Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Fibromyalgia
 marita_b
Msg: 96 (view)

Fibromyalgia
Posted: 8/23/2012 4:40:03 PM
1bellanella I actually agree wholeheartedly with you, in almost every comment,....
and if you read over my responses you might see that,...

where I have a problem is with the kinds of advice that is delivered in the form of a definitive statement such as if you do this ( whatever the advice is ) then you too will be cured,...
as you know getting someone to believe that we actually have a real honest to goodness medical condition is a thing that most if not all of us have had to deal with,....and it is offensive,(to me)...we are the only group I can think of that has to prove we have this thing called FM,...I suspect the disorder isn't new at all,....just the diagnosis,...but there are so many other things that can account for the laundry list of signs and symptoms,....like Lime disease etc
a poster a few pages ago was under the impression she had FM, Had been diagnosed as such I believe,... and just recently found out she actually had lime disease,...which BTW IS completely curable,....

Now the last time I read the list of S&S, there must have been 50 of them or more, I have never heard of anyone who has all of them, which accounts for the fact that this thing is different from person to person,....(again we agree)

and my asking someone are they sure they are sure they have fibro, is a valid question, as is asking how they came to their diagnosis,....because there are so many new developments being done in FM, and yet every day people are being misdiagnosed ,...or prematurely diagnosed,.....something that seems to me happens more in our group,....(I'm not saying it does,...only that it seems so to me, I have no actual data to back me on this,)....

Personally, I am still hoping that there is something out there that I could be tested for that might prove I don't have it,....

So yes,....I want to know how we as a group are being diagnosed, ... (it's a question, not an accusation)
I am sorry if that is how you or indeed anyone, read it,.....
I try to keep up with the literature but there is just too much subjective stuff out there,....

as for how pain is measured,...(now this too interested me)I tried to find the jama article but couldn't without actually buying it, so if you can find it for me, anyone I would indeed be interested, in this new tool? gauge? machine?....whatever it is and I will happily pass it on to my doctor who is managing me.

I do this whenever I find any new information, or website,....and I have also regularly passed this information onto anyone who wants it here in this forum, I have done so for years going back to my early days even before my diagnosis,....

many of us have run the gamut, of being told by someone that this that and the other thing ( like the fellow a few posts up our own bad attitude and anger) caused our present condition,....therefore alluding that we must be bad people to have this thing right? I know this was the case when I was still being tested,
in fact it was even taught at the local hospital on a course my doctor sent me to,....a treatment and management of your condition kinda course,....

and several of the instructors told us outright we had this because we were doing something wrong,....and not that vaguely either,....they were very specific,.

So then what did that say to those of us who corrected all of those things we were doing wrong and Still had this thing? like me?

(I just double checked, turns out I have been with this thread since page 1 2005,....there are some good posts along the way ,....it's worth reading again,.....we have come a long way folks)
 marita_b
Msg: 95 (view)

Fibromyalgia
Posted: 8/23/2012 3:46:22 PM
according to whom?
 marita_b
Msg: 5 (view)

I can't wait until the US elections are over with,....sheeeesh!
Posted: 8/21/2012 3:36:40 PM
Oh my god here we are again,...already with another election,....wow,.....

what do you all think about Romney and his pick for running mate,.....

Many of you might think that that's another country,...how does it concern us in Canada,....
but sadly it does,...and we can't do anything about it,....
we just have to watch it all play out and hope that when it's our turn to pick our next guy,...that we don't F***k it up,....
 marita_b
Msg: 453 (view)

Dating Someone With A High IQ
Posted: 8/21/2012 3:08:32 PM
hahahahahaaaa,....so what you are saying,...I think is that, there are good and bad guys out there that range from intelligent, interesting, to bad, rude and crude, A-holes and that intelligences is only part of the equation to consider when you are looking for a mate,....

good for you then you are more than half way there,....good luck
 marita_b
Msg: 16 (view)

UFOs - I hate to say
Posted: 8/21/2012 3:02:23 PM
I kind of like the idea that we are the aliens and this is all some big elaborate cosmic test,...
one that I suspect we are failing miserably,.....

I find it the ultimate hubris,.....for anyone to say that life only exists on this planet and no where else especially when you consider
the millions of species each with millions of sub species in every part of this globe including places that until very recently we knew
life could not exist but does,...like the dead sea,....etc,....and yes some will say but we are talking about intelligent life,....
but then again who knows what will become intelligent in the future say 10 or 20 thousand years from now,....or it might not even take that long,...

we started with "LUCY",....there are creatures living today that have already surpassed Lucy in their development,....
none of us will ever know,....but we can wonder,....
 marita_b
Msg: 88 (view)

Fibromyalgia
Posted: 8/21/2012 2:49:58 PM
good for you "LeanGains" and that's one more thing that doesn't do it for me,....tried it,....

so glad to hear that's all it takes to make you pain free,....but are you certain you actually have fibromyalgia?
I for one would be interested in how people get their diagnosis,...and how many hoops and test they had to be put through to come to that conclusion,....

NO ONE CAN FEEL ANOTHER PERSON'S PAIN,... and each of us have to travel a long road to get to a place of having the pain bearable,....because it will never ever actually go away,....as I said before this disease/disorder is progressive and incurable at this time,....

ultimately I personally would do**** anything ****up to and including ** considering brain surgery** to make it all stop!!!

it is something that is not yet available but being studied,....
 marita_b
Msg: 87 (view)

Fibromyalgia
Posted: 8/14/2012 5:22:51 PM
telling someone they can put off something in order to get anything of theirs under control, before they should start anything is rather presumptuous in my opinion,...this may be good advice for one person (the advice giver say) but totally unfair to someone else,....

reason being some people (especially men people) can control their pain better when they have something else or someone else to focus on,....actually I am one of those people too,....and telling someone that a doctor who throws pain meds, at a problem, and referring to those meds as crap,...sounds like someone who has found something that helps them and perhaps even like someone for whom the diagnosis of fibromyalgia, is a wrong diagnosis,....

there are many degrees and levels to the pain true fibro patients have to endure,....to compare your pain to mine or even this man who asks a fair question,...

remember no two fibro patients are the same nor is their suffering,.....

