Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: where does everyone live?
 lonesome wonderer
Msg: 40 (view)

where does everyone live?
Posted: 2/6/2016 12:45:21 PM
formerly of ringtown, pa, then pocono summit, pa i'm now stuck up here in hawley, pa (wayne county) in the far northeastern part of pa. i'm still in a small town pretty much the town of antiques where even some of the people are just that and missing the cow farms and farmlands where i really belong!

i just wished people up this way would start hosting some events?
 lonesome wonderer
Msg: 581 (view)

hey there, i'm anna!
Posted: 2/6/2016 12:34:55 PM
i'm anna from hawley. i'm formerly from ringtown, pa also known as ponygrl back in 2006. it's been so long since i've been on here let introduced myself to all of the newcomers to the site. i do wish everyone luck with their fishing. i haven't had much luck in here since to me, most guys want more than i'm ever willing to offer them let alone give them. i'm 51, too old for playing any child like games such as email tag. if you'd like to know more about me please feel free to check out my profile and drop me a line. i do have to for-warn you though, i'm not into intra-racial relationships nor am i interested in anyone younger than i am, that's just my preference. i do have friends of many ages and races so friendship only is never a problem.
 lonesome wonderer
Msg: 2 (view)

2/13 Meetup night in Bowmanstown, PA
Posted: 2/6/2016 12:10:27 PM
this is going to be the 1st event i'm attending in the longest time and hoping and planning on having a nice time. unfortunately i'm not able to stay past midnight since i have to tend to my own fundraiser up in hawley where i'm from that following morning.
 lonesome wonderer
Msg: 28 (view)

Treated like a lady
Posted: 12/11/2011 2:39:23 PM
wow, can you believe that finally after being in this site for 5 yrs i finally met someone? i didn't meet him in here but in a chat room. he and i finally met a few months after starting to talk and he's everything i ever wanted in a man and more! i'm only in here posting as friends only and wanted to see if the forums were still alive.

anyway, it's what you give that you get in return! that's all i'm gonna say!
 an american honey
Msg: 3 (view)

North East PA--whats happening up this way??
Posted: 7/31/2010 9:14:18 AM
wayne county fair is next week. (route 191 in honesdale, pa) august 6-14 for a fun filled week. since i'm having company for the weekend of my birthday we might be going there as well.

has anyone heard "crossfire"? they're a country band that's playing on the 14th at the fair and i was thinking about going to see them as well. woohoo, i can even go to the live stock sale but then again that might not be such a good thing since i still want to get a cow, a few chickens, and a few domestic (white) turkeys...and some sheep. ummm, i want my own little farm but can't have one where i'm at now.
 an american honey

Where Are All the Singles Hiding In NEPA?
Posted: 7/30/2010 10:10:03 AM
shhhhh! don't tell anyone that i'm hiding...i wouldn't wanna be found, not yet anyway! i can be hiding anywhere....in here, playing in my farmtown on my facebook, answering some really strange questions in myb, or anywhere my little lost country heart desires. some may have already found me while some others haven't...so, if you found me say hello, all others, well...don't give up hope, you might find me or even a true love during your journey!
 an american honey
Msg: 40 (view)

Pennsylvania forum rules
Posted: 7/30/2010 9:59:26 AM
ummm, forum rules? i'm not a stranger to posting in them but i have a big complaint to be made.

why on earth did the link on our inbox and any other page under our names get removed? i keep having a hard time getting back in here to post after sending an email to someone. can you please put the link back up??? i enjoyed most of my free time reading and replying to the posts as well as talking to people in here. how else are we supposed to get to know a person without understanding their thoughts on different topics?

please put the forum link back to where it was?
 an american honey

July Singles Mingle - The Springfield Inn, Springfield, PA 19064
Posted: 7/30/2010 9:51:16 AM
hope y'all have a great time tonite!
 an american honey
Msg: 535 (view)

still swimming
Posted: 7/30/2010 9:49:17 AM
yeppers, it's been 4 long years with a short break in between that i've been swimming around in the murky waters of pa. wow, i can't believe that it's been that long already but yeah, i'm here and hopefully won't be single for much longer. ummm, maybe spreading my wings to fly north to upstate, ny? who knows, eh?

happy y'all!
 an american honey
Msg: 27 (view)

