Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Why do Babes dig ugly guys?
 ArtzyType
Msg: 225 (view)

Why do Babes dig ugly guys?
Posted: 7/19/2008 8:51:36 PM
It's a conspiracy!

They're trying to wipe out all the ugly people through genetic manipulation!
 ArtzyType
Msg: 75 (view)

Is space exploration still necessary??
Posted: 7/1/2008 6:02:57 PM
Space exploration is important because we need to find intelligent life in the universe.
 ArtzyType
Msg: 8 (view)

FLstudio or Reason?
Posted: 6/29/2008 3:24:19 PM
I give my vote for Reason. You should consider Ableton Live too, the latest version rocks! In fact Ableton Live + Reason is a sweet match.
 ArtzyType
Msg: 32 (view)

too shy to meet the lady that you are interested in?
Posted: 6/26/2008 10:35:45 PM
Well TBB I liked your honest, no nonsense approach. Some profiles are just so vague and wishy-washy you don't know what their looking for, if they are indeed on POF for any reason other than to kill time at the office.

Face to face I'm not that shy, but neither am I what one would call an alpha male. On POF I find myself adding people to my hot list and thinking about contacting them as oppose to just outright sending a message. I think the reason why I do this is that 80% of the time I get no response to my messages and when I do get a response the correspondence doesn't last long enough to amount to anything. So I guess I take my time to decide whether it's worth messaging someone. If I feel that a women already has her hands full or is just here to idle chit chat then I'll pass. So beauty and strength are not the issue for me I just don't want to waste time and energy in futile endeavors.
 ArtzyType
Msg: 20 (view)

Cave man days, bring'em back
Posted: 6/25/2008 7:10:06 PM
Speaking of cave man days I've just started watching the mini-series Mad Men. It's scary to think men in the 60's thought and acted like that. Not to mention pregnant women smoking!
 ArtzyType
Msg: 9 (view)

2012 pole shift
Posted: 6/25/2008 7:02:15 PM
What I am more concerned with is that people with power and influence will believe in this 2012 apocalypse and essentially turn it into a self fulfilled prophecy. If you look at the world around you it's not like we're actually making future human existence on this planet more plausible.
 ArtzyType
Msg: 5 (view)

It's his birthday, but we havent been dating long...
Posted: 6/24/2008 6:56:54 PM
I don't think you need to sweat it. Cooking dinner and buy a small cake for dessert (Death By Chocolate!) and you're good. If he doesn't appreciate it, you got the wrong guy.
 ArtzyType
Msg: 7 (view)

What IS IT that MAKES you UNIQUE ??
Posted: 6/23/2008 9:37:47 PM
I know the resonant frequency of the clitoris.

No I'm not telling you cause then I wouldn't be so...unique.
 ArtzyType
Msg: 28 (view)

Where are we going?
Posted: 6/23/2008 9:35:45 PM
One thing I always appreciated about Gene Roddenberry's Star Trek is that it presents the future of humanity in a very positive light. He presents the idea that humanity has actually managed to evolve. One can only hope.

At the moment however we still get worked up over women's nipples.
 ArtzyType
Msg: 3 (view)

Digital Movie Theaters
Posted: 6/23/2008 9:27:16 PM
Well it's a film transfer to digital and so the quality of the digital picture should be exactly as the film unless for some odd reason there is compression. In one sense I appreciate the nostalgia of film presentation but after suffering one too many projector and/or projectionist errors as well as bad prints of films I've come to appreciate the digital presentation. I'd much rather see a digital presentation of Casablanca since most of the film prints of that movie haven't stood well against time.