I will suggest that far too many family practitioners will use the word fibro when they don't know for sure and often before any tests are performed to rule out the myriad of other disorders that have the same signs and symptoms,.....
If you have not been checked out for all those other possibilities then it is unwise to call yourself a fibro patient,....it takes on average 5 years or more to be tested and have all other alternatives ruled out,.....FIVE YEARS or longer,....and at that point many of us have already been suffering a decade or longer as was the case with me,......

and please don't belittle someone Else's pain,....I am in a wheelchair more and more these days because the pain I have is excruciating with every muscle I move,....I can walk,....but the pain is unbearable for me to do so,.....so I walk as much as I can bear and if I have to walk long distances like shopping etc,...I have to have the chair,.....and of all the medication and tools that I have undergone there are very7 few things that help me,....Pain meds happens to be one of the things that does help somewhat,......to me they are not only not crap,....I have fought very hard to have them scripted to me,....especially in the quantity I need to have even some relief,.....The medical community knows very little about pain medication except to not give them and that means those of us who actually need them have to prove we need them by having to swallow a million things that don't help,....they are learning though,....and to their surprise people who require these medications are the ones who have taught them,....

a few clues are when you take painkillers,....do you find yourself dopey,....drowsy,.... and dysfunctional,....
or do you feel energized,..... functional, able to perform the tasks you wish to?
Do you take medication every however many hours you are able to or do you forget to take anything until you are in extreme pain again?
Do you ever forget your medication when you leave the house?.......because if you do then there is a good chance you are not hooked no matter what someone might tell you,.....

chronic pain can not be measured on a tool, does not require a bandage or cast and sounds boring, to friend and foe alike....
we can't prove it to anyone friend or family member or even medical practitioner,....
it is easy to fake and like a cold or the flue everybody and his great aunt Ida has a cure,.....
****except they really don't,****..... give suggestions,....thoughts,...ideas as to what to try, sure,.... great,....

but the last thing we all need is to have any of you add more guilt as to what we have done wrong leading us to this horrible conclusion,....
we have had guilt by the bucket full and telling us to stay away from the thought of maybe reaching out to someone IE not dating until we have gotten this pain thing under control is unfair and frankly a death sentence, since so far as of today this still can not yet be cured,...I checked

So buddy if you can find someone to hang onto,.....good on you,....but to look for someone is still free,....and necessary,...harder under these dismal circumstances but don't stop looking because while you are still looking you are still clinging to life,...and that's a good thing,....love to you
 marita_b
Msg: 451 (view)

Posted: 7/25/2012 2:44:34 PM
but in fact it helps if you can have a like minded conversation from time to time,....
 marita_b
Msg: 80 (view)

Fibromyalgia
Posted: 7/24/2012 12:48:59 PM
Fibro is an autoimmune condition that is a reaction to vaccines that cripple your immune system.****

WOW!!!! you should inform the media chemosaby,..... because no definitive known cause has as yet been determined by the legions of medical proffessionals who are looking into this,....

I haven't added much to this thread for a couple of years now but this kind of blatant hubris needs to be responded to,....

In fact nothing new has been discovered in either the diagnostic or treatment area of this disorder,....
The only way a positive diagnosis can be made is to determine what other ailments, disorders or diseases can be defined by a person's presentation of signs and symptoms,....because there is such a huge laundry list of potential S&S that all fall under this disorder, fibromyalgia,.....you can line up 20 confirmed fibro patients, and no two will be the same both in the severity of their pain and in what body parts are affected.....

over the last 7 pages there are many good suggestions and a few like yours that are outright dangerous,.....and often there is also a huge success with placebos,..

to those of you that have been cured,...consider yourself lucky that you didn't have fibro,....because there is NO CURE YET,...
there is and only to those of you who are lucky,.... a way to lessen the severity,....
what is important to know is that what might help one person may have no effect or even harm another,....

So I who have been suffering for many many years now,....every single day, have tried it all,....and have found myself beating up on myself because what so obviously helped someone did nothing at all for me,....
haven't we all had an aunt or parent who seem to complain all the time about this that or the other ache or pain? I had,...my favorite aunt in fact,...
oh yes,....there is some thought that there may be a hereditary component to this thing,....(but even this is only a guess so far)

The biggest thing that all of us have in common is depression,.....and feeling a failure or an outright hypochondriac,....because after all for us to feel the way we do we must mean we are too sensitive to the day to day aches and pains we all have,....R I G H T ?,...... W R O N G!!

this is what we told ourselves before we even knew there was such a thing as fibro,...After all what disease can affect our hair texture and our digestive tract, your cognitive ability,...the way in which we sleep or rather don't sleep and body aches that seem to jump from joint to joint at will,....and the list goes on,....

well it turns out quite a few things,....and all of those have to be ruled out first,....some have an outright cure, (lime disease)....some don't,... some are even life threatening,...and some are yours for life,....

Fibromyalgia is a degenerative disorder that has,.... NO CURE,....YET!
If you have fibro,...then you will have it for life,.....so far,....no one wishes this were not the case more than I do,....

So on behalf of all who are are suffering and want more information,....I say thank you, to all of you who have offered suggestions as to what may help given certain symptoms,....or what doctor, web site, medicinal/non medicinal medication or procedure ,...etc, etc, etc,....

BUT,.....to all of you who KNOW so much more than the medical community or even us dumb patients,.....

I say keep your wisdom to yourself,.....because you hurt far more than you help,......
 marita_b
Msg: 449 (view)

Posted: 6/27/2012 11:41:26 AM
(OP: Very rarely exists a soul that is a well-rounded genius. Keep that in mind)

I do but thanks for reminding me,l to pass on,....

Genius,... has a lot of different aspects to it,.....

for example,....we could probably all agree,.....that Einstein was one,....and he was,....but not in everything
if you took him for a walk into a big forest,.. and sneaked away when he wasn't looking,....
we would be looking for his bones now,....

BTW,...what great posts,....wanderer1999
you bet many people of high intelligence feel they have to "dumb down" to make other like and accept them,....

and here's another thing I forgot until writing this,....you can be dyslexic, and of very high intelligence

Imagine for a moment the tools we have at our disposal for communication didn't exist,.....and you came across someone like Stephen Hawking,
sitting in his chair drooling, would you even for a nanosecond consider what we all know about him, was locked up in him?

