Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Name the number one thing keeping you single..
 Sweet Euphoria
Msg: 242 (view)

Name the number one thing keeping you single..
Posted: 8/10/2012 6:38:23 PM
You tell me? Internet dating is exasperating! When I do make the first move, I don't ever get a response. Why is that? I know my place, I don't suffer under this great delusion that Mr. Six Pack is Mr. Right. I'd rather a soft belly over rock hard abs...lol I see these men I think are interesting, and granted, they believe they have "average" body types (now who's delusional??)....and me? I'm honest! But I think that honesty has kept the men away. These men who are probably of the same body type as myself, are not interested in a plus sized beauty such as myself. Why is that? If a woman can look past YOUR extra weight, why can't you? Yes I know, you've all heard the same complaints ...I've heard them too. I've been one of those that have always said to be patient and stop complaining. But really??? After all these years........I'm complaining!!!..lol Reality check people! The internet doesn't make you more, or less desirable.

End of Rant.
 Sweet Euphoria
Msg: 5 (view)

Kitchener - POF Event - Stampede Corral - May 25, 2012
Posted: 5/4/2012 2:39:16 PM
Ugh....Why always country?...lol The only time I could tolerate the Trampede is when I smoked and I hid out in the smoking area...lol

I am hoping someday there will be another venue chosen.
 Sweet Euphoria
Msg: 9 (view)

Same people look but don`t say anything??
Posted: 8/6/2011 12:54:15 PM
I guess we have a bunch of people on this website that don't bother to read. When you look at the Who Viewed Me section, it tells you right at the top that the first line are people who have viewed you before that are on line now. It's not that they keep viewing you. All that has to happen is they viewed you once. The next time they are on line, and thereafter, they will show up on that first line. I'm sorry to burst everyone's bubble..lol
 Sweet Euphoria
Msg: 5 (view)

Would you go out with or get involved with someone who is only separated?
Posted: 7/12/2011 6:18:31 PM
If I ended up going back to my ex after being separated for 12 years, then I need my head examined..lol

No divorce for all the reasons Jack stated. At this point, my boys are now old enough for it not to matter if I take back my maiden name. You don't need to be divorced to do that, and you don't have to change your name back once you do get a divorce. I suppose it's personal preference.

For my own reasons, I've left the filing for divorce up to my ex as I believe he should be responsible for doing so, given the nature of our break up. He hasn't been too eager to get it legalized, even though he's been living with someone the whole 12 years. I suppose it will become a necessity like his girlfriend's divorce if I wanted to get married, like her ex did...lol Maybe someday that might happen. Who knows!

As other posters have stated, I am cautious when it comes to dating someone that has been recently separated. I've made that mistake before. I think it takes time to get your head together, even if you've checked out of the marriage prior to leaving. I took a good year before I considered dating...another year to find a date...haha
 Sweet Euphoria
Msg: 10 (view)

Where to go when POF doesn't work?
Posted: 7/7/2011 3:35:28 PM
^^^
I meant you are NOT wasting your time with some crazy nut job..lol
 Sweet Euphoria
Msg: 9 (view)

Where to go when POF doesn't work?
Posted: 7/7/2011 3:33:21 PM
Why do people always have to complain about internet dating being against them? It's a free site, what do you expect? The average woman does NOT get deluged with emails. I can count on one hand how many men have showed me any attention since January. AND...the attention I get are from idiots that don't bother to read my profile and think I want to just mess around...lol

This site works, maybe not for everyone, and maybe it won't for me, but I know it works. My best friend found her husband on this very site. I know a few couples it has worked for. I've been off and on this site for a few years, and I'm still single. I don't think I'm a bad catch either. It's just the luck of the draw...and patience.

I think it's a bunch of BS that there are more men than women on dating sites. It's just people looking for excuses why they haven't found Mr. or Mrs. Right yet. Try thinking about it this way - at least you are wasting your time with some crazy nut job right now and missing an opportunity with a great person. Once day, you'll find someone. It might not be on line, but it doesn't hurt trying!
 Sweet Euphoria
Msg: 11 (view)

The number of people who can't seem to find someone...
Posted: 1/9/2011 11:12:41 AM
I've been off and on this site between dating. I've been single almost 3 years now and have had as many dates in those 3 years. I'm at the point where I believe that if I ever find a man that will love me and I love back, then so be it. At this point in my life, I don't know if it will ever happen. I use to believe it was because I smoked and all the great guys didn't. Well, I've been smoke free for a year and a half. I think I'm a pretty good catch so I hate to say it.....I'm beginning to believe that 90% of men are really hung up on the size of a woman. I know some wonderful men that don't care but, they're not single...lmao I'm at the point of giving up, closing my account until I lose the weight and then.............I'M coming back and I'M going to be the one to be picky over looks. We'll see. I'm not sure I can be that shallow.
 Sweet Euphoria
Msg: 13 (view)

