Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Why are people complaining about fake profiles?
 dondea
Msg: 6 (view)

Why are people complaining about fake profiles?
Posted: 3/16/2019 3:11:16 PM
@JAXTC: Yeah, but when the bots attack and you get hacked, let's see how you like it.

Luckily, I know most scam profiles when I see them--especially the ones with the young lady pictures claiming to be above the age of 50 with black hair, hazel eyes, a high school degree and being a doctor, lol.

It sounds like you are one of the bot creators and are pissed that people like me report the fake accounts and have them deleted. Hmm?
 dondea
Msg: 9 (view)

Mistress Always Online For Satisfaction!
Posted: 3/16/2019 2:22:49 PM
People don't realize that POF is the best way to chat for free. KIK, not for me. Why pay when something is free + we have the forums too boot! :)
 dondea
Msg: 5 (view)

Romantics might have the wrong idea about love
Posted: 3/5/2019 7:46:32 AM
Myself, I don't believe in true love. For any of my successful relationships, it started out as friendship and an occasional lust meet. But, I find over the years, that romantic love is fleeting and intense. A general sense of being loved and giving love is how to strengthen the bonds of any new relationship. Enjoying each other's company also helps. :)

I love my wife, but yes, there are days I wish I didn't love her as much as I do. She feels pretty much the same way, but in no way would our love for each other be considered romantic. I guess we lived with each other too long, lol!
 dondea
Msg: 52 (view)

Why do men change?
Posted: 3/5/2019 7:03:11 AM

Why would he then sabotage what might have led to something very nice?

OP asks why do men change? It's not just the men. In some of my past relationships and first marriage, I was with women who sabotaged the relationship because they wanted to end it and find greener pastures.
 dondea
Msg: 70 (view)

is he gay? metrosexual..shit i am sick of these 1/2 way guys..
Posted: 3/5/2019 6:58:41 AM

What's wrong with cooking, cleaning and shopping? Guys who are single are apt to be doing one of those things at least once a week.

Hey, wait a minute! I'm married and I do all that stuff. Does this mean I'm now a Metroman? Egads! Or, maybe I'm just house trained, lol.
 dondea
Msg: 69 (view)

Female Led Relationships
Posted: 3/5/2019 6:39:17 AM
If a female wants to lead in the relationship and her man allows it, why not? To each their own.

It wouldn't work for me as I'm way too dominant and have a controlling personality. I've been working on the being in control all the time issue all my life, lol.
 dondea
Msg: 17 (view)

We want too much from relationships
Posted: 2/24/2019 9:04:37 AM

I think you’re wrong about that. I’ve been on and off this site for years, and I keep seeing the same women who are online all the time.

Kokanee_Ice: Yes, that's true. However a lot of men AND women are on POF because of the forums and it has nothing to do with relationships. Like me, they like POF. Most people delete their profiles because they are either:
- Successful in finding a partner
- Successful in finding a partner AND because POF is an online dating site, they left because their relationship became exclusive and the significant other asked them to get off dating sites.
- Unsuccessful in finding a partner and gave up
- Got tired of POF forums and online dating and moved on to IRL or other social media.
I'm sure there hundreds of other reasons as well!
 dondea
Msg: 16 (view)

We want too much from relationships
Posted: 2/24/2019 8:56:24 AM

Since I can only relate to this from my prospective-yes.

Women set up their own set of standards for who they'll date. If you don't measure up, you're cooked. I come as-is. I put up no fronts. Make no promises that I can't keep. Take me as I am, or watch me as I leave.

Saves me a lot of grief and drama.

purplerider1200, you said it best. That's how my attitude was when I dated many moons ago and like many others, I'm in the short height category of 5' 7." Yet, I had no problems getting dates because of the "accept me as I am." mantra.
 dondea
Msg: 74 (view)

Just wondering how others feel about body art
Posted: 2/24/2019 8:47:07 AM
I agree with HUMHUMA. To each their own. I'm not fond of a lot of tats or an abundance of piercings, but when I met my wife, she had no tattoos and numerous piercings in her ears. After about 5 years, she got several tats and left 2 holes in each ear. When I retired from the military in '08, I got an earring in the left ear. At 59, I'm not sure if I'll ever get a tattoo or not.
 dondea
Msg: 322 (view)

Any expectations of who would be attracted to you?
Posted: 2/19/2019 5:14:30 PM
Wow, after reading the last two pages of these`posts, now I remember what a POF cat fight looks likes after all these years. Peace everyone!
 dondea
Msg: 16 (view)

