Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Autistic Brother
 54jacquelin
Msg: 2 (view)

Autistic Brother
Posted: 1/1/2008 2:58:12 PM
Working with these kind of children everyday is a wonder... there is joy... we take life and our "normal" children for granted... I am blessed to have a normal 8 yr. old grandson who is very smart... I am also blessed to know and have known many Autistic children over the 20 years I have had the job I have... Your daughter is wonderfully honest in her writings. We can all learn acceptance from children like yours... Thanks for sharing your daughter's writings... jacki
 54jacquelin
Msg: 549 (view)

When it comes to the opposite sex, what is your weakness?
Posted: 11/17/2007 4:50:44 PM
Sense of humor... a smile... kindness... someone who thinks I am the most important person in the whole wide world... someone who accepts me for who I am and realizes I have no desire to change him...and if he is tall that is all the better
 54jacquelin
Msg: 430 (view)

What is wrong with the persons profile above you in this thread?
Posted: 1/29/2007 7:29:01 AM
I think she has a wonderful smile... it is good she does not take the POF thing seriously... she is to the point and states her motives clearly... To me there is nothing wrong with anyone's profile, for it would be dull if we all said the same things...Honesty and clarity are the goals...The things that do not interest me might just be the things that interest someone else... have fun reading....
 54jacquelin
Msg: 44 (view)

Losing Faith In Love
Posted: 1/22/2007 4:31:12 PM
Never lose faith in anything... It is hard and yes people do disappoint... One MUST keep on trying... Sharing and love are wonderful... and anything worth having is worth working for... I believe and I am still out there with an open heart... open mind... and a willingness to share... Now does that mean I would take just anyone... nope but I do give chances for people to show their best... The right person might contact you in a minute and hour or a day maybe later than that... we must all open our hearts and minds... Good luck to you who are looking... I know I have met some wonderful people here... None have been the right one for me yet but I have shared some smiles, laughs, and good times...
 54jacquelin

Taking a girl out on a date do they even happen anymore
Posted: 1/12/2007 7:11:43 AM
Yes, there are great guys out there... I have met several and have had some really fun dates... and believe it or not they did not expect anything... I have even paid for some things, but in general the men will not let me pay... I do feel uncomfortable when they try to buy me a gift... I believe in men still... they are as wonderful as ever... and if a jerk comes along then I move on... yes, honestly there are a few jerks maybe 2%... so keep a good attitude. SMILES and good wishes for you
 54jacquelin
Msg: 11 (view)

Why is it so hard to find our soul mate?
Posted: 1/4/2007 8:43:09 AM
This is a hard one... It is hard to find the right person...but the time we are searching is a time for growth...I was married for 30 years and he has passed... being marriend that long is not easy either... many changes happen in 30 years... I think it is that all relationships take work and most are not up for the task... Marriages fail so do relationships... I see people spend thousands of dollars on weddings only to divorced in a few years... it all seems crazy to me. One of the problems, I think, is we think the 2 sould become 1... what a crazy concept... we should love and support our differences, be thankful that the one we care about is doing something they enjoy, instead of wanting to change them. Each time there is a difference of opinion, it is ok! Most people fight over silly stuff...I do believe that we all have more than one soul mate... I have found 3... One- when I was 17 and he was killed in Viet Nam... 2 my best friend of 40+years Debbie (yes she is a lady and no we are not lovers just wonderful friends)... and My late husband... Their souls touch mine and are part of my very existance...I would be happy to share my soul with another...
 54jacquelin
Msg: 6 (view)

A story to share.
Posted: 1/4/2007 8:25:22 AM
You give us all hope! I just know that somewhere there is a special someone for me out there... congratulations and my wishes for a happy life together... Smiles jacki
 54jacquelin
Msg: 50 (view)

How dumb am I?
Posted: 12/27/2006 8:36:31 AM
How sad this whole post is and some of the replies... you are the victum girl... your pictures show a happy girl with lots of friends... I am sure the picture with your friends was a snap shot to capture a happy time and not just your breasts...Be proud hold your head up high... The guy was a jerk and yes they are out there... Should you give up? NO! You have the right for happiness... I agree that there should be a place to report married men or true jerks... I have even heard there are some married women and lady jerks looking for $$$... Girl keep the faith and I hope you find what you are looking for... and may that guy get what he deserves... You are Beautiful, do not listen to the judgemental people they are not happy with their own lives.... jacki
 54jacquelin
Msg: 19 (view)

