Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Ancient grains
 tornado1
Msg: 40 (view)

Ancient grains
Posted: 8/28/2009 8:02:37 AM
I've been eating ancient grains for about 15 years, way before they became popular........a nutritionist told me about them, but at that time, you could only get them in health food stores. They are now available in most grocery stores in everything from breads and crackers to cereals. I'll never go back to "white" LOL.
 tornado1
Msg: 16 (view)

Do public schools = Fairy Tales?
Posted: 8/21/2009 8:17:40 AM

[Quote] Let them do what they choose while they are young that makes them happy in an artistic/creative/sports/team sense

Totally disagree!!!! Vigorously!
That is what used to be called anti authoritarian educations. The result still sit in out jails and mental institutions!

Mountain lion, I find your comment offensive. I respectfully suggest that you are wrong in this case and quite honestly, I'm surprised at your close-minded attitude. Education has absolutely nothing to do with those who end up in mental institutions, but someone else has already addressed this point.

"Success" can be achieved in many ways and is a very subjective word. I can only relate to my own personal experience with my son. School was a nightmare for him. In Grade 2, he was diagnosed with severe learning disabilities. Though well-meaning, the only thing school ever managed to "teach" him was how "stupid" he was. At the beginning of Grade 3, I pulled him out of school to homeschool him.......he never did go back. I persevered with teaching him to read, but mostly I followed the homeschooling theory of letting the child choose his subjects.

I still remember in Grade 2, he was always getting in trouble, because he refused to follow the "rules". When his teacher would give him an assignment to write a story and then illustrate it, he would spend all his time drawing elaborately detailed pictures (which told the story), but he never could put a single word down. Skip forward 15 years........he will graduate from The Art Institute of Vancouver next month.
 tornado1
Msg: 10 (view)

certainty that he/she is 'the one'
Posted: 8/18/2009 8:48:45 AM
Am I certain he is "the one".......no. Do I love him......yes. Could I see myself growing old with him.......yes. That is good enough for me.

I think when we are younger, it is easier to be certain that someone is the one for us, because we don't have the life experience and wisdom to know otherwise.

Lest someone think I mean I am settling for comfortable, not at all. For me, there has to be fireworks and compatibility. One without the other just doesn't work. Fireworks alone soon fizzle out. Compatibility alone is what friends are.
 tornado1
Msg: 13 (view)

Ladies, Is Walking You to Your Door Important?
Posted: 8/3/2009 8:27:08 AM

Seeing a lady to her door is a lovely old school manners action that tells a lady that you care for her well being

I agree with this statement. My ex-husband always did this and it is something I appreciate. I think it is just common courtesy. Even, If I am dropping off a girlfriend, (obviously I don't walk her to her door), I will make sure she is safely in her home, before I drive off. My own door is hidden behind bushes, which makes me a little nervous after dark. My current b/f while having good manners in general, never walks me to my door, unless he intends to come in. This bothered me at first, but I realized it simply never occurred to him, that I would feel safer if he waited and I'm sure he would if I asked him, but I chose not to make an issue of it. He knows I work shift and usually come home after dark, so I don't think he'd get it.

I don't think walking a woman to her door, implies that you expect to be invited in, but at the same time, if you can clearly see her front door from the car and wait til she is in, that should be enough. Like someone else mentioned, if you are still interested in pursuing her, you could explain your reasoning to her, but my guess is, it wouldn't make a difference.
 tornado1
Msg: 3 (view)

STRESS. Got some?
Posted: 8/2/2009 2:54:42 PM

If you had an awful lot on your plate, would you want to or could you date anyone?

