Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: secrets about men
 DDay555
Msg: 10 (view)

secrets about men
Posted: 3/16/2009 4:44:41 AM
With all the women making general statements about men we really didn't need another male bashing generalization.

How about you change the title of this thread to "secrets about me" for accuracy and speak for yourself?

DDay555
Msg: 32 (view)

How Much to Disclose on your Profile ...
Posted: 2/22/2009 5:08:52 PM
That actually might limit yourself from some good people. I chat with a couple of people, male and female, that don't necessarily post or post much at all. They're just as articulate as you or I, but just simply prefer to not participate as much as some of us do.
 DDay555
Msg: 23 (view)

Dating a married man or women.
Posted: 2/22/2009 5:03:38 PM
Morally, that's wrong. You are taking part of the cheating by being the object of his attentions. That's like saying the person that's driving the get-away car isn't guilty of helping rob the bank...

It's a cop-out to say that you're not one of the guilty parties.
 DDay555
Msg: 18 (view)

How Much to Disclose on your Profile ...
Posted: 2/22/2009 8:20:24 AM
In all serousness though...

I don't think it's a matter of how recently they have divorced, but more in the lines of "Have you healed yet"?

Just because you're divorced it doesn't mean that you're done with the other person or that their actions still don't affect you. In the one case of a friend of mine, she's been divorced for a while, but still is bitter toward the X and it's obvious from how she speaks. In no way do I feel that she is dateable because it came up in every conversation we ever had eventually. Not that I don't mind listening while she vents, but it gets tedious.

So it's not a matter of time, it's a matter of dealing with the issues IMO.
 DDay555
Msg: 68 (view)

I met a fantastic girl, saw her once, but I am married, what is my next step
Posted: 2/22/2009 8:12:36 AM
Well, contrary to opinion, not all men are scumbags. In fact, a good chunk of us actually have... Get this... Morals! Can you imagine?
 DDay555
Msg: 48 (view)

Do you try Anal with a Woman or do you ask first?
Posted: 2/19/2009 4:29:51 AM

OMG I can't believe how dumb SOME men really are sometimes....................

Fixed that for ya...
 DDay555
Msg: 35 (view)

Posted: 2/17/2009 7:49:53 PM

Seriously dude... If you have to ask ...

How would you feel if she showed up in the bedroom wearing a strap on without talking to you about her little "Fantasy"???

Put the shoe on the other foot.

DDay555
Msg: 28 (view)

Woman and mind games
Posted: 2/17/2009 7:45:07 PM
I didn't read that as all of those traits or games are from one person, but rather an explanation of any of the behavior should it be observed.

If you're not the type to play these games, more power to you, but after reading that I can see my X wife in a few of those.
 DDay555
Msg: 25 (view)

Left over corn tortilla chips?
Posted: 2/17/2009 7:37:09 PM
That actually sounds pretty good....
 DDay555
Msg: 17 (view)

Salmon
Posted: 2/12/2009 3:08:46 PM
Smoked Salmon is the same concept as making Jerky. Most important ingredient is salt. When you smoke or dehydrate meat, it needs to cure, which is why most marinades for this have a high salt content or use soy sauce.

You could get yourself some crab from the local store and make yourself crabmeat stuffing, roll the fillet around it and grill it too. I do that with Flounder and Sole, comes out great.

Crabmeat stuffing is easy to make once you get all the crab out of the shell. Lump Crab meat works too, but depending where you are, is expensive.
 DDay555
Msg: 12 (view)

HELP!! what am I doing wrong??
Posted: 2/12/2009 3:02:46 PM
Yup yup... Those be drop cookies... There's nothing out there pre-made that can replace a "Real" cookie dough. It's really not that hard to make cookies from scratch.

A drop cookie is designed to be broadcast onto the pan usually with a spoon in a "Drop". They spread out as they cook.

There's a few decent recipies if you do a quick search on the Net using your favorite search engine.
 DDay555
Msg: 20 (view)

Posted: 2/11/2009 10:10:42 AM
Is it me or are posts getting deleted in this thread at an alarming rate?
 DDay555
Msg: 73 (view)

Seperated is NOT single......or is it?
Posted: 2/5/2009 4:56:50 AM
The only person doing that is you. Did you NOT read any of the posts from the people that are Divorced already? It DOES make a difference... An emotional one when it's finally over. A sense of freedom and yet a feeling of sadness. Then there needs to a healing period...

