Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Copenhagen - Is it our last chance to save the world ?
 diabolikk
Msg: 26 (view)

Copenhagen - Is it our last chance to save the world ?
Posted: 12/9/2009 2:33:10 AM
Personally I would prefer a serious debate without having to see those imbeciles dressed as clowns/aliens/whatever, lobbying politicians etc and canvassing for the impossible.
Can we please have a major political gathering without the climate protestors for a change?

I have never seen so many idjits canvassing for governments to introduce more taxes...
 diabolikk
Msg: 11 (view)

Copenhagen - Is it our last chance to save the world ?
Posted: 12/7/2009 11:26:51 AM
Airy-fairy #5

Too good too good!

what they gonna do next send bruce willis up,and blow up a metor..while singing(i don`t wanna miss a thing).

Personally, I think it's a huge con designed to globalize us further, to create an industry and to make a serious lot of money from it. I hear different cases being made too but it is the usual suspects on the climate camp that do not convince me.
 diabolikk
Msg: 21 (view)

Go on be brually honest, maybe i might get somewhere
Posted: 12/6/2009 7:19:52 AM
No..no..no...this shouldn't degenerate into a "us v them" thread, it wasn't my intention after all. I was only sort of referring to the oldest market law or supply and demand.

Like I was saying, if I was to receive a lot of mail from all sorts of women, obviously I would put my price up and thereby possibly miss out on honest bidders...also, my ego would inflate disproportionately and I would start thinking I am "better" than in reality I actually am. This does not and must not mean we shouldn't aim high but only that we should keep a sense of proportion and anchor feet to the ground.
 diabolikk
Msg: 13 (view)

glad when xmas is over.
Posted: 12/6/2009 5:17:49 AM
Christmas is what you want it to be.

Personally I make it a time to spend extra time with my family, to be that little bit extra nice to people, to reflect on the life of Christ and to remind myself of how lucky I am.
 diabolikk
Msg: 6 (view)

Posted: 12/5/2009 6:10:10 AM
Hunnibelle, that's why I wrote (some) women...some women will know immediately that the tall, dark, handsome, rich, funny and entertaining man has something rotten...some other women will just think it's their birthday thinking someone's making presents.

Some will be confused by the dozen of flattering emails they get and so, if to start with all they were looking for was Mr Righ, all of a sudden that Mr Right doesn't look/sound like Jo from Barnsley but like Bradd from Holliwood...and it's only once Brad from Holliwood reveales himself to be married (when you're lucky) or totally the opposite of what he described himself to be that she remembers that Jo from Burnley wasn't a bad one.
I am not blaming or criticising; if I was to receive dozen (hundreds sometime!) of mails, I'd get well confused too (and shoot well above my station).
 diabolikk
Msg: 3 (view)

Posted: 12/5/2009 5:46:48 AM
Mate...mate...I didn't venture into looking at your profile to see if there was something wrong; after all I am a man so, what's wrong for me could be the best for a woman.

However, get used to this; thing work in this way on the net.
The only thoughts I'd suggest you keep in mind are:

1-You will find that you are far more successfull in "real life" than here. This is because in real life you are a person whereas here you are just a photo.

2-Women on the net receive a lot of mail and (some) loose sense of proportion. They come in with realistic expectations, put a sexy photo on and receive dozen of mails and that realistic expectation goes out of the window so, they shoot well above their stations and...get conned. You will need to wait for them to realize the amount of fake photos/profiles after getting burned once or twice before they'll sort of "get back" in a territory where they wont be fazzed by con-artists

3- You enter this thinking about yourself without appreciating instead that you're actually competing with another 10.000 men...some of which will lie mercilessly thereby making the honest men sound boring or uninteresting.

Personally I wouldn't rely on this net dating too much, you'll only get a very, very few mails and you'll have to mail out a lot to get something back...remember, if you are more successfull in real life, there must be a reason...
 diabolikk
Msg: 9 (view)

What counts as over the top?
Posted: 12/3/2009 4:46:09 PM
umhh...always a difficult one...ok, 2 things:

1- Be yourself is great but be alone isn't. Sometime we have to compromise and depending on the crowd we choose to frequent, we might have to comform something to fit in. Being the one standing out is great but one is one: single.
2-"Maddona on the arm and slut in the bedroon thing going on" yes, don't let them tell you otherwise, they'd be being partial with their inner truth.
 Diabolikk
Msg: 86 (view)

ever fancied someone, maybe on here or in your day to day life but like to keep it a secret
Posted: 11/29/2009 12:23:32 PM
...is it just me or doesn't it seems to be the same for a lot of women? I mean, have a crash and don't say?
 diabolikk

Having your views turned upside down in an instant.
Posted: 11/25/2009 2:38:39 AM
PseudoM, personally I am just surprised people buy into this guil trip so carelessly. During history, someone's always colonialised someone else and often this colonisation has brought development. The Romans colonised most of the then known world and gave us our culture which in turn they took part of from the Greeks etc etc.
Now, it is undeniable that colonisers "take" but it also undeniable that colonisation often brings a modernisation. (Give and take we could say that if...) all the streets brings to Rome it's because there were no paved streets before Rome.