Meet and Greets for ages 20 to 30 in london
Posted: 12/10/2009 3:47:05 PM
It's not the site's failure...it's the failure of your age group to take the initiative or have the creativity to attract your age group to a get together. This site does not host or prepare anything for get togethers. It is up to volunteers to start something up. It is obvious the over 30 age bracket has more get up and go then the younger crowd if your complaint is that all the get togethers are geared to that age group. If you look at the rules, you will notice that these events are never geared to any age group. It just so happens that the over 30 crowd are the ones that show up!
 Sweet Euphoria
Msg: 6 (view)

POF get together Toronto...was it good, average or poor!!
Posted: 12/7/2009 4:20:41 AM
I don't think you really read everyone's posts. Get togethers on PoF are not run by the website....they are started by volunteers and run by volunteers. The website has certain rules for these volunteers to follow but Marcus has nothing to do with these events. Like other posters pointed out, if you want a better event, you'll need to run it yourself. Just a thought.
 Sweet Euphoria
Msg: 4 (view)

Oktoberfest 2009 in Kitchener....
Posted: 10/16/2009 3:24:21 PM
I was born and raised in Kitchener and am German. IF you want to go to one of the Fest Halls, you need to plan WELL in advance. The best place is the Concordia Club and you MUST order your tickets in April. You can certainly find over priced tickets after April or, you can go to the scummier celebrations that will let anyone in...lol. If you want to really experience a true Oktoberfest, you should hit one of the German Clubs and that takes planning. Tomorrow it's all over for the year anyways.
 Sweet Euphoria

any1 ever bring up the subject of cigarette addiction? if so, was it a fruitful discussion?
Posted: 10/6/2009 3:53:24 PM
She's only 18, what do you expect from a teenager?..lol

As a 42 year old woman who has smoked for the better part of my adult life and has quit, I can only say that I don't think I could date a smoker ever again. The smell is repulsive to me now and I'm sure tasting it on the lips of someone I love, no matter how much he brushed, well....it would turn my stomach. I apologize every day to people around me for having smelled like smoke no matter how I tried to disguise it. UGH!
 Sweet Euphoria
Msg: 83 (view)

why do peaple have to be rude about people being over weight or there looks
Posted: 10/4/2009 6:20:39 AM
Weight CAN be lost, and I constantly work on it. Ugliness (inside and out) can't.

You missed the part above in my post where it says I'm working on it..didn't you Swampy?..lol

When someone quotes a percentage, as I did, it's not based on scientific fact. It's based on life experience of that one individual. I probably should have said "in my experience, the majority of men......." . As I made clear, I know there are men that see women for who they are on the inside. My best friend's soon to be husband (whom she met on here) is that kind of man. Wish I could clone him!...lol

Yes I do know and understand there are plenty of women on here that are shallow too. Like I said, it was MY rant for the day, which opened it up for your rant. Feel better? I do...now I can move on! Can you?
 Sweet Euphoria
Msg: 81 (view)

why do peaple have to be rude about people being over weight or there looks
Posted: 10/3/2009 2:22:07 PM
I have come to the conclusion that 90% of men can NOT get past the weight. You can be pretty, highly intelligent, funny...the nicest person you ever want to meet but, if you aren't a size 10 or under, you aren't worth the time of day. I have kept the faith for a very long long time that there is a man out there that will look past the extra pounds and see me for the beautiful woman I am...both on the inside and the outside. I know there are a few good men out there that would, I just don't seem to find them or attract them. I find soooooooo many men on here that I am compatible with on so many levels. I've tried emailing them but to no avail. I bet if I were 3 sizes smaller, they would be very interested.

Weight CAN be lost, and I constantly work on it. Ugliness (inside and out) can't.

