Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Just want to meet a tall, handsome man that is trully single and respectful is their any left?
 chuckyB51
Msg: 60 (view)

Just want to meet a tall, handsome man that is trully single and respectful is their any left?
Posted: 5/5/2013 11:11:35 AM
There is a double standard here...

If a woman says, for example, that she wants a man who is tall, dark and handsome, it is considered attraction or preference.

If a man says, for example, that he wants a woman who is skinny, big boobs and blond, he is considered a superficial pig that only cares about what's on the outside.
 chuckyb51
Msg: 68 (view)

To those who have a long shopping list of requirements does it help your relationship?
Posted: 7/10/2010 3:15:59 PM

i really think most of these men looking for "petite" women are closet pedophiles.

Based on your way of thinking...Does this mean all the women looking for a "TALL" man are looking for a father or a trophy on thier arm to affirm their femininity?
 chuckyb51
Msg: 61 (view)

To those who have a long shopping list of requirements does it help your relationship?
Posted: 7/7/2010 2:24:12 PM
I stay away from the profiles of women with laundry lists. Even if she is attractive and I meet the requirements in her list I wont contact her. It's okay to have a few items (i.e. non-smoker). A woman with a long list is not looking for love.
 chuckyb51
Msg: 33 (view)

Do I come across as intimidating or overqualified? Or am I just too short??
Posted: 7/7/2010 2:20:48 PM

You're kind of right... I would probably settle for someone that wasn't as bright as long as she's comfortable with my height :/

I woman who excepts your height and wants to be with you for who you are will be far smarter than the superficial lemmings that only want a tall man. Women use tall men to make themselves feel feminine...Their femininity comes from the guy on their arm. The woman that dates you will probably be far smarter than most because her attraction to you will go beyond just physical attraction.
 chuckyb51
Msg: 48 (view)

Posted: 6/30/2010 8:24:37 PM
I once read an article by a dating expert and she said, "Men have preferences; women have requirements."
 chuckyb51
Msg: 20 (view)

Do I come across as intimidating or overqualified? Or am I just too short??
Posted: 6/29/2010 9:21:56 PM

Do all you women prefer someone taller? How much taller? Can you see yourself with a man the same height as you, or 2-3 inches taller only?

This topic has been done a number of times. What the women in the forums have shown is that height is the most important physical characteristic. If you aren't 4-6 inches taller than her then you have no chance no matter how great of a personality you have. If you don't meet her height requirement, the height sign at the amusement park, then you have no chance that she will get to know you. As the ABC News 20/20 report showed a few years ago; unless the tall guy is a murderer he will be chosen every time over the more attractive and more successful shorter male. Just a fact of life. Don't expect women to understand either, because they don't care and will just accuse you of whining.
 chuckyb51
Msg: 1015 (view)

why do men think they can use women for sex?
Posted: 6/3/2010 8:25:38 PM
He didn't use you for sex. You were willing. Don't blame him because you can't keep your legs closed and have no self-control. At anytime you could have said "NO", but you didn't. You were willing.
 chuckyb51
Msg: 451 (view)

Why don't tall men choose to date tall women?
Posted: 6/3/2010 1:09:13 PM

I doubt there are any or many here, who don't think, "if only I'd win the lotto my problems would be solved", when in fact, money only fixes what money fixes! If you have money and don't become a better person through the processes, money avails you. Your still not all that, sorry.

I once heard a well known dating expert say this about short men, "The bigger his wallet the taller the man because women love money and it makes a short man datable."
 chuckyb51
Msg: 443 (view)

Posted: 5/31/2010 4:18:25 PM

I've mostly dated shorter men because I don't have to squint up into the sun when I talk to them but that's because I don't have children. If I was going to have children I would only have done so with a very tall man so as not to doom my children to pygmy status. If I had had kids there's no way in hell it would have been with a short man. Maybe that's why very tall men often date and marry very short women. It's a non-evolutionary correction.

Hitler would be so proud of a statement like this. It is sad that there are women who think like this.
 chuckyb51
Msg: 426 (view)

Posted: 5/22/2010 2:58:34 PM
The answer is simple...Men and women aren't comfortable with themselves and need outside forces to feel masculine or feminine.