You are absolutely right about India/Pakistan; they wanted independence and what they did with it? War...same as most African countries did with their own independence.

Anyway, to go back on topic, the cast system is at the core of India's problems but to recognise THAT is to criticise that culture and it's far easier to look elsewhere to point the finger at. The same as accepting that if 80% of Arab women are illiterate there must be a reason (with which we have nothing to do) but again, to recognise that, it is to actually make uncomfortable questions.

I have seen poverty in Brazil, poverty in Morocco and poverty in Thailand but the one that scared me the most was the intellectual poverty I have seen in the Arab world. It is easy to come out of financial poverty but that ease becomes a hardship when it's the actual local culture that fosters a system where the poor stay poor.
 diabolikk
Msg: 19 (view)

Having your views turned upside down in an instant.
Posted: 11/25/2009 2:04:48 AM
Well, it was never going to be long before someone would flip it upside down, ignore a 1000 years' strong cast system and turn it all into "our fault" again.

India is a free country master of its own destiny. If she behaves the way she does, that is because it is inhabited by humans and humans mostly behave that way.
Russia, Brazil, China and India, 4 emerging economies but no great hopes of world-wide "change". We can only hope without holding too much breath...
 Diabolikk
Msg: 13 (view)

Is expressing outrageous indignation and taking offence a new national past time?
Posted: 11/13/2009 5:15:18 AM
Macfourty #9

Since we acquired a compensation culture ............ being offended can be very lucrative these days ya know !!

and

what-a-nob-head #7

People started becoming offended when they found out the recent PC laws can be exploited for financial gain.
There is now a whole claims culture based on political correctness

Double bingo, if this was a bingo hall, you'd have made full house. Perfect words.
 Diabolikk
Msg: 238 (view)

I had a relationship with someone who was a muslim
Posted: 11/13/2009 5:09:41 AM
mister meena, my experience was roughly similar, only longer lasting. I did 3 years with this great woman but the price I would have had to "pay" was my conversion to Islam to marry her and that, I could not do expecially after studying the religion to know it to see if I could actually do it.
I fough long and hard, I became an expert on it, I even travelled her country 3 times to know it better. My goodwill was defeated again and again by reality.
 Diabolikk
Msg: 206 (view)

join the army and go to Afghanistan
Posted: 11/5/2009 7:49:48 AM

Yes America does need to protect the oil fields for the western society as does Britain. The main reason is to prevent the Taliban getting a foot hold in Pakistan which happens to be a nuclear country. If that was to happen and they launched a first strike at Europe, you would be one of the first to be screaming "why didn't we do something sooner"

Sad that people take a shallow view on such a serious threat.

Good words but it's not "sad"; it's suicidal but differently from suicide, this wont just "kill" the person that thinks that but the whole nation around it.
 Diabolikk
Msg: 203 (view)

Posted: 11/5/2009 6:33:51 AM

Cor! Blimey!! not one of you poofters has asked why Old Blighty is in Afghanistan in the first. Just blindly go and ask no questions.

...?
...you must have missed the previous 9 pages where people debated their opinions...
 Diabolikk
Msg: 9 (view)

Ethnicity, Sex, Religion even income - all distinct on profiles - Should Politics be included?
Posted: 11/5/2009 5:41:54 AM
...I am not sure; a lot of vitality in a relationship comes from having different views and hence being able to have debates leading to a playfight leading to the bed...

Jokes aside, no, I don't think political views should be included unless the profile owner wants to state them.
 Diabolikk
Msg: 12 (view)

Is Obama working beyond the Obamania?
Posted: 11/5/2009 5:38:10 AM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/8341540.stm

The bubble has burst.

Republicans have scored victories in two key US elections for governor, one year after Barack Obama was voted in as president.

In Virginia, Republican candidate Bob McDonnell won by a comfortable margin, while another, Chris Christie, ousted the Democrat governor in New Jersey.

In New York, independent Mayor Michael Bloomberg narrowly won a third term over Democrat challenger Bill Thompson.

But Democrats won a traditionally Republican House seat in New York.

Correspondents say the gubernatorial defeats are a setback for Mr Obama, who had campaigned in both states for his party's candidates, as he tries to reform healthcare, pass a climate change bill and rally support for his handling of the war in Afghanistan.
 Diabolikk
Msg: 199 (view)

Posted: 11/5/2009 2:33:26 AM

Surely you realise that is going to happen regardless of where our troops are or how many Afghans are killed?

which means we should fight them wherever we find them, be it "here" or "there" or anywhere.
 Diabolikk
Msg: 17 (view)

How long should we view a profile & what three things do you look for in a person and their profile?
Posted: 11/5/2009 2:18:56 AM
1- Finger in mouth = next profile please.
2-Tongue out = next profile please.
3- Text speak = next profile please.
 Diabolikk
Msg: 197 (view)

Posted: 11/5/2009 2:17:14 AM

Second if we get out, we dont stop fighting, we only change *where* we will have to fight them, there is large number of fanatics who its not poss to comprimise with, so we either sit out there, kill them quicker than than they are repalced, where its realtivly easy for them to come fight our mil, or we come home, and wait for them to work out how to come here and kill civilinas in large numbers when they do work out which looks like the best place to cause mass casualties.