Also the IQ test I was given as a child and the ones they give these days,......I suspect are quite a different thing,
I can't know for sure,.....because as I said the last time I was given one I was 12
 marita_b
Msg: 133 (view)

would you date someone who is handicaped?
Posted: 6/27/2012 11:09:44 AM
IMO,....globally the biggest handicap all of have to overcome,....is P R E J U D I C E.......

It won't happen in my life,....but maybe in yours,.....darkenedsky,...I truly hope so
 marita_b
Msg: 438 (view)

Posted: 6/26/2012 11:01:37 AM
However, if we accept that IQ is intended to be a measure of intelligence, it is a measure of a person's ability to learn, not how much formal education they have received.

I do not personally accept your first premiss,....but to me your second statement seems reasonable ,....

I came to Canada at a time when the procedure from foreigners was the following,....

instead of going into grade five as I would have done in Germany, because I knew no English whatsoever they started me out in grade 2 in Canada,...
to make matters even worse the material we where given in our curriculum in Germany was 1-3 years that ahead of the standards in Canada,....

Initially it was fun for me to ace everything save spelling ,...but that quickly developed into boredom, hence I lost all interest in learning anything, until I became old enough to want to learn on my own,.....

I never forgot that, and when a teacher told me my son was doing poorly because he couldn't do any better,
I did what I wished my parents had,....I advocated on his behalf and found him the environment he needed,....
 marita_b
Msg: 131 (view)

would you date someone who is handicaped?
Posted: 6/26/2012 9:32:44 AM
live long enough,...and sooner or later,...we all become handy caped to some degree or other,....
when you think about your answers, you might want to consider this too,.....
 marita_b
Msg: 67 (view)

Monsanto sues over 9000 farmers to date.
Posted: 6/23/2012 6:53:15 AM
when it comes to what Americans do within their country wouldn't affect me one way or the other,....if it where contained within their boundries,......

but ,...when it comes to food,...much of the produce they grow,,.....WE EAT,....and feed our kids,....

therefore what they do down there affe3cts us all profoundly, in the "great white north,.....

we need to inform us more,....

because all those people who think, well if you don't like it then stick to your own home grown stuff

many of us do not have the luxury of choosing this verses that,
we (many of us ) have to go by what is the cheapest and much of that ends up being supplied to us
from the U.S.

If we don't then there isn't enough money to feed our families,......
 marita_b
Msg: 131 (view)

How to tell someone you have herpes?
Posted: 7/8/2011 12:35:20 PM
you all might want to know just what the disease is and how you can get infected,....
for example, most people find a cold sore on their mouth irritating , and somewhat painful what they don't know is that it can be contracted by someone having a cold sore on their lips and passing it on to their partner while having oral sex,...and there are things you need to know girls if you are pregnant and have genital herpes,....

You might have to have a Cesarean, even if you are not having an active outbreak,....

You also have to remember that someone who has this disease,....has it for life,....(So far)
and...you are infectious PRIOR to any signs and symptoms,.... or visible outbreak,.....

Therefore you have to consider yourself (those of you who have been diagnosed)don't guess at this,....verify,....as always contagious,.....better safe than someone else being sorry,....
 marita_b
Msg: 12 (view)

singles club
Posted: 7/4/2010 12:08:46 PM
PLEASE NOTE,....THIS CLUB IS NO LONGER IN SERVICE,....

SADLY THERE WAS A SERIOUS LACK OF INTEREST
WHEN I FIRST ESTABLISHED IT,....
 marita_b
Msg: 50 (view)

Mississippi restaurants may be banned from serving obese customers ?????
Posted: 6/11/2010 10:53:49 AM
what about all of those people who get swollen from certain medications,....
who actually eat fairly healthy but can't help being obese,....(prednisone to name just one)

or those that have obesity as a side effect of an illness , the thyroid can cause this,..so can some cancers,....

Do you know have to tell your 18 year old waitress your medical history?

ya eh? that'll be the day,....how much more stupid are you people going to just take?

or do you take it all as long as it's from the government,....that certainly doesn't sound like the southerners I have come to know,....but I guess times they are a changing,....
just not for the better,....
 marita_b
Msg: 35 (view)

Scary - Sex Offender and POF
Posted: 6/11/2010 10:42:33 AM
that's what they like you to believe but how many of us are from the where there's smoke there's fire camp,.....and even though lie detectors are notoriously unreliable,....
what if you are asked to take one and you refuse? Or anyone not rich enough if that's really the case,.....

I suspect the your innocent until proven guilty thing sounds great in theory,....
but ask anyone reading the gossip rags what they think,.....

I would love to live in a place where this is actually true,.....

If OJ, had been just a regular schmoe with a public defender,....where do you think he would be living right now?,.....in a mansion in Florida?,....or behind bars?
 marita_b
Msg: 33 (view)

Scary - Sex Offender and POF
Posted: 6/4/2010 6:50:02 AM
how many profiles here state that they would like to go for a drive as their first contact?,..

trust me more than a few,....

how many women allow their prospective date pick them up from their home?,....

how many give out their home phone number which can have someone find out where you live?

how careful are we all really?

some men have been insulted by my restrictions,...even after we have met once or twice,.

some predators don't want you but want access to your kids,...

how careful are we all really?

I don't care if someone is offended if it keeps me safe,.....remember what we told our kids about strangers? it still applies to us as well,....and in that way one can enjoy this type of media,....I still go out and meet and greet ,....I just do it on my terms,....

no exceptions!

sex offenders are everywhere,....so are good people!
 marita_b
Msg: 90 (view)

What’s gone wrong with America?
Posted: 6/4/2010 6:38:40 AM
prior to reading any history, one must understand that history has always been written by the winner.

So always keep that perspective in mind

you are right of course and I try to keep that in mind,....but these days and especially with the internet so readily available to all,....it seems to me we are flooded with information from all sides and with our scientific advancements we are now able to correct many of the mistakes of the past,...

the pyramids were NOT built by slaves,....

Hitler's scull,...was in fact that of a woman as determined by DNA,...

and so forth,....we live in a great time of correction of history and I personally love that,...

