Source: A newspaper article commenting about the singles scene in York Region.

Hope that helps!

... Mber
 Mber

Places north of GTA with dancing, for mature crowd
Posted: 11/8/2015 8:29:42 AM
Would you consider Greystones in Aurora? They hold a Saturday night dance for the over-30 crowd and have done so for years.

A heads-up, though: Get there early because (1) the cover charge is waived prior to 9:00 pm and (2) the place packs up - BIG TIME! - after 9:00 pm.

A bonus: They have strategically-placed fans on the dance floor so that you can boogie for hours and remain cool.

My two cents on a Sunday morning!

... Mber
 Mber

Would LOVE Some Feedback on My Profile
Posted: 9/5/2015 7:32:13 AM
Although I periodically tweak it, I have been great at attracting "window shoppers"; however, my response rate from the men is very anemic. Is there anything I can do to improve this?

Hope you're able to enjoy a fabulous Labour Day weekend in the meantime!

... Mber
 Mber

My Pet Peeve - Is It Justifiable, or Should I Relax My Standards?
Posted: 2/15/2015 10:15:01 AM
In looking at some of POF profiles for men age 55 and over, I am appalled by the fact that some men can't use correct spelling or string a proper grammatical sentence together if their lives depended on it!

One man who contacted me stated: "Thangs fr luking @ mi profl." I could understand if English is his second language, but it's not. To me, it's a HUGE turn-off if someone can't communicate properly - either in written fashion or orally.

Since the mid 2000's or so, I know that texting has prompted abbreviated written communications between the sender and the receiver ... but COME ON NOW! If I have to strain to understand the message being delivered, I can only assume that they choose not to put their best foot forward when wanting to meet someone.

Fellow POF community members: Does this strike a chord with you, or I am way off base?

I welcome your comments!

... Mber
 Mber
Msg: 58 (view)

Should I Be Suspicious?
Posted: 2/6/2013 12:35:10 PM
I am the OP, and my girlfriend confided the following about this guy:

His business is doing well and is health is top-notch, thanks to him exercising three times a week; however, he is concerned that life is passing him by. All of his friends are either married or with a significant other; he is the only one without someone of his own. I've seen pictures of him, and he is quite attractive. My girlfriend tells me that women regularly flirt with him, but he dismisses their advances because he states that he is looking for a woman with intellectual substance and integrity. He was married but is now divorced because - according to my girlfriend who has known him for 30+ years - his ex-wife was an absolute psycho.

I'm flattered that my girlfriend would think that I'd be compatible with such a man; however, I was suspicious because of his long dating hiatus.

Thanks for your feedback, guys!

Mber
 Mber

Should I Be Suspicious?
Posted: 1/17/2013 6:29:11 PM
A friend of mine wants to introduce me to a man around my age, and "on paper", he sounds nice: Hard worker, owns his own business, works out regularly, loves pets, likes to dance, volunteers in the community, has a home of his own, and has no dependents. The problem? He hasn't been out with a woman in almost 5 years.

When I asked my friend why, she chalked it up to a combination of his very hectic work schedule and his passion for exercise (he works out 3 days a week minimum). According to my girlfriend, this man wants to expand his social life and meet a woman.

Is my radar on way too high? Should I be worried about his 5-year dating hiatus?

Comments welcome!
 Mber

Changing My Member Status from Active to Inactive
Posted: 4/1/2012 10:46:50 AM
Thank you for your super-speedy response - especially on a Sunday morning!

Mber
 Mber

Changing My Member Status from "Active" to "Inactive"
Posted: 4/1/2012 8:56:47 AM
Although I would still like to be a POF member, I won't be able to surf the site as frequently due to some work and personal obligations. Is there a way that I can inform potential contacts of my soon-to-be inactivity?

Grateful for your response(s).

Mber
 Mber
Msg: 4 (view)

Guy Input Wanted
Posted: 3/13/2012 11:01:50 AM
Based on your feedback, I've edited my profile and wonder how it rates now.
 Mber

Guy Input Wanted
Posted: 3/12/2012 4:00:08 PM
I would be most grateful if you could evaluate my profile. Any and all reasonable comments welcome.