The rest of us that have gone through this understand the difference. If you can find someone that's willing to date you throughout that ordeal, then you're doing excellent. The main thrust and point of most people's posts is that they want to KNOW, up front, what's in store for them if they do happen to take a liking to someone.

Again, that's really not too much to ask...
 DDay555
Msg: 9 (view)

Posted: 2/4/2009 9:45:18 AM
That's WAY too much work for crumbs SS... Do you hold on to the breadcrumbs leftover from your white bread and make meatloaf or something every few months?

I'd use them there crumbs on top of a bowl of Chili along with some Cheddar, Onions and JalapeƱo...
 DDay555
Msg: 37 (view)

Profile pictures with CHILDREN!!!!
Posted: 1/29/2009 4:44:39 AM
A Singles Meet Event like the ones planned here are usually at bars, include drink and dancing. That's what I was referring to. An event that's about snowmobiles and the like is NOT specifically just for single people as an event and therefore isn't the same for obvious reasons.

As for taking your kid out with you on a date... Good luck with that...

I notice you dind't answer my question: Does the MOTHER know that you posted your child's picture at a dating site?

Nice job of skirting the issue and trying to justify your reasoning though...
 DDay555
Msg: 6 (view)

goose
Posted: 1/28/2009 4:32:26 AM
Take your pick:
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&rlz=1T4GZAZ_enUS223US223&as_q=Goose+recipes+&as_epq=&as_oq=sumac+sage+mint&as_eq=&num=10&lr=&as_filetype=&ft=i&as_sitesearch=&as_qdr=all&as_rights=&as_occt=any&cr=&as_nlo=&as_nhi=&safe=images

Google is our friend too...
 DDay555
Msg: 35 (view)

Posted: 1/28/2009 4:21:23 AM
Would you take your child to a Singles Meet Event? Same rules apply IMO. People are not here to date your children nor should they be used as "Bait" to show that you care about them. You can broadcast that through solid communications to whomever you Email, so there's really no excuse. Or, *GASP*, you can write it in your profile and spend some time actually writting something solid! Holy smokes, can you beleive you actually can do that and have that option???

They should ban all pictures of people with their kids here. If you're Separated or Divorced does your X know that you've posted pictures of the kids? Better watch out for how that would go over in court. I'm sure I'm not the only one that feels it's inappropriate. Why not ask a Judge what they think during your custody battle?

Stupid is as stupid does.
 DDay555
Msg: 6 (view)

What would you do??
Posted: 1/24/2009 2:24:50 PM
Time for counseling?
 DDay555
Msg: 24 (view)

Women what do they want from a guy
Posted: 1/24/2009 2:00:50 PM

What I want from a guy, is to find one who doesn't lie to me just to get me into bed, and then not call me the next day. Why is it that when women describe the perfect man, they say he is nice, funny, has something in common with them but when men describe the perfect woman, they say, blonde, 36-24-36?

I want a guy who actually cares who I am, and doesn't just want to take me out and buy me stuff. A guy who wants me for who I am, not what I look like.

That's a fairly general statement about all men... Keep looking, there's better out there than that.

Keep
 DDay555
Msg: 71 (view)

Separated is NOT single......or is it?
Posted: 1/24/2009 1:49:51 PM
What's the difference between not being up front about your marital status as it would be if you listed yourself as taller or skinny if you're really a few extra pounds? I fail to see any at all.

If you can not take a good hard look at yourself and then post an honest profile based on the truth then do not be surprised by rejection after the fact.

Who the hell wants to find out later that you're really not Divorced, but Separated waiting to go through all the nasty steps of becoming Divorced? I'd want to know if you've been married before and Divorced, it's a different situation than being Single your whole life and your experiences will vary.

I'd want to know that and go into a relationship with BOTH my eyes open to the facts so anything less than the REAL truth is deception. I would like to decide for myself if I care to get involved in a sticky situation like that. That's really not that much to ask considering you would want to be judged by who you are honestly in a relationship.
 DDay555
Msg: 34 (view)

Why is so hard to date after 40???
Posted: 1/24/2009 1:42:35 PM
You mean that most of them read something like this:

"I'm a nice girl, above average looks and sincere. Looking for THE ONE to take care of me and sweep me off my feet. I really don't want to waste any more time on writing in my profile because I want to browse the pictures and find the best looking tall guy that has a full in box and compete for the top 1% of the guys here."

