Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: ~
 jeeperspeepers
Msg: 52 (view)

~
Posted: 1/30/2010 2:59:33 PM
Farcal Hollis...what a wonderful forum...I've read this complete forum from beginning to end. Read your profile. You sound like a genuine person, which I have to admit I have found lacking in most men on this site. I too have given up at times and hidden my profile, never deleting it because I do love the Forums, but like you I have deleted the text in my profile, left it out, started over, any and all of the above. Age is a contributing factor for women, but not the only factor....which is another subject in itself. Your honesty is refreshing. You are an attractive man, worthy of any woman's attention, so don't belittle yourself. And yes many women have the same feelings of insecurity. I know I do...and always have. Some women never seem insecure, and I envy those ladies.

Your posts give me a glimmer of hope, that there are other honest men on this site, who are intelligent. How far are you from Virginia? LOL
 jeeperspeepers
Msg: 3 (view)

Are there really fake profiles on here?
Posted: 8/17/2009 8:26:37 AM
There are fake profiles on every online dating site, this one as well. There are different degrees of fake. Some of 100% scammers, some of just people that are married pretending to be single, but yes "fake". If you are fake, you will be found out.
 jeeperspeepers
Msg: 16 (view)

Friendship between Men and Women
Posted: 7/23/2009 11:11:54 AM
Men and women can definitely be friends without any intimate relationship as you well know. However, there are women who do not know this, and his wife is probably one of these women. Sadly, he is bowing to his wife's wishes, early in his marriage, which could lead to a lifetime of misery, and possibly a shortened marriage. I feel sorry for a man and even a woman, who is in a relationship with a wuss for a husband. We all want to be married to a real man....whether we admit it or not. If we as women cannot trust our spouse, then we should not be married to them, and what is that saying for ourselves, is she giving up her male friends, because she cannot trust herself? I have at least three very good male friends that I would never consider having sex with, have visited me on more than one occasion, stayed in my spare bedroom, and are perfect gentlemen. Why...because they are my friend, and would never offend me. I don't know if the thought ever occurs to them, but they have never acted on it, and they are not even married.
 jeeperspeepers
Msg: 5 (view)

how to ?tell if hes married
Posted: 7/23/2009 10:47:34 AM
As a safety precaution, I don't give my number out first. I want to see his number on my call ID. If he won't do that, then he has something to hide. And usually it is a wife or a scam.
 jeeperspeepers
Msg: 120 (view)

Beauty over 45 - Susan Boyle
Posted: 7/20/2009 7:25:19 PM
Msg #136 -- Seems to be a contradiction....you agree that it is so sad ....too hung up on looks versus who the person is....yet no matter how good she treats you or what she does for you looks are the first important thing"

How superficial can you be. How sad for you. And sad for the many people like you.
 jeeperspeepers
Msg: 66 (view)

Strong Willed Women
Posted: 7/20/2009 7:06:35 PM
I am strong willed, assertive, stubborn, and never give up on a goal, as long as I know there is still a possibility of success. However, I am not rude, arrogant, or overbearing, nor a nag, but if pushed into a corner I can become aggressive. I am a real communicator, always communicating my feelings, hopes, desires and thoughts. I have found that many men do not like strong willed women. That it takes a very confident man to appreciate an independent, intelligent, strong willed woman. We are not for every man, but the rewards can be worthwhile.
 jeeperspeepers
Msg: 117 (view)

How important is chivalry in an relationship to you?
Posted: 7/20/2009 6:39:33 PM
Chivalry is important to me....I consider it the same as respect. I do not find it demeaning.
 jeeperspeepers
Msg: 16 (view)

New, specific question about squirting
Posted: 6/30/2009 11:11:31 AM
Agree there is no feeling that is better...however, it can be embarrassing the first time it happens with a new partner that doesn't understand or has never experienced "squirting" with a previous partner. Everyone should read the forums to get their education. I could have saved a lot of money, had I read the forums when it first happened to me. I thought something was broke...went to several doctors to find out what had happened, only to find out that something wonderful, but messy had changed in me.
 jeeperspeepers
Msg: 42 (view)