That's just my rant today. I've taken some advice and have made the first move for a change. Nothing but rejection. I guess I'll go back to not bothering anymore. Rejection is really hard on one's self confidence!
 Sweet Euphoria
Msg: 168 (view)

Is There Any Serious People Out Here Looking To Find Mr./Mrs.Right???...Honestly!!!!!
Posted: 9/5/2009 3:07:08 PM
It does get discouraging when you run across many men/women that just aren't ready for that next step and you've been ready for quite some time. I will never give up hope that he's out there for me. I could just as easily say that this internet dating doesn't work, but I know that it does. I know several people who have met their significant others on line. A few of them have met on this very site. In fact, my best friend is marrying the love of her life this October and they met a couple years ago on PoF. It CAN work, it just takes time and patience. I have days where I believe I'm meant to be alone for the rest of my life. It's good to have a best friend that smacks you across the head and brings you back to reality...lol. It happened for her, it will some day happen for me.
 Sweet Euphoria

Fairy tales dont always have a happy ending do they?
Posted: 8/9/2009 7:00:11 PM
Has anyone noticed that this thread was over 2 years old?...lol I'm sure she's moved on or found someone. She/he is not even a member anymore.
 Sweet Euphoria
Msg: 49 (view)

Lavalife.
Posted: 8/1/2009 8:22:20 PM
Have you noticed the pay sites have the same people as this free site? So why pay? As for the comment about some of us that have been on this site for a few years....has it occurred to you that MAYBE, we've had relationships in those years, didn't bother coming on to PoF while in the relationship and for whatever reason, the relationship didn't work...we returned to our old profiles? Just a thought. *grins*
 Sweet Euphoria
Msg: 14 (view)

Single Mothers and how we are preceived on this site
Posted: 7/8/2009 3:11:10 PM
The older you get, the harder it is for those singles looking for a man/woman that does not have children. I can see how those between the ages of 18 to 30 might not want to get involved with a single parent and it might be easier for them to find what they're looking for.

Those of you over 30 looking for someone without kids may have a harder time. Especially once you hit your 40's. Just be prepared that it's going to take you a much longer time to find your match.

I truly believe that one of the reasons I haven't had much success in the last few years is because I am a single mother. Maybe I'll have better luck since they're nearing the age they will leave the nest..lol
 Sweet Euphoria
Msg: 18 (view)

Married
Posted: 7/1/2009 10:24:58 AM
Give me a break. You are doing more damage raising those kids with an alcoholic man that can't take care of himself and you being miserable then separating. What an excuse. Get him into treatment and get your act together. You are enabling your husband to be sick. Your kids being upset you have split up will not compare to the lasting damage you are doing to them now. If you want some attention, get your husband the help he needs and maybe he'd be there for you or.......get the heck out of your marriage. You can tell me to shut up if you want because I don't know what I'm talking about but maybe in 10 years from now or less, you'll see the damage this has caused your children. I think more people know exactly how you feel then you even realize. They were just smart enough to do something about it before more damage was done. What are you teaching your children?
 Sweet Euphoria
Msg: 48 (view)

POF should create a spot for description of preferred body-type/look
Posted: 6/2/2009 4:11:17 AM
Personally, I wouldn't be upset at all if we had the choice to list what type of person we are looking for. I'm a big girl and would not take offense to a man listing he only wants thin, athletic women. Why waste time worrying about other people's preference and if they are going to over look a really great person because of weight, or height...etc.? That's their choice and I believe there is always someone out there for everyone. I have my own preferences and with time, I've made concessions after meeting men that maybe didn't fit the criteria I had first imposed on my search. It's just a part of life and if people want to narrow their search to a specific type of person, it may take them longer to find someone that fits it, but it's their choice to do so.
 Sweet Euphoria
Msg: 17 (view)

Anyone go on to rate pictures/new images?
Posted: 5/30/2009 6:14:31 AM
Well if this old fat chick has looked at your profile, I apologize for creeping you out. Could be that I was curious about a poster in the Forums and how he tries to make himself appear to be a kind person in his profile. I think that's out the window now.
 Sweet Euphoria
Msg: 2 (view)

Who are your bringing to the next relationship?
Posted: 5/24/2009 8:48:39 AM
Thank you for the Coles Notes version of Eckhart Tolle's books. You just reminded me I need to finish the last one. You must have just finished one of his wonderful books to have such enthusiasm to post this.
 Sweet Euphoria
Msg: 20 (view)

How much does the type of job matter?
Posted: 5/6/2009 3:38:21 AM
Why is it that a negative conclusion is drawn when one asks "so what do you do for a living"? Maybe they are interested in knowing what you do with your day. Maybe it gives the person insight into what kind of person they are. Maybe it's to spark an interesting conversation. It is not always asked to find out what kind of money they bring to the table!

I admit I always ask that question. NOT because I want to know how much money the man makes but, because I am truly interested in getting to know someone better and my questions don't stop at what is your job but also "tell me about your job".

This is not just a question strictly that women ask either. EVERY man I've ever met or dated ask me what I do for a living too! Let's not just stop there. I get asked that question by women too that I meet and, I've asked women about their jobs too.

Why can't you just take the question for what it is? Curiosity and a conversation starter?