Mber
 Mber
Msg: 3 (view)

Possible Phishing Emails?
Posted: 12/13/2011 6:25:37 AM
Airhead question on my part: Why would someone want to have their profile hidden?

... Mber
 Mber

Possible Phishing Emails?
Posted: 12/13/2011 5:28:32 AM
Since last week, I have received a handful of messages - supposedly from POF - where the subject line states " Wants to meet you!" When I click on the link to view the person's profile, I don't see the person's profile; rather, I'm returned to my "View Me" page.

Pasted in below is the most recent message I've received from customercare@plentyoffish.com:

============= MESSAGE START

Dear Mber,

Onespecialone wants to meet you! Click below to view Onespecialone's profile:

http://www.pof.com/viewprofile.aspx?profile_id=33518693.htm

To check your messages click on this link:
http://www.pof.com/inbox.aspx

Replies to this email will be automatically deleted. You will not receive more than 8 meet me notifications in a 24 hour period. If you do not wish to be notified by email, you can unsubscribe here: http://www.pof.com/deleteaccount.aspx

============= MESSAGE END

I'd be VERY grateful if you could look into this.

... Mber
 Mber
Msg: 20 (view)

need motivation...
Posted: 11/14/2011 7:25:22 PM
On June 25, 2011, I began my weight loss campaign and have since lost more than 30 pounds. How did I do it? One of my friends also wanted to shed some unwanted poundage, so we have become one another's accountability buddies. I don't want to disappoint her, and vice versa. We get together - like clockwork! - three times a week to exercise, and I have discovered that I love to run and jog. Three added bonuses: (1) I have LOADS more energy, (2) I have extended my life span, and (3) I have raised my quality of life - at a time when the health of some of my friends is starting to spiral downward due to the weight they need to lose. Although I would still like to drop another 15 pounds or so, I am extremely confident that I will reach my goal before long.

I wish you success in your weight loss campaign.
 Mber
Msg: 14 (view)

Please Post Tips On Making Housekeeping Easy
Posted: 1/8/2011 6:48:43 PM
I find that half the battle in cleaning and staying organized is getting - and staying - motivated.

Two sites that you might want to check out:

http://www.channel4.com/4homes/on-tv/how-clean-is-your-house/
http://www.neattv.com/home.html

Hope this helps!

... Mber
 Mber
Msg: 9 (view)

Would You Consider Introducing a Dating Mentor Program?
Posted: 1/7/2011 4:39:56 PM
You wrote: That makes me *sick* about the guy sneaking out the back door. No excuse for that.

My response: It could have been worse; I could have MARRIED a jerk like that. In effect, he did me a favour by showing me his true colours on the first date.

You wrote: So for you -- I'd do it for free.

My response: Thank you for such a SWEET sentiment!
 Mber
Msg: 8 (view)

Posted: 1/7/2011 4:37:24 PM
You wrote: What about meeting with an image consultant?
A dear friend of mine did that this summer and his luck here has changed considerably. his consultant has helped him choose more flattering clothes and a better haircut.

My response: This past Fall, I worked with an image consultant who chose some very stylish clothes for me; however, we reached an impasse on a proposed hairstyle for me. That's why I'm meeting with another image consultant later this month to discuss hairstyling and make-up options.
Wait and see!
 Mber
Msg: 6 (view)

Posted: 1/7/2011 12:00:16 PM
You wrote: Profile reviews would be a good place to start.

My response: I've submitted my profile for review on numerous occasions and am told that it's good.
 Mber
Msg: 5 (view)

Posted: 1/7/2011 11:59:34 AM
You wrote: if you can actually stand up and confidently make a speech in front of a crowd of 50 people, then talking to one person on a date suddenly becomes a whole lot easier.

My response: Interestingly, I can QUITE COMFORTABLY deliver speeches to large crowds, so that's not the problem.

You wrote: I'm not sure what you think you're dating issues are ...

My response: That's an EASY question to answer, namely ...
Men do not think of me as potential dating material because I've been told on numerous occasions that I'm unattractive and unfeminine-looking.
 Mber

Posted: 1/7/2011 6:05:25 AM
PREFACE: This is NOT a self-pity thread but rather the idea of an added service that POF may like to adopt.