Great words.
 Diabolikk
Msg: 183 (view)

Posted: 11/4/2009 2:04:13 AM
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/Afghanistan/article6902365.ece

5 more died yesterday...
 Diabolikk
Msg: 10 (view)

Lisbon Treaty – can we get rid of a few hundred politicians?
Posted: 11/3/2009 12:41:11 PM
I think we should reduce them to about half that there are now but the money we would save for this (I think) will only go to expand the parliament in Brussel.

I hope that if we are (as we are) pushed into this superstate, make it that superstate at least has a strong parliament. (it's a wish, no need to list the reasons why it is not now)

Joneeboy msg #2

What do you call 100 politicians at the bottom of the Thames…a start!

Diabolikk

THREAD PREFERENCE
Posted: 11/3/2009 12:33:16 PM
I posted a thread a few days ago, regarding that 71 yo Brit that was on the papers for having a 25 yo wife who has just given him twins and about a man in Somalia, 112 marrying a girl of 17 (and he's already got a number of wife and kids) saying he wanted to settle down with this new wife.
I thought it was a good Friday morning joke on randy golden oldies.
Bang. Zapped. Gone. Bum.
I didn't understand why (this stuff was on major papers , bbc etc) but just thought how odd and moved on. I think we just missed an opportunity for a bit of a joke.

I've never been suspended, banned, warned etc but I'm not sure that's even worth imposing as such. All those rules... I always thought that if someone is out of order then yes, ban by all means but it's gotta be a harassment thing. For the rest, I wouldn't bother; let the difficult people be ignored or antagonised depending on the mood of posters; after all if there are clowns, it's good to laugh at their comedy.

I prefer open current affair debate or flirty stuff and I think there's some of both too here.
 diabolikk
Msg: 15 (view)

Boys and their toys: latest GTA on Xbox only...why!
Posted: 10/30/2009 7:15:50 PM
Great, if I get it right then, basically I'm screwed, if I want to play all the GTA, I need to buy an xbox.

Why am I not laughing?
 Diabolikk
Msg: 7 (view)

Posted: 10/30/2009 7:05:33 AM
I AM NOT GOING TO BUY ONE! (I am screaming at myself, I need to repeat this continously today as I will pass 2 games shops on my way to work)

I AM NOT GOING TO BUY ONE!I AM NOT GOING TO BUY ONE!I AM NOT GOING TO BUY ONE!I AM NOT GOING TO BUY ONE!I AM NOT GOING TO BUY ONE!I AM NOT GOING TO BUY ONE!I AM NOT GOING TO BUY ONE!I AM NOT GOING TO BUY ONE!I AM NOT GOING TO BUY ONE!I AM NOT GOING TO BUY ONE!

...please Diabolikk...just don't do it! (it's not the money; it's the rip-off that hurts!)

why do I hear voices in my head?
 Diabolikk
Msg: 2 (view)

Posted: 10/30/2009 6:30:18 AM
...somebody say something...help me...rescue me from this suicidal willingness to go spend £180 today...as much as I despise myself for falling for this racket, I might just go buy one today...absurd!
 Diabolikk
Msg: 72 (view)

Why is it that apparently any type of music is deemed as acceptable apart from metal
Posted: 10/30/2009 6:28:28 AM
Well...when I had enough hair to do it, I was a heavy metal kid...now, I still love the music but cannot do the head thing anymore.
Still, the air guitar needs no long hair, I do have something left

(I used to love Iron Maiden, worship Kiss and adore LA Guns)
 Diabolikk
Msg: 91 (view)

Religion -should it be banned from educational establishments.
Posted: 10/30/2009 6:26:19 AM
Well, my take is that in Europe, we rightly left religious power on society behind at the beginning of this century but as we now have spent so much time making all sorts of allowances for Islam, without challenging it intellectually, we have now given it the space to bite back lawfully.

Make no mistake; it's our doing and when it will become law, we will be throwing away decades of secularism.
 Diabolikk
Msg: 89 (view)

Religion -should it be banned from educational establishments.
Posted: 10/30/2009 5:34:13 AM
Well, two things:
1) there is a march tomorrow in london, by Islam4uk, to advocate shariah law for the Uk and
2) the UN is now, in this very moment, discussing further legislation (and this WILL BE proper legislation) against criticism of religion.

http://www.christianpost.com/article/20091022/expert-u-n-resolution-would-create-global-blasphemy-law/index.html

Soon, it will no longer be possible to criticise religion.

http://www.google.co.uk/search?sourceid=navclient&hl=en-GB&ie=UTF-8&rlz=1T4GGLL_en-GBGB323GB323&q=un+discuss+blasphemy+laws
 Diabolikk
Msg: 3 (view)

The mafia in the uk
Posted: 10/30/2009 4:49:17 AM
I'm just baffled by the casualness of it all, did you see the video? He walks in, he walks out, shoots the guy twice, doesn't even bother to conceal his identity too much and he's gone...all the while the lady isn't too bothered and continues scratching the lottery card.
 Diabolikk
Msg: 1 (view)

The mafia in the uk
Posted: 10/30/2009 4:07:04 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2erEXM2zI_4

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standard/article-23762588-executed-by-the-mob-naples-turns-blind-eye-as-killer-strikes.do

Has anyone seen "Gomorrah" the film from Robert Saviano about the current state of things in Italy's mafia ridden south?