Short answer, no! When I have a lot on my plate, dating drops low to off my priority list. If I am already dating someone special, then I would likely continue, providing they weren't causing me additional stress. Dating can be time-consuming, both in a literal sense and mentally. I don't want or expect anyone to help me solve my problems, but simply having an understanding partner, who can be there for me, goes a long way. However, in my opinion, this is not a good way to start a relationship, unless you know the stress will be fairly short-term.
 tornado1
Msg: 2 (view)

Dating an individual with no children, how much of an issue is it?
Posted: 7/26/2009 8:43:32 AM
Once a parent, always a parent! I'm sure there are exceptions, but my experience has been that men who don't have children (doesn't matter their age), can't understand. They seem to feel that once a child reaches the age of majority, they shouldn't need us anymore and that just isn't the reality. My best friend and I have discussed this many times, cause she has had the same experience. My son will always come first in my life!
 tornado1

Who Loves Thunder storms?
Posted: 7/26/2009 8:33:02 AM
Loved it and the view of the sky to the west was spectacular afterward. I grew up in Montreal and thunder storms are common there too, especially in the early summer. I miss a good thunder storm now and then. It's nature's fireworks!
 tornado1
Msg: 13 (view)

Why not happiness
Posted: 7/1/2009 8:38:57 AM
Perhaps you just need to give yourself more time, mahqninnuc. I too, was married for a long time and at first, I found it really hard to be alone, but the longer I am single, the more I enjoy it! I realize it can easier to do things with a companion by your side, but I have family and good friends "to be there when things get tough". I would rather be alone, than lonely in the wrong relationship. I look for the positives in being single and I have built a new life for myself. Find activities you enjoy and get involved. Maybe try volunteering to fill your hours. Before you know it, you'll realize you're happy, with or without a SO in your life.
 tornado1
Msg: 15 (view)

What types of dating activities do you enjoy and are they different since you have gotten older
Posted: 6/30/2009 10:08:37 PM
Guess I haven't grown up yet.......lol. I still pretty much enjoy the same things as I did when I was younger i.e. long walks, dancing, hanging out with friends, movies (and yes, this includes drive-in's), drives to the country, picnics, camping, playing mini-golf or pool, dance lessons, ice skating and my newest passion riding motorcycles. It all depends on our interests and what stage of dating we are at. Cooking together is fun if that is what you are in to. I'm not much for sitting at home, but I don't mind occasionally watching a movie and snuggling together on the couch. I like to get out dancing at least once a week, though. I don't much care for eating out in restaurants, except maybe breakfast.
 tornado1
Msg: 20 (view)

To wear make-up or not - 1st date
Posted: 6/29/2009 7:41:48 AM
Personally, if you don't normally wear make up......I think it's misleading to wear it on the first date.

MsMicki makes a good point. Personally, I wouldn't dream of going on a first date, without makeup, but that's me!
 tornado1
Msg: 12 (view)

The best piece of advice your DAD ever gave you...
Posted: 6/28/2009 7:05:47 AM
"Never burn your bridges". I was 12 when my dad taught me that lesson and I've never forgotten it.
 tornado1
Msg: 9 (view)

Conflicting interests
Posted: 6/26/2009 9:09:50 AM
I suspect how anyone of us answers this, will be based on our life experience. I spent 27 years with a man who's values very closely matched my own, but we had absolutely nothing else in common and eventually that did us in, though we are still best friends, probably because of those values. In the early years, I tried very hard to follow his interests, i.e. golf and tv and gambling, but he never reciprocated. I think alot of it depends on how consuming the interests are and whether our interests are part of our lifestyle. Healthy living is very important to me, but it wasn't to my ex. I am passionate about dancing, but it is something I like to do with a partner. So for me now at this time in my life, I would rather find someone who shares my interests. I'm not saying I want a carbon copy of myself, we should certainly remain open to new experiences. An ex b/f introduced me to snorkeling a couple years ago and I loved it in spite of a lifelong fear of water, but we had other interests in common.
 tornado1

Beating the heat at our age
Posted: 6/25/2009 7:06:32 AM
Well, it is cold and rainy today on the West coast, but yes I still wear short shorts and a skimpy top when it is hot, especially if I am out walking. I'll even run to the groc store in them. Don't much care what others think, it's what I think.
 tornado1
Msg: 21 (view)

Dating much more pragmatic as we age
Posted: 6/15/2009 10:08:39 AM

Nope. I was *most* pragmatic in my twenties: I was looking for the father of my children -- he had to be steady, reliable, trustworthy, nice. He was.