Do American men really believe this female 'English Rose' thing?
Posted: 7/30/2010 9:37:26 AM
to me, an english rose is that of any other rose. roses and women alike are pretty much one in the same, some can be a bit prickly at first but once you remove the thorns there's beauty. i guess what i'm trying to say it doesn't matter where the woman is from...england, america, canada, or anywhere else on this big round ball.....we're all women with our own personalities and it's up to our mate to determine as well as see our rose within.
 an american honey
Msg: 26 (view)

Is this world going nuts?
Posted: 6/26/2010 4:06:47 PM
is this world going nuts? going? i would like to say this world has been nuts! you hear about men and women inmates being proposed to quite a bit. look at all of the men and women who are pen pals to inmates, especially those sitting on death row. it gives them a chance to have a smile on their face again. i know i wouldn't do it but everyone's different. think of it, you have men and women that are naive and or gullible and end up falling in love with scammers from other countries, taking a chance on losing everything and or even going to jail. people all over the world are trying to find somethings that are and have been missing from their lives.....love, happiness, and the feeling of need. all i can say is anyone that does something like that should be very cautious since you don't know what the future may lead.
 an american honey
Msg: 18 (view)

Dating Separated Men
Posted: 6/26/2010 3:57:10 PM
over the past 4 yrs since i originally signed up i've had plenty of 1st dates with separated men, no 2nd dates since apparently they weren't interested in me :sigh: single, separated, divorced, widowed, or what ever the case may be.....their marital status shouldn't be important unless they're married...then that's a big NO! after all, i'm separated, been separated for 7+ yrs and no intentions on ever getting back together and i wouldn't want anyone holding that against me so why should i judge guys and hold that against them.
 an american honey
Msg: 62 (view)

She cleaned the house ... should I marry her?
Posted: 6/26/2010 3:44:05 PM
whether she cleaned her house or yours isn't something you should think about marriage over...hell, if that were the case then i think i'd be in the running or something. i clean my place all the time and at times make it messy just so i have to clean it. if i were staying part time with the guy i'm with (not with anyone at the present time) then it's my right to help with the house hold chores. believe it or not, even if i was just dating someone i found myself cleaning up at times. oh, i also hate seeing dirty dishes in the sink.......i'm warning you guys out there, don't take me back to your place if you have dirty dishes or your kitchen will get cleaned! oh, i also don't expect marriage in return either.....just a kiss and hug and a thank you would be nice!
 an american honey
Msg: 15 (view)

Should I still get her a bday gift?
Posted: 6/26/2010 3:29:22 PM
why wouldn't you want to give her something for her birthday? if you don't give her a gift, at least give her a card and flowers letting her know that you're still friends and didn't forget her. i know i wouldn't rent a beach house for any length of time unless i'm back with my partner and not right away since i'd like to make sure i'm not being used for the gift. i'm not you, you're not me so what you do is up to you, i'm just making a suggestion. good luck.
 an american honey
Msg: 245 (view)

middle aged & multiple divorced- a red flag or not?
Posted: 6/26/2010 2:48:30 PM
it doesn't matter how many times a person was married and divorced and shouldn't matter. i don't judge anyone by how many times they were married and hope the reason for the divorce wasn't over being abusive. both of my marriages were somewhat physically and mentally abusive and i'm not going to ever want that in my life again. both of my ex's also accused me of cheating. funny thing is i never cheated on anyone in my entire life! i remember when i was a teenager and just seeing an ex boyfriend of mine off and on and not in a committed relationship...my cousin asked me if i'd go out on a date with her boyfriend's best friend, a double date....so i did. towards the end of the date he went to kiss me and believe it or not i actually started to cry. even though i wasn't seeing my ex boyfriend steadily i still felt as if i was cheating on him. my cousin's boyfriend's best friend understood and didn't want me to do anything against my will. now, does that sound like a cheating heart?

anyway.....everyone has their own reasons as to why they're divorced and if a guy was married 2,3, or even 4 times and divorced, as long as he's not abusive then i see nothing wrong.
 an american honey
Msg: 28 (view)

Do you feel the need to live with somebody at our age
Posted: 6/26/2010 2:35:29 PM
it's funny, my mom always told me that i need a man in my life...boy did i prove her wrong! i don't miss having a man in my life since i've been very independent about a lot of things (non sexual) and have been even when i was married, but i do miss having the companionship of a man. i've been missing the holding hands, sweet kisses, and gentle hugs. it's nice to be with someone of the opposite sex, and friends with benefits is out of the option for me. i'd prefer dating and if and when the time comes for the love making (not just sex) then so-be-it. i think it would be cool to have our own place to run to when we need a little time apart but that would be up to whomever i'm dating (no one presently). i'm not looking for marriage (been there twice) nor am i looking for a room-mate but down the line if that time should come......well, we'll both have a lot to think about.
 an american honey
Msg: 4 (view)