Why women chase after being rejected?
Posted: 2/12/2019 5:07:14 PM
I agree ssm508. Years ago I dated several coworkers over the years until I was put in supervisory positions. After that, it was a definite no-no. With the MeeToo# crapola, I'm glad I'm still married and don't have to worry about it.
 dondea
Msg: 33 (view)

Lactation for Recreation
Posted: 2/12/2019 4:32:40 PM
I tried it eons ago (over 35 years ago) with a woman I was dating. It was weird, but enjoyable. Never had the opportunity since. My ex from my first marriage wouldn't let me taste because she didn't want to breastfeed our first child and couldn't with our second. My wife was beyond the baby stage when we met over 26 years ago.
 dondea
Msg: 61 (view)

How long is 'intercourse'?
Posted: 2/12/2019 4:24:29 PM
Thumbs up to you Archangel 07 from 2012, even though you're gone, lol! Right answer.
 dondea
Msg: 272 (view)

Casual blowjobs
Posted: 2/12/2019 4:21:07 PM
Shirley, it's also very possible that some women actually do like giving oral as it is a turn on for them seeing their partner also enjoys it. Nothing sad about it. If ANYONE doesn't like to do a specific act to please their partner, then they shouldn't do it.

For me, I'm very vanilla and I don't do a lot of kinky things most people would find enjoyable during sex. For one, I don't like being tickled as that is a turn off to me. Toucha my feet, I'm immediately being tickled and I lose interest in the intimacy. Maybe I'm a bore, but I have done okay in my many years and both me and my partners were satisfied--at least they said so.
 dondea
Msg: 38 (view)

How to Know If Your Partner Is Financially ‘Cheating’ in Your Relationship
Posted: 1/8/2019 10:01:03 AM

I have a friend who has to ask his wife before he makes purchases. Even things like Christmas lights or beer. I could never do that.

That would never happen in my marriage whether I make more than my wife or not. My wife has her own checking account and savings account while we both have joint checking and savings. I have access to see her accounts anytime I want. As most posters have said, it's all about trust and honesty.
 dondea
Msg: 174 (view)

Ladies, would you want a stay-at-home boyfriend?
Posted: 1/8/2019 9:49:59 AM
LOL, MsMicki! A boy toy for you?
 dondea
Msg: 32 (view)

Spam and prostitution
Posted: 1/8/2019 9:48:35 AM
I wonder if POF has any anti-bot protocols when creating a profile. I also see a lot of users posting something other than a picture of their faces as the main image.
 dondea
Msg: 86 (view)

why woman like eating a pussy more than sex
Posted: 1/8/2019 9:41:51 AM
^^^^^^Exactly.
Most women I've been with, loved oral sex and foreplay as a starter. They climaxed first with the **** licks, but only sometimes, climaxed during intercourse.

Before I got married, I with some women over 40 who found it harder to orgasm even with oral. It wasn't that we were doing anything wrong, it was because of the stresses of life, being comfortable with being with another partner, fill it the reason, etc.
 dondea

When someone sticks their Tongue in your ear
Posted: 1/8/2019 9:25:00 AM
When I was young, it was fun around the outside of the ear, but who would want something like a "Wet-Willie" in their ear? I guess to each their own. At my age, I can't see a women wanting to stick their tongue in one of my Yoda ears, LOL. (j/k--I keep them trimmed)
 dondea
Msg: 2 (view)

Prostate massage and/or pegging
Posted: 1/8/2019 9:19:55 AM
I never want my prostate massaged or being pegged. When my doctor sticks their finger in my arse and says, "Cough," it is NOT pleasurable at all. It might be fun to some people, but no bung-hole plugging or messaging for me!
 dondea
Msg: 172 (view)

Ladies, would you want a stay-at-home boyfriend?
Posted: 1/5/2019 7:28:13 PM
Good for you _Cinnamon__Girl. Happy New Year! I was stationed at Davis-Monthan Air Force Base from 2004 to 2008.

I guess some men could be stay-at-home boyfriends/husbands. I know I couldn't. I retired from military service in 2008 and I immediately went back to work full time. Because of my wife's illness, I do most of the heavy housework--especially dusting and vacuuming 2 to 3x a week due to our Sheba Inyu and our other Jack Russell/Italian Greyhound/Pug mix fur babies. But stay at home? Nope, not for me--at least yet, LOL!
 dondea
Msg: 472 (view)

A man's actions are the key variable that determines whether a relationship survives or fails
Posted: 1/5/2019 6:45:39 PM
I guess after gleaning through 19 pages on this thread, I have come to believe:

1) It takes BOTH partner's actions is THE key variable that determines whether a relationship survives or fails.

