Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Talking about sex before even meeting
 URLOVEY
Msg: 115 (view)

Talking about sex before even meeting
Posted: 5/2/2009 8:00:00 PM
I know this is an old thread, but my 2 cents... I would end communication right away. I am a human female...not just an animal...sex is cheap and I can get that anywhere...let me get to know you and you me before we even CONSIDER sex conversations.
There is nothing left to the imagination anymore is there?
 URLOVEY
Msg: 2 (view)

ok so i made a bad first impression
Posted: 12/15/2008 7:46:09 PM
Y didnt you use your mac card to pay?
 URLOVEY

Am I being led on?
Posted: 12/15/2008 7:39:25 PM
She is grimey, leave her alone!
 URLOVEY
Msg: 7 (view)

What's up with that?
Posted: 10/2/2008 6:46:40 AM
How does a QT like you not have the girls banging down your door would be my question.
 URLOVEY
Msg: 12 (view)

Changing others' perceptions of yourself?
Posted: 10/1/2008 7:35:04 PM
you may never change their perceptions. But, once they see you out dating they may change... However, they are probably very comfortable with the old maid they had for a friend and are not going to give her up that easily.

SIDE NOTE: CONGRATS ON THE SELF IMPROVEMENT!
 URLOVEY
Msg: 4 (view)

If I could understand this I would die a happy man.
Posted: 10/1/2008 7:30:06 PM
As a woman I would need to know more...but it could quite possibly be a money thing. Or it could be that she liked gettin pretty for herself. I have been alone for a while now and I still wear makeup and perfume and shave even though no man will be lying next to me tonight to know the difference. I just wanna feel good about me for me!
 URLOVEY
Msg: 61 (view)

Speaking of deal breakers...Do you consider this to be one??
Posted: 10/1/2008 4:20:15 PM

he suppose to call right after he gets home

I agree we all need to have certain rules...although I agree to discuss these things before doing the deed. The more I am into a guy, the more I will hold out. Not to use as a tool to get what a want, but rather because I really like him and want to make sure I dont wind up asking myself "what if I waited?" AFTER its too late. Fortunately, I havent delt with this issue in many years, I learned my lesson very young.

Good luck, don't beat yourself up over it...but dont offer him another opportunity to do it to you again.
 URLOVEY

Feast for the sharks and wolves...
Posted: 9/29/2008 10:15:42 PM
WOW! That is an amazing profile. I just don't know who you are trying to attract or that you will ever find her online. Try your local church. Your profile comes across very angry to me. Just my opinion. It is very limiting and very judgemental of many many women. However, I see your need to say what you are saying because you are looking for a very specific woman. Just be patient if you believe you can ever find anyone like that. But dont expect the flood gates to open and fill your inbox.

Good luck to you!
 URLOVEY
Msg: 6 (view)

How do I get a date the day after.
Posted: 9/29/2008 9:59:53 PM
I too have had similar experience with men. They are all into you, they call and text, but the next date never seems to materialize. Ask her once...then if your interested ask again in a week, if no plans have been made, move on.
 URLOVEY

How many is too many?
Posted: 9/29/2008 9:55:44 PM
I suppose it would depend on whether you were a man or a woman. Either way I would never divulge that information, either they look at you in shock and think you are prude, or worse a slut. Its only too few or too many when you choose it to be that.
 URLOVEY
Msg: 5 (view)

SUGGESTION: change to 'redundant' thread rule
Posted: 9/29/2008 11:47:09 AM
I agree, delete old threads
 AngelineSNJ
Msg: 5 (view)

what do you think i should do? advice needed!
Posted: 7/15/2008 6:16:30 PM
just move on. Men are always saying that women don't say what they mean, and they when they do, men don't wanna hear it....?

AngelineSNJ
Msg: 3 (view)

when the dynamics change
Posted: 7/13/2008 6:15:59 PM
They are nuts....you just didnt notice it before.
 AngelineSNJ
Msg: 13 (view)

What happened to loyalty?
Posted: 7/12/2008 6:32:19 AM

I have never heard of an unofficial engagement before.

it means they talked about marriage, they agreed that they would get married one day and would make it official when he bought the ring....stop being so judgemental!

