Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Is Intelligence Captivating...............
 richard_corey
Msg: 267 (view)

Is Intelligence Captivating...............
Posted: 5/8/2008 7:38:28 PM
Intelligence is a curse.
 richard_corey
Msg: 60 (view)

Would you date someone on antidepressants?
Posted: 5/7/2008 3:26:14 PM

for every one person who takes them and does fine there is one prson somewhere else who took them and didnt do fine.

Ground breaking statistics you have here. Did you survey all of north america to come to this conclusion?
 richard_corey
Msg: 36 (view)

Posted: 5/7/2008 8:01:45 AM
Also, the only vibe I'm getting form you Ironman UK, is that you're a happy active healthy person yourself. Congratulations! This shouldn't come as a shock to a physical adonis such as yourself but people are different. What might be right for you, may not be right for some. You take the good, you take the bad, you take them both and there you have. My opening statement. Sit ubu sit, good dog.
 richard_corey
Msg: 35 (view)

Posted: 5/7/2008 7:57:22 AM
yeah, when I was bottoming out before I took medication I had been getting between 1-2 hours of cardio a day, plus the gym every other day. Endorphins are all it is that make you feel better, and it's short term, exercise isn't the be all and end all of health. Physical and mental health are completely different. To take it a step further when all the exercise wasn't helping me feel better I started Yoga, and daily mediation. Trust me on this. You are wrong.
 richard_corey
Msg: 34 (view)

Posted: 5/7/2008 7:36:27 AM
>

Wow, and I thought people on here were intelligent.

He without sin cast the first stone.

Have you heard of a brain synapse at all? Or are you too busy following your own mental health advice you feel qualified to dish out to people with real problems?
 richard_corey
Msg: 33 (view)

Posted: 5/7/2008 7:28:12 AM
Being Bi polar myself, I'd like to say anyone who says they wouldn't date a man on/with anti dep/chemical imbalance are bigots. There is no other way around it. The only justice for a mind set like that is your future children, or yourself develops a mental disorder so you can understand it and realize that there are varying degrees of imbalance. Mine is a low degree, I can function very well in society, make great money, and I'm extremely creative and intelligent. Oh, but I'm on mood levelers so you'd better avoid me at all costs. You're a moron and I put you on the same level as racists, do you see why?
 richard_corey
Msg: 529 (view)

Why Do women dump men who are nice to them.
Posted: 5/6/2008 1:02:51 PM
It's simple.

We're all so superficial that nice almost always = doormat (even though it isn't always the case)

Unfortunately, a doormat for a boyfriend by their side won't make their fellow girlfriends jealous like an all about being the alpha male douche bag will. This causes the girl to question her nice guy sitting over there in a crisp sweater vest.

Hence, to play it safe she will drop the nice guy before it gets too serious unless he's shown any signs that he can be a dominant alpha male.

Then, since they're tired of doormats the girl will head in the opposite direction for a boyfriend who will make her friends jealous so she can feel good about herself. short term fun alpha male, long term terrible abusive relationship. Seriously, I've had a lot of girls tell me they like ***holes, as long as they aren't an ass to her. Every time I've said the same thing, when he's bored with you he won't watch himself and you will be a target, then you're just another unhappy couple. But no, girls tend to think they can change him down the road like a fairy tale.

It all comes down to the nice guys are short term rocky starts in a relationship and need a little help finding their edge. It takes work, but once they do those are the happy relationships that last. Unfortunately every girl I've met under the age of 30 is afraid of work in general and would like an easy life, they prefer to be lead around by an alpha dog who doesn't respect them, but feeds them a bone/compliment/romantic gesture here and there so they feel special. Then she tells her friends and they go OOOOO he's so tough on the outside I can't believe he's nice to you we're so jealous. lol. Keep it up ladies. ya make me laugh but I still love you.
 Richard_Corey
Msg: 29 (view)

Would you stand a better chance IN-Person than on here?
Posted: 4/12/2008 5:11:26 PM
I'm just as awkward on the internet as I am in real life.

Show ALL Forums