No Ex Bashing
Posted: 12/26/2006 10:14:09 PM
Wow... I could write pages and pages on this...I was so lucky to be married to the man I was married to. We were married for 30 years and he taught me much... I am who I am today because of him... Was it all good? NOPE... There were many unbelievable trials but with each one I became stronger... I divorced him a year and a half before his death... There were good reasons... The day before he died I called him... he told me he loved me and had alway loved me and would alway love me... God gave me a wonderful present... a good-bye... he knew I was the type that needed it... the next morning a call came from a hospital and as each word the doctor delivered got worse I was grateful for the words my Ex had said to me... I miss the person he was... I guess I should include the reason I had to divorce him...for maybe somewhere out there it might make someone chose to not uses drugs... he was older when he tried drugs... he thought he could get more done make more money... Money was never that important... The fact was he lost everything... all the toys, homes, sail boat, his family and finally me... it was unbelievable... the boy next door turned into a monster... I had no choice... I am glad my family and I made it out alive... there were times I did not think there was any hope in life... today life is GREAT... but I still miss the man I married, the father of my 2 sons, a great man... but drugs took all that... I would never bash him... but I put our story out there in hopes it may change someone.... Drugs = Death... it was a Cerbral Hemerage... Now he had not used for 9 months prior to his death but the damage was done... There is much healing yet to be done in my home by our children... My grandson helped me to say no more and get the strength to stop the insanity.... Tyler is now 7 and he is my hero....
 54jacquelin
Msg: 8 (view)

showing my picture
Posted: 12/16/2006 6:38:54 PM
*believe
 54jacquelin
Msg: 7 (view)

showing my picture
Posted: 12/16/2006 6:35:38 PM
Be brave and post a picture... there is someone out there that will think you are wonderful. This is a harsh world, people think beautiful people have it so good... I ask then why are most of the truly beautiful people in and out of relationships ie. actors and actresses, models and so forth? Beauty is within... for me I do have a type I like... That is what I look for... I have one friend that is my type as far as the looks department but he is not a keeper... he has anger issues and has many women... he is a user... I stay his friend because once in a while I see his beautiful side...but I am still looking for the one that I can see his beautiful side all the time... keep an open mind and an open heart... use the writing part of the profile to express your inner beauty and then contact every lady on this site... I think you will be surprised... we ladies do read... they may just look because you may remind one of someone they cared for very much and you may win the POF lottery...The thing to remember is you must try and keep trying... have pictures posted that are fun... I hate the ones with beds, bare chests or are suggestive of the fact that they are looking ot score... have a kind SMILE! I can not believe the men that post pictures with mean looks on their faces-down right scary.... i wish they would start a site for - Honestly trying to find love people...but what would they call it?
 54jacquelin
Msg: 6 (view)

i dont know whats wrong whit me but i cant seem to find the one
Posted: 12/13/2006 10:29:39 PM
you did just fine... communication is a matter of the heart not spelling...just hang in there... you will find the right one... all I can say is I would hate to fill up on hamburger when I could wait just a little longer for steak...your steak is out there... mean while keep growing as a person so you will be ready for the lady who you deserve... smiles
 54jacquelin
Msg: 96 (view)

I was raped and now I'm worthless...advice?
Posted: 12/12/2006 7:10:39 PM
Sweetie, One of my good friends was raped by a inturder that climbed into her window. Her boyfriend was very patient and loving... he said to her " That man touched your body but he could never touch your soul" They got married a year later and have been married for many of years... There are good men out there and it is only a coward that would force a woman to have sex. It was his problem he is the sick one... Please know your worth and you did nothing wrong. You are young and you have a whole life time of love ahead of you... Do not give this person any power over you... lift your head up and remember that most women have had bad experiences. Be proud that you have the courage to post this and there is lots of good advice here... Smile and love
 54jacquelin
Msg: 18 (view)