I can't wait to see what we know tomorrow,...

just the fact that there is a book correcting the lies we were told is a great advancement,...
 marita_b
Msg: 88 (view)

What’s gone wrong with America?
Posted: 6/3/2010 11:08:41 AM
ok somebody must have messed with those utube add. but we can imagine what they were like and i say

this is a simplification of a much more insidious and IMO very carefully planned out reason,....first scare the populace beyond reasonable thought,....

and then you can do anything you like and they will even thank you for it,....

read history my friends,....this is not a unique transformation,.....

Then again,....no one group, country ,nation, or in deed civilization has ever ruled forever,.....

I am waiting for the day when no one ever again needs to run everything,....
I know,....I can wait a long time for that but I suspect it's co-operations that are the true rulers,....the rest is just a shell game with figureheads,.....rulers that actually try to rule find that out quickly enough,.....

PS,....I thought that this forum site was lost to us forever,.....
I am glad we still have the right to voice our opinions here,.....hope that doesn't end
anytime soon
 marita_b
Msg: 231 (view)

US Sucked Into Israeli - Iran Conflict
Posted: 10/19/2009 12:09:34 PM
correct me if I am wrong,...and God knows many of you will,....but,....

Iran has repeatedly said it is interested in nuclear power,....not bombs,.....

assumptions are being made if they have one they automatically have the other,....

Now my country (Canada) has nuclear power,......and chooses not to have nuclear weapons,....why are we believed when Iran is assumed to be lying?

and should anycountry be attacked either literally or otherwise for what it might do?
In law,....no one can be charged with a crime until they actually take steps to do the thing,.....

and why are we here entitled to using nuclear power but other's are denied that same right?

either we all have the right,....or no one should have it,....JMO
 marita_b
Msg: 92 (view)

Why do people try and live off of minimum wage?
Posted: 8/27/2009 9:49:30 AM
the simple answer is,...because they don't have any other options,...
 marita_b
Msg: 69 (view)

2 jurors believed Michael Jackson actually was guilty
Posted: 8/25/2009 5:31:57 AM
you seemed to hace asked me questions and then answered them as well,....

First of all, there is nothing I think deserves the death penalty more than someone who abuses, torturesm rapes a child,...regardless if that abuser is a homeless person, a family member or someone famous like MJ,....

I did not however say,....

<div class="quote"> marita_b, you say that what he did doesn’t matter to you.... [/quote

What I did say, was that ultimately now, since his death,...it only matteres to the prinipal people involved,....and only they, or rather the boy actually knows the truth,....

(what I mean by principals, the child involved, his chilfren,...the boy's family and MJ's family,.....)

here is what I personally think,....
MJ, was someone hust like in the movie BIG,....he was a child in a grown man's body,...
and he wanted to be in the company of the only things that never judged him,...and never wanted anything from him but his time,....that's whay he choose the company of animals and children,...that was why he lived in a place strainght from PETER PAN,...which he called,....NEVERLAND

I think if you listen to some lyrics of his lesser known songs, he tells us who and what he was,.....which I think is actually asexual,...

as for his death,....I believe it to have been an unintentionall overdose,....I say this because the medication he was taking for sleep is what is known as sedation used pre op , or pre proceedually,....and it falls under the catagory of a hypnotic agent which means although you may think you are asleep instantly, you are in actuall fact quite able to walk and talk and do as instructed ,...you just won't remember anything about it when you do come out of it,....

In a hospital setting when a proceedure is done you might tell a patient to move or roll over, and the patient will,...they are often very verbal too,...Rohipnol, and other so called date rape drugs fall into this catagory also,....

Now in the or this drug is followed up with the actual sedation in a very quick procession so there is very little to be observed in the operating theatre, but a recovery nurse would see the effects,....

My point being once given a dose, MJ may have tried to give himself more.....
not an easy task, but if he succeeded,....well you know the outcome,.....

This is just my theory,....but I have come across a person with just such an addiction,...and as my ex-husbands endoscopy assistent, I witnessed this kind of behaviour many many times,....both during the proceedure and in a post-op way,...

As is the case with theories, everybody's got one,....this is mine,....

the reason it no longer matter's is because he's dead,....what are you going to do? Dig him up and send him to jail?
 marita_b
Msg: 1 (view)

biggest jewel heist ever,...in Brittan
Posted: 8/12/2009 11:13:47 AM
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/politics/lawandorder/6011948/International-manhunt-after-Britains-biggest-ever-jewel-heist.html

The armed robbers posed as businessmen in suits to steal £40 million worth of rings, bracelets, necklaces and watches - encrusted with almost 1,500 individual diamonds.

The suspects were dropped off at Graff Diamonds in central London in a black taxicab last Thursday afternoon, but the value of their haul had not been disclosed until yesterday. They strolled past a security guard they turned handguns on the staff, briefly taking a woman employee hostage.

Within minutes the suspects had carefully chosen 43 of the store's most precious items, which were placed into a bag, before they escaped across the capital in a relay of three different cars. They fired at least two warning shots as they made their getaway.

The Metropolitan Police Flying Squad are investigating and yesterday released CCTV images of the robbers entering the store, as well as pictures of the stolen jewellery.

The suspects details have been circulated to all ports and airports but police believe they will have organised an escape route and may already have left the country.

Britain’s previous biggest diamond jewellery robbery is believed to be a £23 million raid, which also took place at Graff's, in 2003.

The two men, thought to be Londoners, arrived in a taxi at 4.40pm on August 6 and were only in the New Bond Street jewellers for a matter of minutes.

After being let in through the security doors both men produced handguns and threatened staff. They placed the jewels into a bag before briefly seizing a woman employee hostage.

She was taken outside but released when the raiders made their getaway in a blue BMW, having fired a warning shot above their heads.

Their escape was nearly foiled when the car crashed into a black cab in Dover Street. As the driver and punters from a nearby pub gave chase, one of the men fired another round into the ground to warn them off.

The men then switched to a silver Mercedes, and later again into a black vehicle, possibly a Ford Galaxy or VW Sharan.

It is suspected that the jewels, meanwhile, were transferred to a waiting motorcyclist who was able to escape quickly.

