Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: seems like the older crowd of guys here are only looking for sex
 Moonlassie
Msg: 68 (view)

seems like the older crowd of guys here are only looking for sex
Posted: 11/25/2011 8:55:46 PM
You need to earn a few things also laddie.
 Moonlassie
Msg: 67 (view)

seems like the older crowd of guys here are only looking for sex
Posted: 11/25/2011 8:52:47 PM
For some reason I had it in my head that an older man would be past the tripe of searching for sex over and over again. And I felt an older man would be a wiser man. But have found that with my experience here, that the older guy has left a long term marriage and suddenly feels like a young billy goat and romps around from one hit to another. Or I should say he was put out of a long term marriage, most likely for the same reason he is on here. This astonished me at first when it happen to me with a rather kind appearing man. When I found that he was continuing to surf for women while we were dating it crushed me. But he is still on here, still doing the same thing although he claims on facebook that he is in a relationship. So I figured that he is just a user, combing the social dating scene for women to carve notches on his belt. The saddest thing of all is that he covers up a grave flaw with trinkets and flowers and dinners out. He was very dishonest and expects you to be totally honest with him. The flaw did not turn me away and I tried to be understanding, but his continual trolling was what ruined the situation for me. It made me sad to see his pitiful attempts to lie just so he could feel like he was still in the game. Kind of sad.
 Moonlassie
Msg: 9 (view)

christmas presents
Posted: 1/5/2008 12:48:53 PM
Ross & Simon has all the things that would make a girl's eyes light up. I bought myself an very classy old world beaded eighteen karat gold ring. My favortie fragrances and plan to join a gym.
 Moonlassie
Msg: 10 (view)

Do I have recourse?
Posted: 1/5/2008 12:01:26 PM
How many times in life have you seen an injustice go unpunished? How many times has the criminal walked? You are living proof that some things in life are not fair, at best questionable, and down right dishonest. What you do have , is control over what you think, and how you respond. These folks have dirty hands, no ammount of washing will clean them. So ask yourself if a new job will be a better enviornment, will you be dealing with people who play their hand of cards above the table. And what will all this stress do to you? It does not matter if one person or five hundred think or do not think you are gay. Besides it may have been a bald face lie , said just to upset you. You give this person that has caused you so much grief, a lot of credit that he does not deserve. If it crawls like a snake and it bites like a snake, guess what? It must be a snake. My mother always said, you cannot lay down with dogs and get up without fleas. These creatures that call themselves middle management are not worth fifteen minutes of your precious time. They have attacked you in this setting because your work can't be attacked. And they have scored big time to cause you all this grief. Your mental health and own well being are far more valuable than this type of alley fighting only to end up battered and jaded in the future. It is time to think of you and what you will take from this experience. Our parents don't raise us up to deal with the pitt dog of life, but he comes looking for us and often does find us. And we are never ready for that. We measure others by our own measuring stick, we think that if we would not harm someone, well they will not harm us. Well think again Ladd.
 Moonlassie
Msg: 7 (view)

Do I have recourse?
Posted: 1/4/2008 10:15:04 PM
As I see it, the problem you will have is associating the rude inquiry made in a social setting to the loss of wages. Most likely the man making the inquiry will deny it, and the company will state that they know nothing of such an inquiry. Then they will have to justify the wage reduction., and most likely they have lawyers versed in this type of under the table dealing. They will not defend anything that was done on social time, and if you were drinking alcohol, they will say that you misunderstood what was said because of the alcohol use. I will admit that the whole thing smells badly and that it is a situation that can not be proved. They know that and will admit to nothing. So I would take my time and my talent to another place of business where I was valued and appreciated. You might also consider that the statement made by the supervisor in the social setting may have been designed to embarras you so much that you would resign, on your own. The company will never admit fault and you will be spending loads of money and may evern loose the case. Companys usually have a lawyer on staff or hired ot handle their cases and have lots more money to throw at the case than an individual.
You have to know when to pick your battles. This one will be costly and you still may not be able to make your point or win your case. If this is how the business is run then you really don't need to spend your talents making them look good. Do yourself the biggest favor you can and find a good job and leave them empty handed when you are ready to leave. They are not worth the time and trouble you are allowing them in your life. Would you really want to continue with a company that does this to people? Who will next find the cold steel stelleto sticking out of their ribs and look down and see themselves bleeding having not seen the hand that stabbed them. Besides wheather you are gay or not is not a question you have to answer. You should have laughed at him and said, why do you ask? are you feeling that your manhood is being threatened? The friend who suggested that the supervisor may be fishing to find out if you are gay because he happends to be himself, may be correct. Wonder what he would have done if you had said, Well that is classified information and if I tell you I will have to shoot you, and walked away. Don't be offended by other peoples stupidity.

Show ALL Forums