Yep, that was my criteria when I was young too! We were married for 27 years and have been divorced for 8 years now.......he is still my best friend (he is a wonderful dad and friend, but unfortunately was a lousy husband). I don't think pragmatic and picky are the same things at all. When I was young, I dated many men, just for the sheer fun of it, but I knew these guys weren't the marrying type and when I met my ex, I knew he was the one! Now, I am more picky about who I choose to spend my time with, mainly because my criteria have changed. These days, I find dating more of a chore, than fun. I look for a man who rocks my boat, who has interests in common, but if I don't find him, I am content to be by myself. I have learnt the value of female friendships and family. My life is full with my job and my activities.
 tornado1
Msg: 14 (view)

Room mates 45 and over, Does it effect dating?
Posted: 6/11/2009 7:38:47 AM
I'm with Ismeme ^^^^^ on this one! Live in this situation, not a chance......I'd rather live in a small home or condo/townhouse, than have to share with anyone.
 tornado1
Msg: 5 (view)

Life Long Dream
Posted: 6/7/2009 10:30:43 PM
Halokitty, maybe it is something to do with your age. My son is the same age as you. We have always been extremely close and I thought I knew him so well. I was having lunch with him just last week and he started talking about his dream of living on a small farm and being self-sufficient. Totally surprised me!

As for me, I've always wished I had had the opportunity to go to college, cause I never even finished highschool. When I was a kid, I wanted to be a pediatrician and when I went back to school in my late forties, I would have gone for my RN if I had had the time and money to go to school for 4 years, but I didn't, so I settled for being a Unit Clerk in the ER.
 tornado1
Msg: 34 (view)

to my fellow riders
Posted: 6/6/2009 6:20:36 AM
Bonnie, I was one of those, who took the lessons with the other POF fishies. Wish I could tell you that it will relieve your fears, but I can't. I still worry every time my son goes out on the bike (in spite of his training), but I have to believe he will be ok or I would drive myself nuts. Couple things I'd like to mention.......my son had already been driving a car for 2 years on a daily basis and was a good driver, before he even took his lessons and started riding, so he was well familiar with the crazies on the road. The other thing, I bought and paid for his bike, so I got to choose the bike he rode and I can assure you, he didn't get the sport bike he wanted (there're just too much power for a new rider). I got him an old Silverwing 500cc. At first, he was just happy to have something to ride, but still kept talking about the sport bike he wanted. 2 1/2 years later, he has finally learned to appreciate his bike. Course it helps, that his g/f told him she would not ride on the back of a sport bike, but does ride on the back of the cruiser......lol.
 tornado1
Msg: 15 (view)

Gift Registries
Posted: 6/5/2009 10:03:24 PM
Geez.......I don't think I have ever bought a gift for someone getting married, let alone used a gift registry. In my immediate family, I gave money as did my ex-husband's family (he is Polish and apparently that was traditional for them). I moved away from my home province fairly young, so only ever went to one friend's wedding and that was so long ago, I don't remember what I gave her.
 tornado1
Msg: 8 (view)

What lengths would you go to for a relationship?
Posted: 6/4/2009 10:00:43 PM
I think it is easier to pull up stakes, when you are you are younger. In my late twenties, I moved from Montreal to BC with my husband, leaving behind my family and friends. Today, I don't even like driving over the bridge.......lol. I might consider moving a few hours drive away, if I felt strongly enough about someone to want to marry them, but mostly I avoid long distance relationships. I have a son here, who I am still extremely close to, even though he is now an adult. I own a home and have a secure job, so a move at this stage of my life is highly unlikely.
 tornado1
Msg: 29 (view)

to my fellow riders
Posted: 6/4/2009 9:50:16 PM
^^^^^^Send her for lessons. That's what I did, when my son wanted to ride. It was worth every penny........they taught him well. He's become a good defensive rider and always wears his gear.
 tornado1
Msg: 36 (view)