2) It takes trust and faith in your significant other to make your relationship to survive.

3) Romance is also key, but love (however you both define it) and respect helps to cement a permanent long-term relationship.

4) A relationship should never be taken for granted and abuse (emotional, mental, physical) should absolutely be never tolerated.

5) Compromise through kind words and actions help whether the storms of life. Lean on each other when the winds of life blows hard.

6) Realize that each other is an individual and has wants and desires. Talk it out to make sure they're compatible to your relationship goals.

7) Remember, yes, things are important--don't collect too many, but what is more important, is your partner in life.

8) Lastly, realize that long-lasting relationships are hard work sometimes, but mostly can be fun with a little sense of humor and humility. Relationships are only "perfect" when it is perfect to the both of you.
 dondea
Msg: 29 (view)

Spam and prostitution
Posted: 1/5/2019 5:35:00 PM
In the past few months, I seen many fake profiles being created. More than the occasional two or three in my area. Yesterday, I found one that had a profile name like: x2bxs_dmtdz stating they were from Annapolis, MD. The key indicators are always a picture of a young 20-something thin woman and an age of over 50 years old and the hair color was bald or didn't match the picture. So, yep I reported it and the profile. So yes, the spammers keep trying to make head-ways into POF. Nothing new here.

Do women see guy ones that are similar? I'm curious as I don't search for guys.
 dondea
Msg: 14 (view)

The Science of Happily Ever After
Posted: 1/5/2019 5:03:53 PM
I wholeheartedly agree, purplerider1200.
 dondea
Msg: 12 (view)

The Science of Happily Ever After
Posted: 1/4/2019 9:10:31 PM
Daynadaze, I agree. The Science of Happily Ever After book is plain B.S. It's full of philosophy, but humanity has changed very little even in modern times. Marriages begin, some succeed, some fail.

An analogy of this is like the history of weather. Many lives are now saved because of technology, but people who claim the weather is getting worse are full of it. Yes, the climate is getting warmer, but the rain, drought and severe storms are pretty much the same as in the 18th, 19th, 20th and 21st centuries. It's only because of mass communication that we are aware of it. Marriages are similar. We know more about it, but it's still the same. Some succeed, some fail.
 dondea
Msg: 1110 (view)

Sitting, kneeling or hiding out in the lockeroom during our anthem
Posted: 1/3/2019 7:22:24 AM

It is so incredibly sad so to see so many of us don't understand that being an American in more than name only means that we understand oaths of allegiance are voluntary, not mandatory. At great cost our parents and grand parents honored freedom and defeated a Nationalistic dictatorship that mandated oaths of allegiance less than 3/4 of a century ago. Each and every one of you that "thinks" the Anthem should be mandatory has absolutely no grasp of the objective reality of what freedom actually is and how we honor it by not trying to throw it in the garbage.

Wow, Double Cabin, how to spin something that is cherished by many of the grandparents who fought for yours and my freedom. You know, it wasn't until the 1960's did people start putting their individual rights over country. I do agree with you that making some expressions "mandatory" should not be enforced, but like many, you miss the point entirely. I understand that patriotism is lacking with the protestors--as is their right. It's all about RESPECT for country.

Most of the grandparents who fought and lived during World War II taught their children RESPECT for the US Flag, the National Anthem and the Rule of Law (via the US Constitution and US Titles & Codes). But, as SOME children and grandchildren are, they think they know better than what their parents (The Greatest Generation) taught them and now we have people like them to protest just about anything under the sun.

To really understand the difference of protesting during the singing of the National Anthem and respect for it: Are you are with the crowd that takes freedom for granted? Are you part of the herd who puts individual wants and desires over a show of respect for the country that give you those rights and freedoms? Are you are part of the people who say they don't want anarchy, but embrace it. Yep, those parents taught them well. Were they the ones who supported people who protested the Vietnam War as well and spit on the veterans returning, too? It leaves me to wonder.
 dondea
Msg: 32 (view)

Interstate Or Intrastate Migration
Posted: 1/3/2019 6:44:50 AM
The one thing that a lot of people keep forgetting about Interstate or Intrastate migration is the US Constitution allows it and does not allow the individual states to impose restrictions of people moving freely via the Commerce Clause. You know the part of the constitution that also allowed Obamacare to be formed and imposed a tax on the American people before the Trump Administration gutted it.