Now.......back to the original question! In my case, as long as the man can take care of himself, his bills and his children (should he have any) then that's fine with me. The only thing when looking for long term down the road is that I prefer a man that works a schedule that doesn't conflict with mine.
 Sweet Euphoria

Need advice if relocating would be benificial
Posted: 4/29/2009 3:21:04 PM
Living in Waterloo and working for a large company in Kitchener, I can tell you that I wouldn't risk the move unless you are guaranteed a job. Every company has hiring freezes right now during this tough economic recession (except for RIM ). Living expenses are higher here than Owen Sound. If you do decide to move, I can only give you my opinion. I love living here and have for most of my life. Just make sure you have all your ducks in a row. I'm not sure it's going to be any easier finding someone here than it is in Owen Sound. Speaking only from my experience, I don't get much interest either and KW and area is a bigger pond....lol There is however a large contingent of the area PoF'ers that do have get togethers frequently that may boost your social life. Many coffee meets and once a month I believe, they meet at a local Timmies and spend the rest of the evening at a single's dance in Kitchener. It might be something you are looking for.
 Sweet Euphoria
Msg: 12 (view)

I'm sure it's been discissed to death.. but I am new.. Fav's??
Posted: 4/15/2009 3:42:36 PM
We can only guess why people add others to their favourites. No one really knows what these people are thinking. Some do it because they might want to contact you however, your restrictions don't allow them to email you, so they're hoping you might contact them. Others think that if they have a lot of favourites, they may look more desirable to the opposite sex, therefore they hope you reciprocate and add them to your favourites.

Myself, I stay clear of men with too many favourites. This is not a popularity contest for me. Who knows why people do the things they do. I wouldn't feel bad at all deleting someone that has added me. I will check out their profile and if I don't feel any interest in that person, for what ever reason, I will delete them. If they are interested in me, they can email me. If they are restricted from messaging me, then there is a reason for that.

Fortunately, or unfortunately depending how you look at it, I don't seem to draw much interest from men. I will check out who'sviewed my profile and will view them but, that seems to be the extent of it for me on this dating site. I've grown weary of always being the one taking the first step, so I don't anymore. I guess I'm just too scary for most men...haha!
 Sweet Euphoria

Dating A Separated Woman
Posted: 4/8/2009 3:40:46 PM
Like a few of these posters...I agree, it depends on each individual. I myself have been separated for 10 years, and have been chastised for it, and others don't care. Yes, I will be divorcing in the next couple of years, but at this point, something ALWAYS comes up when I'm saving up for filing. There is no way that my ex and I will ever get back together, he's with the woman he left our family for still to this day and I'm ok with that. For the most part, the last few years we get along, since there are kids involved, you have to get along at some level.

I've had relationships within the 10 years of being separated, but waited about a year before I decided to start dating, and it took a couple of years before I even entered into another relationship. Again, it all depends on the individual.

I have been on the other side of dating separated men and have come to the conclusion that unless it's been a couple years since the separation, I don't even entertain the idea of dating him, let alone get into a relationship with him.

I don't think anyone should pass over every separated person out there. There are circumstances and, no matter how much anyone believes people can scrape up the money for a divorce....unless you've walked in that person's shoes, or live the same life they do, you can't say that with 100% certainty can you? It's not that easy for a single parent to save up for a divorce. Besides, it's not like you are going to enter into a marriage with someone within a few months, at least not if you're sane...lol.
 Sweet Euphoria

Living in Kitchener...where did all the rockers go? Too much rap!
Posted: 3/24/2009 3:36:42 AM
Just a small note for Firmbear....gay men love House Music, not rap...lol

As for rock in KW, it's hard to find. I wish there was more live music. I will say though, you can find some good live music at the Circus Room. They cater mainly to Indie Rock bands but an old school friend of mine was playing there last Friday and they rock pretty hard.

I like some of the old stuff but even at my age, I prefer some of the new stuff. My favourite music was probably during the 90's. I was a total 80's girl (punk and new wave as a teen) however, I think I was born 10 years too soon because I loved Grunge!
 Sweet Euphoria

unsure where to post this
Posted: 2/25/2009 4:09:57 AM
Right or wrong, that's a personal choice. My personal choice, and many other's, is to get out of the relationship you are in before seeking a new one. But that's my opinion.

I'm just saying, some may think someone looking for something on the side, no matter how miserable your current relationship is, could view that as a player.

This subject has been done to death in the Forums so no need to debate it. That's your choice and I'm sure there are plenty of men out there looking for an attached woman to play with. Just a word to the wise, if you are looking for anything long lasting, I don't think you're going to find it while you are still in a relationship. If it's a temporary fix to what is lacking in your life at the moment, I'm sure you'll find plenty of takers and they won't care if you have been labeled a player or not.

