Brexit? A coup de grace?
Posted: 2/28/2019 4:23:55 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wNd2bvLvyk4
 try1more
Msg: 633 (view)

Random Musings - Talk About Everthing
Posted: 2/12/2019 5:34:35 AM
anyone remember cb radio?
anyone use cb radio or the later pmr radio?
all seems to have died out whereas it was once very popular.
anyone have anything to say about it all?
 try1more
Msg: 12 (view)

POF Ignores no clear faceshot reports?
Posted: 2/11/2019 7:34:54 AM
^^^^
yer i've seem them thumbnails above the forum before, never heard it called a fish though:-)
 try1more
Msg: 11 (view)

What tune shall we play
Posted: 2/11/2019 7:32:12 AM
^^^^
not me, i'd say you must be looking for one of your dozen electrical test screwdrivers, determined not to buy another coz you can't locate one, which is of course why you have a dozen .....somewhere :-)
 try1more
Msg: 712 (view)

Brexit? A coup de grace?
Posted: 1/5/2019 5:48:52 PM
who the hell cares what anyone says/claims.
brexit served it's purpose. the eu is dead.
the un, world bank and who all have their cards marked.
not sure about nato not really looked that hard time will tell.
interesting times!
 try1more
Msg: 544 (view)

Posted: 11/12/2018 11:18:01 AM
cumin soon to a salon near you?

https://www.dailywire.com/news/38105/transgender-woman-files-human-rights-complaints-amanda-prestigiacomo

i've been abducted by aliens, an i wanna go back to planet earth!
 try1more
Msg: 543 (view)

Posted: 11/12/2018 10:51:59 AM
^^^
i know what you mean rox.
i'm the only "normal" person i know, everyone else is a bit odd :-)
 try1more
Msg: 189 (view)

Change of life
Posted: 11/9/2018 12:35:20 PM
vlad and chappy

the greatest problem i can see behind what may be a well meaning idea, is employers are not likely to employ anyone without a year or perhaps it's more driving experience, due to the increased cost of insurance, and unless they can afford their own car where will they get it?
 try1more
Msg: 185 (view)

Change of life
Posted: 11/8/2018 7:01:11 PM
educational courses and requirements are nothing but a scam supported by government!
designed to relieve you of your hard earned while creating jobs for the unemployed run by their friends.
basically thomas edison, nicola tesla and alexander graham bell would be barred from working with electricity unless they took a course at a worthless training centre for their required diploma (AKA worthless piece of paper)
carry on :-)
 try1more
Msg: 182 (view)

Change of life
Posted: 11/8/2018 7:35:24 AM
actually had he gone to court over it he would probably have got away with it since it was illuminated.
still a technical offense though.
the intent behind the law is mainly over the illumination and since parked cars have none, the rear red reflectors (required on the back but not legal on the front) illuminate when hit by oncoming cars headlights, which is the reason they are there.
one time the car accessory shops sold a double ended bullet thing to hang on your door with a red light one end and white the other with the claim you could park on the right if you used it provided you had the red light facing oncoming cars, remember them?

back in the mid 70's the police down here went round sticking tickets on cars parked facing the wrong way at night for being illegaly parked, a lot of night shift workers got caught out by that one.
including some i worked with on a trading estate, where unlike most trading estates the roads through were public not private oops!
 try1more
Msg: 180 (view)

Change of life
Posted: 11/7/2018 9:35:23 AM
one thing that hacks me off is drivers including taxi drivers, that stop on the wrong side of the road at night leaving their dip beams on blinding everyone coming down the road! if yer facing the wrong way switch to side lights!
 try1more
Msg: 178 (view)

Change of life
Posted: 11/7/2018 6:55:15 AM
"Anonymous gift?"

nothing romantic, so no need for jealousy :-)

granted brake tech has improved since then but you should still use gears to slow when appropriate, down a long incline for instance if you rely on your brakes you could experience fade, no fun.
do they teach cadence braking for such long hills? slippery surfaces?
in the case i mentioned i was going up hill (not a steep one) and just took my foot off the go pedal.
long time later when i had to get a car licence the woman instructor was brilliant!
 try1more
Msg: 176 (view)