As far as the previous comment about waiting more than a year to get engaged....that is rediculous. A year is a resonable amount of time before becoming engaged for most couples.
 AngelineSNJ
Msg: 11 (view)

he doesn't wear a condom
Posted: 7/12/2008 6:23:55 AM
Wow, I am so sorry for your lack of self worth.

AngelineSNJ

41 and 23??? I'm not ready for this!
Posted: 7/8/2008 10:49:37 PM
I can share my similar experience and opinion...
I am 37, was married for the last 12 years....and am recently single....
I have had them as young as 18 hit on me.....

When I was single for only about 3 months I had met a young man....he showed his interest and I laughed it off. I even tried to set him up with another younger woman....he insisted he was interested in me.

He was well put together, had his own apartment, nice car and good job....So I went for it...He was 24~! We had a lot of fun....for a few months...but he was young, dumb, and full of (well you know the saying) But we had a great time! And although it was me who chose to end it I still feel for him and wonder....But I am grateful for the experience!

Since then I have asked some of the young suitors that approach me (push up on me as they call it) the question....WHY? Here is the answer they give me...

Older women usually have their own place
Older women are more inclined to give oral sex
Older women have less hang ups about sex
They are more experienced
They dont call a thousand times a day
They have their own money, car.....etc....
They dont act like little girls.....

However, with that, they are looking for sex....quality sex......without the drama that younger girls may bring. And if you did get feelings for the young man, and he didnt reciprocate, most likely, you will feel kinda dumb...

If you go for it, have fun, take it for what its worth, get the kid to cut your lawn while he is there too.....But dont expect love.
 AngelineSNJ

My ex is a Disney Dad My son hates home.
Posted: 7/8/2008 10:31:33 PM
My advice would be to be grateful for the experiences that your son is getting.
Would you rather your son not go to the amusement parks? Would you prefer your son to be bored while visiting his father?
There is more to give children than ice cream and video games. You are giving him that. But, please don't resent your ex for doing everything he can with his son.
You son is VERY young. He doesnt understand still why he cannot be with mom and dad. And I am sure he can at least sense your feelings of worthlessness....YOU ARE HIS MOTHER....that is the most amazing job in the world.....be grateful for your son. Be grateful for his health. Be grateful for the roof over your head, the food on your table. Be grateful you son gets to experience things that 98% of the world's children never get to.
You are his mom, not his buddy, and it isnt a popularity contest. Your job is to raise him with integrity and morals in good health.....That is it....not to be a circus clown, or to compete with your ex...
I am sorry to rant...but I cannot understand how we all become so blinded by material things, that we consider ourselves worthless....
Next time you think you are a worthless mother.....picture a woman on the continent of Africa, holding her naked sons hand, while his belly is swollen for lack of food....this woman can't suck a d!ck to make money to feed her kid....there is NOTHING she can do....she doesn't even have the capability of dreaming about what you have.
 AngelineSNJ
Msg: 19 (view)

How long do you usually wait before meeting up with somebody you meet on POF?
Posted: 7/8/2008 7:00:47 AM
I agree with BBQbat. I dont like to wait. Not because I am impatient, rather emails tell you very little and only what you want the other to see.
The only way there is an attraction is to meet.
As far as chicks telling you "don't worry we will meet sometime" kick um to the curb, they are playing games, and wasting time. What are they hiding?
If distance is a factor than that is different. But as long as the meeting is in a safe public place than there is no reason you cant meet up for 15-30 minutes for coffee or something..
 AngelineSNJ

Can't read her interest level.....
Posted: 7/1/2008 10:04:31 PM
Either way, wait until she gets back from her weekend trip. It gives her some time to straighten things out in her head.
Then try to feel things out. I still don't understand why your male friend (who has a gf )and her are going to the movies, that doesnt sound cool to me. If it's just friends you could have been invited along.
 AngelineSNJ
Msg: 18 (view)