They kill in broad day light.
They kill immigrants that do not obey.
They kill locals that don't "know better".
They kill each-other for power before they kill others for money.
They kill today and there seems to be nothing the state can really do.

...and some of them are here amongst us. For real.
http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/view/66269/UK-on-alert-over-Mafia-turf-wars/

UK ON ALERT OVER MAFIA TURF WARS
ABOVE: Fear as Italian mobsters move to the UK 18th January 2009 By Jonathan Corke

BRUTAL turf wars could explode in the UK between Italy’s most feared Mafia gangs, police said yesterday.

And we can reveal that members of both the Camorra and Calabria Mafia are already living and operating here.

For the past 18 months officers from the Serious Organised Crime Agency (SOCA) have been trying to track down and trace at least five Camorra mobsters.

Police believe they are based in Lancashire and could spark turf wars and commit serious “high level” crimes.

Intelligence indicates that members of the rival Calabria Mafia – more discreet but every bit as ruthless – also operate in the North of England.

A source said: “They are two of Italy’s most hardened Mafia gangs and if they come across each other anywhere there could be serious bloodshed.”

The five Camorra members in Lancashire are understood to have links to two other prominent mobsters who lived here but are now behind bars.

Mafia “godfather” Gennaro Panzuto, 34, lived in a £200,000 rented semi in Catterall, near Garstang, Lancs, when he was arrested 18 months ago.

He had fled to the UK in 2006 following a bloody turf war in Naples and was wanted over four murders.

Associate Giuseppe Persico, 34, lived in nearby Chorley for two years, before being arrested in Portugal and extradited to face serious charges.

Last night Lancashire police took the unusual step of appealing for information on the Camorra suspects – who may have used budget airlines to “slip off the radar” as they travelled to the UK.

Lancashire police warned: “These people could be involved in serious and organised crime at the highest level and we would ask anyone who knows who they are to contact us immediately.

“We are convinced there are people in Lancashire who have knowledge of individuals linked to the Italian Mafia.”

The Naples-based Camorra – the most brutal of all Italian Mafia gangs – makes its money from extortion, money-laundering and drugs and has been blamed for 4,000 murders in the past 30 years.

Not even the Sicilian “Cosa Nostra”, which hit the headlines in the UK when it was revealed that Manchester housewife Ann Hathaway, 45, was married to one its top mobsters, is as ruthless.

The Calabria – based south of Naples – is notoriously hard to infiltrate because it is linked by blood ties and marriage.

Italian criminologist Franco Rizzuto said: “The Camorra is different from the Sicilian Mafia. They are more brutal.”

A police source said: “It is paramount we catch these individuals.

“The worst case scenario would be a clash with another gang.”

How would you fight this menace?
 Diabolikk
Msg: 1 (view)

Posted: 10/30/2009 3:12:12 AM
I am fuming this morning…can somebody tell me why this rip-off is allowed?
Second last GTA (that’s Grand Theft Auto for you) was “exclusive” on PS portable and you had to buy one of those to play it. (I didn’t)

Last GTA game was “exclusive” on PS3 and you had to have one if you wanted to play it. (I bought it to the tune of £300 as it was the logical step forward from the PS2)

And the latest GTA is now only available on…XBOX!!! This costs about £180.

Now, I am not a game nut and you could say I only play GTA as I like that kind of game but surely this shouldn’t be allowed? Why would we have to buy a different console every time?
Bad, bad and crafty business here.

(For the non-connoisseurs, GTA is probably the best series of games and it has a huge following worldwide. You’re probably seeing plenty of ads now.)
 Diabolikk
Msg: 23 (view)

SUGGESTING A DATE
Posted: 10/29/2009 2:45:41 AM
I've never liked the "up for it" expression; I prefer "willing to share"...and no, I don't think someone asking to meet is willing to share; I just think they're willing to explore possibilities. After all, one can chat/text/email forever but nothing compares to actually meeting the person and seeing the realitity of it all.
 Diabolikk
Msg: 10 (view)

Dating people you haven't met online
Posted: 10/29/2009 2:42:51 AM
wow...totally the opposite here (and for most men I suspect)...there is such dog-eat-dog competition on dating sites that it's far easier to get a date out of someone I meet at work or socially.
To think about it, I don't think I've actually ever met anyone out of PoF, not at the beginning when I had a long profile, detailed and fun to read, not now that is a short'n'sharp thing regarding forums.
 Diabolikk
Msg: 98 (view)

?
Posted: 10/27/2009 3:13:02 PM
Nope, never had an e-crush really...but I don't suppose it would be bad, actually the mystery would probably add to it. Often, fantasy is better than reality...
 Diabolikk
Msg: 108 (view)

Airport body scanner optional, whats the point?
Posted: 10/18/2009 3:12:14 AM

now lets see this thread is about airport scanners. And nothing to do with Islam? Your post.

...please follow the threads properly, this was in discussion and reference to the paralels mentioned by KarmaSuitsYou.

and the qur'an is brought into play nice touch isamaphobe

A phobia is a fear, fear is borne out of ignorance of something. I am no ignorant on the matter, I know it well. Clearly better than you do. So, no phobia here, just awareness. Nice touch, Islamofile.