Change of life
Posted: 11/6/2018 11:47:42 AM
hope your better than an instructor i had many years ago.
when i used deceleration to slow down (using the gears) he freaked out insisting it would wreck his gearbox.
then while driving up a road an oncoming car turned right aross my path, it was plenty far enough away so i just took my foot off.
next thing i knew i was wrapped round the steering wheel! the prat had stamped on the brakes!
i gave up n decided to stick to bikes, but at least i knew why there were so many idiots driving cars :-)

got a little gift sent to me that arrived today, was only told i had a delivery coming tuesday, it was a hot water bottle 2 feet 4 inches long in a wollen knitted sleeve, i notified the sender that i had just got something warm n soft to cuddle in bed at night, noting that sadly it was not very interactive but on the plus side it wouldn't answer back :-)

not received a reply back yet.
 try1more
Msg: 24 (view)

Managing on an Old Age Pension
Posted: 11/2/2018 5:00:37 PM
^^^^^^^^
the moderators had to go, as they were in danger of outnumbering the forum posters :-)
 try1more

Why do women have no sense of humour yet ask for GSOH ?
Posted: 10/16/2018 8:07:32 AM
very few folk respond well to humour, more likely to see it as criticism.

i sometimes wonder if it's because they truely believe opposites attract:-)

or perhaps they look nothing like their photo's. :-)

does my bum look big in this? no looks fine, add a route number and a PSV plate it would be perfect!

now run!! :-)
 try1more
Msg: 4 (view)

Natural remedies
Posted: 10/12/2018 5:52:17 PM
polly you really shouldn't waste your money on the very expensive "manuka" honey.
as i'm sure you know it's from nz what you may not know is, the recorded amounts sold are many times the amounts produced.
don't have links on this comp, but you should do some research, now you know what you're looking for that should help.

you would be better off buying "raw" local honey from a local source "not" processed.
once processed it's virtually the same thing as invert sugar (golden syrup), quite recently a company selling "honey" got busted, tons of syrup were destroyed, there was "no" honey found in their honey, many commercials are blended with syrup according to reports.

as a little addition, flour mills that claim "nothing added" are lying, as they have to add certain vitamins by law, so nothing added just means by their choosing.
does not apply to small producers/mills.

garlic is good, a few cloves crushed and added to food after cooking "cooking is said to destroy the benefits"

cyder (or cider) vinagar also quite good 1/4 inch 6mm in the bottom of a short glass (not a drinker so don't know the name of the glasses) top up with cold water it's quite refreshing.

vitamin d is one of the vitamins folk are most likely deficient in, especially the more north you are (in winter esp), the doses from health shops are not really adequate, can't recall what dose may be best, best to do some research and make your own mind up, as far as i recall too much is better than not enough but check that.
vit D is important to support your immune system.
if you have an old type sun lamp UV"B" that could help.
bit controvertial i know, but used for skin conditioning "not" tanning could perhaps give you the vit D you need.
the medical info is a bit confusing, typical claim "the body can't produce it" (vit D) but the skin does produce it in response to UVB radiation (also producing melanin), UVA does not cause that response it only darkens any melanin already in your skin.
severe vit D deficiency is the cause of rickets for one thing, (so important for bone health)
salt deficiency is known to cause birth defects, so why the big salt is bad hysteria?

where food is concerned everyone lies to you to sell their product, same as everything else.
beware of claims, and for anything new use only small dose to start, folk can have an adverse reaction to anything (very rare i know but even water for a very small number of folk), we are all chemically unique, great for one poison to another.
so you need to find what works for "you"
 try1more
Msg: 13 (view)

Message ban?
Posted: 10/12/2018 6:36:49 AM
"His last message said he thought his messages werent reaching me"

if thats all his last message consisted of, it would not have been blocked.
all you can really do is send a simple message ex: "are you getting my messages? yes i am will do as a reply"

those should cause no problems, then perhaps you can work out what was causing them to get blocked, that is assuming that works.
and remember to check your sent messages to see if it was really sent.

here is (probably) a good description of how messaging works, when you send a message it goes into a database it has an identifier which is used as a link that link is put into your sent box, and another is put into the recipients inbox, either of you can use the link to read your message, if he deletes the message you will still be able to read it, if you delete the message he will still be able to read it, so don't send owt you may regret :-)
 try1more

Message ban?
Posted: 10/12/2018 6:06:19 AM
in the good ole days there was no 14 year pof restriction, there were loads of folk on the forum.
now there are few on the forum so chances finding anyone is much less.
if you do delete and create a new profile, and if you can still at present find his profile either save a copy or just save his username (suggest you copy and paste it save in a text file)
then when you have a new profile just search for that username (sometimes it's best to paste a copy you took) you should have no problem finding his profile if you do that.

best of luck, and never expect too much from online, it usually leads to disappointment.
 try1more
Msg: 7 (view)

Message ban?
Posted: 10/12/2018 5:34:41 AM
here is your problem.
your mail restrictions on your profile is the first.