Much of a man's masculinity comes from the woman on his arm. A taller woman makes him feel less masculine. He needs a short or shorter woman to feel masculine.

Much of a woman's femininity comes from the man on her arm. A shorter than her man or shorter than average man makes her feel less feminine. She needs a taller man or taller than average to feel feminine.

At the end of the day, this is all really stupid that we put so much emphasis on physical attraction. Until we become less superficial and shallow as a society nothing will change.
 chuckyb51
Msg: 48 (view)

ATHLETIC VERSES NON-ATHLETIC GUYS
Posted: 5/22/2010 2:43:48 PM
Women will say that personality is more important than looks...But, few really believe it.
 chuckyb51
Msg: 990 (view)

why do men think they can use women for sex?
Posted: 5/7/2010 4:28:55 PM
Why do women think they can use tall men? Rich men?

A woman can only be used for sex if she allows it. Unless it's rape a woman has full control and power over her body and actions. If you are being used by men for sex then it's your own problem. Take some responsibility for your own actions.

Somone can only be used if they allow it.
 chuckyb51
Msg: 11 (view)

At what point is the honeymoon over for you ?
Posted: 5/7/2010 4:24:43 PM
The honeymoon ends when you say "I Do"
 chuckyb51
Msg: 51 (view)

When a woman punches walls...
Posted: 5/5/2010 8:34:27 PM
I had a girlfriend punch a wall once. Thankfully I wasn't there since the wall probably would have been me. Now she's a lesbian.
 chuckyb51
Msg: 15 (view)

Gay sex but claim to be straight?
Posted: 5/4/2010 5:30:29 PM
It is my belief that we are born bisexual and we are all bisexual in a way. What I mean is that we all fall into a different place on the spectrum between gay and straight. I don't believe that anyone is 100% straight or 100% gay. I also believe that one can move around on the spectrum at anytime because the mind is the most powerful thing in the world. Sexuality if fluid.
 chuckyb51
Msg: 70 (view)

what do you feel is the most UNATTRACTIVE piercing commonly done today?
Posted: 4/16/2010 7:43:12 PM
I hate nose piercings and studs. It looks like a shinny booger on the outside of the nose. I just don't get the point of a nose piercing. It's so ugly. I feel like I need to tell her to wipe her nose.
 chuckyb51
Msg: 402 (view)

What if Prostitution was Legal?
Posted: 4/16/2010 7:38:05 PM
Prostitution is legal...It's called dating.
 chuckyb51
Msg: 5 (view)

She decide to ends up our relationship because shes GAY...
Posted: 3/31/2010 8:52:29 PM
I had this happen too. We had a great relationship and one day she told me she was bi and sleeping with her best friend (female). Since I'm an only child I don't like to share. I was in shock because I never saw it coming and loved her a lot. Today she says she is a lesbian but admits that she wouldn't rule out ever being with a man again.
 chuckyb51
Msg: 332 (view)

I have a great looking girl but............
Posted: 3/31/2010 8:06:03 PM
Follow what you preach here ladies.
 chuckyb51
Msg: 140 (view)

Picky
Posted: 3/31/2010 8:00:02 PM
The best relationship I have ever had was with someone that I was not physically attracted to at first. She was not at all my type. She wasn't ugly or anything, just not the what I was normally attracted too. We met in college and became really good friends. We hung out a lot and during that time became very attracted to each other and our friendship became a dating relationship. I was very attracted to who she was on the inside and with that came a physical attraction beyond what I had ever felt. Physical attraction is based on lust and first impressions, but our relationship was built on emotional and mental attraction. She became very attractive to me and the most beautiful woman in my eyes. No relationship built on physical attraction and lust will be a long term and loving relationship.
 chuckyb51
Msg: 4 (view)

no emails feature
Posted: 3/31/2010 1:43:57 PM
I've been looking around on the theads and still don't see if this option exists or if there is another way to get to it.
 chuckyb51
Msg: 138 (view)

Picky
Posted: 3/31/2010 1:29:36 PM

For the ten millionth time you have to be able to physically look at someone to date them. Physical attraction has to be there. Im sorry that you would accept anyone but myself and others wont. I know if I settled for someone not my type I would not be happy

And this is why divorce and cheating are so high by both men and women...Once the eye candy is better somewhere else we'll gravitate towards it. Our society has made a shift in the last 50 years. We put way too much emphasis on outward appearance and physical attraction. As my grandmother say’s, “When did women become so superficial and shallow?”