This man has accomplished what he set out to do. No one has labeled you as a player, except yourself by this posting.
 Sweet Euphoria

unsure where to post this
Posted: 2/21/2009 5:44:20 AM
I agree with Leanne...you've now drawn attention to yourself in a negative way. Maybe that's what you want since curiosity got the better of me and I took a peak at your profile, like others will, and noticed you state your marital status as living together yet, you're looking for romance? Isn't that a player? You're in a relationship looking for something on the side. Why are you so upset? Interesting.
 Sweet Euphoria
Msg: 45 (view)

Obama warms up the Capital
Posted: 2/19/2009 7:43:43 PM
Are you for real SBNT? ALL those articles are from ONE website. It's pretty obvious that the website you are posting is slanted to one position - to slander Obama. Maybe YOU should do a little more research yourself instead of only researching one biased website that picks and chooses negative articles.

Next you'll be telling us all the stories in rags like The Enquirer or The Star are based on facts and not the fictitious bull crap written to entertain mindless readers.
 Sweet Euphoria

is ontario's economic downturn effecting dating
Posted: 2/7/2009 1:17:13 PM
Anyone following the forums wouldn't take ANYTHING Sherry says as the Gospel. Afterall, she thinks kids are baggage, so it stands to reason she wouldn't want anything to do with a man that recently lost his job due to economic circumstance.

The only time unemployment to me is a turnoff is when a man is too lazy to find work or he is on disability for depression problems yet, says he has it under control. If it's under control...you can hold a job in MHO.
 Sweet Euphoria
Msg: 23 (view)

Which One Of Us Is Right?
Posted: 2/2/2009 4:13:20 PM
We see this time and time again. A person's self esteem is so shattered he/she will allow someone to treat them like dirt and are willing to accept any kind of affection in order to feel valid. They are willing to believe anything the other person says because they are so desperate for love. Take heed of all the advice given here. Drop kick that S.O.B. past the curb and onto the street and take some inventory of yourself. You need to love yourself before anyone is going to love you. Cliché, I know but true!
 Sweet Euphoria

Where do you draw the line when it comes to baggage?
Posted: 1/28/2009 4:26:08 AM
If one has had a good relationship with the in-laws, you can not expect that person to cut them out of their lives just because the marriage didn't work out. I for one was told by my in-laws that they will always consider me their daughter in law, no matter who their son was with. When my ex left me for my best friend, they were not too pleased.

For the first year, I was the one to bring the kids to the Holiday celebrations and visit them because he felt too ashamed to visit them. His shame turned to anger and he had expressed to his parents he felt like they loved me more than him. So regretfully, I stopped visiting and left the visits with the children to him. It took him a long time before he finally began seeing his parents again. For that period of time, my children did not get to see their grandparents.

I still consider them my second set of parents, even though I don't see them very often. They still call me once in a while and I them. It's been almost 10 years, the ex is still with his girlfriend....and our Wedding picture is still up on the in-law's wall. I regret that I haven't stayed close to them because they are wonderful people and just because their son became a jerk (he was raised differently - to be a good man), it's not their fault.

Reading this post has me thinking it's time to reach out a little more to them. They aren't getting any younger and are in poor health. I miss them dearly.
 Sweet Euphoria
Msg: 126 (view)

Nylons.......Stay Ups or Garter Belts?
Posted: 1/25/2009 7:09:06 PM
I prefer none of the above. I guess I'm a free spirit..lol. Besides, any fashionista should know, nylons are a fashion faux pas now a days.
 Sweet Euphoria
Msg: 46 (view)

Away from here for a year and I see the same women-why?
Posted: 1/20/2009 2:58:22 PM
Foz is just a fake profile trying to stir the pot in the Forums. Did you see his other post? As if anyone would actually do that...lmao. I hope no one responds to such a piece of fiction...Just like his sex life on PoF.
 Sweet Euphoria
Msg: 135 (view)

Is There Any Serious People Out Here Looking To Find Mr./Mrs.Right???...Honestly!!!!!
Posted: 1/17/2009 8:29:00 PM
I just received a couple disturbing emails (uninvited) by a local man that made me think of this thread. As I always do, I read the sender's profile first before reading the email. I like to get a sense of the person behind the conversation, should one begin. I was taken aback by what I read. Nothing about him, just endless drivel about how women and men are full of crap in their profiles, and endless disrespect towards women.