I joined POF in December 2007 because virtually all of my friends reported FABULOUS luck in receiving a TON of responses and going out on LOTS of dates. However, that lucky streak came to a screeching halt with me. I only met one person in May of 2008, and he snuck out the back door of the coffee shop 15 minutes into our date. Since then, I have not gone out on a single date.

In the Fall of 2008, I entered into therapy to find out what I was doing wrong and simultaneously develop better coping skills if my no-date life were to stay the same. Throughout my sessions, my therapist said the one thing she couldn't do was observe me on a date and (where applicable) correct any wrong behaviours.

This is where my suggestion could be helpful.

Perhaps POF "social butterflies" could be paired up with POF "dateless geeks" like myself so that we can can morph into confident dating dynamos. Such an action is guaranteed to improve your customer satisfaction index and attract more singles. At the same time, the POF "social butterflies" would play an active role in increasing harmony and strength amongst the POF community.

I welcome your comments.

... Mber (a.k.a. "Marian")
 Mber

Suggestion re. "Chemistry" Sort Results
Posted: 12/20/2009 7:25:26 AM
When I click on the "Chemistry" tab to determine percentage compatibility between myself and a potential suitor, the results seem to come back random; i.e., Person #1 and I may be 85% compatible, Person #2 and I may be 77% compatible, Person #3 and I may be 86% compatible, Person #4 and I may be 94% compatible, ... and so on.

Is there a way to sort the "Chemistry" results so they display from highest to lowest; i.e., Person #1 and I may be 99% compatible, Person #2 and I may be 97% compatible, Person #3 and I may be 96% compatible, ... and (I'm sure you get the drift!)

I welcome your comments!

- Mber
 Mber
Msg: 38 (view)

Average Grocery Bill
Posted: 12/10/2009 5:48:49 PM
Although I allot $50.00 per week for myself and my dog, I typically spend less than that. As a matter of fact, starting in January 2010, I am going to offer workshops on this very subject where I can reveal these time-tested secrets.

If you would like to find out more, then please contact me. Shopping on a scant budget while eating healthy CAN be done!

- Mber
 Mber

Southern Ontario's Wild Weather on Thu. Aug. 20, 2009: Your Experiences?
Posted: 8/21/2009 5:59:39 AM
Although I did not directly experience tornadic weather, 2 such tornadoes appeared in my vicinity - the first 15 minutes southwest of me in Vaughan and the second 15 minutes northeast of me in Newmarket.

I don't know about you, but I will be thinking about everyone who was directly affected and will pray that their lives are promptly restored.
 Mber
Msg: 35 (view)

Would you donate an organ?
Posted: 8/21/2009 5:54:35 AM
My reply: A resounding YES! Regardless of any incentive of time off for pay.

Some background: A dear friend of mine contracted Hepatitis C after receiving a transfusion with tainted blood in 1990. Four transplant lists exist according to one's blood type. My friend - with Type O-positive blood - was placed in the list with the longest wait.

In the Summer of 2005, I underwent the tests to determine if I could donate a portion of my liver because I also have Type O-positive blood. However, I was not deemed a perfect match. Thankfully, my friend did receive a donor liver in January 2007, and he has been given a new lease on life.

If anyone has objections about organ donations because of perceived religious beliefs, I have news for you: Several prominent religions have relaxed their stance in this area, taking the point of view that life and optimum health trump outdated beliefs.

I urge you: (1) Log onto www.recycleme.org, (2) take the time to glean the valuable information there, and (3) sign your organ donor card. Ultimately, your unselfish act of donating an organ could make an immensely positive difference in the lives of sufferers, their families, and their friends.

(I'll get off my soapbox now ...)
 Mber
Msg: 4 (view)

Hey Ladies, Check out my profile please
Posted: 8/19/2009 12:23:39 PM
CONSIDERABLY better!

- Mber
 Mber

Hey Ladies, Check out my profile please
Posted: 8/16/2009 12:15:12 PM
1) In the "Interests" section, the first item you list is "women." That would be a HUGE turn-off for me because I would get the impression that you would rather spread yourself around (like a "playa") as opposed to giving the lady 100% of your attention.