This thread shows one of the biggest problems in our society today. This topic leads to a large number of problems in society. For example, people are getting married based more on physical attraction than mental or emotional attraction. Once the physical attraction stage wears off in a few years (the newness factor of a relationship, also know as the seven year itch) the couple gets divorced. Most likely there will be kids that then have to deal with this. These kids are more likely to have psychological issues and have relationship issues with friends and future partners. Kids of divorce are also more likely to commit a crime. Young girls of divorced parents are more likely to have eating disorders and have a teen pregnancy. So you can see how our society’s concentration on physical attraction causes a number of trickle down effects in society.

Some may think its crazy to blame so many of today’s problems and issues on people putting too much attention on physical attraction in relationships. But, if you step back and look at it for a moment you can see the snowball effect that this issue has on society.
 chuckyb51
Msg: 329 (view)

Posted: 3/30/2010 7:58:41 PM

That's the most shallow, superficial, aggravating, thing I've heard of. You are only dating her for her looks, and don't care about her. And 30 pounds?? SERIOUSLY! Is 30 pounds that much of a turn off for you? You have some serious problems. My advice is to ditch your attitude and look inside yourself to see what's wrong with the way you feel.

I see a lot of women who say this, but very few that actually believe it. Since you are 5'7" and probably around 5'10" in heels, would you date a man that was 5'4"? Now weight and height aren't really comparable since one is changable and one isn't. But, for the most part, height is important to women and weight to men. A woman can lose weight to be more attractive, but a man can not grow any taller. I see a lot of women attacking this man, but what is the response when the shoe is on the other foot?
 chuckyb51
Msg: 113 (view)

Picky..damn straight.
Posted: 3/29/2010 8:30:19 PM
My earlier statement seems to have gotten lost in the fighting between rachman and others. But I want to know why we have a double standard here.

"It is interesting that some of the same women on this thread who are talking about how important physical attraction is and supporting their pickiness are the same ones on another thread attacking a guy for his inability to date a fat woman and get beyond her weight even though she is a great girl."
 chuckyb51
Msg: 321 (view)

Posted: 3/29/2010 8:27:44 PM

Actually i dont, and im open about that. I have loved men short and tall, big and skinny, light skinned dark skinned etc.

Not that im not picky, i look for things like character, chemistry, and how they treat me, how well they turn me on in bed, how they make me feel emotionally, things like that.

Sweetness...It is good to know that there might be a few women out there like you who do not judge but outward appearance alone. Since 99% of women are superficial and shallow you are an oddity these days. Love today only seems to be skin deep and doesn't go beyond the surface.
 chuckyb51
Msg: 100 (view)

Picky..damn straight.
Posted: 3/28/2010 7:53:52 PM
rachman35 is one of the few that has the balls to tell it like it is. Men have become such wusses these days and hide in the corner.

It is interesting that some of the same women on this thread who are talking about how important physical attraction is and supporting their pickiness are the same ones on another thread attacking a guy for his inability to date a fat woman and get beyond her weight even though she is a great girl.
 chuckyb51
Msg: 312 (view)

Posted: 3/27/2010 10:40:03 PM
So "SweetnessInLove" are you saying that visual stimulation isn't important to you? Do you have physical preferences or requirements? What about the women who judge men based on physical attraction...How are they any different from this man?
 chuckyb51
Msg: 33 (view)

Heels and shorter guys - advice please!
Posted: 3/27/2010 11:43:28 AM
Men can wear heels too. They make elevator shoes that will give you up to 5 inches of extra height. The heel is built into the inside of the shoe.
 chuckyb51
Msg: 294 (view)

Posted: 3/27/2010 11:39:00 AM
I find it so interesting in this forum that women are allowed to be superficial and have physical requirements in who they date but a man is not allowed too. Get off your soap box ladies because most of you are no better than this man. I've seen what you have posted in other forums on here and you have said some of the same things as the OP. The double standard is clear here.
 chuckyb51
Msg: 77 (view)

What do girls mean when they say their last relationship was all about sex?
Posted: 3/26/2010 8:42:18 PM

What do girls mean when they say their last relationship was all about sex?

