Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: DISCRIMINATION AGAINST FELINES/FELINE OWNERS
 lilmopeep
Msg: 60 (view)

DISCRIMINATION AGAINST FELINES/FELINE OWNERS
Posted: 1/20/2015 6:01:33 PM
I actually prefer cats to people!
 lilmopeep
Msg: 159 (view)

Menopause, dating younger
Posted: 12/1/2010 5:35:52 PM
Moraima said:

""other women going though the same thing and looking for options."

Sigh
Sorry, but it isn't the end of the world. People need to Check the cancer ward if they think it is such a big issue.

I have deal with it, without outside help. No big deal. No drama. Not picking on you............if just become one big excuse for both men and women...............dull."

ummmm...no, it actually is FAR from "an excuse".

Apparently you have had an easy enough time of it TO be able to just "deal" with it, without support.

How many of these lovely symptoms have you actually experienced for any length of time?:

- insomnia
- hot flashes
- aching and itchy breasts/nipples
- vaginal dryness
- "flooding" periods

I have had all SIX and believe me, it's nice to be able to seek solace and advice from women who either are right there with you, or have already passed it all.
Nothing "drama inducing" or dull about it!!

lilmopeep
Msg: 169 (view)

LADIES: Over 45, how important are looks?
Posted: 12/1/2010 5:20:56 PM
You know, what one person finds physically attractive, another one doesn't.

I still subscribe to there has to be some physical chemistry with a person you find attractive.

Relating to and kindness are part of it, but not all of it...
 lilmopeep
Msg: 161 (view)

Do you feel the need to live with somebody at our age
Posted: 12/1/2010 5:05:08 PM
I have absolutely, positively NO DESIRE for a human living companion. My 2 cats and I are just fine and happy on our own, thank you!
 lilmopeep
Msg: 6 (view)

Moved without calling
Posted: 1/3/2010 3:12:17 PM

Someone needs to slap your father for failing you....

OMG I read this post and this answer could apply to me and recent heart-grinding. Yes, I agree, and know that the relationship one has with their father - especially for women - can really do some damage in adulthood, sadly.
 lilmopeep
Msg: 6 (view)

Confused!
Posted: 12/20/2009 1:49:14 PM
Thank you, just that one statement proves to me you are more of an actual MAN than he could ever dream of being!
 lilmopeep
Msg: 4 (view)

Confused!
Posted: 12/20/2009 8:49:49 AM
I just lived through the hell of someone older (MUCH older than you!) experiencing this delusion.

Dumped ME for someone he had "torched" for for 30 plus years who just recently got dumped by husband number 2.
He has already moved in with her!!!

Do I hope it works out for them?? HELL NO!
 lilmopeep
Msg: 94 (view)

10 things I hate about you.
Posted: 12/6/2009 8:44:48 PM
be gone those of you that cannot relate!! We don't need your prosolytizing here!!!!
 lilmopeep
Msg: 42 (view)

Does love really exist?
Posted: 12/3/2009 11:10:07 PM
nope it is a myth, just like Santa Claus, Easter Bunny and the Tooth Fairy.

Nope.
 lilmopeep
Msg: 74 (view)

Posted: 12/2/2009 8:03:10 PM

OK, Here is my list
I hate it that in order to hug and kiss you, I have to chase you around the house.
I hate it when you pee, you pee on the wall.
I hate it when I lock you out of the bedroom at 6am, you won't shut up and you continously scratch at the door.
I hate it that you won't leave me alone, until I play with you.
I hate it when you cry and cry because I keep you locked up in the house.

*Thats for my kitties, Albert and Delilah.*

This is so sweet! I have 2 kitties also (male and female) and I can relate to everything you said!

lilmopeep
Msg: 69 (view)

Posted: 12/1/2009 6:31:03 PM
1) I hate that you decided to actually begin a new relationship (going back to your TRUE LOVE that "found you when you WEREN'T LOOKING" when you were in a relationship with me) -- Thats NOT what is meant by NOT LOOKING you heartless **stard!!!!! -- while I was on vacation in Aruba, and that you are 52 years old and still playing around with a 50 year old woman's heart and sincere emotions like this.

2) I hate that you spent all your free time during the 9 days that I was in Aruba with your TRUE LOVE, and I believe that you planned it to "happen" while I was gone. There was nothing magical about it in any way shape or form. You are spending your time with her now.