Now if they can only find a way to silence movie goers from chatting through a movie.
 ArtzyType
Msg: 24 (view)

For Musicians - Could you date a deaf person?
Posted: 6/22/2008 3:45:30 PM
Quick answer is yes. I'm into bass frequencies anyhow and that you can feel.
 ArtzyType
Msg: 13 (view)

Classism and relationships
Posted: 6/20/2008 9:45:03 AM
It should be noted that when I mentioned dating up a class I am not speaking of something so drastic as the pauper and the princess. Too the differences in class between a couple can manifest itself in a relationship in subtle ways. Whether rational or irrational I do feel a certain pressure at my age (I'm sure I am not the only one) to have a certain degree of financial success in order to achieve a life partner. Which is understandable considering that I live in one of the most expensive cities in the world. I suppose I've been trying to look at things in the grand scheme as oppose to pie in the sky romantic notions. I figured 'knowing my place' would help me keep my expectations within a realistic parameter. Where I run into difficulty is the fact that I've often believed I could reach farther than perhaps my current situation, in reality, allows.

I am not trying to "mate up the latter", just that I've happened to be in a few relationships where the woman was more well to do than I was at the time. I agree with the post here that have pointed out that people are better able to relate to others within their own current income level or the amount of affluence one has grown up with. It seems only natural.

My original query was an effort on my part to balance the heart and the head. Being logical and practical without selling myself short. Perhaps that is a life lesson that needs continued learning and adjusting towards. At any rate thanks for the input. :)
 ArtzyType
Msg: 6 (view)

Posted: 6/19/2008 6:07:29 PM
Some interesting posts and I appreciate the feedback.

Perhaps "classism" isn't necessarily the right word. It is the closest approximation I can think of for my query. I suppose why I even question the importance of social status in relationships is because now in my 30's, though I've made great strides in life compared to where I have come from, a part of me feels that compared to my peers I still fall short. That women look for a certain degree of success in a man of my age, success that I've yet to accomplish. Which has lead me to contemplate the past and how growing up poor has interfered with the success of my previous relationships. I know that there were times I wanted to do more than I could then achieve.

It's not that I have sought out women of a "higher class". It's never been a consideration of mine. Just a matter of circumstance.
 ArtzyType
Msg: 1 (view)

Posted: 6/19/2008 1:39:40 PM
Recently when pondering why certain of my previous relationships failed and why perhaps I am still single it appeared to me that classism may have something to do with it. Many of the women I have dated have been privileged to go to top universities, travel the world, work in well paying jobs, drive cars, etc. and come from middle to upper-middle class families. Which is quite different from my life experiences. I suppose I am attracted to strength, intelligent and culture in women among other attributes and thus why I find myself often dating above my social class.

I once felt that my lack of ability to mate came down to the simple "survival of the fittest." But then I've seen homeless people in couples, hell even crazy people have managed to start families. So then I concluded that it must be a matter of mating within a certain social group or social class. God knows I would have done better in certain relationships if I had a more privileged upbringing, if I had the abilities that wealth can encourage. As it stands I'm too often left with the feeling an ex was just "slumming it" for a little while with me.

Though I've come a long way I'm still not as successful as my peers and I find that women seem less impressed with the fact you jumped a canyon to reach the mountain than if you just magically appeared on top of the mountain. I consider myself cultured and intelligent as well as motivated but there always seems to be some barrier that cannot be breached in many of my relationships. It's not like I look to date above my class it has just turned out that way.

Anyone else encounter a kind of classism in dating and relationships?
 ArtzyType
Msg: 1 (view)

Cannonball Run - Greatest ensemble cast ever?
Posted: 6/18/2008 8:26:47 PM
Whoa! Just saw this movie again on TV. I forgot just how many famous actors are in this film. Burt and DeLuise, Sammy and Dean, Roger Moore, Farrah Fawcett, Jamie Farr, Jackie Chan, and so many more.
 ArtzyType
Msg: 179 (view)

favourite paintings
Posted: 6/18/2008 8:20:24 PM
Erte.