It means the last guy took the car around the block for a test drive on more than one occassion and then turned it back in, and you wont be driving the car until you buy the car or the warranty is up.
 chuckyb51
Msg: 285 (view)

Posted: 3/26/2010 8:36:39 PM
This conversation is full of so many hypocritical women. Why is it okay for women to be superficial and care about physical attraction, but not men? Women seem to be affraid to be labeled as superficial. These women come out in droves when they perceive a man as being superficial and on the receiving end. But, they will also support the woman who does the same thing as this man, it's just that women call it attraction or preference when they are on the giving end.

There's a double standard here. If a woman says that she wants a man who is tall, dark, handsome...It is called physical attraction or preference. If a man says that he wants a woman who is blond, skinny and large breasted...He is called a superficial pig that only cares about the outside. Why the double standard? Both are the same.
 chuckyb51
Msg: 73 (view)

Picky
Posted: 3/21/2010 9:46:00 PM
The CNN article helps to show how picky most women have become. Just the other day my grandmother and I were talking and she said, "When did women become so superficial and picky?" This coming from a very smart woman.

There is also a double standard. If a woman says that she wants a man who is tall, dark and handsome...It's called preference or physical attraction. If a man says that he wants a woman who is blond, skinny and large breasted...He is called a superficial pig that only cares about outward appearance. Why the double standard?
 chuckyb51
Msg: 238 (view)

short women/tall men
Posted: 3/10/2010 10:16:12 PM

I don't know if I have ever believed that old saying of "for every pot there is a lid to match"

Not sure I agree with this one. In China there are far more males than women so there isn't a woman for every man there. Plus, a man has to be 5'3" or taller to drive and has to be 5'7" or taller to be a judge. Many companies in China have height requirements for management positions. Because of these laws and rules shorter men were getting limb lengthening at an alarming rate and illegal clinics began to pop up. Well, there were so many botched surgeries that China outlawed limb lengthening. It also doesn't help that superficial Western Culture has taken root in China. So back to the orginal post...No, there isn't someone for everyone. The opposite was true after WW2 in the US. Right after the war there were more women than men.
 chuckyb51
Msg: 36 (view)

Confusion in a gay relationship
Posted: 3/7/2010 12:49:26 PM
Most likely you are both bisexual. Among the scientific community the belief that everyone is born bisexual has been increasing in popularity. This change in thought has come from recent studies by psychologists and sociologists that show environmental factors play a much larger role than previously thought in sexuality. This change in thought has also been created by the lack of much study to find a gay gene. Since science has been unable to prove that one is born gay we are seeing the beginnings of a paradigm shift within science that says everyone is born bisexual. Sigmund Freud, Wilhelm Fliess and Alfred Kinsey all wrote and did research on innate bisexuality. All three found it very likely that we are all born bisexual.
 chuckyb51
Msg: 30 (view)

Do woman mind dating shorter men?
Posted: 3/6/2010 3:51:01 PM

Chucky...I am able to control my thoughts and emotions...it is the chemisrty factor that non of us can control...it is a fact. We don't know why we are attracted to certain character traits in a given person.

I'm not sure where you are getting this one from. Chemistry and physical attraction are created by the brain and we have full control over who and what we are attracted to. Anyone who says that they have no control over what they are attracted to is a mindless lemming who is a product of our modern media culture. What you are talking about is lust.

Tell me do you like heavy girls/skinny girls/small chest/large chest/easy going/controling/long hair/ short hair ,you must have a preference...I rest my case. You are not attracted to all equally, and if you say you are....than perhaps you are desperate and want just anybody.

Sure I have preferences, but I have dated within every catagory of women you mentioned above. I think women of all shapes and sizes and personalities are beautiful. I try not to judge a woman based on outward appearance. For example I prefer redheads, but that doesn't mean that I am not attracted to blonds and brunetts and wouldn't date them. That would be crazy. I am attracted to all equally, because I am not a judgmental person. At the end of the day I have full control over what I am attracted to and my preferences.
 chuckyb51
Msg: 28 (view)

Do woman mind dating shorter men?
Posted: 3/5/2010 9:11:21 PM

The point I was trying to make is that we can not control what we are attracted to......