2) Your marital status is listed as "Separated." As I've discovered first-hand, the majority of people on "Plenty of Fish" will shy away because they believe that you still may have some personal issues to sort out.

3) Another HUGE turn-off for me personally: Incorrect grammar, punctuation, and spelling. Unfortunately, I spotted a few such examples in your profile.

(Hope I wasn't too brutal!)

- Mber
 Mber

Profile Evaluation from the Guys, Please
Posted: 8/16/2009 7:00:25 AM
I am now using a new "Main" photo. Feedback?
 Mber

Profile Evaluation from the Guys, Please
Posted: 8/12/2009 3:31:44 PM
Is my picture appropriate? Is my profile too short? Too long? What improvements should I incorporate into my profile? What other suggestions might I consider?

I welcome your valued feedback, POF community. Thanks in advance!

Sincerely,
- Mber
 Mber
Msg: 24 (view)

Forgiveness
Posted: 8/2/2009 6:28:39 PM
My philosophies on forgiveness parallel the article in http://www.wnd.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=35069.

Just my two cents on a Sunday evening.
 mber
Msg: 226 (view)

Ever feel like your going to be alone forever?
Posted: 5/23/2009 7:00:39 PM
If you asked me that question several months ago, I would have burst into tears. Now, however, I am at peace with my future.

Like you, everyone I know - and I mean EVERYONE! - is spoken for. However, I CHOOSE to adopt a happy and content attitude because I am responsible for my own fate.

I have wasted too much time feeling sorry for myself as to why I am the only one I know who is not in a relationship. Instead, I now concentrate on living my life to the fullest. In my case, that means embracing hobbies, exercising, volunteering, getting together with friends, and learning new things - both personally and professionally.

I also practice MAJOR gratitude for what I do have ... no matter how small. For example, I'm grateful that I have the gift of movement, the gift of sight, the gift of hearing, the ability to give myself a hug, to take care of myself, to plan for my future ... and so on.

Ultimately, I can't control the future, which means I can't predict if - and/or WHEN - I may meet someone new. I am, however, obligated to make the most with what I have and to make a positive difference in each life I touch.

(P.S. - I'm also tapping out my response to you on a Saturday evening. And ... I have a smile on my face!)
 Mber
Msg: 8 (view)

hard to meet people here
Posted: 4/13/2009 10:17:57 AM
I can indeed relate! Mind you, you only joined a mere 6 days ago. And ... your profile definitely does not "suck!"

Whereas you're a relative newbie, I joined POF in December 2007 (just over 16 months ago) and also am of the opinion that it is indeed difficult to simply get a "hello." It's even tougher for me because everyone - and I mean EVERYONE - I know is either married, in a relationship, dating, or generating a TON of responses on sites like POF; as a result, I feel like an outcast.

Back in the Spring of 2008, a gentleman did strike up a conversation with me, and I was extremely careful to make sure that he was genuine and trustworthy. However, he snuck - a mere 15 minutes later - out the back door of our designated meeting spot.

My saving grace? I practice MAJOR gratitude for what I do have; e.g., food, shelter, clothing, 2 jobs that I love, volunteer activities, a dog who adores me, and the ability to live my life on MY terms.

My 2 cents on a gorgeous, sunny day!
 mber
Msg: 61 (view)

What is your favourite Beatles Album/Song???
Posted: 2/5/2009 3:37:05 PM
... Favourite Beatles Album = Abbey Road
... Favourite Beatles Songs
= Roll Over Beethoven (frankly, I like all the versions ... from Chuck Berry's original to Gerry & The Pacemaker cover to the pleasant surprise done by ELO)
= Honey Don't (originally recorded by Carl Perkins but Ringo does a FABULOUS cover!)
= Everybody's Trying to Be My Baby Now (also recorded by Carl Perkins the first time 'round and George Harrison does a most respectable cover)

(Can you tell that I'm a bit of a music geek or what!)
 Mber

What does your profile name mean?
Posted: 1/11/2009 6:33:19 PM
My profile name is Mber. "M" is the initial of my first name, and "ber" represents the first 3 letters of my last name.
It's not rocket science, but it works for me!
 Mber
Msg: 436 (view)

Where did you go to high school?
Posted: 1/7/2009 8:58:28 AM
Wm. Lyon Mackenzie C.I. in North York.
 Mber

Newmarket Plus 30's Upstairs at the Fox & Fiddle
Posted: 1/4/2009 7:06:46 AM
Tom, I think you did a FABULOUS job! I was so impressed by your calm demeanour; this was evident in the way that you seemed to have a *handle* on all of the myriad little details involved in an event such as this.