I also like Native American Art.
 ArtzyType
Msg: 11 (view)

GRAFFITI: Art or Crime?
Posted: 6/18/2008 8:11:40 PM
Problem is someone does a beautiful mural and it could be called graffiti and someone else takes a marker and squibbles a bunch of lines on someone's window and that is also called graffiti.
 ArtzyType
Msg: 18 (view)

The So do you like sex? question
Posted: 6/17/2008 6:50:47 PM
Wow, people actually ask that?

I ask if they like the Muppet Show.
 ArtzyType
Msg: 12 (view)

Alternative lifestyles
Posted: 6/17/2008 11:10:46 AM
Didn't a lot of moms in the 70's smoke grass? As long as you're not a chronic I don't see the problem.
 ArtzyType
Msg: 2 (view)

guitar hero
Posted: 6/16/2008 7:29:40 PM
I think it's a good game. Better to be rocking out in Guitar Hero or Rock Band than shooting hookers in GTA IV. I don't play Guitar Hero and the like myself cause with the same effort I feel I could play a real instrument.
 ArtzyType

i think my profile is marvellous
Posted: 6/16/2008 7:15:41 PM
Springsteen shirt pic should be your main. Profile seems to hit a number of good points.
 ArtzyType
Msg: 18 (view)

We need to talk
Posted: 6/15/2008 7:20:48 PM
Something about this thread reminded me of this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8Kyi0WNg40&feature=related

Instead of breaking up with you things could go the complete opposite way:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NpWAlvWNZj0

Just tell him "Shut up. Just shut up. You had me at hello."
 ArtzyType

Complicated friend issues
Posted: 6/15/2008 2:42:33 PM
Well obviously she's going to have to break her "curse" at some point in her life otherwise she'll be living a sad lonely existence. If she's repeating the same mistakes relationship wise then she needs to explore why that is happening. Everyone makes mistakes and sometimes we repeat the same mistakes because we haven't learned our lessons or otherwise remain unaware as to what is the true cause of them. If she wants to explore a more serious relationship with any potential mate then she's going to have to work out why she feels she's the root cause of her break-ups.
 ArtzyType

Remember when dating was simple!
Posted: 6/15/2008 2:19:18 PM
It appears everything that is done in the modern world is through some technological "via". I think we've begun to loose some of our ability to relate person to person. Hell, just the other day I saw a young woman having an argument with her boyfriend via text messenging! Maybe we should all go back to church on Sundays

"Hey I couldn't help noticing you checking me out between psalms earlier..."
 ArtzyType
Msg: 14 (view)

Are Geeks/Nerds the Alpha males for the 21st century?
Posted: 6/15/2008 7:59:32 AM
More than any other time in our history technology is at the forefront of our lives. I don't think there is a spot on earth were technology doesn't effect someone in someway. Alpha males have changed with the times, adapted to the new source of power and domination.
 ArtzyType
Msg: 19 (view)

I'm going speed-dating tonite!!
Posted: 6/12/2008 8:58:37 PM
I would assume 8 minutes with the wrong person coudl feel like a very long time.

Wasn't there some dating night thingy once where everyone text messaged each other in a club?
 ArtzyType
Msg: 10 (view)

~Laughing At The Movies
Posted: 6/11/2008 10:44:38 AM
What I don't like is movie talkers. When I was a kid back in the 70's going to the movies was a treat, and if you talked during a movie you might find yourself lynched. These days people spend a small fortune to go to the movies and just yack, yack, yack about this that and the other thing. It's like everyone wants to be the commentator for a film in their own special DVD edition. In fact someone should invent a DVD player/Karaoke machine so people can talk over movies in the privacy of their own home.

Luckily you don't get as many talkers during foreign films because people are too busy reading subtitles.
 ArtzyType

Sensitive
Posted: 6/11/2008 10:36:39 AM
A sensitive man puts a picture of a cute kitten in his profile.
 ArtzyType
Msg: 10 (view)

Does anyone use the art of seduction or mystery method on dates?
Posted: 6/11/2008 10:08:30 AM
Call me old fashioned but I subscribe to the Count Dracula book of seduction.