Then we have the "I have no clue what punctuation or capitalization is" where their profile reads like a wall of text:

"im a nice girl above average looks and sincere looking for the one to take care of me and sweep me off my feet i really don't want to waste any more time on writing in my profile because i want to browse the pictures and find the best looking tall guy that has a full in box and compete for the top guys here."

And the over users of emo-cons... Etc.

Guys are guilty of the same thing though.
Just skip over them if it bothers you.
 DDay555
Msg: 30 (view)

Posted: 1/23/2009 3:03:23 PM
While I agree with some of that, I see some glaring problems...

First off, just because a couple cannot live with each other any more, it doesn't make either of them bad parents. If both separated\divorced parties are actively working together to be the best parents they can be, REGARDLESS of personal issues between them, they should be applauded, not flamed. A child IS a life-time commitment, but to the CHILD, not the other parent.

That being said, some people grow apart, or some other event happens that makes staying together possible. It seems very judmental of you to assume you understand everyone's situations, no?

The gist of most people's argument is that it's in poor taste and makes the parents look desperate to convey that they are family oriented when some good wording in your profile would do the same thing.
 DDay555
Msg: 2 (view)

Does he really want out of the marriage
Posted: 1/20/2009 4:40:45 AM

OK -- after 20 years of marriage and lots of ups and downs my husband says he just wants to be single or maybe needs to get it out of his system. But he is making no moves to actually physically leave and is sending mixed messages. What is up with that?

You have a profile on this site, you specifically say you're looking for someone to spend the next 40 years with and you're asking yourself the above question???

Do you act like this at home with him? If YOU'RE looking why are you surprised that HE senses it and wants to move on?

Hello? Anyone home? Just nod if you can hear me...
 DDay555
Msg: 31 (view)

Posted: 1/19/2009 4:30:03 PM
I'm sure the ladies say the same thing about us men dude... People lie, men, women, children... Sad but true, there's more liars than real people IMO.
 DDay555
Msg: 104 (view)

short men, tall women
Posted: 1/19/2009 4:30:53 AM
Dude...

Define "Not Interested"... Perhaps you need to work on your self-confidence and not "Go After" a women, but rather let them come to you because they are attracted to who you are?

Just sayin'...
 DDay555
Msg: 27 (view)

Posted: 1/19/2009 4:28:56 AM
Married 2X, I'm taking everything slower these days.

so why the heck are you not able to find a nice woman

Perhaps I have and feel it's nobdy's buisness?

Now, if you were like 300 pounds, was physically UN-attractive and had some stretch marks, then I would say your argument is a little more credible.

Big Gurls need lovin' too...
 DDay555

Posted: 1/16/2009 2:46:01 PM
You can lead a horse to water...

Just remember that if 98% of the time you kid is safe, there's STILL a 2% chance that they will become a statistic. That is still WAY to high a risk IMO.

Call me protective, but I work in the field and have a much better idea of the risks. There's no need to post a picture of ANYONE under the age of 18 because they're minors and you are *Supposed* to be their protector and mentor. What are you teaching your kid by posting a picture of them on the Internet about safety or privacy?

And really... We don't want to see those pictures anyway... MOST people aren't here to date your children...
 DDay555
Msg: 101 (view)

short men, tall women
Posted: 1/16/2009 2:34:59 PM
You don't "Gotta" anything. Work on yourself and who you are. Self-confidence works wonders when it comes to attracting the opposite sex.

And if that don't work there's this operation....
 DDay555
Msg: 99 (view)

short men, tall women
Posted: 1/15/2009 4:08:52 AM
That was a pretty insensitive remark, no? Your sad attempt at humor is a huge *FAIL*.
 DDay555
Msg: 134 (view)

small breast appreciation
Posted: 1/11/2009 11:22:52 AM
I don't really have a preference as long as it's not too little or too much. Anywhere in the vast middle works for me though.
 DDay555

Ladies...now the rug can match the drapes......
Posted: 1/11/2009 9:14:02 AM
Well... If it was THAT important to them, I might consider it. Aside from that, I'm pretty content to let nature do her thing...