Risky behavior at 45+
Posted: 6/1/2009 10:28:00 AM
I've never been a risk taker, in fact I've always lived my life in a safe secure bubble, but somewhere about the time I decided to end my long-term marriage, I realized that I needed to start living or I was gonna end up a little old lady with nothing but regrets. That meant coming out of my comfort zone and facing my fears. I've done so many things in the last few years that I never would have had the courage to try when I was younger. Went back and completed highschool in my forties, took all kinds of dance lessons (including hip hop and lap dancing.....lol), took a couple years of karate (until I broke a bone, which took forever to heal), went snorkeling and loved it (in spite of a life-long fear of water), took rollerblading lessons, started going to the gym and weight training. Right now, I am working on getting my motorcycle license......this has been my biggest challenge to date, but I'm not giving up. Oddly enough, the one area where I have been a risk taker, is in matters of the heart.
 tornado1

What do you like most about being single ?
Posted: 6/1/2009 7:39:11 AM
Coming out of a long-term marriage several years ago, I hated being alone, but it's interesting that the longer I stay single, the more I enjoy it. I've become more independent and learned to like my own company. I can do what I want when I want. I can decorate how I want, eat when and what I want. I don't have to compromise for anyone, which is not to say I wouldn't if I met a special someone, but I can now see the positives to both sides. I've got good friends and family who care about me, so I am rarely lonely.
 tornado1
Msg: 6 (view)

Have you ever gotten something you really wanted?
Posted: 5/17/2009 7:44:23 PM
By having him go ahead and really prove the value of one item over another he will learn more about it and be better ready to use the machine, and less likely to regret the choice (whichever way he chooses).

Mungo Zen makes some good points. I had this same dilemma with my son a few years ago........we had already decided he needed a new computer. He wanted a Mac and convinced his dad and I why that was a better choice for him, so a Mac is what he got and he's still happy with it.

Personally, I've never felt a strong need for material things (unless there is sentimental value to it) and have always loved shopping second-hand. I broke that rule just last week, when I bought myself a brand new bike......never done anything like that in my life. Once I got pass the guilt, I was as excited as a kid on Christmas morn.
 tornado1
Msg: 20 (view)

Age 55+ communities question
Posted: 5/12/2009 12:11:02 PM
I think it depends on the person. My mom lived in one of those high rise low-cost seniors buildings a few years ago and she absolutely hated it......she now lives in a house in the suburbs with her b/f. Guess I take after Mom! When I was looking to buy a townhouse 4 years ago at the age of 51, I purposely chose one that was family oriented. Why would I want to segregate myself like that. I love hearing children playing outside in the summertime. Besides where would I park my motorcycle.....lol. I think if you have a full life and friends, living in your own place, (whatever you choose that to be), there's no reason to change your lifestyle, because you are suddenly of a certain age, but that's me!
 tornado1
Msg: 4 (view)

Do YOU have spring fever yet?
Posted: 4/28/2009 9:00:24 PM
Yep, it finally hit today, when I got to lay out in the sun topless!
 tornado1
Msg: 41 (view)

Are his/her music tastes important to you?
Posted: 4/23/2009 9:46:37 PM
It could be a deal breaker for me, if he didn't like music and yes, such men exist. I love music and most of the time have the radio on all day, tuned to a country station. But having said that, I'm pretty flexible.......when I'm with my son, I'm quite happy to listen to punk/hiphop and with friends I will change the station to older rock or whatever they are in to. And when a fav song comes on, I still jack up the volume!
 tornado1

Girls Looking for the Nice Guy Ya Right!!!!
Posted: 4/8/2009 9:56:32 PM
^^^^^^^Dakota, there's a time and a place for everything and a meet & greet is not it! Lightstorm has it right.
 tornado1
Msg: 18 (view)

Has anyone read Act like a lady, think like a man
Posted: 4/5/2009 9:07:27 AM

I also think "Why does anyone read anything Oprah promotes?"