"Look! Look into my eyes." You are powerless to resist me..."

Usually works except if the woman has eaten something with garlic in it earlier that night.
 ArtzyType

~Laughing At The Movies
Posted: 6/10/2008 10:35:47 PM
Bah that's nothing. I dated a woman once who, when sexually excited in bed, would start panting "oowh-oowh-oowh" really fast like a chimpanzee. Loud too, her roommate must've been laughing her ass off all night. She was a nice gal but the chimp noises in bed juuuust didn't work for me.
 ArtzyType
Msg: 45 (view)

Do you believe that Video games are programming children to be better soldiers ?
Posted: 6/10/2008 1:33:24 PM
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/issues/issue_153/4960-The-Anatomy-of-Violence
 ArtzyType
Msg: 21 (view)

When a guys says, I think we went a lil fast;maybe we could b just friends for now
Posted: 6/10/2008 1:21:33 PM
I'm with Dumpling Girl, that's it.

I mean..."friends for now" please. Never let yourself be someone's consolation prize. You are not a month's supply of Rice-O-Roni, the San Fransisco treat.
 ArtzyType

ok girl thinks we are dating
Posted: 6/10/2008 1:16:43 PM
Be honest with her and yeah it's gonna break her heart. But, at age 16 she's only just begun to understand the complexities of love. Trust me, she wont even remember your name come age 18.
 ArtzyType
Msg: 7 (view)

What are good signs following sex?
Posted: 6/10/2008 1:07:16 PM
I usually raid her fridge. Y'know...To fuel up for some more!

No but seriously ladies, stock the fridge for those all night sessions.
 ArtzyType
Msg: 42 (view)

What's with the hatred of video games?
Posted: 6/10/2008 10:32:54 AM
Whether it's video games, TV, going out and partying, sports, the internet, what have you, it all comes down to moderation. Yeah I play video games from time to time but I also read, watch independent films, go to art gallery openings, and otherwise try and culture myself. I could never see myself preferring to play a video game over spending quality time with a girlfriend or wife or kids if I had them. Unfortunately that is not the case for many gamers, especially if they play MMOs which is kinda like living a second life or having a second job.

So I definitely can see how women would have a negative view of male gamers (note that there are plenty of female gamers in the world too). Just like previous generations of women got sick of their boyfriends or husbands watching sports on TV all the time. Mind you the demographic for gamers has changed and it's quite common to find a gaming console of some type in people's homes in the more financially well to do countries of the world. So if someone admits to playing video games it doesn't necessarily means they are addicted to World of Warcraft, but it might be worth inquiring to a potential mate just how much of a gamer they are.

Now you wanna hear something really weird? In the video game The Darkness you can go over to your girlfriends place, snuggle up with her on the sofa, and spend the next two hours watching an old Frank Sinatra movie on TV.
 ArtzyType
Msg: 26 (view)

Funk music.... love it / hate it????
Posted: 6/9/2008 8:32:48 PM
How can you not love the funk?

This why I loved the 70's, even white guys could get funky. Check out:

Rare Earth - I Just Want To Celebrate

James Gang - Funk Number 49
 ArtzyType
Msg: 4 (view)

Help Guys, I need advice, please
Posted: 6/9/2008 8:26:45 PM
Yeah I think you need to find someone who is into you more than just on an occasional basis. I would hazard to guess he is "occupied" when not with you.

Geez, why do men gotta give men such a bad rep?
 ArtzyType
Msg: 28 (view)

Anyone else into hugging?
Posted: 6/9/2008 8:13:15 PM
I always envied cultures that express greetings with a hug and or a double kiss. Even the men. Seems to me they're more well adjusted and personable.

On another note here in North America I've herd of groups where people pay $45 bucks to get in on a group hug for an hour or so with a bunch of strangers. Next you know people will want $10 to shake their hand!
 ArtzyType
Msg: 16 (view)

Why does love hurt?
Posted: 6/9/2008 2:31:20 PM
Note that people's interpretation of "love" differs greatly. That's why it's always good to be in a relationship with someone who has a similar outlook on life.