Road construction
Posted: 6/25/2010 5:38:33 PM
op, if pendot was to concentrate on 1 major road only then by the time all of the roads in the state of pennsylvania are done the first road they worked on and completed would be ready to be torn up again. like any other state and or country, there are a lot of paved roads therefore the work must be spread around also putting employees to work as well. just imagine if 1 major road at a time were being worked on how many people would be out of work.

more man-power be concentrated on a single road to complete it more quickly and then move on to the next one.

the more hand power on each job the more of a hastle and money wasted it would be. each spread of work is done up in a contract bid. i'm sure you know how they work. anyway, all jobs are based on budgets and must have a certain amount of foreman, journeymen, and laborers. anything more than their expected/suggested labor and material could put the bid above budget price and risk the loss of the bid. also keep in mind that just like a cook....if there's too many hands in the stew of what can happen...destruction!
 an american honey
Msg: 10 (view)

Are you afraid of people with disabilities?
Posted: 6/25/2010 5:28:09 PM

He is an old guy like me

wow, 52's old? not too old for me, just a tad bit too far.

@op...don't let your disabilities get in the way of you finding love. if a guy can't accept you the way you are then they're not worth it. be true to yourself and don't expect anything less. he's out there, just give yourself some time and he'll find you.
 country.girl

size
Posted: 3/28/2010 9:12:16 PM
ummm, hey guys!!! (not the ladies), my previous post in here (msg 4) was not meant to be directed to any particular person in general....especially with this part especially what i put in bold.
keep in mind that if you talk to women in email or on the net and tell them you're bigger then you are just to see them they're going to find out in the end..........best advise would be not to talk about it until the time's right. don't just spurt it out and say "oh btw i'm only 3" long (just saying). if and when the time is right, wait until she brings up the subject then casually tell her "it's not very big but can put a smile on your face" and if you're to the point where you and she both have roamin' hands then let her be the judge of things....just don't let her start something she's not going to finish. if you both have roamin' hands then tell her (in a jokingly manner) "why don't you tell me what you think?" if the woman laughs or has something to say then she wasn't the woman for you.
if you (reader) and i talked (privately) at one time or the other about this thread, it's not personal. what i just quoted from my msg 4 was referring to when emailing a woman and what not to do. there's no pun intended so please don't think it's personal.
 country.girl

candy eggs?
Posted: 3/28/2010 4:08:17 PM
wow, 2 years later i finally had a chance to make up some butter cream eggs! they weren't hard at all to make but dipping them into the chocolate before the it hardened up too fast was a pain in the butt. that was my 1st trial run at them. now, i'm going to make them again this week and buy a few bags of the chocolate disks. i had better luck with them when i made up some chocolate candy bells years ago and should have better luck this next round. my younger son enjoyed the ones i made even without the chocolate coating, my parents also thought they were good!
 country.girl
Msg: 11 (view)

Why is that some people think that they can just play games with other people emotions?
Posted: 3/28/2010 3:52:14 PM
who like to play head games is,most dont even know they are doing it

it's not just that they don't even know they're playing games, they know but they're too ignorant to the fact of what they're doing can cause heartache and pain to another.

there's only 1 game that i'd like to play.....which card are you? i'm the queen of hearts!
the king or queen of spades is a harmful card, they'll emotionally beat you when you're down. the king or queen of clubs is also another harmful card, they'll physicall beat you when you're down. the king or queen of diamonds is someone that's materialistic, and the king or queen of hearts.....well, we all know what to do with our heart, we'll love you through good and bad, accept you as you are!
people, you want to play the game, give it a try when you're talking to someone. don't try to read into them just feel the person (not with your hands). oh, watch out for those jokers out there....they're the real game players that would do great with charlie daniels and play you like a fiddle! this is one game that you can play with yourself and not going to hurt anyone in the long run.....just be honest with yourself and the person as well in the long run. don't meet them in person if you're not interested and don't leave the person hanging as to what's going on!
 country.girl
Msg: 14 (view)