Curiosity, I wanted to see what all the hoopla was about.......then form my own opinion!

tornado1
Msg: 64 (view)

Screening New Contacts
Posted: 4/3/2009 8:06:28 AM

Then 2 days later he sent me a PM sayign my profile was cute did I wish to meet?

Why not just block him, so you don't get any more unwanted emails? I realize that you are concerned about others, but you have reported him.......that is all you can do for them.
 tornado1
Msg: 31 (view)

Screening New Contacts
Posted: 3/30/2009 7:57:23 AM

If the gal is someone he REALLY wants for a girlfriend ....... there will be no guessing about it. There will be no fwb attempts.

It is THAT SIMPLE.

I have to agree with Ron! I prefer to meet pretty quickly.......I think you can tell much more about them in person.

I don't do IM's, because I find many guys in my age range are one-finger typists, so it drives me nuts and is not really fair to them either.

I never meet without seeing a pic first. As for lies, these can sometimes take more time to flush out. The height one is obvious, but age may not be. I've had two guys lie to me about their age......both took about a month of dating for me to realize they had fudged their ages by about 5 years. In the first case, (several years ago, early on in my dating) I dumped him immediately. But you know what, I cut the second guy some slack and continued dating him, because even though I didn't agree with what he did, I understood why he did it.
 tornado1
Msg: 29 (view)

Screening New Contacts
Posted: 3/30/2009 7:56:24 AM

If the gal is someone he REALLY wants for a girlfriend ....... there will be no guessing about it. There will be no fwb attempts.

It is THAT SIMPLE.

I have to agree with Ron! I prefer to meet pretty quickly.......I think you can tell much more about them in person.

I don't do IM's, because I find many guys in my age range are one-finger typists, so it drives me nuts and is not really fair to them either.

I never meet without seeing a pic first. As for lies, these can sometimes take more time to flush out. The height one is obvious, but age may not be. I've had two guys lie to me about their age......both took about a month of dating for me to realize they had fudged their ages by about 5 years. In the first case, (several years ago, early on in my dating) I dumped him immediately. But you know what, I cut the second guy some slack and continued dating him, because even though I didn't agree with what he did, I understood why he did it.
 tornado1

Do you see the signs???
Posted: 3/29/2009 7:30:35 AM
My spring allergies kicked in big time last Sunday! It's two weeks later this year, than in the last couple years, but it has arrived.
 tornado1
Msg: 16 (view)

Posted: 3/26/2009 6:51:40 PM
^^^^^^^^Ahhh......this book is not about relationships.......this book is about finding one, which I still believe is Step 1

But for the record, I agree with you!
 tornado1
Msg: 23 (view)

Killing the Butterfly...
Posted: 3/26/2009 4:06:50 PM

I don't have a set criteria I'm looking for.

Neither do I, because you never know where you are going to find love. Even though, I might have questions I would like answered, I try never to go into a date, with a set agenda. For me, each date is different and new, because while I am a common factor in all of them, the other person isn't and I respond to different people differently. But hopefully within a few dates, I will have some answers, however differently I may have arrived at them, because I don't see the point in wasting more time together otherwise. Lest that makes me sound like a biatch, let me give you an example.......I could be very attracted to someone, but notice he drinks far more than I am comfortable with, am I gonna keep on dating him......not a chance! Would I have when I was younger, yes! It is about using our life experience and making wiser choices.
 tornado1

Killing the Butterfly...
Posted: 3/26/2009 9:52:58 AM
I too, hate the interrogation technique, but I don't know what the solution is. I often bring it up and try to make a joke of it, so I can get a few answers without it seeming like an interview and balance it with some fun/laughter.

