Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Why do some younger men want to have sex with an older woman?
 cloudthree
Msg: 327 (view)

Why do some younger men want to have sex with an older woman?
Posted: 6/12/2009 7:21:15 AM
You Got It!!! Goodman Greg,
My comfort zone is 44-55 and I have gone younger, but it sure works for me. Look after yourself and your "Tiger" will have a nasty bite for a long time. You are how you have lived!! The "Toy" boys eventually get discarded over the long term.
Yi-Ha!!!!!! Ain't life grand???
 cloudthree
Msg: 380 (view)

ETHNIC ATTRACTION...
Posted: 9/16/2008 7:28:48 AM
Personally I do not believe in discrimination. Some of my best relationships and friendships have been with other ethnic ladies. I prefer to judge the person rather than the racial background, and learning about new cultures, traditions, and language is far more interesting to me.
After all we are people sharing this small planet, and if we were to really get to know each other maybe the world might be a better place. Utopian idea probably, but isn't it worth a try??? My spin only.......
 cloudthree
Msg: 228 (view)

Do you see divorced people as damaged goods?
Posted: 9/10/2008 9:55:13 AM
Not at all....Life is an ongoing learning process, and certainly not like a "Hollywood" movie love story. Riding off into the sunset although nice and maybe desired is not reality. We learn by our errors hopefully.

"Failure is success" if we learn by it. Damaged Goods??? No I do not think so.
 cloudthree
Msg: 24 (view)

Do we have to sometimes ruin a relationship and move in together???
Posted: 8/23/2008 6:28:36 AM
From the time I entered the world of "Dating" my mother always said to me once if not a hundred times and I quote...."You Never Really Know Someone Until You Live With Them".
I have lived with great loves of my life for mostly long periods of time and for the most part it works as since I am easy to know and get along with, and I choose a person for a partner that is even tempered, not moody, jealous or other negatives.

You have to look at the Big picture and find a compatible person. Zodiac matching...Hmmmm, yes for me it worked 100% of the time. I was advised to stay clear of certain signs, and sure enough the advice was right on the money. But I realize this is a subject that will unleash a lot of debate. I speak only of my own experience.

Living together can work, but all systems must be a "Go". We are all not cut from the same bolt of cloth, but differences are what make us unique.
 cloudthree
Msg: 51 (view)

How did your first time meeting up w/ someone from POF go?
Posted: 8/23/2008 6:13:27 AM
My very first POF date was "Great".
We both drove about 50 miles and met halfway. I could see she was a bit nervous but since I am easy to talk with that soon melted away. This lady was better than I ever expected , bright, intelligent, well grounded, attractive and elegant and we laughed a lot.
We met at 2:30 pm and our time together ended at 8:00pm. She told me her POF dates usually last 15 minutes max and she looks for an escape route.
We after that and spoke and laughed many times on the phone or E-Mail. We lived in different cities which was a bit of a negative but retain a good friendship. We maybe did not have that extra spark to carry it to the next level ,or we laughed so much at each other's humor that we lost the romantic push to move forward.
Had we lived closer to each other it may have developed into more....but then who knows??
My advice is to meet people, never "Block" someone unless it becomes a case of strange behaviour or stalking. Answer your E-Mails if the person is sensible as a courtesy. It is not necessary to be rude or hurtful if you are not interested. There are ways to express your wishes.
 cloudthree
Msg: 24 (view)

Have You Ever Been Someone's All?
Posted: 8/23/2008 5:34:56 AM
Oh Yes, More than once, and it is a great feeling. I do not mean an obsessive fatal attraction type relationship, but one based on a great love and respect for each other. To know that someone in this fast paced world is really there for you is to me a feeling like no other.
You know the kind of person that can at times finish your sentences. Life is about experiences and with the right person the journey can be worth it. Just my short spin on this subject.
 cloudthree
Msg: 48 (view)

Instant Magic - anyone else find it?
Posted: 8/21/2008 4:48:02 PM
This is a good one!!! " Instant Magic" sometimes ends after the "High Dollar" dinner and a few Expensive bottles of Wine. The so called Chemistry (That Word Is Done To Death) often evaporates before the next Sunrise.
If it is there Six months from the initial meeting you might just have a winner!! If you have it then you are one of the lucky ones and make it work!!!!

cloudthree
Msg: 26 (view)

looosing yr sex drive
Posted: 7/5/2008 1:27:51 PM
At 43 you should be at the peak of your life. This could be a medical condition that needs a professional opinion. Women have told me be this can be a wonderful time in their lives, as they usually are well grounded and know what they want in life.