So, I go ahead and read the email, an opinion already formed in my mind. The first email was very confusing. So, I respond respectfully, asking why he had emailed me as I was unsure what he was looking for. His response........ To sum it up.....All men are looking for short term and not long term, and he hopes I'm not wasting my time waiting for it.

Of course, there was a little more to the email but it left me feeling sorry for this man. I could see in his eyes (his picture) that he was carrying a heavy load of anger and sadness. I told him that all though he may believe this, I feel there are many men out there like myself looking for someone special. That I felt sorry that there was a woman or women in his life that hurt him. That I was not attracted to a man that carried little or no respect for women and that I wished him well.

As I had suspected, a nasty email telling me I'm fat followed. Gee, how did I know someone with such adoration for women would resort to name calling?...lol I had to take a second look at his age....Yup, 45....some boys just don't grow up.

I still believe there is a man out there looking for Ms. Right and that maybe, it's me.
 Sweet Euphoria

It's Freaking Freezing out there!!!
Posted: 1/15/2009 5:29:46 PM
A glass of wine and the fantasy that maybe next winter I might have someone to cuddle up with on the long, cold winter nights after a bit of "cardio exercise".
 Sweet Euphoria

Away from here for a year and I see the same (people)-why?
Posted: 1/8/2009 3:07:42 PM
I agree with many of the posters here. This is true for both genders and it's far too easy to keep playing the field when you enter the world of internet dating. Don't always judge those you see after you returned in a year. It could be that the same holds true with the women you are viewing. I myself was in a long term relationship. I didn't really leave the site as I like reading and posting in the forums BUT, I also made it very clear that I was taken and not interested in anyone else at the time. Relationships end, we return to the scene of the crime.
 Sweet Euphoria
Msg: 171 (view)

younger men vs mature men....
Posted: 12/30/2008 3:46:33 PM
For all the reasons My I stated, THAT is why I prefer a mature man. Bring him on! I cook a mean breakfast...lol
 Sweet Euphoria

canadian men and dating
Posted: 12/30/2008 3:43:57 PM
Poor My I....it would seem the women you hang around with might have a little crush on you! I can't think of any other reason why the women you know would try and discourage you from approaching a woman other than the fact that may have some hidden agenda. Don't listen to the Hen Party, go ahead and approach whomever you wish to talk to. It's none of their business!
 Sweet Euphoria
Msg: 3 (view)

Royal Bank of Canada plans to outsource to India about 280 back-office jobs
Posted: 11/25/2008 3:52:15 AM
Unfortunately, all large financial institutions are out sourcing. I work for one of Canada's largest Financial/Insurance institutions and, we've just out sourced some of our Administration to the Philippines and our IT Help Desk to India. The later is a real pain with the lack of communication. My Manager had to spell out the words Mail Server to the Help Desk a couple days ago when requesting information about our server being down. Now some of the Administration Team are worried their jobs are in jeopardy. Management of course denies it but we all know some people will be hitting Workopolis in the coming months.
 Sweet Euphoria
Msg: 46 (view)

are looks important
Posted: 11/22/2008 4:21:14 PM
Have you polled the women on POF dueysdad? I don't think so. We ALL go through the same thing. Give me a break. You only have your perspective, not a woman's. Believe me, I get my share of rejections too. They're just the ones that aren't right for me. I'm not going to get myself down if 80% of the men on here are not attracted to a bigger woman. It only takes one to find me attractive, and I don't just mean in the physical sense. Keep your chin up and don't let anyone make you feel less than you are!
 Sweet Euphoria
Msg: 54 (view)

Divorced or single, what's the difference?
Posted: 11/13/2008 3:49:56 AM
In my own personal case, I can only say that a divorce is something I REALLY want. Hence the reason I have been already saving up for it. I know what the costs are because my best friend has recently been divorced and I was in court several times with her because her ex is a not so nice person (to put it nicely) and there have been issues with support. She didn't pay close to $5000 even with all the court battles.

My ex has never contested support and has always stuck to the separation agreement. He hasn't always been a nice man, but he's never let his children suffer. My boys will be 18 and 16 this summer and we've split all assets 50/50 looooooooooooong ago.

Judge me if you will but I do the best I can to raise my children and although I make a fairly decent living, the bills are paid...and in a year, I should think there will be enough to pay for a divorce. I am not in a relationship currently so, who is going to suffer if it takes another year? If I met a man today, it shouldn't effect him in the least.

We can all argue the point and everyone has different situations. This is just my story. There are people out there that do understand.
 Sweet Euphoria
Msg: 51 (view)

Posted: 11/11/2008 7:37:35 PM
I can't believe the anger that is welling up in some of you guys because I changed the status this week....LMFAO!!!