No matter how much we wish things were the same as when we were younger, they aren't! First of all, we are older and therefore (hopefully) wiser about ourselves and what we are looking for. But also, I remember when I was young and hanging out with friends, everyone was single, so we were all starting with a clear slate. True, not everyone was necessarily on the same page.......we usually found this out the hard way. At 21, I met my husband at the office where I worked.......today I come in contact with far more men than I did then (at work), but they are all married. So, we go on dating websites to find other singles, but the problem is that, this medium has the potential for alot of abuse. That's why I think the events are a good way to meet.......takes us back to a more natural state like when we were young. Also too, when we were young, we had our whole lives ahead of us, so we might not have been in such a rush, which reminds me of my last point. Not all of us have had, only bad relationships in the past and though we can live quite happily on our own, that is not point.......we now know what we are missing, (young people don't), so perhaps we try too hard to find a relationship, so we can recapture those good moments.
 tornado1

Concerning makin love..
Posted: 3/25/2009 6:18:45 PM
I'm pretty much as open-minded as I was, when I was younger........I'm just more discriminating now!
 tornado1

Do you find yourself clicking on the Gold dots first?
Posted: 3/25/2009 11:28:22 AM
I did at first, mostly just out of curiosity, but now oddly enough, I avoid them. I don't think it necessarily makes them more serious, just more desperate! It's like their gold dots are screaming "look at me", "look at me"!

Just my humble opinion
 tornado1
Msg: 5 (view)

Where are 20 - 30 years old supposed to meet?
Posted: 3/25/2009 8:10:42 AM
In addition to the above, don't rule out hanging with guy buds. My son who is just a little younger than you, was finding it hard to meet girls, cause between work and school, he didn't have a whole lot of time left, but one of his buddys convinced him to take time out and dragged him to a party and lo and behold, he met his g/f there, a year and a half ago!
 tornado1
Msg: 31 (view)

Am I old fashion or are guys better looking in jeans and a tee?
Posted: 3/24/2009 10:19:38 PM

unfortunately they resemble my father when they show up with the dress pants and a button up shirt ...normally some sort of plaid or stripe....

Yep, gotta be jeans and bonus points if they have cowboy boots on! The top can be pretty much anything, except a golf t-shirt or short-sleeve sport shirt.

At home, love it when a man shows off his chest (assuming he has one worth showing) and wears nothing but jeans with bare feet........mmmm so sexy, but oddly enough pics like this on profiles, don't do much for me.
 tornado1
Msg: 22 (view)

What should a woman know how to do?
Posted: 3/24/2009 11:17:36 AM
Awww.........I like Guido's answer (makes me feel all mooshy inside......lol), but seriously, he brings up a good point. Do we really want men to be like us, or vice versa!
 tornado1
Msg: 9 (view)

Posted: 3/24/2009 7:52:17 AM

He's sharing secrets that some men have. He's basing his book on his discussions with his friends - a self-selected group of likemindeds. I'm sure he speaks for a segment of men, but I doubt it's all men.

Good points, thanks Merrylass! Like I said, I didn't see the shows. I totally forgot about John Gray and his books.......always found him too long-winded to wait for the bottomline. I guess what really threw me was, if I was to take the book as "gospel", I would start believing that my ex-husband actually loved me......lol.

Harvey doesn't actually say (in his book) that men prefer their women "submissive and compliant", (rather that we should have high standards and expectations), but yeah, I could see how it could be interpreted that way. For the record, I've always considered myself abit of a feminist, so maybe that is why I am having trouble with his advice.
 tornado1

Posted: 3/23/2009 10:04:37 PM
But the interesting thing is that, the book is written by a MAN, who is supposedly sharing secrets that men don't tell us!

P.S. I rarely watch Oprah either, even when I am home, but that is not the point.
 tornado1
Msg: 1 (view)

Has anyone read "Act like a lady, think like a man"
Posted: 3/23/2009 9:44:36 PM
I've just finished reading this book........apparently Oprah recently did two shows on it, but I missed both (some of us have to work......lol). I'm curious to know if anyone has seen the shows or read the book, what you thought of it. In principle, I agree with it, but my reality tells me something very different! Do you think it is more applicable to the younger crowd? I would like to think that age shouldn't matter, but I'm afraid if women followed the principles in this book, we would simply end up old and alone.