Police believe there were at least two other men who were acting as getaway drivers for three cars.

Detective Chief Inspector Pam Mace from Scotland Yard’s Flying Squad said: “This was a well planned robbery with a number of vehicles used to help the robbers escape. These men are extremely dangerous and fired at least two shots in busy London streets as they made their getaway.

“Someone knows who these men are, they would undoubtedly have spoken about it beforehand or boasted about it afterwards. I would urge anyone who recognises them, knows the whereabouts of the jewellery or has any other information to contact us.”

The first suspect is described as white, about 30, with a slim build, dark hair with a well-combed side parting, light stubble on his face and 5ft 10 - 6 ft tall. He was wearing a grey suit, white shirt and tie.

The second is described as black, also in his 30s, 6ft tall, more well built than the first suspect, and with very short Afro hair. He was also wearing a grey suit, white shirt and tie.

Detectives believe the raiders targeted the most expensive items in the store. One officer said: “They knew exactly what they were looking for and we suspect they already have a market for the jewels. “

The suspects details have been circulated to all ports and airports but police believe they would have organised an escape route and may already have left the country.

any thoughts on the subject? We know this couldn't happen in the US,...there even the guy recording the video on his phone probably would have had a gun on him,....never mind the cops,....I am surprised that in GB cops still don't carry,.....

I wonder if our global financial dilemas, make crimes like this more plausable,....
like the John dillinger's running around robbing banks in the depression,...

I don't think that is the case here but I can't remember hearing about big heists like this for quite a few years,....

and finally,....just where exactly are they planing to fence jewels like this?
all just my thoughts,....what are youors?
 marita_b
Msg: 52 (view)

Manson follower wants compassion...........................
Posted: 8/12/2009 11:01:51 AM
I have trouble with the whole idea of compassion,.....

If I were to be her nurse, I would give her as much care as anyone else, I would not inflict any extra pain because I could,.....I might not be tempted to stay and chatt with her if I didn't have a proceedure to perform on her ie; dressing change, or whatever,...
nor would I let her buzzer go off longer or take my time getting her pain meds,....but that to me isn't compassion,....it's my need to do my job the best way I know how,...

Since I don't have her as a patient,....I don't give her a second thought,....nor do I care when and if she dies,....lots of people die every day,...my compassion or at least what I think of as compassion, the "oh how sad feeling" that you get when you hear a villiage loaded up with father's day celebrators, was washed away in a typhoon,....

Those are the people who I feel compassion for the ones that suffer having done nothing to cause their fate,....and yes I know there could have been criminals who also suffered in the typhoon,...but if I don't know,...then I didn't know,.....

as for Bundy or Susan going to heaven simply because they regretted things,...which I still have my doubts about,.....then that's not a heaven I want anything to do with,....

sorry,...just doesn't fix everything,....it almost gives some people permission to do wrong because all they have to do is say sorry,.....not in my book,....

Now I myself have done wrong,...inadvertently mostly, ....after all I too was a child once,...but in those cases when I asked for forgiveness or said sorry,... I also then followed up with a way to atone, even if it was nothing more than to make changes in myself,.....

and punishment,....is not atonement,.....

Now you show me ways in which Susan has tried to atone for her crime,....
and then get back to me,....I might even reconsider my position,....
 marita_b

South African rape survey shock
Posted: 8/11/2009 8:09:47 AM
Rape,....is NEVER a sexual act,...
it is an act of violence and therefor no one no matter how permiscuous they may appear or actually behave can provoke rape,..

They can provoke a sexual response,....but not rape,....E V E R!!!!
 marita_b
Msg: 50 (view)

Manson follower wants compassion...........................
Posted: 8/10/2009 5:15:08 PM
first of all,...with all the revelation screaming,....
I have more pitty for the other inmates and marvel at their restraint,....

and if life without parole doesn't mean life without parole,..then why give it in the first place,.....which BTW Manson himself didn't get,....after his death sentance was overturned he got life WITH the possibility of parole,.....

Susan as the rest of her clan get a do over in the next life,...buut not this one,....

and remember the one clanswoman squeeky Lynnet from I believe, if memory serves,........she got a reduced sentence for testifying against her clan,...remember what she went on to do after she got out? well let me remind you,....she tried to assasinate the then President Ford,....she missed but who knows what some of her girlfriends might have done had they gotten out,....

and even if Susan isn't capable of any action,....as long as she can breath in and out she can talk and that's all Charles was commited of doing,....and he isn't going to get out either,....even though he has been up for parole at least 3 times so far as I remember,....

as for my compassion because she is dying,....sorry but we are all dying,....some of us know about how long we have,....but even for us,....tomorrow is prommised to no one,....

now if her being sorry could bring the dead back,....as long as she was reallllly sorrrry!
well that would be another story,....but until then,....I won't be loosing any sleep over the loss of Susan,.....

oh and BTW,...these people were already judged, so you don't have to worry yourself over the inability to judge them,......I just hope you never sit on jurry duty,.....because anyone who does has to know how to say guilty as well as,... not guilty,.....
 marita_b
Msg: 216 (view)

Posted: 8/8/2009 5:20:05 AM
You know,...Canada has oil too,....a lot of it in fact,.....
why don't they send all those billions of dollars our way?,....

I'm currious though,....
the USA has been advocation for many years now for Israel to get out of occupied land,....Israels response has been to ignore that and continue encroaching further,....

How long do you continue to support someone who is so blatantly ignoring you and in fact by this encroachment IMO is instagating even more conflict?,.....

I think someone needs to draw a line in the sand,....literally and then stick to it,....
 marita_b
Msg: 7 (view)

UFOs - I hate to say
Posted: 8/7/2009 7:16:55 PM
these folks might disagree,...

http://canadaufo.blogspot.com/2009/01/canadian-ufo-sighting-reports-551.html

HBCC UFO Research* and *UFOINFO* together have received 551 written and audio UFO sighting reports from January 1, 2008 up until December 31, 2008 and in 2008 we received more reports than we did in 2007.

and that's only Canadian sightings

but the reason may be the same,....now that I think of it
 marita_b
Msg: 909 (view)

Ex-CIA agent: Waterboarding 'saved lives'
Posted: 8/7/2009 12:51:52 PM
it would certainly go a long way to regain some of your countries admiration ,....
you were once held in such high regard,....do you really want to loose that globally forever?