Tired
Posted: 3/28/2010 3:34:45 PM
fred, stop trying so hard to find someone. sure the bar scene and night clubs might be filled with a lot of single women problem is what you see is what you get! some women go to clubs to get their drink on, some go just to let loose and dance, while some others go with hope of meeting a single man such as yourself. when picking from the bar scene as i said, what you see is what you get. who really wants to talk to a man or woman with beer goggles on? i know for a fact...not me! then some people would say to meet their mate at church which isn't a good thing to me since then you're seeing who's the holy roller so to say. don't look at single women over seas in other countries unless it's in driving distance and a hop, skip, and a jump away! you're in buffalo, ny and not too far off from attending an event in canada, just make sure you have a passport and hotel room to spend the night. there's also meet and greet events in new york that you can attend to. check out some of these events and sign up! also, like i said.....stop trying so hard to find someone! there are a lot of single women in here that all you have to do is drop them a line in their email and go from there. if you can't find anyone in your area then spread out your search some.....buffalo isn't the only city in new york and you're also able to cross state lines as long as the travel isn't an issue with you.

may of us aren't looking for mr or ms perfect and would accept the not so perfect as long as it's within reason. a girl friend of mine and i were joking around talking on the phone talking about mr. right. i told her i'm not looking for mr. right....i'm looking for mr. a.r. (mr. almost right). i'm far from being flawless and so is everyone else.

good luck on your search!

country.girl
Msg: 5 (view)

Why is that some people think that they can just play games with other people emotions?
Posted: 3/27/2010 8:27:34 PM
apparently, when people play games with another's emotions they're showing their own level of maturity. sure, it's fun to play games once in a while but when playing with someone's emotions or playing head games is soooo not cool! it really bugs the hell out of me as well as hurts. i'm only human just as everyone else. i also don't believe in "what comes around, goes around" with regards to playing head games with the person you're already dating unless it's another person doing the same to the person that did to you after the original person blew you off.

ummm apparently there are too many people in here including men older than me in their early 50's that not only did me wrong but did someone else wrong as well. guys, us women in here can understand if you're not interested in us....just let us know and don't ignore us! the same goes for some women towards men as well. we're supposed to be mature adults, start acting like one and give the common courtesy to let the man or woman know that you're not interested...don't make plans for a next meeting before leaving unless you mean it!
 country.girl

PGH POF Spring Fling PICTURES ~ FRI., MAR. 19 ~ 8 PM
Posted: 3/26/2010 6:36:20 PM
wow, that really bites about the new owners and all but you're right...change is good! i can't wait to see the pics from that event. i was going to host a happy hour meet but decided not to since my life changed on me a bit. i'm not in a relationship as of yet, it's just some personal changes and not sure if i'm ready to meet a bunch of people.

i'll be watching for the pics from your april 9th event!!!
 country.girl
Msg: 438 (view)

What Made You Happy Or Smile Today..?
Posted: 3/26/2010 7:14:52 AM
ummm, just when i thought i wasn't going to be able to see any longer with these murky waters here in (pocono mtns) pa i've been talking to someone on the phone for the past couple of weeks. i met him in person yesterday and spent a couple of hours. he asked me if i had plans for sunday and when i told him no i don't he said we'd talk about getting together again on sunday. i can't wait to see him again, he's really nice.
 country.girl

PGH POF Spring Fling PICTURES ~ FRI., MAR. 19 ~ 8 PM
Posted: 3/26/2010 7:10:31 AM
wow sally, i can't believe no one posted in here with your pics.....anyway, it looks like y'all had a good time. you always have some successful events over that way, it's dead as a door nail up here in the poconos.

have a great time at your next event.
 country.girl
Msg: 6 (view)

Does she want to date me or whats going on?
Posted: 3/18/2010 7:20:49 PM
it really depends on what you mean by is she showing an interest in you. you could take it as with her admitting to you of being married and unhappy and asking if you're single with her hitting around to an affair..................

or

depending on the friendship you and she had in high school. was she a close friend where she can trust on you to be there when she needs someone to confide in or were you old high school sweethearts.

my suggestion would be when you go to your next dental appointment, talk to her. she may only need a friend to talk to, one that wouldn't take sides with either her or her husband. if in fact she starts dropping little hints about messing around, explain to her that she's a nice woman and friend but that's not what you do.
 country.girl
Msg: 9 (view)

candy eggs?
Posted: 3/18/2010 1:07:28 PM
woohoo, with easter finally around the corner, i never had a chance to make the butter cream eggs that someone posted the recipe for. since i can't find them anywhere in the stores up here in the poconos...only coconut cream eggs which i don't like, i'm going to be making my own. i just can't wait!!!
 country.girl
Msg: 19 (view)