So you are saying that you do not have a mind of your own and you are unable to control your thoughts and emotions? I was always taught that I have control over my own brain. Mindless lemmings.
 chuckyb51
Msg: 228 (view)

short women/tall men
Posted: 3/4/2010 3:40:08 PM
Short women want and need tall men to make themselves feel feminine. Tall men want and need short women to make themselves feel masculine.
 chuckyb51
Msg: 215 (view)

short women/tall men
Posted: 2/27/2010 10:12:27 PM

It's a preference...it's what turns me on...I like big, tall guys! Just like everyone else I have preferences....I also don't like bald heads because I love running my fingers through a guys hair during sex. I've never used a man to make me feel better about myself and I don't feel I have psychological issues just because I...like everyone else.....has preferences! Just like some guys don't like dark haired girls or girls with fake boobs...guess what? I'm not for them and that doesn't bother me!

It appears though that you are incorrectly using the word preference. Your preferences appear to be requirements.

Yes, everyone has preferences, but physical attraction should not dictate love.
 chuckyb51
Msg: 212 (view)

short women/tall men
Posted: 2/27/2010 9:07:15 PM

Hahaha.....using them for their height...that's funny lil man! When I say little girl I wasn't referring to an age thing...obviously! I meant little as in not petite so what would that have to do with a pedophile? Don't get your underoos in a bunch!

From what I see here you are still saying that your femininity comes from the guy on your arm and that you use tall men to make you feel better about yourself. You have said that tall men make you feel petite, therefore, you are using tall men to make you feel better about a psychological issue you have. I don't think that I have missed anything here. How is this not using a guy?
 chuckyb51
Msg: 210 (view)

short women/tall men
Posted: 2/27/2010 6:58:10 PM

I feel bad for short men. I'm a woman who likes guys 5'11 or taller. I wish it didn't bug me but I feel totally self concious being with a guy that I'm taller than in heels or wedges! I'm only 5'4 and I know that seems ridiculous but I'm not what I feel to be a little girl and I like that big masculine guy thing. I've tried to get over it because it really limits who I feel comfy dating!

And I prefer a woman who does not validate her femininity by the man on her arm. Since you want a tall man to make you feel like a little girl, does that make the tall guy a pedophile? Do these men know that you are using them for their height?
 chuckyb51
Msg: 181 (view)

Do girls use guys for sex?
Posted: 2/27/2010 6:54:24 PM
^^^
I am so glad it was a woman who said this.
 chuckyb51
Msg: 207 (view)

short women/tall men
Posted: 2/27/2010 5:14:00 PM
^^^
I don't think that taz is making up profiles here in the Los Angeles area.

Anyway, yesterday I found myself looking at the "500 hottest people" list (I was bored)...and guess what I saw? Men who were nowhere near the 6 foot mark that's claimed as an absolute must here, with many in the 5'6 to 5'9 range.

I saw this posting yesterday and was wondering how true the statement is. So I went through the top 500 today to see what the height is of the guys on there.

Total of 36 men in the 500 hottest people. Tallest was 6'5" and the shortest was 5'5". 80% percent were average to above average in height with 20% below average in height. 50% of these guys were 6' or taller. The two top heights of the men were 5'10" and 6'. 72% of the men fall into the range of 5'9" to 6'1". Here's the breakdown:
One 6'5"
Two 6'4"
One 6'3"
Three 6'2"
Four 6'1"
Seven 6"
Four 5'11"
Seven 5'10"
Four 5'9"
Two 5'8"
One 5'5"
 chuckyb51
Msg: 206 (view)

short women/tall men
Posted: 2/27/2010 4:07:56 PM
Just came across this profile that made me laugh. Plus, it helps prove taztiger's earlier posts about the 6' mark. This girl is only 5'5" and needs a 6' guy.