I know some of you have said who cares,...etc,....but I suspect most of you do,....
 marita_b

UFOs - I hate to say
Posted: 7/20/2009 10:33:15 AM

perhaps they're waiting for *us* to grow up .

I know if I was them I would consider us far too volitile and predictable,...
and if they have been paying attention to global politict,....they know that we lie to get what we want,...and that the friend we embrace one day , may just be the leader of the country we invade tomorrow,... if it suits our purpose,.....likewise the enemy we consider today might just be our frind and ally tomorrow,...

so if we can't trust one another,....what makes us think an alien would,...or indeed should?
 marita_b
Msg: 31 (view)

Why do some men feel the need to make women feel bad?
Posted: 7/14/2009 2:02:55 PM
anyone who makes him/herself bigger by making someone else smaller says more about whom?

I have met and known some of these types,...
The great thing about being single is,.... I can walk away from such a person,....isn't freedom grant?
 marita_b
Msg: 3 (view)

Posted: 7/14/2009 1:45:44 PM
I have talked face to face with several woemen who have endured this and survived,....

How can any of our petty complaints come even close to what they have lived through?

I'm ashamed to even think of what I thought was tough,....If it were up to me I'd say bring them all here,...God knows we have enough room here in Canada,.....

Now that would be doing something,......
 marita_b
Msg: 161 (view)

Posted: 7/14/2009 8:27:49 AM
Back on point,.....

no one get's sucked into any war,...unless the powers want to be in it,....period,...not one war ever!!!!! you can check your history if you like,....

They get into them because there is something to be gained by those powers to be,....
and as recent history has shown they can even start them on a whim for no other reason than they want to,.... you need not look further than the Presidency of the baby bush,.....what's scarry is how many people actually bought his incredible pile of bull shit,...lock stock and barrel,....

when I spoke of this before the Iraq war,....that would be #2,....I was poo pooed by many,...ridiculed,....and called a hater of the USA,....

I was amazed at how many people blindly believed,.....I still am,....all the time,....but I am no longer surprised,...
 marita_b
Msg: 907 (view)

Ex-CIA agent: Waterboarding 'saved lives'
Posted: 7/14/2009 8:20:01 AM
boys play nice,...OK?

in⋅sol⋅vent  /ɪnˈsɒlvənt/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [in-sol-vuhnt] Show IPA
Use insolvent in a Sentence

–adjective 1. not solvent; unable to satisfy creditors or discharge liabilities, either because liabilities exceed assets or because of inability to pay debts as they mature.
2. pertaining to bankrupt persons or bankruptcy.

–noun 3. a person who is insolvent.

Synonyms:
1. penniless, destitute, impoverished, bankrupt.

The only way the united states stays afloat,...(and trust me at this point that's all you get to claim),.....is because other countries globally allows it,...if everyone called in all the debts the USA ows at once,...the USA would cease to exist,....

So far this is not in their own interest but be carefull, don't forget that so far throughout history, no one has ever stayed number one forever,....

Not the Greek, the Egyptians, the Myans, the Incas, Aztecs....Chineese, Germans,...The British Empire,.....well you get the point,...

so remember what you use on other's because there is always a chance they might use it back,.....I am now referring to waterboarding,..or any other form of brutallity,...our imagination in which shows no bounds,.....

So how about getting back to the subject matter ok?

or start a new thread,....the downfall of the most recent empire,....
 marita_b

UFOs - I hate to say
Posted: 7/14/2009 8:03:16 AM
I just hope they hurry up and take a bow before we stupid humans destroy each other over stupid things like,....
my God better than your God,...or killing each other for oil,...

or

maybe that's what they are waiting for,.....whoah ha ha ha ha
 marita_b
Msg: 4 (view)

ESOTERIC AGENDA THE MOVIE - PLEASE WATCH & THEN COMMENT.
Posted: 7/14/2009 7:57:32 AM
How does the saying go again?,...

the only way three people can keep a secret,....is if two of them are dead,....

conspiracies are all around us,...so is a modicum of bull fodder,....
even with proof how do any of us know the difference anymore,...
 marita_b
Msg: 68 (view)

2 jurors believed Michael Jackson actually was guilty
Posted: 7/12/2009 6:02:55 AM
at the end of the day jurrors are not south seers,....

they are merely people who have opinions based on more facts than the average guy,..

That's it nothing more,...nothing less,....Michael is Dead,...let him rest,...please

ultimately it no longer matters to anyone except the primarry people involved,....
 marita_b

Third horse dies at Calgary Stampede
Posted: 7/12/2009 6:00:22 AM
First of all let me prefface this by saying,.... I hate any animal abuse,....and ask you this,....

Would the horse become extinct if WE no longer had any use for them?
 marita_b
Msg: 2 (view)

UFOs - I hate to say
Posted: 7/12/2009 5:55:49 AM
does anyone really believe that we could have taken thousands of years to finally get something to fly,.....and in a mere hundred plus years get to where we are today with the technology most of US don't even comprihend how to use??????

I mean honestly people,.....

but how nice would it be to have one rumour that wouldn't go away finally be confirmed in the positive,....can I live that long
 marita_b
Msg: 23 (view)

Racists and Hate criminals should be weeded out and prosecuted.
Posted: 7/12/2009 5:37:57 AM

It is quite amusing actually.

No it's not actually,.....

It's sad,...pathetic,...unimaginative,...and devoid in anything one might consider research or proof,....but,....

funny,...not so much,....
 marita_b
Msg: 21 (view)

Posted: 6/20/2009 9:50:09 AM
prosecuting hate crimes makes sense only if a threat comes with the hate,....