Candy--We`re all big kids when it comes to it.
Posted: 3/17/2010 8:13:14 PM
wow, my favorite kind of candy??? hmm, let's see. milky way, 3 muskateer, chocolate covered cherries, and my favorite thing of all......butter cream eggs.

does anyone have the recipe from scratch? can you email it to me???
 country.girl
Msg: 13 (view)

Picture Ratings are mystifying?
Posted: 3/15/2010 2:39:06 PM
I didn't know that either! How/where do I find that information?

if you read the post above your post you would see........................

i'm not sure if they still have it since i didn't see it but they used to have in everyone's profile "fans".

nope, just looked again........fans no longer exists in the profiles
 country.girl

Picture Ratings are mystifying?
Posted: 3/11/2010 9:36:52 PM
shoe, i'm not sure if they still have it since i didn't see it but they used to have in everyone's profile "fans". other members weren't able to see them but the owner of the profile. you were able to see who gave what but not with everyone. what they (admin) used to do was take 10 people that rated the person with scores that varies from 7-10. the list would change from time to time. i don't remember seeing an individual in fans with anything under a 7. the only way you were able to see if someone gave you a 1 was in the average with the age brackets.

oh, also, some of those women that looked decent may have also had something negative in their profile. if the member reads the profile they also can determine whether or not the person should receive a higher rating. some people also just click "5" keeping the person with an average vote since no one's completely perfect yet no one really should get a 1. a lot of women also don't like rating other women therefore giving them a lower score just as a man doesn't like rating another man.
 country.girl
Msg: 12 (view)

get togethers
Posted: 3/11/2010 9:25:17 PM
lift, the benefit of attending an event is if there is someone of interest attending the same event and you're not ready to meet the person 1 on 1, the event takes away a lot of the nervousness with the meet. you get to meet that individual as well as others. i do know that there are plenty of people that takes at least 2 hours out of their schedule to go to happy hour meet and greets. going to some of the happy hours helps to socialize with other members, gets you out of the house for a few hours, and allows you to meet other women in your area in person.

let's just say for the fun of it there's a woman you're interested in but you really don't have the time to meet her in person because of a travel (30 minutes - 2 hours), you had a hectic week at work and need some time away from the house and work and want time to socialize. you go to the meet and greet, see the woman that you're interested in but turns out that neither of you are what you're looking for...there's no hard feelings. the good thing is there may be another woman there that's interested in you but you never talked to her. who knows, she might end up going to the truck club events with you? but then again....if there's no one at the event that you're interested in and or has no interest in you, at least you got away for a few hours. remember, stress can always be found at the work place and at home.....when you're at an event, it's a stress free environment. wouldn't you like to ease your mind for a little while like that?
 country.girl
Msg: 9 (view)

Meet up event in King of Prussia area?
Posted: 3/6/2010 10:04:42 PM

how do u attract the guys?
hmmm, let's see.... not all women sign up for events, men do as well. you want to host the event someplace where it's good for everyone and not surrounded by flowers and stuff that are too feminine. how do you attract the guys? spread the word about the event (ladies to men, men to ladies), the more people that know about the event, the more success you should have with it.
 country.girl

get togethers
Posted: 3/6/2010 9:59:02 PM

I've not seen any get-togethers on here outside of the major cities (Pittsburgh, Harrisburg, and Philly area).
the reason you're seeing more evens in the major cities is because everyone in the northern half of the state of pa is more rural. a lot of people don't want to travel a distance to attend an event or aren't able to. i would love to host an event here in the pocono mtn area but with not having a car makes things harder for me. i was planning on hosting a meet and greet for happy hour at the manor inn @ the pocono's ( route 314 in mount pocono) but still waiting on the information. that place is within walking distance to me.... haha, 3 miles each way.

anyway, if there's nothing going on in your area..... speak up and find a place to host an event.