And ladies: Not ALL of us like a bare runway... Makes ya look like a little gurl, not a woman IMO. Trim? Yes. Shave it all? No please don't
 DDay555
Msg: 21 (view)

Posted: 1/11/2009 7:59:56 AM
Gives new meaning to the term "Go Green" now, doesn't it?
 DDay555
Msg: 96 (view)

short men, tall women
Posted: 1/10/2009 2:36:28 PM
Now, there we agree... If short men should be taken at their "Not so perfect" height then larger women should be embraced the same way. As far as my comment, if the shoe fits... Spiritual people don't worry about things like height, they're interested in soul and that's their focus.

What's annoying is that most ladies just don't get it. There's some brilliant minds and great guys that are shorter than the "Average" we have established in the USA. Napoleon was a tiny man and yielded great power. So the FIRST thing you do is eliminate a potential due to a physical characteristic that cannot be easily changed? Think about how that comes off...

A woman doesn't like her breasts? No problem, they can get them fixed and a lot do. Want a Brazilian Butt Lift? NOOO problem... Getting older and keeping the pounds off are a problem because you don't have the time to exercise or your metabolism slowed down? Noooo problemo, we can fix that too.

Now, what options are available for the short guy? 1 dangerous and painful surgery...
Somehow, that just doesn't seem like an option that's practical. At least bald men can wear hair pieces to disguise their hair lose...

So while I can appreciate a "Preference", I think I'd rather be judged on who I am and not pre-judged because I'm vertically challenged somewhat.

I'd like to see weight as the same requirment as height in the profile section... Now THAT would even the playing field.
 DDay555
Msg: 18 (view)

Posted: 1/10/2009 11:15:38 AM
Wow... Cool... Now you can get rid of ALL your gray hair!

Just sayin'...
 DDay555
Msg: 29 (view)

Insecure about genitals.
Posted: 1/10/2009 11:13:07 AM
Sounds to me like he's facinated with your genitalia. Don't sweat it. Find creative ways to use what ya got!
 DDay555
Msg: 14 (view)

What do you do?
Posted: 1/10/2009 11:03:42 AM
OP: Be the better person... Been there, been on the receiving end.

My X used to bash me every chance she could. My Daughter saw it for what it was and it drove her to me over time. We are closer for all of that and she now sees her mother as the bitter person that she is.

This behavior also showed everyone (with a brain) around us WHY we were divorced. It's immature, attention-seeking and shallow.

Lead by example and don't stoop to the same level. Live by your own moral code and people will respect you for it. It shows more strength NOT to fall into their trap by responding back in the same manner. You WILL sow the seeds that you plant now at a later date and will not regret being the more mature person.
 DDay555
Msg: 94 (view)

short men, tall women
Posted: 1/10/2009 10:57:11 AM
Now now... Eventually they'll figure out how to fix being short. I mean, after all, they figured out how to vacuum extra fat, make boobs bigger, make butts more round, make lips more puffier... Oh wait.. Most of that was designed for women... Does that indicate that the market for all this self-improvement via artificial means is because women are more vain about appearances than men are?

No need to even mention Gender Change operations.

I guess we need more short plastic surgeons so they get on this right away...
 DDay555
Msg: 92 (view)

short men, tall women
Posted: 1/10/2009 10:27:24 AM
For someone that's after spiritual growth you sure are pretty material... Nice job on that self-improvement thing.

Talking out of both sides of your mouth. They call it a "Soul Mate" for a reason. The "House" that the person's soul happens to live in should make no difference to a truly spiritual person.

Sebastian: Since you cannot contribute anything intelligent to the conversation, why don't you go troll somewhere else? Name calling? How mature of you.
 DDay555
Msg: 19 (view)

Dating a married man or women.
Posted: 1/10/2009 10:19:45 AM
Picky picky... At least you can READ my posts... BTW: You missed where I Spelled receiving wrong a few posts back... Care to point that out too?

Just sayin'...
 DDay555
Msg: 61 (view)

I met a fantastic girl, saw her once, but I am married, what is my next step
Posted: 1/9/2009 10:08:17 AM

This dude erased his profile and peeps r still adding their comments..how funny is that! Har!

Seems that most posters didn't bother to check that before flaming him...
 DDay555
Msg: 16 (view)

Dating after divorce.
Posted: 1/8/2009 4:53:45 AM
12/31/08????