"Mail Settings
To send a message to IAmGenuine you MUST meet the following criteria:
Male
Age Between:48 and 57.
Lives in United Kingdom
Lives within 75 You must have a picture to contact this user."

so only a male between 48 and 57 living in the uk within 75miles can volunteer by sending you a message.

if the male you want them to contact for you has mail restrictions "must be female" for instance a male will not be able to help.

no female can volunteer, and you will not be able to ask a female if she only accepts messages from males.

finally to contact anyone (even if they have no mail restrictions) you must be within 14 years of their age, this is a pof rule, so if the forumite is more than 14 years older or younger, not possible.
 try1more
Msg: 5 (view)

Message ban?
Posted: 10/12/2018 5:04:28 AM
firstly pof is a real pain.
when you send a message it may say message sent, when it hasn't sent it.
so you should always check sent messages after sending, if it's not there it has been blocked by pof.
so if the message was sent a week or two ago check your sent messages.
pof blocks messages for odd reasons without telling you, or any warning.
ex: sending links in first message will block it. even if you had previously swopped messages before. it forgets you have done that.
number strings can cause a message to be blocked, pof has never listed what it will block, so innocent messages often get caught.
as bunny says try asking a forum member to help, but bear in mind they must be within 14 years of the other persons age and the other problem will be if he has female only you can't ask a male and if the forum user is female only accepting messages from male you can't message them, great to live in the age of communication innit :-)

those that get a reply from pof will no doubt print and frame it , don't think anyone has done that yet.
 try1more
Msg: 375 (view)

Random Music - Lets Sing About Everything
Posted: 9/3/2018 9:53:31 AM
hey vlad
if you like a good story try this, fiction or prediction? pretty short so wont take too long.
a much better example of extrapolation than any recent attempts :-)

title: a logic named joe
author: Murray Leinster
pub: 1946

find it here

http://www.baen.com/chapters/W200506/0743499107___2.htm

this site gives a good description of the time it was written.

https://www.theregister.co.uk/2016/03/19/a_logic_named_joe/

never noticed before but this page has a link to a pdf version, it's an advert so not sure if it has the whole story or not.
 try1more
Msg: 16 (view)

a pointless wail about the lack of soundproofing in dwellings
Posted: 8/25/2018 7:33:27 PM
very short on topic vid

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3MNXI0phaw

well i was amused!
 try1more
Msg: 29 (view)

Me too
Posted: 8/24/2018 8:08:17 AM
"Most laws pertaining to underage sex have a "Romeo and Juliet clause.""

thats rubbish!
just taking america as a single country, which it's not, where the age of consent ranges from 16 to 18, the close in age law does not apply to every state, and even in those that do apply it there are wildly different interpretations.
just taking the uk and ireland, the uk is 16 ireland is 17, ireland (and as far as i'm aware) the uk do not have a close in age clause.
as for europe, germany it's 14.
trying to use the age of consent as some yardstick has it's problems, and has no place in any discussion relating to abuse or rape, which is a whole different animal!

as a side note, canada does have a sense of humour, the law against oral sex was repealed in 69....1969 that is :-)
 try1more
Msg: 594 (view)

Brexit all the way to the door.. but no further?
Posted: 8/23/2018 11:55:27 AM
in a factory you have assets and liabilities
those that produce are assets admin are liabilities.
you don't grow your business by increasing your staff and office space.
which is what you seem to be convinced is the way to go, the eu is a massive increase in liabilities,staff that produce nothing but expenses, while manufacturing disappears factories close, while those liabilities impose ever more regulation on business.
no nothing pencil pushers telling a tradesman how to do his job often enough.

the law of the conservation of energy states basically you cannot get out more than you put in.

nigel farage highlighting why they are so incompetant (2min video)
trauma warning, snowflakes avoid! :-)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=40ule97jkRA

pet eu pipe dream projects?

https://www.rt.com/news/234427-eu-projects-austerity-billions/

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/10597106/Gone-to-ruin-the-3.4m-white-elephant-backed-by-the-EU-and-paid-for-by-taxpayers.html

https://www.euractiv.com/section/regional-policy/news/eu-millions-wasted-on-white-elephant-airports-say-auditors/