...another piece of total un-knowledge follows

im sure the bible and the torah have no such verses.

..and they are?
But beware, I am not Jewish so I am not interested in the Torah or the Old Testament so, I will welcome comparisons with the New Testament if you like. Ready when you are.

how about the over million killed in Iraq in a couple of years

Reference please? (Or is it just a number you've casually thrown in there?)
Also, killed by who?

15 thousand killed in a day in Srebrenica

By who? (and on this subject, who evenctually came to the resque of muslims in former Yugoslavia? Go on, you know the answer and it's not an Arab/Muslim country...)

6 million killed in a few years in the 40's

...and the relevance to what we are talking about is?...
and anyway, did you forget that the Gran Mufti of Gerusalem visiting the Nazi SS muslim bosniac division in Berlin?

1500 women and children butchered in a week in Gaza

...are you throwing subject at random? What is the connection or the relevance to this thread?...but your posts are elementary so, here; butchered by who? and why? By Hamad et al, throwing rockets when there is no war just to start one? By kidnapping Israeli soldiers (Gilad Shalit is still being kept prisoner!!) just to provoke the enemy?

now lets see who did these dastardly deeds yep the Muslims eh diabolikk sad islamaphobe

...you tell me, who did these deeds?
Sad? No, I'm actually rather chirpy happy chappy today, I'm just off for lunch then a spot of shopping in TK maxx then some well deserved relax.
Islamophone? I explained above.

Your posts are simple minded, Islamophile. They are are the greatest disservice to any religion or argument being discussed. Absks posts would be proud of yours.
 Diabolikk
Msg: 22 (view)

Leona Lewis 'punched' at signing !!
Posted: 10/16/2009 5:19:18 AM
Well...by all means, charge the offender but after all, these people would do anything for "celebrity" and celebrity often comes with a price.
It doesn't mean you should get punched in the face for it but at the end of the day, you've made yourself a public figure right? So, here's Joe Public...
 Diabolikk
Msg: 100 (view)

Posted: 10/16/2009 4:22:21 AM
Lancetyrell #81

My main concern is about radiation exposure for frequent flyers...(Including crew)

That’s a possibility but maybe it could be exaggerated like the radiations from mobile telephones. My take is that if they are trialling it, they must know the effect of it; I would be very inclined to think they do not want to be mass-sued after all.

Shiningblackstar #82

damn there are i must have have missed that on your postings on here.

No problem; that is probably because you’re the only one trying to kick this ball in a racial way. No-one else is, just you. Why? You like seeing things that way?

yeah that highly trained terrorist; anybody got a match lol

Precisely, what are you “lol”ing about? The fact that he failed because he wasn’t fast enough to trigger it? It’s sad you find this funny, I wonder how funny it was for the people on the plane.

i have mates who work for security firms at an airport and if you think scanners alone are the answer then your living in cloud cuckoo land . ill give you an example not long ago someone got suspended for smoking a spliff under a plane he was supposed to be guarding.
and who can forget the illegal immigrants working for a cleaning company at the airport.

Where do I say, indeed where does anyone say here, that “scanners alone” can offer security? Or is it just another ball you’re throwing in the middle due to lack of adequate debating skills?
Also, because some people behave wrong, does that make the tool in itself wrong? People drive bad, let’s ban cars?

remember Rotterdam. Muslims abusing children conveniently forgetting Mr fritze some of the threads you have started need i go on?

Your posting style reminds me of absks, no sense whatsoever. Go re-read that thread.

KarmaSuitsYa #83
Yes, let’s look at parallels:

In 35 years, the IRA killed 1,775 people and wounded thousands more….

In 35 years, well said…9/11 was one day only and it killed…?
http://cain.ulst.ac.uk/issues/violence/death95w.htm

in the 8 years since the invasion of Afghanistan, there have been 42 deaths in this country as a result of terrorism.

As you know, it’s not this country alone that is affected so, yes, let’s see more parallels:

Try this: 19 Muslim hijackers killed more innocents in two hours on September 11th than the number of American criminals executed in the last 65 years.
http://www.deathpenaltyinfo.org/ESPYdate.pdf

or this: More people are killed by Islamists each year than in all 350 years of the Spanish Inquisition combined.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spanish_Inquisition

or maybe this parallel?
Islamic terrorists murder more people everyday than the Ku Klux Klan has in the last 50 years.
http://www.law.umkc.edu/faculty/projects/ftrials/shipp/lynchingyear.html

It's all about Iraq, isn't it?
Yep, it's all about Iraq and...