@paul, welcome back and hope you have success with events here in pa as you did in milwaukee.
 country.girl

Need ideas for events in Harrisburg area
Posted: 3/6/2010 9:48:28 PM
i'm not from the hbg area but when i lived in n. schuylkill county i hosted a meet and greet at the winner's circle saloon. it's a country bar in grantville. really nice atmosphere, live country bands, and dancing. i remember when i hosted the event there a lot of people wasn't able to find me because of where we were at (in the corral blocked by the people dancing on the lower level) there was this one man that's a regular in the saloon, he was in his 80's and having a blast dancing with all of the women there.

during the spring and summer you can also coordinate a family fun day at hershey park. i coordinated one at knoebel's amusement park a few years ago as well. when you coordinate something like that where it's in the general public all you pretty much do is reserve the tables for the guests attending to sit at instead of being scattered. you can also see about getting discounted prices for x (discuss with the people there about how many need to attend for a discount) amount of people attending. i like knoebel's better since it's free parking, free admission, only pay for the rides ridden and food. the reason i said about "only pay for the rides ridden" is because at hershey it may cost (just saying as an example) $20. per adult, $12. per child and you might not want to go on all of the rides or the kids might not want to go on all of the rides.

a family fun day is pretty much where single parents include their children when meeting someone even if it's for the 1st time..... you introduce the children to the member as a friend and see how the member is with your child(ren) just as you are with their child(ren).

pick a park..... research for state parks in the area and host an outdoor picnic/bbq that's a chip-in where everyone brings something. you don't need to hire a dj, just bring a cd player and your own music...something that's easy listening, dance, even some classic rock... just stay away from heavy metal stuff. better yet, if you have a cd burner, download the music and mix it up.

coffee meet..... pick a coffee shop or diner and reserve a section where you can have a bunch of people (not over 20 per meet or things will be confusing).

that's just a few ideas for you to throw around....good luck and have fun.
 country.girl
Msg: 27 (view)

Treated like a lady
Posted: 3/4/2010 2:48:15 PM
hey lift, i've always been the way you are without being asked. to me, it's not that i'm catering the man, it's more like i'm respecting him after working a hard day. (getting something to drink, getting his dinner out and serving it to him). i received 1 birthday card and 1 valentine's day card from my stb ex hubby (before we were married and in our own home not a rental property he was buying me a card a few times a month, i got something from him for christmas once). if a person can't afford to "buy" a card, acknowledgment of the occasion is just as good (to me anyway). when i ask "what are you up to" "where were you" or "what are you doing" in a phone conversation that's just what it is....conversation, i'm not checking up on the person. i'm pretty much asking how's your day without saying it that way. i don't demand on anyone coming to see me 24/7... once or twice a month would be fine since i'm only looking to meet as friends only right now.

mutual trust and respect are very important in any relationship and that's one thing that i'm hearing a lot of people saying they're lacking in relationships. listen people, if you're not going to treat your s.o with the trust and respect you're demanding then give it up, stop in your tracks and look back at how you've been treating your s.o and they way your s.o. has treated you! once you both see the differences, talk about it (communication) and make those changes.....if not you're going to be alone.
 country.girl
Msg: 435 (view)

Posted: 3/2/2010 9:04:17 PM
@schmotz....i'll compliment you in the morning, noon, and nite...you're very handsome with a beautiful smile as well. still hoping to meet some of my northern friends and i mean way up north, right?

@dave, hope you had a great day out on your bike back then and bet you can't wait to take it out again.

now, keeping with topic.....what made me smile is reading in the forums, talking to my "friends" in email, and not being in a whole lot of pain (the cold doesn't bother me as much the heat and humidity). can't wait until we get more snow. oh, another thing that would make me smile tomorrow is if i get accepted in an apartment. might not be moving in for a few months (if accepted) but moving closer to ny (orange county, ny)...more north of where i'm at now.
 country.girl

Valentine wishes to all you fishes
Posted: 3/2/2010 8:40:24 PM
ummm, okay dave, i'm late but i hope you had a nice valentine's day. hell, i hope some people in here were lucky enough to find love or at least go out on a nice valentine's date.
 country.girl

size
Posted: 3/2/2010 8:36:28 PM
hmmm, okay, i see where this conversation was leading up to.....

now, with all honesty, never bring up in any conversation of whether or not you're well endowed, not in the beginning of any relationship anyway. sure there's too many guys in here that have s-e-x on the b-r-a-i-n (if that's what they have in that balloon on their shoulders and not with the dreaded 1 eye snake that's south of the border) too many people think sex is the important thing in any relationship, whether or not their s.o is a bump on the log or a nympho, whether or not their partner is going rock their mate's world let alone knock the pictures off the wall. some women prefer someone that's on the smaller size while others prefer a man that's well endowed just as some men prefer smaller breasts while others prefer a woman with ummm, let's see.....dolly pardon breasts so to say. it's all a matter of preference.