Intimacy is an important part of most relationships, but not the be all end all. A solid friendship with trust, loyalty, and respect, is for me a big plus in any relationship. Some of us are wired to be more romantic and sensual, others less so.
An outside medical opinion would not hurt in this case.
Good Luck......
 cloudthree
Msg: 44 (view)

Lower body hair.
Posted: 5/19/2008 11:08:45 AM
I agree, a natural woman is far more sexy than these airstrip pubes. It is a part of a woman's sex appeal. Butt Floss bathing suits started a very bad trend here, and maybe "Global Warming" ???

This is a case where bald is "Not" beautiful......

cloudthree
Msg: 206 (view)

Women who smoke are far more promiscuous.
Posted: 4/28/2008 4:39:53 PM
You know you might be right on that one. Although I am a non smoker when I really look back I have to say with some accuracy that this seems to be the norm.
Of course this is my experience only and others may differ on this issue.
Just my spin on this one.........
 cloudthree
Msg: 126 (view)

Dumped mid date!!
Posted: 4/21/2008 2:18:11 PM
How about "Dumped Mid So Called Love Affair"!!!!
Even nice guys get the shaft and often never know why!!!!!
This is a story worth relating...but maybe yes and maybe no!!! Two wrongs never make a right as our Mommy's taught us. Let it die and move on. It really is just so easy even without POF.

My Spin on that one.......
 cloudthree
Msg: 78 (view)

Would you date a woman with hair on her chest?
Posted: 4/18/2008 1:46:39 PM
Come on guys Hirsute Natural Women are back in style. The chest hair may be a bit much ,and leg hair, and maybe under arm but a natural bush beats the air strip kind any day. Bald is not always beautiful.
Heck there are even websites that glorify a natural woman.
My spin on that one for what it is worth.......
 cloudthree
Msg: 27 (view)

IS AGE REALLY A FACTOR?
Posted: 2/5/2008 6:11:05 AM
Never ever was for me. I always looked and acted at least 10-15 years younger than my actual number. My comfort zone has been 45-60 and it works!!

One of my best relationships was with a lady 23 yrs younger that I met at her age of 22. We still are fast friends, date, when we can as she moved for a career advance.

It is how you feel about each other, that is the engine that drives you. Our lives are so short that isn't happiness with mr. or mrs. right the real goal??? Seize the moment and make it work!!!
My spin for what it is worth.
 cloudthree
Msg: 4 (view)

What does it take to be successful on POF?
Posted: 1/27/2008 6:01:43 AM
My POF experience has been very positive. I have met and made friends on POF that I might never had known. Being truthful in your profiles is step number one. Deception will come back and haunt you sooner or later.
In actuality I never had a problem dating not now, not ever. POF however just broadens the base of people you can get to know. I have one great lady I met on POF that connects with me every day. We laugh ourselves to sleep vitually every night, and exchange our life experiences. Where anyone's life goes is always a question. There is someone for everyone and never let age, or miles be a deterrent. Love comes in many ways. You will know and when that day comes and above all work on it. Never let it slip through your fingers. He who hesitates is lost.

My "Spin" on that question for what it is worth.
 cloudthree
Msg: 10 (view)

Dating and horoscopes
Posted: 1/23/2008 11:12:45 AM
Yes, I believe that certain signs do click. Being a Libra I seem to blend well with Taurus. Had two Taurus ladies in my life one right after another. Both exceptional women. We are still fast friends
Then another Libra for 16 years, a Leo for 9.5 years, my best was an Aquarius a super lady another Long Termer.
Now I enjoy a great Scorpio lady. We seem to be on the same wavelength, we like so much of the same things.
Sometimes even a good relationship can run out of time for many reasons. My spin on this subject for what it worth.

Show ALL Forums