making somebody fall in love with you
Posted: 12/5/2006 8:22:21 PM
I say no...but I sure would like for someone to grow in love with me again!
It is a difficult task to find that someone special... there are a lot of special people out there, but there is something special that endears us. I have no idea what that is and I have been lucky enough to find it 2 times in my life... I loved when I was just 17 he was taken away by Viet Nam. I grieved for 6 years... sounds like a long time but then I met the man I would marry when the time was right. We were married for 30 yrs... He has passed... I was lucky to have spent even a moment with either... The first was love at first sight, such a sweet soul... the second, we grew in love (fell hard in about 3 months) and the love grew from that day on... Yes, I repeat I sure would like to grow in love again...
 54jacquelin
Msg: 3 (view)

it was a fluke really
Posted: 12/3/2006 11:28:53 AM
We all want to believe in fairytales... yes sometimes they do come true... Who knows what avenue it will take to find the one who inspires you to be the best you can be? That is why I am still here, because I believe... Nothing great comes to any man/woman unless he/she has courage.... Good luck in your life and romance... Smiles jacki
 54jacquelin
Msg: 175 (view)

Why is a decent girlfriend so hard to find?
Posted: 11/17/2006 7:09:23 AM
Now I have a Question for you...WHY IS A GOOD BOYFRIEND SO HARD TO FIND?
I guess it goes both ways. After 30 yrs. of marriage, I find myself out there again. I think I am reasonably attractive. I am fun to be with... but it is 2 yrs. now, lots of dates and not a keeper in the bunch... Have news for you, I want the bad boys to stay away... I just want one hero...I remain positive and know that one day I will find my hero... In the mean time I have met some really nice people but it is not easy... Thank God for the fact that there are some nice guys out there looking. Yes, there are some nice ladies just waiting for you to find them... There is good and bad in everything just enjoy and persue... Smiles and good wishes... jacki
 54jacquelin
Msg: 27 (view)

How come no one wants to get married
Posted: 11/10/2006 8:32:47 AM
Well I was married for 30 years... would not have traded marriage for the world. Now you ask was it all wonderful? No, there were many trials. I never once thought of cheating or wanted another man. He taught me so much and I am the person today that I am because of sharing and going through the trials. Marriage? I can only hope to find the right person to share the rest of my life with,but If I don't then I am living life to it's fullest at the moment. I turly hope you find the relationship you deserve, as for me I BELIEVE...
 54jacquelin
Msg: 18 (view)

Isn't it ironic........
Posted: 10/29/2006 7:39:36 PM
Ironic...What is ironic is that it is not as easy as one would think to find the right person. Then when one does, they do not work at keeping the right person. They get lazy, do not take care of themselves, they care more about what they are feeling than what their mate feels.... shall I go on and on. If someone finds that special some one they should recall how they felt when they were looking to find that special someone... worship the relationship and have fun with your best friend, lover, etc.... SMILES jacki
 54jacquelin
Msg: 9 (view)

Need Advice
Posted: 10/29/2006 7:28:16 PM
TIME...time is the key here... you should back off and use this time to find out who you are and what you want! I know it is hard and your self-estem is crushed. You know, this could be a good thing and who knows what the future will bring... If he is not happy then you would not want to be in that kind of relationship. The truth is that he is probably not happy with himself and gambling is a form of self-abusive behavior. He probably will blame you. Do not fall for that! Now, I am not saying that you are the good one because we all have a part. Put yourself into things you like to do and your children like to do. Use this time to grow. There is a saying "if you love something set it free and if it comes back then it was meant to be" There is more truth in that than one will admit. I set my husband free after 30 years and several of his self-abusive issues of his own. He was gone for 9 months. I learned that he really was no good for me. He wanted to come home but Thank god I was strong enough with the help of others to not let him back. He died 6 months later due to his poor choices. You know I stood by that man till he died but I did not have to go back into a relationship that was toxic to me and my family. So I stand by my first statement - TIME... Be strong you are capable and worthy of being loved by the right person. Maybe that is him and maybe it isn't... Just believe! Good luck, much love and for God sakes do not date anyone for a while... you will regret it. Smiles jacki
 54jacquelin

first contact and mistakes made ..Ya imput needed
Posted: 10/28/2006 12:47:07 PM
No matter how relaxed or confident we appear, a first contact is not easy. I think we all knowe only have a short time to make an impression so we talk too much or talk too little. Keep the Faith... we are all in the same boat whether we are male or female... We all just want to be accepted... Just remember one thing Life is too important to be taken seriously and then there is the fact of Do not sweat the small stuff and all stuff is small stuff.... You know Babe Ruth was once asked why he hit so many home runs and he replied I just got up to bat more times than the others.... Smiles and have a great day jacki
 54jacquelin