i forgot what they say about the average penis size is but i'm sure you'd be able to find it in the open forums.....something about 5" or something like that? don't feel offended if you see disappointment in a woman's facial expressions, if you do then you're letting yourself down as well. only talk about the size when the time comes up (not slim or what ever guys name themselves anymore). if and when you do talk about it (the size) assure the woman you're with that just because you're not a foot long hot dog that doesn't mean that she's not going to be satisfied. never put yourself in a situation that's going to make you uncomfy and offended...that's soooo not cool with your self esteem.

ummm, on a personal side of things, i'm not one for a "pinky" so to say but then again i'm also not one that's into foot longs either. my ex bf was like a piece of italian hot sausage (in width) that was cut about 7 1/2" long and i was completely satisfied, my 1st ex hubby was about 6" while my 2nd stb ex hubby was smaller than that.

keep in mind that if you talk to women in email or on the net and tell them you're bigger then you are just to see them they're going to find out in the end..........best advise would be not to talk about it until the time's right. don't just spurt it out and say "oh btw i'm only 3" long (just saying). if and when the time is right, wait until she brings up the subject then casually tell her "it's not very big but can put a smile on your face" and if you're to the point where you and she both have roamin' hands then let her be the judge of things....just don't let her start something she's not going to finish. if you both have roamin' hands then tell her (in a jokingly manner) "why don't you tell me what you think?" if the woman laughs or has something to say then she wasn't the woman for you.

geez, i really need a drink after this one... just kidding about the drinking but i am going to make a cup of tea.
 country.girl
Msg: 22 (view)

Treated like a lady/man
Posted: 1/20/2010 9:35:09 AM
hahaha, my ex boyfriend called me on new years eve day wanting to meet up with me and have fun like we used to. i told him i don't know. he proceeded to ask me what his chances were on getting together with me....slim, good, or great! my answer to him was "slim since you (he) already knows what i want and as long as his supposedly (ex)girlfriend is still in the picture i want nothing to do with him regarding sex." told him that he and i can still talk as friends only but nothing more than that. oh, btw, this is the ex boyfriend that strangled me and kicked me in my nose and broke it. he and i were fwb and are now just "friends only".

it's not cool when someone asks you for sex or to be an fwb. i know that i wanted to and still want to move on with my life. i'm not a toy or plaything for anyone's sexual pleasure and i personally feel as if there are a lot of women that feel the same....they all know who they are!

geez, i wish more people other than the regulars would post in here, we all used to have a blast!
 country.girl

POF SINGLES EVENT THIS FRIDAY JANUARY 8th COUNTRY DANCE PARTY AT The Wardell in Phillipsburg NJ
Posted: 1/18/2010 9:43:45 AM
hope y'all had a good time there. didn't see who was all attending but maybe if it was posted as an event more than just a day in advance and moved over you may have had a good attendance.

any country places up here in the pocono's? i heard memory town isn't open anymore, tried to find them in the phone book and they're not listed. not having a car makes it hard for me to get around to at least see if the bar's still open for business.
 country.girl
Msg: 432 (view)

Posted: 1/18/2010 9:18:32 AM
okay, i can't say much of me personally for what made me happy or smile today but one thing that regards another woman which is a dear friend.... brenny. i'm sorry that you didn't have a good birthday yesterday but i hope your spirits start to lift and rise to match that friendly smile in your eyes!
 country.girl
Msg: 20 (view)

Treated like a lady/man
Posted: 1/18/2010 9:15:55 AM
@shorty...thank you.

hmmm, i was watching that movie "hitch" again with will smith in it and some of what he said made sense especially the last thing he said. ummm, maybe they should have a female version of the same movie, maybe some guys would learn from that?
 country.girl
Msg: 6 (view)

Emoticons
Posted: 1/18/2010 9:02:51 AM
here's where you can find the emoticons...

http://forums.plentyoffish.com/datingPosts1485062.aspx

keep in mind that not all of the emoticons can be used in the emails or head lines but can be used in the forums. also watch out when editing or you will have the problem i did above.
 country.girl

Emoticons
Posted: 1/18/2010 8:57:23 AM
here's where you can find the emoticons........
http://forums.plentyoffish.com/datingPosts1485062.aspx

keep in mind that not all of the emoticons can be used in the emails but can be used in the forums. also watch when doing :up: (up) and :down: (down) since i had problems where they got mixed up as you might see. :peace:

edit: uggg, i should have left it alone!