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-poland-airports-specialreport/special-report-eu-funds-help-poland-build-ghost-airports-idUSKBN0JS06K20141214

https://iea.org.uk/publications/research/stuck-in-brussels-should-transport-policy-be-determined-at-eu-level

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/1474957/How-the-EU-millions-went-West.html
 try1more
Msg: 588 (view)

Posted: 8/21/2018 7:00:00 AM
"The one thing we had in our favour was that we could withdraw our labour to sort a grievance. The ruling from the gulag court takes that right away from us."

they often base decisions on landmark cases, in this case it must have been based on R v Lovelass and Others (1834) 172 ER 1380

tolpuddle court is now a museum :-)
 try1more
Msg: 584 (view)

Posted: 8/20/2018 11:04:26 AM
pauline
i meant you supported indy but not brexit, neither of which went your way.
i try too hard to limit typing, i'm no typist :-)
thanks for reply though.

acrosstheplains
thanks for the detailed reply.
i chose to vote brexit, as far as i'm concerned the eu would be better named eu plc.
it's corporate governance, officials are not voted in (not by the people) and it favours corporations over people, remote governance is always a bad idea.

the eu is not a country, it's more like an agent exercising control over it's clients while screwing them, they want an eu military which basically means they want control over the military of all member countries and you're not concerned?

they currently control where all member countries can trade with and they control the conditions of that trade.

how hard is it to travel to russia? even back when it was the ussr a local guy and a few friends drove a london taxi to russia so it can't be that hard.
can you work in russia? there's a vid on youtube with an expat english farmer questioning (personally) putin about conditions, don't recall exactly what about.

in 1987 (during the cold war) a west german flew a light aircraft across russia landing in red square and lived to tell the tale, the account is on wikipedia here:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mathias_Rust

and here is a vid of it on youtube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wue02Y0lS38

shows just how evil them russki's are dunnit :-)

as you said it was used to push wages down, i knew of many including nhs getting rid of staff for cheaper replacements, against the law? nope! you just rewrite the job description then you make the previous person redundant, as you're not advertising the same job (even if it has not really changed) you can then employ someone cheaper to do it.

my mother was english her parents were french, my father was from jenny's well (pauline will recognise that) when the war broke out he enlisted in the argyll and sutherland regiment (as did his brothers), he met my mother while stationed on the south coast.my great grandparents (not sure about my grandparents) were from ireland. so if we do leave and i change my mind i can have an irish passport :-)
my grandad's brother was american, does that mean i could get an american passport as well?:-)

vlad
i did know about some of their lies, must piss you right off that scotland would have to have a border if you left, but ireland wont have to have one if we leave the eu, that sounds a bit racist to me :-)
if you do leave i guess i can have a jock passport so not a big worry :-)
not that i even have a british passport, does a mongrel qualify?
well i did have one one time :-)

personally i can't see the eu existing much longer.
 try1more
Msg: 574 (view)

Posted: 8/19/2018 2:00:17 PM
pauline
i'm pretty sure you accused the gov of lying to the scottish folk about what indy would mean in order to win, sorry if i've got that wrong.
but if i haven't then it's a bit underhanded to accuse the leave campaign of lying to get their way.
the only difference is that scotland voted remain the uk voted leave, neither of which is what you supported simple as that!
both sides lied and continue to do so.
if you bothered to read that leaflet it was full of lies, with the sole exception of what would happen if we voted leave.
on the other hand it's looking like it lied about that as well!

i think in some part we have you jocks to thank for the vote, as they were so sure they had it in the bag, having won indy with their lying they thought they couldn't lose.

it may surprise you but i would support devolution to a degree, but not just for scotland, there should be much less central government control country wide, local governments should have more control than they have, one size fits all doesn't work nor does micro=managment the ussr proved that as putin has said why is the eu trying to re-create the ussr of europe.

acrosstheplains
what are your reasons for being pro euro how/why do you think it would be better than brexit?
 try1more
Msg: 566 (view)

Posted: 8/19/2018 11:28:51 AM
"I'm not sure what you mean about no hard or soft brexit just brexit"

i don't understand what you mean by indy? you already have it! albeit soft indy :-)

best real world example i can come up with

below is a link to the leaflet posted through every uk door at a cost of around 9.3 million of your/our money!
where does that leave the argument that we never knew what we were voting for?

from page 14:"the referendum on thursday, 23rd june is your chance to decide if we should remain in or leave the european union" also on that page: "this is your decision. the government will implement what you decide"
sounds pretty black n white to me! where;s the ambiguity?