Are there two extremes of internet dating.
Posted: 6/29/2008 4:11:11 PM
I don't mind a months worth of emails, but if they are talking about marriage in the second email, yet still haven't mentioned a real date, I get annoyed.
Quick sex is easy, online or in the street.
 AngelineSNJ
Msg: 21 (view)

Should you kiss on first date?
Posted: 6/27/2008 4:37:25 PM
I think it is super cool that you didn't kiss, yet you both know that there is an interest. Now there is some anticipation for the second date and a good night kiss for sure is coming. What kind of kiss will it be? It will be a great kiss I bet. And the anticipation will make it all the sweeter.
 AngelineSNJ

Drama...
Posted: 6/27/2008 4:20:38 PM
I have faced this issue (the wanting kids vs not) several times dating younger men. The only way to avoid it completely, is date men who are older than you who already have children or have accepted their lives without kids. We are all waiting longer and longer to have children but men can wait forever, where us women...well...ya know.
Sounds like you had a great time. Enjoy the memory. Be grateful for the experience. Not all one night stands are like that one.
 AngelineSNJ

Anyone lend money to a girl/boy friend then break up before you are paid back?
Posted: 6/27/2008 4:14:39 PM
My dad always told me never to lend money I wasn't prepared to lose. That being said, I did recently break up with a guy that owed me money. He paid back every dime. But, I was so afraid to break it off with him before the money was returned. I struggled with the decision, and had to risk losing the money rather than selling myself short. I do believe that the money situation was a contributing factor to the break up, because it made me very uneasy. My advise you bought her cheap.
 AngelineSNJ
Msg: 14 (view)

Bootycall that may have turned into a good thing? lol
Posted: 6/7/2008 10:11:17 AM
IMO you are playing games. If you DO want him to be your boyfriend and you are lying saying you don't, than you will only get what you ask for. If you are saying no for fear of lossing him than you are still screwing yourself because your not being honest with yourself.
If you want to know where you stand with him, ask yourself what you want from him. Then see if he can bring it or not. If not than you are both wasting alot of valuable time.
 AngelineSNJ
Msg: 12 (view)

Racist...just kidding?
Posted: 6/6/2008 9:11:51 AM
Sounds like the little boys in grammer school who would pull on girls pony tail cause they "liked" the girl....
Either way he is an ass!
 AngelineSNJ
Msg: 21 (view)

How old can you be and still fit in to the club scene?
Posted: 5/13/2008 10:42:59 AM
I LOVE the clubs & I am 37. I get hit on by all age ranges. However, the best part for me is the music and the dancing . I go to clubs on college hill, and they are a blast! I think as long as you can afford the cover, noone will turn you away, and as long as your having fun going then GO!
I dont go to pick up men, or to get drunk, I go for ME to have fun, to feel good!
It is so much more fun (to me) than sitting in a bar, staring at the bartender!~
:
 AngelineSNJ
Msg: 120 (view)

Does accepting an expensive dinner from a man obligates a woman to have sex with him?
Posted: 5/1/2008 2:18:29 PM
2 words....HELL NO!
 AngelineSNJ
Msg: 7 (view)

A stranger's glance - contacting people you see in the street...
Posted: 3/5/2008 7:54:27 AM
I much prefer a man to come to me if he is interested...whether it be in the street, grocery store or online. A simple hello, is usually all it takes to get a vibe, maybe have a small peice of paper with your name an email HAND PRINTED (you dont want to come across like this is a job for you) and hand it to the woman.
There have been soo many flattering glances sent my way...I love it, I wish they would approach me and say hello...I am certainly not an unapproachable woman....and an email or phone number is something that I am very willing to exchange with someone. I don't consider myself desperate, more of a hopeful romantic. The start of a beautiful love story can start in the frozen food section easily....
 AngelineSNJ
Msg: 40 (view)

Would you marry someone who wants just to get out their (poor) country ???
Posted: 3/4/2008 6:01:58 PM
UHHH NOOO! Do you all forget 9/11? Not to mention it is illegal! Are some of us that desperate?
 AngelineSNJ
Msg: 62 (view)

Do divorced women have to settle for any man that will take them?
Posted: 2/27/2008 7:40:19 AM
My ex still loves me. If I can't get better than I don't want anything!
 AngelineSNJ
Msg: 42 (view)