In general you should be aware that love cuts both ways. It can make feel like you're on top of the world as equally well as make you wish you were six feet deep. As Huey Lewis said "That's the power of love."
 ArtzyType
Msg: 26 (view)

HAS THIS EVER HAPPEND TO YOU...
Posted: 6/8/2008 7:50:53 PM
The background of the picture usually gives it away. I once got a pic of this beautiful woman with a uniquely vintage fashion sense...Then I noticed she was leaning on a 1939 De Soto.
 ArtzyType
Msg: 24 (view)

My job invites over-familiarity.
Posted: 6/7/2008 9:42:04 PM
Tell them you like to keep your work and your personal life separate. There done. Alternatively tell them you only do women's hair or that you're a proctologist.
 ArtzyType
Msg: 4 (view)

Vivid dreams of past relationships
Posted: 6/7/2008 12:57:26 PM
It is possible, if we accept that life exists in a multitude of dimensions, many of which that run concurrently, that what we experience in dreams at times represent the real life going ons of our alternate selves in alternate dimensions. Call it the what-if scenario.

OK I gotta stop watching so much Sci-Fi channel. :p
 ArtzyType
Msg: 25 (view)

Should I have been more cautious
Posted: 6/6/2008 10:07:26 PM
Wow, the internet is amazing! In the old days we had to use a pencil to trace around our erect penises on a piece of paper and mail it. These days you can take photos of your member (err...I mean "Johnson") and email it!

Hmm...What could be next...http://www.nbc.com/Saturday_Night_Live/uncensored.shtml
 ArtzyType

My second attempt - any better?
Posted: 6/6/2008 9:56:27 PM
Looks good. Now let me look at the Taro cards...

You will meet a man who enjoys the company of a tall, attractive and smart woman with a Northern accent.

I don't think you can bracket with brackets i.e "(or little(lol))".
 ArtzyType
Msg: 3 (view)

Does bitterness mean he still cares for ex?
Posted: 6/6/2008 9:44:32 PM
Well at least he's honest so you got that going for yah. Bitterness could mean a lot of things. Hey we're all human. Just ask him if he truly feels he's able to move forward because that's the important thing.
 ArtzyType
Msg: 21 (view)

New relationship is making me ill - not his fault!
Posted: 6/6/2008 6:06:55 PM
If I may say I believe you need to do some work within yourself or else you will bring unwanted complications towards future relationships. This is not to say that you are wrong in any way or that you are in any way lacking or needing improvement. Merely that your past experiences have had a detrimental effect on you and like any normal human being you are effected by such but in all fairness to yourself shouldn't let it determine your future abilities and happiness. Life can be a dirty, messy business with much cruelty, it is up to us to rise above it best we can. That is the nature of the spirit.

I concur, speak to a therapist and when you feel the time is right communicate your feelings with your new mate. Hopefully he has the depth to understand.
 ArtzyType

How soon do you ask your date how long he/she has been single?
Posted: 6/6/2008 10:11:15 AM
Hmmm...Me thinks initial meet-ups shouldn't take the form of interrogation. I would guess she's had a run in with a guy who was not over his ex and thus is now paranoid of falling into the same situation.
 ArtzyType
Msg: 200 (view)

Men and cats?
Posted: 6/5/2008 10:50:56 PM
I'm a cat person. Not a dog person. I'm surprised at how many woman have dogs.
 ArtzyType

If you are alone then you are incomplete....according to greeting cards.
Posted: 6/5/2008 10:39:35 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NpWAlvWNZj0
 ArtzyType
Msg: 221 (view)

Mind Blowing Sex
Posted: 6/5/2008 1:20:22 PM
Usually when the mothership lands on the front lawn and the aliens come out and say "Congratulations you have been accepted for off-world colonization."

Or was that just me?

Show ALL Forums