Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Message Restrictions
 sailslow
Msg: 451 (view)

Message Restrictions
Posted: 5/24/2013 7:56:44 AM
Well women are starting to figure this out...
Just noticed a woman I personally know's profile, she goes sailing with me and a friend occasionally...

She is married, getting divorced, and now has a "single" profile..

As well she is 44 but is looking to have fun with younger men right now. Her profile says 36.

Another win for the honesty and integrity brought on by Marcu's new rules.

Clearly Marcus who did not grow up in the US or Canada doesn't understand human behavior in the dominate cultures where the site is used.
 sailslow
Msg: 370 (view)

New Age Restrictions Set By Admin: Message Restrictions
Posted: 5/22/2013 1:54:07 PM
Does it really matter... Ever deal with suicidal people?

Seems like you haven't.

Regardless, Marcus better be hoping first that she is lying. If she isn't I am certain there are grounds there regardless of the outcome.
 sailslow
Msg: 367 (view)

Posted: 5/22/2013 1:39:55 PM

I will not go into specifics about another users account(s) with anyone but that user.

I will say this though, when users do have multiple profiles, POF does in fact show me both of them linked together. If a user has more than 1 profile, ALL profiles will be banned, with the same note stating why. We don't ban merely on suggestion, we ban on evidence.

That being said, you can darn well bet ya if someone posts in a forum that they are going to break the rules, we are going to follow up to see if they followed through.

Markus made it very clear earlier that breaking the rules to get around these filters would be met with action.

SO let me make sure I have this straight. You have banned a woman who opened a second profile in order to contact a suicidal person who was blocked by the age restrictions.

I have saved a copy of this thread...

I hope the kid didn't kill himself. But who cares if Marcus has errors an omissions coverage. It seems Marcus as been involved in come legal action lately. I wonder if his firm will continue the coverage after this.

Without going into user specifics, you can bet that anyone violating the rules will be held accountable.
The rules are clear. 1 profile per user. They are not 1 profile per user unless if you think you really need more.
Also you do understand that a forum ban does not remove profiles, right?
A forum ban is just that.

Mind you, when the system catches up, I would expect multiple profiles of any user to be removed.

sailslow
Msg: 313 (view)

Message Restrictions
Posted: 5/21/2013 4:32:32 PM

I've seen men complain that they feel their emails get lost in the flood of other emails. They don't like it.

I certainly sure don't complain.

I have never had any problems getting the attention of women, that is when they have an interest in me!
I met a beautiful 27 year old on here who messaged me first. No problems there.

Those who complain about no replys are sending messages to women who have no interest in them. That simple.
I won't claim that I get a reply to every message I send. I clearly don't. But when I don't, clearly no match, no worries, move on. Nothing to complain about.

And the age thing clearly isn't a solution to the problem. And the people who want to get around it will simply create fraudulent profiles. Making an ever bigger problem.

Stop trying to fix a watch with a sledge hammer.
 sailslow
Msg: 268 (view)

Posted: 5/21/2013 6:46:23 AM
Marcus is clearly showing his lack of personal maturity and understanding of modern dating here.

He started this site because no one would date him and he had to build his own kingdom, he now has a god complex.

Just because women much younger than he is won't date him, he can't possibly imagine why a younger woman would date someone older. I met a 27 year old on here last year, she contacted me, she was emotionally mature and we dated for several months and had a great time. Now I wouldn't date the 19 year old that was hitting on me at a party last weekend no matter how good looking she was, but that is up to me.

Marcus, grow up.

I'm a psychologist and I always coach my clients... Think not about the what.... what they do and the reason(excuses) they give for doing it, but rather the why.

"The first problem your patient brings you is never the real problem."

Marcus, what is really the problem here? Why? Why? Why?
 sailslow
Msg: 1 (view)

What happened to "people I have been in contact with"
Posted: 6/9/2010 8:03:05 AM
I haven't been around much lately...

But I remember a function where one could open a page that showed your contact history.

One could select either people I have contacted or people who have contacted me.

If I recall it was available through the sent email page. Anyone know where to fine it?
 sailslow
Msg: 4 (view)

Research, targeting the right women, please have a look
Posted: 1/12/2008 3:31:29 PM
Allright... Perhaps suit and tie is going a bit too far... I see your point. Not really what I am targeting... Rarely do I wear a suit these days regardless.

So a nice head shot is I suppose a better way to put it.

Thanks
 sailslow
Msg: 3 (view)

Posted: 1/10/2008 7:58:23 PM
Thanks...
The photos have really been a conumdrum for me...
Several people have told me that is my best picture... The picture that I originally had there, someone said it made me look religious, like a preacher(eeeek) ... I intend to get a good shot in a suit and tie soon and post that as my main photo.

Of the one's I have posted, which one do you like as a main photo? Me sitting with my dog?
 sailslow
Msg: 2 (view)

Posted: 1/10/2008 7:26:41 PM
Thanks...

One person's 10 is another's 4. The trick on here seems to be appearing as a 10 to the women that you are interested in while still remaining "real." That is what I am after. I know that I won't appeal to everyone, don't want to.

It's great to get a lot of messages, makes one feel good, but a targeted approach is better.

So what do you think I am looking for... Presumably I would appeal to you?
 sailslow
Msg: 1 (view)

Posted: 1/10/2008 6:43:07 PM
So... It seems I'm not appealing to the women that I am seeking...

Athletic, adventurous, etc... I am getting a significant number of emails from women that I am not interested in... And though some women are replying... Some aren't and I have been told once that my pictures need some improvement...
Let me know that you think... Be brutal..

Thanks

Show ALL Forums