Men Shaving...
Posted: 6/7/2009 7:40:50 AM
Hair has nothing to do with how manly a man is....
I like hair on his chest and legs...but not down south, the reasons are obvious. As far as my hair, it should be up to me. I like to be hairless, as someone else said, nerve endings, etc. everything feels differently. And another thought....shaving each other is a very erotic act.
 jeeperspeepers
Msg: 313 (view)

Is sex as important to you as it once was?
Posted: 1/3/2009 4:46:27 AM
Haven't read the 17 pages of answers before me, but to answer the OP's question directly, yes, it is just as important as it ever was. In fact it may be more important. At this point in my life, as I seek a new partner, I want a healthy sex life with that new partner, not a casual sexual affair mind you. However, since I am seeking a new love, I will look for one that can perform sexually. It is a very important part of romance, intimacy and love, and I want the whole package. I would have remained with my partner of 30 years to the end without sex, but he choose otherwise, so now I want the whole package. Many women never stop enjoying sex, in fact, enjoy it more as they mature, so it becomes more important. Those of us in that category are very lucky.
 rvgoldengirl
Msg: 145 (view)

Can men deal with NOT getting blowjobs?
Posted: 10/1/2008 9:25:12 AM
{"OP - you are you and if something about you - bothers others ........ that is their problem - not your problem.
With that being said - perhaps sometime in the future - you and a very special man in your life .........
May find (thru exploring each others specialness) may make some discoveries that you never even dreamed about.
The two need to be very very special - very committed - very real to each other - very honest with each other ......... but sex with the right person is very very different. You almost become one. Sometimes making someone feel so very special to you - is very nice indeed.
You are special ... someday you will be very special to some young man. Try to reserve your thinking until someone is special to you."

Wonderful answer. I agree wholeheartedly with this post. Doesn't answer the original OPs question, but much more insightful than just an answer.

ron9 - wish you lived closer to me, I like a man that thinks like you.
 rvgoldengirl
Msg: 12 (view)

Should I move on?
Posted: 9/16/2008 5:52:42 AM
gtommustange
She says it is not her regular profile, profile for forums only. Good idea so she doesn't tip off everyone to who she really is....hence the guy won't read it.
 rvgoldengirl
Msg: 27 (view)

A few questions posed to you about long distance relationships
Posted: 9/9/2008 6:23:47 AM
NancyGooGoo

I had a similar story of fella that was constantly pursuing me. Lived in NYC, went to Africa on business, but suddenly needed funds for getting his goods out of impound or something to ship. I dropped him the minute he asked for money. But he was persistent, even used an operator for calling me via internet when I wouldn't take IM messages or answer email. He had proposed to me, but I never took him seriously. He wrote for over three months before putting the pinch on me.
Just beware!
 rvgoldengirl
Msg: 3 (view)

I found love
Posted: 9/9/2008 5:53:57 AM
Congratulations. Hope everything works out well for you.
 rvgoldengirl
Msg: 6 (view)

Younger men, Older woman
Posted: 9/7/2008 8:06:21 AM
I have been approached by younger men for some time now. I was never comfortable with dating anyone more than a couple years younger than myself. However, more recently I am beginning to accept the fact that there are men as much as 15 years younger than me that are very interested in me, and I find them charming, intelligent, attractive, etc. I have only dated one person much younger than me, so far, but because I look and act younger than my age, younger men are starting to appeal to me. I have found that some men just prefer more mature women. They tell me they have always dated women older than themselves.
Is this true or am I being fed a line of bull?
 rvgoldengirl
Msg: 7 (view)

How far is too far?
Posted: 8/15/2008 4:24:31 PM
Depends. If meeting someone new, a newly developing relationship, I would want to be close, within 30 minute drive. I don't think anyone wants to drive anymore unless they are really motivated, and at my age no one seems motivated in a relationship. But if you already know someone, and you have chemistry already, a coast to coast relationship can work. In fact it did for me once.
 rvgoldengirl
Msg: 20 (view)