India and the Sudan and Algeria and Afghanistan and New York and Pakistan and Israel and Russia and Chechnya and the Philippines and Indonesia and Nigeria and England and Thailand and Spain and Egypt and Bangladesh and Saudi Arabia and Ingushetia and Dagestan and Turkey and Morocco and Yemen and Lebanon and France and Uzbekistan and Gaza and Tunisia and Kosovo and Bosnia and Mauritania and Kenya and Eritrea and Syria and Somalia and California and Kuwait and Virginia and Ethiopia and Iran and Jordan and United Arab Emirates and Louisiana and Texas and Tanzania and Germany and Australia and Pennsylvania and Belgium and Denmark and East Timor and Qatar and Maryland and Tajikistan and the Netherlands and Scotland and Chad and Canada and China and Nepal and the Maldives and Argentina and Mali and Angola and...
...and pretty much wherever Islamism is taken seriously:
Ask yourself, why does it seem to be a problem for all those countries?
I’ll give you a hint:
"O ye who believe! Fight those of the disbelievers who
are near to you, and let them find harshness in you,
and know that Allah is with those who keep their duty"
Qur'an, Sura 9:123

So my question to you is this... given that we faced a far more implacable foe,…

No, we didn’t and by now it is clear.

Now, I agree with your point below:

I mentioned civil liberties... and it's something that a lot of people cite in this debate as a reason for concern. But for me, that's not the real issue. As far as I'm concerned, we have very few [if any] REAL liberties anyway, that can't be taken away from us whenever the government feel like it. It's been the cornerstone of my fight against the state for nearly 20 years now - and for me, it's just a case of 'same sh1t, different day'. Nothing has changed. We're still only free to 'do as we're told' and we're still considered as property to the people and organisations that control our lives.

I agree our civil liberties are being eroded, I agree we are losing our way, I agree we should be defending those hard fought liberties more but I hope you will agree that turning the other check hasn’t worked.

I also very (very) much agree that

My objections are where all this state of fear and heightened security is going to lead us and the consequences of it in years to come.

But what alternative do we have at the moment?
I don’t like it any more than you do to be subject to intrusive camera surveillance, airport crazy security etc etc but again, we are not confronted by an opponent that will fight us on a battlefield, we are against someone that will bomb innocents, that will down airplanes etc so, nasty as it is, we can only fight back.
It will cost us a lot, it is costing us a lot, it goes against the way we want to have our societies organised, I agree with you 100% there but unless we find a different and better way to fight this, this is what we must do.

Let me explain with an example. It might be a little bit longwinded - but I promise you I'll try and keep it brief.

Gee…look at my reply; don’t apologise, I am not being better than you in terms of shortness 

Encircling and imprisoning the palestinians behind the high tech security walls and military checkpoionts.
I was following with interest and semi-nodding in agreement until this sentence. No, here you’re wrong, the walls etc are there to stop suicide bombers. I know, I have visited Israel and seen them and seen the difference those barriers are making. It is since then that the tactics have changed and the various Jihadis launch rockets on Sderot instead. (anyway, let me continue reading…)

…they are now the world model in a counter terrorism state.

By necessity. Wouldn’t you want your government, your state, to develop every conceivable way to defend/protect you?

So... I hear you saying 'nice lecture Karma, but what the bollix does this have to do with scanners at airports?'

No..no..we may disagree on a few issues but I see you have reasoned thoughts on the subject, unlike various empty-heads pontificating over something they have no idea of. I do not agree with you but it is interesting and challenging reading.

We're no longer interested in pursuing peaceful resolutions to our disagreements with other nations.
as I say above, I disagree with your Palestine/Israel assessment but this thread is about airport scanners and you know we could be talking about Israel for 3 days instead. I’ll accept that is the way you see it, I don’t but we’ll leave it at that before the moderators delete the thread.

We're no longer interested in pursuing peaceful resolutions to our disagreements with other nations.

It takes two to tango…

So... if you welcome measures like increased CCTV, scanners at airports, monitoring of correspondance, increased police powers, national ID cards and biometric passports etc... what you're saying is not 'I want to feel safe on an plane' - what you're actually saying is 'it's ok to treat other people like sh1t as long as we're protected from the consequences'.

In so many words, yes unfortunately.

Like I said already, we don’t agree but it’s been good reading you. At least, you seem to think first. I just wish other observer of these issues would too.
 diabolikk
Msg: 77 (view)

Posted: 10/15/2009 6:10:20 AM

i work at the airport and ive never heard of a terrorist being stoped by a scanner anywhere at any airport in the world any of you people care to site a source where one terrorist has been caught by a scanner?

So, why don't you ask your manager to explain to you why there is such security at the airports? You sure shouldn't need reminding of (one example) the shoe bomber...wouldn't you wish he had been scanned?

trust diabolikk to come up with the islamophobic rant as per que not like him at all lol

Would you be kind enough to explain where is my post Islamophobic?

It's obvious, from your earlier post, that you do contemplate racial profiling, so, a hint of racism is there to be seen.
Now do the same and tell me where my post is Islamophobic.
 Diabolikk
Msg: 76 (view)

Posted: 10/15/2009 5:16:19 AM

why not have scanner outside every brown/black persons house and scan them everytime they leave their house surely that would save the hassle of having them at the airport and inconveniencing everybody?

Your racial profiling is a bit...well...racist.
I am sure you will be aware that there are aplenty of white terrorists, are you not?
 Diabolikk
Msg: 74 (view)

Posted: 10/15/2009 3:20:03 AM
KarmaSuitsYa #50

…that they're all out to get us and we're all going to die.