I also have to acknowledge the YUMMY appetizers that the Fox & Fiddle provided. In particular, the bruschetta with tomato, black olives, and feta cheese is to DIE FOR! (I snuck 3 servings in total!)

As I mentioned to you, this was my first-ever POF event; in fact, this was the first singles event that I attended in 15 years! Understandably, I was very nervous - especially because I attended alone; to that end, the butterflies in my stomach became so excruciating that I left the Fox & Fiddle - alone (you were not the only one!) - around 10 pm. Perhaps we can all brainstorm and come up with ideas to promote more mingling.

Tom, please count on me to provide some additional *behind-the-scenes* help for the next POF function on Saturday, February 7.

Sincerely,
- Mber
 Mber
Msg: 74 (view)

Sat Jan 3 - Newmarket - Plus 30's Singles - Upstairs at Fox & Fiddle
Posted: 1/3/2009 12:14:03 PM
Yours_Truly_1023 wrote: While I'm here, although I'm very youthful and not looking my age, I'm 53. Will I be one of the eldest there? :(

Mber responds: Hope not, YT_1023; I'm also 53 and have been told on quite a few occasions that I can still pass for late 30's.
Let's chat at the POF *do* this evening!
 Mber
Msg: 13 (view)

Lost Job Question
Posted: 1/1/2009 3:25:00 PM
The IT sector is very hot right now, and prospective bona-fide employers could very well jump at the chance of hiring you!

Check out www.resumetarget.com to have your resume and cover letter blasted to every IT recruiter around - either locally or across Canada. Several people I know have used Resume Target and report fantastic results!

Since I'm extremely familiar with the resume-writing sector, I would be happy to offer you a free 10-minute assessment and let you know if your resume will make the cut (or not.) Please write me - c/o POF - with your contact info, and let's take it from there!

Sincerely,
- MBer
 Mber

Posted: 12/30/2008 5:45:36 AM
I'd be happy to!

Would I be correct in assuming that you'd want me to arrive at the Fox & Fiddle before 7 pm? If so, what time?

Thank you for providing me with the opportunity to be of service!

Sincerely,
- Mber (a.k.a. Marian)
 Mber
Msg: 38 (view)

Posted: 12/29/2008 10:48:08 AM
I'm looking SO forward to this event!

Teepeeone, please let me know if I could help you coordinate any *behind-the-scenes* aspects of this POF meet.

- Mber
 Mber

Let's hear it.
Posted: 12/2/2008 4:17:18 PM
I thought your profile was very down-to-earth and articulate. In other words, I wouldn't change a thing!
 Mber

Guys: How Do You Define *Feminine?*
Posted: 10/6/2008 4:58:38 PM
I am posting this on behalf of a friend of mine who would be MOST grateful for your feedback.

Like me, she is divorced. Unlike me, though, she has had excruciatingly horrible luck in the dating world throughout her entire life - so much so that several men have insulted her looks. These *gentlemen* (and I use the word loosely) claim she is so ugly and so masculine-looking that she would be better off if she became a lesbian and take on the *butch* role. To say that she is crushed is the understatement of the decade.

She wants so much to adopt feminine traits but is at a loss. Should she grow her hair longer? Should she wear make-up? (She very rarely does.) Should she use perfume? (Again, rarely.) Should she wear dresses? (She almost LIVES in her blue jeans.)

What character attributes do you define as *feminine?* What it is about a feminine woman that attracts you?

I welcome your responses!

Sincerely,
- Mber
 Mber

Please Evaluate My Profile ...
Posted: 8/12/2008 10:17:49 AM
... and give me your comments. My rationale: My status recently changed from *Separated* to *Divorced*, and I would ultimately like to drive more traffic to my profile.

Grateful for your responses,
- Mber

Show ALL Forums