Is it just me or does this scare others off as well?
Posted: 2/26/2008 9:08:28 PM
As it says in my profile "flattery will get you everywhere as long as it's sincere!"
I personally am lucky if I get one day a week to spend with a man I am dating. I don't sleep with a man on the first date but if I am attracted to him and vice versa, we are kissing! It could take me two months to get through 5 or 6 dates.
If the attraction is there, go for it. If not, then leave it alone. I don't want to waste either one of our times with rules and formalities. If you are into me you will find me, if I am into you I will reciprocate. Otherwise its called playing games......
If a man doesn't tell me or show me interest, I assume he isn't interested and I move on...
 AngelineSNJ

Things a Man Should Never Do in the Company of a Woman
Posted: 2/26/2008 11:28:25 AM

LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks, I think I might need to borrow some of this for my profile!!!!!!!!
 AngelineSNJ
Msg: 57 (view)

for the ladies....can you TRULY say money ain't a factor?
Posted: 2/25/2008 5:56:26 PM
No! I own my own house and car. I raise my daughter without any help from my ex!!
Does the man I intend to be with need a job? YES! Does he need to be able to support himself? YES Does he need to support me or my child...NO!
 AngelineSNJ

Do children age you???
Posted: 2/22/2008 9:35:39 AM
I have only one child, which wasn't born until I was already 32. Has she aged me? NO DOUBT ABOUT IT!
My looks and my body jumped 10 years the day she was born, but so has my mind and spirit. I have returned to college, quit smoking, and have started excersizing, all since she has been born. I rid myself of a terrible 12 year relationship and now I experience joy on a level I could never imagine before. I am such a better person for having her, I will take the wrinkles or gray hair and wear them proudly.
 AngelineSNJ

Questions on New POF Relationships
Posted: 2/19/2008 5:39:24 PM
Gardennut I love what you had to say and I will be saving this one!
"After all, you are not proposing to him. You are simply asking him not to have sex with anyone other than you. If he isn't ready to park his car solely in your garage, then do you really want him parking in your garage at all?"
We all need to remember this!
 AngelineSNJ
Msg: 616 (view)

Do you think there should be laws against people who trick you into sexual encounters!
Posted: 2/19/2008 9:43:51 AM
ABSOLUTELY!!!!
AND WE SHOULD MAKE MASTERBATION A CRIME TOO!!

We should also regulate who we have sex with and when. It should be a crime to have sex on your kitchen table.
Give me a break!
 AngelineSNJ
Msg: 1 (view)

Where are the Gifts for Men?
Posted: 2/19/2008 5:16:25 AM
I have been very fortunate to recieve many messages from men containing the cyber gift. However, I have no way to reciprocate. I dont want to attach flowers to a man. But I do find the little pictures and roses I recieve so nice. It certainly does get my attention, and messages with gifts attached ususally get opened first.
So do I accept the gift with a kind "Thank you" or do I try to respond with a cyber gift?
If so which one?
 AngelineSNJ

I did fall in Love, but was he?
Posted: 2/17/2008 8:56:01 AM
I am going to be blunt..sometimes the truth hurts.
He is a cheating liar. You are making excuses for his cheating and lying. Drop him like a bad habbit, and go have yourself tested for STD's.
He does not derserve your sympathy because he lied and cheated, and isnt sorry he did it. He doesnt deserve your love after putting you and your children through a lie!
He is scum nothing more nothing less.
Move on and Good Luck. You are a very attractive woman and I am sure you have your pick of the fish...
 AngelineSNJ

Don't over react
Posted: 2/15/2008 5:27:04 AM
,,,,,,this is causing problems in trying to find anybody.......

My question is how?

I wouldn't over react. Or for fun, describe yourself awfully, and let her copy that. "Fat, drug addicted biotch seeks sugar daddy" something like that.
Take it as a compliment and move on. Other dating sites, recommend viewing your competition and "borrowing" things you like from others profiles.

I would still like to know HOW it is causing a problem finding anybody.

Good Luck either way.

Show ALL Forums