Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Lime Herbed Pepper Cornish Game Hens
 waimeab
Msg: 2 (view)

Lime Herbed Pepper Cornish Game Hens
Posted: 7/12/2008 12:49:30 PM
Sounds delicious! I'll have to try them this weekend...
 waimeab
Msg: 5 (view)

Vanilla Threads?
Posted: 2/13/2008 12:25:47 AM
Warm Wit,
Where did you read about them? Googled and Live Searched them and could only find reference to a Vanilla Sauce and other ways vanilla could be used, but the term "threads" pulls up all kinds of clothing, fragrances, lotions, etc.
 waimeab
Msg: 10 (view)

The all purpose condiment.
Posted: 2/13/2008 12:08:34 AM
justscott ~ You would have to make that concoction far away from me and bring to me to taste...sounds great but I can't stand the smell of fish oil.
 waimeab
Msg: 9 (view)

I can't edit my profile....
Posted: 1/27/2008 2:43:56 PM
Sherl,

Just saw your post. Go to "Mail Settings" The first or Gender box has 3 options. Click the pull down menu to change your selection. The options are:
"Anyone"
"Male"
"Female"
 waimeab

Hey, Corrupted Inbox her a PoF
Posted: 1/27/2008 2:30:25 PM
khellandros

You still haven't "loosened up" your settings as suggested by Ticketoride. You still have "75 miles" and your "Mail Settings" prohibit anyone from contacting you.

Even if you leave the "75 miles" in place, you need to UNCHECK all or most of the boxes you have checked in your "Mail Settings"...the words "NOT LOOKING FOR" are the keywords in the instructions.
 waimeab
Msg: 7 (view)

Hygiene - When fresh vegetables fall behind the cooker.
Posted: 1/26/2008 6:00:49 PM
malley,

I can identify with the "mice" One got stuck in the sleeve that covers the electrical wiring on the back of our stove...after several days my Mon finally asked for help in pulling the stove out...hmmm...nothing but dust and other stuff that ends up behind and under stoves but the smell was not related. Took the cover off and there the critter was...
 waimeab
Msg: 5 (view)

The Bypassed Frontier...the microwave
Posted: 1/25/2008 2:31:11 AM
Those covers are great! Have several that fit perfectly over a standard size dinner plate.

Pasta doesn't fair very well in the micro either. I had some success with chicken (cut in bite size pieces, seasoned to taste...also put bite size pieces of onion in it).

Can't master the beef though.
 waimeab

Hygiene - When fresh vegetables fall behind the cooker.
Posted: 1/24/2008 5:28:22 PM
I'd pull the cooker out and clean it up sooner rather than later...you might be surprised at what is already back there. How quickly it deteriorates also depends on the weather. Here in Hawaii it doesn't take long for things to rot. Best to clean as you go.
 waimeab

The Final Frontier...the microwave
Posted: 1/24/2008 5:15:05 PM
Did a search for "microwave cooking" using Windows Live Search and got this for one: http://www.microwavecooking.com/Microwave_Cooking_Recipes.htm
Don't forget to check out the warnings and hazards sites.
 waimeab
Msg: 9 (view)

Screen twisted 90 degrees..help!
Posted: 1/24/2008 1:31:18 PM
Blueskies

It's possible that your friend unintentionally change the monitor's graphics properties. In Windows XP you would go to the Control Panel, click "Display," the "Settings" tab and the "Advanced" button. The basic tabs you will see are:
-General
-Adapter
-Monitor
-Troubleshoot
-Color Management
A sixth tab for a graphics media driver (my laptop says "Intel(R) Graphics Media Accelerator Driver for Mobile). On this tab I have the option to configure other graphics properties (clickable button) including rotating the viewable screen to different positions under "Display Settings."

Hope this helps..
 waimeab
Msg: 7 (view)

1 odd-couple food combo that just seem to work
Posted: 1/24/2008 12:49:24 AM
oysterloaf - try spreading the peanut butter on a flour tortilla then wrap the banana in it. You don't have to slice the banana...love peanut butter/banana sandwiches.
 waimeab

Cornbread
Posted: 1/24/2008 12:33:11 AM
Happy camper,

I will have to try your cornbread with the jalapenos. Sounds delicious!
 waimeab
Msg: 60 (view)

What foods are you allergic too?
Posted: 1/22/2008 3:07:16 PM
According to allergy tests, I have no food allergies. However, overeating chocolate and spicy foods within the same week causes hives. Even had a reaction to rootbeer once many years ago. Too much chocolate is also a migraine trigger for me...often brand related.
 waimeab
Msg: 8 (view)

Cornbread
Posted: 1/22/2008 2:17:58 PM
happy camper

Do you add any flour?
 waimeab
Msg: 3 (view)

Cornbread
Posted: 1/21/2008 7:48:00 PM
Marylin99 - Out of curiosity, do you add the baking soda to the buttermilk before you add it to the egg mixture? It is an option with some recipes and ensures the baking soda combines with everything else.
 waimeab
Msg: 16 (view)

Cooking fresh water fish???????
Posted: 1/17/2008 1:37:08 PM
Generally the whole egg.

For the cholesterol conscious, it would be the white/albumen only.
 waimeab
Msg: 11 (view)

Posted: 1/16/2008 7:30:51 PM
Fred, you spelled "fillets" right, I missed an "l" in my post. Alaska...brrrr...another cold place. I'd have to have a full Gortex suit to stay warm enough to even try fishing there.

Olive oil, lime and dry seasonings sounds oh so yummy!
 waimeab

Posted: 1/16/2008 3:18:52 PM
You could clean, skin, filet, season (your choice of seasonings), dredge in flour, and pan fry in butter or healthier alternative (need some kind of oil to fry it in).

When it's ready to eat, squeeze as much lemon juice on it as you like. Lemon and soy sauce drizzled over the fish is wonderful!

Deep frying is also an option. But always season to taste.
 waimeab
Msg: 6 (view)

Re: Clarification on Sushi Rice
Posted: 1/16/2008 3:11:16 PM
The easiest way to make sushi rice is to use a powdered mix that is generally available in the oriental section of many supermarkets. My favorite is "Tamanoi Sushi Powder"
and comes in a yellow package. When using rice vinegar and sugar, you need to lesson the amount of water you use when cooking the rice. If you use the powder, you don't have to worry about the rice becoming to soggy or mushy.

Do a search on "powdered sushi rice mix" or "sushi rice powdered mix"
 waimeab
Msg: 3 (view)

Is this a normal lifestyle for a 65 year old?
Posted: 1/14/2008 8:56:35 PM
Some people are like that...happy in a daily routine with which they are comfortable. My mother is in her mid 80s and has a lot more energy than that.

Show ALL Forums