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/515068/why-the-government-believes-that-voting-to-remain-in-the-european-union-is-the-best-decision-for-the-uk.pdf
 try1more
Msg: 7 (view)

Amazing experience, but be careful
Posted: 8/16/2018 10:46:02 AM
"The OP appears to have left us - can't imagine why........."

maybe cos you're only allowed to have one profile
no prizes for guessing the other one :-)
 try1more
Msg: 88 (view)

Insanity online..
Posted: 8/16/2018 2:41:40 AM
lorri and hostess are right!

it used to be pretty full, i was working nights and there were posts round the clock, yep! there were the odd windups trolls etc, now it's just left to a handfull of poor me's and hangers on hoping it turns around, it wont!
pre 14 year rule you could pm anyone that posted, had a few good convo's because of that, not all in the uk.
pof forums was a link on your profile and your last posts were displayed on the bottom of your profile, now i doubt most that sign up know there are forums.
basically the fun has gone from the forums, was not surprised bunny left, was surprised he returned!
i look in now n again but usually regret it, nothing to post on, better things to do!

edit:
ignore the digs hostess! your post says you are doing well, well done at least you're positive x
 try1more
Msg: 7045 (view)

Will President Elect Donald Trump Last The Full 4 Years?
Posted: 8/14/2018 1:58:22 AM
trump needs nothing of the sort ^^^^

has this happened before?

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/08/10/west-virginia-lawmakers-move-to-impeach-entire-supreme-court.html

what swamp? :-)
how would you secure convictions with a corrupt supreme court?
is trump racist? yes! but only if the corrupt are considered a race!
 try1more
Msg: 7021 (view)

Will President Elect Donald Trump Last The Full 4 Years?
Posted: 8/11/2018 5:30:38 AM
"When you look back at speeches both clintons made, and obama, they all said we have to secure our border against illegal aliens. Like everything else, its only a problem if Trump says it. It's part of their harassment movement. I pay them no mind."

you're missing something important, that the clintons/obama are well aware of, trump "means" it!

you are going through the same thing as brits went through with jimmy savile, so many couldn't, wouldn't believe the stories until there were just too many proven, to be able to deny them.

i wonder how many on the left have bothered to read up on the cia/fbi/doj collaboration with the mafia (which come in many flavours) drug/people trafficking, money laundering, excecutions, false flags?

covert bio weapons/drug testing on your own people, the uk done much the same using the military and maybe still do.

grant chaps sadly got it pretty right about the peasant priorities, could have included celeb worship but not 50 shades as i don't think that was published yet :-)

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2014/mar/19/grant-shapps-bingo-and-beer-joke-causes-twitter-storm
 try1more
Msg: 266 (view)

Posted: 5/20/2018 2:11:49 PM
vlad!! you're a disgrace to scotland, ya big woosy!!

there's only 4 snakes native to the uk and one is not really a snake, more of a lizard without legs.
most common is the slowworm (the legless lizard) rounded body brown no teeth, they like compost heaps.
they will bite though, i used to catch em as pets along with lizards, one small one clamped it's jaws to my little finger and never let go all the way home, til i put it down in it's new home, used to freak me mother out:-)

the adder/viper next most common, but not that common, the only venemous snake, they only strike in defence (like most wild creatures), rough skin, beige in colour (more or less) with a very distinctive black zigzag or diamond pattern along their back, rough scales, body (unlike the slowworm) tapers toward the head.

next grass snake greenish can look a brownish green patterned but no zigzag like the adder,also has rough scales, not aggressive not venemous more likely to play dead, also like compost heaps(maybe they all do?)

lastly smooth snake not very likely to see one, i never have, not venemous, on the endangered species list.
and there's an oddity for ya! "species" doesn't obey the rule "i before e except after c" :-)

as far as i know they are all protected species.

oh here! ive found you a link to id the one you saw.

http://www.herpetofauna.co.uk/identification.asp

the only other probability is an escaped pet, far as i know venemous not legal as pets, you would (i think) need a licence to keep venemous snakes, most pets would'nt survive long up your way, too cold for em.
 try1more
Msg: 5082 (view)