"Into TALL men...if you're not 6' + DONT MESSAGE ME! Sorry, I hav a thing for tall men.. I'm 5'5 without heels and 5'9-10 with =)."
 chuckyb51
Msg: 201 (view)

short women/tall men
Posted: 2/25/2010 4:30:57 PM
Tall Guys Get the Girls
Short Men Less Likely to Marry, Have Kids
By Rick Callahan

Jan. 12 — If it seemed as if the tall guys got all the girls in high school, it wasn’t your imagination. New research suggests taller men are more likely to marry and tend to have more children than short guys.
What’s behind the phenomenon — whether women prefer taller men or those men are simply more outgoing — is up for debate. But the numbers clearly stack up against shorter guys.
Polish and British scientists studied the medical records of about 3,200 Polish men ages 25 to 60 and found that childless men were on average 1.2 inches shorter than men who had at least one child.
Bachelors were about an inch shorter on average than married men. That was true even after researchers took into account the fact that men’s heights increased in recent decades because of better nutrition and health care.
20- to 50-Year-Olds
The records, which were collected in Wroclaw, Poland, from 1983 to 1989, showed that tall men in their 20s, 30s and 40s all had more children than their shorter peers.
Height didn’t seem to matter for men in their 50s. Robin I.M. Dunbar of the University of Liverpool said that is because those men came of age after World War II — a catastrophe that claimed the lives of many Polish men and reduced women’s mating options.
However, Dunbar said the numbers clearly show that women favor taller men — something that other research suggests is true across all cultures.
“Basically, height is a proxy for other variables that women find desirable — men who can protect them, provide them with resources, have good social status and aren’t easily dominated by other men,” said Dunbar, a professor of evolutionary psychology and the study’s co-author.
The findings were published in Thursday’s issue of the journal Nature.
Abnormal Sizes Scrapped
Out of the military service records of 4,400 men, the researchers excluded men who were abnormally short or tall. The average height of the 3,200 men whose records were part of their final sample was 5-foot-6.
The researchers meant to study men whose height and reproductive success were not so gargantuan, or so small, as to have skewed their results. Their methodology would have excluded someone like Wilt Chamberlain, the 7-foot-1 basketball star who bragged of sleeping with 20,000 women.
While other studies have shown that taller-than-average men have higher incomes and social status than shorter men, this study is the first to demonstrate a direct link between height and reproductive success, said David Buss, a professor of psychology at the University of Texas at Austin.
Evolutionary Trait
Buss, who has written two books on human mating habits, said the female preference for taller males harkens back to the earliest stages of human evolution. That was a time when prehistoric women chose mates who could offer them the best protection and provide for their needs.
“This study shows that even in modern times the kind of selection we might think of as prehistoric continues to operate,” he said.
Dunbar said he undertook the research after noticing that in personal ads men advertised their height only if they were tall or taller than average.
“You didn’t see any advertisements saying, ‘I’m 5-foot-3, give me a call,”‘ he said.
 chuckyb51
Msg: 199 (view)

short women/tall men
Posted: 2/25/2010 2:11:45 PM
Size Matters: $30,000 Per Inch
Monday, February 15, 2010

CHARLOTTE OBSERVER -- "A forthcoming study by a Duke University researcher and several colleagues confirms what not-so-thin women and short, broke men have long suspected: They don't get nearly as much romantic attention as skinny women and tall, financially secure guys.

With the $1.1 billion online dating and matchmaking industry growing in popularity, researchers say dating sites' gigantic databases make fertile ground for study. The study, still under peer review before publication, analyzed 22,000 online daters and found that women put a premium on income and height when deciding which men to contact, said Dan Ariely, a Duke behavioral economist who worked with University of Chicago researchers on the project.

For example, the study showed a 5-foot-9-inch man needs to make $30,000 more than a 5-foot-10-inch one to be as successful in the dating pool."
 chuckyb51
Msg: 194 (view)

short women/tall men
Posted: 2/24/2010 9:55:09 PM

I personally feel it is unfair for a woman to expect to date a guy that is over 6'2 or 6'4 when she herself is only 5'2 or less. I think you need to date more-less in your own league, no matter how low it is (no pun intended, ok maybe alittle lol ),and I find when a lady who is under 5'4 messages me or anyone my height, it's like a 450 pound man or woman attempting to get a date with an athletic supermodel hottie. If you yourself don't have it to give, you shouldn't ask for it.