Also, comparing illegal immigration to interstate/intrastate migration is laughable. As with ANY country, the US has the right to secure our borders. How we do this is through enforcing the laws that exist on the books (US Titles & Codes). For the past several Administrations, both Republican and Democratic presidents have bent the rules, or as Obama did, tried to create new ones without Congress. We cannot let that happen or no law should be enforced and anarchy will reign.

Will a wall that Trump wants stop all illegal immigration? No, but his wall or fence will slow the influx of illegal non-US citizens from trying to circumvent our immigration laws.
 dondea
Msg: 75 (view)

Married Men -To date or not to date?
Posted: 1/3/2019 6:24:55 AM
@hemingway234: Yes, there are a lot of cheaters out there and single or married MEN also run into women, who do so, all the time. Both men AND women who cheat do so for a variety of reasons. Not defending them, whether right or wrong, it's just a fact of life.
 dondea
Msg: 5 (view)

What did he mean I didn't think you toward that direction
Posted: 1/3/2019 6:11:35 AM
Be careful Lillyinrain. It sounds like you want to become his mistress or is this just a fling thing? He may not want to get a divorce for financial reasons. That's okay if that's what you want to do.
 dondea
Msg: 68 (view)

Turning someone down for sex
Posted: 12/25/2018 12:11:24 PM

Other than illness there is another reason that I've turned down sex with a partner. That has been when the person has been excessively hurtful. It would be great if you could always just kiss and make up, but it isn't always that simple. It's not punishment, it's recovery time.

You are so correct ontheotherhand. A very wise comment.
 dondea
Msg: 38 (view)

Fantasizing...does anyone else have this problem????
Posted: 12/25/2018 11:56:50 AM
^^^^ So right hemingway234^^^^

In this stage in my life, fantasizing is the ONLY option in my life. If feel like or am considering cheating, I'm just like UBU the dog trying to catch a car. It stops and all I can do is sit, lol. I guess I'll keep on fantasizing. It's also safer that way!
 dondea
Msg: 50 (view)

He doesnt like SEX? really?
Posted: 12/25/2018 11:48:26 AM
Reading way, way, back. I guess the OP never watched TV such as Married With Children. There are a lot of Al Bundy's and Jane Smith's out there with low libidos. My wife is one of the Jane Smith's, but we still love each other and there is more to life than sex as long as there is affection towards each other.
 dondea
Msg: 19 (view)

*trigger* Have I broken it off too soon?
Posted: 12/24/2018 6:46:05 AM

Yes, you have done the right thing. He sounds like he has more issues than Sports Illustrated.

Stratosfere, thanks for my belly laugh of the day! Merry Christmas!
 dondea
Msg: 22 (view)

Who has used dental dams for oral sex?
Posted: 12/24/2018 6:41:59 AM
Dental dams? Uh, no. Absolutely not--ever!!!! What diseases is the dam going to stop because the aren't a perfect seal.
 dondea
Msg: 24 (view)

Conflict in the bedroom.
Posted: 12/24/2018 6:35:48 AM

Did you know that some people in long term relationships and marriages are not getting any sex at all?

I fit that category, but sometimes love is not about sex--especially if your loved one has medical issues.
 dondea
Msg: 840 (view)

Squirting
Posted: 12/20/2018 6:39:45 PM
You are definitely doing something right if you have the woman squirt or flood during oral sex. Most women I have been with in the past, were surprised, but they enjoyed it and wanted it to happen again.
 dondea
Msg: 7 (view)

Pictures with weapons, and tatoo images.
Posted: 10/30/2018 6:11:19 PM
Unfortunately, the "must have a picture with a visible head shot in the main profile picture" is rarely being enforced by the moderators. I see numerous pictures, cartoons, sunsets and other pictures without the user's face as the main profile all the time now.
 dondea
Msg: 1 (view)

Does Anyone Moderate the Main Profile Pictures?
Posted: 10/30/2018 5:49:43 PM
During the past year, I see more and more main profile pictures being cartoons or pictures without the user's face such as sunsets, other body parts, their favorite places, quotes, etc.

When I report them by clicking the POF link to report the user if their main profile picture, many profile pictures remain the same for months. Is POF no longer enforcing that rule? If so, they need to drop the link.