Holy crow dude, if that's the case you are NOT dating material yet. No matter what you THINK, you are going to be mentally bringing on baggage to any new relationship for a while. Take some time for yourself and enjoy being "You" for a period. Once you do that you'd be surprised at how women read that you're "Ready" for dating and not otherwise a poor prospect. Nobody wants to be the rebound relationship.
 DDay555
Msg: 37 (view)

Does Participation In The Forums Make Her More Appealing?
Posted: 1/8/2009 4:49:02 AM
^^^^^^^^
Proves my point now, doesn't it?

Meh, "Great A$$?". "Dude"?
The OP was blind as well.
 DDay555

Posted: 1/6/2009 4:25:26 AM
That's a little different. You're in your 30's and you're active. The older we get, the harder it is to keep your shape. When you're working full time and have responsibilities like children, you don't have the same amount of time that you used to. So the gym gets put off in favor of going food shopping, or a weekend hike gets replaced with figuring out how to refinance your mortgage so you keep your house. Life simply gets different as you get older and it affects dating.

I used to run all over the state with a buddy of mine to go hike and fish as many places as possible. The days of hiking 5 miles into the woods, uphill carrying full fishing gear and lunch, are long over for me. Doing so when I was younger conditioned me, but I have no desire to drop dead of a heart attack in the middle of the woods.

That doesn't mean that I'm not still active, but I'm realistic in what we *should* look like in our 40's. Hey, my butt isn't as tight as it used to be, so how can everyone expect hers to be? The most important thing IMO is tolerance and compromise that should come with maturity. Having unreal expectations is simply that: Unreal, not gonna happen.

So, enjoy being under 35 because you're going to get here soon enough. Stop and smell the roses dude, it's worth it. Been there, done that.
 DDay555
Msg: 29 (view)

Did my wife do a guy in Vegas?
Posted: 1/5/2009 4:24:14 AM
Robert:
Too bad he deleted his profile so quick. He advertised that he was looking for fun outside his marriage and then came here asking this stupid question.
 DDay555
Msg: 27 (view)

Is just being in each others company and sex a relationship?
Posted: 1/4/2009 9:56:34 AM
Exactly...

Everyone shows their feelings differently so that too needs to be part of the "Match" in a relationship. If what he shows is good enough for you, then it's fine. If you want public displays and need to showcase your relationship, then you need to find someone else cause it ain't gonna happen with him from the sounds of it.
 DDay555

Posted: 1/4/2009 9:50:44 AM
Good one!

All expence paid trip to Vegas .... $2800.00
drinks and a night out dancing....$80.00
Long distance phone call...$4.00

Giving your cheating spouce a taste of his own medicine......priceless.
 DDay555
Msg: 13 (view)

Do women think nice guys are bad in bed?
Posted: 1/4/2009 9:19:29 AM
Nah.... When they beg you to stop, that's when you know you're good...

What she said:

We think nice guys are just dandy in bed. It's the nice ones that surprise you by being dirty filthy animals. rawr.

Besides-most guys that talk a big game are just that-talk.

And when all else fails, cowgirl him until you're satisfied.

DDay555
Msg: 20 (view)

Posted: 1/4/2009 8:57:52 AM
How fitting... The guy got what he deserved even if she didn't cheat on him. He had a profile up looking for something on the side and then got a taste of his own medicine.

Isn't guilt a wonderful emotion?

Now that's priceless....
 DDay555
Msg: 36 (view)

Does Participation In The Forums Make Her More Appealing?
Posted: 1/4/2009 8:49:35 AM
I agree with that concept. Since your last 5 or so posts are listed in your profile, I think it's an excellent extension of the profile itself. It's very hard to describe who you are in a profile. By reading what someone writes in the forums it gives you a better view of who they are.
 DDay555

Is just being in each others company and sex a relationship?
Posted: 1/4/2009 8:39:37 AM
Not all men like to show affection in public. Depends on how they were brought up. In my household I rarely saw any outward sign of affection as I grew up so I'm guilty of the same thing. I simply feel that a relationship is a private issue between 2 people and there's no need to expose that to the public. "Keep your stuff off the street" my grandfather always said.

That changes when I'm home though. In a relationship, I think companionship is important and so is snuggling, cooking together, watching TV with her head on my shoulder, etc. But I prefer that in a home setting and not out in public, it was the way I was taught to act.

So take this view point and hopefully try to look at your relationship with him and see if perhaps he too was brought up like this. It doesn't mean that we don't care, we just don't need to hear "Get a room" when we're out with you.

Hope that helps, good luck.

Show ALL Forums