Non stop bashing by ex....
Posted: 7/24/2008 9:58:02 AM
Op--If you have been with your girlfriend for over two years, why did you join POf in June 2007 with a profile searching for women. You have no credibility, buddy. You are much too angry and apparently not truthful either.
 rvgoldengirl
Msg: 143 (view)

Add One And Keep Going - This Ought To Be Fun
Posted: 7/23/2008 6:57:39 PM
Can't believe no one has thought of this one yet

Seinfeld
 rvgoldengirl
Msg: 55 (view)

How men deal with broken hearts.
Posted: 6/25/2008 9:11:26 AM
mrl6. This is a great forum. You have wonderful insight for someone so young. It hurts now but it will get better in time. With the right attitude and knowledge, which you definitely have, time does heal all. I disagree with those who say it doesn't. It takes longer, I believe, the older you are, and the older you are the less candidates you have for replacing that lost love, but time does heal. Of course, the amount of time is different for everyone.

You are right on about loving yourself first. I, as well as many, have made the mistake of making our partner our whole life, then our kids. When that relationship fails, we have no one to fall back on, except ourselves. No matter how much you love your partner, you should always retain your true friends. Keep some time open for them occasionally. Keep time for yourself, even if it is alone time.

My marriage collapsed after 30 years, and I felt exactly what you felt but maybe magnified. I had lived my life exclusively for my partner and children. It was very difficult for me to rise above it. It took me five years to recover, and then it still hurts to think about. But the way I recovered is exactly with the attitude and mature knowledge that you have at 21. I too am a better and stronger person today for what I lived through. You are also. The next young woman that you love will benefit from your experience, and I hope she appreciates you. But don't think that it won't happen again, because it very well may. But this time you will be better prepared and much wiser, I hope, in your choice as well as how that relationship grows and flourishes.

Good luck.
 rvgoldengirl
Msg: 23 (view)

Pics of guys IN their cars??
Posted: 6/24/2008 6:36:47 AM
Sorry Keyzdude. I have no interest in continuing a dialog with you. You are bitter and a sad man. You need to go into counseling to deal with this anger. You apparently hate all women, so I hope you are on here for the Forums.

Good luck in your life.
 rvgoldengirl
Msg: 21 (view)

Pics of guys IN their cars??
Posted: 6/17/2008 7:23:07 PM
Good Grief! Keyzdude ....epistle... enough already. Why all the dialog about paying for the woman...what does that have to do with the original question. So you have a nice boat and a nice car. But it sounds like you still have a chip on your shoulder.

As far as the original question...not just men post pictures of their cars. I posted a picture of my car. I love my toy which is new, so I posted a picture. I'm sure men do it for the same reason-- I just don't happen to be in the picture with it. I do not post a pic of my house. I guess I love my car more....not really. However I do not show my breasts or my cleavage. So not everyone fits into the categories some of you try to put us into.

And Keyzdude as far as saying we ladies made our money on our back, you have a real problem with women....hate is what it is called. No wonder you are alone. I am very successful, and didn't achieve it on my back or because of any man. There are many women who work very hard, and achieve financial success. You are almost too ridiculous to even address.
 rvgoldengirl
Msg: 34 (view)

wondering
Posted: 6/15/2008 10:29:21 AM
OP, like everyone else here I have no sympathy for you. You knew what you were getting into. And you ask in one of your posts if we were bitter women who were cheated on. Well, I am one of those women, no longer bitter. But turn the situation around, how would you like your husband cheating on you? You may become bitter as well. Don't believe the men that their wives don't understand them, or won't sleep with them, or whatever the excuse is. Usually it is not true. They just want to have sex outside their marriage. Period.

I was cheated on after nearly 30 years of being married. He carried on a two year affair before I found out. You're damn right I was mad as hell and bitter for a while. I had children and had built a life with him. But I still kicked him out. Broke my heart. Didn't date for five years, but I'm a stronger and better person today. No person, man or woman, deserves that. The woman he was running with knew he was married. She said she didn't, but I told her he was living with me and she said "No he isn't". Talk about denial. So my dear, look somewhere else for sympathy, understanding, or whatever. You won't get it from me. I make a practice before I date anyone, to find out if they are married.
 rvgoldengirl
Msg: 237 (view)

Kids packed her bags!!
Posted: 4/21/2008 5:40:25 AM
Sometimes it is difficult to learn when all the opinions coming at you are so different.