country.girl
Msg: 99 (view)

no sex for 15 months
Posted: 1/18/2010 7:19:51 AM
hmmm, let's see? after my ex boyfriend and i broke up back in 2005 we became fwb for a while. we're still friends but now there's no benefits, that ended in august 2008. it's because of something he said. i was hurt in a car accident over 3 yrs ago and the comment that was made was because of no one being interested in dating me at least i can have sex with him. once that was said and i felt as if he was seeing me out of pity i put a stop to that! i haven't had sex in going on 3 yrs and don't give a rats azz about it right now. if a guy can't accept me for me and respect my wishes then he's not worth it! sex is the least of my worries and friendship comes first.
 country.girl
Msg: 18 (view)

Treated like a lady/man
Posted: 1/18/2010 6:44:56 AM
dave, you mentioned quite a bit on how women like to be treated as well and that goes to show that you have respect and asking respect in return. i met you (and rax) in person along with a few other guys (at one or more of the pig roasts in reading) so i get the gist on how you are. you are honorable gentlemen that deserve to be treated as an equal and nothing less.

now, here's how i would treat the man that i'm with (not saying i'm with someone) or any other man......

honesty - all men and women believe in honesty (or at least i hope so). we're not in high school or grade school anymore so as mature adults (even though we like to have water fights every now and then and horse play) we have no room in our lives for games (unless they're board/card games).

respect - we all like to be treated with respect equally, we've been down that road 1 time or the other where we got treated like sh1t and the best thing to do is treat the person as if you'd like to be treated.

listen (pay attention) - because some things aren't able to be repeated when someone needs personal input. also the fact that in order to understand a person more you have to pay attention to what they're saying...don't just hear what they're saying but listen to.

communication - okay, we're all over 30 now (or most of us are) and no one wants to be treated like a child let alone talked to like one. if 1 person talks to you as if you're an adult then don't you in return talk to that person like they're a child. ie: doggy, fishy, kitty cat, etc. talk to your mate verbally and not sexually and learn to pay attention to what they're saying. communication is a 2 way street just as conversation, the more you pay attention and respond the longer it goes.

sex - not all guys demand sex right away but some do the same with some women as well.....no one's bad because of wanting sex, to me it's because of not that they're horny or sex crazed but more the less missing something that they desired and feeling the need to be comforted/secured. now, they say ask and you shall receive...sure, it's that way in a lot of things but with regards to sex that's one thing that has to let nature take it's course. don't put sex of any kind into any agenda when meeting, it may never happen!!!
 country.girl

Why is it?
Posted: 1/16/2010 7:40:23 PM
star, ummm, how can i say this without sounding weird or mean??? okay, here i go....it's rare that you would find a woman in here that's bi-sexual and or bi-curious unless she mentions it in the open forums about gay/lesbian relationships. i wouldn't mind talking as friends but that's as far as it would go....i'm neither bi-sexual nor am i bi-curious. if you want friends....we're all friends in here.

now, keeping with topic.....why is it...............that you talk to someone on the phone for 3 months, planned on meeting before the holidays but realized the holidays were too close so plans were made for this weekend. he tells you he has to work (a side job) but with your history with guys in here you have doubts? why can't the guy be straight up forward and completely honest (he's not into games but played them himself) and tell the person on the phone instead of email?????? oh my frakin god, i'm really tired of this
 country.girl

Barnaby's Happy Hour, West Chester, PA 19382
Posted: 1/16/2010 7:29:32 PM
hello denise....blakeslee is about 12 miles from both...where i'm at in pocono summit and also the pocono manor inn. do you know someone in blakeslee?

anyway....back to topic...

i'm going to check in to see if they're are any pics from the event...i hope to see pics from this coming event as well.....i can make them but at least i'm able to see people having a good time.
 country.girl

Anyone from the Harrisburg area?
Posted: 1/16/2010 7:41:17 AM
i hosted an event at the winner's circle saloon (grantville, pa) a couple of years ago which was about 45 minutes from harrisburg (81 north coming from hbg) but since i moved from where i used to live and have no car it would be hard to host another one there. there's plenty events being hosted in west chester, pittsburgh, and even in erie pa and none hardly here in nepa.........daum, we better get crackin up here.

Show ALL Forums