3) I hate that you did not respond to a single PHONE CALL or TEXT MSG that I sent to you for the entire time I was gone, even though we had up until the very morning I got on the plane to leave been in contact every single day, in a direct good and open and (what I thought was HONEST) relationship, practically 24/7 for the past 4 months.

4) I hate that you finally responded to me with a TXT message starting with the words "Let me start by saying this will be the last text msg you will ever get from me" and all the shit in between indicating this "close friend of yours" just happened" to suddenly "come back into your life" while I was on vacation, and you are now "together and moving forward"...What the fluck???? ..and ending with "I didn't mean to hurt you, you're nice, I enjoyed our time together, good luck"...once again what the fluck????

5) I hate that you have the nerve to use use the words "True Love" to describe this after 9 days and God only knows how much time since the last time you even saw her. And to ME - what the hell was I?????? NOTHING??????? What have the past 7 months since I have known you been, you soulless piece of shit??????????

6) I hate that you have broken my heart and all the hopes and dreams I had for a solid relationship and a future together.

7) I hate that I am so physically and emotionally attracted to you. The relationship was just full of ease and effortlessness, very comfortable. We were so in tune together...

8) I hate that you were the first man in years that I have ever been so attracted to physically and sexually - you totally reawakened all those desires in me when I thought they were gone forever, and have now taken that away to give to someone else. I feel so dead inside, and know I will not feel that way again. At 50 years old I want a life partner and I was believing you could so be it for me...

9) I hate that you have made it impossible now for me to hang around with the other friends of yours at their house playing Mexican Train dominoes and other fun games. or go to Tailgators for Trivia and video games with you and your friends, or Troy Bar with you for video games and to listen to music and sing song lyrics to me - you do it all with her now.

10) I hate that you could never get close enough to me when we we were together. We were always touching and trying to get ever and ever closer, and for ripping my heart out as I was falling in love with you Jeff S

lilmopeep
Msg: 30 (view)

WHAT IS SHE DOING?
Posted: 2/17/2009 4:33:48 PM
Seems to me it's the old "friends with benefits" thing she seems to be SAYING she wants (by being willing to have all this phenomenal sex with you) is not REALLY what she is looking for either, otherwise what right does she have to be jealous???

Cut out the sex and see what is left. If that is all that is really keeping you together you will find out soon enough, and for that you should be thankful!

Personally I don't subscribe to the whole "friends with benefits" thing, and your experience shows me why!!!!
 lilmopeep
Msg: 33 (view)

Old TV Shows
Posted: 1/3/2009 2:02:59 PM
And I forgot to mention The Waltons!
 lilmopeep
Msg: 32 (view)

Old TV Shows
Posted: 1/3/2009 1:58:38 PM

Can you believe Tom Hanks got his start in that stupid show....what was it called?

That was Bosom Buddies.
And I used to looooooooooooooooove Medical Center ---Dr. Joe Gannon!!!!!
 lilmopeep
Msg: 8 (view)

What do you guys think about this movie Religulous?
Posted: 1/3/2009 1:45:30 AM
I just saw it and I thought it was awesome. Expresses exactly how I have felt about organized religion for quite some time. Many of the people in the theater applauded!
Like Santa Claus, I think when we all "grow up" (will it ever happen for the world???) we will realize how ridiculous our belief in the whole "fear and hate mongering religion" of ANY ilk has been.
I applaud Bill Mahar for questioning it all, and putting the "faithful" in the light they need to be placed!
 lilmopeep
Msg: 102 (view)

Do you remember the sixties
Posted: 1/2/2009 3:03:04 PM
Oh boy, I was born in 1959, so I lived through the 1960's.
I always wished I had been old enough for attending Woodtock.
I did get to go to the Museum at Bethel Woods this past October, built on the site of Max Yasgur's farm.
It is a true timecapsule of 1960's history, and the whole Woodstock experience. I still wish I had been 2o in 1969 rather than 10 !
I highly recommend going to the Museum at Bethel Woods!
 lilmopeep
Msg: 2 (view)

Seven Pounds
Posted: 1/2/2009 2:41:25 PM
I had a totally different take on the movie (no anger for me) and thought it was really great!
Shocking ending, but could see the merit of what he did. ( without giving it away).
Definitely NOT crap.
 lilmopeep
Msg: 61 (view)

Over 45 .. how do you look at a new relationship ?
Posted: 12/14/2008 4:12:42 PM
with lots and lots of skepticism!
Guess I have gotten to the point where it just doesn't seem worth the bother anymore.
 lilmopeep
Msg: 88 (view)