I was "very close" (we'll leave it at that) to a situation where the couple was in a similar situation, after 30 years of marriage the wife caught the husband in a two year affair. The two children at home were 17 and 22. The youngest was in his senior year of high school and the 22 yo was attending local college. It devastated the family, particularly the wife. However, she never dissed the father. She always told the kids their father still loved them, but things would be different. They lived on a family farm so the father came for 18 months until the property was settled, every weekend to feed cattle and do other chores. They still attended the youngest son's football games together during his senior year of high school and even college. It was a very difficult time. Did she keep the kids completely in the dark....of course not. They were too old. At one point the son started to rebel and disobey curfew and she had to have a talk with him. She was hiding her pain too well. But did she try to turn them against their dad, no. If you love your children, you must remember that you love them more than you temporarily hate your spouse. The pain does cease. And you must protect the kids from as much of it as possible. They did nothing to contribute to the situation.

Twelve years later, the kids (adults now) have a wonderful relationship with both parents. They can rely on both parents for anything. The divorced parents have become friends because to parent children together it is a lifetime job. It does not end at any age because of grandchildren, and problems that adult children encounter.

I doubt that Livewire will gain much insight from this Post, but perhaps others reading this will. Believe me at 17 and 18, they are not adults. There is still so much more growing to do. Divorce still hurts them so much. They are embarrassed because their friends will know about it, worried about what changes will it mean to them, will their Mom/Dad still see them? It doesn't hurt any less because they are a little older. The only adults here are those of us that are making these bad choices......the parents.

LIVEWIRE: CHEATING ISN'T THE ISSUE. THE KIDS BEING THERE ARE THE ISSUE!!!!
 rvgoldengirl
Msg: 37 (view)

just say what you mean
Posted: 4/8/2008 9:18:10 PM
I've had several good friends, over the years, friends only, no benefits. I suspect there may have been some possible hopes on at least one of their minds for more, but it never interfered with our friendship, because it was never expressed. I've had this friend stay over in my guest room, house sit when I've travelled. We have gone to dinner many times, taking turns treating each other. I cannot tell you the value of having such a good friend of the opposite sex, that you know you can trust to never make a pass. We even took ballroom dance lessons together.

I don't see him much lately because he has fallen in love, but we are still friends. But I am a true believer in males and females being able to be friends without sex.
 rvgoldengirl
Msg: 29 (view)

he cheats then says its my fault....
Posted: 3/21/2008 8:14:28 AM
OP, a lot of good advice here.

You're too young to waste any more time on this piece of crap. Go out and have fun, look for a good guy, but first of all, find the value in yourself. We have to love ourself before we can love anyone else. Easier said sometimes then done! We don't need to be attached at the hip to a partner. Learn to have fun, be self-reliant, independent, be our own person, and I believe self-respect will come, then probably love from another will follow. I found this to be true in my life. I've had to learn to love myself after many years of always giving to others. I was married to a womanizer for 30 years. Cheaters always try to turn the blame around. My advice to all women is don't make that mistake....especially at 19 years of age. You are beautiful and young....live it up, and enjoy it.

Smile and be happy. Good luck.
 rvgoldengirl
Msg: 2 (view)

membership and email restrictions
Posted: 3/13/2008 7:31:21 AM
OP,
No need for a fee. I just had that experience. Reported the person that was offensive and he was removed within 4 hours. All this was done by POF without a fee. Did you report the persons that were rude and offensive? Were they really that rude. I had the emails that were overtly rude and offensive in my inbox. I was extremely impressed with POF.