What good things has Trump accomplished?
Posted: 5/1/2018 11:41:59 AM
can't be bothered to argue with anti trumpers but check out the link below and make your own minds up.
it could help soften the blow when the brown stuff finally hits the whirly thing:-)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-z4gn9VDPb4
 try1more
Msg: 154 (view)

News at eleven and bit
Posted: 5/1/2018 9:30:53 AM
not so much questioning the media message as letting you know what they are not telling you.
it may just soften the blow when it comes out as it has to soon.
not the best poster to follow and not the worst either but this gives you a good overview.
if you want to know more about Q if you don't already know just say so.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-z4gn9VDPb4

i can provide more links if you're interested, there are many that are dis/misinformation etc.
over to you!
 try1more
Msg: 146 (view)

News at eleven and bit
Posted: 4/27/2018 4:13:35 AM
alder hey...alder hay now where have i heard that before
oh yeah!
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/1136723.stm
 try1more
Msg: 208 (view)

Posted: 4/14/2018 7:27:35 PM
"I'm rather surprised no one has mentioned missiles over Syria. Despite my feelings about Assad and Putin, I just can't believe this is taking us anywhere."

trump said he would drain the swamp, thats what he's doing!
 try1more

Feminist issues
Posted: 2/26/2018 1:51:37 PM
^^^
more of a cultural thing i think
some women like to be controlled some men like to control
me. i have enough trouble controlling meself, i don't need another job! :-)

sorry jack! reply meant for beaching.
 try1more
Msg: 8 (view)

Feminist issues
Posted: 2/26/2018 1:26:47 PM
feminist is a synonym for misandrist just as mgtow is a synonym for misogynist.
as a misanthrope i fully support equal rights/opportunity :-)
 try1more
Msg: 78 (view)

Hidden transgenders M-F
Posted: 2/18/2018 4:40:12 AM
^^^
i were on't bog at work one day.
someone walked in the toilets and shouted "god whats died in ere" i called back it's ok fer you, you can walk out i have to sit here!
damn curries!!
 try1more
Msg: 75 (view)

Hidden transgenders M-F
Posted: 2/18/2018 3:08:37 AM
^^^
they would have to be pretty close to do that :-)
 try1more
Msg: 187 (view)

The feel good thread
Posted: 2/16/2018 4:09:54 PM
nothing to worry about hostess.
mine does the same every now and then, it's caused by the steam which collects around it and must get in, it is after all mounted on the ceiling, although it's probably also due to wear as it never used to happen, i'll probably have to replace it sooner or later, for me thats a simple job and they are cheap.
i just leave it to dry out and it will start working again.
 try1more
Msg: 42 (view)

Our coming new society
Posted: 2/15/2018 11:33:46 AM
^^^^
i used to be able to call the surgery for an appointment on the day and i could use ringback, this has not been possible for some time, the only way to get seen on the day is attend in person when they open, mine is not the only local surgery where this is the case, instead you have to sit through a long recorded message before you get to speak to anyone, then you get offered an appointment at a miami clinic, this is supposed to only be for minor stuff not an ongoing condition but you get sent there anyway, they don't have access to your medical notes, it's a bad joke.

the reason i got this spam is obviously because A i get repeat prescriptions & B the nhs passed my details to the company.
so if you get repeat prescriptions through the nhs you will probably at some point get the same spam.

i don't see how many small pharmacies could continue to exist on so many fewer prescriptions, and it could make the pharmacies in bigger shops a liability that could end up closing them, the company also sells other products much the same ones as your local pharmacy boots look out!! no shop is too big to fail!
 try1more
Msg: 39 (view)

Our coming new society
Posted: 2/15/2018 10:06:19 AM
as i get repeat prescriptions i received promotional mail (un requested spam) from the below, obviously they were given my details by the nhs (probably had no choice)

anyone heard of pharmacy2u ?
a private company dispensing drugs online etc
apart from anything else what could this mean for your local pharmacy, if this becomes the norm i would not be surprised if we all ended up with no local pharmacy, is that a good thing?
online banking has put an end to many local branches and the service is limited in the ones that are left, if a visit i made to mine is anything to go by, it had 2 counter assistants and a row of machines to replace cashiers.
those with the least will be impacted the most, as usual.
wikipedia article on the company makes interesting reading.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pharmacy2U

quote from the above article:

"In October 2015 the company was fined £130,000 for selling patients' personal data to international scammers.[28] The Information Commissioner's Office found that the company had sold patients' names and addresses without permission. They were not accused of passing on medical information. The buyers, including a health supplements company, were warned for misleading advertising and unverified health claims. An Australian lottery company was said to have deliberately targeted elderly and vulnerable individuals."

another quote:
"In December 2015 the company stopped providing medication for several weeks due to a failure of their automated dispensing system,[30] leaving many patients without medication over the Christmas period."

gp's can choose not to do business with the company, i hope many do just that!
my local pharmacy provides home delivery for those that want/need it.
 try1more
Msg: 520 (view)

Another cock up
Posted: 2/11/2018 2:30:31 PM
"The NHS should get its own shit in order.
Stop asking for more funding in the hopes you can run a better service.
Start only paying the people on the top of the pile, when they produce. "

this i agree with

"Get the nurses to stop having 10/15 minute ‘chats’ in between seeing patients.
Sick of going to hospital and seeing nurses standing around chatting saying how ‘rushed off their feet’ they are."

sorry but this i don't agree with.
hospital work should generally be quite a cushty number on a day to day basis, if they are working at a 100% from day to day what the eff happens when there is a major incident?
it's no different to saying there should be no empty beds in hospitals.

i think you need to re-think.
 try1more
Msg: 131 (view)

The feel good thread
Posted: 2/9/2018 10:18:41 AM
don't forget to go to the bottom of the edit page and hit ok or update or whatever it's called, or the change will not be applied.

it does hide you from anyone that is not in your inbox (i think) and yes it doesn't hide you from being found on the forum.
you also vanish from the viewed and viewed me, and don't show online above the inbox aswell far as i recall.

edit: as far as i know if you have swopped messages with someone but haven't messaged for a while, if you try to message them again it gets treated as a first message, to try that out if you have someone that you've not messaged for a while on your contact list try hitting the send message button below their pic. when i done it, it said something like you have no conversation with them or summat like that.
 try1more
Msg: 19 (view)

100 years on
Posted: 2/7/2018 9:20:05 AM
"I want to hunt with the boys but then soak in the bath with scents and candles afterwards lol"

smart girl! baths n batteries are not a good mix :-)
 try1more
Msg: 16 (view)

100 years on
Posted: 2/7/2018 6:39:06 AM
roxy
there's a reason that education was a man thing, also why it was just for the well off.
tradition was that the first born son would inherit everything, the second son (assuming there was one) was a backup.
so the second born son would also receive education, the usual course of events was that the second born (and any others)
would join the church, which is why many important discoveries/inventions were made by priests, they were part of the elite!

educating the peasants was so they could work unsupervised, freeing up their well off employers to do nothing more than leave written instructions, education was to improve "their" lot not yours!
keeping you poor means keeping you occupied, idle minds are the devils playground was one saying, what i think that meant in reality was if folk have spare time to think, they just might work out how they are being shafted.

as for inequality it's largely a great big con, it worked for many years, if you look at tribes that live the old ways,
the men have different jobs to women typically doing manual work hunting etc, the women give birth raise the kids etc.
which if you apply a little logic is why they survive, if the tribe had to rely on the women for food it would be a bit of a diaster if all the women were pregnant, there wouldn't be a fat lot to eat would there?
yes i know it's simplified but just bear in mind that much of the inequality arose for a reason.

historically many women have (we are led to believe) been the driving force behind many powerfull men, so much for inequality!
 try1more
Msg: 15 (view)

Do you type like you talk?
Posted: 12/14/2017 5:47:11 PM
back in the days of terry nappies rubbers were the rubber pants to keep it all contained.
the x sent her first hubby to the chemist one weekend to get some, he walked up to the saturday girl asked for a pack of rubbers adding large size, she went bright red and developed a stutter before being rescued by an older woman :-)
 try1more
Msg: 422 (view)

Vote deleted please...
Posted: 12/12/2017 11:36:36 PM
scary
i would suggest you advertise it free to collector in a local paper or online a hobbiest may take it.
you can usually do that for no cost.
there may be folk that would give it a try, as bunny said the tools could cost more than its worth if you dont already have them, even a decent soldering kit is not cheap, from what you have said it could be just a mechanical problem or cracked circuit board, my son dropped his vcr years ago and the case flexed but the circuit board cracked, it took a few hrs checking it out and soldering jumpers across all the broken connections, fixed it, but only worth doing if you like fixing stuff and have the kit to do it.

Show ALL Forums