It’s not as if they haven’t tried already, it’s not as if they’re not trying now, in this very moment, it’s not as if they haven’t told us in every possible way…nope, it’s just that we don’t believe them. It’s funny how we don’t believe that someone that has given us a slap wont do it again even if they say they will do it again…

This part is amazing…

Now, I don't know about you but that doesn't sound to me like there are a whole lot of people out there planning to send themselves to heaven as a big red smear across the sky.

One is enough, don’t you think?
Besides the fact that your figures, if anything, actually prove that there is a case for tough security, are you saying that we can take the odd plane brought down with a couple of hundred innocents in, as a fair price to pay so that we are not scanned in an airport?

...homeland security is now an enormous business. It's the new 'bubble' - and people are not going to sanction or tolerate such a huge expenditure in their lives, especially not in the current financial climate, if they're not scared. It's a con... pure and simple... government and corporations are playing on our fears to make money from us. It's another way to take more for themselves and leave less for everybody else. Now... you might be happy to buy into that but my opinion... and it is just my opinion, is that it's wrong.

Just think, if they had scanners on the trains to Madrid, Bali’s discoteques, Casaslanca Coffee Bars, Tel Aviv shopping centers (which they do) London Underground, Moscow theatres, Beslam school…imagine how many lives would have been saved…and please quit this “it’s our fault because of the war” as the Islamic extremism was well alive and kicking before the war and before 9/11.
Please realise it’s not just us in this, it’s the whole world!

What did Morocco do to deserve 40 odd killed in Casablanca? What did the Turkish do to deserve the bombs in Istambul? What did Insonesia do to deserve the repeated bombing of Bali’s clubs? Which of these countries (I could go on but I hope you are understanding by now) do to deserve these acts of mass murder? They didn’t invade Iraq/Afghanistan…so…what did they do?

Anyone who has looked into 9/11 in any depth has to admit that there is at least grounds for suspicion that things were not all they seemed there... so under that rationale I'd be reluctant to accept the official version as unquestioned fact.

The FBI, the CIA, The Homeland Security, the NYPD, New York Fire Brigades authority, various agencies, all the (potent!) US media, law firms…they all had a good look and guess what, no-one validated the conspiracy theory.
Ask yourself why.

As far as I'm concerned, our propensity, as a nation, for treating the symptoms and not the cause of a problem, is the biggest mistake we make in our society. It's people like yourself with their 'I'm alright Jack, sod the rest of you' attitude and blind, unquestioning gullibility and servility to the powers that be that are at the root of all that is wrong in our world today.

…what are the causes of this problem?

xxDonnaDiAxx msg #69

oh no

how dare they make me go through a scanner I demand my civil liberties even if I doing so i endanger thousands as I'm the only person i'm concerned about

/end thread.

Or how to boil the whole tread down to one intelligent comment.
Brava!

Chopper msg #71

...the stuff that comes through airports in handbags and stuffed up peoples arses aint worth worrying about..

…unless you’re the parent of someone killed by it.

Bombs in trains, aeroplanes, cafes and shopping centers.
Commandos attacks in hotels and schools.
Threats issues in every possible way.

Just what more do they have to do for us to accept they mean it?
I insist, it must be dead disappointing for terrorists to see that no matter what they do, we prefer to bury our heads.

If airtravel can be made more secure and actually faster by these scanners, welcome!
The case of civil liberties really doesn't stand up here.

At least, that's how I see it.
 Diabolikk
Msg: 72 (view)

Posted: 10/15/2009 1:32:19 AM
KarmaSuitsYa #50

…that they're all out to get us and we're all going to die.{/quote]
It’s not as if they haven’t tried already, it’s not as if they’re not trying now, in this very moment, it’s not as if they haven’t told us in every possible way…nope, it’s just that we don’t believe them. It’s funny how we don’t believe that someone that has given us a slap wont do it again even if they say they will do it again…

This part is amazing…

Now, I don't know about you but that doesn't sound to me like there are a whole lot of people out there planning to send themselves to heaven as a big red smear across the sky.

One is enough, don’t you think?
Besides the fact that your figures, if anything, actually prove that there is a case for tough security, are you saying that we can take the odd plane brought down with a couple of hundred innocents in, as a fair price to pay so that we are not scanned in an airport?

homeland security is now an enormous business. It's the new 'bubble' - and people are not going to sanction or tolerate such a huge expenditure in their lives, especially not in the current financial climate, if they're not scared. It's a con... pure and simple... government and corporations are playing on our fears to make money from us. It's another way to take more for themselves and leave less for everybody else. Now... you might be happy to buy into that but my opinion... and it is just my opinion, is that it's wrong.

Just think, if they had scanners on the trains to Madrid, Bali’s discoteques, Casaslanca Coffee Bars, Tel Aviv shopping centers (which they do) London Underground, Moscow theatres, Beslam school…imagine how many lives would have been saved…and please quit this “it’s our fault because of the war” as the Islamic extremism was well alive and kicking before the war and before 9/11.
Please realise it’s not just us in this, it’s the whole world!

What did Morocco do to deserve 40 odd killed in Casablanca? What did the Turkish do to deserve the bombs in Istambul? What did Insonesia do to deserve the repeated bombing of Bali’s clubs? Which of these countries (I could go on but I hope you are understanding by now) do to deserve these acts of mass murder? They didn’t invade Iraq/Afghanistan…so…what did they do?