But I suspect the only way to get rid of hate,....is through education,....
 marita_b
Msg: 10 (view)

R.I.P. Rodney Dangerfield
Posted: 6/20/2009 8:50:36 AM
Good God I can't stand it,....
seems I am finaly at that time in my life when they are all dropping like flies,.....

but I still refuse to read the obits,...it was hard enough, getting over George Carlins' death,.,...I wonder whose next,....(these things come in 3's you know)
 marita_b
Msg: 47 (view)

HIV infected man who lied to sex partners sent to prison for 56 months
Posted: 6/20/2009 8:45:20 AM

Thursday, November 4th, 2004 | Volume 94, Number 17

The case of a Toronto man accused of knowingly spreading HIV to a young woman
By Erika Richmond

Police arrested 28-year old Vincent Walkem at his workplace, a downtown Toronto clothing store, on August 30. Walkem, who is HIV-positive, has since been charged with aggravated assault and accused of engaging and attempting to engage in unprotected sexual intercourse with at least three women – without revealing his infection.

According to health records released to police, Walkem had known he was HIV-positive for almost three years. His name and photograph were released to the media in the hope that women who had sexual contact with him would come forward. So far, police have received several such reports.

A young woman who tested HIV-positive during her relationship with Walkem tipped off the police. That young woman is my best friend.

There is a widespread misconception among university students that the risk of HIV pertains to other, disenfranchised demographics. Not so. A 2001 study done by Health Canada shows that 44.5 per cent of new HIV cases in Canada involve young women aged 15 to 29. The stories of those who had alleged relationships with Walkem are exclusively from that demographic; my friend’s story is not as rare as it may seem.

A year and a half after her diagnosis, I felt, along with a need to understand how the law views cases like this, that it was time to share my friend’s story with other people our age, as a warning and perhaps an inspiration.

HIV/AIDS among the young a cause for concern?

HIV/AIDS is an phenomenon that is increasingly affecting women, particularly young women. They represent a growing proportion of positive HIV test reports. According to a fact-sheet put out by the AIDS Committee of Toronto, women accounted for about one in four of all HIV diagnoses in Canada from 2001 to 2003. In the years between 1985 and 1997, they accounted for only 12 per cent of HIV diagnoses.

Women also made up over 38 per cent of all positive HIV test reports among Canadians aged 15 to 29 in 2002. In the same year, heterosexual contact remained the main risk factor for HIV infection among women – accounting for 58.3 per cent of positive HIV test reports.

Women are an increasing proportion of Canadians living with AIDS, from 6.1 per cent before 1994 to 16.5 per cent in 2002.

HIV/AIDS is also an issue of concern for young people around the world and in Canada. According to the 2004 UNAIDS Report on the Global AIDS Epidemic, young people aged 15 to 24 account for half of all new HIV infections worldwide. An estimated 10 million young people are living with HIV/AIDS in the world today. In Canada, youth aged 15 to 29 accounted for just over a quarter of all positive HIV test reports from 1985 to 2003.

There are many possible explanations for the recent steps backward in the fight against HIV/AIDS. One is that Canadians are less wary about the risks of infection than in years past. It is an idea that seems to be disproved by a recent survey commissioned by the Public Health Agency of Canada. While nine of ten Canadians see themselves as having a low risk of contracting HIV/AIDS, higher risk groups – such as youth and those with multiple sexual partners – are conscious of their higher risk of infection. 59 per cent of youths under 25 years of age also believe that the risk of contracting HIV/AIDS is higher than it was ten years ago.

What may be a disconcerting result from the survey is the number of Canadians who do not engage in safer sex practices – almost half of respondents. Of those who do not practice safer sex, 87 per cent attributed the decision to the fact that they are in a monogamous relationship.

World AIDS day is on December 1 and will feature events at McGill.

—compiled by Rishi Hargovan, with files from the AIDS Committee of Toronto and the Public Health Agency of Canada

A typical story?

My friend, who asked not to be named, says she began a relationship with Walkem in the summer of 2002. Fresh out of high school, she stayed in Toronto to try her luck in the acting, dancing, and restaurant-waiting world. She was on her own for the first time, experiencing the thrill of a new school and the city without parents. She was also falling in love for the first time. In those first months, my friend seemed more content than she had ever been.

It was a painful awakening when Walkem’s co-worker told her to get tested for HIV. Neither of us wanted to believe she could be at risk. To be safe, she went to get tested. A family friend who is very active in the HIV non-profit community went with her to get the devastating results. At 19, she was HIV-positive.

The news confounded everyone who knew her. The relationship between my friend and Walkem ended with the news that they were both HIV-positive. This past summer, a chance encounter between my friend and Walkem’s new girlfriend led them to contact the police.

When police gained access to his public health records, they determined Walkem had tested HIV-positive and had been informed of his status a year before he met my friend. Police immediately charged Walkem with aggravated assault.

The criminalization question

In order to understand what kind of protection the law offers people like my friend, I spoke with the University of British Columbia’s Dean of Law, Mary Anne Bobinski.

Bobinski told me that in the precedent-setting case of Crown vs. Cuerrier, the Supreme Court of Canada ruled that people with HIV who fail to disclose their status before engaging in unprotected intercourse can be convicted of aggravated assault.

“The central question in the Cuerrier case was: Is it better to place the responsibility on individuals to protect themselves, or should criminal law be used?” said Bobinski. The judges in that case decided that there was a “significant risk of serious harm” and therefore the law should intervene.

The failure to disclose was characterised as fraud, and therefore consent for intercourse was deemed legally invalid. Furthermore, because the HIV virus causes bodily harm, the act was determined to be aggravated assault.

At the time of the Supreme Court’s ruling, there arose considerable controversy over what was seen as the criminalization of HIV.

“There has been debate about whether or not criminalization makes sense; some groups thought that it may discourage people from getting tested,” Bobinski said.

AIDS activists argued that criminalizing HIV infection would undermine HIV prevention and make people reluctant to get tested. Many feared high profile cases would also reinforce strong stigmas against people living with HIV by portraying them as criminals.

A 2002 paper from the Joint United Nations Programme on HIV/AIDS questioned the utility and wisdom of criminalization. “In (using criminal law for) deterring a person who knows he or she is HIV-positive from engaging in risky behaviours without disclosure, policy-makers must consider the impact that such prosecutions may have on people’s willingness to get tested in the first place...a key element of effective HIV prevention strategies,” the paper states.

The UN report suggests that public health laws, including those compelling people with HIV to disclose their status to partners, ordering them not to have sex, or forcing medical treatment, are strong enough measures to combat acts like those alleged in Walkem’s case. Such legislation could be backed up with fines, but the report maintains that HIV transmission should not be criminalized.