The premise of the book, as far as I can see, is old-fashioned. Yes, women should be respected, but the author also doesn't think we should make first contact, we shouldn't pay our way on dates and we should wait 3 months before having sex, plus alot of other stuff.
 tornado1
Msg: 24 (view)

How long would you wait to have sex?
Posted: 3/22/2009 7:40:02 AM

Maybe the reality is that there just are too many variables to have any kind of expectations on either side.

Yep, too many variables to put a number on it. It depends on the chemistry, the other person's wants and of course, what you are looking for. In the past, I have slept with a man on the first date (some went on to a second date, some didn't), but I find the older I get, the longer I am willing to wait. Not because I am not interested, but because I am looking for a relationship and I want to see if we have some compatibility in other areas and therefore the potential for a relationship, before I jump into bed. If I had to put a number on it I would say somewhere in the neighborhood of 4- 10 dates, but don't hold me to that. Bottomline, it will happen when the time is right!
 tornado1

Who prepares your income tax?
Posted: 3/21/2009 6:38:47 PM
My ex-husband does my taxes.......I wouldn't trust them to anyone else. He does small business accounting and tax preparing and his rates are the best!
 tornado1
Msg: 49 (view)

Menopause, dating younger
Posted: 3/20/2009 12:02:21 PM

Frankly, I think woman got the better deal. It better to not want something then to want something and not be able to get it any more.

Ahh, excuse me, who says we women don't want sex anymore. I left a 27 year marriage, because in good part, I decided I didn't want to die without ever having sex again! And trust me, there are many men, who can't or won't keep up with us. I hope and expect to be enjoying sex, as long as I am on this earth, but age appropriate please, who would want a 19 year old (even if they wanted us......lol). I almost get the feeling that you are looking for an excuse to cheat. The bottom line is that, this is a huge problem for you!
 tornado1

Menopause, dating younger
Posted: 3/20/2009 8:49:02 AM

If I did feels like sh** pretty much 24/7, I would research until I found a way to feel good 24/7. Healthy Food, getting rid of stress, and natural medicine mean for me that I never thought that menopause was anything but a good thing.

Yep and not all of us "suffer" through menopause. Personally, I breezed through it and love the freedom of not having to worry about getting pregnant or having my system thrown out of whack every month by hormones. I have g/f's who experienced the hot flashes, etc, but none of us have lost our sex drives (sure, we may need a little extra help in the lube dept, but the libido is still strong). We talk about menopause, research it, laugh about it. Menopause is not a disease, it is a natural part of aging.

To the OP, I am sorry for your g/f, but perhaps it is the cancer, not to mention, it's treatment that is causing so many problems for her, rather than menopause itself, (although being thrown into menopause by a hysterectomy is no doubt, tougher). She needs your support and a patient attitude!
 tornado1

Need some tips about how to make friends on POF
Posted: 3/19/2009 7:56:05 AM
In addition to the two answers above.......patience, it takes time. Some of us have been around the pond for awhile.
 tornado1
Msg: 49 (view)

So many Sourpusses!
Posted: 3/18/2009 9:49:24 AM
My smile is one of my greatest assets (plus I look downright miserable when I don't smile), but the interesting thing is that one of our own fishies here had taken a close up pic of me laughing last Halloween. I thought it was a great pic and had it up as my main pic for a short while and I actually got an email from an guy really being negative and shooting down the pic......he even went so far as to suggest which pic he felt would give me a better chance of meeting someone. Obviously, it wasn't him
 tornado1
Msg: 45 (view)

Why do YOU forum???
Posted: 3/18/2009 9:12:13 AM
Hmmm, thoughtful answer........never thought of writing as being similiar to dancing, but you may be right, they are both ways of expressing ourselves.

Show ALL Forums