Nothing is hidden about me being separated. As for my "husband"...take up the law with him, I could care less what he does as long as he is there for his kids. Are you guys for real?? I can't commit to a long term relationship without the paper?? Get over yourselves! IF a relationship moves to that point where we either decide to move in together or marry, OF course I'd get that divorce paper. Do you expect me to meet a man tomorrow and marry in a couple short months? Wouldn't happen even if the divorce was final.

If a man can't read past the first few boxes of my profile and read the meat of it, then he's not worth the time of day. If I interest him, he'll read in my profile I've been separated for 10 years with no chance of reconciliation. So, if he should contact me, it obviously isn't a problem for him is it? He will know what my status is. But I guess I should try and please the masses here and put it back to Separated? It's not like I'd be dating either of you,would I?

I was considering changing it back to Separated these past couple of days...BUT...since such a stink has been raised, I'm feeling a wee bit rebellious right now and I think I shall leave it the way it is for a while. If any of you have co-habitated with the opposite sex for a length of time and had to split the furniture or other assets after you broke up, maybe you should state Separated too.

Another point about those little boxes..if you state you smoke occasionally, what does that mean? You might smoke only 5 cigarettes a day...or smoke in social settings? What do you think a woman would assume is occasionally compared to what you might think is? We could sit here and argue all day what other people think about the choices we're given here. If I only smoked in social settings ( 2 or 3 in a night out) I might be mighty pissed off to find out you smoke 5 a day and you consider that occasional.

Amore..your profile is a contradiction. You state you are not judgemental...hmmmm. You also state you don't care about a man's bank account.....hmmmm. You are judging me and although I'm not a man, you are still being judgemental. You are worried that an ex can lay claim to a person's assets....are you not worried about his wallet then? I'm sure you'll argue some more because from what I've seen of your previous posts, you LOVE it. Men could also judge your single status and you having kids. Are you divorced, separated..still married? Or did you have them out of wedlock? I'm not judging you....Judge not lest you be judged.
 Sweet Euphoria
Msg: 49 (view)

Posted: 11/11/2008 7:03:01 PM
Dante..if you had read my previous posts, you would know that I have all this time had Separated stated. However, with many other posting I had read, I decided just this week to change it to single because I feel single and my "husband" has been living with his girlfriend since the day he left our home 10 years ago. I guess he should be in jail since he can legally claim her as his common-law spouse?...lol Yes, we will forever be tied because of the children, as we would if we had the divorce paper.

Did you read my profile at all??? I don't think you did because you would have read right in my profile that I have been separated for 10 years. You might want to read it. Just another example of how people never take the time to read profiles. If I ever meet a man that wishes to get married, of course I would scrimp and save to get the Divorce finalized. It shouldn't be a factor what so ever. If you think he's going to come back into my life after all this time, I want what you're smoking...lol

I'm waiting for my apology...lol
 Sweet Euphoria
Msg: 47 (view)

Posted: 11/11/2008 6:18:50 PM
To get a divorce, you will have to show that your marriage has broken down. The law says marriage breakdown has occurred if:

* you and your spouse have lived separate and apart for one year with the idea that your marriage is over; or
* your spouse has committed adultery and you have not forgiven your spouse; or
* your spouse has been physically or mentally cruel to you, making it unbearable to continue living together. Cruelty may include acts of physical violence and those causing severe mental anguish.

You can get a divorce if one of these situations applies to you.

Over 80 percent of divorces in Canada are based on one-year separations.

A separation occurs when one or both spouses decide to live apart with the intention of not living together again. Once you are separated, you may need to discuss custody, access and child support with your spouse. You may also need to work out issues dealing with spousal support and property. You can resolve these issues in different ways:

* You can negotiate a separation agreement. A separation agreement is a legal document signed by both spouses which details the arrangements on which you have agreed. In some jurisdictions, independent legal advice is required to make the document legally binding.
* You can make an application to the court to set up custody, access, support and property arrangements under the provincial or territorial laws that apply to you.
* You can come to an informal agreement with your spouse. However, if one party decides not to honour the agreement, you will have no legal protection.

To legally end your marriage, you need a divorce, which is an order signed by a judge under the federal law called the Divorce Act.

Hence the reason we had separation papers drawn up. We were far from being a year separated and since we had children and my ex wanted the house sold and half of everything ASAP, we had to spend the cash up front to lawyers to draw up separation papers. I suppose if I wanted to have an ugly fight, I could have fought for the divorce right off the bat on grounds of adultery (his) however, I believe after thousands of dollars and probably some ugliness on his part, would that have been a better option? I just wanted the peace to be kept for the sake of the children.