Favorite Dog Breed?
Posted: 10/28/2006 12:38:53 PM
I also put in a vote for shih tzus... I adopted Darla from the pound about 2 years ago.... she is a blessing... you are right they do not bark much, are very loving and good with kids. my grandson loves her and she puts up with a 6 yr. old... I also love her long fu-fu fur and her big eyes... I have had most small to medium breeds and each has their own unique traits... Have a wonderful day smiles jacki
 54jacquelin
Msg: 127 (view)

Why can't ment show respect for a women
Posted: 10/28/2006 7:39:56 AM
Whew, it took a long time to get through all of this and I guess it all reminded me of a story or two kids.
First Kid- placed in a room with all kinds of wonderful toys. She sits there and does nothing... In fact she cries... the people outside the room who are watching are confused. They enter the room and ask why doesn't she play with the toys? She says that soon she will have to leave the room and can not have any of the toys...
Second Kid- placed in a room with hills and hills of nothing but MANURE... she gets up and runs to the hills and plays and rolls in the manure... this too confuses the observers...soon they enter the room and ask Why are you so happy and playing like this? She says with a giggle " With all this horse s**t there must be a pony somewhere"... Isn't that the case with the dating site thing? JUST HERE LOOKING FOR MY PONY and playing in the manure can be a lot of fun if you have the right perspective.... Smiles jacki
 54jacquelin
Msg: 24 (view)

Younger men..
Posted: 10/27/2006 10:35:50 PM
Hmmmm... Interesting subject... I have dated ten years younger and ten years older. Some of the older guys really act OLD and I do not want to be brought down by old and grumpy... I think and act much younger that my actual age. I still like to play... I giggle alot... Actually age is in the mind of the person... Now I do not think I could date someone less than 10 years younger than me, too much like dating my son... To be truthful, I prefer men close to my age...Although I try to keep an open mind. I do also have to confess not only the young ones are looking to hit it and leave it... there are some old dogs out there too... woops, sorry dogs I should keep in mind that dogs are loyal, and can lick their own balls... (blush, blush did I say that?) guess I am being too honest... Guess the real point is, I want a real relationship as I suspect most ladies here really desire... I have heard that there are ladies here that do not desire anything more than a meaningful one night stand... Yeck... Hope I was not too honest and maybe I should have been more honest? I guess we all hope that one day we will meet the person we can make happy and that will bring joy and happiness to our lives... isn't it all about sharing...
 54jacquelin
Msg: 4 (view)

superficiality
Posted: 10/26/2006 11:14:58 AM
Hi, Noticed that no women have commented as of yet on this topic. We are in a society that causes superficialality. We are taught that beauty is a reason to get to know someone. Only the people that are secure with who they are seem to be willing to get to know people who do not meet the requirements of the norm or exceed it. We are as a nation spending millions on plastic surgery. If we are not the most beautiful we have low self-estem. Then there are those who contact someone for the way they look and think they would be interesting know, only to find they are rude or have an adjenda to score. I find there are a lot of damaged people out there who if they only would enjoy each person for their good qualities they would be much happier. Do not get me wrong, I have met some really great men here, a few I still call friends today. It is not an easy task to find the right person to be a part of your life. The thing is, we have to keep trying and remaining open, remaining grateful for sharing even a few hours with another who is searching just as we are. So superficial, that all fades with time and hopefully then we can connect on a true level with a special someone... keep an open mind... smiles
 54jacquelin
Msg: 208 (view)

What is wrong with the persons profile above you in this thread?
Posted: 9/30/2006 10:02:58 AM
female is the only thing I see that is wrong... she is adorable and fun... love her lines 1.I want to see what I can get away with and still go to heaven. 2. If you have a great smile... that gets me every time... what else is left to be said? Brillant! why should I doubt a blonde... shhhhh lets let them all think we are not the sharpest stick in the wood pile...I do not read many ladies profiles but you made me giggle.... One Blonde to another Smiles
 54jacquelin
Msg: 15 (view)

ppl judge me because my ex comitted suicide
Posted: 6/17/2006 12:19:55 PM
As someone who has lost someone to suicide (mine did it slowly through drugs but it was the same as if he had put a gun into his mouth) You are not responsible for what another person does... it was his decision. You were just along for the ride... Make the best of your life from this point on and be who you really are... let this suicide have no power over you.... Life is great and should be celebrated and the best way to do that is to love.... jacki
 54jacquelin
Msg: 3 (view)