After Crown v. Cuerrier, public health offices all over Canada began to warn their patients of the potential criminal charges for non-disclosure. Public health counsels all patients living with HIV on their “responsibilities” to stop the spread of the disease. Public health also engages in “contact tracing” or partner notification. The public health official will ask the patient to contact people with whom they have had sex or shared intravenous drugs. If the patient is reluctant, the official is obliged to do so.

In a September 1 interview with the Toronto Star, the Director of Public Health for the city of Toronto, Rita Shahin, said: “Most people who are infected behave responsibly.”

However, there are at least ten previous Canadian cases of people with HIV knowingly withholding information or misinforming their partners in order to have unprotected sex.

The Supreme Court of Canada chose criminal prosecution as a means to deter possible public health offenders, punish those who knowingly spread HIV, and protect innocent people from infection.

Because of my first-hand knowledge, I have been convinced that public health counselling alone does not always effectively encourage disclosure.

The Toronto Star recently interviewed another former girlfriend of Walkem’s. Jessica Whitbread told them she had just parted ways with Walkem, in December 2001, when he told her that he was HIV-positive. She too went through the ordeal of testing positive for HIV.

Seven months later, Walkem met my friend for the first time.

The new face of HIV/AIDS

Today, my friend attends university and gives AIDS awareness talks and workshops to youth. She wants to get the message out to young women that they are at risk of HIV infection. Contrary to popular belief, my friend, and Whitbread as well, are emblematic of the new face of HIV/AIDS. Young women are the fastest growing HIV risk group, but perceptions are slow to change.

“Forget stereotypes,” my friend said. “I was in a trusting, monogamous relationship. HIV can happen to anyone.”

Even with AIDS in the news almost daily, recent studies have shown that people under 24 are the most ignorant of the risks of HIV. “People talk about condom fatigue and people are tired of those messages,” said Shahin. The perception that “miracle” drugs have turned HIV into a chronic disease also may reinforce the misconception that HIV is not as dangerous as it once was.

Walkem now awaits trial for his alleged crime in the strict custody of his family. Whitbread recently participated in the Toronto AIDS walk, with 87 of her closest supporters and friends.

For my friend, the news of her infection helped her decide to get her studies started. She is now a full-time modern dance student. Touched by a horrendous betrayal and living through the fear of illness, her courage, drive, and passion are an inspiration to all those who know her. “It really put life into perspective for me,” she told me. “While at first I felt sorry for myself, it has actually made me incredibly motivated.”

http://www.mcgilldaily.com/view.php?aid=3126

Let me repeat this because I think this is the main reason he was convicted,....

When police gained access to his public health records, they determined Walkem had tested HIV-positive and had been informed of his status a year before he met my friend. Police immediately charged Walkem with aggravated assault.

In my opinion,...he should have gotten MORE jail time,.....and have been charged with murder,....as should anyone who does this sort of thing
 marita_b
Msg: 2 (view)

Posted: 6/20/2009 8:09:11 AM
If there is an actual law against rape,....then they need to be prosecuted, to the full extent of their law,....

and if their laws are insufficient,...then they need to introduce and pass laws against it,....

To me the most horrific thing is that they believe that any man who is positive for HIV, will be cured by passing the illness onto a child under 2,....the idea of raping a child still in diapers,.... is to me beyond forgivable,....
 marita_b
Msg: 18 (view)

Posted: 6/18/2009 7:54:08 AM

Klamm faces one count of felony stalking and a hate crime enhancement for allegedly harassing his neighbor.

Seems to me all is as it should have been,....both crimes were considered,....

as for his mitigating circumstances,....the stroke,...that should be looked into as well and if that can be medically reversed, then and only then should it count towards reducing his sentance,....

so what's the debate again?
 marita_b
Msg: 41 (view)

NAACP Wins Dictionary Battle
Posted: 6/14/2009 11:41:38 PM
you know when I first came to Canada back in the 60's
I used to be called the "N" word,....all the time,....

of course back then,....it also stood for Nazi,....

go figure eh?
 marita_b
Msg: 8 (view)

Stephen Colbert and the troops
Posted: 6/14/2009 11:02:16 PM
he is wanted for the Embassy bombings and was in fact charged. As for 911, we do know that as head of Al Qaeda, he was responsible for that attack.

what ever happened to inocent until proven guilty in a court of law?
just wondering,....

and because I was currious about the actual arrest warrant issued against Usama Bin Laden,....I decided to look it up,....

Offences
Categories of Offences: CRIMES AGAINST LIFE AND HEALTH, CRIMES INVOLVING THE USE OF WEAPONS/EXPLOSIVES, TERRORISM, TERRORISM CONSPIRACY
Arrest Warrant Issued by: MADRID (COURT NR 5) / Spain, SOUTHERN DISTRICT OF NEW YORK, NEW YORK / United States, TRIPOLI / Libya

UN information indicates that: 'Saudi citizenship withdrawn, now officially an Afghan national'.
Other POB: Yemen.

UN Sanctions
Pursuant to Security Council Resolution 1267 (1999) and successor resolutions, including resolution 1822 (2008), the Subject is under the following UN Sanctions: Freezing of Assets, Travel Ban and Arms Embargo. The Subject has the following permanent reference number on the list maintained by the UN Security Council Al-Qaida and Taliban Sanctions Committee (1267 Committee) which appears in the Special Notice for this subject: QI.B.8.01.

WANTED by Interpol
IF YOU HAVE ANY INFORMATION CONTACT

YOUR NATIONAL OR LOCAL POLICE

ICPO-INTERPOL General Secretariat, (Command & Coordination Center, Tel: +33 472 44 76 76 - Email : ccc@interpol.int
http://www.interpol.int/Public/Data/Wanted/Notices/Data/1998/32/1998_20232.asp

I wonder whose warrant takes priority/ or is it a matter of who catches him first?,....
 marita_b

Stephen Colbert and the troops
Posted: 6/14/2009 2:52:11 PM
My son and I stayed up every night that week just to watch,....
we catch the show, which follows the daily show (another one of our favorite) here at midnight,...

Show ALL Forums