One good thing that is happening is when a scammer or spammer is reported, the profile is usually deleted in 48 hours. Kudos to the POF moderators!
 dondea
Msg: 187 (view)

Body Art is fine. A metamorphosis to jungle animals through body modification isn't for me.
Posted: 9/18/2018 8:15:54 PM
I don't have any tattoos, but my wife does. Her choice. but for me, naw--not into them. I have my left ear pierced. That's about as radical as I will ever be. To each their own.
 dondea
Msg: 93 (view)

Sex parties in clubs???
Posted: 9/18/2018 5:41:01 PM
Never been to one and alas, probably never will go. I guess I'm just too vanilla :-(
 dondea
Msg: 33 (view)

Foreplay
Posted: 9/18/2018 5:33:57 PM
I agree with Igor's post. Foreplay is 3/4 of the fun. I just can't get into sex unless there's a little rubbing, massaging, teasing, etc.
 dondea
Msg: 43 (view)

Lack of sexual experience. It is a turn off?
Posted: 9/18/2018 5:23:51 PM
^^^^ Yep, MsMicki, that's about right, LOL.
 dondea
Msg: 25 (view)

Leaving POF for eharmony
Posted: 9/18/2018 5:17:24 PM
There's an old saying/proverb, "The grass is always greener on the other side (of the fence.")

Well, I wish the OP best of luck on the eHarmony side of the fence.
 dondea
Msg: 197 (view)

Any expectations of who would be attracted to you?
Posted: 6/17/2018 4:16:12 PM

Kissfromarose77

A beautiful goddess of a woman would be attracted to me. She would have an hour glass figure, long, dark hair, green eyes, and sultry, red lips. She would be a freak in bed, a chef in the kitchen, a therapist during hard times, and a coach when I’m off my game.

LOL! I thought the same thing, but I woke up from my dream and back to reality.
 dondea
Msg: 29 (view)

How Often the Average Woman and Average Man Masturbate
Posted: 6/17/2018 3:54:50 PM

Felt so bad for him....I got him a Fleshlight!

LOL, Ms. Micki!!!
 dondea
Msg: 116 (view)

When is it ok to say I love you?
Posted: 6/17/2018 3:37:04 PM

The people who fall in love with just about everyone they date scare me badly.

In today's age, I would have to agree with you.
 dondea
Msg: 111 (view)

When is it ok to say I love you?
Posted: 6/16/2018 3:05:02 PM

If a man told me he loved me after only 4 dates. I would think either he does not know what love is, or he is desperate to find love and is willing to fake it hoping it will become love. I doubt I could ever take him seriously afterwards. I would want to wait for the dust to settle before even questioning myself as to if I was in love.

Moriama, I told my wife I loved her after 4 dates and I really was. We have been together for 26 years and married almost 25. What may not work for some, may works for others. Love is a very strange emotion. There may be similarities in love, but to me, love and being in love is unique to everyone. Also, my wife was skeptical, too. -) .
 dondea

Transgendered Woman Appearing in Search Results
Posted: 4/7/2018 4:02:48 PM
@basilisk123: I used to clean the restrooms when I worked in a department store in upstate NY many, many years ago. I'd rather clean the men's room over the women's room any time. Maybe someone has a different experience or opinion, but I never was exposed to a clean and scented women's restroom. They were always dirtier and nastier than the men's restroom when I had to clean them. I'm glad I don't do that anymore, LOL!
 dondea
Msg: 178 (view)

why do most men judge women by their number of past lovers?
Posted: 7/10/2015 1:07:50 PM
I can't believe this thread is still going after 9 1/2 years. Wow!

OT: I would not want to know how many partners my wife or any lover (for that matter) has had in the past. I could care less.

I have been asked by different women I have been with in the past, but my answer is always something like, "Why do you want to know?" and "That's personal to me and for me alone to know."

I do not say it in a condescending manner, but I'm honest. It's none of their business because some sexual encounters that I've had in past, I'm fine with, while others were definitely a learning experience.
 dondea
Msg: 85 (view)

How Do Men Bond with Women?
Posted: 6/30/2015 1:35:10 PM
I scored as "secure," but I'm not surprised as I having been married for years. However, if I had taken this test 10 or so years ago when I was more insecure, I bet I would've had a very different result. At least, I think so because I was experiencing the down side in the ups and down part of a long term relationship. JMHO.

Show ALL Forums