Anyone who has looked into 9/11 in any depth has to admit that there is at least grounds for suspicion that things were not all they seemed there... so under that rationale I'd be reluctant to accept the official version as unquestioned fact.

The FBI, the CIA, The Homeland Security, the NYPD, New York Fire Brigades authority, various agencies, all the (potent!) US media, law firms…they all had a good look and guess what, no-one validated the conspiracy theory.
Ask yourself why.

As far as I'm concerned, our propensity, as a nation, for treating the symptoms and not the cause of a problem, is the biggest mistake we make in our society. It's people like yourself with their 'I'm alright Jack, sod the rest of you' attitude and blind, unquestioning gullibility and servility to the powers that be that are at the root of all that is wrong in our world today.

…what are the causes of this problem?

xxDonnaDiAxx msg #69

oh no

how dare they make me go through a scanner I demand my civil liberties even if I doing so i endanger thousands as I'm the only person i'm concerned about

/end thread.

Or how to boil the whole tread down to one intelligent comment.
Brava!

Chopper msg #71

...the stuff that comes through airports in handbags and stuffed up peoples arses aint worth worrying about..

…unless you’re the parent of someone killed by it.

Bombs in trains, aeroplanes, cafes and shopping centers.
Commandos attacks in hotels and schools.
Threats issues in every possible way.

Just what more do they have to do for us to accept they mean it? I insist, it must be dead disappointing for terrorists to see that no matter what they do, we prefer to bury our heads.

If airtravel can be made more secure and actually faster by these scanners, welcome!
The case of civil liberties really doesn't stand up here.

At least, that's how I see it.
 Diabolikk
Msg: 39 (view)

Posted: 10/14/2009 1:12:38 AM
Better be safe than sorry...and reading some of the absurd comments, we should install these scanners outside every door of every home; if you haven't got a brain, you shouldn't be let out.

Personally, I am amazed at the total refusal to recognise we have a deadly enemy hell bent in harming us.
It must be dead disappointing being a terrorist; no matter what you do, there will always be someone either blaming Israel or insisting you're not a real threat.

Job satisfaction amongst Al Qaida must be at an all-time low.
 Diabolikk
Msg: 31 (view)

Jackson Jive
Posted: 10/9/2009 5:43:44 AM

'White Chicks' where two detectives go undercover by dressing as two spoilt rotten wealthy white women is one of the funniest films I've seen.

Bingo. Perfect.

Has anyone seen that (holliwood) movie? It was fun and as a white person, I didn't find it offensive in the slightest. It was quite humorous to actually see two macho-ish black guys trying impersonate two posh white girls.
 Diabolikk
Msg: 15 (view)

Jackson Jive
Posted: 10/9/2009 1:51:58 AM
I saw it.

I saw satire and comedy which are both invented to provoke laugher but I didn't see RACISM (why did you use a whole capital word?)

I really don't see the offence; if a group of black artists would want to impersonate a white person, how would they do that? Would you seriously be offended if they put white make-up on?
And like Zeegary said, would it then be racist if a black performer wanted to impersonate Led zeppelin in a tribute band?

Comedy is also there to break barriers down and make people relax and laugh about themselves and not take things too seriously.

The actual act wasn't great comedy, just Aussie humor and not very good at it but no, racist it wasn't.
 Diabolikk
Msg: 87 (view)

Friends with Benefits.....What are the benefits?
Posted: 9/29/2009 1:12:38 AM
Umhh...I actually like the idea :-)
 diabolikk
Msg: 6 (view)

facebook whats the deal?
Posted: 9/9/2009 9:01:01 AM
I like Facebook.
Once you get rid of most of the applications, it's actually a good place to keep in touch with friends and family...and it's so cute to be found by some long lost school friend; it really is.
 diabolikk
Msg: 39 (view)

Sending young men and women to war
Posted: 8/31/2009 1:01:35 PM
I would keep them away from front line duties until they're 21 however, at that age they are activists and idealists...and it makes them laugh to be judged by has-beens and never-beens.
The arrogance of youth is beautyful.
 diabolikk
Msg: 74 (view)

Who is in the wrong? Affairs within Marriage
Posted: 8/26/2009 9:44:21 AM
Wow...I thought this was a 5 comments max thread.

I thought it was pretty straight forward; the moment you say "I do" you mean to be momogamous...and if later you find you are not happy, you divorce.
(unless you are with somebody on compassionate/medical grounds)
 diabolikk
Msg: 25 (view)

Are we creating a more insular society?
Posted: 8/26/2009 9:39:27 AM
I think it's many things leading to an insular direction.

Less shops in the community and hence less meeting points for local people within walking distance of their homes.

Cyber-interaction rather than real-life rapport, which keeps people home and often alone.

Ever growing diverse society where people tolerate others without finding anything in common to share.

The roads and streets being taken over by cars and hence abandoned by people.

and finally the economic/financial pressure on every individual.
 diabolikk
Msg: 12 (view)

No more Big Brother
Posted: 8/26/2009 9:23:35 AM
Goodbye freakshow, hope never to see poop like this on TV ever again.

Show ALL Forums