I didn't get service this good from the service that I was paying for.
 rvgoldengirl
Msg: 35 (view)

Profile with picture of a very beautiful woman-contact her?
Posted: 3/11/2008 12:14:58 PM
Thanks guys....its not just me. I thought maybe I was the only one thinking this way and it was because I am a woman. Didn't want the green eyes showing.
 rvgoldengirl
Msg: 29 (view)

Profile with picture of a very beautiful woman-contact her?
Posted: 3/10/2008 11:06:59 AM
Deuce,
Agree with you 100%. Many guys on here have done the same thing with me. I've put a fairly comprehensive profile. They contact me with nothing at all in their profile, sometimes with no picture. They say "I'd like to chat with you. Tell me more about yourself". Duh!

I respond to them. " You are the one with the blank profile..it's your turn if you want to correspond with me." Most of the time, they do not respond at all. I don't know why they are even on this site if they don't want to share information to make themselves appealing to the opposite sex. I've had one friend tell me not to put too much into the profile, which may be good information...but I do know it has to show something about your qualities and personality, enough to make you interesting to the person reading it.
 rvgoldengirl
Msg: 63 (view)

Skin-to-skin contact and the benefit of human touch
Posted: 3/8/2008 7:54:04 AM
Wonderful thread! Thanks OP

I agree with everyone. Touch is so important. In an non-sensual day-to-day use, such as a pat on the back, on the arm, when you laugh or tell some one a joke, I am always touching a person. It has become a way of life for me. In my personal life, with family I kiss my family members hello and good-bye as a matter of habit, probably because it was not done when I was a child, and I vowed to change that when I became a parent. I also tell my children how much I love them.
As far as my partner/relationship/SO, now there skin on skin is really important. I love lying in bed for hours spooning, or just lighting rubbing your partner's back or body all over. I don't think there is any substitute for the closeness of long-term (all night) skin to skin contact. (Hint: for all night- sleep nude.) It promotes communication about any subject, wonderful lovemaking, and more wonderful lovemaking. It also promotes the hand-holding, arm around the shoulder, light kisses in public, etc. All the other things that most of us want.
 rvgoldengirl
Msg: 57 (view)

Plentyoffish Voice Mail and SMS Messaging System.
Posted: 3/5/2008 12:01:23 PM
I followed the instructions and worked like a charm for me. I used my cell phone number with a 1. Only problem is that the person I left message for never responded.. Oh well. I left both a voice message and a text message, it was really just a test. It worked great. It would be nice to be able to check to see if it was actually received, like we do with our mail sent.
 rvgoldengirl
Msg: 13 (view)

penis! namely fingerman8_3 penis!
Posted: 3/3/2008 8:56:44 AM
OMG Another one is back. Main picture He even shows his face as the backup picture.

What nerve. Fingerman 716. Oh I've got to go back and report him. I was so shocked I forgot to do it
 rvgoldengirl
Msg: 44 (view)

The General Election: Could Mrs. Clinton or Mr. Obama Win?
Posted: 2/15/2008 6:15:08 AM
Nope, Shrillary hasn't won, and I look forward to the day I see her crying a river over not getting nominated.

Designingwoman.....
I have to take issue with your many comments in the thread about Mrs. Clinton's show of tears on, I believe two occasions.
I have found in my long working history women seem to be most critical of other women. As women, an occasional show of tears is actual a normal release, and is considered healthy for a woman. It is not necessarily a sign of weakness. Mrs. Clinton had been on a grueling schedule, which would tax any human, under a great deal of physical and mental stress, which I am sure even you would admit . Have you ever had to travel for days and weeks on end? I have.....working 14 hours days, and I know the stress it puts on our body and mind.
I too have shed a tear on occasion and I can tell you without a doubt I am not a weak woman. Have you ever read or experienced that women often cry when they are angry?

Am I a supporter of Hillary Clinton? Probably yes. I haven't made my final decision because Obama is too young and inexperienced. Also I think I would like to have Bill Clinton in the White House again in at least a supportive capacity. But if Obama wins the nomination as much as I hate to say it, I may end up voting Republican. I hate the idea of a Republican in the White House again, even though McCain seems like a good man. But all this is before hearing the debates.

Just lay off the remarks about tears....it is a natural for a woman.

Show ALL Forums