I don't think anyone here is disputing the fact that a divorce legally ends the marriage. I think many of us that have been separated for years would agree that emotionally, our marriage ended years ago. A divorce is just one expense that I can't afford to save up for right now but, if I met a man that insisted on it, I would hope he would be patient enough to wait for the time when I was able to save up my pennies.
 Sweet Euphoria

Posted: 11/8/2008 12:30:07 PM
I DO love the opinions of people that have never walked a mile in another's shoes.

Marriages fail for various reasons. Take me for example....it wasn't for the lack of trying. I was with a man for over 10 years that had severe depression problems. I did everything I could to get him the help he needed and I did everything I could to try and make him happy. Instead, he looked outside the marriage. I even tried forgiving him for cheating on me with my (ex) best friend. So how much is a person suppose to take before calling it quits?

I have also been in a serious, long term relationship with a man that had never been married, did not have kids and was in his 40's. He displayed his fear of commitment twice. Does that make me fearful to try again with a man that has not been married or in a serious long term relationship? No.

We can not assume that all people that are divorced are the same. That all people of a certain age that have not been married are the same. That all people that are separated are the same. However having said that, if you aren't comfortable getting to know someone to find out if they are suitable for you, then who am I or anyone else to say you are wrong?

We all have our own preferences. If someone is going to pass me by because I've been married before, or that I've been separated for 10 years and haven't found it necessary at this point to have that Divorce paper....that's their issue, not mine. They just might be missing out on someone that is perfect for them!
 Sweet Euphoria
Msg: 12 (view)

Posted: 11/6/2008 2:40:14 PM
^^^^

It could be that it is expensive because we have children to raise by ourselves as an example. It also cost an arm and a leg to be LEGALLY separated. A Legal Separation can be done far sooner than a Divorce, and if you have children to worry about, you need that all important legal paper stipulating who gets what, who does what...who has the children and so forth. As a single person without children, you may not have an understanding of all that is involved.

My ex has as much hold over me and the children Separated as he would Divorced. The separation agreement spells out everything in legal terms and he has no hold over me so your theory doesn't hold out I'm afraid.

After 10 years you really think I'd go back to him? I wouldn't have after 6 months!...lol My ex can not tell me what to do with my life anymore than he could if we had the Divorce paper. When people have children, there is always going to be a connection through them whether you are divorced or separated.
 Sweet Euphoria

Posted: 10/31/2008 2:46:22 PM
Everyone has their own ideas of what someone's status means. For instance, I am separated. I have been for almost 10 years. In my mind that is as good as being single. To others, it means I'm still married. Now if I meet a man that has only been separated for a few months, I tend to shy away from that.

So I wonder, should I say I'm single rather than separated? I'd rather be open and honest and if someone is to judge me for not getting that final piece of paper yet, than so be it.
 Sweet Euphoria

Inappropriate Messages
Posted: 10/27/2008 6:02:06 PM
I'd have to disagree that it's all about the picture. For some of us who don't fit into a bikini (although they make them in my size, I have enough self respect to wear something more appropriate for my size...lol), we can encounter the same "piggish" attitudes.

Maybe it's because some men (and I use the term "men" loosely in certain situations), believe that a woman of larger size or of a certain age will take their abusive comments and attitudes because we'll take any attention we can get. No self respecting woman of any size, shape or colour should be subjected to disrespectful comments and not all of us have such low self esteem that we will put up with it.

Those women that choose to show off their "assets" on a public forum for all to see have every right to choose so however, in such instances, they should expect a few idiots to make lurid comments. You take the good with the bad. Not ALL women have the ability to pick and choose either, that is a misnomer. Most men on this site believe we receive tons of emails and they have it hard....Maybe if you're a woman in your 20's with the stereotypical perfect body...lol

Make no mistake, as most women on this site can probably attest to, it doesn't take a provocative picture or racey comments in one's profile to illicit uncalled for comments once in a while. There are always going to be idiots out there that don't understand the word respect......Block and Delete works well!!
 Sweet Euphoria
Msg: 2 (view)

Kitchener night club question...
Posted: 9/19/2008 4:08:24 AM
Club Abstract has Alternative music on Thursdays and Saturdays and Retro Night on Friday. You will find there are still young people there because it's not far from our two Universities in Waterloo and Conestoga College. Every bar you go to in Kitchener Waterloo is over run by University and College kids. You will find a real mix at Club Abstract. If you're in to Country Music (which I'm not...lol), there is a new club in downtown Kitchener called Dallas that is an over 21 bar. I haven't been to a bar in ages because frankly, I feel too old compared to most of the patrons....lol

Show ALL Forums