Do I ever miss physical touch!
Posted: 11/17/2008 9:16:17 PM
I can live without it definitely! Go for a massage. Get a pet.
Not willing anymore to complicate my life. Wish I could find others who can understand this!
 lilmopeep
Msg: 58 (view)

In my opinion.....
Posted: 10/22/2008 7:38:01 PM
Anytime I read any job title with the word "diversity" in it, I shudder. "Special" positions created now, just for the sake of "diversity"? Give me a break! Then of course there is "diversity sensitivity training". Seriously, who comes UP with this bull$hit????????????
 lilmopeep
Msg: 29 (view)

worse now or more honest?
Posted: 10/21/2008 2:35:46 PM
[Are people more content with their relationships or lack of, than
they were 30 years ago? There`s just so many older single people out ther comparted to the last generation. Are we really more content this way?]
Absolutely more content!
Self sufficiency and independence are wonderful. No "asking permission" or "making sure it's OK" or "checking in".
Life couldn't be much better than that!
 lilmopeep
Msg: 12 (view)

What's love got to do with it?
Posted: 10/17/2008 8:01:50 PM
Hate to have to say this but.....
typical male response!
 lilmopeep
Msg: 10 (view)

What's love got to do with it?
Posted: 10/17/2008 7:55:55 PM
sounds to me like that IS love.
Comfort and compatibility.
The other stuff is infatuation, lust, and hormones!!!
 lilmopeep
Msg: 368 (view)

Over 45 Men, How should we dress? OK Ladies fire away!
Posted: 9/29/2008 7:48:39 PM
"Oh I hope that's him!"... casual slacks, button down shirt (no tie necessary), belt (not rope, nice leather but NOT with a huge gaudy buckle!), unobtrusive socks (NOT white), and clean casual (unscuffed!!!) shoes. Maybe a nice leather jacket, and it goes without saying that ALL of the clothes coordinate and FIT properly. A nice smelling cologne to top it off.
A classic look.

"Oh I hope that's NOT him"...ill fitting, unkempt clothing of ANY kind. TOO SHORT PANTS pulled up to the ARMPITS with WHITE socks...you get the picture, and it isn't pretty!!!!!! BODY ODOR or BAD BREATH and TEETH...UGH!!! Gaudy jewelry of ANY kind, from RINGS to NECKCHAINS. Big trucker wallet chains. Biker dress (black leather vests comes to mind, with tee shirt). Anything reeking redneck or non-professional
 lilmopeep
Msg: 107 (view)

What age difference is best?
Posted: 6/12/2008 8:20:11 PM
10-12 years in either direction works well for me!
 lilmopeep
Msg: 23 (view)

Do you Believe in Love or is it Just About Finding a Compatible Person?
Posted: 6/12/2008 7:47:45 PM
It's a myth - the romantic googly eyed bull$hit!

Compatibility, good friendship, and of course being sexually attracted to each other is all I will ever be convinced can "last".
 lilmopeep
Msg: 37 (view)

when is a man in love?
Posted: 6/12/2008 6:57:04 PM
"wanting to be with that person all the time"...

I personally believe THAT is verging on obsession and/or codependence, and what ultimately causes all these great "loves" to FIZZLE!!!
 lilmopeep
Msg: 10 (view)

Why do I feel like 15 again???
Posted: 6/11/2008 4:03:12 PM
Funny I have noticed that he sometimes will "squirm around" (for lack of a better term!) if I stop and talk at his desk. He also has made remarks about how I "make him nervous" (said with a smile on his face) and whether that is good/bad or indifferent is anyone's guess!
 lilmopeep
Msg: 9 (view)

Posted: 6/11/2008 2:52:15 PM
Thanks for all the differing advice/attitudes/opinions!

I happen to be among the number of people that in the past have dated people from work. And when these things ended, admittedly there was a period of discomfort and adjustment however I have maintained friendships with the vast majority of them.

This response though just caught my slightly jaded eye...good question!! How many??????
 lilmopeep
Msg: 1 (view)

Posted: 6/9/2008 9:21:18 PM
Established facts as follows:
I am pushing 50
He is mid 50's
We work in the same office
I find him attractive and know he is single
Why am I afraid at this stage and in this day and age to just ask him out??????
Any hints on how to go about this? I was out tonight with a friend and "just happened" that he showed up at the same place! I just am not sure if he would be interested...and of course fear rejection!

Show ALL Forums