A tall man who knows that women are just using him for his height. Short women are using tall men to make up for their own insecurities and validation of their femininity. These women will say that it’s just their preference, but there is a bigger psychological reason.
 chuckyb51
Msg: 186 (view)

short women/tall men
Posted: 2/16/2010 11:13:16 PM
You really are a lonely little man aren't you taztiger72. I'm beginning to think that cynthiaMw and the others are right about you. You really are bitter and making shorter men look bad. You seem to be really unhappy. You have never presented any data or research to prove your points. Some of your points have been valid in the false stereotypes that shorter than average men face, but you really have taken this beyond that point. All you do is harp on six feet. It doesn't seem that you are proud of your height...That doesn't mean that you wouldn't want to be taller, but get a grip. If shorter than average men were to listen to you they might as well jump off a bridge now.

I am 5'4" and proud of my height even though I have had many women put me down or not even give me a chance because of it. At the end of the day I wouldn't want to be with these women anyways. I have presented my view points on here based on my experiences, both good and bad. Some have not agreed with these viewpoints, but they are based on my experiences. I have always been a successful person. I own a successful business, was very successful in college, I am a leader in my community, have great friends and family...and someday I will have a wonderful woman in my life who I will be lucky to wake up to everyday.

I look forward to a healthy debate and discussion on this topic. I think this is an important topic of discussion because it is an issue that most shorter than average men deal with. This topic comes up a lot on the forums here because it is a real issue. I will admit that I have probably even taken it too far on this topic. I don't want any of my comments to put shorter than average men in a bad light. And If I have done this I owe an apology to these men.

I don't think anyone doubts that shorter men have it harder in the dating world. I will admit that I get discouraged when my 6'2" skinny asian friend who is shy around women has women throwing themselves at him. Shorter men don't have this luxury because they have to gain a woman’s interest through a great personality. What makes this even harder is that many women wont even give a short guy the time of day to see what kind of personality he has. Shorter men have it harder, but that doesn't mean that there aren't a few women out there who put personality before looks when it comes to grading attraction. To the shorter than average men...Don't give up and look for ways to improve yourself everyday.
 chuckyb51
Msg: 185 (view)

short women/tall men
Posted: 2/16/2010 10:25:33 PM

Further, the study found that more women chose 'medium' height men. Even more than chose tall men.

It seems that you must have read over the article quickly and didn't comprehend everything being said.

"Note, however, that the medium category is the closest approximation to the real choice of six feet." It didn't say that women actually prefer the medium category (5'9" to 5'11"). They showed preference to this category because it was the closest option to 6' given. Most likely the 28% who picked the medium height back in 1978 would pick taller today since this is what the more recent research on the article showed.

The ceiling is over 6'4".
 chuckyb51
Msg: 106 (view)

Shorter man Taller woman
Posted: 2/16/2010 8:43:37 PM

You will never convince me that you cannot find women who'll date a smaller man. Never.

Here's some research to convince you.

Look up the article "Height as a basis for interpersonal attraction" by Wayne E. Hensley. You can find the full article at http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m2248/is_n114_v29/ai_15622157/

In the research done by Mr. Hensley, 72 inches is the mean height for an ideal male reported by the uninvolved females in this study. Moreover, the standard deviation of the preferred height is so small ([Alpha] = .20) that the preference for a six-foot-tall male is overwhelming. Of the 145 uninvolved females, 46 (32%) report that six feet is the ideal height for a male.

The study does show that shorter men may have a chance, but it is slim. Only 2% of women preferred a shorter male. And only one in 720 couples was the man shorter than the woman.
 chuckyb51
Msg: 183 (view)

short women/tall men
Posted: 2/16/2010 8:36:00 PM
I'm still waiting for the women to comment on the research since many have been asking for proof. Here's your proof.

Look up the article "Height as a basis for interpersonal attraction" by Wayne E. Hensley. You can find the full article at http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m2248/is_n114_v29/ai_15622157/

In the research done by Mr. Hensley, 72 inches is the mean height for an ideal male reported by the uninvolved females in this study. Moreover, the standard deviation of the preferred height is so small ([Alpha] = .20) that the preference for a six-foot-tall male is overwhelming. Of the 145 uninvolved females, 46 (32%) report that six feet is the ideal height for a male.

The study does show that shorter men may have a chance, but it is slim. Only 2% of women preferred a shorter male. And only one in 720 couples was the man shorter than the woman.

Show ALL Forums