REALLY CONFUSED
Posted: 6/17/2006 11:57:17 AM
I thought only women had that kind of thing happen to them... I can only say I am so sorry you were hurt... Dating seems harsh... I was married for 30 years and he has passed on... finding myself in this world of searching for a person to give all I have to is not easy... I have trusted a few times only to have my heart dashed and tossed as if in a great ocean... I still keep trying and so must you... for I believe... I know I have a lot to offer the question is WHEN will the right person come along...When the right person comes along for you, you will know how important the person is and never take that person for granted.... hugs to someone experincing loss... smiles
 54jacquelin
Msg: 63 (view)

Women 40+
Posted: 10/13/2005 5:29:00 PM
Thank you for your kind words Moundpuppy... We are all responsible for our happiness... it is a choice... sometimes we have to look at things from different perspectives... not every thing that is bad is really bad... I believe in the good and I believe in people... some times one meets people that are not good for them but they do serve some purpose... we can learn from everything and every one... and love is the ultimate goal... whether it is the love of a friend or the love of a lifetime....
 54jacquelin
Msg: 31 (view)

50 and still hoping to find someone..are we victims of wishful thinking and unrealistic expectations
Posted: 10/9/2005 9:39:23 PM
Lindykins, the problem is you have expectations... throw that out the window and live life... all we have is the moment... the past is the past and no more than a dream... you can't fix it or change it... Your man was a jerk... you were not... It goes both ways, many men have been hurt the way you have... Never give up... by your picture I can see you have a lot to offer... If you do not remain open to the possibilities they will never happen for you... I am so sorry for your pain... but we only have one life and so what if someone screwed anyone of us over... they can only hurt us, if we allow them to... I choose to keep an open mind and an open heart... I have dated a few, even cared for some... I have learned not to regret but to let life happen and enjoy the small surpises along the way... you will find happiness if you are looking for it... Love is great and worth the effort and chances one takes
 54jacquelin
Msg: 59 (view)

Women 40+
Posted: 10/9/2005 7:51:54 PM
I think it is the men that are afraid... some have been hurt so much by women that when a truely giving one comes along he would not recognize it if it hit him beween the eyes... for myself, I am hoping to find someone who loves me more than I love them... then I know the posibilities... I believe truely in giving all I can but it is an exchange. Not that anyone should be keeping score... I had a marriage that lasted 30 years. If you ask if it was always easy the answer would be no... but if you ask if it was worth it, I would say yes...Honestly l learned so much from that man... both good and bad... I know today I was with the right man for the time we had together... did he change... Oh My yes! many times... He used to say I was married to 5 different men and all of him were him... Knowing all I know today, would I have married him? I would have to say yes... He helped me to grow up and gave me 2 wonderful sons... He passed away... the last words he said to me was I have always loved you----still love you---- and always will... that was our good-bye...that night he went to bed and never woke up... 51 years old... so ladies or men... appreciate your mates even if they act up sometimes... even If he/she is not all you think you deserve, he/she served a purpose in your life... Now the Question was Are women over 40 afraid of falling in love? They desire it... and If they are blessed to find a special someone to share life with it is a wonderful thing... Remember to think of the times you were alone and how that felt... no one to smile with, no one to hold, no one to make you feel safe... no one to snuggle with... If there is fear.....get over it and give all you have to give... for it will return--- If you are hurt, just get back up, dust yourself off and try again... life should never be spent alone... but be comfortable with yourself for the journey is a difficult one... much love to all of you out there and my wishes are for you to find your special someone...
 54jacquelin
Msg: 23 (view)

Missing the EX
Posted: 6/15/2005 9:45:05 AM
people come into your life for a reason... when that reason or you have learned the lesson they were sent to teach is over they move on... I had a dream and the only thing I remember is a cup and someone saying for me to fill the cup with good leaving no room for the bad... now you ex cheated with you on someone else... what are you thinking?? move on they are not worth your time... He is just a body and a facade he has no true meaning he would only bring you pain if you contiuned in a relationship with him... Move on to great things and keep an open mind.... lv jacki

Show ALL Forums